Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 2nd, 2024, 2:40pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times. (Read 75957 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
Reply #30 - Jul 12th, 2010, 2:19pm

After about a 1/2 hour, Fernando comes out of the bathroom, fresh and clean though he would prefer to be sleeping. Semi dressed in his underwear and wrapped in a towel, he steps into the room, seeing Tammy still in the bed but this time sitting on it and more recomposed of herself instead of laying down and still crying.

Fernando (as he closes the door behind him): Doing better?
Tammy: I guess so.
Fernando: Good. Now, do you mind giving me a bit of privacy so I can put on my clothes?
Tammy: I don't mind. Its not like have not seen each other naked, and besides, we're covered in fur.
Fernando: I think you would be asking for a bit of privacy if you were changing.
Tammy: We dressed in front of each other many times, and sleeping together too. We do not have that many secrets left for we share them all.
Fernando: Anything I need to worry about inside that little red head of yours?
Tammy: Just something I don't understand.
Fernando: What?
Tammy: You once told me that you were immortal because of some time traveling accident.

Fernando momentarily ignores her as he puts on a shirt.

Tammy: Come on, tell me... please...
Fernando: Look... uhm.. actually I forgot what I was going to say.
Tammy (getting off the bed and walking up to him, putting her arms around his neck): Then let me restate it. How could you have died if you are immortal?
Fernando: I may seem to be immortal, but I can die. But since there are an infinite number of me to replace the one that died, I seem to live forever.
Tammy: Then explain why you seem to never age.
Fernando: Well... that takes more of explaining than the time traveling accident that made me one with all Time.
Tammy: I got plenty of time to hear your answer.
Fernando: At least let me put on my pants.

Fernando steps away from her and bends down to put on his pants.

Fernando (trying to avoid the question): Now I can answer with my pants on. What you think?
Tammy: Probably that comment was about getting an upgrade to my sex education.
Fernando: Huh?
Tammy: You used to tell me before we got married 'that we should respect each other's privacy or else I might end up with an upgrade in my sex-education. Really, we're married!
Fernando (taking his pants and puts them on): Have you and... Err... him ever done it? Not according to my memories, and current you and I have not yet. So... You are still a virgin, which is a good thing in some respects.
Tammy: How many virgin wives are there?
Fernando: Mary, mother of Jesus was a virgin.  
Tammy: I don't think she counts.
Fernando: Why not? She was married to Joseph.
Tammy: Devine intervention 'does not count!
Fernando: I'm not going to question the validity of man and god, but for some reason, it is recorded that Mary of Nazareth gave a virgin birth to Jesus in the city of Bethlehem . 'But the issue is- you are not the only one. Many people marry for convenience and never enter the realm of sexual relations.
Tammy (getting suddenly loud): WE ARE 'MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE?!!
Fernando: No reason to get excited...
Tammy: NO REASON TO GET EXCITED?!!
Fernando: Seriously Tammy, besides falling in love, the main reason why you and him got married was to protect your little fluffy tail. The love you two had for each other only made the deal that more sweeter. Now seriously, would you would have married me if it were just for the convenience of not getting yourself killed by those who target you, and not something out of your inner feelings for him?
Tammy: NO!
Fernando: Would you have married the likes of me if there was no emotional attachment?
Tammy: WHAT FOR?!!
Fernando: Then why are you chasing me?
Tammy: Because you are my husband! You Love Me As I Do you!
Fernando: I keep telling you that I am not the same one that you knew before. But more importantly, I keep telling you that you are to be a woeful widow while in I am here. Why? Because the job of eliminating us if not finished in their eyes. They want us dead and only got 1/2 the job done by killing me. You're next in line, and not you're back in Italy, you just made it easy for them to get you once they find out you are back here.
Tammy: Then prove to me that you are not him!

Fernando bows his head and shakes it for a second or two. He looks back at her, and takes off his shirt, then his t-shirt, placing both on the bed. He walks to her, taking her hand, taking two fingers from it to out into his chest, and rubs it against his breast bone. She feels a slight indentation there as well as a tiny area of missing fur.

Fernando: You see- that is where the bullet went.

She could only look up at him.

Tammy: But...
Fernando: I am he as he is I and we are part of each other. You can yell at me all you want, you can walk away and never want to see me again, but what I am doing now, as much as it may hurt you, is protecting you from the shadows, because people want you dead.

A tear starts rolling down Tammy's face.

Fernando: People with money and power, people with abilities that sets them apart from you or I. My friend Jeanie is a multi-billionaire. She has more money than the owners of Microsoft and the Queen of England combined. She also has power in being able to sway her 1.6 billion reading public into any decision she wants, because she can do it with a little tiny article in her newspaper. 'And the people we are dealing with want more than what she has, and sees you as an obstacle in their path. You understand what I'm telling you?

Tammy nods.

Tammy: By why didn't you say so sooner?
Fernando: Why? Because. Because my love for you has to be put on hold for me to get what has to be done- done. Because I can not let emotions get in the way, because the last time I did, I got sloppy and it got me killed. That is why I have to be cold, Tammy. And in the end of all this, you hurt so bad that you want to walk away from me, then so be it. At least you will be able to live the rest of your life without worry if some asshole trying to kill you. That is all I want.
Tammy: How... tell me, how or uhm, why are you alive now? I mean- you were dead when I held you.
Fernando: My daughter had a minor role in it. I'm not a robot or a cyborg like Bink is, I'm not a machine. I am a Squirrel, a flying one, which means nothing but that I am still flesh and blood. Within reason, I can heal from most wounds... like this one. But I needed time to heal. Not like the first one, who died from radiation poisoning and cellular discorporation- he truly died from his injuries. But me - #2... I am still flesh and blood, but time seems to have frozen my cells in place- thus I can never grew old, and never die unless I do something crazy that would destroy the entire body like #1 did. With all this- why do you think it took so long for me to return?
Tammy: Because you had to heal? But... where were you all this time?

Fernando: I was literally Nowhere. A place in Space Time where nothing exists but can be accessed for there days can go by like seconds, years like days and minutes like centuries. Tammy- an injury like this takes one years to recover, yet I arrived 6 weeks according to your understanding of time. I spent 3 years getting myself back into shape. 3 years of being alone, not knowing what was going on. And when I was back to what one would consider normal, I sent myself to as close of a time I could get back to you all. That would be 6 weeks for you. So excuse me... for Time changes a man, and I have a job to do.

Fernando turns around to go back to the bed to get his t-shirt and shirt and put them on. Tammy waits there for a moment as if frozen by what had said.

Fernando: Would you have waited 3 years for me?
Tammy: I... Don't know. Maybe I would have, if I knew you were coming back.
Fernando: Would you have changed?
Tammy: 3 years is a long time. I would not know.

Fernando (sits on the bed and puts on his sox and shoes): So imagine being me. 3 years waiting for this body to repair itself. Basically alone in isolation. I was not alone, but being with my other selves, I might as well have been. Then there was the constant testing of how I felt for you and the others. How I feel for revenge. When satisfied with the results I was allowed to go back. #3 and I had a big fight about coming back, and if I could come back or let him go in my place. Yes, #3 does not like you. In his universe you two were hated enemies because of some failed rescue that took Jeanette Isabelle- his wife. Funny, in his universe, you were nice and likeable as you are here, but all it took was one act of fate, one chance in a million, two got caught in a trap, 1 returned alive, the other dead. Though you were grateful for being rescued, and wanted to undo what had happened or at least wanted to make him happy- he wanted nothing to do with you. So if #3 would have came here, instead of me- you would be in dire straits as far as being in a loving relationship with him. So Tammy, understand that I am not the same me that I was when we got married. Even though I care and have feelings for you, I can not have you get hurt by the actions of others. And I can not have others know that I am alive. So... I'm asking that we be friends first, and lovers later.

Tammy: I dont want you to be my lover, I want you to be my husband... one that you promised to be- loving and cherishing me through the best of times and the worst of times... I don't think this cant be any more worse than this.

Fernando (putting his last foot down on the floor): I'll always be your husband. Heh...
Tammy: What?
Fernando (slowly getting up and stepping towards her): I was going to say until the day I bury you, 'but you had already buried me. But that is not going to happen, not if I can help it... Tammy?
Tammy: Yes?
Fernando: You needed a few things?
Tammy: Why you changing the subject?
Fernando: Because we can deal with it another time. But right now you have needs of your own to be fulfilled. So... you need a few everyday things?
Tammy: Yeah.

Fernando: Then lets go.

Tammy takes a little coaching out of the bedroom, but eventually makes it out of their room. Together they go past the basement stairway entrance where they could hear Hondo moving some of the heavier equipment downstairs. Tammy stops for a moment by the doorway.

Tammy: Maybe we should help him?
Fernando: He'll be fine by himself. No need to worry about him.

Fernando continued to the rear exit of the house and stopped for a moment, as Tammy was still by the basement door.

Fernando: Want to make it 3 days in a row?
Tammy: Huh?
Fernando: You, wearing the same outfit.
Tammy: No!...
Fernando: Then, lets go before the stores closes.

Tammy sighs.

Tammy: As long as you think he'll be alright...
Fernando (interrupting her): He'll be alright. Now lets go.

Tammy starts to take a few walking steps before trotting over to Fernando as he left the house. She slowed down to a steady walking pace as se caught up to him. He walked around the Porsche, opening the passenger door for Tammy. She went in and sat down on the leather seats. She buckled herself in as he closed the door. He gave the parking lot a visual inspection, noting that Jeanie's limo was not in the lot. He slowly walked around the front of the Porsche and let himself inside. With the key in the ignition, he turns on the motor, and buckles himself inside as the engine warms up.

He lets out a sigh as he placed his hands on the steering wheel. Behind his dark glasses, he closes his eyes for a moment.

Fernando: Tammy.
Tammy: Yes?
Fernando: I'm sorry.
Tammy: I forgive you, but why?
Fernando: Don't know, but there will be more grief to come. And I might as well say it now and not later on.
Tammy: That was not necessary. You don't apologize for things you yet to do.
Fernando: Then I'm sorry for the mind games and brain screwing I have put you through and its not going to end, not until we finish our work here.
Tammy: Again, don't apologize until what is said is done and over.
Fernando (punching the accelerator and putting the Porsche into gear): Just remember what I told you, things will be crazier then before within 36 hours.
Tammy (as they start to leave the drive and onto the highway): After that talk upstairs, I'm more up to the task when it comes.
Fernando: I hope you are.

They continue their drive to Rome at slightly higher than the speed limit but even at 75mph, faster cars were passing them on the road. They get to Rome's shopping district in little under an hour, which includes finding a parking space and walking to the store.

After putting away her new clothes in the trunk of the Porsche, Fernando and Tammy take a to the Piazza di Spanga and to the outdoor cafes that were there, the cafes where they often met shortly after their marriage and Tammy had to stay with the SWA for a while. With the large white staircase in the background, they had pastry and coffee.

Tammy: Can I ask a very personal question?
Fernando: You can ask anything. Its how I answer that will be determined.
Tammy: Fernando! I'm Your Wife!
Fernando: I will answer your questions honestly and truthfully. But if its something involving time travel and altering events, I will have to say something you may not like or worse- lie to you.
Tammy: You're not supposed to lie to me!
Fernando: Lets not get excited, for one. Now, what is your question.
Tammy: I don't think I should ask it with that attitude.
Fernando: If you can trust me to sleep in the same bed with me, with as little as what we have on, Answering a question or two should not be a major issue between us. Now- what's the question!

Tammy hesitate in ask, almost as if she was rethinking the question to ask.

Tammy: I read your autopsy report...
Fernando: And?
Tammy: I know the damage you took when that bullet went through you.
Fernando: So?
Tammy: You had a ruptured the top of the left Atrium and the bottom of the Aorta, which killed you instantly. But you also had 'a shattered broncule tube, a shattered 7th Thoracic vertebrae with the spinal cord inside severely damage if not broken.
 Fernando: What about it?
Tammy: The SWA Doctors tried to save you but couldn't. And your doctor daughter did your final autopsy. I just want to know, did the SWA or your daughter used cybernetic technology on you to bring you back?
Fernando: No. I would not allow it if they did.
Tammy: But you were dead. Who knows what they did to you?
Fernando: The SWA would not dare waste their resources on an idiot like me for one. Aiseha would have taken anything out that they would have put in. Like I said- three years. Not only did my heart has to heal, but so of those other injuries. It took most of that time to learn how to walk again.
Tammy: So...
Fernando (interrupting her): I'm 85% to what I was before. Given time to rest, maybe another year, I'll be back to 100% But right now there is no time to rest.
Tammy (bowing her head): I see.
Fernando: Maybe you don't, but I'll tell you this much, a good hard enough blow to the chest and my windpipe may shatter again.
Tammy (looking p at him): But...! WHY!
Fernando: Its not fully healed for one. And two the windpipe inside the chest is one of the weakest parts of the body. Fortunately for most there is a strong heart and breast bone in the way to absorb any blows one may have to the chest, but those are weak on me as well. I'm not saying that I'm weak or frail, but I should be getting rests and not trying to save your fluffy tail.
Tammy: Then maybe you should not be trying to save my fluffy tail! I'm a grown squirrel and can take care of myself!
Fernando: You sure about that?
Tammy: Yes!

Fernando takes her left hand slowly, thumbing the rings on her ring finger.

Fernando: You never took them off.

Tammy pulls her hand away from his.

As Fernando and Tammy continued their talk, Jeanie returns to the house with a delivery truck right behind her. Though Hondo protested, he was glad that he had prepared the basement for their expected arrival. The washers and dryers were replaced within the hour's time. Hondo inspected their work as the machines were being installed. Soon Jeanie was taking a few personal items to test one of the washers dryers with.

With nothing possibly could be found in the basement, Hondo leaves Jeanie to her laundry.

At the caf", Fernando and Tammy were finishing up on their light meal and was getting ready to go. They decide to take the tourist route, spending time away from everyone and everything. While they hold hands and intertwine their arms to be closer together, the both of them seem nervous about the whole thing, though for different reasons. Fernando stops by a tourist map, puling Tammy along side him.

Fernando: Want to go to the Coliseum?
Tammy: I think we should be going home soon.

Fernando sighs.

Fernando: OK. Uhm, just a few more minutes of walking to clear my head and then we go home, alright?
Tammy: Alright.

They take a route that makes them circle the famous staircase, going past several cafes and food carts. Though slightly more crowded than usual because of the tourist season, they managed to walk about without bumping into one. At least that is how it was for the moment.

Coming at them was a large no-neck buffoon, with a red headed mice at his side. It was the mouse that bumps hard into Tammy, almost knocking her down if Fernando was not holding on to her arm. Once Tammy was righted onto her feet again, Fernando turned around to the couple who were a couple of steps away and gave them a few choice Italian words that denounced their heritage and exemplified their mother's sexual practices. They both turn around to see him. Tammy started to pull on his arm to get him away from them before it became a much larger scene. For a moment, The red headed mouse and Fernando just stared at each other.

The red headed mouse goes into her purse and pulls out a large Berretta 9mm pistol. Fernando pushes Tammy behind him while taking the gun from her purse. The first of 2 sets of rounds are exchanged, missing them both, along with anyone else nearby. The crowd upon hearing the gun fire, run away or dive to the floor to take cover. With just the four of them standing and facing each other, the red head mouse's companion pulls out a gun to come to her aide. Fernando manages a lucky shot that hits him in the hand and forces him to drop his gun. A second round hits the companion below his cheek bone, knocking out several teeth that were in the way, and out the back of his neck without hitting anything major, forcing him to the floor but still alive. The next three rounds came from the red head's gun, hitting Fernando across the chest. Though his bullet proof layers save him from the bullets entering him and killing him, the force of impact was enough to throw him back against Tammy clutching at his chest. Ribs under his suit jacket and layers of bullet proof linings could be heard cracking. He manages to shoot one last round, striking the red headed mouse in the thigh as she turned around to run away.

Fernando sat there on the floor as Tammy held him up. He coughs a couple of times, coughing up blood.

Tammy: No! Fernando, Don't Die!

Fernando pants for air, breathing heavy and hard. Tammy holds him tighter as she took the gun from his hand.

In the background, the sound of ambulances and police cars can be heard arriving at the scene. Tammy did her best to keep the police at bay with her SWA Identification. Soon they were at St. Lorenzo's General Hospital. There at the hospital, Tammy makes a call to the house for Hondo.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #31 - Jul 12th, 2010, 5:19pm

Hondo had about finished moving around the old equipment when he heard someone walk past the upstairs door. He braced himself as he expected that pushy Asian to come on down an' bother him about somethin' else. The thought of her made him mumble a few unpleasant remarks about her flyin' in on a broom. She really did annoy him. He turned back to finish movin' the old dryer he currently was rippin' apart when he heard the voices at the top of the stairs. He instantly recognized Tammy's voice though he didn't hear what she said. He had to strain a bit to hear the second voice but he was pretty sure it was Fernando's voice.  

' 'He had wanted to tell him about the EMP bomb that was thrown over the fence an' the gal in the Mustang convertible that had thrown it. It didn't matter, though as Fernando had enough other things to worry about. Fernando knew to be on his guard an' it didn't do much damage anyway. Hondo's truck's engine computer was shot an' a few other electronic devices were messed up in his truck as well as in the house, but fortunately it was had a short distance effect, though very strong within the area it was used. Hondo was surprised no one woke up when it went off. Fortunately Fernando preplanned for EMP encounters as his car was set up as a Faraday cage on wheels. 'Hondo had found fragments of the EMP the next day, enough to hopefully rebuild it.  

'Hondo finally heard them move off then heard Fernando's car start up an' takes off down the road. He worked quickly to make sure all was ready. It took him a while to get everything out an' the door to the rest of the underground complex camouflaged an' hard to access even if found. He finished up an' went to a lower section to grab that diesel engine he had found along with any other parts he may need. He mumbled something to himself about all the work he had just done on the truck an' losin' it all even before the truck had a chance to get off the property. Also in his mumblin's likened the thrower of that bomb to a female dog.  

'Hondo reached the shop part of the garage where he usually worked on the truck with the engine on a pallet jack an' just as he did that filthy rich, nosy Asian mousette, Jeanie, arrived in her Limo followed close by a truck that had the word elettrodomestici on the side. He could only guess that meant appliances, as his Italian was not good at all. Knowin' a bit of Spanish was the only thing that saved him when tryin' to make out Italian words, even though this one with a bit of thought could be figured out by any English speakin' soul if they thought about it.

Jeanie's driver opened the rear door of the car an' Jeanie exited the car. As soon as had her feet hit the ground she started givin' the delivery drivers orders. Hondo quickly made his way back in from the garage into the house then back to the basement. He was lookin' very busy checkin' out a dryer motor when Jeanie came down into the basement with the delivery drivers in tow, talkin' an' pointin' as she walked down the stairs

Jeanie: 'You can move the old ones out and put the new units in their place.
Hondo: What's goin' on, here?  
Jeanie: 'I bought new washers and dryers. These men are delivering and installing them so stay out of the way.
Hondo: I told you the old one would do fine, an' who the heck are you to tell me to stay out of the way?! Besides, I told you to stay out of the basement. Fernando doesn't want you pokin' your nose around any further than ya already have.
Jeanie: I am a friend of Fernando's as well, and I owe him more than I can repay. Fernando will not mind.
Hondo: He already minds! He was a bit more than ticked off last night, or do ya not remember bein' sent away with an order to not be seen again until mornin' by him?
Jeanie (to the delivery men): Don't mind him. He's just a stupid cowboy.

Hondo hadn't lost his temper yet, though his voice was hard an' firm, but he had all he could do to not shoot her at the moment.

Jeanie (to Hondo as she looks at the empty space where the old units used to be): At least your good for something, now the men don't have to move out the old units since you did it for them.
Hondo growled: You really think Fernando would give me full access to his safe house or have me around durin' life or death missions if I was really stupid or useless?
Jeanie: He only lets you stay as you are an amusement to him, and as for full access, he knows even if you found anything secret you would never figure out what it was.
Hondo (in a low growly voice as he looked at her with a cold hard stare): Now that's bull an' you know it! I've had enough of you an' yur meddlin'. I'm gonna to the garage. You do what you want with the washers. I'll let Fernando deal with you, but hear this, I find you any place in this house you should not be I'll shoot first an' ask questions later.  

Jeanie just rolled her eyes at him. 'Don't worry, I'll be a good girl,' she said in a mockin' tone. 'I'm not worried, but I'll stay here until this job is done anyway.' Hondo growled in a low voice.  

Jeanie stormed back upstairs with the deliverymen on her heals. They all returned shortly an' the units were installed quickly. Jeanie went back up with the men to pay them a handsome tip, much more than their sloppy work was worth. Hondo had to correct them a few times an' as soon as they left he re-did a couple small items that he felt were done sub-standardly. As soon as he finished Jeanie returned with an arm full of laundry. Hondo, who was currently leanin' against a small work counter down in the basement, looked at her with a cold, uninterested stare. 'I bought them, so I shall try them out first.' She said. Hondo raised an' eyebrow, shook his head, them muttered somethin' about meddlin' floozy under his breath, just loud enough for her to hear it. '

"Well, I never!" She huffed. 'Maybe it's about time then.' Hondo muttered as he climbed the stairs.

He snarled to himself as he thought of that meddlin' gal. Why he let her make him mad he wasn't sure, as he knew she was goin' to do this anyway. He walked through the garage out side to where Jeanie's goons were loungin'. Hondo Told them he needed help pushin' his truck back into the garage to work on it. At first they didn't seem interested in helpin', but when Hondo hinted that that Jeanie an' Fernando might get upset if they were told that they didn't give a helpin' hand they seemed to become very eager helpers, even stayin' long enough to get the old engine out an' help Hondo set the diesel engine into place.  

It was well after lunchtime by the time they got the engine set into the truck, so Hondo told the goons they could go get somethin' to eat an' he'd be in shortly. After they left Hondo looked over the engine. It was placed well enough that he could finish it himself in a couple hours. He washed the grease off himself an' changed his shirt with a spare shirt he had in the truck. He walked out of the garage an' down the driveway to where Jeanie's limo was parked. Her driver was back out, as she had eaten lunch right after the delivery men had finished, an' he was washin' the limo down. Hondo looked it over good. He was surprised it wasn't a Rolls. Hondo walked up to talk to the driver.

Hondo: Nice ride.Bullet proof windows from the look of it. Probably has bullet proof panels in the doors too, eh?...  
Driver: Yes, sir. It does, but not only the doors. Almost every exposed inch of metal covers bullet proofing material of some sort. Most of it is very advance bullet proof material with thin layers of advance, lightweight bulletproof titanium alloy.
Hondo: 'Must have plenty of ponies under the hood to move this beast down the road, eh?
Driver: Ponies? 'I don't understand . . .
Hondo: Horse power. I figure it must have a fairly large engine.
Driver (in an almost excited tone): Oh yes sir! The engine stock runs around 700 hp, but it's tuned to run almost 200 more, with all the special additions that it has!

Hondo just shook his head as he looked at it. *More power than they would need on a bad day.* Hondo thought to himself. Hondo started to turn say somethin' else when one of the goons at the house called out to him that he had a phone call.

Goon: Phone call for you, Mr. Sackett.
Hondo: For me?  

Hondo walked up to the door muttering: Fernando always calls my cell.
Goon: It's not Mr. Fernando. It's Mizz Squirrel.
Hondo (in an inquisitive but worried voice): Tammy?
Hondo grabbed the phone from the goon
Hondo: Ya'llow, Tammy?
Tammy (strained voice): Hondo . . . sniffle, sniffle, It's Fernando.
Hondo (in a firm voice): What's Wrong!
Tammy: We were at the cafˇ.. Sniff . . Someone tripped me. . 'sniff, sniffle . . . Fernando yelled at them. They shot him!
Hondo: How bad is it?! Didn't he have his vest on?
Tammy: He did, but he didn't heal up long . . sniff. . . enough. He should have stayed . . sniffle . . . out of time longer to heal. His trachea was weak. Shattered again. Please come quickly!
Hondo: Pull yourself together! He needs you strong, not fallin' apart again. Your not makin' much sense, but I'll be there as soon as I can.

Hondo hung up the wireless pone into it's cradle an' took off in a trot out the side door.
He grabbed his two revolver shoulder holster 'an' shoved his hip gun an' his backup back gun into the holsters, threw two derringers loaded with .410 buck an' fixed a mares leg with collapsible stock onto his back before throwin' on a heavy leather vest to cover it all. His truck was dead he knew. An idea came to him just as he heard Jeanie question the goon about my conversation on the phone. Hondo jogged down the drive to where the limo driver had just turned the car around to wash the other side. 'Hey driver!, Jeanie wants ya inside now. Somethin' urgent she said.' Hondo yelled to him as he trotted up. 'Thank you, sir.' The driver said as he rushed into the house through the front door. No sooner had the driver hit the door Hondo hit the driver seat of the limo an' fired the beast up. Hondo was glad he left the driver left the keys in the car, as hotwirin' would have slowed him down too much.

'Hondo squealed the tires as he shot backwards out of the drive. The gates didn't have time to open so Hondo shot through them, tearin' them from the hinges as he went. As he threw the gear shift into drive Hondo saw Jeanie an' her goons boil out of the house followed by a confused driver, but Hondo was long gone before they could do anythin'.

For Hondo the almost 900hp engine was not nearly enough at that moment. He pushed the limo to 180 but dared not do much more as she didn't turn well, bein' so long. He was worried about Fernando an' blamed himself. He had a naggin' feelin' all along that he should stay with him when he goes out, but he was Fernando. Or was he? Hondo was not sure all about the infinite Fernando deal. Maybe his memories not bein' lined up right had impaired his judgment? Hondo wasn't sure, but 100 questions ran through his mind as well as self blame. His thoughts went back to his dearly departed wife, or of whom he thought was dead. 'Maybe I'm just cursed or maybe it's more. Maybe Jeanie was right. Maybe I am just a stupid cowboy an' folks get hurt 'cause I'm not man enough to admit it.' He muttered to himself. He shook his head to clear his thoughts as if shakin' it would through out botherin' thoughts the way a cream separator throws the cream off of milk. He knew now was not the time for thoughts like that, nor a time to blame. Now was a time to be there for Fernando an' Tammy.

'Hondo arrived at the hospital in no time. He squealed to a stop in front an' jumped out of the car, throwin' the keys to a security guard to park it as he ran in an' up to the main desk. After a quick argument with the head nurse Hondo was taken to an upper floor. As soon as he got off the elevator he saw Tammy, pacin' the hall up ahead. Hondo walked up to her

Hondo: Tammy! What's goin' on? Where's Fernando? I want to see him.

« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2011, 11:18pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2010, 7:18pm

Tammy leads the way to Fernando's room, where a couple of police officers guard the door, as they do anytime an SWA operative was involved in a lone situation until higher ups can come to assess the situation. With a nod from Tammy, the police officers allowed them to enter the room. He was in the back of the room, with the privacy curtain closed. A long drawn heavy sounding 'Hisssss' followed by a 'Shunk' sound can be heard slowly but rhythmically. They walk through the privacy curtain, where Fernando was on the bed. Air hoses were put into his mouth and taped into place, his nose sealed shut, and an IV doped with powerful tranquilizers being pumped into his arm. 'He looked to be in as bad shape as one could be.

Hondo takes the patient's medical clipboard from the end of the bed and starts reading. It explains of internal pulmonary bruises and of a fractured broncule branch in the middle left pulmonary lobe. Though not life threatening, it can be if left untreated. Though not up par on his anatomy terms, Hondo understands the condition Fernando was in. He walks about the room for a second, bringing a couple of chairs for him and Tammy. She sits on the one he gives her, he spins the chair around and leans his tail against the back of the seat, with his arms crossed.

Hondo: Miss, what are you going to do?
Tammy: I don't know!
Hondo: Well, first of all- you need to calm yourself down. He of all people would not want you to be all flighty and crazy. And I agree.
Tammy: Its that the things he says, I just don't believe them until they happen as he had said...
Hondo: You mean like this?
Tammy: Yes...
Hondo: Look, he's an expert time traveler, he of all people will know what is going on before it happens. I may time hop in my Delorean, but I just observe and quickly return. Furthermore I have not done so in a very long time, but believe me when I tell you, if Fernando tells 'you to do something, to be a certain way, its for your own fluffy tail's good that you do.
Tammy: I know...
Hondo: This aint the cafˇ. There are dangerous people in this world, and some of them want you dead for some reason.
Tammy: Don't You Think I Know That!...
Hondo: I know that you know, but knowing and understanding are two very different things. You need to understand that this is the price you have to pay in order to have Bink as your sister again because she was entailed in a government assassination squad. And do as you might, your good aint good enough. If Fernando were not there with you today, what would have happened to you?

Hondo gives her several seconds to answer, but she does not. Instead she looks at the ground.

Hondo: You would be dead...
Tammy (interrupting him though he finished his sentence): DOn'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?!!
Hondo: Then what's your problem?

Another couple of seconds pass, with no answer from her.

Hondo: You don't have to answer that. Look- you contacted his daughter, Dr. Aiesha?
Tammy: She's on her way.
Hondo: Anyone else needs to be notified?
Tammy: The SWA will be coming over soon. The police notified them of what happened.
Hondo: So, who was it that did this? Tell me 'xatly what happened.
Tammy: What is there to say, I told you everything over the phone.
Hondo: Tell me again. I want to see if you left anything out.
Tammy: Me and Fernando were walking down the Piazza after having a meal at the cafˇ. Then this rude woman walking with her man bumps into me like if we were in the NYC Subway during rush hour. No One does that In Italy, Hondo! No One!
Hondo: So she knocks you down, then what happened?
Tammy: Almost knocks me down. Fernando caught me from falling and righted me up again. Then he turn to them and cursed them in Italian. They both turn back... Its Her!
Hondo: Her- who?
Tammy: Its that Red Headed Mouse Terrorist- Annie!
Hondo: You sure about that?
Tammy: YES!
Hondo: Isn't she supposed to be dead?
Tammy: Fernando told me that she somehow survived, and killed him.
Hondo: What about her boyfriend, wasn't he killed too?
Tammy: She was with a different guy, no one could survive having a bullet to their brain!
Hondo: So you ran up with Annie and her boyfriend. What then?
Tammy: She pulls out her gun, and Fernando shoves me behind him then takes out his gun. Her boyfriend joins in and they start shooting. Fernando hit the boyfriend in the face and then get shot up by Annie ad he falls against me. Then she turns to run away but Fernando lets out one more shot and I think he got her in the leg. And that was it.
Hondo: If he shot her in the leg, she wont be going to far without needing medical help.

Hondo thinks to himself.

Hondo: Alright, lets go home. There is nothing we can do here.
Tammy: No!
Hondo: And why not?
Tammy: I'm going to stay here with him.

A female chipmunk in a dress suit walk into the room, opening up the private partition, finding Tammy with Hondo, and Fernando on the bed. Hondo reaches for his guns, but Tammy grabs his wrists.

Tammy (letting go of Hondo): Ferro! I thought you were still in America at the cafˇ.
Ferro (walking over to the bed, looking at Fernando): We also thought you were at the cafˇ too. So tell me, how you got here so quickly and without notice?
Tammy: I got here by private Jet.
Ferro: Private Jet? I bet... And you, sir?
Hondo: By private jet, just like her.
Ferro: I have a right mind to check your passports, but right now, explain him.
Tammy: That's Fernando...
Ferro: I can see that, and I was there for his funeral. What is he doing in this hospital bed- for a lack of a better word- alive?
Hondo: It was an agency body double that was killed.
Ferro: An agency body double... I have not heard those being used since the US/Russian cold war.
Hondo: We still use them...
Ferro: How convenient. You know this is going to set problems for you as a group.
Hondo: We will deal with the problems as they come. Now, If I remember, this was a private meeting.
Ferro: Private for friends, family and (pointing at Tammy) in her case- employers. Now Tammy- I read the report for the officers at the scene. What's your story?
Tammy: I already told the police everything.
Ferro: Not good enough. Now state your story.

Tammy takes a second to look at Hondo, who nods at her. She then begins.

Tammy: We got confronted by Annie and a new male friend of hers. They shot at us first. Fernando shielded me and took his gun to fire back. In all the shooting, Annie gt away but Fernando might have hit her in the leg. That was all that happened.
Ferro: I see. Well, thanks to Fernando, Annie's male companion will be lucky to talk for the next couple of years, as he re-did the expensive dental work he had. 'As for Annie, we followed the blood trail for another bock, She must have gotten into a taxi or some other vehicle as it ends at the curb. No one by her description or wound has shown up at any of the city hospitals. Now explain him.
Tammy: Fernando?
Ferro: Yes. You know since he is registered in our records as dead- he cant receive medical services for one. And you are a widow- two.
Tammy (getting up and pointing at the bed): But He's Here! 'ALIVE!
Ferro: How can you prove that he is Fernando at all?
Tammy: Its HIM!
Ferro: Well, while we settle this, the hospital is going to DNA test him for us. Secondly, it might be best that a couple of Fratelloes guard you and your house.
Hondo: Wait a minute.
Ferro: You are in opposition to this?
Hondo: Tammy- we have Jeanie in the house, remember?
Tammy: Jeanie... OH!
Ferro: Who's Jeanie.
Tammy: Jeanie Chin- the multi-billionaire Asian Newspaper Publisher.

Ferro thinks about it for a moment.

Ferro: You mean, J-Chin?
Tammy: Yes.
Hondo: And she's as nosey as a starving bloodhound in a butcher store.
Ferro: We'll deal with her. But tell me, why is she here in the first place?
Tammy: She is a friend of Fernando, and she flew us all here in her private jet.
Ferro: Her private jet, you mean the Flying Panda?
Tammy: There was a panda face on the tail of the plane, if that is what you mean.
Ferro: He is friends with one of the most powerful women on the planet and he is willing to marry you?
Tammy: HE LOVES ME AS I LOVE HIM!
Ferro: Well, only you thing you have over her is that you're a squirrel and she's a mouse. Unless you must be that good in bed, the cross-mating issue should not have been a problem.
Hondo: Hey, lady. Tammy said they were friends. Lets leave the sexual relations where they don't belong.
Ferro: You tell me, Hondo. If you were friends with the richest woman on Earth, wouldn't you try to get into bed with her?
Hondo: As a friend- no. Friendships go beyond money and sex. Now if I was dating her, that would be another issue, but I'm telling you, that Asian mouse is no good for no one!
Ferro: No good for no one? You need to explain that one to me.
Hondo: She's too rich for her own good. She thinks she can solve problems with a load of cash, and that has corrupted her. She thinks she can buy access and power. And in that she is too ugly for the likes of me.
Ferro: I see. Tammy, I'll see you later at the safe house.

Ferro turns around to walk away. Hondo calls to her.

Hondo: Ferro...

Ferro stops and turns for the moment.

Hondo: There is a set of keys at the security booth. Its for the fancy limo I left in the parking lot. Since you going to the safe house, you can drive it there and return its owner: Jeanie.
Ferro (turns away and starts walking out the room): I'll send it back, but I wont drive it, I'll have it towed.

Hondo nods. After a moment of silence, he asks Tammy a question.

Hondo: Tammy, where's Fernando's ride?
Tammy: Huh?
Hondo: His Porsche?
Tammy: Oh, Its safely parked in the shopping district.
Hondo: Best to get it over here; there is no parking after the store closes.
Tammy: but I don't want to leave him.
Hondo: Then just give me the keys, I'll bring the Porsche over here.

Tammy takes to her purse and takes out her copy of the keys to hand over to him. He takes them and starts to head out to the door. For a second he pauses and turns towards Tammy.

Hondo: Tammy, do me a favor and call that Asian Mouse friend of his and tell her that her car is being returned, and that I would not have taken it if it were not an emergency. But don't tell her what happened to her friend.

Tammy nods at him as she goes back into the purse and takes to her cellphone. Hondo steps out into the hallway and makes his way out of the hospital. He takes a taxi to the shopping district. Giving the taxi driver a healthy tip, 'Mac- Don't smoke cigars...', he steps out of the car and looks around. He starts an overlapping search pattern to find the Porsche. After a 1/2 hour of searching, he finds the car. Tammy's keys fit, and allowed access. He drives the Porsche back to the hospital parking lot. In a couple of minutes he was back in the room with Tammy. Marco was there with her.

Marco gets up and extends his hand.

Marco (waiting for Hondo to take his hand and shake it): Hondo, how are things.

Hondo hesitates to take his hand but reluctantly does so, but it does not mean that he wont give a proper grip.

Hondo: You see what's going on.
Marco (ending the handshake): Tell, how can that be Fernando... I saw him dead at the wedding and later on with the buried at the funeral.
Hondo: I already explained it to Ferro. Go ask her for the details.
Marco: I know, she stated that it was a body double agent. But Body Doubles have not been used since the 1980s.
Hondo: They are still being used today.
Marco: Tell me, were you part of this fire fight?
Hondo: No, wish I were though. Anyone shooting at me would be caught by one of my revolver rounds.
Marco: I see.
Hondo: Don't get me wrong. With one more person in the fight, me, the damage would not have been so extensive on our end.
Marco: To my understanding, Fernando took them both down but one managed to escape.
Hondo: That's the problem with pocket guns. Not enough power to put somebody down when need too.
Marco: When we find the second one, we'll take her down. I can guarantee that.
Hondo: Not before I catch her first.
Marco: Calling this a race then?
Hondo: Yes I am.
Marco: Then you're on.

Both men laugh for a second. Marco's cellphone rings and he answers it. After a few seconds, he puts away the cellphone.

Marco: Apparently there is an Asian mouse at the hideout cursing you out of all of existence.
Hondo: I had to barrow her car without permission.
Marco: She's more angry on you not taking her over here.
Hondo: You going there?
Marco: In a bit.
Hondo: Then tell her to get the place ready for a crowd and a 1 week long social event, and to have dinner ready by 6pm.
Marco: Alright. I'll tell her that. More importantly, when are you coming over?
Hondo: I'll be wherever Fernando is. Right now that is here.
Marco: And you, Tammy?
Tammy: I'm not leaving his side.
Marco: Alright. I'll see you guy next time when I return.
Hondo: See ya's.

Marco leaves the room. Hondo takes a seat and leans back on its rear legs.

Six hours had past when a female squirrel walks into the room wearing a lab coat and glasses. Both Tammy and Hondo fell asleep in their seats, though Hondo slept lightly and was awaken by her entrance. He partially gets up from his chair and puts his hand on his holster.

Hondo (almost shouting): Who are you, and why are you here?!!

The female in the lab coat slowly turns around to reveal herself.

Hondo (in a calmer tone): Aiesha?
Aiesha: Who were you expecting, the cookie monster?
Hondo: No. We were not expecting you to much later.
Aiesha: Anyways, I'm here and I got work to do.

Aiesha goes over to her father and undoes the tape from his mouth. Then, with a fight to get it out, she removes the air hoses that they had put in. The tape from his nose is removed last. She puts her black bag on the bed, opening it up and taking out a set of blister-packed pills from it. The pills seem to glow on their own, with an ever changing pattern of swirls against its silvery color. She takes one out and puts it into Fernando's mouth. He swallows it. For a moment nothing.

To the naked eye, it seemed that nothing was going. But a spectrometer set to various imperceptible frequencies shows a whole host of activity going on. Aiesha takes out a portable medical scanner and checks its readings. Then she takes a seat by the bed and waits.

Hondo: What's going on?
Aiesha: Nothing really. I just accelerated his healing factor by 1200%.
Hondo: What?
Aiesha: That pill I gave him was an infused bio energy pill. It will crank up the cells in his body to repair the damage done, days instead of weeks, minutes instead of days... He should be fine in the next 1/2 hour.
Hondo: Can that pill be given to anyone?
Aiesha: No. Each pill must be made for that person. So this set I have here is for him, and only him. But if you want to know, I have a few in my office with your name on them.

Hondo looks over to the sleeping Tammy, then back at Aiesha.

Hondo: Can I ask you a personal question involving your father?
Aiesha: It depends on the question and where you got your information.
Hondo: Fair enough. Is this, Fernando from the last mission? Tammy told me over the phone about the shoot out that he told her he was not a replacement Fernando but the original. And as the original person, he was not fully healed from the shooting that had killed him, which is why he got injured more then usual on this round.
Aiesha: I see. To be honest, I cant tell you. I only go by what information is given to me. If he has something to say about that, he'll tell you himself.
Hondo: So, you don't know yourself for sure..?
Aiesha: Consider that this body has went through some strange things to never age again, and that there are an infinite numbers of one's self floating through time, he could be the original or he could be the next in line. There is no test to find out what is true or not other than his memories, for as I understand it, each one of him is a copy of himself through time. So how can you test that?
Hondo: I would not personally know.
Aeisha: Alright, so lets wait for the pill to do its job.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #33 - Jul 14th, 2010, 11:35pm

As time passes, Fernando's breathing improves. So does his appearance, as he no longer looks like a stressed out rat lost in a maze. The pill also started to burn out the hard tranquilizers used to keep him calm and still for the procedure done to him to connect him to the respirator. After a while, Dr. Aiesha gets up and undoes the IV connections to her father's arm, where she puts a band aid in its place. She then wakes up Tammy, who protests but a good slap to the back of her head got her up and going. The she steps up to Fernando, taking his hand in the process. She gives it a good slap to wake him up, but he also protests.

Aiesha: Alright, that's normal.

She slowly leans to him an whispers in his ear.

Aiesha: Daddy... time to wake up.
Fernando (protesting in his sleep): I don't want to wake up.
Aiesha (yelling as loud as she could): I SAID ITS TIME TO WAKE UP!!!

Fernando sat up, almost knocking down Aiesha if she did not get out of the way. He turns to her as if he wanted to kill her...

Fernando: What the #$@! was that for?!! I was trying to sleep!
Aiesha: That's all and good daddy, but you're healed now. I gave you one of your bio-energy pills to speed up the process. How do you feel?
Fernando: How long have I been here?
Tammy (trying to get in front of Aiesha): Since this morning, dear...
Aiesha: Tammy! What Have I Told You About That!
Fernando: It OK, Aiesha...

He tries to shake off the feeling of waking up from his head. Then he looks at himself in a hospital gown.

Fernando: No, its OK. I need some coffee. And where are my clothes?
Aiesha: Do you remember how you got here?
Fernando: Get me some coffee and I'll remember everything. Now where are my clothes?

Hondo looks at Tammy, and then Aiesha.

Fernando: Look, Aiesha, you're the doctor. Now go find and get me my personal items! Hondo- Go to the hospital cafeteria and get me some coffee! And be quick about- both of yous!

They both leave to get the requested items. Tammy steps over to get closer to Fernando as the door closes behind those who had left.

Tammy: You remember how you got here?
Fernando: Yes, I remember. Saving your ass is getting to be very expensive. Hope you know that.
Tammy (on the verge to tears): Why do you say that?!!
Fernando: They identified you, so they tested you. You failed to react properly and I had to back you up.
Tammy: Then what would have been the proper way to react?
Fernando: Stiffen up that shoulder and let them have it in their gut like a football player. Seriously Tammy, this is no joke now. After I get my clothes and coffee, we are going to pay Annie's new boyfriend a visit.
Tammy: But, his room is surrounded by police!
Fernando: And you have an SWA ID Card and I have my CIA Card, and we are going to question that rat bastard and he's going to give answers one way or another.
Tammy (nervously): You're not going to torture him, are you?
Fernando: He and his little friend tried to kill us both. I'm just doing to do to him what he was expected to do to us. You understand what I'm telling you?

Tammy bows her head and nods.

Fernando: Good. Now stop being a little chicken shit and give me your cellphone. Call Marco for me.
Tammy: Marco? Why?
Fernando: The two of us is not going to be able to win a gun fight with just one gun shared between us.
Tammy: Is that all?
Fernando: Maybe you should bring Bink along too.
Tammy: Bink? No, she'll stay at the cafˇ where she wont kill anymore.
Fernando: Alright, have it your way.

Tammy does not answer. Fernando looks about his bed. Once finding the controls, he sets the bed to an upright seated position. He then manages to lower the side rails down before going to inside his hospital gown and takes off the life monitoring connections. As he does, he tells Tammy to turn off the machines. For a second the alarms go off, but are quickly silenced by the monitors being turned off. Though still in a gown, he hops off the bed and runs to the bathroom. Inside, he takes off the diaper they had put on him and shoves it into the dirty clothes hamper. Reorienting the hospital gown to that it opens from the front, Fernando ties the gown's belt in front of him as he steps out of the bathroom.

A nurse walks into the room to check on Fernando, sees him standing up, reaching into the top 1/2 of his gown to remove the soft Velcro cast they had put on him. He gives her a stern look and tells her to leave. She does so screaming. Fernando steps out into the hall, and sees a couple of Fratello agents by the door.

Fernando: No one come in here except the two that left. I don't care who they are- cops, security, doctors- nobody but those two who will be returning with a few things.

They nod at him and step to block the doorway as he steps back into the room.

Fernando walks up to Tammy, opening his gown.

Fernando: I'm going to need help with this...

Tammy could only look at him for a moment.

Tammy: How about closing your gown first?
Fernando: What for, we're married. Remember?
Tammy: Yeah, but, what if somebody walks in?
Fernando: I don't care! Just get over here and help me get this thing off my chest!

Tammy complies. Fernando opens up the gown and points at Velcro seams which he had started to pull from. After a few minutes of trying, they get it off hi, literally layer by layer. They both sit on the bed out of breathe with the soft cast on the floor.

Hondo and Aiesha return at the same time to see Fernando and Tammy in the bed out of breathe.

Aiesha: Oh no, they didn't.
Hondo: I'm sure there's an explanation to this...
Fernando (pointing to the unwrapped soft cast on the floor): There is- we had to get that damn thing off me!

They both look at the unraveled soft cast.

Aiesha: You could have waited for s to return.
Fernando: Just give me my clothes.

Aiesha tosses the clothes on the bed, and he starts putting them on. After putting on the underwear and pants, Fernando signals to Hondo to give him the coffee. He drinks the coffee as fast as possible, then goes back to putting on his clothes. Once fully dressed again, Fernando hops off the bed, checking his pockets for various items, finding them empty.

Fernando: Where's my other personal belongings?

Aiesha waves a large plastic envelope.

Aiesha: You should have asked.

Fernando takes the plastic bag and starts to pocket the various items into their place on them.

Fernando: Lets go pay a rat a visit...

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #34 - Jul 15th, 2010, 12:34pm

OOC: sorry, short post. Not sure where your goin' at the moment. also on lunch break an' almost out of time :BIC

Hondo said little all the while. Fernando was obviously a lot better, but how much he wasn't sure. He made a mental note to ask Aiesha later, if she was still around. Hondo was not sure about those voodoo pills she had given Fernando, but it obviously did him some good. He was glad that they had some in store for him if needs be. Hondo had been shot before, more than once an' it was never a good experience.

Hondo leaned against the wall by the door as Fernando got ready.

Fernando: Lets go Pay a rat a visit...
Hondo: You mean the rat that shot at ya, Jefe? Does he have enough face left to talk with?
Fernando: We will make sure he makes it enough.
Hondo(noddin' in the direction of Tammy an' Aiesha): Should they be comin' along or will they get in the way of gettin the info we need?
Fernando: They won't get in the way.
Hondo: we'll see 'bout that.  

Hondo reached into his vest an' pulled out a Colt Anaconda Double action revolver an' an ammo wallet that help 24 more rounds

Hondo: better take this until ya can get another gun. Might need it. she's loaded with hydroshock.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #35 - Jul 16th, 2010, 1:55am

Fernando puts away the gun in his suit pocket.

Fernando: Thanks.

He leads them into the room, and looks down the hall. Only one other room had guards by is door. He walks right up to the door. The police block the door. Fernando tells Tammy to show off her SWA ID as well as he show his. After some discussion, they allow them to go through. Fernando leads the way to the bed, taking the clip board from the end of the bed. He reads it, putting it back on the bed where it was. The culprit was handcuffed to the bed, much of his face, head and neck bandaged. The left side of his mouth was stuffed with gauze.

Fernando: Carmine Gattuccio...

Fernando walks to the side of bed to meet Carmine face to face. The others stand nearby. He leans over to Carmine. He talks to him in Italian.

Fernando: Tsk. Tsk. Tsk... (giving Carmine a slap to the face where he was injured) Carmine, my favorite idiot. You caused me a lot of pain. Yes, you and your girlfriend caused a whole lot of pain. Understand where I'm coming from?

Fernando steps over to the heart monitor and presses the power button to turn it off. He pulls the power outlet from behind. He walks up to to Carmine, showing off the power plug with an evil grin. Fernando reaches over and rips his gown, before ripping the wires from the heart monitor machine and shows them off next to the power plug.

Fernando: Carmine, I'm going ask questions, and you are going to answer them.

Carmine shakes his head.

Fernando: No? Listen you #$@!ing scumbag, I can make this a nice day for you or I can make this a living hell for you! Which one you decide depends on how much you like to live or die!

Carmine raises his handcuffed hand and shows off the middle finger. Fernando bites off the ends from the heart monitoring wires, and strips some of the plastic to expose some of the metal wire inside. He starts to shove one of the wires into the power cord end.

Fernando: You're a rat Carmine, you should be singing your snitching ass off giving me what I what to know.

Carmine continues to keep his middle finger raised.

Fernando: Have it your way...

Fernando shoves the second wire into the power plug. It gives off a loud pop, followed by Carmine arching against his bed and screaming. Fernando smiles a smirk at Carmine as he writhes on the bed. Aiesha yells at Fernando to end it, but he ignores it. Fernando pulls out the wire as soon as he could smell fur beginning to burn. Carmine falls onto the bed, breathing heavily.

Fernando: Now are you going to be cooperative?

Carmine, despite panting for air, once again gives the middle finger. Fernando reaches in the gown and rips the heart monitor patches from his chest. Carmine thought it was over but then Fernando reaches under his gown and reapplies the patches to his gonads. Carmine begins to look at him nervously.

Fernando: You are going to be cooperative?

Carmine nods his head. Fernando plugs the wire back in for a second, watching Carmine jump off the bed, howling in pain.

Fernando: Nothing you could say will make me stop.

Fernando plugs the wire back into the plug. Carmine jumps up off the bed and screams inhuman howls of desperation. Fernando walks away from the bed, taking Tammy by the hand and leads her to the door.

Aiesha: This Must End!
Fernando: Undo the wires and you can go look for a new place to live.
Aiesha: THIS IS TORTURE!
Fernando: You better consider that he and his girlfriend tried to kill me.
Aiesha: But I thought you wanted information!
Fernando: Information? Hell no. Anyone who tries to kill me will have had signed their own death certificates with my name as their cause of death. You got that?!!

Aiesha drops her jaw at his statement.

Fernando: Lets go, Aeisha. NOW!

Eventually, Aiesha walks out of the room. Tammy follows, then Fernando and Hondo comes out last. The police can hear Carmine screaming and were about to go in but Fernando stands in their way at the door.

Fernando: Do not go in until after he stops screaming... Capeesh?!!

The police officers nods and the door gets closed. The 4 of them slowly walk out of the hospital and stand at the parking lot.

Hondo: You think what you done was a bit too much?
Fernando: I just did the world a favor by having that bastard not to be able to have no more children for now on. And the next time he sees any one of us, he is going to grab his cinderized testicles and run the other way. Furthermore, if he tells his friends about us, they will be scared too. So you tell me, on top of trying to kill me, was I a bit too much?

Hondo shakes his head.

Fernando: Good. Now lets go hone.
Hondo: To the hideout?
Fernando: No. Lets set up base at the Roma Hilton. There should be a free agents room there we can use.

The 4 of them walk to the Porsche an get in. Fernando drives away to the Roma Hilton.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #36 - Jul 16th, 2010, 5:02pm

OOC: another short post. got to leave work soon. nit much time an' once again not sure where the story is goin' at the moment:BIC

Hondo didn't say much, actually no one said much after they got in the car. Aiesha was fumin' he could see. As for Tammy, Well, Hondo couldn't read her at the moment. She almost seemed indifferent. Hondo, himself was not one for torture, usually, especially that kind, but he could understand it. there were instances he had to use means to get info he didn't like. Also there was a time he'd have skun a certain drug dealer an' a couple of goons over a shootin' of someone he cared about just for the fun of it. He still had bad days that left him in the mood to do the same if he were to see any of them again. Hondo broke the silence after a few miles.

Hondo: Fernando, How long are we gonna be here? If it's a few days we may need some stuff from the safe house, but I'm not all too keen on yur wealthy Asian friends, Jeanie, findin' out where we are at or whats goin' on at the moment.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #37 - Jul 16th, 2010, 8:48pm

With the Porsche in the hotel garage and the 4 of them in the room, Fernando calls a private meeting. He takes the single seats in the room and arranges them in a circle. Everyone takes a seat for the meeting begin.

Fernando: Now that we are here, I have to say, Thank you to all of you.
Hondo: No problemo jefe.

Fernando had to turn his eyes towards Hondo.

Fernando: Anyways... Even though this was a close call, its not going to happen again.
Hondo: What do you propose, Boss?
Fernando: Hondo, cut it with the Boss thing, please. Now, what we need is some intell. Period. Annie's out there, and though I used to know her pattern of living, she probably has changed them. Now Aiesha- you are going home.
Aiesha: Why?
Fernando: Don't force me to use the Trans World Fairy Express on you. Your job is done here and I do not need you clamoring about ethics and morals on idiots who do not care about your bushy tail. In fact, if they knew you were my daughter, like Tammy, you would be their target slated for termination. You got what I'm telling you?
Aiesha: Yes father.
Fernando: Good. Now you are getting on the next flight home.
Aiesha just looks at him.
Fernando: Hondo, Remember those laptops?
Hondo: Got them in my room. Lets hope the EMP device did not damaged them.
Fernando: The house is more or less protected from any EMP device up to a MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs), but anything outside of the house is prime target. Anyways, get those laptops together into a cybernetic Intelligence and scour the banks and credit card companies for Annie's transactions and spending pattern with some software I'll give you later.
Hondo: Alright, I'll set that up.
Fernando: Tammy, like before, you stay at my side and don't leave it.

Tammy nods.

Fernando: Good. For now, lets go. Aiesha, you're being dropped off at the airport. Then the rest of us go to the safe house.

In several minutes, everyone gather their belongings and go back to the Porsche. They drive off to the airport and drop off Aiesha first. Then they had back to the safe house, where Jeanie and the members of the SWA were waiting for them.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #38 - Jul 16th, 2010, 9:51pm

Hondo had sat in the back seat to allow Tammy to be up front with Fernando. Hondo noticed that she was strangely quiet still. Hondo, himself has had times where he said almost nothin' to anyone but himself for days on end, but for Tammy to say nothin' after all that has just happened made him wonder what was goin' on in her mind. He hoped it was a few thoughts that would renew her strength.

As soon as they pulled in Hondo made himself scarce as he was sure that Jeanie would have a few choice words for him if she didn't try to kill him first. Hondo was pretty sure he could get her first if she tried to take him out, but he really didn't want to shoot any of Fernando's friends even if they were annoyin', party 'cause Fernando was a trusted friend of his, one of the few, an' also 'cause Fernando was in a bit of a mood after gettin' shot, which Hondo didn't blame him for but seein' what he did to the rat at the hospital reminded Hondo that Fernando's bad side was not one he ever wanted to be on. Hondo wondered if that rat had stopped screamin' yet. Fernando's methods were of no doubt effective, but Hondo would have preferred beatin' the livin' $h!t out of the rat with his bare hands, shootin', or hangin' him as opposed to the electro-castration treatment. He himself had castrated a guy usin' his pistols, but he had attempted to rape a young teen from a local ranch. Painful but quick.

Hondo looked around carefully before makin' a move to the house from the garage where he currently surveyed his surroundings. The SWA was already there an' Hondo knew Fernando would be busy with them for a while an' would let him know what was goin' on. Hondo wanted to know, but he figured it would only stad to start a fight with Jeanie at the moment.

Hondo managed to get to his room an' secure the laptops an' anythin' else he had in his room. 'he moved his stuff to the truck an' the computer's to the basement. 'He took them to a bench that had many other computer parts by it in the hidden part of the basement. Out of the parts he built a high speed server to connect the laptops together, then with a couple parts laptops he built a remote access computer to control this station even away from the safe house. he powered it from an axillary line that never went down for the security equipment. Hondo was alright with computers, but he wasn't the Best. Fernando was far better than he was but Fernando had other things on his mind. He wished he could help his friend out more, but Fernando wasn't one to let others help easily. Hondo knew he was one of the few Fernando trusted to help out on missions as Hondo stayed out of the way when he wasn't needed, an' he didn't bug Fernando to death over small details of which Fernando didn't wish to give out.

It took Hondo several hours to complete this, most of it was software installations. durin' long installations Hondo worked on his truck in the upper garage. by evenin' he had the truck runnin' great, the remote laptop communicatin' excellently with the server, an' the laptops functionin' as one unit, suprisin'ly. All he had to do was get one piece of software from Fernando.  

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2010, 12:11pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #39 - Jul 18th, 2010, 12:13pm

Hondo fired up his truck to take it for a quick spin. The diesel engine roared to life quickly an' throbbed with a low growlin' sound. Hondo had rerouted the exhaust into true dual stacks that came up beside the bed right behind the cab. The engine was bored out to have 500 hp with almost 900 ft lbs of torque. The engine ran special dual turbos, which boosted the horse power output to almost 900 hp, an' almost no electronics. The engine was mechanically tuned, fueled, etc. thus it was now EMP proof. The truck looked good. It was a 1978 ford f-350 4x4 dually, long bed 4 door with captains chairs an' center console in the front. She was black with a dark grey/silver stripe down the side panels, roll bar behind the cab with KC trail lights on it, brush guard on the front with a winch set back into the brush guard, windshield visor with runnin' lights, wheel to wheel runnin' boards, spare fuel tank in the bed with a built in tool box, air horns on the roof. No chrome was seen on it. she was blacked out, even to the tinted windows. the only other color was the dark grey/silver. Even the lights, of which it had many runnin' lights besides its standard lights, all were tinted as well an' all individually controlled in the cab to make the tuck nearly invisible in the night if it needed to be. Hondo had run straight pipes on it to make it seen an' heard as well as peak performance, but he had found two y-flow douglas electronic exhaust valves in the basement as well an' used them to route off to two extreme quiet mufflers for quiet runnin'. To finish it off the truck sat up on special narrow 35" tires, mounted on black, 8 lug 16" rims.

Hondo grinned as he wound up the truck a bit. He had rigged exhaust flames as well an' look out as he wound up the engines RPM's an' it the flame button. He really hadn't smiled as of recent. This was probably the first time in weeks that he could remember a smile comin' to his face. He hopped in the truck an' drove down the drive. The truck was an impressive sight, 'specially 'round there as this type of rig just wasn't seen in Rome. Hondo squealed the tires as he left the property an' took off down the road. It was relaxin' for him as he slammed gears on the special 6 speed manual tranny he had put in the truck long ago.  

All the tension built up from recent events seemed to drift away as Hondo went down the road. He looked around at the world around him, but he somehow missed the convertible mustang that had started followin' him since he left the safe house.

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2012, 11:47am by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15