Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Apr 27th, 2024, 4:03pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 
GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times. (Read 75786 times)
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
Reply #140 - Oct 12th, 2014, 12:16am

The thugs all looked at each other than at Hector.

Hector: This is a bit of a setback.  I did not expect him this soon.

Thug #1: Who in hell found us here?

Thug #3: It's that cowboy bastard! I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!  

Before any of the others could react thug #3 ran out the door. A few muffled shots were heard either farther down the tunnel or outside the manhole as he ran out the door. The echoes in the tunnels made their location indiscernible, but they didn't have time to ponder long on them as gunfire erupted in the tunnel just milliseconds later.  Three quick shots were heard followed by a delayed fourth then after some indiscernible talk a fifth shot was heard.

Hector shook his head: What a waste.

Thug #2: Maybe he got the cowboy?

Hector looked at the thug with an air of disgust in his look.

Hector: You really are a moron. He killed me once. Your friend did not have a chance.  

Hondo heard the thug yell out and saw him sprint out the door, drawing his 9mm out of his should holster as he ran at Hondo. Hondo blinked an' squinted to bring his tired, sore eyes into focus in the dark as he drew and fired. Even injured Hondo’s hand flashed to his gun and brought it up so fast it almost appeared to materialize in his hand. Due to his condition the first two shots he fanned off were low, but the third slug caught the thug in the chest. The thugs legs buckled and he slumped down against the wall of the tunnel, his gun going off sending its slug harmlessly into the floor. Hondo walked up to the thug, who was coughing up blood as he sagged against the wall. The thug spoke through the coughing and foamed blood around his mouth.

Thug: You killed my brother, you bastard! The boss won't let you live. *cough Hack Wheeze* He'll make that bitch of yours his sex slave and make you watch her ride him as you die! heh heh hehe *Hack cough cough, Wheeze* You will never win.  

Hondo raised his revolver to the thugs head and cocked the hammer.

Hondo: #$@! you.

With that Hondo shot the thug in the head then calmly shucked the spent casings from his revolver and replace them with new rounds. After the revolver was reloaded he holstered it. Hondo limped a few paces forward and though in pain and exhausted he didn't feel either of them at the moment. All he felt was hate, hate of the one that threatened those he cared about. He had but one thought on his mind, "kill El Grande".

The room where Hector Hatfield (AKA El Jefe Grande) and his five remaining thugs stood was an old sealed up basement. They had been waiting for their escape ride to get them but the manhole cover where they were to exit was in the tunnel. To get to their planned exit they would have to go through Hondo Sackett. This worried the thugs greatly, but Hector was barely fazed.

Thug #6: What are we going to do! We can't escape with him out there!!  

Thug #4: should have made sure he was dead earlier.

Thug #1: We have to make a move NOW!

Hector: Just have some faith in me and a little patience.

Thug #2: No, we have waited too long we need to kill this John Wayne want to be bastard now and get the hell out of here!

Hector: Fine. Do as you all please but the result of your actions will be on our own heads.

About that time the voice sounded again from the tunnel.

Hondo: Come out an' face me like men, or do I hafta go in an' flush y'all out like the rats ya are!

Thug #4: So you can shoot us as we come out? We are not that stupid!

Hondo: Come out guns holstered an' we'll have us a fair fight, or y'all can send your boss out in which case I might not kill all y'all. Whatever y'all decide ya'd better make up yur minds quick like. I’m a might pissed off an' won't wait all day.

The thugs looked at Hector who sat calmly in a chair and dismissed that thought right away.
With a look at the door and a nod they holstered their weapons, though their hands hovered near them still.

Thug #6: We are coming out!

Hondo: Do it then.

The thugs piled into the tunnel ready for anything, but were surprised to find only a bloody, beat up, and tired cowboy with his head hung down and arms dangling loosely at his sides with pistols holstered. They stared for a few seconds then started to chuckle.

Hondo: What's the joke?

Thug #4: You are.

Hondo: Oh?

Thug #2: You are the stupidest bastard I have ever seen.

Hondo: Why?

Thug #2: You are injured and tired.  

Thug #4: There are five of us and one of you. We have semi-auto pistols and you carry old, slow revolvers. Do you want to die?

Hondo: No.

Thug #1: Then what do you hope to accomplish by this? What is your plan?

Hondo lifted his head enough for his eyes to show under the brim of his hat, He stood like that, solemnly, for a moment then grinned. This unsettled the thugs a bit, but they were sure since it was five against one and he was so beat up that how could they not beat him?

Hondo: To kill all you rat bastards.

Thug #6: #$@! you, you white-trash hick!

Hondo: I don't think so. Draw varmints!

The thugs were stunned for a moment at the defiance of the cowboy. He looked like death walking, but yet there he was threatening them! What seemed like hours were but a mere few seconds before the first one of the thugs snapped out of his stunned state. Angered at the defiance this American the thug grabbed at his gun but before he could pull iron he felt a blow as if a sledge-hammer had just hit him in the throat. To his comrades surprise he fell to the ground wih half his throat gone, gurgling his last few seconds of life away. The cowboy stood with a smoking gun in his hand. Hondo had meant to shoot him in the chest but his injuries were taking a toll on his aim. Being snapped back to reality the other thugs went for their guns without a second thought. Hondo shot the first of the last 4 through the heart then shot at the second one and hit the gun in his hand, sending it flying and leaving the thug clutching his injured hand. The other two scrambled back towards the manhole and pushed it up together, being so hyped up on adrenaline as they were. The one Hondo shot the gun out of his hand took off after them but Hondo managed to blow the thugs knee out with the next shot. The thug screamed and fell against a wall. Two quick gunshots sounded from above the manhole and the two thugs that thought they had made an escape fell dead back into the tunnel, a bullet hole in both their heads. The last thug whimpered as he then cried out as Hondo reloaded his revolver and slowly walked towards him

Thug: I surrender! I surrender! For God's sake, Don't shoot me!

Hondo stopped and stared at the whimpering thug for a moment then he holstered his pistol and started to turn away, as he did he pulled his bowie knife from his belt and turned back to the thug, throwing the knife deftly into the thugs chest. The thug crumpled to the floor dying as Hondo walked up to him. Hondo yanked the knife from the thugs body.

Hondo: Wish granted.

Thug gasped: You killed me!

Hondo: you asked me not to shoot ya. Ya didn't say nothin' 'bout stayin' alive.

The sound of clapping came from the doorway of the room up ahead. Hondo looked up to see his arch nemesis standing there with a grin as he clapped.

Hector: What a performance. Well done.

Hondo (snidely): I aim to please.

Hector: Oh I am pleased, I am indeed. You have gotten much more ruthless since we last met. There was a time when you would have spared that rats life, all of them in fact, in hope the system would rehabilitate them. I take pride in believing I helped you become the vicious, heartless killer you have become.

Hondo: You may have pushed me to it but . . .

Hector: But what? It is for a good cause? To save those you care about? That is a load of bull-shit, and you know it. You just tell yourself that to cover up your guilt.

Hondo: This isn't about me. I've overheard your plans you sick, twisted bastard.

Hector: As far as I see it my way is far more humane.  

Hondo: Humane?

Hector: Yes. You "save" her from me and she falls for you then you drag her around on these missions of yours you will either get her killed or at the very least make her life be filled with guilt until her heart is as black as yours and mine. She will then loose her soul. Is that what you want?

Hondo: And your way is somehow better?

Hector: Yes, of course it is.

Hondo: How so?

Hector: When I turn her and that bitch of your bosses into my slaves they will feel no guilt as they will have no will of their own. Their hearts will not be filled with hate as they will feel nothing. Their souls will be saved as their action will be mine, not theirs.

Hondo: Laurie was hateful, evil, and soulless. You turned her into a monster!

Hector: That is true. She was one of the early experiments. My superiors were happy with her, but I regret what I turned her into. She was too beautiful for me to kill but she was dangerous and unpredictable.  

Hondo: So you sent her to me so I had to kill my wife?!

Hector: She hasn't been your wife since that day in Mexico. I mourn her passing. She was the most beautiful killing machine.

Hondo: You are more sick and twisted than I thought.

Hector: And you are an angel? I think not. But let us stop this idle talk. Let us get down to, how would you say it, “the rat killing"?

Hondo:  Killing you is at the top of my agenda

Hondo grabbed iron and with a swift movement brought up his revolver and fanned off 6 shot into El Jefe Grande. Hector jerked with every shot but remained fairly composed. Hondo knew it would not be that easy but he had to rile him up. Hector looked down disgusted at his shredded shirt.

Hector: What a horrible waste of a genuine silk shirt. Did you really think it would be that easy?

Hondo: No, but conversation dried up.

Hector: I should kill you now in a horribly painful way, but I will make you an offer. Come and work for me. I will give you the choice between either letting that little tart of your go free or turning her into a perfectly obedient servant for you. She will kill who you say, make sweet love to you the way you want, and never bitch or complain. She will be the perfect wife.

Hondo: What about the others?

Hector: The CIA Spook and his whore? He will die and she will be my slave.

Hondo: No deal.

Hector: I was afraid you would say that. What a waste. Oh well, Mengele will be happy to have your body as well, after I kill you slowly, of course.

Hondo: Mengele?  Joseph Mengele? He's your boss??

Hector: Mengele’s clone, of course. The real Mengele died about 35 years ago. But, no he is not my boss. We just work under the same organization. He does love exceptional specimens to experiment on. Who knows, maybe he will outfit you with a computer brain and turn you into a great assassin too.

Hondo: Don't get your hopes up. I took you out once; I can do it again.

Hector: I doubt it. And your compatriot on the surface will be of little help to you of that I can assure you.

Hondo: I have no clue who is up there. My friends think I'm dead.

Hector: You are dead, or soon will be. And it is your friend, that would be super spy Fernando G. He for some reason hasn't given up on you. Be sure of this your friendship with him is the main reason he will die too.

Hondo: You talk too much.

Hondo cross drew his other revolver and shot at Hector's side and feet with another fanned volley. Hondo's sight was still bleary and his hand not so steady, but practice and muscle memory paid off. He managed to tear up Hectors boots and side arm

Hector: You worthless shit! Those were my best handmade boot! That gun was specially made and given to me by Sadam Hussain!! I WAS in a good mood and just going to kill you slowly then your friend, but now I am going to physically beat the every living piss out of you first!

Hondo didn't even answer back he just launched into Hector, but Hector grabbed him by the shirt and launched him down the tunnel and into a wall. The blow took Hondo's breath away momentarily and reminded him that he was already quite severely injured. This wasn't helping matters. Hondo knew he had to act and act quickly. His only hope was that Hector was angry enough to want to toy with him, cause him more pain. If Hector got tired of hurting him he knew Hector could kill him with one blow. He knew his only hope was the derringer with the depleted uranium rounds in it. He would have to get close enough to him, though as he only had two shots worth and in his current condition, along with the lesser accuracy of the short barreled derringer he had no chance at a long or even medium distant shot. Hondo coughed and gasped as his breath started to come back to him.

Hondo: *cough wheeze* That yur best shot? *wheeze*

Hector: "Dying" for more, are we?

Hector grabbed him by the shirt again and lifted him up off the ground. Hondo grabbed the derringer out of his boot. Unfortunately Hondo was moving a bit too slow though and Hector saw the derringer. Hector batted it out of Hondo's hand and threw him against the opposite wall. Hondo’s side hit the wall this time, driving the wood chunks he still had stuck in him farther in and it started his leg into bleeding worse.  In desperation he crawled towards the derringer which was about 15 feet away. Before he could get there however Hector had made his way over to him and kicked him in the face flipping Hondo over onto his back. Hondo fought to keep conscious but his vision kept fading on him. He shook his head, which made it hurt all the worse. He could taste fresh blood on his face. He tried to sit up but as he did Hector yanked him to his feet and slammed him against the wall. Hondo leaned there panting for a moment as he stared at Hector with eyes full of hate.

Hector: Give it up, Sackett. You will never win. You were born to fail. You have failed your friends, two fiancees, a wife, your family, and yourself. You, Hondo Israel Sackett, are the epitome of failure.  Can you not at least die honorably?

Hondo: All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothin’.

Hector: And you are “good men”? I seriously doubt that.

Hondo: Maybe I ain’t good men, but sometimes it takes a bad man to take out the worse men.

Hector: Heroic notions, but you will just be dead and I will not only survive but I with thrive!

Hondo: Not if I can help it.

Hondo dove at the derringer but Hector was too fast for him. Hector kicked Hondo in the gut and Hondo hit the ground short of the derringer.  

Hector: You think that little pop-gun is going to hurt me? You are more dim-witted than I thought.

Hondo slowly stood up still bent over a bit. He stood there wheezing and panting for air.

Hector laughed evilly: Ha ha ha! This is almost too easy!  

With all him might Hondo punched Hector in the stomach.  It surprised Hector more than hurt him but it made him angry again. This was what Hondo wanted. Hondo took the opportunity to pummel Hector. Hondo knuckles were hurting like hell. It was like hitting slightly padded steel. Hondo realized how far Hector had gone. He was more machine than man.  Hector regained his wits and grabbed Hondo’s left arm as Hondo tried to swing. Hector wrenched Hondo's arm to spin him around then kicked him in the back. That send Hondo into a tripping run that ended up with him face first on the floor again. Hondo rolled over just in time to have Hectors boot just miss stomping on his head. Hondo rolled again to miss Hector’s second attempt at cracking his skull open. This time Hondo rolled onto one knee and spun to meet Hector. Hector grabbed him by the throat and lifted Hondo off the ground.

Hector: I tire of your antics! I think I shall kill you now and be done with it!!

Out of desperation, Hondo took a chance on one part of Hector still being man and kneed him in the groin. Hector flung Hondo backwards and grabbed hold of his sore genitals. As his eyes crossed and the air left his lungs Hector hit is knees. Hondo scrambled to his feet as he knew he was out of time. Hondo ran at Hector who only managed to bat Hondo away and behind him, right where Hondo wanted to go as the derringer was behind Hector. As Hondo hit the ground in a belly slid, he grabbed the derringer with his left hand and rolled over onto his side to try to get to his feet. Hector had mostly recovered by this time though and he stumbled over to Hondo and grabbed him by his right arm and lifted him off the floor. Hondo groaned in pain as Hector lifted him up. As he dangled helplessly a few inches off the ground in Hectors left hand, Hector beat Hondo with his right fist causing Hondo to drop the derringer.  

Hector: YOU STUPID, WEAK, VILE LITTLE MAN! YOU DARE THINK YOU CAN BEST ME!! NO ONE BESTS ME! YOU WILL CALL ME MASTER BEFORE YOU DIE OR I WILL BRING YOU BACK SO YOU CAN WATCH ME EAT THAT SLUT OF A GIRLFRIEND OF YOURS HEART AFTER I RIP IT FROM HER BODY WITH MY BARE HANDS WHILE MY HENCHMEN RAPE HER CORPSE!!!!

Hondo thought for a moment that it was over, but he would get one last break. Hector stopped beating Hondo for a moment and dropped him to the ground. When Hondo fell he grabbed the derringer carefully.

Hector: Had enough yet, you little prick!

Hondo spit at him in reply. Hector bent over so they were face to face the grabbed Hondo by the throat lifting him off the ground.

Hector: You just do not know when to give up and die, do you?

Hondo snarled: #$@! you

Hondo lifted his right hand and cocked the derringer.

Hector (smiling): Your little toys do not scare me! Fire away so you can know without a doubt you could never win then I shall kill you!

Hondo fired into Hector’s chest. Hectors smile slowly disappeared into a look of confusion. He dropped Hondo who fell to the floor gasping and choking for air. Hector looked down to see red blossoming on his shit. His mind reeled as his body started to overcome the shock and realize he had been shot.

Hector: No . . . It cannot be . . . its IMPOSSIBLE!

Hondo stood up shakily and limped over to where his hat had long fallen off his head. He put it back on gingerly, slowly stood back up straight and then turned to El Jefe Grande.

Hondo: Depleted uranium rounds, They will melt through about anythin’ ‘cept adamantium, I reckon.

Hector: But . . . I cannot lose . .  you are NOTHING!! NOTHING!!! I . . . *gasp* .  . . I . . . *gasp*

Hondo: You are nothin’ but an evil, low level scum demon. While I have done my share of damage; I am an avengin’ angel, a deliverer of retribution. For your crimes against humanity I have been sent to serve you the judge’s verdict. It reads, “Go to hell”.

Hondo lifted the derringer one more time.

Hector yelled out in fear, pain, and anger: NOOoooooo!!!!

But it did not good. Hondo squeezed off the shot which sent the DU slug through Hectors head without blinking. Hondo wasn’t sure what was louder, the sound of the shot or the silence that followed.  Hondo didn’t lower the little gun until hectors body had hit the ground and lie there for several seconds. Hondo stood there blinking for a moment.  Hector was dead but it was far from over. Those that financed Hector's cyborg rebuild and his drug empire were still out there funding other monsters like El Jefe Grande and Mengele's clone, but they would have to wait for another day. Hondo turned and walked to the ladder that lead to the manhole cover. He didn’t have the strength to lift it, but that didn’t even cross his mind. The adrenalin was receding from his system which left him in great pain, shaky, and totally exhausted. His mind was too tired to think above the pain. He sunk to his knees in sheer exhaustion. All he wanted was rest and to hold Valentine in his arms. A nagging thought hung in his subconscious, a departing gift from Hector: Would being with Valentine ruin her? Was he destroying her by allowing her to be with him? Was he that evil that he did not deserve someone to love? Would loving her ultimately destroy her heart and soul?  This he would ponder on later, which was unfortunate. Even the strong have chinks in their armor and Hector had hit one.

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2014, 12:13am by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #141 - Dec 10th, 2014, 2:37pm

Silence hung around long and hard like the smell of the last week's bad lasagna in the trash alleys behind Italy's most expensive restaurants. Another ten minute had past until the manhole cover begins to move as is if on it's own as Fernando stared at it from behind the van. He was ready to draw his guns out if needed but had to keep a causal look about himself as to not draw attention to himself. The manhole cover slides off its hole and a dirty trench coat covered arm props itself for support against the cobble stone and asphalt of the street, soon joined by another. It is immediately followed by a raggedity and dirt covered Stetson hat and the blonde eye-glasses wearing head with it. They both look at each other for the moment.

"Ain't ya gonna help me?" Hondo asks of his friend.

"Nope. You're supposed  to be dead, and I can't help the dead." Fernando tells him before reaching out an arm to him.

Hondo takes his arm and pulls himself up onto the street, trying to push the manhole cover into the hole but has trouble. Fernando steps to his side and slides the manhole cover into the hole with little effort.

"What brings ya here?" Hondo finally asks as the manhole falls into place.

"I figured that if your friend brought some back up you would need back up too." Fernando points to the van a few feet away.

Hondo walks to the van and looks inside through what few windows it had, finding dead bodies inside it. He nods at Fernando's little handiwork.

"The women folk alright?", Hondo asked.

"Yes. You got him?" Fernando asks.

"You mean El Jefe Grande?" Hondo asks and then answers, "I did."

"Then do me one favor." Fernando tells him.

"What's that?" Hondo asks.

"Stop second guessing what you did and why you're doing. Assholes like him will tell you the right words to make you second guess everything you are doing – past, present and future. In order to save themselves they will use the devil's tongue on you in order to make you do what they want you do and ruin you mentally if you don't. Remember the Devil is the prince of lies, he would say anything to get things his way, like I know he did you." Fernando tells him.

"How'd you know..." Hondo begins to say, before Fernando interrupts him.

"I could say my hearing is better than most, but I've been through it more times than I would dare admit to count." Fernando interrupts him. After a second's pause, he continues, "Hondo. What we do is an archangel's job, defending the world from the evils that dare try to take or destroy it. Archangels are not beautiful creatures literature makes them out to be, they are rather ugly, worn out, scarred beaten and wretched bodies of the protectors they are. But they do the job without hesitation or second thought. They do or die trying. Just like you, just like me. So #$@! what he had told you, #$@! the thoughts he had set into motion inside your head, and #$@! that you think you are doing wrong. You did right with what you got, and you will continue to do right for yourself, for Valentine, for everyone."

"I'm guessin' you're right." Hondo says barely loud enough to be heard.

"I know I'm right. So let's go, I got the Porsche waiting over there and you need to be patched up." Fernando tells him before walk to his car.

"You mind slowing down?" Hondo complains out loud.

"You will have plenty of time resting as my passenger until we get home. Right now we need to get out of here fast before that van brings in a lot of attention. I don't want to be here answering questions all day." Fernando says before getting into his Porsche.

It takes Hondo an extra minute to get his tired beaten body in to Fernando's Porsche. They left just in time as the SWA and Italy's finest gathers around the van and finds the bodies inside. They find the weapons, wench and the hole in the van's floor. It is the wench and the hole in the van's floor that made them open the manhole and go inside, finding the bodies,  Hondo's handiwork, that were left behind.

Fernando takes his time getting home, handing Hondo a couple of high nutrient packaged food bars to get his strength up. It gives him the energy to start healing. Along the way, Fernando calls Jeanie and tells her to tell the others to leave them alone when they got there.  

The Women had been alternately sitting and pacing as they waited for news or them men to return. As Jeanie's Phone rang Valentine hopped up off the couch and limped over to where Jeanie sat.

Jeanie (on the phone): Yes? yes. .  . .mmhm . . . Understand.

Valentine: Was that them? Is Hondo alive?! Whats going on?!?!

Tammy: Settle down!  

Valentine (quietly): Sorry. I'm just so worried about him.

Tammy: We know. We are too.

Jeanie: It was Fernando. Hondo is alive. He is injured but not seriously. Mostly just tired and sore. He went through hell,though today. Fernando did not elaborate but his voice said enough.

Tammy: Any thing else?

Jeanie: Yes. He wants for them to be left alone when they get here.

Valentine: Why? I want to see Hondo when he gets back. He's hurt and he needs me.

Jeanie: No. He needs time.

Valentine: I was shot and I killed bad guys too and I am fine.

Tammy: You shot his ex wife, he was worried about you, and he had to face an old enemy that brought back old feelings and new ones I'm sure.

Valentine: I guess, but I just don't totally understand. Why would he want to be alone.

Tammy: I am new at a lot of this too and don't understand much of it too, but I am learning. Jeanie, you have been at this longer. Can you try to explain more to her?

Jeanie grabbed Valentine's hand and pulled her down onto the couch.

Jeanie: Understanding men is not too complicated but the job You man and Fernando do is very complicated. Let me try to explain to you what they go through, how you can help, and how to know when they are ready for your hep or need to be left alone.

Jeanie, Tammy, and Valentine talked until the sound of Fernando's car was heard at which time they made themselves scarce.

After getting the wood chunks pulled out of his side, a few of the larger holes patched, a long shower, a small lunch-like meal and time to rest and heal, Fernando finds Hondo sitting up on the roof.

"Forgotten what I told you?" Fernando says loud enough to be heard as he approached him.

"Forgotten what?" Hondo asks.

"Not to let what he told you get to you." Fernando reminds him.

"He could not keep his trap shut. Confessin' and admittin' things to me like I was part of his plans. Furthermore, he mentioned you as well." Hondo tells him.

"Unless he's giving me the winning numbers to next week mega million lottery, I don't frankly care as to what he had to say." Fernando tells him, pausing for a second, "Look. In doing the work I do, I am a wanted man by many. Some want me to work for them, most want me dead. Personally, I do not care about all of them. All I care about is doing the right things who need help. Right now that is getting Bink and Tammy together, and that job is almost done. There are a lot of lose strings to deal with and that is what I'm doing. You are with me because you want to help and I accept that. But, there are too many distractions and too many personal things getting in the way. That's normal. You took care of what's his face, I took care of Anne."

The loud clanging of a ladder can be heard being put to the side of the roof. Hondo and Fernando figure it's the girls coming up to bother them as they typically do. The patter of their feet is heard approaching them. And plates of food is put in front of them.

"There's more dinner downstairs." Tammy says to  Fernando as he takes his plate.

"I'll be down later." Fernando tells her.

"Make it soon. The SWA will be here soon to ask questions." Tammy tells him.

"I'll be down later." Fernando tells her again.

"Hondo?" Valentine calls to him.

"I'll be down later when he goes down." Hondo says to her.

"but . .", Valentine started to question.

"Later!", Hondo said sternly.

"Alright..." Valentine says quietly.

Together the girls leave them and a minute later the ladder is removed from the roof.

"Meatloaf, corn on the cob, collar greens, mashed potatoes, an', mac an' cheese?" Hondo realizes what is on his plate.

"Eat up. Jeanie and her cook can do anything but I doubt they did it." Fernando tells him, adding after the first bite, "I know Tammy's cooking anywhere, and this looks like she had help from your little friend."

"But..." Hondo tries to say.

"No Buts. Just enjoy. And understand this – the second best thing a woman can give a man is sex. The first best is a good home cooked meal. Now that Valentine is willing to feed your skinny ass..." Fernando begins to tell him.

"Now wait a minute!" Hondo lets out.

"Shut up and enjoy, Hondo. If Valentine is willing to do this much for you, she's willing to do more. So enjoy what she got you." Fernando says to him as he points to his plate.

"I guess you're right." Hondo replies before taking a bite from his plate.

For a while they eat.  

"Fernando, Something that Hector said got me worried." Hondo pauses his meal.

"I said to not listen to what he said that makes you second guess everything." Fernando tells him.

"No, it's not that." Hondo begins.

"Then what is it?" Fernando asks.

"Hector said that Joseph Menegele is involved an' they both work for the same boss." Hondo lets out.

"Menegele, Hitler, and The Boys From Brazil have been a thorn on the CIA's butt long before I was born, Hondo. As long as they stay in South America, I do not care. Only when they leave the continent and cause problems for others, I'll take action and that depends on the problems they cause. Until then I got a life to live and somebody to love. You should do the same thing." Fernando tells him.

"I see. You're not going to take action." Hondo says to him self.

"I'm not taking action because there is no action to take. Besides, Menegele's experiments advanced medical science to what it is today. But that is besides the point. The point is I'm not going to their corner of the world to start problems with them unless they had caused problems for us. And for arresting them for Nazi War Crimes, that is not allowable under the law as they were not part of that history. Josef Menegele died in '75. May his rotting bones fertilize the land it is buried under and his soul burn in hell. Got that?" Fernando tells him.

"I got it." Hondo replies.

"Now eat up. I intend to go for seconds and thirds when our visitors arrive." Fernando says to him.

« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2015, 9:17pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #142 - Jan 30th, 2015, 9:23pm

Fernando walks down to the kitchen with the empty plate and glass in his hands. He notices that Marco, Jose, and Hillshire were already in the livingroom with their girls. Both Marco and Hillshire get up from their seat and follow Fernando to the kitchen entry way, stopping there as Fernando puts away his plate, glass and utensils in the dishwasher. He takes a nearby glass and fills it with water.

“Tammy, I want you ladies upstairs and not involved with what needs to be said here. And go get Hondo here.” Fernando tells him.

“As a SWA agent, Tammy needs to be here.” Marco tells Fernando.

Fernando just turns to face Marco for a moment, not saying a word verbally, but saying enough to bite his head off. Hondo walks around from the staircase, seeing the visitors already there. Fernando signals Hondo to give him his plate and things and to have at seat at the table.

“Tammy, take the ladies upstairs, Jeanie, your staff goes with you.” Fernando tells them.

They do not argue, just do as they are told. Once the upstairs doors are heard closing, Fernando turns on the dishwasher and leans on the service island, pointing to the chairs of the large dining table that was there. Jose takes the seat across from Hondo. Hillshire soon follows behind him, taking the seat next to him. Fernando walks out of the kitchen, needing to step around Marco and takes his seat at the head of the table. Marco eventually takes his seat next to Hillshire.

“I assume that this is a typical debriefing.” Fernando points out to the SWA men.

“Debriefing is for involved agency staff only.” Marco points out.

“According to Chief Lorenzo and Director Petris, I’m an outside consultant for the SWA, as is the members of my group.” Fernando points out. He then takes out his cellphone and slides it to Marco, “Care to verify that? They are on speed dial.”

Marco looks at the cellphone before sliding it back to Fernando, “That won’t be necessary.”

“Good.” Fernando says as he takes back this cellphone and pockets it, “Now what is your need of my time and attention? Chief Lorenzo knows he will get our reports within the next 48 hours.”

“We need details as to what happened, when, where and why. Hondo here should be floating down the river, not sitting here with us.” Marco points out.

Fernando signals to Hondo not to say a word before stating, “Hillshire can verify this – both the US and Mexico have been having border squirmishes on and off again since the 1840s, much like Hamas has with Israel along the Israeli/Lebebon border. In that both Mexico and Hamas have dug mile-long tunnels that goes under the defenses that were put up by the US and Israel – respectfully.”

“Enough with the history lesson, what does that have to do with anything?” Marco asks.

“There was a tunnel from the warehouse and the docks leading to a manhole in the streets a few blocks away. Knowing that the streets in the area would be empty because of the raid, I went there and found a van with a few of the enemy inside. I confronted them and had to eliminate them. But in inspecting the van, I found that it had a hole in its floor with a wench over it. The wench removed the manhole the van was over. In hearing a gun battle inside the manhole tunnel, I replaced the manhole cover and move the van by putting it neutral and pushing it out of the way. Twenty minutes later, Hondo came crawling out of the manhole and I helped him out. He took care those inside the tunnel including El Jefe Grande.” Fernando explains.

“Is this true?” Marco asks Hondo.

Hondo just nods his head.

“Who is this El Jefe Grande and what is his connection to the case?” Marco asks.

“El Jefe Grande is one of South America’s biggest Drug Lords. He was trying to infiltrate the European drug market using Italy as a distribuation port. If he would have been sucessul he would have been one of the richest and most powerful men in the world. And the crap he was going to fill the streets of Italy with would have made the mad days of New York’s Crack Days look like a sunny day in the park. That was a CIA Sanctioned job, with help from the SWA to do get this case done one way or another. El Jefe Grande was wanted, Dead or Alive, preferably beaten to a bloody pulp of nervous quivering and babbling mass of man meat. And believe, if I would have gotten him alive, he would be nothing more than that. But Hondo needed to defend himself, and defend himself he did. I need the SWA to do a global news release of this capture and death of El Jefe Grande and his men at the hands of the CIA and the SWA complete with pictures of his rotting corpse within the next 48 hours. Think Ferro can handle that?” Fernando explains and asks.

“I’ll talk to the chief about that.” Jose says before Marco could say a word.

“Good. Hondo, tell them what these men need to know, as long as it does ot break with our agency protocol.” Fernando tells him before he gets up and heads into the kitchen.

“Will do...” Hondo says, holding himself back from saying “boss.”

Marco turns to Hondo, “So what happened when the warehouse collapsed in the explosion?”

“Well, when the bombs exploded, I fell into a hole and found a tunnel. There were several doors in the tunnel, and I had to fight off El Jefe Grande’s men as I walked in the tunnel. Eventually I fought off El Jefe Grande when he resisted arrest.” Hondo explained.

“Where were you when you fell into this tunnel?” Marco asks.

“I was heading to the rear of the warehouse where I saw El Jefe Grande run though a door there, when the bombs went off and the floor gave way.” Hondo says tring to be as truthful as possible.

“You fell down into the tunnel, about how many meters did you fall?” Marco continues.

“Meters?” Hondo asks, trying to be dumb.

“Yards.” Fernando says as he sits down at his seat with a glass of iced coffee.

“About 20 or so yards, The floor give in on an incline so I did not fall straight down but slid down the distance.” Hondo says as he showed with his hand how the floor was slanted, and ran his finger showing the path of how he slid.

“That would explain why he is not so badly injured.” Hillshire says.

“Don’t let that fool you, I had to pull out some big splinters from his ass.” Fernando tells him. Hondo glances over to Fernando, which both nod at each other. Fernando continues, “His trench coat and bullet resistant vest saved him from being injured or even killed but they were damaged because of it. I can get them if you like to see them.”

“No, that wont be necessary.” Jose says.

“Anything else? A small meal for you and the girls perhaps?” Fernando asks.

“No, that won’t be necessary. We’ll be back later tonight with the others.” Marco says.

“I’ll get the girls to make a large dinner for everyone then. What time should we expect you all to come?” Fernando says and asks.

“Why you ask, leaving on us or something?” Marco asks.

“We’re low on supplies. Unless you get your girls to bring in the food, we need to do some food shopping.” Fernando tells him, adding, “And I thought Jean was the paranoid one.”

“Hmph.” Marco replies to himself, adding, “Lets go. Angie – to my side now.”

“Coming Marco!” Angie says as she trots over to him.

“Don’t worry about the door, we’ll get it later.” Fernando says as he sips his ice coffee.

In a couple of minutes the men from the SWA and their cyborgs leave the house.

The Fernando and Hondo look at each other for a while before Hondo speaks up.

“Why you cut me off like that?” Hondo asks.

“You should only give what they ask, nothing more. Do not tell them about Mengele or of the others. To this this was some dumb south American Drug Lord trying to open a market for his goods here in Italy. Your input of the case is nothing more than working for me and my agency as muscle and gunslinger. No more.” Fernando tells him.

“I thought we were equals in this.” Hondo tries to say.

“We are. But in their eyes we can’t be. If they knew about your college education and your technical capabilities, they would want you to work for them, and that you and I do not want. Let them think you’re some country bumkin with little education and you will always be ahead of them. Let them think that your shoot out with the El Jefe was professional, not personal. And tell them nothing of what intel you learned. Got that?” Fernando tells him.

“I got it, Boss.” Hondo says.

“I’m not your boss. Now, lets wind down, the mission is over as far as I am concerned. We just got a lot of typing of reports to do, bodies to bury and friends to say goodbye too, then we can go home.” Fernando explains.

“Speaking of home, I have to report to the SWA Compound in the morning.” Tammy says as she walks down the stairs with the others.

“So you need me to make dinner for how many people?” Jeanie asks.

“You do not have to do anything unless you are offering. Your staff knows how to make Italian dishes?” Fernando says and asks.

“They are not the best for nothing.” Jeanie says.

“Good. Take the Jaguar and your boys shopping. Cyborgs eat a lot for their small sizes so double up on everything. So I guess, including us, 30 or more people. Start with an Antipasta as an apettizer and a meat Ziti and Lasgnana with three cheeses and two meats – beef and pork. Then a rack of ribs with grilled vegetables and some Linguini on the side. Some dry Parmasian Cheese, Garlic Bread with Marinara – Pizza sauce in dippig bowls and several bottles of what excellent house wine you can find. And if you can add it, throw in about a couple dozen buffalo wings for us, plus what ever your staff wants.” Fernando tells her as he holds out his agency credit card to Jeanie.

“Don’t worry, I got it for you. And we’ll be taking the Rolls.” Jeanie tells him before calling the staff, “Boys, come. We got a lot of work to do.”

They leave the house and take the Rolls Royce to do some shopping.

“Hondo...” Fernando calls to him.

“Yeah, I’ll get on those reports now.” Hondo replies.

“That can wait. I need you to do an inventory, if you dropped any weapons at the site, note them. I know the SWA will comb through the place and pick up every piece metal that is not nailed down, including your guns. If you want them back, I need to know what they are so I can get them back for you. After that, have some alone time with Val and get ready for a debriefing dinner with the SWA Staff. Nothing fancy. Just be yourself.” Fernando tells him.

“Alright. And thanks, Jefe...” Hondo replies.

“Yeah. Thank me when I return your stuff for you.” Fernando tells him before turning to Tammy, “Tammy. Upstairs. Hondo, if you are going to be out here, make sure we are not to be disturbed.”

“Will do.” Hondo says as Tammy runs up the stairs.

“And Hondo...” Fernando begins.

“Yes?” Hondo asks.

“Thanks.” Fernando says as he begins the climb up the stairs.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #143 - Jul 24th, 2015, 12:57am

Hondo made up a quick list of his missing weapons and left it on the desk for Fernando.  He groaned as he tried to stretch out his sore, torn up body but stopped and winced at the pain.

Voice:  You are more hurt than Fernando told Marco and the others, aren’t ya?

Hondo turned enough to give her a sideways glance.

Hondo: I’ll feel better when I quit hurting. How ‘bout you?

Valentine limped down the stairs.

Valentine: The pain pills Tammy gave me are wearing off. If it wasn’t for Fernando’s glowing pill I’d probably always limp when it rains.

Hondo: Don’t be too surprised ifin ya do still limp.

She stepped up to him gingerly looking down as she approached him. She put her hand lightly, almost lovingly on his arm. She looked up into his face with big, concerned eyes.

Valentine: I’m not worried ‘bout me, but ‘bout you.

Hondo: I’ll heal. Been beat up before, an’ I got the pill too, ya know.

Valentine: That’s not what I meant. I . . . I just know I can never take away the pain of what you’ve been through an’ I know I can’t replace the women ya have loved an’ lost. I . . .

Hondo put a finger to her lips to stop her.

Hondo: Ya talk too much sometimes, ya know?
   Hondo put his arm around her pulled her tight against him, even though it hurt, and kissed her firmly. After the kiss he still held her and looked down at her face.

Hondo: Some things are mine to bear alone, an’ sometimes I just need to work things out on my own. Takes time to sort things out in my head. Don’t give up on me yet. I don’t expect ya to replace anyone or to take my burdens. All I ask is for as long as we are together just be there for me when I need someone to sit with me an’ hold me. I’ll try ta do the same for you. Just give me space, companionship, an’ understandin’. It’s all I can ask for an’ all I truly want. In return I offer the same. It’s not much but it’s more than most have.

Valentine: I understand. It is enough for me. I can’t promise I will always know when you need me or want to be alone, though.

Hondo: I won’t know for you either. Let me know an’ I’ll do my best to let you know.

Valentine: That should work. How do you feel right now?

Hondo: I need some quiet to think.

Valentine: Understand. You want me to let you be?

Hondo: No, sit with me. I really need to sit down. My side is killin’ me!
   Hondo and Valentine limped together over to the couch and sat down. Hondo leaned against an armrest and Val curled up beside him, laying her head on his chest. Hondo put his arm lightly around her.

Valentine: If you need to sleep go ahead. I will wake you up if anything’ happens.

Hondo:  No, just need time to think an’ sit.

Hondo sat back and closed his eyes. He hurt worse and was more tired than he would admit, but his mind was too busy on other thoughts for him to even realize how bad he did ache and how worn out he was. Even so he’d push on through the pain as usual when needed to, but for now what Hector had said ran through his mind. He drifted off to sleep on the living room couch with Valentine beside him. Unfortunately it wouldn’t be a peaceful sleep as the evens of the day replayed as a dream. It wasn’t just the grizzly nature of what happened that would plague his sleep for months to come but the news that there was someone worse than Hector running others like him or worse and of the thoughts of what could have happened to those he cares about had he failed to destroy Hector.

Valentine’s thoughts ran through what she had been through and her own what if’s had Hondo failed. Losing him would have ruined her and she knew it. She didn’t realize just how much she had fallen for this beat up, out of place, gun slinging cowboy until today. She said a short pray as she sat there thinking. She thanked God they were still alive and begged him to lift Hondo’s burdens and lessen the demons of past memories that plagued his mind. She knew he always felt inadequate, like he had failed in life. She only wished to show him he was so much more than he could see. But for now she lent comfort in the only way she knew how, her physical presence, the comfort of her against him. She felt so helpless but couldn’t fathom how much she really was helping him. She had saved him from a dark place within himself, much darker than even the dreams that plagued him now, though she would never know the depths from which she had saved him. For now the room was quiet. The only sounds where those of their own breathing and the ticking of a clock on the wall, but inside their heads rang the noise of a thousand cannons firing, for there is no rest for the weary, nor peace for the soldier at war.

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15