Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 10th, 2024, 3:06am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times. (Read 75997 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
Reply #120 - Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:57am

Arriving in the bedroom, Fernando finds Tammy already asleep. He quietly prepares himself to go to bed and carefully climbs on it as to not disturb her. Once under the covers, he lays backs and stares at the ceiling. Tammy grabs his arm and snuggles up against him while in her sleep.

It takes more than an hour for him to sleep.

He wakes up at a quarter to 4. Getting out of bed was a bit of a problem, but he managed to switch a pillow in place of his arm Tammy was holding on to.

Fernando gets dressed after a quick shower, putting on his Hugo Boss suit with Maximum Ballistic Protection, along with his bullet resistant t-shirt and dress shirt, giving him a triple layer of protection to his center of mass, and double layers down his arms to his elbows.

Though he would prefer not too, but he gathers the clothing Tammy would need, including those upper layers lined with ballistic protection, giving her as much protection is as he has for himself. Chances are, as he thought, she would not accept what he had laid down for her.

4:30, the coffee maker was brewing a single cup and a small breakfast was made for himself. He had already wolfed it down in less then 10 minutes to energize him for the moment. A second meal will be made for all to eat.

Fernando goes into the back room to recheck on his work when done with the dishes. During this time he hears somebody in the kitchen but decides not to meet with them. Who ever it was, they were gone within an hour, more than enough time for him to check on his work one more time. Hearing who ever it was go up the stairs, Fernando leaves the room, carrying the bag with him to the table.  

Jeanie walks down the stairs with her driver/chef Fung. Fernando puts the bag in front of his chair and under the table, away from their view. Jeanie stops by the table as Fung makes his way to the kitchen area.

Jeanie: So what will it be today?

Fernando (turning to Fung at the kitchen before to Jeanie): Should be some steaks in the freezer. If not I’ll get some from the basement food storage. Make a Steak and Eggs breakfast with all the fixings: pancakes and coffee, hash-browns or home-fries potatoes and a serving of fruit. Include you crew in this meal, since they are going to be part of the hunt.

Fung drops a spatula on the stove as he placed a frying pan on a burner. Jeanie and Fernando turn to face him.

Jeanie: You heard him, check the freezer for the steaks, if not I’ll go down with Fernando to the basement and get more.

Fung nods before turn around and opens the freezer door. He pulls out several steaks but not enough for everyone. He turns around and holds up 4 fingers. Jeanie nods and takes Fernando by the arm.

Jeanie: We need more steaks.

Fernando (complains as he follows her): You mind not pulling?!!

With her in the lead, they make their way into the basement. Once in the basement, she lets him go, closing the door behind. He gives her a momentarily stern look before going to the back of the room where a large freezer was at. Several steaks and other assorted meats were placed on the work shelf by the freezer for Jeanie to take.

She stands there waiting for him to end his task. Fernando notices her standing behind him before closing the freezer and locking it behind the gate it was in.

Jeanie: Why is a freezer locked behind a gate?

Fernando: None your business, actually. But since you wont drop the subject until you get an answer, there are some high explosives in there that do well cold and undisturbed.

Jeanie: How much explosives?

Fernando: Enough to leave a smoldering crater large enough to the house, garage, swimming pool and much of the surrounding woodlands.

Jeanie: Why?

Fernando: Why, what?

Jeanie: Why that much explosives?

Fernando: The people I deal with, that’s why.

Jeanie: What happened to shooting them?

Fernando: Those people go beyond shooting them. Their property is contaminated with their deeds. Their friends and family are infected with their ideals, just waiting to fester into something worse than they were. You just can not kill one and think its going away.

Jeanie: Though unfair, I understand your point, having seen it happen first hand.

Fernando: Good. Now what was here stays here. I better not see it published anywhere… ever!

Jeanie: But…

Fernando: But nothing. I think Fung is waiting for those. So will the others when they wake up and breakfast is not ready because we are still arguing this point.

Jeanie (picking up the meats before leaving): I get your point already.

Fernando: Good. Now go ahead while I do a few things down here.

Jeanie: But…

Fernando: But nothing! Just do it!

Jeanie groans as she leaves the room with the meat that was gathered, taking them to her driver and chef, Fung. Fernando closes the door behind her, locking it from the inside. He then takes a seat inside the room by the workbench.

Jeanie puts the meats down on the service island as Fung started cooking a large meal for the crew. He had already the four steaks on the grill along with some bacon he had found in the freezer. The eggs would be cooked when the others came down, though other items were also being made at this time: hash-browns and home-fries potatoes. He was cooking all that he could find since he did not know what the others wanted.

In a few minutes Fernando walks out of the basement and back to his room, if for a moment to check on Tammy, who is still asleep.

Hondo on the other hand goes back downstairs to the kitchen, wondering what the smell of food in the air was about. Valentine was in the bathroom, showering up and getting ready for the day. He walks into the kitchen seeing Jeanie and her chef/driver already there making something. Fung looks at him as he turns over a steak.

Fung: What would you like sir?

Hondo turns to face him.

Hondo: Eh? I thought you were under some vow of silence.

Jeanie: He can talk when needed. And he needs an answer from you. Since Fernando said that we all are to have a big steak and egg breakfast with all the fixings, what would you like?

Hondo: Such a large breakfast would slow one down.

Jeanie: Only in the morning, but in the afternoon you would get a lot of energy from it. Since your battle will be in the afternoon, you would benefit from it.

Hondo: Just hand over 2 mugs and the coffee pot, I’ll take care of the rest.

Jeanie (sending two mugs to him): Hmph…

Then she takes the coffee pot off the coffee maker machine and puts it on the service island.

Jeanie (turning the handle towards his direction): Bring it back.

Hondo (placing the coffee pot on the dining table): I aint going nowhere with it.

He fills the two mugs with coffee and adds sugar and cream to one of them, just a bit of sugar in the other. He then takes  a small bottle of who knows what from his pocket and pours its content into the second cup. It does not go unnoticed.

Jeanie: Drugs are not the answer…

Hondo takes the coffee pot and puts it back on the service island, and puts the bottle he poured into one of the cups to her face.

Hondo: Its vanilla extract.

Jeanie: How do I know that was all in there? You could have replaced it with something else.

Hondo: Ask Fernando.

Jeanie: I will.

Hondo (as he heads back to the dining table): Good, do that.

He picks up his mug and takes a sip from it.

Fernando walks down the stairs and into the dining area, seeing Hondo sitting at the dining table.

Fernando (as he takes his seat at the table): Good morning, Hondo.

Hondo: Yeah. Good morning.

Valentine arrives a couple of minutes later. She walks to the dining table and sits by Hondo, who gives her the other mug of coffee.

Valentine: What’s for breakfast?

Hondo: A big Ihop meal: Steak and eggs with all the fixin’s.

Fernando: Complaining about the meal?

Hondo: Maybe, maybe not. Just sayin’ that it a tad too big, and its not our last meal. But since Jeanie explained it, lets eat.

Fernando: I see. Go on without me. There’s a certain squirrel that needs to be awaken.

Hondo: Hurry up, the grub might be all gone when you come back.

Fernando (getting up out of his seat): Eh…

Tammy enters the dining area as Fernando was stepping away from his seat. She was wrapped up in her robe. She walks to the table.

Tammy (as she takes her seat): What’s for breakfast?

Jeanie walks from around the service island with a serving cart, reaching from behind Fernando and putting a couple of plates in front of him, then fills his coffee mug. Tammy just gawks at the high fill plates of various breakfast items.

Hondo: That should answer your question.

Jeanie then puts a couple of plates in front of Hondo, followed by Valentine before setting up four other plate settings for her crew. Tammy complains about not being served.

Tammy: Hey! Don’t I get any?

Fernando: This is a breakfast meeting. You are served if you are dressed for it.

Tammy: About that. I choose my own clothes…

Fernando (interrupting her): The clothing I selected for everyone here is in some form bullet proof or bullet resistance. Now… I lead this mission, no one does what they want to do or what to wear unless you want to be shot up and left bleeding on the side of the road or to be picked up by the enemy and dumped into some garbage landfill. Now go and get dressed.

Tammy gets up and takes off her robe, leaving it on the floor and sits back in her chair, in her own blouse and denim skirt. Fernando was not pleased with it but nods to Jeanie to serve her some breakfast.

They ate in silence for most of their meal. Even Jeanie’s crew ate silently, but that is their practice in doing so.

With first round of food been served, Jeanie begins to serve the second round as Fernando pulls out the duffle bag from under the table, putting it on his lap. He open is and places one of the M1911’s on the table, holding up a spare magazine.

Fernando: You all know about the .45 automatic. In this case, I loaded them with Depleted Uranium rounds. You are to only use these guns and these rounds.

One of Jeanie’s body guards complains, putting his .50 caliber Desert Eagle on table next to the M1911. Fernando takes one of the Depleted Uranium rounds and rolls it to the guard.

Fernando: It does not matter if your gun shoots out a bigger bullet. We are going to deal with people who wont feel that when it hits them. They wont feel the Depleted Uranium round hitting them either, but they will when it explodes inside them.

The two body guards look at Jeanie, saying something in Cantonese. She nods at them before turning to Fernando.

Jeanie: They said, what is it that an explosive .45 round can do that a .50 round cant do?

Fernando: OK. Its time that all of you know what we are up against.

He pauses for a moment, turning his eyes to Hondo for a reaction. Seeing a slight nod from him, Fernando continues.

Fernando: Among other things, those we… I am facing are a group of cyborgs. Robotic-organic beings, reinforced with bullet resistant layers and metal or carbon fiber reinforced bones. Shooting them with a normal bullet, even with a FMJ Hollow Point, will do nothing as the bullet resistant lining stops it from further travel. Your .50 caliber bullets wont slow them down, I doubt they will even feel it. Only rounds from a high powered rifle or an explosive round will make them feel it, and stop them. As for Hondo’s targets, drugged up individuals to the point where they can not feel pain, only a shot to the head will terminate their chemical wracked brains from continuing its wicked bubbling reactions. They too need something to remind them that they are still flesh and blood. But that is not your job to engage them. Your job is to provide back up if anyone if them gets past Hondo and the group he is working with. You report to Jeanie first, and Hondo second. I do not expect you to be involved with clean up either Do I make myself clear?

Jeanie: Crystal.

Fernando: Good. Now, without further interruptions, lets finish our meal.

He cuts a some of his eggs and steak, taking a forkful into his mouth. He chews and swallows, then puts his fork down.

Fernando: One more thing…

The others turn to face him.

Fernando (continues): Hondo. When we leave, you go to the basement, and get the bullet proof trench coats, and give them to Jeanie and her crew, and put on the ones I left for you and Val… I don’t want any casualties.

Hondo (with a nod): Will do…

He keeps himself from saying ‘boss.’

Fernando (continues): Tammy. You are going to put on all that I have set for you, or I will shoot you myself to teach you a lesson on what it is to be shot, and then I will deal with those who hunt us down myself. Do I make myself clear?

Tammy does not answer. She then turns to Hondo as he speaks.

Hondo: You better listen to what your husband says. He goes alone and gets kill, you ‘re next on their list. And you will be no shape in  dealin’ with them if that happens.

Tammy (yelling): I Too Can Defend My Self!

The mechanical sound of a gun chambering a round is heard loudly by everyone, especially by Tammy, who’s ear the barrel was under.

Fernando: Knock it out of the way and another will replace it.

Tammy (yelling): THAT IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR WIFE!

Fernando: It will take one thousand years for your brain to recover from the injury…

Valentine: A thousand years? What is he talking about?

Hondo: Nothin’ that concerns you…

Fernando: You have not given it to her. For shame Hondo. She’s the only mortal in a room full of immortals. As for you, Tammy… I told you that as my wife, you are to do and say as I tell you. I am not going to have another wife killed on my watch.

Valentine: This is crazy talk!

Hondo: It is not, but first I hav’ta  ask… What you mean the only mortal in a room full of immortals?

Fernando: I gave Jeanie the pill long before I came to the café, in a happier time. It is not that she is my wife or lover, though Chinese Tradition says she owes me everything- mind, soul, and body but she tried to give me her heart. No… That could not happen but I gave her the pill, and several others for in case I would ever need her, she would be there for me. She is forever in debt to me for that and she pays the price when called for. Now Valentine like I said, you are the only mortal in a room full of immortals- Jeanie, her cook and driver - Fung, Body guard number 1 – Ng*, Body guard number 2 – Lee, my wife Tammy, your boyfriend – Hondo, and me, the one who started it all.

Valentine (shouting): IMPOSSIBLE! THE SOUL IS THE ONLY THING IMMORTAL AND I AM THROUGH IT BUT NOT THROUGH MY BODY!

Hondo: Its possible to make flesh immortal…

Fernando: It happens when one becomes a Time Traveler. Things happen, one learns. I have taken several to a starry night in Jerusalem to see a baby born to a Virgin mother. You know that when he died and shed his mortal coil, he did not want a church to grow from what he did. If anything, he just wanted others to follow in his foot steps and continue his deeds. But one cant be nice to others when others are trying their best to kill you. Remember that Tammy.

He puts away his gun and continues.

Fernando: Its not that we are immortal, we can die, we can be killed. But it takes so much effort to do so, I can say that many tried, no one succeeded. And like I said- a bullet to the brain will take 1000 years to heal, if given that time to do so. Its that with normal people and modern medicine, you are declared dead while your brain lives. They disconnect you from the life support machines and nature takes it course, the brain dies with so much damage and no blood flowing to it. But not with us. So Valentine, it don’t matter about you going church on me, I can take you back to a time to hear them and have them explained by the very lips that said it. To which, Tammy- know your place around me. Jeanie does and she is not even my wife, so understand that I don’t want a word said about this while we eat.

Valentine: If you are immortal, then why must you eat?

Fernando just scowls at her.

Fernando: The body does get hungry, and the pallet wants tastes. Thirst can become maddening, so the body must be satisfied. Immortality in this form has a price, and that price is living its life. Now no more!

Valentine (shouting): YOU CAN’T TALK THAT WAY TO ME! HONDO!!!

Fernando draws the gun from Tammy to her, followed by Hondo with his.

Fernando: Hondo. As fast as I am, I would dodge the bullet and you would hit Tammy. Second of all, next time check under the table and make sure there are not any guns pointed at you.

Hondo puts down his gun and puts a second on the table next to it, with Fernando following suit right after.

Fernando: I’m not your boss. I’m not your Jefe. I’m not your military superior officer. I’m nothing more than an acquaintance, and if not at times, a friend. But you have a lot to learn. A thousand years of learning, that we are here to do what has to be undone. Justice has to be served on either the shiniest gold trim silver platter or the filthiest unglazed clay pot. For those who killed, and keep killing, when life loses its meaning, and is taken for naught, then the pact calls for revenge. I got my targets to inflict justice on to, whether with Tammy beside me or not, I am doing it not only for her but for all of us. Remember that bomb on the airplane- it was meant for us. Remember where we would be if we were on that plane when it took off. And for you, your wife is no longer who she was. Don’t think that you can rescue her. Its like Angel Dust- once taken and you are forever damaged, twisted and possessed by the demon in the drug. You are no longer who or what you were, you are gone. Something evil has taken your place in your body. She dies, Le Grand Jefe dies, everyone associated with them dies. You just better succeed in walking out of your mission, carrying severed heads by their scalps because you are going to need them for those who dares replace them. The only difference between good and evil is that good does not force you to decide. I’m not forcing you to decide, I’m not making you to take action. That is for you to decide and do. You can get in your truck and drive back home as far as I care.

Hondo: I’m not walkin’ out on ya…

Fernando: I did not say that. But if you, and everyone else, are to stay and do their mission, I expect more than one hundred and fifty percent. I want them done with no damage or injury to us. And furthermore, what I say goes. Know your place and your mission objectives. No excuses. Act with integrity, and no regrets.  Now if you people don’t mind, I would like to finish breakfast.

Hondo: We’ll talk later then.

Fernando: We wont talk at all. Tammy has to get ready after breakfast and then we leave.

They stare at each other for a moment. Though Fernando breaks away first to eat his meal, Hondo lost because it was in a way being dismissed, and he does not like being dismissed.

The others begin to eat. It was an uneasy meal but everyone ate it. Eggs, pancakes and French toast; with ham, sausage and steak; coffee and juice filled the rest. Syrup, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard and other condiments add to the meal. Assorted fresh breads and muffins were options for anyone to take. Fernando finishes his meal first, taking his empty plate and coffee mug to the kitchen where he waters them down before putting them in to the dishwashing machine.

He leans against the machine with his arms crossed and look at the others. Hondo finishes his meal next, and like Fernando before him, takes his plate to rinse it off at the sink.

Holding his plate in front of him, he asks Fernando, “You mind letting me put this in there?”

“Put it in the sink for now.”, Fernando tells him.

Miffed, Hondo put the plate and other items into the sink. He looks at him and then at the others.

“What are you looking at?”, Hondo asks.

“Nothing.”, Fernando answers. He starts to walk away, “Let me know when the others are ready.”

Fernando walks out of the house through the rear door. He stands just a few steps from the door, on the asphalt area of the parking area where the vehicles were. He stands there with his arms crossed. Little time had past when the sound of three cars go up onto driveway.

Most of those in the vehicles enter through the front door, but two continue to walk down the driveway to the rear of the house. If Fernando wasn’t expecting them, he would have drawn his service weapon and shot them.

“Hello Marco, Angie.”, he says as they turn the corner without looking at them.

“Good morning to you too.”, Marco replies. “Why are you out here? Is Tammy ready?”

“I’m ready. I don’t care if she is or not. She has 5 minutes to be by my side, or I leave without her.”, Fernando tells him.

“Given that it may, but isn’t there a morning meeting for an afternoon-evening mission?”, Marco asks.

“That’s Hondo’s mission, which you should be part of.”, Fernando explains.

“No. I’m Tammy’s field supervisor, and I am to be where ever she is.”, Marco adds.

“Then let me tell you. Our mission is to take out Anne Rossellini, and anyone who might be employed her at the Coliseum Park, 10o’clock. I don’t like to be  late.”, Fernando says.

“Then Angie and I will be with you.”, Marco tells him.

“I forbid you to go.”, Fernando throws at him, adding, “This is a CIA Case.”

“Anything involving on Italian Soil, by foreign governments or personal directives, is a case that involves the SWA.”, Marco tells him sternly. “You either allow us to be part of it, or we force you into not going.”

“I would like to see you try, but to save face- mine and yours, we make a deal. Don’t interfere in what has to be done.”, Fernando tells him with a hint of anger.

“You make sure no innocents are killed.”, Marco returns.

“I can guarantee that all of my shots will hit their targets. But it anyone gets shot or killed from outside our group, it will be on them, not me.”, Fernando tells him.

“You are going to be responsible if they do…”, Marco warns but stops when Tammy steps out of the door.

Fernando looks at her as he takes advantage of Marco’s silence, “A police officer is not responsible for innocents shot in a shoot out if ballistics prove the bullets did not come from his gun.” He looks over Tammy, seeing she has put on the protected clothing he as put aside for her, “Everyone but I will be shooting 9mm bullets. I will be shooting .45 caliber. You find a .45 bullet inside an innocent, you can arrest me.”

“I can assure you, the pleasure will be mine.”, Marco tells him.

“Then lets go. We have a showdown to attend.”, Fernando tell him as he starts to walk to his Porsche.

He gets into his car first, with Tammy opening the door for herself but keeps the door open. Angie and Marco walks to the passenger side, seeing Tammy in the rear seat behind Fernando. Angie gets in and sits in the rear seat next to Tammy,  Marco puts the seat back and sits next to Fernando. The door closes shut as Fernando slowly drives out onto the driveway.

It does not take them long to get to the meeting place, behind the open area of the Coliseum. The place is strangely empty, tourist season being over for the past several weeks, there was no reason for anyone to be there other than passing by on the local street circle that surrounds it. Fernando parks the Porsche by the parking area usually reserved for concession stand vehicles.

The four of them step out of the car and stand about, looking outward to the large area in front of the ancient stadium. The place was empty for a few moments until several cars drive up on stop on the far end. Several goons step out of the vehicle, making an arc as they stand together facing Fernando and his little crew. After several seconds, Anne steps out of one of the cars passenger section and parts the line by the middle to walk through it. She takes many steps with the men behind her, until they were half way in the area. Fernando takes several steps away from his car, reaching behind him to move Tammy so she could be shielded by his body. All remains quiet for the moment.

“I see you brought back up.”, Anne yells across the distance.

“They are not back up. In fact, they are here to arrest me if this is taken to higher level of assault with a fire arm.”, Fernando yells back at her  

“Is that so?”, Anne asks, then signals to her men. The sounds of various fire arms from a simple revolver to a micro Uzi sub machine gun are readied . Fernando looks at them all through shifting his eyes from one end of the line to the other. Some 24 men stand behind her, two dozen in total from what it seems, armed with anything they can carry. Whether or not there were more in the vehicles, remains to be seen and continues as an unknown.

Fernando thinks to him self, ‘Two – seven shot 1911s in my pockets, 3 magazines each, and my two AA 1981/84s in the shoulder holsters with 16 rounds each. Over twenty of them.’ He begins to unbutton his trench coat, reducing its protection to his sides. But he still has 3 layers of protection under that.

Behind him Angie has her Styer machine gun ready, despite it being useless against cyborgs with its 5mm rounds, it should do well against flesh and blood. Marco can only have his Berretta ready, looking at the those in front of Fernando and Tammy. He curses his bad eyesight as it blurs those aiming at them.

“If they are here to arrest you, why are they armed and ready?!!”, Anne yells from across the distance.

“They do have the right to defend themselves.”, Fernando yells at Anne.

“They can go and come back to pick up your dead body!”, Anne yells at him.

“We Stay!”, Marco yells from behind.

“You Want To Die Too?!!”, Anne yells to him.

“You are all under arrest!”, Marco yells across the distance.

Anne laughs loudly to be heard.

“ENOUGH!”, Fernando yells at her.

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2012, 11:38pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #121 - Mar 21st, 2012, 11:35pm

Hondo signed in a frustrated manner as he leaned against the counter. He watched Fernando walk off with a half annoyed half pissed-off look. Inside him was another matter. He knew Fernando had, in his own crass way, handed him the baton of leadership.  It was not a good, proud feelin’ as some would say, but more of a sickenin’ feelin’ deep in his gut that tied his insides in knots. This feelin’ did not well up from a personal fear of what lie ahead but more of a worry for the lives of those he was to lead. For these lives depended on the competence of his decisions, the accurate swiftness of his gun, an’ the alertness of his mind.

He turned back to the sink without lookin’ at those at the table who were puttin’ their trust in him. He knew they were more or less puttin’ their trust in Fernando’s trust of him, except for Valentine, but it was all the same to him. No matter whom they trusted more if there was a loss of life it would be on him.  

As he stood at the sink he picked up his dishes out of it, rinsed them an’ added to the dishwasher before lookin’ at those who sat at the table.

Jeanie an’ her crew ate in silence, seemin’ undisturbed for the most part but they were seriously ponderin’ over the events to come.  

Tammy ate quickly with a worried look on her face. She was definitely feelin’ the stress of the mission an’ though she tried to understand she could not totally comprehend the weight that Fernando an’ Hondo bare on them nor understand how they dealt with these burdens.  Like any woman, Tammy’s mind was a jumble of thoughts on their reaction, the mission at hand, troubles past, an’ the future to come an’ it showed.

Valentine, the last of those that were still at the table sat hunched over her plate. She had been usin’ her fork to push around what food was left on her plate since Fernando had pointed his gun at her. She had lost her appetite, if she had one to begin with, an’ just felt more confused an’ lost than before. She wasn’t fallin’ apart per say, but she was visibly troubled. Hondo had noticed that she was tough when the task called for it, an’ she had seen enough in life to not be lost in all this. Her biggest problem was she had always had a protector. Even before she met Hondo she had one of her father’s friends lookin’ after her. She didn’t realize she was leavin’ protection until the day she was shot. Had Hondo not been there her life would have ended, but he did show up an’ once again she had a guardian. This guardian was different, though. She knew he would try to protect her, but he also expected her to take an active part in her own protection an’ that of the others there. Only now did the gravity of it all sink in. She was part of a team of protectors, justice seekers, an’ not a helpless girl who was bein’ protected. This was about her but not about her. It was bigger than her, an’ while it could help protect her it could be her end as well. This was not the endin’ to a problem but the beginnin’ to a life of solvin’ troubles. Her mind was too filled with all this to think straight. She wanted to talk to Hondo about it all but it was all new to her an’ she was not sure how he’d react in his present state. She pondered silently, waitin’ for the silence to be broken.

Hondo stood there studyin’ the group for a couple minutes until Tammy stood up quickly, left her dishes on the counter without rinsin’ them an’ took off up the stairs. Hondo mumbled under his breath as he takes care of her dishes.

Jeanie: We can take care of them later. Leave the dishes alone.

Hondo: We all have enough on our plates an’ I need everyone ta pull their own weight. Besides I’m just standin’ here at the moment. Y’all can clean up the rest of the breakfast stuff after out meetin’.

Jeanie: When will that be?

A car pulled into the drive at that moment.

Hondo: Well, ifin that is our SWA contingent we’ll have it here soon.

Valentine for the first time since the gun play lifted her head.

Valentine: Hondo?

Hondo: Later, Val.

Valentine: But we need to talk.

Hondo: After the meetin’.

Valentine: But . . .

Hondo: Valentine! I said AFTER the meetin’. We hafta take care of business first. There will be time after.

Valentine hung her head again an’ whispered an “ok”. Hondo felt bad for speakin’ so harshly at her, but they didn’t have time for this now. He needed her beside him at full alert an’ needed the others to trust him. Just then the front door opened.

Hillshire: We late for the meeting?

Hondo: We were just a waitin’ for y’all so we could start. Take a chair.

Hillshire: Good. Triela, sit down here.

Just as they sat down Tammy came hurryin’ down the stairs. In two quick steps Hondo came up to her an’ grabbed her arm lightly to stop her.

Hondo: Be careful an’ good luck.

Tammy (smiling): Thanks. You know Fernando. He’ll watch out for me.

Hondo: Just make sure he looks out for himself too.

Tammy: I will. Don’t worry. I won’t freeze up again.

Hondo: I hope not, but just the same, ifin y’all run into more than ya can handle call me. I know Fernando wouldn’t so I’m relyin’ on you ta do so, alright?

Tammy leaned over an’ gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

Tammy: Thank you. I will. And you all be careful too.

Hondo (grinned): I’m always careful.

Tammy:  And you have the scars to prove it. I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye, but you are our friend and you have helped my husband help me from the beginning. We don’t want to lose you. I know Fernando was hard on you this morning but he means well.  

Hondo: I understand why he was like that more than anyone, I believe, so ya don’t hafta explain. Just both of ya come back in one piece, eh?

Tammy: We will.

Hondo nodded an’ Tammy took off out the back door. He didn’t say “good bye” as he felt that ifin he didn’t things would turn out. He wasn’t superstitious but at the same time a good bye before a final show-down seemed a jinx on the whole setup.  

Hillshire: Where is she going and where’s Fernando?

Hondo: Tammy an’ Fernando have their own mission ta do. Weren’t ya told?

Hillshire: I was told, but I figured they’d be here for the meeting in the very least.

Hondo: It’s not Fernando’s way.

As he spoke the car in the driveway roared to life an’ pulled out. Hondo watched out the window as it pulled off.

Hondo: Looks like Marco an’ Angie are with them. I’m sure Fernando had a fit ‘bout that.

Hillshire: But Marco was supposed to be with us! I was told they would be two fratellos and the back-up crew!

Hondo: I really didn’t want any help from the SWA, but I’m stuck. So, ifin I’m stuck y’are too. Now, let’s get this meetin’ rollin’. We all have final preparations ta make, I’m sure.  Now, the SWA pizza van crew will be there, eh?

Hillshire: I will call to double check, but I was told it would be.

Hondo: An’ where will they be stationed?

Hillshire: They will be parked a block away but they will have 4 snipers, one for each side of the building. I will have communication with them but . . . (he hesitated)

Hondo: But what?

Hillshire: Well, since my Fratello is the only one that will be there I cannot risk us being up in the front as we are the only ones close enough to pull you out in case of emergency.

Hondo: So y’all will hang back ta keep yur own asses out of the line of fire so ya can report ta Fernando ifin we bite it?  

Hillshire: Something like that. We’ll take care of anyone that gets around you.  

Valentine: But I thought Fernando said you couldn’t . . . (Hondo cut her off abruptly)

Hondo: I know what Fernando said. Just leave it alone. We’ll talk about it later.

Hillshire: What did Fernando say?

Hondo: It has nothin’ ta do with the mission. It’s a personal matter that doesn’t need discussed at a mission meetin’.  Now, you have your own weapons and ammo or do you need any?

Hillshire: We have our gear. What will you be using for weapons?

Hondo: Special .45 rounds in 1911s.  

Hillshire: Will that be adequate?

Hondo: They are explosive penetratin’ rounds made to crack even the toughest armor.

Hillshire: I’d like to see those.

Hondo: After the mission talk to Fernando.

Jeanie: What about me and my men?

Hillshire: They will be there too?

Hondo: They are there for back-up only. I don’t trust your SWA to help us pull out ifin things go south. That’s what Jeanie an’ her men will do, though I hope ta not hafta use them. I want them a block away from the buildin’ on the opposite side to yur SWA van. Can ya contact them an’ let them know not ta fire on them?

Hillshire:  I’ll call after the meeting to finalize and update them.

Hondo: Good. Jeanie, I’ve still gotta git y’all the clothes Fernando promised, but is there anythin’ else y’all need or want before we go?

Jeanie: Do you have a map of the warehouse and where you want us?

Hondo: You should have one from last time ya played backup for us. It’s the same warehouse. Just git with Hillshire after he calls back ta his headquarters an’ find out which block y’all are ta be on. I’ll need ta know too in case we need ta git out fast. We’ll have communicators in case we need ta call ya, but unless we call ya there will be radio silence. Also, ifin one of yur men can get to somewhere high an’ use some field glasses ta watch. Ifin Valentine gits in trouble an’ I am not seen close enough ta aid then git in there an’ pull her out.

Jeanie: Alright. I will

Valentine: I’m stayin’ as long as yur in there!

Hondo: You’ll do as you’re told or stay here!

Jeanie: I will make sure she gets out if she gets in trouble, even if she does not want to.

Jeanie looked at Valentine an’ Valentine snarled quietly, but loud enough to be heard. Jeanie only smiled ever so slightly.

Hondo: We can only git through this by relyin’ on each other. Fernando put me in charge of this so ya do it my way or ya sit out. That goes for anyone of ya! I’m open ta suggestions but not rebellion! Is that understood?

Jeanie, her staff, Hillshire, an’ Triela shook their heads yes without any apparent reservation or bad attitude. Valentine scowled an’ would not make direct eye contact but reluctantly nodded yes after an uncomfortable, silent few seconds.

The meeting continued for another few minutes as details were discussed 'bout how they were gonna enter, an' what the back-up would be doin', though some of it depended on the SWA's positions. Hondo an' Hillshire did most of the talkin' with Jeanie addin' in from time to time, but Valentine said nothin' else durin' the rest of the meetin'. Once they were done most of the important stuff Hondo dealt out a few quick tasks to be done before zero hour.  

Hondo: Alright, Hillshire, you make yur call an’ get with Jeanie. Once y’all have positions figured out let me know so I can look over it for my knowledge. We leave at 3:00. That gives us 5.5 hours until we leave. Let’s make the best of them.

Everyone stood up an’ stretched. Jeanie’s men started clearin’ the table, Hillshire moved to the livin’room as he dialed his cell phone an’ Valentine turned an’ walked away towards the stairs.

Hondo: Valentine! Basement now! We hafta talk.

Valentine turned an’ walked towards the basement with Hondo on her tail. She didn’t stomp or pout but she was obviously miffed.

Once in the basement she turned ‘round an’ opened her mouth to yell at Hondo but he covered her mouth before she could utter even a syllable. Hondo spoke immediately in a quiet but stern tone.

Hondo: Don’t say a word. Just follow me.

Valentine scowled but followed. When Hondo walked up to what appeared to be a set of shelves she almost said somethin’, but before she could open her mouth the shelves opened an’ Hondo walked through the doorway that was left.  Valentine followed closely an’ once inside the door closed behind them. The room was dimly lit but she could see it was storage of some sort. She figured Hondo would stop here but he kept walkin’ further, openin’ another hidden door in some way which she did not see. Once in the next area Hondo flipped on a light that brightened the whole room. Valentine looked ‘round obviously stunned as she looked at a large underground garage with many different types vehicles includin’ a helicopter. She would later wonder ifin he didn’t bring her here for a private conversation or for a wow factor so he could start speakin’ first.

Hondo: Val, listen. I know you don’t understand everythin’ that was said but ya gotta remember this: What we do deals with a lot of secret info, technologies, identities, an’ more. When ya hear somethin’ ya don’t agree with, don’t understand, or the like don’t blurt out anythin’! Think first!  

Valentine: But what Fernando said is blasphemy!

Hondo: How so?

Valentine: Our bodies can’t be immortal. The Bible says, “It is appointed for man once to die, then the judgment.”  We hafta die!

Hondo: What ifin he said we could live 1000 years.

Valentine: Well, that’s just impossible too! We are made to live only so long.

Hondo: What ‘bout Methuselah, Adam, Enoch, an’ others like them?

Valentine: What ‘bout them?  

Hondo: They each lived over 900 years. Ifin ya count that Adam was created as a man in his late 20’s or early 30’s he very well could have been 1000 years old.

Valentine: Well, ya got me there, but Immortality is still blasphemy.  

Hondo: So what do ya do with the verse in Corinthians that says: “The dead in Christ shall rise first then those which are alive and remain shall be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so shall they ever be with the Lord.”?

Valentine: I don’t know what . . .

Hondo: Of course ya do! Think! That’s what God gave ya a brain for. It says the dead shall rise first an’ then those which are alive shall then be caught up. So are those that are still alive disobeyin’ God? They should slit their own throats when they hear the trump, eh?  

Valentine stood lookin’ at Hondo with a blank look that turned into a frown. She studied the floor for a few moments then spoke without lookin’ up, an’ when she spoke it was quietly.

Valentine:  You’re right. I didn’t think it through. It just sounds impossible.

Hondo: “There are more things in heaven an’ earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” Hamlet: act 1, scene 5. Just ‘cause ya don’t understand somethin’ doesn’t make it impossible.

Valentine: Ya are smarter than ya make yourself sound, ya know.

Hondo: I don’t know ‘bout that, but I know I have a lot left ta learn. An’ I am sorry for cuttin’ ya off so abruptly in the meetin’ I wish I had time ta talk with ya ‘bout this all, but time got away from me an’ I was tasked ta make sure ya were the right person ta join us. Why I cut ya off is that our immortality is not known outside our group, for the most part. The SWA are t’wards the bottom of the ‘who to tell’ list, believe you me! I had ta stop ya for all of our sakes.

Valentine: When ya say, join us, do ya mean . . .?

Hondo: Yeah. I care ‘bout ya Val. I’d like us ta go further than we are now but we can’t until this mission is over. I also wish I could wait ta give ya this until after the mission ta see ifin ya even want this life as ifin ya take this ya’re either with us or against us. I’d wait but I’m not gonna chance losin’ ya. I can’t lose another . . .  I mean we don’t want ta lose anyone.  

Valentine: Ya don’t hafta fear me turnin’ on y’all. I know I don’t always understand an’ I may not handle certain things as well as y’all do, but I trust ya. So lead an’ I’ll follow. An’ when things get bad, just know I can turn off my emotions an’ handle what is thrown at me.

Hondo: Now I’m not forcin’ ya ta take this immortality pill. This is for ya to decide. Fernando gave it ta me ta decide ifin ya could handle it. Obviously he thinks ya can handle it an’ so do I.

Valentine: What, he afraid y’all would have an immortal enemy to battle for eternity?

Hondo: No. That’s not a worry.

Valentine (teased): What? I’m not a serious threat?

Hondo: No, it’s not that. Immortality isn’t as trouble free as ya’d think. There are costs.

Valentine: Like what?

Hondo: Well, first off ya’d be immortal, not indestructible. Immortality means ya don’t age an’ in this case means ya can heal from normally mortal wounds. But healin’ time is slow. A shot ta the heart can take 2 years ta heal. A shot ta the head can take 1000 years an’ yur memories will be either gone or screwed all up. Besides that there are social costs. Ya will watch all the friends an’ family ya know an’ love die an’ pass on, ya will hafta live in different areas without reachin’ out ta old friends as they won’t understand why ya’re not agin’, an such what like that.

Valentine: So there is no way for ya to die?

Hondo: No, ya can die, but somethin’ like 85% of yur body hasta be destroyed. It’s just best ta act like ya don’t have it. It will save ya a lot of time an’ pain.

Valentine: I understand. But I’ll have y’all, right?

Hondo: I can’t say ‘bout the rest, but even ifin we are only friends I’ll be ‘round for ya.

Valentine: I understand. . . Aright, I’m ready. What do I hafta do? Strip down an’ be dipped in some goo, or be injected with some type of gamma radiation potion?

Hondo (chuckled): It’s a lot easier than that.

Hondo pulled a small wooden box outta his pocket an’ opened it. The pill inside glowed with different swirling colours as he held it. He held it out to Valentine.

Hondo: Just like a big vitamin pill.

Valentine: What do ya feel after ya take it? I mean, does it hurt?

Hondo: Ya might feel a bit of a tingle, but really, probably ya’ll feel nothin’.

Valentine looked at it for a moment without speakin’.

Hondo: Ifin ya need time ta think ‘bout it I understand.

Valentine: I’ll be the same, right? It doesn’t change who I am, right?

Hondo: No. It doesn’t change ya. It jest stops ya from agin’ or dyin’ easily. But remember what I said, still treat life as ifin ya are mortal. Yur jest as well off takin’ it an’ forgettin’ ya have it until ya need it. Ifin ya tell anyone ya risk bein’ listed as crazy or endin’ up as a lab rat.

Valentine: I understand. I want to do this. I’ve never fit in very well or felt useful, but I’ve always believed I had a place in life to do somethin’ good to help others. I think this is it.

Valentine looked at it again only for a moment then popped it into her mouth an’ swallowed it. Hondo grimaced slightly.

Valentine: What’s wrong?!

Hondo: That was damned big ta take without water or anythin’!  

Valentine (sighed): Oh, I though somethin’ was wrong . . . Ya know, that was all very anti-climatic. Ya talk ‘bout becomin’ immortal an’ expect a flash of lightin’, spasms, potions, some ritual, somethin’ weird. Not that I ever thought ‘bout becomin’ immortal but if I had I’d have expected somethin’ more showy.

Hondo (Shrugged): Guess it’s like Salvation. Ya’d think getting’ ta heaven an’ havin’ sins forgiven would be hard, but all it takes is faith in him how died an’ rose again ta take our sins an’ give our souls eternal life in heaven ifin we only believe. Who would think it’d be so easy?

Valentine: True. I guess often it’s the important things that happen in the still small voice, not the roar of thunder, nor cheer of a crowd.

Hondo: Yeah, our work is like that, Val. What we do is a matter of life or death to individuals, towns, countries an’ sometimes the world, but ya’ll find after a mission the only pomp an’ circumstance ya’ll hear is the beat of yur own heart as ya fall asleep in bed knowin’ ya did yur job to the best of yur ability.

Valentine: So different from social stigma.  

Hondo: The cinema did that. True heroes are unsung an’ are never heroes in their own eyes.

Valentine: Like you an’ Fernando?

Hondo: We are not heroes.

Valentine: In yur own eyes.

Hondo: No, we just do the job that others can’t, that we can, an’ that needs done.

Valentine: Against impossible odds, selflessly for others who can’t while askin’ nothin’ in return. That’s what a hero is.  

Hondo: Maybe, but we are not heroes. Most heroes are found in sub shops or in grave yards.

Valentine: Ya only know ‘bout them ‘cause they have finally been recognized. You two are unsung heroes, believe me.

Hondo: Val, someday ya’ll understand. Until then, just watch, listen an’ leave that topic alone.

Valentine: Alright. An’ I’m sorry for my sulkin’ at the table, my temper, an’ my apparent lack of trust.  

Hondo: Don’t apologize . . .

Valentine: . . . It’s a sign of weakness, I know, but . . .

Hondo: No buts. Just work on it. Ya know yur weaknesses, now do yur best ta strengthen those areas.

Valentine: Ya will never know how much I love ya.

Hondo: Val, I . . . .

Hondo was cut off abruptly as Valentine wrapped her arms around his neck an’ pressed her lips against his in a rough passionate kiss. He did not fight it, though it took him a couple seconds to join in fully. She rubbed his back with one hand while the other hung onto the back of his neck. Hondo slowly but firmly rubbed her upper an’ lower back with one hand each. They kept at it for a bit until they fell back against a wall an’ slid to the floor. Hondo didn’t realize how short on breath he was getting’ until this point. He pulled away but not too far so he could still hold her an’ not to seem to reject her. He could see that she was huffin’ an’ puffin’ as well as he held her.

Hondo: It’s not good (huff) ta tease a hungry dog, Val.

Valentine: This dog (huff) is hungry too an’ (puff) doesn’t need much teasin’ to attack right now.

Hondo: Val, I know we talked an’ ya admitted ya tried ta get me ta take ya sexually, but (puff) we agreed to wait ta explore further relations until after the mission. Are ya goin’ back on that?

Valentine: No, I’m not. (huff) but this mission stress is getting’ to me too. Don't you think I’m  gettin’ wound tight too? (puff)

Hondo: Val, we all are, but sex isn’t the way ta unwind ifin we want ta try for a serious relation after this mission.

Hondo stood back up, havin’ regained his breath. Val was pretty well recovered too. Hondo helped her to her feet.  

Valentine: I know, but what if the mission goes bad an' I loose you somehow?

Hondo: Don't worry. It won't get that bad. You should get some rest before we go, though. I'm gonna lay down for a bit here soon an' you should too.

Valentine: As long as ya hold me for a bit first.

Hondo: That I can do.

Valentine: Give me a couple minutes before you come up to the room then. All I want is some time alone with you. It'll help me unwind a bit (under her breath) though other things might help more.

Hondo (sighed): Alright. I’ll stop an’ see ifin Hillshire has everythin’ set. After I'll come up an' hold ya for a bit. I do need ta git some sleep ifin I can as I didn’t sleep worth shit last night.

Valentine smiled almost mischievously an’ Hondo raised an eye brow at her then shook his head as he headed back up into the house. Once back upstairs Valentine scurried upstairs While Hondo approached Hillshire, who sat in the livin’ room watchin’ TV.

Hondo: What did ya find out?

Hillshire: We’re set. The cleanup crew will be on the far side of the building, leaving the close side for your emergency removal crew. I know you don’t trust us and you have every reason to not, but we’ll do our jobs. If you get in trouble we’ll have your back. Jean hates you still, all of you, and even though we’re ordered to help you he told us not to go out of our way to save your lives. But Marco is senior agent and he likes you and Fernando, you especially. He told me he cut off talking with you and tried to make it seem like he wasn’t a friend to keep you at a distance to protect you all and to make it easier for him to help your group. I personally remember how you and Fernando handled the take down and rebuild of the SWA. We were all treated well. Others would have eliminated us. For this, I feel we owe your group something at least. How much I can give, I don’t know. You understand my first responsibility is to the SWA so I will not do anything to compromise the SWA or my spot in it, but else wise I’ll see what I can do to help. Just remember, if ask this conversation never happened.

Hondo: I understand. Now understand this, I’m out there ta do a mission. I didn’t ask for help nor want it, but we both have our orders. Do what ya can but stay outta my way an’ I’ll try ta do the same for ya. That’s all I ask.

Hillshire: Fair enough.

Hondo: Ifin anyone asks, I’m goin’ ta lay down. I’ll definitely be up by 1:00 ifin not earlier. No one is ta disturb me unless it’s an emergency.  

Hillshire: You alright?

Hondo: yeah. Just a mild headache.

Hillshire: You and Fernando. We SWA agents don’t get headaches before missions.

Hondo: We’ll we don’t have the luxury of havin’ others plan everythin’, have unlimited back-up, or have no care ‘bout the lives of those with us. We plan everythin’ from how, what, when, an’ where an’ our team mates are our friends. It’s the difference between mountin’ a coin operated pony at the mall and mountin’ a 9 year old mustang stallion fresh off the range.  

Hillshire: Did not think of that, though I disagree with your analogy. Anyway, I don’t envy you. I could not handle the pressure of doing it all myself on the resources you have.

Hondo refrained from answerin’ him on that one. Hillshire was suppose ta have his back so pissin’ him off further if he was pissed at all, was not a good idea. Hondo just nodded as he turned an’ walked upstairs to his room.

Though the walk to his room was a quiet short one, his mind was filled with noisy thoughts that seemed to go on forever. There was so much to think about. The lives of those he worked with, the repercussions of failin’, the killin’ of the body that once house one he loved, an’ much more filled his mind all at once. So jumbled was his thoughts that before he knew it he was in the room an’ he didn’t remember even enterin’. Apparently he had done so almost silently as well as Valentine jumped an’ squeaked as he shut the door. She clutched her bathrobe 'round her as she stared at him for a moment, wide eyed.  After a few moments she signed an’ lowered her hands allowin’ her robe to fall open once more.

Valentine: I didn’t hear ya come in!  

Hondo: Sign of a guilty conscience.

Valentine chucked a pair of balled up jeans at his head. He ducked an’ chuckled as they missed him, though only by a hair width. Hondo grinned at her slightly as he stood lookin’ at her. Now the squirrels may have enough body hair to be considered mostly covered without clothes, but the species of mice both Hondo an’ Valentine were really didn’t have much for body hair. Without clothes they were not even considered skimpily covered.  She had brushed out her hair, an’ had on only a small cotton bikini and bra. She didn’t need any support from the bra as she had firm breasts, so it acted merely as a cover. It made a lousy cover though as it was almost see through on her, but all in all it looked very sexy on her.  

Even though Hondo’s mind was full of thoughts a sight like that was enough to part them for a moment. He had to mentally warn himself to keep thinkin’ with his mind as at that moment with a sight like that an’ with all the stress he was under other parts wanted ta do the thinkin’ for him.

Hondo: I though ya weren’t gonna try for anythin’ extra?

Valentine (blushed): I’m not. I know ya will think I’m foolish, but I had a dream  last night of holdin’ ya like this an' all was good with the mission. Call me silly or superstitious, but I just felt maybe it’d give ya the will an’ desire to come back to me whole. I know this can’t be easy for you havin’ to kill your . . .

Hondo put a finger to her lips.

Hondo: No more talkin'.

He then took her in his arms an’ kissed her. She held on for a bit then pulled back with a smile.

Valentine: Take those clothes off an’ come to bed.

Hondo: Will my boxers do? or do I need somethin' more formal?

Valentine (blushing): That’s fine! Now just . . .

Hondo: Alright! Just keep yur shirt on . . . never mind too late.

Valentine chucked a pillow at him, of which he caught an’ tossed at the end of the bed beside where she now sat.  Hondo laid his guns beside the bed, hung his vest, over-shirt an’ jeans on the chair back, and folded his t-shirt an’ laid it on the chair.  Valentine stood up an’ took off the robe she had on an’ threw it on the chair, leavin’ just the skimpy cotton 2-piece on her body as a coverin’. Hondo turned out the over head light an’ with the shades drawn the room was only dimly light since it was cloudy outside. Hondo looked towards the window for a moment an’ hoped the clouds would stay. They left no shadows.  

Valentine sat on her side of the bed with her knees up to her chin as she waited for Hondo to climb in. He was movin’ slowly at the moment as his mind was workin’ overtime. She knew he needed to think, but he also needed to rest an’ relax. The only way that was to happen was to take his mind off what was to come for a bit. Not only would it help him but she also wanted to forget what was to come for a bit an’ just hold the one she loved. She so wished for this mission to be over an’ to hear Hondo tell her he loved her.  She knew it was selfish but she wanted him for herself. She knew not until this mission was done could she have him. She wanted to do other missions with the team, be part of the team, an’ be Hondo’s gal. She had never before been so nervous an’ sexually frustrated at the same time. She knew she loved him, it was not just lust, but Hondo an’ Fernando were right, mission stress made her want sex all the more. She had never had sex before but it didn’t matter. The body knew what it wanted an’ knew it would like it.

Hondo slid into the bed an’ lay back, lookin’ at the ceilin’ as he did so. Valentine slid over beside him, leaned over him an’ kissed him lightly then pulled back 6 inches or so, so she could stare into his eyes. She loved the steel grey colour in them an’ how they changed with his mood. As she leaned over him she saw them soften from a hard grey to a lighter, bluish grey in only moments. He smiled at her slightly then pulled her to him so that their bodies pressed together an’ he pulled the covers up to her shoulders.  They kissed for a while then just held each other, enjoyin’ the feelin’ of their bodies pressed together under the sheets. Before too long Hondo actually fell asleep, of which Valentine was glad for.  She too soon fell asleep, her head on his chest, body pressed against his side, an’ her arms ‘round his neck. It was now 4.5 hours to mission time.

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012, 7:32pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #122 - Apr 24th, 2012, 4:53pm

“Yes, enough.”, an unseen voice makes itself heard from the crowd.

Footsteps can be heard as the crowd parts. An old man walks through the parted space wearing an expensive suit, making its way to Anne’s side. He stops when he gets there.

“You again…”, he says.

“Christiano Savonarola…”, Marco says out loud but heard by everyone else.

“I want to ask your men a question.”, Fernando says to be heard.  

“You can ask anything you want, for they will be your  last words.”, Christiano replies.

“I know I asked it before, but I’ll say it again. Who is going to pay you if your bosses are dead?”, Fernando says and asks.

“It is you who will be dead!”, Anne yells back.

“You keep forgetting, Cyborgs have one weakness. Whether you know it or not...”, Fernando yells at her.

“What the fuc…”, Anne yells but is interrupted by loud sound of a single gun shot, followed by a muffled explosion, and splattering of blood and brains hitting her. Fernando had shot Christiano in the eye after seeing him reach for a weapon. He lays there dead with a handgun in his hand and more than half the top of his skull missing.

Gun fire exchange rapidly between the two group. Seeing that the men did not go down after several shots to their mid sections, Angie switches to headshots with her Styer Machine gun, taking down half of the group. Fernando throws Tammy behind him as he goes after Anne, who has started to run away from the crowd. After several steps, he stops and takes aim.  

With a cyborg’s weak spot out of sight, the bullet hit home at her right shoulder, blowing up and taking out the arm from its shattered socket, causing her to spin around before falling into the floor. Cybernetic systems shut down the flow of blood to the area, keeping the bleeding to a minimum. He takes several more steps to Anne as she writhed in pain. Several shots whiz past him, as a couple of the remaining men shoot at him from his 4o’clock position.  

Pivoting on his stepped heel, Fernando spins around and gets his pursuers into view. His arm raised with adjustments made to his aim to their heads, Fernando lets lose a barrage of bullet fire that falls them dead with explosive results where they stepped onto.  

Turning around to his intended target, he finds her to be gone. He receives several shots to his back, forcing him down to the floor. Tammy runs up to him to check him out.

“I’m sorry hon.”, Tammy whispers in his ear, then her gun goes off, hitting him in the right buttock. Fernando grimaces in pain, as he watches her run towards the park.

He tries to get up, but is pushed back onto the ground, feeling a pair of tiny hands grabs onto his wrists and a pair of handcuffs put on him.

“Make sure they’re tight, I don’t want him to break away.”, Marco says.

“I’ll shoot him is he tries to run.”, Angie is heard directory on his back.

Fernando could only growl at the predicament.

“Whoa, calm down tiger, or Angie will shoot you.”, Marco bends his knees to lower himself towards Fernando.

“#$@! you, Marco!”, Fernando growls loudly at him, “Let me go before Tammy gets hurt!”

“Calm yourself down and maybe I’ll reconsider. Until then consider yourself detained.”, Marco tells him. He takes his cellphone and makes a call to Ferro. It is answered immediately, “Hello, Ferro?”

“Yes, Marco?”, Ferro answers the call.

“We need a clean up crew here by the coliseum.”, Marco explains.

“We already have a crew to support Hondo’s thing.”, Ferro explains.

“Can you spare anyone?”, Marco asks, “At least to keep the reporters at bay?”

“I’ll send Olga your way with Nahil. Priscilla will take care of the police and reporters.”, Ferro answers, “Was it successful?”

“No. Our flyboy here killed our target for questioning, but this time it’s a confirmed kill.”. Marco explains.

“Which target?”, Ferro asks.

“Christiano Savonarola.”, Marco answers.

“Christiano?”, Ferro asks, “How?”

“Don’t know. But he is now dead thanks to Fernando blowing his brains out.”, Marco explains, looking around, “It’s a real mess here. I count over 20 bodies here.”

“Twenty? No way Fernan…”, Ferro was starting to say.

“We, Angie and I took down more than half of them in defending ourselves.”, Marco explains.

“What about Tammy?”, Ferro asks.

“We need to go after her. She went after Annie  after Fernando wounded her and she ran away. You should have seen her, she shot Fernando up to put him down, and shot him in the ass to keep him from running.”, Marco explains.

“Annie?”, Ferro asks.

“No, Tammy!”, Marco tells her.

“Wow. It takes her all this time to use her firearm in the field and she uses it on her husband. That says a lot.”, Ferro replies.

“Divorce by lead is all I can say.”, Marco adds to the conversation, “Anyways, we got one loose and wounded terrorist and Tammy going after her.”

“That can be trouble.”, Ferro says.

“One more thing, when we all return, arrest Dr. Bianchi, Dr. Gilliani and Dr. Belgonchi, and detain the rest of the medical staff in closed personal quarters.”, Marco almost orders.

“What for? The Chief will have a shit fit if this blows up in our faces.”, Ferro replies.

“Tell the chief that there might be some stolen cyborg technology involved and the leak might be coming from one of them.”, Marco  

“What’s the proof on that?”, Ferro asks.

“Lets say, a confession from the dead.  I  am also going to need an outside medical team to autopsy Christaino and see how much, if any, of his body has cyborg technology. I don’t want the medical team aware of this until questioning.”, Marco explains.

“I’ll see what I can do. But we’re already on a thin thread with staff stretched out like this.”, Ferro replies.

“Thank you.”, Marco tells her.

“Oh don’t worry about that. You will owe me big time.”, Ferro tells her. She hangs up her cellphone, ending the call.

Marco looks down at Fernando. “And you will owe me big time. Until then, consider yourself under arrest until we find Tammy.”, Marco tells him.

“#$@! you! And Let Me Find Her!”, Fernando growls at him loudly.

“Not with that hole in your ass. You’ll bleed out from your ass by the time you reach the other end of the park looking for her. Now relax. First aide’s coming to patch you up, and then to a detainment cell at our offices.”, Marco explains.

“You are not going to be able to detain me...”, Fernando tells me.

“I don’t think you have a choice in the matter.”, Marco tells him as he looks at the SWA Medical team arrives. “Now stay still and let them do their job.”

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #123 - May 10th, 2012, 8:58pm

The chase continues for another quarter mile, first through the nearby park and through the streets into an outdoor market. The crowd runs away from the main closed off street area, hiding behind anything where they can get to.

Anne manages to duck somewhere in the middle of the outdoor market, hiding between two vendor table areas. Tammy slows down to a walking pace, her gun out in front of her with both hands holding it, raising it occasionally to aim down a hidden gap between vendor spaces.

She misses Anne hiding between the folds of a tent. Anne, though, did not as she peered through a hole in the tent material, seeing Tammy walk by. She takes her useless arm and tries to twist it back into the socket, finding nothing there for it to hook into anymore. She managed to pin it back against a deformed shoulder blade, putting the hand at the end of the arm into her pants pocket. Any pain she would be having is being taken cared of by the artificial endorphins.  

Pushing the cloth tent wall away, Anne silently steps out from hiding and readies her over-sized gun. A voice cried out, “LOOK OUT!!!”, making Tammy look around to see Anne several steps away from her. But Anne was looking for the voice that made itself known. It was enough of a distraction for Tammy to react in her defense.

Tammy lifts up her SiG P239, pulling the trigger once she has it aimed at her target’s chest. A slow volley of several shots were heard going off as Anne tries to lift her heavy MP5. Each shot penetrates her chest, fracturing carbon fiber bone until it shatters, exposing her vital organs in the process. Her heart gets turned into hamburger, much like her lungs gets turned into Swiss Cheese. She stands there in disbelief, trying to gasp but there is nothing there to hold in the air.  She goes down on her side and lays there dying though most would presume dead.

Tammy stands there watching Anne bleed out onto the floor around her as the crowd starts to form around them. The police arrives with Marco and Angie a minute later. No one touches Anne until Marco tells them to do so. A second wave of cops comes in and starts confiscating cellphones that were recording the show. A medical crew arrives but is ordered to not do anything by Marco, not just yet. He examines the body, taking pictures of deformed bullets that hit her in the chest, and those that had penetrated her body. The exposed shoulder wound was also looked over, with exposed metal and carbon fiber linkages being seen through the gaping hole Fernando put there. He orders the medics to wrap up the body and take it to St. Lorenzo’s Emergency Medical hospital and put under ice under Police escort.

A couple of photographs were taken of Anne’s dead body and of her weapon, while none were taken of Tammy. Though the police surround her, they are ordered to leave her alone. Marco picks up the MP5 off the floor and walks over to Tammy as Anne gets put into a body bag. Walking into the circle of police officers, stops by Tammy and slowly takes her empty gun from her grasp. He then takes her hands.

“Lets go home.”, he tells her, stepping out of the circle of police officers.

At the hospital SWA Handler Alessandro Ricci guards the two bodies in the morgue with his cyborg Petrushka. He would be met with Marco, his cyborg Angie, Ferro, and Chief Lorenzo hours later in the afternoon. An unknown doctor dragged from the emergency ward was brought down with them. A recent graduate of med school, doing his residency, much of it as with many other interns, learning their craft in the emergency room under the supervision of experienced doctors.

“Pull out these two and open them.”, Marco points to two drawers. Alessandro pulls them open. The doctor pulls the zipper on the bags open, exposing the bodies inside. He looks at them, one older male with 1/2 his skull and much of his brains missing, much of it stuffed into plastic bags resting on his stomach. The younger female had much of her chest punched in and ripped opened by multiple gun shots, littered by deformed 9mm rounds still inside her. Her right shoulder was just as visibly damaged.

“What happened to these two?”, the doctor asks.

“They are Italy’s most wanted criminals. This is what happens to criminals who fight against their capture and arrest.”, Chief Lorenzo explains before giving the doctor his orders. “You are to inspect their wounds, note any artificial constructs inside them, and report to us what you found. We’re not worry about their cause of death. We can figure out what killed them.”

The doctor looks at him as if he was crazy.

“This is the new wave of terrorist. Artificially enhanced with mechanical devices in their bodies. That so called woman there could grab you by your neck and rip it off your body without a second thought on concentrating for strength with her artificial hand.”, Ferro tells him.

“We want to know how much of their bodies are artificial, and what company, research facility, or government supplied the parts.”, Marco tells him.

“You have your job cut out for you, doctor. You have 6 hours to complete this task. We’ll recover the bodies and your report when you’re done. You’ll be on your own to do this, no help is allowed because this is a government secret. Understand that?”, Chief Lorenzo tells him.

“Can I go get something here to eat?”, the doctor asks.

“Ask the boy here, he’ll get your food for you.”, Marco says as he points to Alessandro.

“Hey!”, Alessandro complains.

“Petrushka can stay behind while you get his food.”, Ferro almost orders.

“Yes Ma’am!”, Alessandro says at attention, holding back the urge to salute, as it would have gotten him a slap in the face.

“Your time starts now, doctor.”, Chief Lorenzo tells him, then turns to Marco and Ferro, “Lets go check on our patient.” He starts to walk away with the others following him.

It takes them a couple of minutes of go from the basement level where the morgue was to Intensive Care where their patient was.

While in the elevator, Chief Lorenzo asks, “What is happening in the other mission?”

“Hillshire is co-leading it with Fernando’s number two man, Hondo. They should be leaving the base as we speak.”, Marco says as he looks at his watch.

“I think I should be getting off to join them.”, Ferro says.

“They should be fine.”, Marco throws in.

“Its just Triela and Hillshire.”, Ferro adds.

“They can handle themselves without any problems.”, Marco replies.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2012, 10:16pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #124 - Jun 22nd, 2012, 2:19pm

The leading group of the SWA walks into Fernando’s room as he was putting on his clothes. Not too long before he had turned off the life support and monitoring machines and disconnected himself from the wires that connected him to them. Gathering his belongings, he puts on his clothes when they came in. They being Ferro, Marco and Chief Lorenzo.

“Leaving so soon?, Marco asks out loud.

Fernando jumps up to pull up his pants and then zippers and belts them. He turns to face Marco, seeing the others there with him. “Where’s my service weapons, personal digital devices, money and identification.”, he tells him.

“We have them in the crime lab while we assess what bullets went where and if any of yours hit any innocents. Now you should be in bed before your stitches pop.”, Marco tells him in return.

“#$@! the stitches. I’m going home.”, Fernando demands.

“If you’re strong enough to go home, you’re going to detention instead.”, Marco tells him.

“I got two words for you, Marco.”, Fernando begins to say.

“And they would be?”, Marco asks, interrupting him. Fernando grabs a nearby visitor’s chair, sliding it towards him.

“#$@!...”, Fernando begins to say, throwing the chair through the window, followed by, “...You!”, before he jumps out the window.

He lets himself fall 10 feet before opening up his wings and hug the side of the building until it turns the turn an he disappears into the turn. By the time Marco and the others arrive and look out the window, Fernando was already gone.

“DAMN HIM!”, Marco yells out the window.

“Wasn’t expecting that? He did the same thing with Enrico Belucci and his men from Section One the last time he was here.”, Ferro points out.

“You don’t have to rub it in.”, Marco tells her in return.

“Now that he is gone, what are you going to do?”, Chief Lorenzo throws at him, “We don’t have that many handlers to spare. In fact we have none.”

“There is only one place he can go, so I’ll go there and beat him getting there.”, Marco explains.

“And where is that?”, Ferro asks before the chief does.

“His home. It will be empty by the time we both get there.”, Marco explains.

“Alright.”, Chief Lorenzo begins, “I expect arrest and detainment before the second mission is completed.”

“Will do.”, Marco says, seeing that Chief Lorenzo was leaving the room.

Fernando manages to fly a few blocks onto a nondescript apartment building. Somehow he manages not to get the attention of everyone else in the city as he made his escape. But it was not complete. He needs his money, identification and electronic gadgetry. Looking about the area, he could not identify the area of the city he was in. His best option was a church steeple far in the distance, but flyable in a couple of jumps.

It takes him about three minutes of flying and relaunching from crossing the expanse of streets between the buildings. He approximates that he must have flown just over a mile in distance, which he could have covered in one hop but being wounded and filled up with meds, he took several breaks in between. Eventually he gets there, flying down to the sidewalk and the church’s main entrance.

Walking up the steps, he tries the doors until he finds one unlocked to open it. The foyer was empty but the altar was not. He takes a slow long walk down the aisle. At the last row of seat, Fernando takes a knee and does the sign of the cross before continuing down the aisle. Coming from the side entrance where the rectory was a priest walks out onto the altar.

“How can I help you, my son?”, the priest asks.

“I was just robbed and need access to a computer with internet to contact my job.”, Fernando explains.

“Wouldn’t you like to go to the police first?”, the priest asks.

“I have no identification, and am not an Italian Citizen. So if you know that the police would do to people in my situation, I’m not spending several days in lock up while my finger prints clear on their system.”, Fernando tells him.

“I see.”, the priest says to himself.

“The computer?”, Fernando asks.

“Oh, sure. Right this way.”, the priest says before heading to the rectory. Fernando follows him. They walk past the main reception area into a private office. “You can use this one.”, the priest points out.

“Thank you.”, Fernando says as he sits down behind the keyboard. Though the items on the screen was in Italian, he understood what was where and what it did. To throw off the priest who was shoulder surfing him, Fernando goes into an old yahoo-email account and opens a ‘compose email’ page. He inputs a very encryptic email address, and a short title in the subject, “Location.” The message was a short request for “a car, and personal items; items believed to be stolen.” He presses the “SEND” button and then shuts down the yahoo-email account. He gets out of the office chair, telling the priest, “Thank you.” Before leaving the rectory and walks to exit the church.

Several miles away in a lab in compound somewhere, several techs look over a Porsche 928 with its hood open. They wonder about the sealed casing that covers the engine bay, trunk area, under dash area and center console. In another lab, an American Arms 1911 double stack variant is being put through its rounds, along with the various items found on Fernando. The lab tech look over the items with a discerning eye, looking over the items. All of the sudden radiation alarms go off as the assorted items begin to glow. A tech holding onto the fender of the Porsche complained that it was getting very hot before it disappeared like all the other items in  the other labs.

The Chrono Server at Fernando’s home assembles the items in a neat package inside the Porsche’s front passenger seat before materializing the vehicle in front of the church Fernando was exiting. He trots down the stairs and to the car. He grabs the door handle of the Porsche, opens its doors, and sits down in its seat before closing the door. He gathers his wallet and gun off the pile on the front passenger seat, followed by the car keys. The ignition key is put into the key hole.

“Password.”, a voice from the car’s stereo system sounded as the center area lit up into a keyboard pattern.

“Aisapi, Voice Print Confirmation only, password: Tinkerbell.”, Fernando responds to the command.

“Password and voice recognized. Where do you want to go?”, Aisapi asks.

“Released controls to me but provide standard protection.”, Fernando orders.

“Will do. Automotive controls released for driver input only. Standard protection systems on and armed.”, Aisapi replies.

Fernando whips the wheel with one hand while dancing with the pedals and putting the car into first gear with the other hand. He was pulling out of the parking spot and going to his safe house.

“Aisapi, connect to cellphone and dail out to Marco Tongi, private mode only.”, Fernando requests.

Over the stereo speakers the cellphone can be heard dialing out. The phone rings on the other end twice before the call is answered.

“Who is this?”, a male voice answers on the other end.

“Who else would it be, Marco?”, Fernando answers.

“You! You know you are under arrest!”, Marco yells back at him.

“I have two choice words for you, Marco.”, Fernando tells him.

“What would they be?”, Marco asks.

“Diplomatic Immunity.”, Fernando tells him.

“Your American Diplomatic Immunity Has Been Revoked.”, Marco almost yells back.

“Tell that to the Vatican Council.”, Fernando tells him.

“WHAT?!!”, Marco yells on the phone.

“I said ‘tell that to the Vatican Council.’ And if you don’t want to listen to them, you can tell that to the Japanese Embassy, and then your own Prime Minister.”, Fernando tells him, “Now we can discuss this like gentlemen or deal with it like savages. I suspect you are at my place but cant get in...?” The silence on Marco’s end gives Fernando his answer. “I’ll be there in 30 minutes. Don’t try to do anything stupid.”

“What is that supposed to mean?!!”, Marco asks loudly.

“It is how you take it.”, Fernando tells him. He reaches to a button on the dashboard and presses it to end the call. Hitting the highway, Fernando presses on the gas pedal and power shifts through the gears, sending the needles of the gauges to the far right measuring speeds of 150 MPH or better when he could. As promised he arrives about a half hour later, finding Marco and Angie in the rear parking lot by their car near the house’s rear entry way that is locked and weapons out.

Fernando take the Porsche into a long slow circle around the parking lot, putting the car into its parking spot with its nose pointing out of its space. At the same time he makes a few adjustments and then activates the car’s internal radio phone, startling Marco as his cellphone rang in his pocket. Marco looks at his pocket as he puts his hand in it, seeing Ferro’s name and number flashing on the tiny screen. He activates the cellphone to receive the call to see what she wanted.

“How can I help you, Ferro?”, Marco asks. He was not expecting Fernando’s voice.

“Greetings from cyberspace, a Macintosh OS Virus once said.”, Fernando tells him.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH FERRO’S CELLPHONE!”, Marco yells at both the cellphone and at Fernando’s Porsche.

“Before you get stupid, I don’t know where Ferro or her cellphone is. What I’m doing is a simple cell phone number switching trick that the 2600 script kiddies do and have published on the internet. Now that I got your attention, don’t do anything that you would regret. Take your weapons out and take out the bullets and magazines from them and pocket them.”, Fernando tells him.

“And if I refuse?”, Marco asks.

“Then you can go home, your office, the SWA Compound, I don’t care. Just go, leave this place and leave me alone.”, Fernando tells him.

“We have orders for your arrest.”, Marco tells him, “You coming peacefully or am I going to have to use force?”

“Go #$@! yourself, Marco. I can come back from the grave, you however can not. So if you value your life and your cyborg’s life, you are going to either sit down in peace with me and are we going to have a last stand here? This is my place, don’t forget that. And don’t forget, you are at a disadvantage being here. You don’t know where, if any, are booby traps and robotic guns hidden .”, Fernando tells him.

Marco starts to look around the area, then back at the car.

“You going to disarm, walk away or fight your last stand?”, Fernando asks.

“What about you?”, Marco asks.

“This is my place. I do have the right to defend it as I see fit.”, Fernando tells him.

“This is not bloody America!”, Marco shouts back.

“Its America in Italy, as given by the treaty your nation signed with the US, that these safe houses, like the embassy. Just like the 500 safe houses Italy has across the 50 states, 35 in New York State, with 25 in New York City alone.”, Fernando explains, “It was never yours to give to Tammy as a place of her own.”

Fernando hangs up the phone, watching Marco holding back from throwing his onto the floor. The door to the Porsche opens and Fernando steps out. It only takes him 25 steps to walk to the rear door where Marco and Angie stood. Their weapons out but not pointed at him, at least for now. He stops within three feet in front of them and look at them and their weapons.

“You mind putting those things away.”, Fernando demands.

“By order of Italian Law Enforcement, I’m placing you under arrest.”, Marco tells him.

“Let me show you something...”, Fernando tells him as he opens one of the panels of his suit jacket, showing the tattered fabric inside, “You should arrest your investigation team. As is they owe me a $5000 suit jacket. And I’m not counting the damage they put on my car.”

“That it...”, Marco says as he grabs onto Fernando’s arm. Unfortunately for him, Fernando was just too fast, kicking Angie’s SMG out of her hands and throwing Marco onto the ground, putting his foot onto Marco’s neck.

Fernando slowly steps off Marco’s neck, “Next time I wont be so nice.” He puts his hand on a near by panel on the door, the sound of the lock undoing itself can be heard. He pushes the door open and stands by the doorway. “Put away your guns before entering the house.”

Marco sits there for a moment.

“You coming in or are you going to cause trouble?”, Fernando mockingly asks.

Marco just scowls at him for the moment before turning to Angie and giving her a nod. She picks up her SMG and puts it away before going into the house. Marco gets up and goes in after her. Fernando closes the door behind him. They all walk and then stand about the living room. Fernando continues to the kitchen and pulls out several tall glasses, filling them with water from a pitcher that came from the refrigerator.

“I’m sure you are all thirsty, so drink up.”, Fernando tells them before taking a glass to drink from himself. Marco nods to Angie and both take a glass themselves to drink from. Fernando finishes his drink and puts it on the island counter, “Its not New York Water but its drinkable.”

“Isn’t this triple activated carbon filtered well water?”, Marco asks.

“There are about 15 filters buried under this house, all about Angie’s sized, so nothing it coming short of radioactive hydrogen is coming out of those taps. Now lets continue – What do you want? Not my arrest I hope. I have Diplomatic Immunity for one and I’m dead –two.”, Fernando tells him.

“You are to be detained until such evidence proves that none of your bullets hit any innocents…”, Marco states.

“And to prove who I am.”, Fernando interrupts him. He continues, “Thus far you and your agency  treatment of me have been, shall I say, least cooperative? Hold on.” He takes the remote of the TV and turns it on. He then takes his cell phone and punch a code on it. Four windows open up on the TV, followed by four female secretaries appearing on the screen putting on some kind of head set. Underneath each woman was a name and title from four different nations: Nana Kawasaki, Imperial Secretary: Japan on the top left, Michelle Johnson, NYC Branch CIA Executive Secretary: USA on the top right, Josefina Solmaria de Los Santos: Imperial Secretary: Spain, and Monica Petris, Executive Director of Public Safety: SWA. Marco could stand in awe seeing his boss’ boss on the screen with the other three. “Good tidings ladies.”, Fernando says to them.

“Good Tidings.”, they all return with Ms Petris adding, “What seems to be the problem, Fernando?”

“Plenty, Monica.”, as Fernando begins before adds, “But with a show of hands, who is going to give me diplomatic immunity, because I need it to protect me from being arrested.”

The four women all raise their hands. Marco lets his anger know.

“WHAT!”, Marco yells out, “This man is to be detained by Italian Law!”

Ms Petris answers back, “Is that you Marco? First let me say this – I don’t know what charges are being held against Fernando, but you are not to arrest him! Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Ma’am. But I’m under orders from the chief to arrest him.”, Marco tells her.

“I’m telling you to disregard those orders and I will follow up with an all-points bulletin to end this hunt. Furthermore… Is Angie there?”, Ms Petris says and then asks.

“She’s right here.”, Marco answers as he guides Angie into view.

“Good. Angie. Be a good girl and establish Protocol 51-3.”, Ms Petris tells her as she types on a keyboard in front of her.

Angie stands at attention and salutes the screen. Instead of Angie giving  response, Fernando does.

“Thank you ladies. Just a few more seconds for you to witness this...”, Fernando says as he turns to Marco, “You are under orders to leave me alone unless we are conducting business or personal visitation. I have not broken any laws, and if you and your law enforcement agencies are seek my arrest, I am declaring Diplomatic Immunity as proposed by the UN of conduct of embassy and government employees and its citizenry as I am of these nations. This immunity extends from me to my crew, friends, and associates. Do I make my self clear!”

“Yes sir!”, the voices from the TV came from all four woman. Both Marco and Fernando looks at the TV.

“Alright ladies. Sorry for the interruption. Monica, if you can stay for a few more seconds, please?”, Fernando says and then asks.

One by one, three of the four women on the TV Screen blink out before Monica Petrica’s image zooms to fill the screen. Fernando nods at her, as so does she.

“What is Protocol 51-3?”, Marco asks.

“Protocol 51-3 is an agency directive for all cyborgs to stop their pursuit of individuals we deem innocent.”, Monica tells him.

“INNOCENT! Fernando is wanted for questioning pending an investigation on an outdoor shooting involving several casualties!”, Marco yells at her.

“Tell me – were you involved in this shooting by the coliseum in any way, whether you witnessed it or partook in it? I have seen the videos which were down loaded on this unit I’m speaking to you on. They show you and your cyborg took a more than active approach in this event. And it is my decision that Fernando acted in self defense as Christiano drew his gun first to shoot.”, Monica asks.

Marco bows his head and speaks softly, “I was involved, Ma’am.”

“Would you like for me to order your cyborg to arrest you?”, Monica tells sternly him in asking, “I can order her to do so.”

“That wont be necessary, Ma’am.”, Marco says.

“Good.”, Monica says, then turns to Fernando, “Will there be anything more?”

“Just one thing, perhaps two.”, Fernando answers.

“That shall it be?”, Monica asks.

“I want Tammy arrested, detained and brought here to answer to what she done to me.”, Fernando tells her, trying to hold his anger.

“I see. Yes. She did shoot you several times according to the video. You sure you don’t want Italian Law to be passed onto her?”, Monica asks.

“No...”, Fernando begins to say, interrupted by Marco’s cellphone beeping, signaling that it as a text message. Fernando continues as Marco reads his cellphone message, “Tammy is American, shooting an American Agent while in chase of a known murderer and terrorist. She might be an agent of your SWA but she acted on her own outside of agency orders. Only an American Judge can act on this.”

“I see.”, Monica replies, continuing to type on her keyboard. “Will that be all?”, she then asks.

“That should be all. Thank you.”, Fernando says to her.

“Now wait a minute!”, Marco shouts out, “Why is he and his crew getting special privileges?!!”

“Marco, this is not to ever leave your lips. Fernando operates on a level you can not dream to achieve. He will have his death faked when needed, and operate at the fringe of the law to do his job as required by the government he works for requests. He fulfilled his task of getting rid of Christiano for us by request where you all have failed, but stopped him from getting rid of Anne because of his wife, your subordinate as I remember, interference. Who knows where those two are, and in knowing Tammy as the gun shy agent she is, you better hope that Anne has not killed her if she crumples under pressure. Do I make myself clear?!!”, Monica tells him.

“Yes, Ma’am.”, Marco says as he bows his head.

“Good.”, Monica tells him, then turns to Fernando, “Fernando my dear. Let me know when all this is over, and I’ll have the Prime Minister throw a party on your behave.”

“Thank you, but that may not be necessary.”, Fernando tells her.

“Just be nice to your wife. She has been through a lot, you know”, Monica says to him.

“I’ll think about it, depending if she survives her encounter with Anne.”, Fernando explains.

“Well...”, Monica begins to say, “My media reporters in the field are saying that there was a shoot out at an outdoor food market with one dead and from the looks of it, Tammy is involved but is fine. The police questioned her and then released her when she showed them her SWA ID.”

“Good.”, Fernando says, “and thank you.”

“No, thank you.”, Monica says, “Anytime you need me of my services, just call.”

“Thanks.”, Fernando replies.

Monica Petris smiles before her screen blanks out. Fernando turns to Marco as Marco’ cellphone beeps again.

“Well...”, Fernando says, dragging it for longer than necessary.

“One day I’ll figure out how you do it.”, Marco says.

“When you work in deep level infiltration as I do, you will.”, Fernando explains, then adds as be points to Marco’s cellphone, “What’s the message.”

“Its an email from Ms Petris. It says, ‘To all handlers and cyborgs: Your standing orders are as follows – you are cease and desist on any arrests orders against American agent Fernando, his friends and his assosicates.’ The second one says, ‘To all free and available handlers and cyborgs: You are to find, arrest and detain Section II Agent Tammy Squirel-G. and return her to American Agent Fernando at his safe house operations site.’”, Marco recites from the screen, then looks at Fernando and protests, “You are not going to arrest her.”

“I will do with my wife as I please.”, Fernando tells her.

“Don’t do anything to harm her or you will be hearing it from me.”, Marco warns him.

“Threatening me? Don’t threaten me, Marco. The cemeteries are filled with idiots who had threatened me. Don’t be an idiot.”, Fernando tells him.

“And I said don’t do anything to harm her. If you do harm Tammy, you will hearing it from me.”, Marco tells him in return.

“Well then. Looks like we are agreeing to disagree. And with that, I will not be responsible if you put me in a situation where I have to defend myself. Is that clear enough for you?”, Fernando tells him.

“Yeah, crystal clear.”, Marco responds, adding, “You may have the same protection that we handlers have from high above, but that wont stop me from giving you the royal ass kicking you deserve if you hurt her.”

“Something going on between you and my wife?”, Fernando asks him so sternly that it was hard to tell that he was even asking the question at all.

Marco sums up the bravery inside him and approaches the service island that separates them before saying what he had to say, “First of all, I’m her field supervisor, and she has been a loyal agent to the orders I gave her. That has not changed.”

“Watch what you say next. In fact, get out of here. Go find Hondo’s mission and assist him in what he has to do because you wont do it.”, Fernando tells him, “I want Hondo and his team back alive and that mission fulfilled successfully.”

Before Marco can answer, his cellphone rings. He looks at the phone and see that its Ferro’s phone number, then looks at Fernando before answering it in speaker mode.

“Hello?”, Marco asks in answers it.

“Hello, Marco! What Is This About That Tammy Is To Be Arrested, Detained And Sent Back To Fernando’s Safe House And Not Fernando?!!”, Ferro yells in awe and anger.

“Its from Public Safety Director Petris.”, Marco explains, “I was on video conference with her when she made it.”

“I’m Not Doing It! She’s Becoming Our Top Operative!”, Ferro yells back on the cellphone.

“If you value your job, do it.”, Fernando tells her.

“Who are you to tell me how to do my job?!! You are nobody to tell me how to do my job!”, Ferro yells at him from the cellphone.

“Well then, I’ll just send a copy of the tape his house’s security system makes to Ms Petris and Mr. Lorenzo on the next meeting I have with them.”, Fernando tells her.

“You would not dare...”, both Marco and Ferro say.

“Then Do Your Damn Job!”, Fernando gets loud.

“Marco?”, Ferro asks.

“We’re between a rock and a hard place, Ferro. Comply to the orders and I’ll see what I can do.”, Marco explains.

“Alright.”, Ferro replies. Then she adds before ending the call on her end, “I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah, later.”, Marco replies but it was too late as the call was ended. He turns to face Fernando, finding him staring back.

“You have your orders, now get out.”, Fernando tells him, followed by the sound of a large sized car entering the driveway at a high rate of speed, followed by the screeching of halted tires against the parking lot pavement, stopping it. Fernando turns to face the hallway as somebody turns the knob on the rear door to open it but cant. After a couple of times of twisting, there is a knock on the door. “Open it. And if its Tammy, arrest her.”, Fernando tells him.

Marco nods at Angie who walks to the rear door. It takes her a while to walk there before opening the door. Tammy was on the other side of the doorway.

“Hello, Angie. Marco he...*!!!”, Tammy begins to say before Angie take her hand and Judo throws her into the house. She pounces on Tammy and pins her arms against her back, hand cuffing them together. Tammy can only look front of her in shock, awe and horror.

Marco walks up to them, “I’m sorry Tammy. But I’m under orders to arrest you.”

“By Whom?!!”, Tammy cries out from where she laid on the floor.

“Any wife who turns on her husband, harms him, commits adultery against him, shuns him and does him wrong then she is to be stoned until dead.”, Fernando says in a haunting tone, “The Old Testament is a great book. I can see why the Chassidic Jews, Armenian Christians and Islam’s fundamentalist members adhere to these laws.”

“WHAT?!!!”, Tammy yells from her position.

“You heard me.”, Fernando tells her. “Marco, get Angie to put her in a chair and take your cyborg out of here.

“Alright Angie. Lets go.”, Marco says as he starts walking away.

“I did good, Marco?”, Angie says as she trots up to him.

“You did great…”, Marco tells her, followed by the rear door slamming shut.

Fernando walks up to Tammy who was still on the floor. He grabs her by her handcuffed wrists and the back of the collar of her blouse and lifts her up onto her two feet. She tries to complain but he pushes her towards one of the living room chairs before lifting her up again and sits her down on the arm chair.

She finally gets a chance to complain, “What is this about?!!”

“If I can undo the Immortality pill I gave you, I would.”, he says to her in an angered tone.

“What? Why?!!”, Tammy yells at him.

“Maybe if you can’t see why, then maybe we should not be married.”, Fernando tells her.

“What are you saying! I Love You!!!”, Tammy yells back at him.  

“The hell with that. Now, where did you shoot Anne at?”, he asks her.

“At the Farmer’s Market not far from the coliseum.”, she answers dejectedly.

“Where as in what part of the body you hit!”, he yells at her.

She tries not to cry as she answers, “I hit her several times in the chest.”

“Then she’s not dead.”, he says quietly.

“What do you mean, she’d not dead?”, she asks.

“A nine-millimeter round goes through the body, not stop at the point of impact. Two, Cyborgs have some level of internal anti-ballistic protection. So unless you have a .50 caliber rifle or a 20 millimeter anti-aircraft gun, you’re not hurting her. And the cyborg’s weakest point where they can be killed is the eyes.”, Fernando tells her.

“But she bled out!”, Tammy yells at him.

“The bathrobes in my house at the cafe has a red gelatin layer that makes it looks like the bullet penetrated and I’m bleeding out while the bullet proof layers stops the bullets! In Theater its called a Squib! She can have the same thing under her clothes, making it look like she was hit and bleeding!”, he explains. He pauses for a while, then continues by yelling, “Christiano is dead because I splattered his brains across Coliseum Road!”

“They why you shot Anne in the shoulder!”, Tammy yells back.

“Because I wanted her to suffer, that’s why! Even using explosive rounds on her did not slowed her down! DAMN YOU AND DAMN IT ALL!”, he yells at her. They stay quiet for just a second, before he continues again, “Where was she taken?”

“The morgue at St. Lorenzo’s Hospital...”, she answers.

He walks to the back of the hall to the rear door, taking out his cellphone and undoes its fake phone number program before dialing Marco’s cellphone. He opens the rear door and steps outside as he waits for the call to be answered. It is by the fifth ring.

“Hello Marco, who is protecting Anne’s body at St. Lorenzo’s?”, Fernando says as soon as its answered.

“That information is classified by the likes of you.”, Marco answers.

“Look, just listen and listen good. Anne may still be alive!”, Fernando tells him.

“That’s highly unlikely. She bled out.”, Marco argues you back.

“Aren’t cyborgs bullet proof?”, Fernando asks.

“To some extent they are.”, Marco answers.

“Anne’s shoulder was the only place that everyone knows she has such technology implanted in. But I shot her twice, once in each shoulder so both had to be replaced! And if her shoulders were replaced, her spinal column had to be reinforced, and her ribs, and anything else the doctors deemed necessary. Throw in a layer of ballistic protection because they can. Now tell me, did any of Tammy rounds went through Anne?”, Fernando explains and then asks.

“No, they were all found deformed in the vicinity... of... the... penetrating... wound.”, Marco finally realizes what Fernando was telling him. He continues before hanging up, “I have to contact the others, and do not show up at the hospital!”

The phone call is disconnected from his end.

Meanwhile, in the hospital morgue, the doctor looks over the corpse of the female mouse papers on his clipboard labels as ‘Anne, aka Franca the Padania Bomber.’ With some muscle, he was able to put her on the gurney and then onto the examination slab after rolling her into the examination room.

Unzipping the body bag down to her feet, he notices not only was she still fully clothed, but no identification tags were assigned and attached to her body. Along side her was a Ziplock bag of deformed nine millimeter rounds smeared red with blood.

He looks at them suspended in front of his face, saying to himself as he takes a portable tape recorder and presses the record button, “Odd. All this time and the blood has not congealed. Maybe she was a hemophiliac? If so, why endanger one’s life with injury from a criminal life?”

He puts down the bag and tape recorder, looking at her face and her shoulder injury, the hold in her blouse exposing to the mechanicals inside. “Interesting... Internal Prosthesis. Well, lets get this started.”

He picks up a scalpel from the tray of tools next to the examination table, rolling its shaft against the rubber covered fingers of his latex gloves. He bends over her body, grabbing the collar of her shirt with one hand and pulling it taut. His other hands readies the flat edge of the scalpel against the top first button. “Alright Miss, its not like you have anything I have not seen before on other women.”, the blade twists under the button and cuts the treading that held it in place. The button flies out across the room from the pressure of being pulled and cut off from its stitched anchor. A second button pops off and flies like the one before and the blade slides to the third button which was already taught from the pressure her breasts pulled on the shirt.

Sometimes when Rigor Mortis sets in, a dead body becomes fully animated as if it was alive. This time was no exception as the uninjured arm raises up and shoves the hand with the scalpel away. He thinks nothing of it until the body partially sits up and the hand grabs his neck tightly. She continues to sit up on the slab while continuing to hold on fast to his neck.

“I don’t go that far on a first date. Too bad, you ruined your change for a good night date.”, she looks into his eyes, seeing fear in them as he finds breathing almost impossible. Just as impossible as he being unable to pull her hand off his neck no matter how much he struggles. “Don’t worry, this is not going to last that long.”, she tells him. The force of her fingers shoot up a few hundred pounds, snapping everything from his larynx to his spinal column. His body suddenly goes limp before she drops him gently into the floor.

Walking about the room, Annie finds many things that she can use. A locker room with lockers filled with clothing and personal items she can steal to fulfill her needs. In the corner of the examination room, a scrub area she can clean herself up with. In a quarter of the time it takes to start the examination, she has changed into another female’s clothes and the doctor’s examination coat and identification badges on turned the other way to hide its information but still look official. Gauze, elastic bandages and a large triage sheet around her neck gives her arm support it needs until it can be looked over by her ‘private physician.’

Taking a set of dark glasses, keys and an iPhone from the dead doctor’s pockets, Anne finds an exit in the locker room not connected to the guarded room door. She puts on the glasses before stepping out into the hall. She looks over to the male and female standing by the door down the hall, pretending to look the door.

Making it out onto the hospital parking lot, Anne looks over the keys in her possession. They belong to a Lexus brand automobile, with a built –in alarm remote. She presses on the key’s remote button as she approaches to the four Lexus automobiles in the lot. A beige on in the middle of the lot flashes its lights. She walks to it, grabs its door handle, opens its door, and sits inside. Her only thought, ‘Its not a Mercedes.’

With the engine finally on, she slowly drives out of the parking lot while making a call on the doctor’s cellphone. She disappears into the afternoon.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #125 - Jun 28th, 2012, 12:46am

( I know it needs editin' but it's midnight here an' I'm exhausted. But it is up like promised. This post technically goes before the post above it. In the edited GsB 3 the changes will be made)

Hondo didn’t sleep too soundly as his mind could not escape the harsh possibilities of which the mission at hand could bring. In his dreams he even plotted, planned, an’ played out possible outcomes. Most of which he did not like, but it was so ‘cause of the worry on his mind. Hondo wasn’t a worrier, to speak of, though many times in his life he had every right to worry, but even the most callused of individuals would have worries before such an undertakin’ as this. But even in his worry, only those who knew him well would have known he was worried, an’ those that knew him well were few an’ far between.

Hondo woke from sleep with a jolt as if someone had shaken his very soul. He didn’t move at first as he saw no threat nor heard anything out of the ordinary, so he lay still, collecting his thoughts as he lay there.  It took him longer than he liked to gather where he was an’ what was goin’ on, but that was mostly due to stress fatigue.  

Valentine was snuggled up against his side, still asleep. Hondo watched her sleep for a moment. She was at peace in her sleep, as if the deaths of those she seen before and the deaths she knew she’d see to come never happened nor would. He wished for her sake that she never had to face death or deal it out again but he somehow knew it was her destiny and he hoped it would be beside him. Whether with him or with others he prayed it would never be against him. He already had to kill or be killed by one woman he had cared about, an’ she wasn’t the first that had tried to kill him or have him killed in one way or another. Another would probably destroy any heart he had left.

Hondo slowly pulled away from the sleepin' Valentine, being careful not to wake her a he did so.  She groaned a bit an' burrowed herself deeper into the pillows an' blankets as he did so, but she did not wake.  He sat up an’ watched her sleep again for only a moment as he wished once again that he could take this all on himself, but he well knew it couldn't be.

After a minute or so had passed Hondo swung his feet onto the floor an' sat there for a moment. He stared at the floor as he did so, tryin' to collect his thoughts an' force his sleep groggy brain to function at 100%.  After an indiscernible amount of time he finally stood up, streachin' his body as he did so. Though the pill had made him stop agin' he still felt 10 years older than he had before this mission, an' that was fairly old, as though he was young in years he was old in days an' had been hard on his body.  

Once thoroughly stretched he dressed, puttin' on a black bullet resistant t-shirt an' over-shirt, a black western pinch-front oilskin hat, black Kevlar jeans, a bullet resistant leather covered vest,  an' his western boots.  Once dressed he put on an assortment of holsters, pistols, an' knives, mostly all concealed, except his double, drop-leg revolver holster.  

Hondo grabbed up his black duster, rifle, an' shotgun, leaned them by the door, an' then walked over to the bed where Valentine was still nappin'. He shook her shoulder gently as he spoke to her.

Hondo: Val, time ta git up.

Valentine: hmmm?

Hondo: Come on, Mustang. We gotta git ready t'roll.

Valentine:  uhnnn

Valentine rolled away from him an' curled up under the blankets as to say she wasn't ready to get up. Upon turnin' away from him, she exposed her rear to him, which he smacked to get her attention.  This brought a squeak out of her.

Hondo:  It wasn't a request, Mustang.  

Valentine (groggily): You didn't need to smack my butt!

Hondo:  I needed your attention fast. Don't have the time nor inclination t’play 'round.

Valentine: What time is it?

Hondo:  Ten to one. We leave in two hours. I need ta git some of the extra bullet resistant clothes for the rest of the group. I need you ta git your gear ready an' ta dress in the bullet resistant clothes that Fernando an' I gave ya. Be down stairs an' ready in 30 minutes.

Valentine: Why 30 minutes? We have 2 hours, don't we?

Hondo: You’re my partner in this. I need ya ready. Our lives an' the lives of others depend on us knowin' what's goin' on, what needs done, an' how ta do it. Ifin either one of us doesn't know what's goin' on how can we expect to help the other or even survive? Also, I need you to not question what I say. Ifin ya have a question on what needs done or how ta do it, ask now as there might not be a later, other than that don't question me. Only one can lead an' I was given that job. Ya want us both ta survive? Then ya must not question me. Don't ask just do.    

Valentine:  I didn't mean anythin' by that.

Hondo: I know ya didn't an' I'm not tryin' ta be mean. I'm tryin' to see we both live an' that this mission is accomplished. We fail then not only will we most likely be dead, or wish we were dead, but many others will die, most more innocent an' undeservin' of death than we are.

Valentine: How do we deserve to die?

Hondo: Those who live by the sword perish by it. We might be tryin' ta do good an' help people, but when ya make a livin' like we do it's only a matter of time.

Valentine: What about that pill an' bein' immortal?

Hondo: It only prolongs the possible time an' the amount of pain ya'll endure gettin' to that time, but it still comes down ta time.  

Hondo grabbed up his rifle, shotgun, an' coat as he opened the door.

Hondo: Downstairs in 30.

Hondo then headed into the hall, shuttin' the door behind him. He walked slowly, but deliberately downstairs where he set his long guns an' coat on the table. Hillshire was on the couch nappin’, but Triela woke him when Hondo entered the area. Hillshire looked around an’ rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Hondo looked at them for a moment, an’ then turned away without sayin’ a word.  

Hondo headed towards the basement door as Jeanie appeared at the top of the stairs.

Jeanie: Hondo, do you need help down there?

Hondo: Just need your coat size an’ that of your body guards.

Jeanie: I will write them down.

Jeanie came down into the kitchen area an’ grabbed a pen an’ sticky note from beside the phone. Once she had the sizes written down she handed them to Hondo.

Jeanie: If you don’t have these sizes my guards can go one size up. I can go one size up or down.

Hondo: Be right back.

While Hondo disappeared into the basement to get the clothes an’ some other items Hillshire made a call to HQ to see if Fernando’s mission had been reported yet, an’ Jeanie went back upstairs to assemble her guards an’ their weapons.

After Hondo left the room Valentine laid in bed for 5 more minutes to gather her own thoughts. She had never been overly emotional, but this mission tried her ability to block overly emotional responses.  She felt the little girl in her wantin’ to cry from Hondo’s gruff, semi-harsh ways, an’ the feminist in her wantin’ to tell him who’s the boss. But, her sensibility won over. She knew he was right an’ only wanted to protect her. She also knew he needed her. Not just as a partner or back-up, but he needed her to be supportive, in his emotions which he had a hard time showin’, an’ in his decisions. The world had often been against him, as it had been for her at times. She knew he needed that one special person to be there on his side, no matter his decisions, even if the world was against him. She knew that was all he wanted in a woman; a partner to stand with him through thick an’ thin. She so wanted to be that woman, but she struggled to be that loyal an’ trustin’ at times. She knew she trusted him, an’ she felt it was a complete trust for the most part. Her problem was her curiosity an’ a drive to know. She knew she had already blown the “standin’ by her man” already twice today. She was determined to not make it three times.  

Valentine had been fairly self reliant an’ had kept to herself most of her life, though she was always friendly. Some would say she had many friends, but most were just good acquaintances. She had very few good friends, but that never bothered her, until her father disappeared an’ was presumed dead. It was only then that she felt completely alone, even after all she had been through before. With Hondo she did not feel alone, but nothin’ was like it used to be. Now instead of bein’ with her father, few friends, or alone in the background, she was thrust into the forefront of somethin’ that mattered on a national if not global scale, with a group of folks she barely can call acquaintances. Instead of havin’ to one to call her own an’ talkin’ over things with her father before decidin’ what she wanted to do, now she has someone that needs her to stand tall with him, listen to his an’ his friends barked orders, an’ do what she’s told right then without question. Instead of safe at home she is now in a strange land where a failed or questioned order can mean her death, the death of the one she loves, an’ possibly the death of many more, a few she knows many she don’t. All this added to the turmoil of thoughts, fears, an’ anxieties in her mind, but all of a sudden a voice from years back parted the clouds in her mind. It was the voice of her father tellin’ her to clear her mind of things that didn’t matter an’ focus on the task at hand, much like he used to do when he taught her how to fly. Like Hondo often did, she shook her head to clear the mess of thoughts outta the way of the thoughts that needed to be there.

Valentine hopped outta the bed, threw on a bathrobe, an’ trotted to one of the bathrooms. She could hear Jeanie talkin’ to one of her men across the hall as she walked. Once in the bathroom, she freshened up, did her business an’ left, takin’ less than 10 minutes to complete all that she needed to do. Once done there she walked briskly back to her shared room.

Once in the room, she quickly brushed her hair, assembled her weapons, put on the bullet proof, t-shirt, over-shirt, an’ vest she had, put on a pair of black Levis she had an’ threw on her black leather motorcycle chaps as they were thick so they should help in a close fight. She was dressed, armed, an’ headed downstairs with her shotgun an’ duster over her arm in 10 minutes. She knew what she had to do, set her mind to focus on the task at hand, an’ locked up her emotions as best she could. Marie Valentine Patterson was ready for war, or at least she hoped she was.

Jeanie caught a glimpse of valentine returnin’ to her room as she talked to her guards. She told her men to put together the .45 1911’s Fernando had loaned them, as they were cleanin’ them again whether they needed it or not, then meet her downstairs. After they acknowledged that they would do so she turned an’ headed back towards the stairs. Now, it’s not that she tries to sneak up on anyone, but years of hard livin’, trainin’, an’ lookin’ for a news scoop left her with the habit of walkin’ softly without even thinkin’ of it. She knew she did it, but didn’t think of it until it paid off. Had it been Fernando or Hondo on the phone, or had Triela not been watchin’ TV she would never had gotten that close to overhear Hillshire as he finished up on the phone. She didn’t even think to listen what he was sayin’ until she heard Fernando’s name. It was then she stopped, stood still, an’ listened.

Hillshire: You have Fernando in custody? What if Hondo finds out, or the oriental friend of his? . . .  I’m not saying anything to them. . .  I understand. Need to know info. . . Yes sir. . .  What about Tammy? How did they lose her? . . . Well, hopefully one of our teams find her before someone shoots her.  . . I understand, sir. . .  Alright. . .I need to go. He could walk in at any moment. . . Yes sir. I’ll keep you informed. . .  Let me know if I need to hold them too. . .  Yes sir. Good bye.

Jeanie stood still for several minutes before she silently walked back to her room. She checked on her men findin’ them just finishin’ up. She did not tell them what was said but told them she did not trust the SWA man Hillshire that was in the house an’ told them she wanted an inconspicuous eye kept on him. They nodded an’ followed her downstairs to the table. There they sat an’ loaded the special ammo that Fernando gave them to use in the 1911 if the need arose. Hillshire noticed their handlin’ ammo, got up from the couch, where he returned after his phone call, an’ walked over to the table.

Hondo returned from the basement after bein’ down there almost 20 minutes to find Jeanie, her men, loadin’ 1911 mags with ammo at the kitchen table. Hillshire was standing beside the table as Hondo entered the room.

Hillshire: Can I get a look at one of those rounds.

Hondo threw the coats Fernando had promised Jeanie onto the table an’ Jeanie’s men looked at Hondo for an answer to Hillshire’s question.

Hondo (growled):  I told ya earlier, talk to Fernando after this is over. Ifin I see ya grab even one round I’ll cut your damned fingers off an’ shove the bloody pieces up your nose.

Hillshire: Don’t you threaten me.

Hondo: I’ll threaten whomever I damn well please! When Fernando an’ Tammy are not here I’m in charge of this house an’ I am in charge of this mission too. You steal from Fernando you are stealin’ from me. I nail thieves’ hides to barn doors. You don’t want to piss me off.

Hillshire: Or what? Are you forgetting my cyborg?

Hondo: No. You want to try somethin’? Well, let me tell ya how it plays out. I’m fast, these folks at the table are almost as fast as me, which even though it’s slower than Fernando its fast enough. Before you could blink I’ll have shot you an’ these fine lookin’ gentlemen at the table will have your girly gun shot down. Now even ifin she does kill me I can guarantee 2 things. One, neither of you will live, an’ two I’ll be back. You think Fernando is hard to get rid of? Well, you don’t want ta even start with me.

Hillshire looked at him long an’ hard, unsure what to do. Triela was still watchin’ TV an’ was apparently oblivious to the events at hand, almost like she had grown overly comfortable in this place as if it was her own room. After a long uncomfortable silence Hillshire sighed an’ sat down in an unoccupied chair.

Hillshire: I have no wish to start anything, though I don’t see what the big deal is. I’m sure it’s no national secret.

Hondo: True, but it is Fernando’s an’ he has not given us permission to give it to you. Remember our conversation earlier? You have those you must be loyal to, right? I have no one I must be loyal too, but I choose to be loyal to Fernando. You can steal from me an’ I’ll be pissed off. You steal from my friends an’ I’ll not only be unimaginably angry, but will stop at nothin’ to right the wrong.

Hillshire: I guess I don’t understand that kind of loyalty.

Hondo: I didn’t expect you to.  

Hillshire: What does that mean?

Hondo: Do you have a friend that would give his life to protect you an’ you’d do the same for?

Hillshire: No.

Jeanie: That was a quick answer.

Hillshire scowled at her.

Hondo: Then you would not understand. It’s nothin’ one can be taught. Now we have a mission here in a bit. I want the vehicles loaded in the next 30 minutes.

Valentine: What vehicle are we takin’?

They all looked up at Valentine as she stood on the stairs half way point.

Hondo: Almost 30 minutes to the minute, eh?

Valentine: I was listenin’ to your conversation there for a minute. I didn’t want to enter in case you needed backup.

She looked at Hillshire as she said the last sentence an’ he looked at the floor with a frown in response.

Hondo: hmm.  Well, we’ll take the truck. ‘Fraid anythin’ else might get damaged. Wouldn’t notice it on this rig. (turnin’ to the other) I want to move out in 1 hour from now. Jeanie, will you be takin’ your car or do ya need a loaner for a pull out vehicle?

Jeanie: We will take my limo.

Hondo: ok, just keep it outta site until needed.  I know she’s bullet proofed, but the sight of it will arouse suspicion.

Jeanie: I understand.

Hondo: Hillshire, You have your own car, right.

Hillshire: yes but . . .

Hondo: Good you can take that then.

Hillshire looked a bit annoyed at bein’ cut off but Hondo didn’t care. Hondo needed a quiet ride there an’ wanted to spend time with Valentine alone again. IT could be just the stress but he had a naggin’ feelin’ that things were not gonna go as planned.

Hondo: Alright, we all know what needs done.  

Everyone nodded their understandin’ an’ set to tasks at hand.  

Valentine set her coat down on the table an’ laid her shotgun on it. Hondo stood there watchin’ her but her eyes didn’t meet his for several seconds. When she finally looked up into his eyes he still stared silently at her.  

Valentine: What?

Hondo: Nothin’. Just gettin’ a good look at ya.

Valentine: Don’t worry. You’ll see a lot of this face in the years to come. More than ya bargained for.

Hondo: you’ll get tired of mine before I’ll grow tired of yours, believe you me.

Hondo reached into his back pocket an’ pulled out two leather items an’ handed them to her.

Valentine: What are these?

Hondo: Ropers wrist guards. They are good for other things, though. They give your wrists added support for pistol shootin’ an’ are great to deflect knives or clubs in close fights too.  

Valentine stretched up on her toes, since she was almost a foot shorter than Hondo, an’ gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

Valentine: Thanks. I know I haven’t been there for ya, standin’ with ya, like I should have been, but I’m workin’ on it. I promise I won’t let ya down today. I’ll be there, even when I don’t like nor agree with your call. I trust you, an’ I know I’ve been lousy at showin’ ya that I do. I have a lot to learn I guess.

Hondo: We all have a lot to learn. Admittin’ it is half the battle. You’re all I got in this. I don’t trust the SWA to do anythin’ but cover their own asses. Jeanie will help ifin she’s needed but she’s only in case we screw up. It’s us against the world. You ready?

Valentine: As I’ll ever be,

Hondo: Good. Lets git ‘er done.

Everyone worked quickly, gettin’ things together an’ in the vehicles. Everyone looked over their maps an’ things were double an’ triple check as to Hondo’s orders.  The hour went by quickly, but things were prepared as were the group well before they had to leave.

Jeanie contemplated tellin’ Hondo what she had overheard several times. She wanted to let him know, but at the same time she knew he didn’t need any more on him at this time. She would tell him after an’ make sure the SWA would not capture Valentine or Hondo.

The hour hit upon which Hondo said they would leave. He had been very quiet for the last hour other than givin’ an order here or there or answerin’ the occasional question. When it was time he said nothin’. He just stood up from the chair where he had sat to rest for a minute, put on his coat, pulled out his truck keys, shut off lights in the house, grabbed his guns, an’ headed to the door. The others did not need promptin’. They all grabbed up what they were gonna carry with them an’ followed. Once everyone was outside Hondo locked an’ secured the house.

Once at the vehicles, they gathered for one last quick meetin’ before the mission.

Hondo: Ok, we all know what needs done. Jeanie, once we get there, get one of your guys in a good spot to watch what’s going on. The rest of your group is to stay well back. Turn on your radios but maintain radio silence unless Valentine or I break it. Understand?

Jeanie: Yes, Hondo, we understand. If you call we’ll be there.

Hondo: Hopefully you will not hear from us. Hillshire, I want you to help them into a good spot , meet with the SWA back-up team then meet us at the far end of the alley off to the west of the buildin’ just short of where Jeanie’s team will be.

Hillshire: What are you doing?

Hondo: Valentine an’ I will head out first an’ we are going to speed a bit. I have a fuzz buster that will shield us from police detection. You two are to maintain legal speed. I want no attention drawn to you two. I will be careful to draw as little attention as possible, myself. I am goin’ to try o find a vantage point ta overlook the buildin’. I want to observe it myself for a bit. El Jefe Grande is a rotten, slippery snake. He will have 2 or more escape routes planned. I know the guy, He’ll be the first to ditch, but what seems like the obvious way that he’s escapin’ will only be a diversion. If it seems obvious expect for him to have gone another direction. Since you an’ Triela are only backin’ us up keep an eye out for him to rabbit on us. ‘cause he will.  

Hondo didn’t say another word nor wait for any questions or comments. He swung himself into his truck an’ started the big diesel. It roared to life an’ he revved it a few times, lettin’ the turbo spin up. Valentine sprinted to the passenger door an’ leapt in, barely getting’ the door shut before Hondo hit first gear. Hondo’s truck took off in a light cloud of diesel smoke, an’ the squeal of tires. His tires didn’t stop squealin’ until he hit 3rd gear. The truck took off down the highway like a bat outta hell. The steely look on Hondo’s face as he drove was one to make even the most stout-hearted lad back down. He was ready to charge hell with a bucket of water an’ win.

« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2012, 12:54am by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #126 - Aug 16th, 2012, 11:41pm

OOC: Alright, it's not a full post. I'm still workin' on the actual mission post. This is just character interaction before the mission. the next post will contain the mission at hand. :BIC

Hillshire shook his head as he watched Hondo's truck disappear. Jeanie looked at him with a questionin' raised eyebrow.

Hillshire: Damned American cowboy.

Jeanie: Be careful what you say next. He is Fernando's friend and that makes him mine as well. He is no Fernando but he is good at what he does.

Hillshire: But what he does isn't very nice?

Jeanie: Excuse me?

Hillshire: Just a line from an American comic book character.  

Jeanie: I know of whom you speak. Hondo reminds me of him too, but what Hondo does is necessary.

Hillshire: Maybe so, but that cowboy is going to get himself killed and us along with him.

Jeanie: Himself maybe, but others he will not. He'd even sacrifice himself for you if he was needed to, even though it'd be a waste.

Hillshire: Pardon?

Jeanie: You heard me. Also, stop calling him a cowboy.  

Hillshire: But his is, is he not?

Jeanie: He is, but you say it in a derogatory way. He is more than a cowboy. He is a man. A man of which likes you could only hope to be.

Hillshire: I thought you didn't like him. I heard you even called him a stupid cowboy. So why stick up for him?

Jeanie: He has proved himself to be more. He pulls off this mission and he'll have my trust and respect, as he should have yours. So what about you? I thought you would have some respect for him after what he and Fernando have done in the past.

Hillshire: If I didn't have any respect I wouldn't be here. What bothers me is that these Americans seem to get special treatment. I'm part of the local government here. I should be leading this and have extra back-up. Hondo should be doing what I say. Instead I am told I am to help these Americans and let them lead,

Jeanie: I might be Asian, but I spent a lot of time in America. I don't like you and want to hear no more talking bad about my friends or their country.

Hillshire: Alright, so we know we don't like each other, fine. But we have a job to do. Shall we go?

Jeanie: After you.

Hillshire frowned at her but said no more. He signaled for Triela to get into the car. She did so an' he followed suit. Jeanie stood an' watched until they were both in their car an' the engine was runnin' before she moved. She nodded to her men an' walked over to her own car. Her driver opened the door for her to get in. She nodded, entered the car an' sat down. Less than a minute later the limo pulled out of the drive behind Hillshire’s Mercedes 500sel station wagon an' headed down the road at about 120 kilometers per hour. The driveway gate shut behind them as they left leavin' the safe house locked up properly to await their return.  

Jeanie looked at her watch. They had 2 hours before they needed to be there, but she figured they should make it in 1 hour and 20 minutes at the current pace. She sat back into her seat and closed her eyes to clear her own mind. She had not planned on this stressful or eventful of a time when she first followed Fernando here, but since she was here she was glad she could help.  

Hondo an' Valentine speed down the road at approximately 180 kilometers per hour. Though Hillshire and Jeanie's group left only 5 minute later Hondo was already almost 10 miles out when they started his way. Hondo figured that 50 minutes more would see them there, as they had to slow down close to town as there was more traffic to contend with.

Inside the truck the only noise was that of the engine an' the road under them. Neither of them said a word, which was fine by Hondo as he didn't know what to say to her and he had the mission on his mind. For Valentine, it seemed like a painful eternity as she wanted to say so much to him an' have him say certain things to her, but she didn't want to push him.

It was a good 25 minutes before the silence was broke between them.

Hondo: Val, I know you know how to handle yourself, but I need you at the top of your game today.

Valentine: I will be.  

Hondo: Good. Know that it's alright to be scared but it's not alright to let it direct your actions.  

Valentine: The only thing I'm scared of is failin' you.

Hondo: You won't fail me. I know the last time you locked up some. It's partly my fault. Just don't let your emotions take charge. Think fast an' keep movin'.

Valentine: How is it your fault?

Hondo: I didn't help prepare ya enough. Ya're still a greenhorn at this, for lack of a better term, cloak an' dagger game. I also knew ya were "thrown off yur horse" so to speak. Ya couldn't get back on in time. No one ever gets totally used to this shit, but those of us that have done it longer get used to bein' able to shake off bad rounds an' hide personal fears an' emotions. Not that it's easy nor are ya able to keep your emotions outta it 100% of the time, especially on a mission like this.

Valentine: You mean . .?

Hondo: Laurie, Ann, El Grande (Hector), an' this whole mess. That’s why I need you at your best. Emotions make ya vulnerable in a fight. The best way to go into a fight is dispassionate 'bout those there but generally pissed off. Not angry, hateful, worried, or any other emotion. If you care for me an' let it change your judgment in there that will weaken your judgment.

Valentine: I understand, but what 'bout you?

Hondo: You mean Laurie?

Valentine: Yeah

Hondo: That's why I need you at your best.

Valentine: 'Cause your feelin's for her will hurt your judgment or speed of action?

Hondo: No, but 'cause I don't know how it'll effect me.

Valentine: What 'bout us?

Hondo: Us, as in?

Valentine: You said you cared 'bout me. I know you want to wait until this mission is over to see if there is somethin' lastin' between us, but how will my bein' there effect you?

Hondo: I'm hopin' it will negate any past feelin's that surface 'bout her. An' don't worry 'bout us. Ifin I had not seen anythin' lastin' between us I'd not given you that bio-life pill nor would you share my bed or even be involved in this mission.

Valentine: But what 'bout what you said earlier today 'bout bein' friends even if we don't make it?

Hondo: I meant it, but it's not for me that I said that.

Valentine: Who then?

Hondo: You. I left you an out in our relationship. I want to wait until after this is over so you can decide with a clear mind. I already decided a while back.

Valentine: When?

Hondo: Somewhere between the flash of anger in your eyes in the bar when I didn't help ya with the fist fight an' the scared, hurtin' look in your eyes when I picked ya up off the pavement an' carried ya to me truck.

Valentine: but how? I wasn't sure until we were sittin' by that creek an' even still question myself after that.

Hondo: You still question yourself?

Valentine: No, Yes!, uh I don't know! Honestly, I know I want to be with you, but we've been together such a short time. Everythin' in me says yes except that logical part of my mind that says you can't know someone or fall in love that fast. But honestly, how did you know?

Hondo: The eyes are the gateway to the soul. I'm part Native American, ya know. They say the Native American man has a gift for readin' the soul. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but I seem to be able to. In those brief moments that I looked into your eyes I saw the woman ya are an' the child ya were. Is it the total bein' of who ya are? No, but I saw enough to know there was someone to ride the river with.

Valentine: I don't know what to say.

Hondo: Ya don't need ta say anythin'.

Valentine: I wish I was gifted like you.

Hondo: No ya don't. Besides ifin ya were like me we might not get along. Similarities bring people together, but it's the differences in them that keep them together. The differences keep a relationship interestin', as long as they don't make ya go head ta head, that is.

Valentine: So, are ya sayin' ya love me?

Hondo: No, but yes. What I'm sayin' is I care for ya, deeply.  

Valentine: But you just said . . .

Hondo: I know! I have decided on my part, but until this is over . . . look, I know we held each other, an' kissed, an' shared some very intimate times together in the last couple days. I shouldn't have let it happen. It was selfish of me. I let my emotions get the better of me. Ifin ya still want me after this is over, an' I don't mean the minute it’s over, I mean in a month or 2 after it's over. Ifin after ya've had time to come to terms with what we have an' will do here, relax, rest up, heal up, visit home, whatever ya need ta do to feel that some normality is back in your life an' ya don't see me as some monster for what must be done here, then if you still want me I'll be there waitin' for you. If that time comes I will be there with open arms to tell ya want ya want to hear, not 'cause ya want it but 'cause I'll mean it. Then I too can find peace 'bout us.

Valentine: You don't have peace about us now?

Hondo: I've been told by supposed men of God, medicine men, gypsies, an' gambler that I was destined for a lonely life, without love, an' those that said they loved me or cared will either realize they don't, die, or are lyin' to trap me.  

Valentine: I'd never try to trap ya or sell ya out!  

Hondo: I believe that, an' ya technically can't die on me, though ya can be outta commission for a while.

Valentine: So that leaves . . . oh. So ya think I might realize I don't care about ya or love ya after this is over. But I do love you an’ . . an’ . . .  

Hondo: It's a possibility. But it doesn't matter at the moment.

Valentine (sigh): I know. I just can't believe that we're now goin' to finish what we all came here to do.

Hondo: I know. It don't seem ta settle in until you’re in the middle of it or done. Just don't let the emotion of it stop you.  

Valentine: But what if I make a wrong decision about somethin'?

Hondo: The most important thing is when ya make a decision, follow it through. Stoppin' mid decision ta think it over will only cause ya to mess up worse or get killed. It makes ya stop too long. Sometimes ya hafta tweak a plan as you see it's not workin' but changin' mid stride is not a good thing unless you already know exactly what ta do an' how to transition. Ifin ya hafta think 'bout either of those, don't change, just do.

Valentine: Okay, I'll try to remember that.  

They rode in silence for a few minutes longer. Hondo did not intend on goin' off into that conversation but sometimes things present themselves that ya don't plan on or hope will not happen but when they do ya just hafta roll with the punches. Valentine broke the silence this time.

Valentine: So you think El Grande will run?

Hondo: I know he will. He doesn’t care 'bout anyone but himself.

Valentine: That goes for most folks in the crime world.

Hondo: Most, yeah. Carin' for another, loyalty, honor, it's all seen as a weakness to men like Hector Hatfield an' his ilk.  

Valentine: I wonder about the SWA, too.

Hondo: How so?

Valentine: I see how they treat you, Fernando, me, all of us on this mission. They act like we're the bad guys, but it seems like they are the bad guys. Are they even gonna back us up or are they gonna help us then shoot us at their earliest possible moment?

Hondo: They will help us. After it's over they may want to shoot us, but they are scared. They still don't understand how Fernando is here. The agency double lie we tried sellin' to them pacified them but I'm not sure they believe it 100%. They know if somehow Fernando did come back that even ifin we can't do the same he'll kill them all without mercy.

Valentine: He would do that?

Hondo: I'm surprised you question that, but I guess you don't know him like I do. Don't you worry; just stick to the plan an' all will be well. Your guns all loaded?

Valentine: Yes.

Hondo: Good. Now remember, the guards should be normal men. Use your regular ammo on them. Ifin they act like it doesn't bother them smoke them with one to the head an' chest with the depleted uranium rounds. That will take them out no matter what they are. Laurie and Hector are a different story. I don't know ifin Laurie has any cybernetic parts or not, but she is on a mind control drug of sorts. She still acts on her own, but it makes her loyal to the giver. It may also make her hard to shoot. I will try to take her out myself, but ifin ya get a clear shot first take it. This is not for revenge, remember, though it will revenge loved ones for each of us. This is an extermination.

Valentine (sighs): Yeah, I know. I had wanted you to save El Grande for me, but you’re right. It doesn't matter who kills them as long as they are dead.

Hondo: Right. Now look at the maps for me an' give me a good route to get 'round the back of the buildin' opposite the warehouse. I don't want to go straight there, that way will be watched. We are 15 minutes from there. We need to get there as unseen as possible an' take a look before Jeanie gets here.

Valentine: Alright, I see some alleys that might get us there that they should not expect anyone to approach from.

Hondo: Alright, which way?

18 minutes later  Hondo an' Valentine climbed out of the truck an' made their way to the top of an adjacent buildin' without bein' seen by anyone else other than an early SWA spotter. He figured he was probably recognized but he also knew there was to be no shootin' until the word was given.  They would be safe. . . for now.

« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2012, 10:22pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #127 - Aug 24th, 2012, 2:26pm

A coded knock on the door allows it to be opened. An old man in a white shirt, black pants and  a leather apron stands behind the open door, telling the younger man in a suit and a suitcase to enter. The younger man enters the tenement apartment, the smell of aged rank and filth permeates through the place, a building from three or four hundred years of age. The old man closes and locks the door, turning round to the younger man.

“She’s in the other room. Just follow me, Dr. Bianchi.”, the old man tells him.

The younger man follows him down a hallway that makes up the place which several rooms connect to it; a large space as a living room, a kitchen with a small dining area, a bathroom with a tub and toilet install when the building had inside plumbing over 100 years ago, a bedroom, and then a second bedroom which they walk inside.

Parting the curtains that makes up its door to the bedroom, they find a large bed , a small folding serving table with surgeon’s tools on it, an open bottle of a clear liquid on it and a wet handkerchief. On the bed was a blond mouse with her blouse torn at the shoulder and forceps holding back the skin to a very large wound.

“We don’t have much time, Dr. Bianchi. The Ether should be wearing off in less than an hour.”, the old man tells him.

Dr. Bianchi puts the suitcase on the on the bed, opens it to reveal a new shoulder ball joint and tools to work with it. He takes his time putting on his lab coat and glove stored in the suit case. The last thing he puts on is a plastic visor that covers his face entirely. He walks along the length of the bed, looking at the patient and then at her wound. A couple of fingers at the side of the neck registers a strong pulse. The gaping wound showed extensive damage to the shoulder ball joint. He reaches inside the bag and takes out a tool without looking, applying to the wound, reaching down into the arm until a loud snapping is heard, followed by a whirring sound.

Six inches of the metal down the arm is pull on until it sticks out of the wound. Another tool goes into the wound, separating the metal collar bone from the should ball joint. Once room is made, the shoulder ball joint is removed. Dr. Bianchi looks at it, seeing the deformity just below the head of the shoulder ball joint. Dr. Bianchi reaches into the wound and pulls out the a plastic and steel cup ball retainer, also deformed making its entrance more like a ‘C.’

With items in hand, he looks for a place to put them down. The old man looks at him with a towel stretched across hands.

“Put them here. I’ll take care of them.”, the old mad tell him.

Without thinking, he puts the items on the towel, the old man take them away. He then takes the new shoulder assembly in his hand and spins the shaft on the socket, testing it for travel and smoothness.

Putting it in the shoulder cavity and fastening it to the rest of the cybernetic components takes a few minutes, with testing of its connection inside and travel of the arm to the shoulders, minor adjustments were made to it before the open flesh was closed up. The skin was patched with a square piece in the brief case. A little glue and solvent put with it seals the patch in place. Except for a little wrinkling, it looks like her natural skin.

Dr. Bianchi turns to face the old man, “Where can I wash up, the bathroom perhaps?”

The old man nods as he points to the hall. Dr. Bianchi heads to the hall and towards the bathroom. He take his time washing himself up in the surgeon’s style of working the soap and scrub brush from under his fingernails down to halfway onto his forearms, creating a good lather in the process. He rinses off as timely as he took to lather up, taking his time to do a through job. Hs does not know that the old man was securing a few tools from his tool case for themselves, replacing them with similar weighing objects from an automotive tool kit.

When done he heads back to the bedroom where the old man and the patient was. The old man was already at the doorway with an black attaché case loaded with euros in medium to high denominations.

“One million euros, plus a little extra for a work well done.”, the old man  says as he puts a brick of 500 denomination euros inside Dr. Bianchi’s lab coat.  He continues, “The lady would like you to stay and wait for her to wake up. She has something else to offer you, a position in her company I believe it is. You would be well paid, more than you would ever receive in an advanced medical career with the government.”

“I will think about it, but right now I have to go.”, Dr. Bianchi says.

“If you like, I could drive you to where you have to go.”, the old man tells him.

“No, but thank you. Let me get my surgeon’s case and I’ll be on my way.”, Dr. Bianchi states.

The old man gets the case from the table and hands it to him, saying, “Have it your way then.” Then he starts leading him to the exit door at the end of the hallway.

Without saying a word, Dr. Bianchi steps out of the apartment and down the stairs from which he came. After the passing of a couple of floors, Dr. Bianchi steps out onto the foyer and then the outside steps of the run down neighborhood. He walks the couple of blocks to his car.

He stops by the driver’s door, putting down the cases he was carrying containing money and tool on the ground, he fumbled for his keys. It takes about a minutes for him to find the keys to his 1999 Masserati Quartovalvole. The sound of him putting the key into the key hole sounded too much like a gun being readied to fired. He freezes in place for a second, sneaking his free hand into his lab coat where he kept a hand gun in. Then he recognizes the voice behind him.

“I would advise you to turn around slowly, Dr. Bianchi.”, Ferro tells him from behind.

He stands up from being hunched over in turning his car key in the door and puts the key in his pocket as he faces her, finding that Ferro was not alone. Marco stood next to her with Angie at his side. Her Beretta 9mm pointed at him

“What is she doing here?”, Dr. Bianchi asks.

Marco step up to him, taking him by the wrist, turning him around and pushing him against his car, “You’re being put under arrest.” The handcuffs tie his wrists together, before being frisked. Marco pulls out the brick of 500-euros out, showing it at Ferro. She nods at him before putting the brick of paper money to his face. She takes and opens his surgical case and opens it, finding automotive repair tools inside.

“This is interesting...”, Ferro says as she shows the contents of the case to Marco. Bianchi turns around to see what they were talking about, seeing the car tools in his case. “Is this what they use to repair the cyborgs with?”, she continues.

“That’s the case, but those are automotive tools that were put in. I’ve seen the emergency surgery kits many times before, those are not the tools. See how they do not exactly fit the molded tool areas?”, Marco explains. He picks up the other case, opening it and finding the load of cash inside. “My. This would not be your retirement package.”, he taunts the doctor.

Dr. Bianchi decides to remain silent but Ferro does not, “Where is she?”

Dr. Bianchi continues to remain quiet.

“Don’t give me reason to make you give up answers, doctor.”, Marco tells him, “I already too many lost to the likes of those scumbags. Now, where is she.”

“I know my rights.”, Dr. Bianchi snaps at him.

“Padania members have no rights.”, Marco tells him, “Now, how would you like me to take out those answers, or should I have Angie do it for me?”

“That’s police brutality!”, Dr, Bianchi almost yells out. It was followed by a hard slap by at the ear which knocks him down.

“I will treat you just like any other criminal terrorist. Consider yourself lucky that you are not on the Termination list, or Angie would have put in you what ever how many bullets it takes to take you down. But if you dont cooperate I might have her put a couple of rounds in you!”, Marco lets out at him.

“We need him alive.”, Ferro reminds Marco.

“He’ll be alive, I promise you that. I will have him ready for interrogation and admitting everything.”, Marco tells her.

“Make sure he is a able to speak when we take him in for interrogation.”, Ferro reminds him.

“Wait a minute!”, Dr. Bianchi complains from the floor, “That’s police brutality! I know my rights! “

“Angie.”, Marco tells her, “Give me your gun and shut him up.”

She does as she is told, handing over her Berretta 9mm to her handler, and then pounces on Dr. Bianchi, pummeling him with titanium reinforced fists. Even though he learns to shut up after a couple of minutes of being beaten, Angie continues until he passes out. Then she gets off him.

“Thank you Angie.”, Marco tells her as he hand her back her gun.

“You’re welcomed Marco.”, Angie replies.

“You better hope he wakes up for the interrogation.”, Ferro says in an angered tone.

“Don’t worry. Angie did not killed him, as much as he deserves it.”, Marco says. He then hands over the brief case with the money over to Ferro, then quickly frisks  Dr. Bianchi on the unchecked areas, taking out his personal handgun, wallet, eyeglass case and agency clip on ID Tag. He hands each item to Ferro as they are found.

“Shall I take his Masserati?”, Marco asks.

“No. But give me your smartphone. I’ll program his number and voice onto it, so if they call, you can trick them into a meeting.”, Ferro explains.

Handing the iphone to Ferro, she puts a SIMM Chip into a slot on the side of the device. She then accesses an app* on the SIM Chip and taps on the screen a few times to access various options of the app. She then shuts down the program, removes the SIMM Chip and hands the smartphone over to Marco.

“Dr. Bianchi’s number, contacts from his last back up and voice transforming software are now in your smartphone. Any call that comes in from his database will activate his voice protocols and your voice will speak in his voice. Any calls coming in from your database, including any agency number you two share, will be in your voice when you speak.”. Ferro explains to him.

“Nice.”, Marco says.

“There are a couple of numbers in his database without names, so who knows who they are, and perhaps those we are looking for. Just be careful in what you say and how you say it when speaking with them.”, Ferro tells him.

“Oh I will.”, Marco replies.

- - - - - - - - -
*Note: App, short for Application Program or Software Application. It is a program used for adding functions to a digital device.

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2012, 7:07pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #128 - Aug 27th, 2012, 10:32pm

OIC: OK, so this post doesn't contain the mission, but it definitely launches it. been short on time an' it hasn't flowed like I wanted it to. I've rewritten Hondo an' Hillshire's dialog 5 or 6 times. this is the best one so far. So I'm postin' this to keep things goin' an' to keep me from totally rewritin' it again! : BIC

Hondo lay in the shadows with a pair of old field glasses lookin’ over the warehouse. Very little activity was seen. A few guards wandered about on rounds but other than an occasional passin’ vehicle, bicycle or pedestrian all was quiet. The place looked the same as it did last time except for the lack of vehicles outside the warehouse, a few steel panels where there used to be windows, an’ a helicopter on the far side of the roof, partially obstructed from view by a short wall. It was quiet there . . . way too quiet.

Hondo had lain there for a while before Valentine came around the corner, keepin’ low as she came to his side. Valentine had been watchin’ from the far side of the buildin’, keepin’ an eye out for Hillshire an’ Jeanie’s vehicles.  She spoke in a low voice as she approached.

Valentine: They should be here in 5 minutes.

Hondo: Alright, we'd better get down there. Head out. I’ll be right behind ya.

Valentine nodded an’ moved off slowly towards the door that got them up there. Hondo waited a few minutes, watchin’ the surroundin’ area to make sure there was no activity caused by their movement or the approachin’ vehicles. After he was sure things were stable for the moment he moved farther back into the shadows an’ retreated along the same path Valentine took.  

Below, Hillshire an’ Jeanie pull up beside the truck where Valentine stood. Hillshire, Triela, Jeanie, an’ one of her body guards got out of their prospective vehicles an’ approached Valentine.

Hillshire: Where is Hondo?

Valentine: He’ll be along.  

Hillshire: I did not ask when he will be here. Where is he?

From a few yards behind Hillshire came the answer.

Hondo: I’m right here.

Hillshire: You should not sneak up on someone like that at a time like this.

Hondo: You should be more aware of yur surroundin’s at a time like this. Turn yur back to the wrong spot for too long an’ yur dead. Speakin’ of that, why the hell did ya come straight here?  

Hillshire: They are not watching. They are understaffed and the new guards are untrained.

Hondo: Are you a complete idiot?

Hillshire: How dare you call me an idiot!

Hondo: I didn’t call ya anythin’. I asked a question.

Hillshire: I am not an idiot. We have taken down 100 or more of these would be American drug dealers.

Hondo shook his head in disgust.

Hondo: Haven’t ya been listenin’ at these meetin’s we’ve been havin’?

Hillshire: Yes, of course I have listened!

Valentine: Doesn’t sound like you’ve listened.

Hillshire: What do you mean?

Hondo: Hector Hatfield, AKA El Jefe Grande, will not let his guard down. I bet ya 10 to 1 he knows we’re here.  Had ya been more careful we could have kept him in the dark longer or at least peaked his curiosity enough to make him string out some of his help. Yeah, he doesn’t maybe have all the guards he used to have, but he’s a rat. A cornered rat is the most dangerous, believe you me. I killed him once. This same cyborg shit y’all use is what brought him back too! Someone with that kinda money isn’t hidin’ an’ vulnerable. So smarten up or leave.

Jeanie: He knows we are going to come to him. This is his home here. He has the advantage. You would do well to listen.

Hillshire: I am the SWA officer in charge here and I will not be ordered by any of you.

Hondo turned to him, obviously pissed off, an’ walked up to Hillshire. He got right close, face to face with Hillshire so that he could see the veins in Hondo's neck as his muscles tightened. Hondo spoke through grit teeth, in low, harsh tones.

Hondo: I don’t know who ya think ya are or who I am, but git this straight, I don’t care ‘bout you or this little piece of shit country of yurs. I don’t care ‘bout yur problems, successes, fears, loves, hates, friends, or enemies. What I care ‘bout is those folks that came with me, my friends who trust me, an’ takin’ down this son of a bitch an’ his operation! He has taken an’ killed those that I cared for. I will stop at nothin’ to get him. I’ll go through you an’ your whole #$@!in’ country ifin I hafta to see that this bastard is put down like the mad-dog he is!! Now your place is backin’ us up; not leadin’! You back us up an’ you get the honor of tellin’ your boss that this scum in yur country was put down on yur watch an’ any information they have on yur Padania terrorists is now yurs. Ya fail to back us up or hinder us an’ either myself, Fernando, or both of us will tear yur organization down an’ make all y’all wish ya never existed. An' believe you me, you will wish for death but it’ll not come soon enough!

Hillshire (hissed): Are you threatening me?

Hondo: No. Merely statin’ fact. You can know yur place an’ stand with us or ya can stand against us. There is no other choice. All other choices 'sides standin’ with us fit into the “against us” spot. Yur move, Chess Master.

Hillshire: As much as it pains me to say it, I know you are a man of your word. I also would not put it past you or Fernando to take us down again, though you might be surprised how much harder it would be this time. Unfortunately we cannot afford the bad P.R. it would bring us to fight your group and I have been ordered to help you. Just know this. I was given the opportunity to let another group help you. I chose to go with you. I just think I should lead.

Hondo: That is not up for debate. You're back-up an’ will follow the plan that was laid out ifin y’all plan to be a part of this.

Hillshire: Alright. You lead. But hear this, this plan fails and the blood of your group is on your head, not mine. We will back you up the best we can.

Hondo: An’ what proof do I have that you’ll hold up your end an’ not run away or shoot us in the back?

Hillshire: That we will do our part, you will just have to trust us. That we will not shoot you in the back, well, I am not stupid. You have extra back-up with that Asian woman and her men, plus Fernando will ask questions if you do not come back. I need at least one of you two alive to take the blame off of us. As you Americans say, "you can bet your Wellingtons on it."

Hondo: Boots.

Hillshire: What?

Hondo: Boots, you can bet your boots, oh, never mind. I’m trustin’ you then.

Jeanie stepped up an’ cleared her throat.

Jeanie: It is no longer a time for talking.

Hondo: Yeah, yur right. It’s that time. Y’all ready to git dangerous?

Everyone either nodded or voice that they were ready. Hondo stood there for a moment lookin’ from one to another of them.

Hondo: Alright. Jeanie, get a lookout in this buidin’ then get the rest of ya a block over an’ in position for a snatch an’ grab. Take my truck with ya an’ have it ready to bug-out in case of an emergency. Hillshire, we’ll ride with you to the SWA groupin’ spot. We’ll storm the place from there since there is more cover from that approach, as talked ‘bout in our last meetin’. Now, Let’s Go!

« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2012, 10:33pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #129 - Nov 1st, 2012, 8:40pm

Posting tomarow. It will be the last post as far as Fernando's chase is concerned.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15