Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 20th, 2024, 6:02pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times. (Read 76080 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
Reply #100 - Mar 5th, 2011, 11:22pm

From his vantage point, Fernando sees Hondo and Valentine walking to leave the house before the others do when they walk out the door. He just nods at their general direction. Hondo nods back in acknowledgment. He signals with his finger, pointing to Marco and Hillshire as they walked out the door. Fernando just nods back. Once at the rear of the Porsche, Fernando hands them the items they will need: radios, ear pieces, IR Masks, silenced guns and extra magazines. Trench coats were given but not put on. He left the RPG inside the trunk for now. In their non-verbal communications, they understood that what they need to say will be said in the car on the way to the mission.

Fernando looks at this watch. Jeanie and her team leave in their limo.

Fernando: Its time to go. Ladies, take the rear seats. Hondo, you're in front with me.

Hondo nods as he lowers the back of the seat to let the girls in. Tammy goes in first to be behind her husband, Valentine follows after her. Hondo and Fernando remain standing as they watch Marco and Hillshire put their girls into their car.

Marco: We'll follow you.
Fernando: Fine.

They all get into their cars. Engines start and roar to life. Fernando recognizes the growl of the Ferrari V8 under the hood of the Fiat, and bet the rest of the car was mostly done in Ferrari specs with a 4 passenger Fiat body. Back in 1988, the Porsche 928 was the fastest production four passenger car in the market. And though Fernando has kept the Porsche at better then Peek Performance, its been a long time since Porsche had held that title. As engines warmed up, everyone put on their seat belts. Spinning the steering wheel with one hand, Fernando puts the car into gear and slowly pulls into the drive way. Marco follows in the Fiat. For a moment they stayed at the speed limit, Fernando making sure Marco was right behind him but then pulls along side of him. The windows roll down.

Marco (yelling from behind Hillshire): There is no reason to be driving so slow!

Fernando just nods before rolling up the window again. He then revs the engine, pushing the speedometer a bit more. Marco tries to pass him but suddenly the Porsche's engine just roars loudly as Fernando floors the accelerator and passes him in proper fashion. Hillshire nods at Marco and the Fiat lurches back as 450 horses shove rubber to pavement and the dash board metered indicators shift to the right. He catches up to Fernando as they reach the 145mph zone. Though in the last gear, Fernando presses his thumb against the ball of the stick shift, revealing a button underneath. A metal label around the button says, 'Go Baby Go!' The button is pressed and the Porsche roars like a dragon who's tail was stepped on. It quickly disappears into the darkness of the highway, his rear taillights shrink into the distance as Nitrous Oxide is pumped into the combustion chambers.

Hillshire: How fast is he going?
Marco (pointing at the radar gun on his dash): It says he's going over 212 to our 147.
Hillshire: Does he knows that if he cracks up now that no one in that car will survive?
Marco: You actually thinks that he cares?

Back in the Porsche, Hondo glances over to the dashboard, seeing all needles on the dials midway into the red zone. He just sighs as something about this car's set up does not show any signs of tearing itself apart from the stress. Instead he was more interested on why Hillshire and Marco were there. Since getting rid of them, Fernando relaxes on the throttle lets the car to slow down from its high speed.

Hondo: Yo Boss?

Fernando: They said that they had to put up a convincing act for their chief and director but they are more than interested in this mission and have set up their own people at strategic places to observe them and us at the same time. How you want to take that is on you. Right now they are part of this mission whether we like it or not. Might as well use the girls to our advantage.

Valentine: Use the girls? Is there something I should know?

Fernando glances over to Hondo who nods slightly.

Fernando: Long story short, Valentine, those are not little girls as you may think they are. Some would say that they are not even alive. They are cyborgs. Cybernetic organisms created and built by the Italian Government to deal with their internal and domestic disputes with home-grown terrorism. They might look like little girls, but they can rip your arm off and crack your skull with the bloody stump. They are weapons systems for those who train them. The rabbit is Triela. The mouse is Angie. They were little girls once until they were literally brought back from the dead as cyborgs. The men- Marco and Hillshire are their handlers, two of several and they must take care of their girls and make sure that they fit into the public world as they do in their mission roles and weapons training. If they were to target you for a termination mission, consider yourself dead because they are that good.

Valentine: Is that even possible?

Fernando reaches behind his pants pocket and pulls out his wallet before tossing it onto Valentine's lap, opened to his USA Agency ID card.

Fernando: There are many things that governments- here in Italy, back home in the states, or any place around the world that holds secrets that they use to their so-called justified means. If anyone in the public finds out about such secrets, consider yourself dead because they may or may not kill you but they will make you disappear. Being missing is worse than being dead because people will hold hope that one day you would return but never will. So they are torturing you and them at the same time.

Valentine looks at his ID in the wallet and was about to pick it up but Tammy beats her to it, showing off hers for the SWA. Hondo notices the actions in the rearview mirror and speaks for Tammy.

Hondo: I told you that they wuz professionals.

Valentine: What about you?

Fernando speaks before Hondo could.

Fernando: Hondo was drafted into this monkey suit business with my recommendation that he works under me.

Valentine: So is he a government agent like you two?

Fernando: Yes and No.

Valentine: Yes and No?

Fernando: He's hired as a consultant for me. If he want to join the agency after this mission is over, he has my recommendation. Until then, he's unofficially an agent. He does not have the rights and freedoms that I have but they are extended to him though me as they are extended to you.

Valentine: Me? What do you mean?

Fernando: That shoot out at the bar? The police are still looking for you and Hondo to lock up first and ask questions later. And over here there are no speedy trails or police brutality issues to cover for you. But through me, you two do have diplomatic immunity, as long as you behave and do as you been asked to do. I'm not asking anything more than that.

Valentine sighs and sinks into her seat.

Tammy: And if you get into trouble, if its not too much, I could get you out with some agency pull that I have.

Valentine: But... Uhm... you don't look or sound Italian.

Tammy: I'm American.

Valentine: Then how did you get here into this mess?

Tammy: Long story short, those same people we are going after, killed my mother and when the government found my near dead little sister, they made her into one of those cyborgs. It took me almost 1/2 a year to find her and another month to get her back. I been with the agency ever since.

Valentine: Oh...

Tammy: Look, don't get me wrong. If this never had happened, I would be back in the USA studying medicine. I don't like to kill but know that it is something necessary in order to stop evil people from what they do- hurting other people.

Valentine: Can I ask then, how you and your husband met?

Tammy: Who do you think found my little sister and got her back for me? But the price I have to pay is that I stay here so that she can get the medical care she needs as a cyborg.

Fernando: Under all that computerized synthetic constructions, they are still little girls under all that Robotic systems.

Valentine: So you owe so much that you married him?

Fernando (before Tammy could): No.

Tammy: Uhm... It's a long story. This has been going on for almost a year under several missions you could say. I fell in love with him in the first mission but he had to go away. In the last mission he made a promise to me and in that promise we got married. We been together ever since though it has been just a few months.

Valentine: You two been happy in marriage?

The inside of the car remained silent for second or two.

Tammy: Yes, but its not been easy. Every relationship takes time and work to keep it together.  

Fernando takes a different route than they are used too to get into Rome, skipping the first couple of exists and continuing to the third.

Fernando (as he slows down for city traffic): It is not because she owes me or I owe her. We owe each other nothing but a promise to live life together and not to make things hard for one another. Until then there has to be a lot of trust in each other and not one more for another, it has to be equal if things are to work.

Hondo sighs at hearing this, thinking how Valentine is going to take it.

Valentine: I... see.

Fernando: Don't care if you or you don't. Right now your mind should be how you are going to make things work for this mission because we are here.

Valentine: Huh?

Fernando: We are here. Hondo make sure she's ready.

Fernando opens the door and steps out, lowering his seat and helps Tammy from her seat. Closing the door, they head to the rear and opens the hatchback trunk of the car. Fernando gives Tammy an Trench coat but she does not put it on at the moment. Hondo steps out of the car and helps Valentine to get out of the Porsche. They walk to the rear where Fernando was going through the box and hands them a couple of items, including the trench coats. The mini-cam pens were the last thing given out.

Fernando: Turn in the radios and make sure they work.

Pressing a few buttons the radios in the watches were turned on and the volumes set.

Fernando: Radio check.

Jeanie: Radio check fine and we're at our position.

Fernando: Good. Hondo, Valentine, Tammy?

Hondo: Radio check?

Fernando: I can hear you. Can you hear me?

Hondo: Yes.

Fernando: Valentine?

Valentine: I can hear you.

Fernando: Good, and I can hear you too. Tammy?

Tammy: Radio check is OK.

Fernando: Same with yours. Alright people, check your weapons and take the safeties off.

As everyone checks their weapons, Fernando reaches into the trunk of the Porsche and pulls out a pair of crowbar while pocketing a small round object. One of the two crowbars is given to Hondo. The last thing to be taken out is given to Tammy, the cellphone signal jammer. The trunk closes. A yellow Fiat pulls up behind them and their passengers empty out. Everyone turns to face them as Marco gets out of the car last.

Fernando: What kept you?

Marco: You're the one with the fancy driving.

Fernando: You're the one with the Ferrari engine in a Fiat.

Macro nods.

Marco: You guys ready?

Fernando (signaling to the others and starts to walk): Yeah. Where's your crew?

Marco (as they turn the corner and walk down the block): They're... around.

Fernando: I see.

They continue to walk until they stop at the corner, two blocks away from their target at the end of a 'T' shaped intersection.

Fernando: There it is. Hondo- you go that way for a block and turn down to a parallel street and take them from the left. I will do the same from the right, but first, follow me.

The group follows him around the corner and down the street for a few steps, stopping by a manhole. Fernando shoves his crowbar into one of the drainage holes and arcs the crowbar, lifting the manhole cover at the far end. Hondo takes the lip of the manhole cover and slides it to the side away from the hole. Dropping the crowbar next to the manhole cover, Fernando reaches into his pocket and pulls out a hand grenade. He put the pin to his teeth, but Marco signals him to hold it, then crouches down to the manhole.

Marco: Nahil, Georgio! You guys down there?

A voice responds back to him.

Voice in manhole: We're here, and the land lines have been taken cared of.

Marco: Good. You guys staying in there as back up?

Voice in manhole: Yeah. You can close this hole. We got another one opened by the pizza van!

Marco: Good.

He slowly gets up and signals the girls to cover the hole. They pick it up with relative ease and covers the hole with it. Fernando secures the hand grenade and puts it away.

Fernando: They're lucky you were here.

Marco: You were more luckier.

Fernando: How so?

Marco: Killing of Italy's law enforcement agents carry the death sentence.

Fernando (picking up his crowbar): Like I said. They're lucky you were here.

Marco: Hmph.

Fernando: Alright Hondo. Take your partner down the block and make the turn so you can end up heading their way. Check in at every corner and wait so we end up at the target area at the same time. Put on the IR Masks when you get to the corner and check for guards and possible snipers in the area.

Hondo: Will do, Boss.

Fernando: Good, now lets go.

They separate to their opposite directions. Marco and Angie follows Fernando and Tammy, Hillshire and Triela follows Hondo and Valentine. In a few minutes, the first of several of radio calls are made.

Hondo: We're at the corner.

Fernando: Good, so are we. Make the turn and go down to the next corner and check in when you're there.

Hondo: Alright.

They continue to the next block after making the turn. Hondo, Valentine and Tammy puts on the trench coats and the IR Masks. Fernando takes the Cellphone Signal Jammer and turns it on as they continued own the block. Hondo's group spots a group of working girls.

Hondo: Jefe. We got a group of working girls here.

Fernando: Find the one who looks like she's in charge, tell her for them to leave and give her the money.

Hondo: What money?

Marco: Is there a problem?

Fernando: Working girls as witnesses on Hondo's end. Hondo- check the pockets in the trench. Don't ask where its coming from, just pay her off and tell her to take her girls away from the area.

Valentine: There are a couple of guys in the area with the girls.

Marco: Cancel that.

Marco takes out his radio and calls on it.

Marco: Hillshire, take them back 1/2 block and stay out of sight. Ferro, we need a clean up crew to take care of the filth on streets.

Female voice on Marco's radio: Will do. Team B and C, put on your police uniforms and perform a raid. Make them run away from the area.

Male voice on Marco's radio: Got that.

The sounds of a police siren can be heard on the radio for a second before the radio goes silent.

Female voice on Marco's radio: Hillshire, can you move in on the tail end of the commotion and sneak in?

Hillshire (on Marco's radio): We can do that.

The street in front of Hondo's team fills up with flashing lights, loud voices on bullhorns and assorted street life running away from the scene of the raid. Hillshire sends Triela ahead of them and watch her making it to the opposite corner. They soon follow one by one, Valentine, Hillshire and Hondo scurry across the area of commotion. The area quiets down when they continue down the block in silence for a moment. It was not long before Valentine screams, tripping over a dead body hidden in the darkness.

Fernando: What's going on?!!

Hillshire (on Marco's radio): We got a dead body here. Looks like a junkie OD'd on dope. Still has a needle in his arm.

Marco: We'll deal with that later.

Female voice on Marco's radio: Good. Just take note where you found it and we'll call the morgue to pick it up after we leave.

Hillshire (on Marco's radio): He looks like he's been dead for a while, there is no heat signature on him.

Fernando: How far are you from the last corner?

Hondo: About 30 yards.

Fernando: Good. Collect yourselves and go to the building next to the target and call us when you get there.

Hondo: Will do, Jefe.

Fernando: Stay on your toes. Looks like the raid got a couple of guards' attention.

Hondo: I hear ya.

Fernando does not say a word but signals to his team to stop by the last corner and hide in the darkness to survey the scene. Looking up they could see the IR signature of a couple of guards on the roof. A fire escape can be seen on the buildings along the street, including on the target building. Unfortunately all their final egress to the ground floor were folded in place in storage. Setting them up would noisy. Fernando figures that they could climb up to the low hanging supports with a little cooperation from each other. Hondo comes the same conclusion when his team arrives to their building.

Hondo: We're here.

Fernando: So are we.

Hondo: You ladder in the up position?

Fernando: It is. Yours?

Hondo: Yep. We're give Val a boost to climb up first, then we'll figure out who's next.

Fernando: Same here. Don't know about you, but I seen 2 or so guards by the ledge before they left. No doubt there's more.

Hondo: Gotcha Boss.

Fernando sighs.

Fernando: Alright- get yourselves up there and remain silent until I say we move.

Hondo: I hear yea. Lets go.

Fernando's team had an easy time of getting up on to the fire escape. Both Marco and Fernando boosted Tammy up to the fire escape, followed by Marco getting boosted up by Fernando and Angie. Angie jumped up to the second level of the fire escape, followed by Fernando who jumped up to the ladder between the levels. Fernando takes the lead by passing Angie and quietly climbs the metal stairs almost to the roof. He leaves the cellphone signal jammer by the stairs. The final flight to the roof was a ladder that hooks over the ledge. Fernando stops just enough to have his nose over the edge and look around the roof.

Hondo's team had some difficulty on getting onto the fire escape. Once Valentine was up, Hillshire was next. Hondo was next with a boost from Triela. Triela jumped up to the staircase between the first and second levels. Hondo takes the lead and climbs up the stairs to the top floor and then to the ladder that leads to the roof. There he looks around.

They spot the guards on the roofs of the buildings, mostly clustered at the target buildings but a few on the adjacent buildings.

Fernando (on the radio): How many on your end?

Hondo: Looks like 4, maybe 5.

Fernando: No maybes- count and be sure.

Hondo: 4 the other one is with the main group.

Fernando: there's a sky light on your building?

Hondo: Yes.

Fernando: So do we. Use it to your advantage.

Fernando: How many on your side at the target building?

Hondo: I count 8 though there could be more and some of them are moving about the roof.

Fernando: I count about 8 too on my side, figure 16. plus 5 on each side... 21 total. Lets do this- head shots only. Take out the one furthest away just in case it draws their attention and then work on the ones closest to you before getting on the roof.

Hondo: Will do.

Fernando: Go!

Almost at the same time a barely audible 'Click' from their guns could be heard but at almost 20 yards away from their positions a couple of goons barely felt any pain as the hollow point bullets entered and expanded inside their brains. The ones closest to them were next to follow, as were the one by the skylights.

Fernando scurries over the ledge of the roof, remaining low as he heads to the sky light. Angie follows, as similarly happens on Hondo's end with him and Triela. They realize that the area of the target building was tight, so dropping one goon meant most would witness it and react accordingly.

Fernando (to himself though its picked up by the radios and transmitted to all): Shit. Wish this was my gun.

Hondo: Make do with what you got.

Fernando: That comment was not meant for you guys.

Hondo: Consider it the voice of reason telling ya.

Fernando: Hmph... Take out the ones in the front. I'll take the ones in the rear and we'll meet in the middle.

Hondo: Sure thing, Boss.

Fernando: Ready?

Hondo: Of course.

Fernando: Go...

Both Hondo and Fernando get up from behind the sky lights and begin shooting. The guard are caught unaware, what panic they would ensue would not last a second as bodies fell on the roof. They look around and at each other.

Hondo: No signs of life.

Fernando: So it would seem. Pickup your casings and meet me by the skylight. That means everybody.

Fernando and Hondo clean up at their area, picking up the casings left behind before heading to the skylight. The others follow them from the fire escape. Tammy picks up the cellphone jammer and the couple of casings she finds by the roof ladder. Valentine picks up the casings she finds. Both Angie and Triela stand guard as their handlers take note of the carnage.

Marco: They don't look Latin American.

Fernando: Most Colombians, Ecuadorians and Brazilians don't. They tend to look like European from their Spanish Heritage because they had not mixed with the local Indian population. Central Americans did. But the sign of a good drug Central or South American cartel- Paramilitary clothing, AK-47s and other Russian made arms, cheap 2-way radios from big electronic companies, well fed bodies, and rankings like an army. Looks like we are dealing with somebody who knows this all too well.

Fernando reaches down and wipes down a window. He looks like around through the pane and nods. He removes a few items from his pocket: a suction cup and an iPod Touch. A with a few taps of the iPod's screen, he puts it into record memo mode, recording everything inside the warehouse. Attaching his headset to the iPod and shoves the mic into the suction cup. It picks up the conversation of the meeting with every detail, which is recorded and listened to by everyone there.

Anne: I need more men.

Unknown male voice: Your friends not giving you any more?

Anne: I need real men. Not stupid idiots who think about getting paid first before doing their jobs.

Unknown male voice (sounding more clearer): That is not my problem. My problem is getting rid of this horse and grass and make a profit for it. So where's my money.

Valentine: That's El Jefe Grande!

Others: Shhhh...

They continue to listen.

Anne: I already gave you the money. Its in the case, you idiot.

Unknown male voice: How do I know its not a bomb? You open it.

Anne walks to the table in the middle of the room where a table was. On the table, an aluminum brief case. She walks over to it and thumbs through the combination and opens it, showing the money inside.

Anne: There- 100-thousand euros, 50 percent like you ask for these two trucks with the goods.

Unknown male voice: And the other 50 percent?

Anne: Same place, same time, here, 2 nights from now.

Unknown male voice: And what of your cheating boyfriend?

Anne: He's not my boyfriend.

Unknown male voice: You had how many times to kill him and yet he lives. I think you have the hots for him. I believe that you créme your panties everytime you think about him. You want him so bad that that you shove a dildo in your cunt and dream that he's doing you lovely. He is a boyfriend you don't want to kill. If you fail in killing him and his wifey-friend, it just proves what I say.

Anne: And what about you? You cant get rid of a couple of American cow-folks? If they weren't so modernized, they would be riding into Rome on horses! Rome has not seen a horse since the turn of the century!

Unknown male voice (reaching out a pulling a woman next to him and shows off a hypodermic syringe): What's it to you? I already got his hoe of a wife and have her as mine. And I killed the bitch's family a long time ago. They are next. No. I don't have a problem. You got the problem here. Since you cant take care of your problems, I'm upping the price. The rest of the 50 percent and the dead body of your boyfriend and his woman alive so I can turn her into one of my slaves... This drug makes it so easy and there is no cure to its addiction other than death.

He shoves the needle into the woman's arm and pumps the drug into her bloodstream. After pulling the needle out, she sighs and holds onto him tighter and kisses him passionately.

Unknown male voice: You see, this drug makes any woman its injected too as your slave. They will do anything you tell them to do. I bet it will turn your cold ass into a hot sex slave.

Anne: I'll kill you if you try that shit on me.

Unknown male voice: Under this drug, you cant, you wont. Besides, I want that cowboy's bitch. I killed her family, Marie-Valentine is next.

Hondo: Why that mutha-pucker...

Fernando: Hondo. Be quiet.

Hondo: But that's Laurie he's injecting that shit into!

Fernando (walking up to Hondo and pushes him away from the skylight): That's no longer the woman you know if he's been injecting that crap into her all these years. And if there is not cure for it as he says except for death, then there is only one favor you can do for her.

Hondo gives him the meanest stare he could given anyone.

Fernando: You heard him. Tammy and Valentine are next on that sicko bastard's list. Unless you want him to win, I would advise you to calm down and we will deal with him in a few days. Preferably with an few chosen injections of hot lead.

Hondo: How about we take care of them right now.

Marco (walking up them and hands Fernando the iPod Touch and the wires with the microphone from his harness): They seem to be arguing details. I suggest we go before they start calling in the guards and find us with their dead bodies.

Fernando: Good idea. Take the group to the cars. And meet up with Jeanie. I'll be there a couple of minutes later.

Hondo: Why are you staying behind?

Fernando: I need to clean up and I can fly out of this area faster than you guys can run. Now go. Take the girls with you.

Hondo gives him a cold hard stare.

Fernando (giving Hondo the keys to the Porsche): Its an order, Hondo. Run'and meet up with Jeanie. I'll be there in a couple of minutes later.

Not happy about the situation, Hondo gathers the others and leads them away. Fernando watches them leave and follow them up the street with his eyes. Once they had passed 2 blocks away Fernando walks back to the skylight. He takes the crowbar with one hand and a dead body with the other. Smashing the skylight window with the crowbar, he shoves the dead body through it and sends it to the floor of the warehouse below. The place becomes like an angered hornets' nest, men scurrying about with gun drawn and orders being yelled at by those in charge. Fernando picks up a couple radios from another dead bodies he puts in his pockets and the cellphone signal jammer before running off the ledge of the roof and flies off it. Men run out of the warehouse looking about with guns drawn but Fernando was long since gone.

Meeting with the others at Jeanie's car, Fernando signals Jeanie to go ahead as they deal with lose ends. Hondo, Marco and Hillshire get out of their cars and walk over to him.

Hondo (in an annoyed tone): What deal you made with them this time...

Fernando pulls out the radios from his pocket and hands them to the men.

Fernando (turning one of the radios on): Like I said, I was cleaning up.

The voices of men could be heard discussing and arguing about orders and finding the dead guards on the roof. Marco nods as he listens then speaks.

Marco: I assume that these are ours to keep?

Fernando: How else will you get such intel for the termination mission?

Marco: Good.

Hillshire: These look like Motorola Saber units.

Fernando: Probably made in China or Hong Kong and sold cheaply in survivalist and spy-tech stores everywhere.

Marco: Alright. We'll be by in the morning for a debriefing.

Fernando: Yeah, what ever.

Marco and Hillshire get into the Fiat and drive away. Fernando goes into the driver's section and pulls on the lever to release the rear hatch. Hondo already put their things into the box before. Fernando dumps his gun, empty magazines and the cellphone signal jammer into the box.

Hondo: What you did back there?

Fernando (closing the trunk closed): I left a calling card.

Hondo: Why you did that!

Fernando: They are going to know who killed all their guards. Its no secret between us that we and them are at war. But they'll be stupid to try to attack us in the next couple of days with reduced numbers and zero guards. Its just the 4 of us, let them think there are more of us.

Hondo: You better hope that they don't.

Fernando: Get in the passenger seat. I need to hit the bed and get some sleep. I think you do too.

Hondo: That's one of the few things you said all day that I can agree on.

They both get into the car and drive away. The ride home was a it longer than getting there because of the slower drive but they managed to get there within 20 minutes.

Though there was food for a final night time meal before bed, they forgo it and head straight to their rooms. Fernando brings the box in the trunk to the house and left it by the small table where the house's only phone was at.

In Fernando's room, Fernando prepares himself to sleep. Tammy has little choice in the matter and joins him under the covers.

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2011, 10:47pm by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #101 - Mar 7th, 2011, 12:19am

No one talked on the way home nor really said much of anythin’ when they got to the house. Jeanie an’ her men had reached the house first an’ were all out of the way. Hondo unloaded most of the stuff out of the car, but didn’t do more than set the stuff on a bench in the basement. By the time he was done Fernando an’ Tammy were already in their room. There was food out but Hondo didn’t feel like eatin’ neither did the rest it seemed.  

Valentine was sittin’ on the couch silently, an’ didn’t even look up when he came up from the basement. Hondo walked over to her but she still didn’t react to his presence. He sat down beside her with a sigh. Valentine just sat there lookin’ down with a blank stare.

Hondo: Ya’ll right?

Valentine: I don’t know. I didn’t act like I thought I would.

Hondo: You mean when ya screamed when ya saw the dead guy?

Valentine: No. I do feel a maght silly ‘bout that, but that’s not it. I know I killed someone an’ saw you shoot those men when ya saved me, but this was different. That all when you saved me felt like a dream or somethin’. Probably from getting’ hit first an’ all that adrenalin that hit me, but . . .  

Hondo: You feel guilty ‘bout tonight?

Valentine: Yes an’ no.  That’s the problem. I don't feel bad 'bout those men gettin' shot. I know ya didn’t see me, but I locked up when ya started shootin’. I keep getting’ this naggin’ thought since then that says, “what if he needed ya?”

At this point tears did flow down her face.

Valentine: I’m sorry; I’m no good to ya. Ifin ya needed me I couldn’t have done anythin’.

She hid her face in her hands at that time. She expected Hondo to chastise her or the like, but she was surprised to feel him rub her back an’ shoulders. She didn’t want to look up at him but he lifted her chin up with his hand. It forced her to look at him through tear filled eyes an’ put her hands down. His faced was softer than she’d remembered seein’ before an’ a more worried look was on his face. She didn’t see any anger in it which surprised her. Was there more to this man than she had seen? She loved him for who he was an’ knew he had a heart underneath his rough exterior, but after all he went through today she expected him to be pissed off at the world. From the first time they met, to her, he seemed to have the same personality as the character Wolverine had in the ‘X-Men' Movies. He was tough, surly at times, he hid his emotions behind a gruff/growly attitude, he was a hunter, but he cared deeply ‘bout those ‘round him to the point of self sacrifice. He was hurt deeply, yet tried to hide it, he almost wanted to join in the fun of the moment but was almost afraid to show emotions openly in a crowd, or even alone, but when it counted most, ‘specially one-on-one, he could show a very deep compassion for another even when his own heart ached. She’d never seen him on a rampage, but could only guess about the animal that hid inside him an’ came out when he needed it most. Yes, Hondo an’ the depiction of Wolverine were much alike in her eyes, though he wasn’t indestructible an’ not always as ornery, but she only now realized the true depth of both characters, one fiction an’ the other right in front of her eyes. Hondo stared into her eyes for a moment an’ suprisin’ly it soothed her this time, an’ the quiet didn’t seem so harsh. Hondo finally broke the silence between them.

Hondo: Ya don’t know that ya couldn’t have helped me, Val. I didn’t need it. Had I needed it I believe you could of an’ would of pulled yourself together. Either way, now that ya know what to expect somewhat, understand next time it’ll be a lot worse an’ you’ll hafta be shootin’. You were lucky this time that Fernando an’ I were able to take care of it all. Next time ya won’t be so lucky, but I’ll be there with ya, remember that. I need ya to be able to take care of yourself, but ifin ya get into a bind I’ll be there. Yur special, Val. Remember that. You can do what must be done. Your strong, though yur hurtin’. I know when the time comes you will do what must be done, but you must believe that too.

Valentine took hold of his hand an’ pulled it close to her chest, just below her neckline, an’ rested her chin on it. She sniffled a bit to try to quell any emotions then spoke without lookin’ up at him.

Valentine: How do ya do it?

Hondo: What? The killin’?

Valentine looked up at him: No. Ya sit here an’ try to comfort me, reassure me, an’ promise to try to protect me when you must be hurtin’ so.

Hondo: I’m alright. Only bruised from this morning, but I heal fast.

Valentine:  I don’t mean that.  

Valentine looked down again as she didn’t want to see his eyes change again. On missions or ‘round folks he usually showed only 2 emotions, an’ they were unemotional an’ pissed off, that was one of the things that reminded her of Wolverine.  But when he was alone with her she noticed that he let some of the blocks down, an’ at least let his eye show emotion even if his face didn’t. She didn’t want to see the pain or sadness she knew was comin’.

Valentine continued: I saw how you looked an’ reacted at the sight of what El Jefe was doin’ to Laurie.

Valentine looked up to see what she feared, hurt in his eyes.

Valentine: I’m so sorry Hondo. I just can’t sit here an’ let you try to comfort me when I know you must be goin’ through hell inside. That’s part of the reason I’m upset raght now. I told ya I love ya, an’ I do. I want so bad to make the pain go away, but I can’t an’ ya won’t let me in to try.

Hondo rubbed his jaw for a moment as he thought of how to reply. He looked up at her as she was starin’ at him with a look of love an’ worry in her eyes. He couldn’t hide the pain from her somehow as her very presence made him unable to put up his defensive mask when they were alone. He finally spoke after a few moments.

Hondo: Yeah, Val. It hurts a lot. I loved her once. I held her in my arm, made love to her, smiled with her, laughed with her, an’ cried with her. Her death was hard on me. But this is harder yet, though I am stronger than I was when I lost her. Val, I’ll always try to be there for ya, though I can’t promise that I will be. I promised her I would be an’ look what happened.  Since I found out that she was alive there’s not been a day that I’ve not blamed myself for not takin’ her body with us. I was sure she was dead an’ left her body to save the others. It was what she asked me to do with what I thought were her dyin’ words. Now I find that she’s alive, an’ I thought she was just brainwashed. Now I find out that she’s on a drug that there is no cure for but death.

A tear rolled down Hondo’s rough face but his voice was steady.

Hondo: When I saw that tonight it was as some primal instinct took over. I wanted to kill them all right then an’ there.  I’m glad Fernando was there. He’s right. I can’t save her. The only thing I can do for her is to put her outta her misery. An’ he was right, that was not the time. Had I done so I’d have put all y’all in danger. Ya know what scared me the most tonight?

Valentine: I didn’t think you were scared of anythin’.

Hondo: I was scared tonight. When I heard him say what he wanted to do to you an’ Tammy that scared me bad. Val, I lost one gal that I cared for an’ I have ta kill her ta save her. I can’t do 2 or 3 of ya. It’d kill me. Val, ya mean a lot to me an’ I hope I can return that love ya want from me after this is all over, but for right now I can’t love ya like ya want nor can I burden you with my problems. My pain, my heartache is nothin’ compared with what they’d be ifin I lost ya. I can’t let them take Tammy either. She is my friend, though she doesn’t always like me bein' 'round too well nor does she agree with some of the stances I take. But more importantly she is the wife of my best friend, Fernando. I couldn’t stand seein’ what it’d do to him ifin this madman got his way. Val, it’d kill both of us, inside at least. You an’ Tammy are more important to us than our own lives, understand that. So for you an’ her good, an’ the good of the world, we must set aside personal feelin’s an’ do this. Each must deal with their own demons right now.  I appreciate you wantin’ to help me, but as it stands I am tryin’ to lock those feelin’s away. I can’t let you in right now. Ifin we survive an’ ya still want in to this mess of a life of mine, you may enter.

Valentine: We will make it an’ I’ll be there for you as you’re there for me. Thanks for sharin’ with me. It means a lot to me. You’ll never know how much.

Hondo: No problem, Just don’t worry over me.  At least until the mission is over, and then we’ll hash it out. I don’t like bein’ fussed over.

Valentine: I’ll do my best not to, an’ If I do I’ll try not to let ya know.

Hondo: Alright, oh, an’ don’t think I’ll do this every time I have a problem or an’ old pain arises.

Valentine smiled as she knew he was crustin’ up again. He could only show what he truly felt for so long before he went back to normal.

Valentine: I love you for who you are Hondo Sackett, an’ I don’t expect anythin’ out of you that you’re not willin’ to give. But now I think we need showers then to get some sleep.

Hondo: I’m inclined to agree with ya. There’s two showers, so lets both get one an’ get some sleep.

Valentine: Ya still alright with me sleepin’ with ya?

Hondo: Yeah, we’re adults.

They headed upstairs to their shared room as quietly as they could. Once inside Valentine spoke again.

Valentine: Uhm, I hate to ask this, but what should I wear?  I don’t want to cause any problems, but I don’t like to sleep in too much.

Hondo thought for a moment then grabbed one of his t-shirts an’ threw it at her.

Hondo:  Wear my t-shirt. It’ll be big on ya an’ work as a short night gown. But please wear some underwear with it. No freestylin’ in my bed . . . yet. (the yet was said under his breath)

Valentine: Thanks. This’ll work great, but don’t make any changes for me to your sleepin’ style. I promise I won’t try to start anythin’ . . . yet (the yet was said under her breath)

The ‘yets’ were heard by both, but neither acted like they heard them other than a slight smirk that danced across each of their faces went turned away from each other.

Hondo: Enjoy yur shower.

Hondo grabbed his towel an’ shavin’ kit that held his soap an’ other such stuff an’ walked off to one of the bathrooms without leavin’ Valentine time for any further comments. He washed up quickly, thought the hot water felt good on his sore back. He almost wished Valentine was there to massage his back in the warm water, but he put such foolish notions outta his mind. He cared for the gal an’ would treat her right. He heard Val get into her shower. He was surprised to hear her sing softly as she showered. She had a beautiful voice. So much so he had a hard time leavin’ the shower before she did, but he did so. He threw on a pair of loose fittin’ black cotton shorts before leavin’ the bathroom an’ then he went to his room.  

Once in his room Hondo pulled back the blankets an’ laid down. Valentine was not but a few minutes more. She was dryin’ her hair as she entered the room. She jumped slightly an’ turned away at the sight of Hondo without a shirt again, but she recomposed herself when she heard him chuckle.  

Hondo: Sorry, didn’t mean to surprise ya. I can put a shirt on ifin it bothers ya.

Valentine: uhm, no . . NO, it’s fine. I just well,  ..  I didn’t know what to expect I guess, but . .  Never mind.

Hondo chuckled again an’ she gave him a sour look, though inside she admitted it was good to hear him chuckle. She turned out the room light an’ went over to the bed. Hondo covered up with the sheet as she turned out the bed side lamp. She crawled over Hondo so his right arm was free an’ laid up against him. He covered them both with a light blanket an’ put his left arm ‘round her. The right he used to cover his eyes to block out even the smallest amount of light. They talked a bit but enjoyed the closeness most of all. Hondo fell asleep on his back with Val curled up at his side. They were both exhausted, but for some reason the presence of the other each made them sleep a little better.

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2011, 11:29pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #102 - Mar 11th, 2011, 4:11pm

Nothing worse than not being able to sleep while in bed in a dark room. For Tammy this infuriating in one sense but comforting in the other. She figured out not too long ago why men stare at the ceiling while in bed and has found herself doing it on some occasions , but this? This is something new. She cant sleep though her husband was, or so she thought he was.

She pushes herself up on her arms and looks straight down at him. “How do you do it?”, she says to herself.

“Do what?”, Fernando asks, his light sensitive eyes being able to see her where she has trouble seeing him.

“Did I wake you?”, she asks.

“I was already awake.”, he answers.

“Couldn’t sleep?”, she asks.

“Couldn’t sleep because my wife is awake.”, he answers.

“Huh? Oh. I’m sorry.”, Tammy tells him.

“Don’t be, I’m too tired to sleep.”, Fernando tells her.

“From the mission?”, she asks.

“Look… even before I became a Time Traveler, I am not able to keep the energy level up for too long of a time. No one can really, but with me, as soon as I lay down, I cant get up until I get some rest. Not sleep, but rest.”, he answers.

“But, Fernando. Everybody’s like that.”, Tammy starts to say. “Its just seems to me that you could keep going on forever.”

“I wish…”, Fernando says.

“Seriously, you keep going when most gave up. You would prefer to keep on fighting instead of giving up. And without that, we would not be here today- me having Bink back and married to you.”, she explains.

“I don’t care about others, Tammy. All I care bout is you. And one day when its made, I will give Bink a bio-energy pill that will restore her back to the little girl she once was. But I have to say this- as her body rejects the cybernetic implants and grows back a new body her, she is going to be in a lot of pain. Whether she is strong enough to endure it remains to be seen. But if she lives through the process, you will have Bink back and not some robotic little girl that share in part of her body.”, he tells her.

“You want her immortal too?”, Tammy asks.

“No. The bio-energy pill only restores one’s body from injury. It was what my daughter, Dr.  Aiesha used on me at the hospital for a rapid heal. The pill will bring Bink back and reject her cybernetics but it will be painful for her to undergo through that procedure.”, Fernando answers.

“When can we do this?”, Tammy asks.

“Not now, that’s what you want to know. Not until this and any other mission is over. Things have to be prepared for her, as its going to take years. Like I said of the immortality pill, the more injury to the body, the longer it will take to heal. Much of her body has been replaced with man-made things and that is going to take long time to replace. But in the end, Bink will be a girl again.”, he answers.

She just looks at him, wondering about the delay. This mission is one thing, but others? According to her this should be it, the end of it all. Fernando reaches up to her and gives her a kiss on the nose.

“Goodnight little one…”, he says to her before a yawn as he laid back down on the bed.

“I’m not little…”, Tammy quietly argues.

“To me you are. But that’s besides the point. Goodnight…”, he says before closing his eyes. In a matter of minutes, he goes to sleep. Tammy lays there with him for a while, thinking. Eventually thinking turns into sleeping.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #103 - Mar 13th, 2011, 10:57pm

Mission day was upon them. They knew where the enemy would be an' when they would be there. The SWA was busy elsewhere takin’ out a shipment that came from the warehouse they were now approachin’. Everyone had piled into Fernando’s car like that had  a couple nights ago an’  with their gear were now on the road. No one talked on the way as tension was runnin’ high.  The SWA had taken out the phones for them again before they went after the shipment so everythin’ was set.  As before Fernando an’ Tammy took one street an’ Hondo an’ Valentine took the other street. They made it to the warehouse without any trouble. There were a couple guards which they took out with the silenced 1911’s but other than that it was uneventful. Fernando signaled over the radios for them to enter on opposite sides of the warehouse. They entered, took out a couple guard  each then everythin’ seemed to be smooth sailin’ as they had depleted the number guards a couple days before.  Silently they meet at an inner office. On the count of 3 they broke down a door an’ entered with their guns drawn. They had successfully made it in an surprised there enemies.

Anne (to Fernando): So you think you’ve won?

Fernando: I know I have won.

Laurie (To Hondo): Hondo, I remember now! Please take me out of here! I still love you! It was this mad man; he hypnotized me and made me do it! I knew you’d come for me someday!

Fernando (To Hondo): It’s a trap don’t listen to her!

Hondo’s hand started to shake as he looked at her.

Valentine: Hondo, Shoot her! She’s lyin’! You know the truth!

Laurie: Hondo! Please save me!!

Fernando: Hondo! NO!!

Hondo lowered his gun to take a step forward an’ as quick as a flash Laurie came up with hers. At that moment all hell broke loose.  Fernando shifted away to shoot Laurie, an’ Tammy turned to Annie only to have her gunshot outta her hand. As Tammy's gun flew from her grasp, she fell to the ground clutchin’ her hand. Fernando turned to Tammy to have Anne leap forward an’ knock Fernando out cold.  At the same time Laurie Ann shot at Hondo but Valentine pushed him outta the way so the bullet only grazed his skull an’ knocked him out. Valentine fell over as Hondo fell to the ground an’ she was knocked unconscious by Laurie.

El Jefe: Very good. Now we must leave. I’ll turn these two women into my slaves on the way. We will let the cowboy and your boyfriend live to see their women turn on them.

Anne: He’s not my boyfriend!

After takin’ Hondo an’ Fernando’s guns Anne an’ Laurie carried the unconscious bodies of Valentine an’ Tammy to a helicopter. Laurie fired up the copter as EL Jefe Grande injected the two captives with his slave drug.  

Back in the warehouse Hondo an’ Fernando both came too.

Fernando: Damn it Hondo! You Royally ‘F’ed-up this time.

Hondo: Boss, I . . .

Fernando: Don’t say another word! They took our guns so we have to get back to the safe house and get more, But God help me Hondo Sackett, if that crazy idiot gave Tammy the same drug he used on Laurie I’ll kill you!

Hondo stayed silent an’ followed as Fernando in a run to the car. Once in the car Fernando pushed the car up over 200 mph as they raced back to the safe house. Not a word was spoken between them on the trip.

Once back Fernando warned Jeanie of the problem an’ she assembled her men to help. Hondo grabbed his old single action revolvers to replace the double actions revolvers that had been taken.

They assembled back outside to go after the women when  2 helicopters came into sight an’ landed in the back parkin’ lot. Fernando walked toward them with Hondo off to his right. Jeanie an’ her guards were fanned out behind them. Out from the copters came 7 guards, EL’ Jefe, Laurie, Anne, Tammy, An’ Valentine.  Tammy an’ Valentine looked at Fernando an’ Hondo respectively with cold hard stares. Their eyes were red  an’ their features hard.

Fernando: What have you done to them!

El Jefe: Just gave them a little of my own secret recipe. Like Laurie they are now my slaves to do with as I please. Don’t think you can take them back They must have more or die. So until I choose to let them die they will make love to me as I please, serve me as I please, an’ kill whomever I please.

Hondo: WHY YOU DIRTY . . .!!

Fernando: Hondo, shut-up! Your bungling has cost us too much already!! EL Jefe, What do you want from us? You expect us to talk or cooperate with you?

El Jefe: No Agent G. I expect you to die. Tammy, Maria-Valentine, Kill Them All!

Tammy an’ Valentine instantly pulled out guns as did everyone else.  

Fernando: Tammy, don’t do this. Remember what we had.  

Hondo: Val, please, put down the gun.

Tammy: You are the enemy. There is nothing to remember of you but hate

Valentine: We must obey, and you must die.

At that moment all hell broke loose. Hondo an’ Fernando both scream a war cry of rage an’ pain as they shot their own women then started in on the others. The guards were easy to kill so Jeanie an’ her guards took them out. The others were hard to kill. The drug made Tammy, Valentine, an’ Laurie fight with their last ounce of strength an’ El Jefe an’ Anne had cyborg parts. When the smoke cleared Hondo held Valentine’s broken Body an’ Fernando kneeled over Tammy’s.  With death only seconds away both of their minds cleared momentarily.

Valentine (to Hondo): This was the only way. Don’t blame yourself an’ remember I loved ya.

Tammy (to Fernando): Take care of Bink for me. Even though our time together was short I treasured every moment. I love you.

With that they both died. Hondo had been grazed a couple times an’ had a bad leg wound. Fernando had been shot in the shoulder an’ side but they both stood. Jeanie’s men were unharmed, but Jeanie had taken a bullet to the head an’ lay dead on the ground. Fernando survived the scene with a cold, dead look.  Hondo dare not look up as he felt the weight of the world was on his shoulders. It was all his fault. Fernando came over to him but did not look at him.

Fernando: Get your stuff out of my house and into your truck now. Don’t ask any questions.

Hondo limped to the house where he leaned against the wall to tie a bandana ‘round his leg wound to slow the bleedin’. He then gathered his stuff an’ came back out to the truck. Fernando was waitin’. Neither said anythin’ until Hondo had put his stuff in the truck. Fernando spoke first.

Fernando: Get in the truck.

Hondo: Fernando, I . . I don’t . . .

Fernando: Get in the 'F'ing truck!!

Hondo did so.

Fernando: I don’t want to hear from or see you ever again. If I do, I’ll shoot you on sight. Consider yourself lucky I don’t kill you right now, as you’d die very slowly. You destroyed this team and you have destroyed me!

Fernando pressed a couple buttons on his paw-unit an’ in a flash Hondo an’ his truck disappeared. Fernando turned to the carnage before him. Inside he was grievin’, but not wantin’ to show it he turned his sorrow to anger an’ hate. The SWA soon arrived to clean up the mess. The mood Fernando was in scared them an’ rightly so.

At the edge of a back-water town Hondo an’ his truck appeared. He found his medical kit an’ patched up his wounds as best he could an’ changed outta his bloody clothes. He drove into town shortly after an’ right up to a bar. The sorrow of losin’ everythin’ that mattered to him weighed even more heavily on him as he could only blame himself. For the next followin’ weeks he drifted from town to town drinkin’ until he was thrown into jail to sober up, an then begin’ God for forgiveness. God long forgave him, but the forgiveness he looked for was his own. That he could not give, nor could he find in a bottle. He sold his guns to pay for gas an’ whiskey until he only had one old colt revolver left. He managed to live like that for one year.

A year to the day of the incident that drove the cowboy to this state, a flyin’ squirrel walked into the bar in which he sat. They looked at each other for a moment. The cowboy was shaggy, dirty, his hands shook from drink, his eyes were blood shot, an’ he had no life left in him. The Flyin’ squirrel wore a black suit with a white shirt an’ he had sunglasses on. They both recognized each other.

Squirrel: I tried not to do this, but I cannot find peace until you are dead. Now go to hell, where you belong!

The cowboy said nothin’. He looked down then with a shaky hand went for the old colt revolver. He didn’t have a chance an’ he knew it, nor did he want to kill the squirrel. He knew what he had to do to make it look legit, though. So with a pull of the old gun the cowboy committed assisted suicide. He figured he could at least die easily do help easy this squirrel's pain. As if in slow motion he saw the bullet come towards his head but he felt no pain as he fell to the floor. He heard as if in the background the squirrel talks.

Squirrel: Everyone stay calm. I am Agent Fernando G. of the CIA. This man was a wanted fugitive who is responsible for the death of 3 people.  Barkeeper, here is $8000. Bury him and keep the rest for the trouble.

The cowboy then lost all sense of hearin’ an’ sight. Everythin’ was dark an’ he felt like he was fallin’ into a bottomless pit.

Hondo woke up with a start an’ gasped as he did so. He panted for a moment as he tried to regain his bearnin’s an’ figure out where he was.  He finally realized he was in his bed in the safe house. He looked over at the clock an’ it read 5:30 am.  He looked beside him an’ He sighed to himself as he looked at her.  Val was still there. It was  all a dream, though a very vivid dream. Hondo wiped the cold sweat from his head with his right hand an’ tried to settle back down. He looked back over at Val, an’ stroked her hair just to make sure she was there.  She looked like an angel layin’ there so peaceful like sleepin’. There was a rare beauty ‘bout here, he admitted to himself, a wild, innocent beauty that reminded him of the untamed mustangs that ran free in the western U.S.A. She was much like those mustangs. She was wild an’ free, yet innocent, shy, beautiful, untamed, and yet needs to be a part of a group to truly feel safe. He shook his head at himself. She was too innocent for him. She was more like a scared, yearlin’ filly. He was like an old rouge stallion. He was not right for her. He was rough, at times cold an’ calculatin’, he liked rough, ate rough, worked rough, played rough, an’ at times slept rough. He knew she could take it as she was strong, but did he want to ruin her so? Could she keep her sweet, innocent nature in this business? He sighed an’ settled back into the pillow. He made a promise to her. He could not back outta it as he didn’t back down from promises, an’ he couldn’t worry ‘bout it until the mission was over. Maybe she’d be smart, leave him, an’ go live a real life. He looked back over at the clock then back at Valentine. He usually would get up ifin he was awake by now as he was usually up from between 5:30 an’ 6:30, but he was tired an’ he didn’t want to wake Valentine at the moment. He determined to go back to sleep an’ sleep until 7:30, as it had been a busy week, felt exhausted from the nightmare he had just had, an’ he was way behind on sleep.  He soon fell back asleep.

He woke again at 6:15. He had barely fallen asleep but the dream plagued his mind still. It wasn’t the first of its kind, but never the less it always took him time to get over them. He never admitted that those dreams bothered him, but they did. He lay there an’ stared at Valentine for a full 10 minutes before somethin’ else caught his attention. It was a smell, A very familiar smell. BACON! He tried to get up without disturbin’ her, but he didn’t do too well. She stirred then sat up sleepily as he was dressin’

Valentine: Anythin’ wrong?

Hondo: No, but I smell bacon. An’ where there’s bacon there’s breakfast.

Valentine chuckled then yawned: Figures. I tried ta get your attention without success. Should have stuffed bacon in my pocket.

Hondo gave her a slightly annoyed look.

Hondo: Now, you know why none of that worked.

Valentine: I know, but I like tryin’ to get different expressions outta you as ya don’t show many different ones often.

Hondo: Hmph!

Hondo walked up to the bed as her back was too her an’ swatted her on the back side.

Hondo: Come on, ya little mustang. Might as well eat breakfast with me since yur awake.

Valentine: oh, alright. Wait, little mustang??

Hondo: I’ll explain it to ya someday, now get dressed an’ such. I’m gonna brush my teeth then go downstairs.

Valentine (mumbled): Alright, I’ll be down shortly.

Hondo walked downstairs to find Jeanie an’ her driver cookin’ up a good ol’ fashioned USA breakfast.

Hondo: That smells good.

Jeanie: I’ll have it ready in about 15 minutes. I figured you’d be up and we could all get our breakfast out of the way. Your lady-friend coming too?

Hondo: Yeah, she’ll be down in a few. Fernando an’ Tammy probably won’t show for another 4 hours at least, though.

Jeanie: I know Fernando and his wifey will be later, so I’ll cook some fresh when they get up.

Hondo: sounds good, an’, uh, thanks. Ya’ve been a great help.

Jeanie looked at him with a bit of surprise.

Jeanie: Your welcome, though I have to admit that surprised me. You are the last person I expected to hear that from.

Hondo: Well, don’t get used to it. Call me when it’s ready.  

Jeanie smiled at his comment. It was so in character for him. Hondo went an’ sat down in the livin’ room. Soon Valentine joined him an’ at which time Jeanie called them to eat. There wasn’t a lot of talk at the table as all were busy eatin’. Hondo enjoyed just havin’ Valentine close, but the dream he had the night before still bothered him. It had been so vivid. He knew in his mind what he had to do. Laurie could not be helped, an’ no tricks would stop him. He wanted to believe that the dream could never really come true, but the question remained, what if?

« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2011, 2:13pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #104 - Mar 21st, 2011, 4:48pm

The sun rose long before anyone in Fernando’s room dared to move. It was 6:55AM when Tammy woke up and tries to go back to sleep without any success. The smell of bacon and coffee in the air says that breakfast was ready. Though she was not a fan of bacon or coffee, she was getting used to it in small quantities. Without waking Fernando, she quickly gets dressed and fixes herself up, though she wore yesterday’s clothes.

She walks down stairs, noticing it being very quiet except for knives and forks hitting a plate and cooking sounds in the kitchen. Entering the living room and dining area, she sees Hondo and Valentine sitting down at the table, eating breakfast.  She walks around to the service island area, where Jeanie calls for her attention.

Jeanie (as she slides a plate of food on the service island): Tammy…

Tammy looks towards Jeanie and the food she had put in front of her.

Jeanie: Eat. You need your energy to recover from last night. Besides, aren’t the SWA coming over this morning.

Tammy (taking the food and placing it on the table): They should be getting here before noon.

Jeanie: I see. Anything I should prepare for them?

Tammy: No. Don’t trouble yourself for them.

Jeanie: You sure? I can make some lunch for them.

Tammy: No! Don’t… I mean, you’re a guest in this house, not a servant.

Jeanie: Even a guest has to return some of the hospitality given to them…

Tammy (interrupting her from finishing her idea): Don’t worry about it.

Jeanie (cleaning her hands on a nearby dishtowel): Alright. I’ll make something for Fernando when he wakes up.

Tammy (watching Jeanie leave the kitchen area): You don’t have too.

Jeanie stops at the table by where Tammy was having her breakfast.

Jeanie: What I do for Fernando I do for him because I want too. It also frees you to be more of a wife for him now because when I am gone, you will be taking these  responsibilities yourself.

Tammy: When you leave I will gladly do what I can for my man. Now go take care of what you do, I got a house to run and you have to be a good guest or leave.

Jeanie decides not to have the last word for it was not worth getting into a fight over. Thus she goes upstairs to her room. As Tammy glances over to the stairs, Valentine and Hondo glance over to her, then suddenly goes to their meals as she turns back. Tammy does not notice. After a few minutes, Hondo cleans up his area, and takes his cup and plate to the kitchen to put into the dishwasher. Valentine soon joins him in the kitchen to do the same.

Hondo leaves the kitchen area, leaving Valentine behind in the kitchen. He walks past the table when Tammy calls for his attention.

Tammy: Hondo?

Hondo immediately stops and turns to face her.

Hondo: Yes?

Tammy: Is there another mission yo and Fernando going to do after this?

Hondo thinks, not wanting to tell the truth, even though it was unsure it was going to happen.

Hondo: Nothing that I know of. Issin’ there going to be another mission after this?

Tammy: No. Just asking.

Hondo: Well, I was hopin’ we get to the café soon enough, I got unfinished business to take care off.

Tammy: Unfinished business?

Hondo (lying as best as he could): I got bills to pay and take the rest of my stuff out of storage. No doubt Fernando has unfinished business to do now that he’s back.

Tammy: Yeah. I guess you’re on that.  

Hondo: Anything else?

Tammy: No, that’s it.

Hondo signals to Valentine to leave with him out the back door for the moment. She complies and leaves the place right behind him. Tammy continues with her breakfast until she finishes. Like the others before her, she takes the plate and cup to the kitchen and puts them into the dish washer.

The few moments she has to herself, Tammy goes back to the room and get her ready for a shower and a fresh change of clothes. She walks to the bathroom in a robe with her things spends about 20 minutes showering and taking care of other personal hygiene requirements. Back in the room she puts on a dark blue dress suit with a white shirt, but not the suit’s jacket. She finds her service weapon in a clip-on holster and takes it, putting to the inside of her skirt on the right side.

She takes a look at the clothes hamper in the room and thinks about doing the laundry, though it would not be a full load. For now she thinks not to do it though it will need to be done soon enough. Tammy goes back to the bed and sits on it, leaning over Fernando and wonders how he does it, sleep almost motionless for a seemingly long time. Though he had explained it to her in the past, she does not remember it at all.

Tammy (to herself): I hope you wake up soon. The SWA will be here later today and they are going to want answers.

A kiss on his forehead, and she slowly gets off the bed as to not disturb him. With almost little to do, she goes downstairs and sits on the sofa.  Taking the TV remote she channel surfs the 1055 stations the cable and satellite provider has to offer and finds nothing to see.  She settles for Myth Smashers, a rip-off of both Myth Busters and Smash Lab in the United States done in Italy. Red Zone follows, a rip-off of Top Gear, made by Ferrari and Lamborghini because Top Gear berated their cars as “Fast Looking but Not Fast Going.”

As she watches the TV, she does not hear a car roll up onto the drive way and towards the rear parking lot. Hondo identifies it as Hillshire’s Mercedes 500Sel station wagon, and thus makes no fuss about it as he and Valentine worked on her motorcycle. Hillshire steps out of the car along with Marco, both opening the rear doors to let Triela, Angie and Ferro out. Hondo watches them as they gather at the rear of the station wagon, Hillshire opening the rear of the station wagon and handing out bags for the girls to carry. Marco turns to face Hondo and points to the rear door of the house. Hondo nods at him, with Marco returning the nod as they start to walk in.

Valentine: Should we be going in?

Hondo (looking at his watch): We haven’t been called in and its too early for the meeting. Chances are this is personal stuff before the meeting.

Valentine: Oh…

They go back to  working on the motorcycle.

Marco takes the lead once inside the house and takes the group to the living room area. Tammy was too busy look at the TV to notice.

Marco: Ferrari was building supercars much longer than Lamborghini.

Tammy: But Lamborghinis look better.

Marco: Its just a matter of tastes.

Tammy just freezes in place before making a statement.

Tammy: Marco?

Marco: I can understand this being your home but this Laxi-Daisy attitude would have gotten you kill if Hondo wasn’t outside working in the yard. I hope he was armed, if not he and his friend would be dead too.

Tammy: Though we were expecting you, you are early. What’s going on.

Ferro: I already hear Marco’s and Hillshire’s input on last night’s mission. Now what about yours? You fired any rounds, killed anyone?

Tammy: No. Now what’s going on?

Ferro: According to Marco and Hillshire, some twenty something guards were killed.

Tammy: That sounds about right.

Ferro: Can you explain how 21 bodies were found floating in the harbor this morning?

Tammy: That was not us.

Ferro: Then who was it?

Tammy: I don’t know, it had to be them.

Ferro: What proof do you have?

A voice could be heard from upstairs.

Voice from upstairs (coming down the stairs): Because they were here before I got here No way they could dumped the bodies in the time it takes them to drive here.

Jeanie makes herself known as she steps into the living with her crew behind her. Tammy puts her head down and shakes it.

Ferro: Alright. I know you are here as their guests, but who are you to be backing them up?

Jeanie (handing out a business card, though written in Mandarin): Me? The name’s Jeanie Chin. I own a conglomerate of news and other assorted  print media in Oriental Asia, with a reading audience of 1.7 billion. And I’m here for a story. Their story.

Ferro: I know who you are. They already explained it to me that infamous J-Chin is here. How do I know you were not helping them dispose of the bodies?

Jeanie: I nor my crew here get our hands dirty in such work. I am only here to observe and report the story I see. And like I said, they were home when we got here.

Ferro: Then explain your delay.

Jeanie: A 1950’s Rolls Royce Silver Wraith stretch limousine can not run as fast  as a Porsche 928 with racing gear. At best my ride could do 90 miles per hour if pushed to that extreme, not 210 like the Porsche. Nor can I take turns at high speed. Now if you don’t believe me, I can arrange for a test drive, right now if you like.

Ferro: Hmph. You know this is a media controlled nation. I want to see this story before you send it to your news agency.

Jeanie: You do? Well, like I told the Chinese New Media Council, you don’t need to see what I print until it is printed and sold. My news agency cover the 5 little dragons and the 3 big dragons along with many other nations. If you know your Asian nations, you know who the dragons are. Now, I’m not here to put your nation in a bad light. But there is this world wide issue of drug trafficking, which your nation seems to be port of call even though measures are being taken to take care of the problem. My story is of how US Agents in Italy are trying to stop this known problem. Seems to me, you have a major world known drug lord on your shores and yet you have not picked him up for questioning and his property searched. Why not?

Jeanie puts a portable recorder to Ferro’s face, the tape inside spinning as it records. Ferro pushes the recorder to the side.

Ferro: We are working with the US Agents and planning a drug bust with their cooperation.  That is all I can say.

Jeanie: So I assume this is a ‘No Comment’ and a denial of what needs to be done?

Ferro: How about you leave and you wont be arrested.

Jeanie: I would like to see that. If I dont make a constant update to my servers, everything I have here- about you, your agency, your government will be core dumped into my press office computers and somebody will be coming and making house calls.

Ferro: We’ll see about that…

Tammy: Ferro, Don’t!

Everyone turns to face Tammy.

Tammy: Look. I don’t care what bodies were found in what river. We did not do it, we did not put them in the river. Now you should get Priscilla go over those bodies and find what she can. I can assure you that they are not Italian.

Ferro: And how would you know?

Tammy: Ask Hillshire and Marco. They were with us until the end when we separated and they went back to the agency compound.

Ferro: And where is your husband?

Tammy: Upstairs. Sleeping.

Ferro: Wake him up.

Tammy: No. He needs his rest.

Ferro: Then I’ll wake him up.

Tammy: Do so at the risk of your own life.

Ferro: And like what are you going to do?

Tammy: Me? Nothing. Him? Pull his gun from under his pillow he sleeps with and put a couple of rounds into you. So go ahead. I’ll have your suit fixed for your funeral.

Ferro does not answer and wonders about the validity of her comment. The problem here is Tammy has yet to lie to her superiors and supervisors in the agency, and to see if she is lying or not is to take a chance against the truth.

Tammy: Well? You going to get shot up trying to wake him up, or you going to leave him alone.

Ferro: Has he tried this on you?

Tammy: Tried? No. Done? Before we got married, yes. But not since after.

Ferro does not answer or tries to say a word.

The sound of a car’s engine arriving at the gate and driving at the driveway just up to the door catches everyone’ attention. The sound of the engine was something that would belong on a super car like a Lamborghini Contach, Ferrari Testarosa or a Masseratti Muri; reving high for a second before dying off followed by the ‘thud’ of a closing car door. Light foot steps can be hear walking to the house door. The doorbell expectantly rings.

Everybody look at the door and then to each other before it rings again.

Tammy: You people bringing in more guests?

Hillshire: It was just us.

Tammy: Then send one of the girls to open the door.

Hillshire nods before signaling to Triela to open the door. She returns a scowl before heading to the door. It rings one more time when Triela opens it, her free hand behind her back on her rear holster, ready to pull out cold steel of death if needed too.

An Asian White Mouse stands in the doorway, dressed in a black silk Qipao that stops at her knees but with side cuts midway up. She clutches a small black purse in her arms, the Prada badge just visible over her arm. She looks at the dark skinned blonde hair girl and at the people behind her.

Asian White Mouse: I’m sorry, I might have the wrong house.

Ferro (stepping up behind Triela): Who are you looking for?

Asian White Mouse: Hmmm…You may not known him but I’m looking for a tall squirrel, this used to be his house as I remember.

She looks at the doorway and finds the house number on the door.

Asian White Mouse: Yes, this is the place. Does he still live here?

Ferro (As Jeanie walks up behind her to see who it was): Who is he? Got a name?

Asian White Mouse (smiling): He went by many names… But…

Jeanie: You!… What are you doing here?!!

Asian White Mouse: J-Chin, well, if you are here, then you can tell me what happened to your savior. Is he dead like the internets states?

Jeanie: How you know of this place you man-stealing wench! And who let you out of your cage anyways!

Asian White Mouse: How I know of this place is because Fernando use to take me here all the time so we can practice making puppies like husband and wife after doing business when in Rome. As for being let out of my cage, Diplomatic Immunity is  key that opens many cages.

She takes an unchallenged step into the house and look at everyone.

Ferro: Ms. Jeanie, who is she?

The Asian White Mouse stops at Jeanie, and looks over to Ferro, pulling out a wallet from inside her Prada, opening it and showing off a metal shield and an ID Card written in Mandarin.

Asian White Mouse: The names Jao Lynn. I’m an Intelligence Agent for the People’s Republic of China. Now I have 1 question to ask and I want an answer. Where is Fernando G., and is he dead or alive?

Ferro: Ms Lynn…

Jao Lynn (interrupting her): That’s Agent Jao. In many Asian nations, the last name is first and the given birth name is last.

Ferro: Alright Ms Jao. What’s your business with him in the first place?

Jao Lynn searches in her purse and pulls out a Jewel case box and an envelop. She opens the case and shows Ferro a very elaborate medal inside.

Jao Lynn (putting away the jewel case): The People’s Star only goes to those who have selfishly given themselves to others.

Ferro: Were you at the UN Celebrations over a month ago? You could have given it to his family then.

Jao Lynn: Though I was at the UN Celebration, we were not directly involved or affected in your conflict he took care off. He has stemmed off the flow of Russian and Asian arms to criminals in this area. Now, I need to know if he is dead or alive.

Ferro: If you were at the celebration, then you should know that he is dead.

Jao Lynn: So you would think. I seen him pull Dead Man act before, usually leaving a widow and children behind, yet access to the moneys and rewards he had gained.

Tammy (getting up out of her chair angrily): THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!

Marco acts fast and runs to her, shoving a handkerchief into her mouth, pinning her arms and dragging her back towards behind the kitchen. The door of one of the rear rooms slams shut.

Jao Lynn: I see. I’ll assume that this ploy of disinformation is to protect him as he is upstairs sleeping… last room on the right by the storage room.

Jeanie: Whether he is here or not remains to be seen.

Jao Lynn (interrupting her): Then I’ll wait for him.

Jeanie: How about you leave.

Jao Lynn (showing off the envelope): I have something for his eyes only.

Jeanie tries to snatch the envelope but fails, Jao Lynn takes it and puts is back in her purse before walking around them and takes a single seat in the living room.

Jao Lynn: Where ever he is, tell him I’m here for him only.

In a guest room behind the kitchen area, Marco holds Tammy tightly as she struggles against him and her mouth covered with his handkerchief wadded up into her lips.

Marco (keeping from yelling in her ear): Calm yourself, you crazy squirrel!

Tammy is not in the least bit calm, nor did she liked being man-handled as she was. To try to end the struggle, Marco throws her front first onto the guest room’s bed and pins her against it from behind.

Marco: Calm Down And I’ll Let You Go!

Tammy struggles some more before calming down. Marco slowly lets her go and gets up off her and the bed.

Marco (almost yelling as Tammy turns around and sits up): Don’t Go Half Cocked Into Challenging Someone You Don’t Know! If She Is A Chinese Agent As Her ID Says, Then She Is Probably Armed And Has Friends Waiting Nearby! Want To Find Out What Its Like To Have A Bullet To The Chest? Get Up In Her Face Again, And You Just Might Find Out!

Tammy takes the handkerchief out of her mouth and slowly get up.

Tammy (as she got up): You’re probably right… But Marco…

Tammy slaps him hard across the face.

Tammy: Don’t You Ever Manhandle Me Like That Again! I’m Not Your Wife! I’m Not Your Daughter! Fernando Does Not Even Touch Me Like That!

Tammy begins to leave the room but Marco grabs her by the arm, leaving her no option but to turn around quickly and knee Marco in the groin. He lets go of her and crumples to the ground. Tammy storms out the room and walks to the living room fuming. She stops  in front of Jao Lynn.

Tammy: What ever is it you have for my husband, you give it to me and then leave.

Jao Lynn: Husband?

Tammy: Yes, Husband! What Part of ‘I’m Married To Fernando’ You Do Not Understand?!!

Jao Lynn (showing off the wedding and engagement rings on her finger): You and 47 other women out there have that claim to him. No, I’ll wait for him here.

Tammy: Get Out My House.

Jao Lynn: I’m waiting for Fernando. I will wait here the whole day if I must.

Tammy reaches into her side and pulls out her service weapon, only to have one pointed back at her. Both weapons are immediately shot out of their hands by Angie and Triela as they stand from opposite sides of the room in combat stances, smoke pouring out of their guns.

Hondo and Val run into the house, he has his guns drawn.

Hondo (slowly walking past the stairs, surveying the scene): NOBODY MOVE!

Hillshire: Triela! Angie! Stand Down!

Triela: But…

Hillshire: I Said Stand Down!!!

Both the girls put their weapons down, as does Hondo when all weapons have been put away.

Hondo: What Happened Here!

Looking around he finds somebody who he did not see go in from before.

Hondo: Who are you?!!

Hillshire: We were dealing with that when Tammy flew off the handle.

Hondo: That’s the truth?

Most everyone nods and yes something in agreement, except for Tammy as the unknown guests.

Hondo: Tammy- laundry time. Now. Mr. Hillshire, I’ll trust you in finding out who she is and clean up the mess before Fernando wakes up.

Hillshire: I will.

Hondo: Where’s Marco?

Ferro: We’ll find him.

Hondo: Good. Now do it quietly. Tammy- Laundry- Now!

Valentine: Want me to join you?

Hondo (handing one of his revolvers to her): No. You can supervise clean-up up here or try to figure out that syncro thing.

Valentine: Alright. I’ll keep an eye on things here.

Hondo nods at Valentine and then points to Tammy and then at the stairs. Tammy walks through the living room and to the back stairs to the basement. Hondo looks at the others.

Hondo: If Fernando asks, tell’im I’m downstairs with Tammy, sorting things out.

He follows Tammy down the stairs, closing the doors behind him. He points to one of the couple of chairs for Tammy to sit down on. She sits on it reluctantly.

Hondo (in a very angered tone): I’m Not Even Goin’ To Ask, So You Better Start Explainin’!

Tammy’s mind starts racing for an answer, only able to come up with the most stupidest one possible.

Tammy: She started it!!!

Hondo (trying not to tell): Not Good Enough! Who Is She, First Of All! Why Is She Here?!! And Why Would You Dare Pull A Weapon On Her!… Knowing That The Cyborgs Will Take Action Against Any One Who Would Draw Their Weapons!

Tammy does not answer.

Hondo: Who Is She?!!

Tammy (yells back): I Don’t Know!

Hondo: Of All The Asinine Things To Do! You Stupid Or Sumthin’?!! You Even Know Why She Is Here?!!

Tammy (yelling): She’s Claims To Be His Wife!!!

Somebody knocks on the door and opens it. Jeanie walks in though one of her crew stands outside the door.

Hondo (miffed about the intrusion): What do you want, Jeanie…

She walks over to Tammy and hands over her gun to her. Tammy checks her weapon. Though slightly damaged with a dent on the slider, it was still operable.

Jeanie: Look Tammy. Jao Lynn is a government whore. She’ll do anything and everything to get what her government wants her to get. That means lying to you about being married to your husband. They all lie in this spy game, you should remember that. They all will do things that you or I would not normally do under normal circumstances. If Fernando had sex with her, I hope be rocked her little world because she makes herself out to be a man eater. But if Fernando had sex with her, its because of this spy game he is in. I can assure you that there was no love in that mating, it was all business. Sex is a tool like everything else for them. And it all happened long before you two set eyes on each other, so it does not matter what she says- you have to keep your mind at ease with that.

Hondo: Is that all?

Jeanie (turning to Hondo): Jao Lynn is a very dangerous person if you let her get to you. She has ways to get into your mind and worm her way into your heart without you suspecting a thing because she is trained to do so.

Hondo: Then I’ll send her on her way.

Jeanie: Don’t.

Hondo: Why not?

Jeanie: She is here for Fernando. Let her see him when he’s awake and have him deal with her.

Hondo: Hmmm…

Jeanie: I have my men blocking the upstairs stairway so she wont bother him. As for you, Tammy, you better stop flying of the handle like you did because she will take that to her advantage.

Hondo: You done?

Jeanie: I’ll go make Fernando some breakfast so it will be ready when he wakes up.

Tammy: No…

Hondo: Tammy. Calm Yourself Down. Jeanie, go ahead. I’ll send Tammy upstairs later.

Jeanie: Thank you.

Jeanie leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

Hondo: You heard her. Ifin’ she’s claimin’ to be his wife, its all a lie and you better realize that she is lyin’ to you to get to your husband. How much access you give her to Fernando depends on how much trust you have for him.

Tammy: What if its all true?

Hondo: You know better. Rings can be bought. Papers can be faked. But one thing you have that she don’t is his love for you. That says a lot more than what papers and rings can say because that can not be faked.

Tammy does not say  word in reply, just sighs in defeat.

Jeanie and her driver/chef walks into the kitchen to make Fernando his breakfast. During this time Fernando wakes up and makes his way to the bathroom to shower up and later get dressed in his room. Jeanie walks upstairs, carrying a serving tray with a breakfast meal for him. Her driver/chef follows her and opens the door to his room for her to enter. Closing the door, he stands outside and waits for her.

She puts the service tray on the room’s table as Fernando was putting on his shoes.

Fernando: Where’s Tammy?

Jeanie: She is in the basement with Hondo.

Fernando (sitting up after finishing his shoes): Can I ask why?

Jeanie (sliding his coffee cup at him): Eat first.

Fernando takes the coffee cup and looks at it. Jeanie puts a plate of food in front of him, along with silverware.

Fernando: Explain why I’m eating up here and not downstairs.

Jeanie: Too many people downstairs.

Fernando looks at his watch.

Fernando: Too early for the SWA to be here.

Jeanie: Some of them are here. Better for you to eat here in peace than to deal with them downstairs.

Fernando: Why is Tammy in the basement with Hondo?

Jeanie (Fernando begins with his breakfast): There is also an unannounced guest downstairs. She wants to talk to you.

Fernando: Again. Why is Tammy in the basement with Hondo?

Jeanie: The unannounced guest… she claims to be your wife. It upset Tammy greatly. That’s why she is in the basement with Hondo.

Fernando: Did she gave a name?

Jeanie: Its your old friend, Jao Lynn.

Fernando: She made any other statements?

Jeanie: She says she want to talk to you alone. She also showed off The People’s Republic Star of China medal, saying that it belongs to you for your work here. Honestly, I don’t believe. China does not give away one of their highest orders to foreigners. She also has a letter for you in a sealed envelope. All I seen was your name on it written in Mandarin.

Fernando: Probably more of her trickery.

Jeanie: I know that you mated with her many times in order to get the job done for the agency.

Fernando: Lets not go there with that.

Jeanie: If I was your wife, I would know what you did was for the job and your life so I would not fault you for what happened even if you derived pleasure from her. I hope you left her begging for more when you left.

Fernando: Jeanie…

Jeanie: I know. But she is here and she is up to something and her comments have upset Tammy so. She wants some personal business with you. I would not slight you if anything were to happen, but Tammy needs to know that.

Fernando: Tammy already knows, and she should not allow it to bother her.

Jeanie: But it is.

Fernando: Then send her up here so I can talk with her.

Jeanie: Jao Lynn?

Fernando: Tammy.

Jeanie: Oh… I’ll be back.

Fernando: No. Alone.

Jeanie: And Jao Lynn?

Fernando: She wants to see me, she can wait.

Jeanie: Alright.

She leaves the room, leaving Fernando alone with his breakfast. In less than half a minute she was at the basement, knocking on the door first before opening it and letter herself in.

Jeanie: Sorry to interrupt, but Fernando wants Tammy in his room.

Hondo look at Tammy and nods. She gets up out of the chair and follows Jeanie to their room. Hondo was just a few steps behind. On the stairway from first floor to the second floor, Jao Lynn trots over to them from the living room but is stopped  by Jeanie’s guards.

Jao Lynn (almost yelling at them between the guards): When I will see Fernando?

Jeanie: When he calls for you. Until then, sit down and shut up.

Jao Lynn can only stand there for a moment, plotting away.

Hondo: You heard her. Git to a seat and wait.

Jao Lynn turns to face Hondo, before walking back to the living room and taking her seat again.

Jeanie opens the door for Tammy and lets her in. Fernando see this happening and tells Jeanie to join them.

Fernando: Have a seat Jeanie. You too Tammy.

They sit in the chairs around the table in the room.

Fernando: Jeanie tells me that you got upset downstairs at somebody and tried to shoot them?

Jeanie (interrupting Tammy from answering): I did not say that!

Fernando: I reviewed the security logs while you were getting Tammy for me, so I added to what you said. Now Tammy… explain yourself.

Tammy: She said she was your wife!

Fernando: So?

Tammy: Is she?

Fernando: Depends on your point of view.

Tammy: Depends on my point of view?!!

Fernando: It does not matter any more, but in my last mission about 5 years ago, I was in a fake marriage with her to pose as husband and wife around Western China and Eastern Afghanistan, where Muslim rule over everyone decreed that anyone living in sin were to be stoned to death. To have her as an equal to me according to those laws and to have her function as an independent as possible to be agent in a place where women are not to allowed to function alone, we were given papers stating that we were married and she given engagement and wedding rings. But it was a fake marriage which ended at the end of the mission.

Tammy: Did you have sex with her?

Fernando: Does it matter? Remember our talk about the job forcing us to do things that we would otherwise not do. But I’ll admit that I did have sex with her because the job required it. Our hotel room was bugged to see if we were actually man and wife or playing the part. So we did everything we had to do to make the act as convincing as possible. She was also given birth control to not get pregnant, as Muslim rule in that area made condoms illegal. But like I said, this was over 5 years ago, before I moved to the café and before I met you as a teenager back then.

Tammy: I’m sorry.

Fernando: Look. I never thought that my past would come back to haunt me and hurt you. But it may mean that I go out on a mission with her again, and if I do, I might have to do things with her that I should be with you because the job demands it. I am sorry if I do.

Tammy: Its OK. I understand its for the job and will forgive you for it.

Fernando: Jeanie. Bring her up here.

Jeanie gets up and walks out the room, going half way down the stairs and calls for Jao Lynn. Jao Lynn arrives at the stairs. Jeanie tells her guards to allow her to go by. In a few seconds they were entering Fernando’s room. Jeanie takes her seat. Jao Lynn stands as she looks around the room.

Fernando: Take the computer desk chair and bring it here to sit on.

Jao Lynn does as she was told, taking the computer chair and setting it next to him. She sits on it, opening her legs for a moment before crossing her legs above the knee, showing Fernando what she had underneath.

Fernando: State your business and then you are to leave.

Jao Lynn: Why so harsh? I missed you all these years, you know.

Fernando: Our mission ended over 5 years ago. You got a life as do I. Now what gives?

Jao Lynn: The Chinese government was going to give you a medal for what you did here and in the past with them. But rumors of your death needed to be verified. Nor was the Chinese government was going to admit that it was our weapons sold in the black market that ended up here. With that explained, I give you The People Republic of China’s Star.

She takes the jewel box out of her purse and opens it, revealing the medal inside. Before she could take it out and pin it on him, Fernando takes the jewel box and closes it, putting it away in his pocket. Jao Lynn complains.

Jao Lynn: Hey! I was to pin it on you!

Fernando: So? It does not matter . Now what else you have to say.

Jao Lynn (going through her purse and pulling out an envelope): I have this letter for you from the People’s Communist Party Ruling Council.

Fernando snatches the envelope from her hand.

Jao Lynn: Hey!

Fernando: Hey nothing. Its mine, right?

Jao Lynn: Yes, but…

Fernando (tossing it to Jeanie): But- nothing. Jeanie, read it. You know my Chinese is not up to the task.

Jeanie opens the envelope and starts to read the letter that was inside. First she reads it to herself to get the translation correct.

Jeanie: It says that ‘in interest of China, that your marriage to Jao Lynn has been extended  for future missions and should be treated as a real marriage. There is also orders to have you recalled for a mission but details are withheld.

Jao Lynn: Order are at the Embassy, waiting for you to pick them up.

Fernando: I have not received any orders from any American Agency recalling me into any action, especially with you.

Jao Lynn: Aww… What’s the matter?

Fernando (pointing to Tammy): I’m not married to you, Jao Lynn. I’m married to her.

Jao Lynn: I forgive you.

Fernando: Jao Lynn. Leave. I’ll deal with you after I am finished here.

Jao Lynn: How long will that take?

Fernando: Another month, maybe two. Now leave peacefully before I throw you out.

Jao Lynn: Alright. Have it your way. But I’ll be in touch.

Jao Lynn gets up and slowly walks out of the room. A few seconds later Tammy runs out the room after her, catching her by the stairs. Jeanie goes after her as Tammy grabs Jao by her arm.

Tammy: If you know my husband intimately, then tell me something that only I as his wife would know.

Jao Lynn: Well, How about I show you instead. Its about this big…

Jao Lynn makes the letter ‘C’ with her tiny hand and then takes her index fingers and measures off a space almost across her chest between them.

Jao Lynn: You should know what I’m talking about.

Tammy nods and then bows her head as Jao Lynn starts to walk away.

Jeanie: It does not matter. I know those measurements too.

Tammy looks at her before storming off into her room.

A few seconds later a powerful and large car engine can be heard being turned on, and the car it is in driving away.

Fernando walks out of the room and walks downstairs to the living room. He carries a report folder with him. There he deals with the SWA members that was there. Giving the report folder to Ferro, he then returns to his room.

Satisfied with the report, Ferro tells the others to take her back to the compound. Calling the chief, they cancel the day’s meeting with Tammy and Fernando as they got what they came for.

Fernando finds Tammy on the bed crying.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #105 - Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:14am

Hondo waited downstairs in the livin’room until Jao Lynn came back down. She stormed out of the house an’ drove off. Fernando was right on her heals, so to speak. He gave Ferro a packet that contained a report; an’ he even told her so. There were a couple questions ‘bout the bodies, but Fernando was in no mood to be questioned. Ferro wanted to know more about the Asian gal that had just left, but decided to do some research first  

Hondo an’ Valentine stood by an’ just listened. Fernando soon headed back upstairs with the unspoken order that the SWA folks should leave. Satisfied for now they left, leavin’ Hondo an’ Valentine alone again.  

Valentine: Glad that’s over.

Hondo: For now it is, but I have a feelin’ that we’ll be seenin’ more of her.

Valentine: The Asian?

Hondo: Yeah.

Valentine:  Tammy really got upset ‘bout her.

Hondo: Tammy should have known better. Ya’d think she’d trust Jefe more than that by now. I just can’t believe she pulled a gun in anger on an unknown opponent who had not made any threatenin’ moves. I’m a bit disappointed in her, honestly.

Valentine: What did she say to you in the basement?

Hondo: Thet’s between us, Val.  

Valentine: you don’t trust me?

Hondo: It’s not that, Val. Tammy is my friend an’ she deserves the same trust you’d expect of me. I’ve not told anyone what ya said ‘bout yur past, though I asked Fernando ifin he wanted to know the overview when I brought ya in, but he trusted my judgment enough that I didn’t hafta tell him anythin’.

Valentine: Like I did with Tammy ‘bout yur wife. I’m so sorry ‘bout thet. I never even thought of it that way.

Hondo: Eh, too late ta worry now, but never to late ta learn. I forgave ya, Val, but even so, it was worth it ifin it made ya think Which reminds me. Where are yur guns?

Valentine: in our room. Why?

Hondo: Even when ya know ya shouldn’t need them, wear them. Take today for instance. Ya just never know what may happen.  

Valentine: I’m sorry. I just didn’t even think ‘bout it.

Hondo: An ol’ Sheriff once told me this, “Keep yur guns on ya at all times. Ifin this helps ta remember ta do so, every time ya walk outta yur house without them say ‘Baa” like a sheep does. ‘Cause without thet gun yur now a sheep; ya’re weak, helpless, an’ vulnerable. With a gun you’re a hunter, a fighter, but without it ya’re defenseless.”

Valentine: Guess I never thought of it that way.

Hondo: Yur gun is a tool that can save yur life an’ the lives of friends. It is a tool of which Great good or evil can be done. Some folk think savin’ folk is somethin’ ya do for reward or in yur spare time, or even a job. But it’s none of those. It should be yur life. Doin’ good is what we should do. Folks think they do good to save someone they deserve a reward. But ta not do good is to do bad. I never understood why some folks think they deserve rewards for doin’ the good they should be doin’ in the first place. The problem is, when ya do what’s right an’ good ya make enemies. Yeah, sometimes we get rewards for what we did, but we don’t expect them, but ya can expect enemies. So from now on, when ya leave thet room, put on yur guns. Even to take a shower at least have one wrapped up in yurt towel with a spare clip or ammo wallet.  

Valentine: I understand. I’ll go get them outta our room raght now.

Hondo: Ok, meet me back outside an’ well get thet sycro device workin’ yet.

Valentine: Be raght there!

Hondo walked out an’ a small grin crept on his face then a worried thoughtful look replaced it. She had called it there room. She had always called it his room, but it was as ifin she really felt they were a couple, an’ it was their room.. This worried him a bit too as the only thought that crossed his mind was, “What the hell am I getting’ myself into now!”

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #106 - Mar 29th, 2011, 1:55am

Fernando walks over to the bed and sits on the edge. He gently pats her on her back.

Fernando: What’s wrong?

Tammy stops crying for a moment and faces him momentarily.

Tammy: What’s wrong? How many women you had sex with?

Fernando: Actually, that is none of your business.

Tammy: Yes It Is!

Fernando: How so?

Tammy: In Communicable Diseases class, they said that because of MIV-MAIDS* what sexual history one may have is shared with their current partner!

Fernando: That is only if you are infected with MIV or have MAIDS or have something else like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, or the Papalona Virus and infect you with cervical cancer.  I’m clean and would never infect you with something that would harm you or make you sick.

Tammy: That’s Not The Point! What Is Your Sexual History! Because I Don’t Have One!

Fernando: Want to know my sexual history?

Tammy: YES!

Fernando: Alright. Since I was 13 I have been having sex with every girl I was with. Until I got married, I had about 11 girlfriends who were my sex partners at one time or another. But I never had 2 girlfriends at once until high school. Then not because of not of my fault, I ended up with about 6 girlfriends, all who wanted to be my sex partner and yes, I got into situations where I had to have sex to get out of it. But they all knew the situation and they all allowed it. In short, it was a very confusing time for me. But in the end I went out with one girlfriend who was my sex partner for a while and then we broke up. After that, I found my first high school girlfriend and we got married. Her sexual record is that she was raped several times and thought very little of herself in the sexual sense. In fact she had a very loose connection between love and sex until we met up. Thus she had several ‘lovers’ before I met her. But between her and I it was just us. After she was killed, I would up with the girlfriend I went out before but we would always argued and fought. She became Aiesha’s mother and my Ex-From-Hell. Eventually we broke up, and I went deep into my undercover work. There were missions where I had to infiltrate an organization and sex with the females was used. Then there were other missions where I had to pretend to be married to a female agent and in the course of the mission had sex with her. In all, there was at least 15 or so women had sex for the agency. But for anything recent? Nothing in these past 5 or so years. And in all cases, with the exception of my wife and Aiesha’s mother, I never got anyone pregnant or infected despite the lack of protection I or we used. In fact, Aiesha’s mother was on the pill and she still got pregnant. They also never infected me with anything, as I kept getting myself checked every six months to make sure that I did not. Sexually speaking, I am very responsible, though lucky that I was, if anything would have came up, I would have taken action to fix the problem. With the exception of sex for the mission, all relationships I have had was out of love or what I thought was love. With the exception of Aiesha’s mother, the girls I was with thought and said the same thing. Now here I am with you, not caring about my past because history is over and its time to do something in the present make something of the future. If you don’t ever want to have sex with while we are married because the thought of I having some 40 plus lovers in my past repulses you, then so be it Tammy. But understand that I could have not returned when I did, and I did it because I do love you and I do care about you. But if you think that is not enough then we can work it that so this is a marriage of convenience.  

Tammy looks at him, unsure what to say to what he stated.

Fernando: Though you tell me that you are a virgin, that is not the issue here. The issue is whatever you tell me, I trust you in that it is the truth. If you tell me that you are a virgin and you are not, then you have betrayed that trust. If you had a sexual history, that is fine by me but you do not have to lie about it. But at the same time you could have said nothing and left it at that and it would have been the same. I kept my sexual past a secret because it does not involve you, but now you know it. I don’t know nor care about your sexual past, but if you profess that you are a virgin, then you better be.

Tammy: But I Am!

Fernando: You just missed the point.

Tammy: And What Point Is That?

Fernando: Trust.

Tammy: Trust?

Fernando: Yes. Trust. Trust in not lying to each other. Trust in not putting the other in harm’s way. Trust in not giving each other an illness or disease from our exposure to what we done outside of our relationship. Tammy, we been through this before. It is what our marriage vows tell us to do. I trust you to the point where I don’t care about the past because all that we have now is all that we got. And I am trying my best to make sure that we do not lose what little we have to share because if we lose it all, we will have nothing. As my wife, you have a place in this relationship. You have a say in what happens in this relationship.  You have the right to do as you please. But I have to agree with it for one, just like you have to agree with what I do, where and when. Except for that, you have free reign in what you think you have to do is right for you first and for us second, as I exercise the same right as well. Now if you think this marriage should not go on, if you are repulsed by my past, if you no longer cant stand me as the man I am, you can walk out and leave. I got a life to live whether you are a part of it or not.

Tammy: No!…

Fernando: No, what.

Tammy: No, I don’t want you to leave.

Fernando: Because…

Tammy: Because… I’m scared without you.

Fernando: You need to grow a pair of balls.

Tammy: This is a scary world, Fernando. People want me dead, some want to take you away and give you what I had not, they don’t care about a fraidy-cat squirrel girl that I am. Without you, I just want to hide and hope things go away.

Fernando: Welcome to the real world. Just wait when I have you time-jumping and land you on some sand pit of a society where you will be sold for a sack of gold coins with teeth marks for proof of ownership.

Tammy: You would not dare.

Fernando: It’s a matter of trust.

Tammy: I trust you to take me out of that danger.

Fernando: You need to figure out how to deal with it yourself before I can find you and give you any form of help. Remember a couple of days ago when you tried to take Annie on your own, if I was not there to intervene, you would have been dead despite you thinking that you could have dealt with the problem.

Tammy: I know. I’m sorry.

Fernando: But Tammy…It’s a first step in confronting your fears.

Tammy did not wanted to respond to that in any way or form.

Fernando: Look… you have a long way to go but making  start of it is a good . I need to go check up on everybody.

As he starts to get up, Tammy grabs his wrists.

Tammy: Don’t go.

Fernando looks at her for a moment.

Fernando: You need to take that little girl inside you and drag her out and shoot her.

Tammy thinks for a moment.

Tammy: I am not me without that little girl.

Fernando turns to her.

Fernando: One day all that innocence you have will be gone. Little by little, it has been chipped away but it still exists for now, a remnant of what it was.

Tammy: Until then I will continue to acknowledge that little girl within me.

Fernando: She will have to be gone when you become a mother.

Tammy: She will… wait. What do you mean by that?

Fernando: A little girl can not take care of a baby for one. And for you to survive that long, you need to get past our mission 2 days from now. There is no room for you to be scared. No room to run away. The demons are out there and they want to take that little girl, and do awful things to her before they kill her.

Tammy: That’s why you are there, to rescue me from all of the evil that is out there that intends to inflict harm on me.

Fernando: I cant be there all the time for you, husband or not, father of our children or not. You will need to do things on by yourself and your own, pass or fail.

Tammy thinks for a moment, leaving the room in silence during this time. Fernando breaks the silence.

Fernando: Look. I gave Ferro my report, so chances are they wont be coming today or maybe not tomarrow. So, we have the day to ourselves and then some.

She just looks at him.

Tammy: So you’re saying?

Fernando: It does not matter what I said, it does on how you took it.

Tammy: So you would want for us to strip down to nakedness and fool around under the covers to fool around?

Fernando: Is that how you took it?

Tammy: Is that what you want?

Fernando: Maybe I should leave.

Tammy: No!

Fernando: Stop flip flopping on me, what do you want?!

Tammy: Don’t… leave me… please.

Fernando: Why?

Tammy: Because… I don’t want you to… be with another woman out there.

Fernando thinks about it for a while.

Fernando: Talking about Jao Lynn? Don’t worry about her. Eventually I will have to see her before she makes herself a bigger problem than you think Jeanie is.

Tammy: But… I Don’t Want You Near Her!

Fernando starts to take off his jacket and tosses it to the table.

Fernando: I’m giving you 3 hours of under-the-cover alone time with you. And if I fall asleep during this, don’t wake me up.

He kicks off his shoes, followed by the rest of his other clothes and t-shirt before going under the covers in his briefs. Tammy thought about taking off her layers but she shifts over to  him and holds him through the layers and softly cries. For now he holds her, taking an arm out the blanket and putting it against her back under her tail.
-----------
Note:
*MIV-MAIDS – Mammalian Immunodeficiency Virus – Mammalian Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2011, 10:17pm by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #107 - Apr 5th, 2011, 11:23pm

Hondo was already outside workin' on the gettin' the synchronizer set when Valentine returned.  As Hondo looked up she held open her vest so he could see the pair of colt .38 supers in her should holsters. He nodded aprovin'ly.

Hondo: Alright. I think I have this setup right now. Been ages since I've used this thing, an' never done it without someone who knew more 'bout them than I did.

Valentine: Well, the theory is simple enough.

Hondo: Theories don't explain these extra parts I always end up with. Oh well. Fire her up an' well see what she does.

Valentine fired up the old Harley an' after revin' it a few times left it to sit in a purrin' idle.

Hondo: she runs good 'nuff, but I think I hear what Fernando meant.

Valentine: You do? I still don't hear it.

Hondo: It's a gift. I have extra sensitive hearin', so I can hear little noises like that.  

Valentine: but my your ears aren't any bigger than mine.

Hondo: that don't have squat ta do with it. It's somethin' yur born with that just doesn't show on the outside, but it also comes from trainin'. I've lived outside an' in situations that ifin yur hearin' ain't sharp your dead. The hard part is filterin' other noises out in yur mind. Ya need to hear what is normal, then mentally block it out an' listen for abnormalities. It's hard to explain . . .

Valentine: I think I understand. so, the carbs are outta sync a bit.

Hondo: The indicator here says they are, but not by a whole lot.

Hondo helped Valentine adjust it . They adjusted it, revved it, checked it, drove the motor cycle 'round the parkin' lot then checked it again. Once satisfied Hondo signaled for Valentine to shut it off.

Hondo: That's right on the money. Should get a few extra ponies outta her now.

Valentine: I'd like to take her out on the road an' give her a good tryout.  

Hondo: I know, but its not a good idea.

Valentine: Why not?

Hondo: After what we did the other day they are lookin' for us. We need to stay here until it's time to strike. For any of us to leave only gives them an opportunity to take the one that left out, weakens the forces here, an' could possibly give them leverage.

Valentine: Leverage? Ya mean holdin' one of us for random?

Hondo: Ransom or as a hostage/shield to make sure the rest won't attack them.

Valentine: So if they kidnapped me you'd listen to them to save me?

Hondo: As much as I'd hate to, yeah, ifin that's my only option, which you can bet yur life they'd make sure it was.

Valentine: What about Fernando? Would he let you?

Hondo: He'd not stop me without a fight, though I imagine he'd help me as I would ifin it was Tammy.

Valentine paused for a moment as Hondo cleaned up th tools only once he had put them away did she speak again.

Valentine: If I were to get caught don't listen to them.

Hondo: What?

Valentine: The mission is more important than my life. If they were to get me don't come after me. Just finish the mission.

Hondo: What kinda talk is that?  

Valentine: I'm serious.

Hondo: That's what worries me.  

Valentine: But what if they did get me?!

Hondo: Now settle down. First off I told ya why ya shouldn't leave so yur not gonna do anythin' stupid like that an' get caught. secondly even ifin it did happen they'd most likely kill ya on sight.

Valentine: But what if they didn't kill me an' used em against you?

Hondo: No use worryin' 'bout roads ya aren't crossin'. Ifin we're forced ta cross that road down the line we'll deal with it then. Until that time there is no use losin' sleep over it.

Valentine: I see what ya mean.

Hondo: Good. Now how 'bout a sody-pop? I've got some good glass bottled stuff in the downstairs fridge an' I need ta use some of the Fast-Orange that we keep down there ta get the grease off as well.

Valentine: Sure.

Valentine followed Hondo to the basement. He washed up quickly an' she did so as well, since she had a little grease on her.  Once they were cleaned up Hondo walked o the fridge.

Hondo: Help yurself. I keep this good stuff down here ta keep the SWA folks hands off of it.

Hondo grabbed an Sarsaparilla an' Valentine grabbed a cream soda.
 Hondo plopped down on the old couch he had down there an' settled back. Valentine stared at him for a bit until he looked over at her.

Hondo: Somethin' on yur mind?

Valentine: Just thinkin' 'bout your great hearin' an' yur not respondin' to when I said I loved ya.

Hondo: I explained that. Ya not forgive me yet?  

Valentine: I know ya have stuff on yur mind an' ya promised me after it was all over we'd talk 'bout it, but I don't . . . I don't want to die without lettin' ya know again that I do care for ya an' think yur a good person no matter what has happened in the past.

Hondo: Yur not gonna die right any time soon.

Valentine: Ya can't promise that.

Hondo: I can promise ta do everythin' possible, which is a lot more than ya know.  

Valentine: I know ya would, but can ya do somethin' for me? It's kinda personal an' all.

Hondo: I hope ya don't mean . .

Valentine: I don't mean sex. No I don't want to die a virgin, but there is one thing I really want.

Hondo: ok, what?

Valentine: sat down her soda-pop an' grabbed Hondo's an' placed it by hers. She then leaned close an' stared into his eyes for a moment. Then all of a sudden she kissed him. It wasn't a peck on the cheek either, it was a full force passionate kiss that threw him off balance for a bit. He pushed her off once he regained control of his mind.

Hondo: What the hell!

Valentine: I wanted to be held an' kissed by ya at least one time s no matter what happens I have this to remember.

Hondo: well, ya could've warned me first. An' why here an' now?

Valentine: I figured in bed was oversteppin' the boundaries an' puttin' ya into a place ya didn't want ta be in right now an' outside might let someone see us. An' I didn't tell ya 'cause I was afraid ya'd say no.

Hondo: Well, yur reasons are good, but I might have said yes.

Valentine leaned in an kissed him again not as roughly, but slower an' smoother.  She pulled back after a moment as she didn't feel that Hondo was into it very much.

Valentine: somethin' wrong?  

Hondo: I still dind't say yes.

Valentine: But ya didn't say no either.

Hondo: but . . but. . . oh, what the hell.  

Hondo grabbed her an' kissed her roughly, but not too rough. She pulled back this time an gasped for air.

Hondo: Ifin ya want any more take yur guns off first!.  

Val quickly stripped off her vest an' her shoulder holsters an' Hondo did the same. He barely turned back to her when she plowed into him knockin' him down onto his back on the couch to kiss him more roughly. He pushed her up off of him a bit an' raised an eyebrow at the wild, grinnin' look on her face.

Hondo: Ya know ifin any of the other see us like this I'll never hear the end . .  oh what the hell.

With one hand behind her head an' one on the small of her back he pulled her into his for a long kiss. For the next little while they held each other, talked, an' kissed.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #108 - Apr 14th, 2011, 11:02pm

Tammy does not stop crying for another ten minutes, nine minutes longer than it should have. Not amused at the whole spectacle, he looks back at her.

Fernando: Done through crying?

Tammy (sniffling): Why are you being so mean?  

Fernando: Why are you being a little girl? Seriously, Tammy. You need to grow up. Time and time again, this world has shown how mean and vicious it can be towards you. And you worry about 1 woman on a planet of several billion and of me having sex with her? You should be worried about getting caught, getting killed, and how to prevent that if I am not there for you. You understand where I am coming from?

She just nods, though reluctantly.  

Fernando: Now, the choice is yours: we can spend the next couple of hours here or we can make something of this day?

Tammy (nervously): What would you want to do?

Fernando: I have things to do but they can be put off for you for the meantime.

Tammy: No… if you have things to do then get them done, don’t hold things off on the account of me.

Fernando: Then change your clothes and redo your make up.

Tammy: Why?

Fernando: You’re going with me.

Tammy: But…

Fernando (interrupting her): The only butt I want to see is yours, fixing yourself up and getting dressed.

Tammy: But… let me say something.

Fernando: No. Now you listen to me. Trust starts here and now. Just like you need me to be there to rescue you, I need you to be at my side at all times when needed. And I need you now. So go.

Tammy was beside herself, wanting to say something within her god given rights and doing what he is demanding her to do. She takes more time than necessary to take action- sit up on the bed and start taking off her clothes. Folding them neatly onto the foot of the bed, she just sits there and lets out a sigh.

Tammy (to herself): You don’t love me.

Fernando heard what she said, getting a bit more than annoyed, he has to  keep in control of his emotions and not let his anger show.

Fernando: What do you mean that I don’t love you?

Tammy: You don’t show it. You show more attention to Jeanie and now Jao than you ever have to me. Am I am trophy wife or something to show off to others? My wife is Tammy Squirrel! Grab my crotch and say, ‘This is where my babies come from?’ Do I really mean that little to you?

Fernando: If you meant little to me, I would have done things to you, used you, and make you think you owe me such things. If you want to know when, we could start with my rescue of you from the RF agents who were collecting the reward on your tail for one. The price you would have to have paid, sex with me. Same with reuniting you with Bink a couple of days later. Then keeping you off the plane that blew up, everyday you live is a day you owe me. Now if we continue with you joining the SWA, giving you the drug that cured you from the LSD poisoning, more sex, everyday for it is a day that you owe me, now doubled. The list goes on, Tammy. I have taken bullets for you, I even had died for you, and you dare say that I don’t love you? So what we have not had sex yet. What we have is more than just sex. It is love, and you need to rethink all that. Now go before I pick you up and take you there myself.

She just looks at him, hold back what anger she could. But she does not hold it all.

Tammy: You would not dare. Who or what do you think I am!

Fernando: My wife.

Tammy gets up but Fernando grabs her tail before she got too far. She sits back on the bed and yanks her tail from his grasp. He reaches over to her, pulling her to him and holds her against him. She fights back to let him go but it was a futile attempt to do so.  

Fernando: I said that you are my wife, to love and hold and treasure for the rest of my infinite days. You need to stop being stupidly hysterical over nothing. I did not marry you because you are a virgin. I did not fall in love with you because it was easy to do so. I fell in love with you for some unknown reason, and I would reciprocate what you give me. But in this spy game, you females put us males into a situation where only sex is the only means of escape. You females also use sex for entrapment. Understand that I told you that I have a mission to after we are done here. Understand that this mission has just reared its ugly head, and I am mission married to Jao. But that does not mean that I am cheating against you, or that I am practicing polygamy between you and her. Mission marriage is just a front, a disguise for a couple of spies to play a role in a mission, and not the government of China has made such act between her and I permanent. She is my spy partner, but you are my life partner. Understand that difference, and understand that you have nothing to fear.

He slowly lets her go. She sits up as he did, not saying a word. She remains silent as she walks to the dresser and gathers a fresh change of clothes. Fernando crawls out from under the blankets and takes his clothes at the foot of the bed and puts them on. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he gets his sox and shoes, putting them on one at a time. Tammy does the same next to him.

Tammy: Fernando?

Fernando: I don’t want to hear it, Tammy. Be mad all you want with me, but I have a right to live out my life as I see fit. If it meant in I having all those females as sexual partners, then so be it. You had just an equal opportunity in sex as I. And now it means that it might be used as part of my job, I will do what I can when I can if it is necessary. Not because I would want too and take any available opportunity that is there.

Tammy: You are my husband! You are to be loyal and faithful to me and only me!

Fernando: There is a difference between being faithful and doing it on the call of duty. The SWA may not have put you into that situation but I have because of the agency I am with. And believe me, Jao Lynn is not the only one I have done it with. All I can say is that I would never do anything that would disrespect this marriage.

He reaches under the pillow and pulls out his gun. He checks it before taking to his shoulder holster and puts them on. The jacket covers everything as needed. Walking over to his computer desk, he logs into his laptop and goes through various screens and maps before shutting it down. He turns to face Tammy.

Fernando: Lets see your gun.

Tammy: Huh?

Fernando: I said, Lets see your gun.

Tammy: Why?

Fernando: Don’t play that game with me. The video shows the Angie shooting your gun from out your hand. If it is damaged, even in the slightest bit, it will malfunction in action. You do not want your gun to fail when facing Anne, her friends or anyone else who deems you worthless or collecting a reward.

Tammy reluctantly hands over her weapon, letting him to inspect it with a discerning eye. After ejecting a few rounds, he takes the weapon and tosses it in the trash can.

Tammy: Why you did that?!!

Fernando: Because its trash.

Tammy: But Why!

Fernando: The slider and ejection mechanisms were stiff and though movable, has resistance to it. That means that it would jam on you in a fire fight. Last thing you need is for your weapon to jam on you, which it will do.

Fernando: But Nothing Tammy! This weapon is no good. Period. Now…

Fernando gets up and starts walking to the door.

Tammy: I’m to leave without a weapon?

Fernando: Deal with it. Now lets go.

Fernando gets up and heads to the room’s closet where he pulls out an aluminum brief case. He puts it on the bed as he thumbs through the combination locks on it, opening it. Inside was a bunch of North American Arms pistols that he used in the original rescue attempt. He looks over the weapons and ammunitions, a gun at a time until he finds a particular pair: the .32NAA Guardians. Around the handles, a RFID Watch for it.

A final check of them, he puts one into his rear pocket and a couple of loaded magazines in the front suit pocket. The other one he puts on the bed with a couple of loaded magazines with it, along with a box of ammunition. The brief case gets closed and put back into the closet. Fernando gathers the gun, magazines and ammunition box from the bed, taking them to Tammy. He hands her the items.

Fernando: You should know how to use this thing.

Tammy looks at the items handed to her, then at Fernando.

Tammy: Isn’t this..?

Fernando (interrupting her): It is. Now, lets go.

It takes a while for Tammy to put the things in her purse after putting on the RFID, finding that the ammunition box would not fit in it at all. Fernando takes the box and carries it with him.

Together they get to the stairs. Fernando pauses a the top step for a moment.

Fernando (yelling): Jeanie! I’m seeing Jao Lynn and taking Tammy with me!

Jeanie (yelling back from behind her closed door): Alright! What you want for dinner?

Fernando (yelling): Surprise me!

Jeanie (yelling back from behind her closed door): OK!

He takes Tammy by the arm and starts walking down the stairs. With the first floor empty, Fernando leads Tammy to the rear of house to the back doorway. In the parking area, Hondo and Valentine were finishing up on her motorcycle. The men eye each other as Fernando walks to the Porsche with Tammy in tow. Hondo approaches them.

Hondo: Where yous two headin’?

Fernando: Just out for a while.

Hondo: Mind a shotgun?

Fernando: No, but I’ll pass. Its just the two of us. For now.

Hondo: Hmmm. I see.

Fernando nods before opening the door to the Porsche. Tammy gets inside of the vehicle.

Fernando (closing the door): Dont wait up for us.

Hondo: Ifin’ there is any trouble.

Fernando: I know. Call.

They both nod at each other before Fernando steps around to the other side and lets himself into his car. Once inside, the engine starts and idles for a minute. Then the car revs high for a second before going down to a lower idle. The wheels turns to its fullest point before the Porsche jumps out of its parking spot, spinning about with the front wheels as the center point of its pivot. It shoots out the drive way before making a near 90 degree turn onto the highway.

Hondo adjusts his hat as he sees the  tail lights disappear around the turn. Then he shakes his head. Valentine has rode her motorcycle up to as the Porsche made its exit, trying to hide within the noise of the car.

Valentine: Suspecting something?

Hondo: No…

Valentine: Then, what is it?

Hondo: I don’t want to give any man what he is going through.

Valentine: You mean, their relationship? Aren’t they married?

Hondo: Lets just say they have a few marital problems.

Valentine: Well, maybe, they can work it out.

Fernando drives the Porsche hard, but not as fast as he could. Doing 90 miles per hour in third gear creates a lot of engine noise. More so than necessary, having Tammy almost yell at him.

Tammy: FERNANDO!

He puts the car into fifth gear from third, letting the revs go low while sustaining his speed. He does not turn around to look at her.

Fernando: What do you want?

Tammy: Why must you drive like a mad man all the time?

Fernando: Its something I like to do, and do it whenever the situation allows.

Fernando slows down the car to a respectable 75, downshifting into fourth gear.

Fernando: But what?

Tammy: But… you shouldn’t drive like that, at least not all the time.

Fernando: Why are you nitpicking?

Tammy: I’m just saying. I don’t want to get into an accident.

Fernando: I have close to 25 million miles of driving under my belt, and never have I had an accident. I may have smashed a few cars in my time, but those were deliberate actions in my part of doing my job. I am highly trained and highly focused when behind the wheel. So don’t complain about how I do in what I do.

Tammy: So…

Fernando: Look Tammy. Like it or not, I’m focused more than ever because of last night. Me being dead I can deal with. You being shot up and injected with that slave drug I can not. So I need you to shut up and put up when I tell you too.

Tammy: Is that what this is about?

Fernando: What do you think it is?

Tammy: I don’t know.

Fernando: So stop being stupid and start using that mind you have in your brain.

Tammy: Stop being so mean to me!

Fernando: Stop being so Mary Poppins. The world is a hurtful place. There are people that want to see you dead or worse. Being under the influence of a slave drug like that is worse than being dead.

Tammy: What if you get hit with the drug?

Fernando: I’m immune to most drugs out there except for the strongest like Curare, even then the stuff only slows me down. You don’t have the protection that I have, and I can bet that Blowfish powder is part of the drug’s mixture.

Tammy: Blowfish powder?

Fernando: I need you to think. To acquire an encyclopedic mind of facts. The flesh and organs of a Blowfish or Puffer Fish, as it is known, has a powerful Neurotoxin in it, strong enough to kill anything and anyone that would dare eat it. In Haiti it is used by witch doctors in the making of Zombie Dust. Zombie dust when blown into the face of a person, the Neurotoxins starts eating away the frontal cortex, eliminating free will and free thought of a person, thus making them a mental slave willing to do any order to tell them to do. They act and think robotically, without emotions, and will do a task even if they are hurt from it, will continue to do it until they finish, you tell them to stop or are killed in the process. The only antidote to Zombie Dust is taking the zombie out of the area and hope the brain will heal from the damage, a process that takes years, if not decades, if at all. It is the only thing I know that could make such a drug that potent. But the drug he has, has more ingredients in it. What I don’t know. Nor do I want any of that crap in you. I’m not saying that you would volunteer to take it, but to have it put in you, forcibly, is what I don’t want. So understand me being more vindictive and less loving kind of a husband. I already lost one wife due to her independence, I am not going to lose you.

Tammy looks down at her knees, unsure to what to say. Eventually, she gathers some courage to say something.

Tammy: Why are we seeing Jao Lynn?

Fernando: She wants me to do her a favor, I and going to demand for one myself.

Within a minute of saying so, Fernando drives into the garage of the Roma Hilton.

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2011, 12:16am by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #109 - Apr 22nd, 2011, 12:28am

Hondo an’ Val didn’t stay down on the couch for long. Hondo told Val that it might not be good for Fernando to catch them kissin’ like that right now, as he might think they couldn’t handle their end of the mission. They both knew they could still an’ Hondo felt even a bit more resilient. It’d been a long time. He an’ W. I. Rose had kissed a couple times but not like that. Their first kiss had been warm an’ innocent; the later ones, now that he thought back on them, were cold, cold kisses. He had been too busy with the mission an’ loved her too much to question it. Now, with Val, he hadn’t had a kiss like that since he was last married. It was still innocent, but it spoke volumes on how she felt ‘bout him. It was not a kiss of lust, but of deep love. It weakened any questions he had ‘bout how she truly felt ‘bout him, though he told himself he still needed to wait until the mission was over an’ they had a chance to get out from under the stress before he could truly believe they had a chance at a real relationship.

Val was a bit disappointed but agreed with his reasons. Hondo told her they could maybe do it again later ifin things were quiet. She liked that, an’ even though Hondo made out as if he was reluctant to do so again he secretly hoped they could do so again several times. They straightened their clothes, an’ put back n their guns. Once ready they took their half finished sody-pops with them an’ headed back to the garage.  

Hondo: Val, why don’t ya drive yur bike ‘round the back lot a few times. I want ta make sure those adjustments are good when it’s cold too.

Valentine: Alright, oh an’ thanks.

Hondo: Eh, don’t worry ‘bout it. I work on vehicles pretty often.

Valentine: No, I mean lettin’ me kiss ya. It meant a lot to me. Ya just don’t know how much . . .

Valentine turned away as the words choked in her throat a bit. She turned away an’ walked to where he bike was. She knew she loved him. He was one of the first in a long time. There had been others that had tried an’ some she liked, but she never allowed herself to fall in love with them. What was this cowboy gunslinger so different? What made her feel so safe with him? He wasn’t like others, he didn’t dress, talk, or act like what a normal guy was considered to be, but how he was made her comfortable. He was someone she could love all too easily. It almost scared her at times how easy it was for her to love him, but she had seen the hurt in his eyes an’ knew too much ‘bout his past to balk. She knew a good thing when she saw it an’ she knew to balk now might be to lose him forever, but like Tammy said, to chase him or try to force him to make up his mind too soon would chase him away just as fast if not faster.  She hopped on her bike an’ was ‘bout ta start it when Fernando an’ Tammy walked out. She waited as Hondo talked to Fernando quick like then as Fernando started his car she started her motorcycle. The engine purred on it like it never had before. Fernando was right ‘bout it an’ Hondo was good at makin’ it right. They were a team that much she knew. As Fernando pulled outta the drive an’ Val started forward on her motorcycle

Hondo adjusts his hat as he sees the tail lights disappear around the turn. Then he shakes his head. Valentine has rode her motorcycle up to as the Porsche made its exit, trying to hide within the noise of the car.  

Valentine: Suspecting something?  

Hondo: No…  

Valentine: Then, what is it?  

Hondo: I don’t want to give any man what he is going through.  

Valentine: You mean their relationship? Aren’t they married?  

Hondo: Let’s just say they have a few marital problems.  

Valentine: Well, maybe, they can work it out.

Hondo: I sure hope so for both of their sakes.  

Valentine: Is there anything either of us can do?

Hondo: Stay outta their way unless intervention is absolutely needed an’ get this mission finished so that they can have some time ta work things out.

Valentine: you don’t think . . .  Never mind.

Hondo: What? Speak yur mind.

Valentine: Ifin we do, ya know, if you decide ya do like me an’ we get together, we wouldn’t be like that, would we?

Hondo: Why would ya think we would be like that?

Valentine: I don’t know. I guess I’ve seen plenty  of bad marriages an’ always worried that it’d happen ta me an’ I don’t want that. ‘Specially with you. I love you an’ the thought of us bein’ at odds with each other like that . . .

Hondo: Every relationship has its own issues. Ifin we do get that far with each other we will have arguments an’ be at odds with each other at times,  but how often we are depends on how much we are willin’ to accept our places an’ how much of ourselves we are willin’ ta give.

Valentine: I’m not sure I understand.

Hondo: It’s like this, even though a woman is no less a person than a man she has her own place in a relationship.  God gave man the responsibility as the leader, though he should consult with his woman before makin’ most decisions anyway. If the man is doin’ what he’s suppose ta he’s protectin’ an’ tryin’ ta make a home for his woman even at the risk of his own life. In return all he asks if her trust an’ faithfulness. But one of the other most important issues is how they see that. A relationship is like a 3 legged foot race. Only one can lead, the other must follow, but it’s not one behind the other. It’s two side by side, workin’ together. It’s a friendship where each pulls their own load. It’s not a contest between the two it’s a partnership. IT will only work if both are committed, try ta work together, an’ realize when one falls the other falls to, so ta get back up is a joint effort as well. Ya understand?

Valentine: I understand. Ifin I love ya like I should I’ll give myself to ya an’ let ya lead but ifin ya love me enough you’ll lead as my partner, not my better or my master.

Hondo: right.  

Valentine: So what’s with Tammy an’ Fernando?

Hondo: There is a lot of issues there, a lot of stress an’ different ways of thinkin’, but a lot of it, I believe, is Tammy refuses to trust Fernando enough ta let him lead. She thinks she knows better at times an’ I think she lets his past get to her too. She’s worried me lately. She’s gotten unpredictable an’ unreliable. I think she has Fernando worried as well an’ its makin’ him react more firmly, to which she acts worse to. It’s like an oscillation effect that gets worse an’ worse until somethin’ breaks.

Valentine: Well, I hope they can stop it before anythin’ bad happens.

Hondo: You an’ me both! Now how ‘bout ya go run that ‘round the back a few times. I’m lookin’ for some hardware ta secure it better in the back of my truck for the next time we haul it.

Valentine: OK.

Valentine took off on the motorcycle as Hondo fished ‘round the garage for what he was lookin’ for. He found some of it an’ some other things he could improvise. He went to his truck, which was by the back door an’ put the things in it. Behind him, at the back door her heard someone call his name. It was Jeanie.

Jeanie: Hondo!  Are you going to stay around here today?
Hondo: Plannin’ on it. What of it?

Jeanie: I need to run to town to get some supplies and some food for supper. I might be gone for 2 or 3 hours.  

Hondo: All your staff goin’ with ya?

Jeanie: Yes. It will be just you two here.

Hondo: Alright. Thanks for lettin’ me know.

Jeanie returned inside an’ Valentine pulled up beside him on her motorcycle.

Valentine: Anythin’ wrong?

Hondo: Ifin ya call havin’ the place to ourselves in a few minutes for the next couple hours a problem then, yeah, somethin’s wrong.

Valentine grinned mischievously: So could we maybe, ya know, do what ya said we could earlier, ya know, what we were doin’ downstairs, but ya don’t hafat iifn ya don’t wanna, I wouldn’t push ya into anythin’ ifin it made ya feel uncomfortable I mean . . .

Hondo kissed her suddenly. It was with a dual purpose an’ it worked. She both stopped ramblin’ an’ took it as a yes.

Hondo: Why don’t ya put that pan-head away an’ go clean up. I know I smell a bit like sweat an’ grease. A quick shower might not hurt either of us.

Valentine: Yeah, I’ll be right in.

Hondo went inside but watched from a window ta make sure she was alright. When he saw her start ta head in he grabbed a fresh shirt, boxers,  pair of pants, an’ headed to the bathroom. He was in the shower by the time he heard her enter the shower next door. She was hummin’ an old country tune by Conway Twitty called, “I’d just love to lay ya down” as she showered. He smiled to himself an’ ended up blastin’ himself with cold water for the last part of the shower. She really did get ta him like no other woman had in a long time. Not ta say there weren’t any beautiful women that had stirred his blood since he lost his wife, but none like this. There was a true beauty ‘bout this one that radiated from the inside out. That’s what made the difference.  

Hondo got out once clean an’ dressed. He wore black jeans, a black t-shirt an’ a grey over-shirt. He went to his room an’ grabbed that .32 NAA Fernando had given him an’ a small leather clip-on holster. He figured on bringin’ his usual gun rig downstairs with him, but he knew he’d only take them off again. This he could keep on him. He flicked the switch inside to fire mode with a paper clip in case Val needed ta use it an’ left the activation watch in his duffle bag.

Valentine had put her motorcycle in the garage an’ headed to the house. She didn’t know she was bein’ watched by Hondo from seein’ him, as she couldn’t but she felt his warm gaze on her as she walked towards the house. By the time she got upstairs he was no where to be seen. She grabbed some clothes from their room an’ one special item from her saddle bags an’ headed to the bathroom. She could hear the water runnin’ in the bathroom beside her an’ know Hondo was in the shower. She wished she was in there with him for a moment then scolded herself for such impure thoughts, though she smiled at the thought still.

Valentine slipped outta her clothes an’ looked at her naked form in the mirror. She wouldn’t describe herself as a beauty though many would, but she wasn’t ashamed of what she had. She just hoped Hondo would like it. She grinned at that thought too, though she shook her head at herself an’ wondered silently to herself ‘bout her lines of thought lately. She climbed into the shower an’ started washin’ she hummed as she washed though she didn’t really think ‘bout what she was hummin’. Half way through her shower she noticed that the water got really hot. For a bit then leveled off only after the shower next door turned off. She thought it was odd an’ pondered on it for a moment. She figured Hondo must have been usin’ only cold water to make that happen but . . . then it hit her what she was hummin’. She turned red as she realized he must be thinkin’ ‘bout here an’ that song she was hummin’ he probably could hear. She didn’t even mean to hum that one, though it was fittin’. She’s always liked Conway Twitty’s “Love to lay ya down”, but now the song had actual meanin’ for her. She still blushed for a bit as she knew what the cold water was suppose to do, but she tried to keep her thoughts clean. That wasn’t workin’ so she turned off the hot water too. She wasn’t sure that it worked for women as well as it did for guys, but maybe the shock of the cold water would help. It did a little.

She got out an’ dried off. She used a hair dryer that was in there to dry her hair before she got dressed as not ta get her clothes wet from her hair. Once her hair was dry she slipped on a clean pair of bikini cut underwear, a white t-shirt that showed all her curves very well. She was wishin’ she hadn’t used the cold water at that moment as since she didn’t normally wear a bra her nipples showed through the shirt more than she cared for. She sighed an’ unfolded the item she had pulled from her saddle bag. It was a full style western skirt. She slipped it on an’ looked at herself in the mirror. The skirt stopped just below her knee caps so you’d see the tops of her boots with it on. She looked at her shirt an’ decided she’d hafta get an over-shirt still as certain parts were not warming fast enough. She walked back to their shared room an’ heard Hondo downstairs already. She pulled her hair into a pony tail once in the room. She looked at it them took it back loose. Hondo seemed to like it loose better, though he had never said so, but she just knew he did. She grabbed a maroon over-shirt an’ tugged it on. She didn’t button it, but left it open more like a light jacket. It covered her chest enough to make tings not so noticeable. She then pulled a nice pair of leather western boots outta her other saddle bags. They were a small square toe black ostrich skin lowers with turquoise uppers. They looked good with her black skirt an’ maroon over-shirt. She just wished she had a turquoise t-shirt ta go with it. She put on a turquoise an maroon belt on which helped blend the colors an’ would help hold up her gun. Once she was satisfied with how she looked she grabbed one of her 1911 .38 supers an’ shoved it into the waistband of her skirt.

Valentine started to head towards the stairs as she heard Jeanie’s Car leave. Her timin’ was perfect almost as ifin she knew, but how could she? Valentine was sure she couldn’t but some doubt played on her mind. She shook it off as she headed down the stairs.

Hondo was in the kitchen makin’ some ice tea when he heard Valentine comin’ down the stairs. He turned an’ started speakin’ before he saw her.

Hondo: Val, Want some ice teaaa . . .Hot Damn! You look good!  “Whistle, Whistle” Not that ya don’t usually, but I’ve not seen ya spiffed up like this before an’ in a skirt ta boot.

Valentine: Ya like it then?

Hondo: Does Fernando wear dark glasses? ‘Course I do.

Valentine: Good. I thought ya might. An’ I’ll take some tea.

Hondo: Only problem is I’m not sure I wanna take my eyes off ya that long ta finish it!

Valentine: Aw come on, I’m not that good lookin’.

Hondo: Don’t be too sure ‘bout that, but you go sit down in the livin’room an’ I’ll be right there.

Valentine nodded an’ walked to the livin’room with a hop in each step, her boot heals clickin’ at each foot strike. She sat down on the couch an’ Hondo soon came over with the teas. His shoulder rig an’ guns were layin’ in the recliner, but he still had on his vest. Hondo handed Valentine her tea an’ then sat down beside her. They sat in awkward silence for a moment, neither knowin’ what to say or how ta start. Valentine started.

Valentine: Uhmm, so, this is nice.

Hondo: Yeah.

(Awkward silence)

Hondo: I’m sorry, Val. I was never one for plannin’ this sorta thing. Spur of the moment always worked better for me.

Valentine: Don’t worry ‘bout it let’s just talk.

Hondo: OK. Why don’t ya tell me ‘bout yourself?

Valentine: Alright. I guess now is a good a time as any. I’ll hafta someday anyway, I guess.

Hondo:  ya don’t hafta.

Valentine: you mean way think we’ll never work out?

Hondo: That’s not what I mean. I mean ya don’t hafta tell me everythin’ ‘bout yur past. There are some things in mine I don’t care to share an’ I hope you’d trust me an’ care enough ‘bout me ta let me keep things of my past that I don’t care to share in the past. Now, I’d not hold anythin’ back that I think would possibly hurt ya in the future, like enemies an’ such, an’ I’d expect the same from ya, but a person’s gotta have their own secrets sometimes. That’s part of Tammy an’ Fernando’s problem. Tammy wants to have her own secrets but expects Fernando to tell all. I’ve been there for several of those go ‘rounds, believe you me.

Valentine: I appreciate that, but don’t you usually say a true friend is someone ya can tell everythin’ ‘bout yourself to, good or bad, an’ they say they like ya better, not ‘cause of what ya did or are, but ‘cause they know more ‘bout ya?

Hondo: Yeah, but I said can tell, not hafta tell.

Valentine grinned: Alright, you win. I’ll tell ya some anyway.

Valentine proceeded to tell Hondo ‘bout her early years, not knowin’ her mother, how she learned to shot an’ even ‘bout her  IQ level bein’ high, but how she tried to hide it as it often made her feel odd an’ when folks knew she was often an outcast unless they needed help. She then told ‘bout how she was almost raped. She hung her head as she talked ‘bout it, an’ her face was red from embarrassment. Hondo put a hand on her shoulder an’ she looked up at him.  

Hondo: I had no idea ‘bout you bein’ a genius or that ya were sexually abused like that. It explains a lot Val, an’ I like ya even better, not ‘cause of what ya did, what happened,  or what ya  are, but ‘cause I know more ‘bout ya.

Val smiled through her embarrassment: Thanks.

Her eyes were moist an’ he could tell, even though she was a woman she was not used to showin’ emotions like that. When he asked her, she even admitted reluctantly that she never was one to show her hurt feelin’s to anyone. Even her father had not really seen her cry. When she had she waited to let it out into her pillow at night when alone. She recomposed herself an’ started again.

Valentine: this is the hardest thing to talk ‘bout for me.

She then proceeded to tell Hondo ‘bout the night she lost her Pa again. This time she tried to give him more detail an’ she tried to let him know how she felt ‘bout it all. She had told him the basics before, but tried to do so factually as ifin it didn’t apply to her, but was some facts from a book, though she hadn’t done a good job of that last time either. She went through again how she had been there to hide from life as she was almost scared of people after the attempted rape, an’ all that happened there.  She saw her Pa bein’ forced into doin’ somethin’ by EL Jefe Grande, Laurie Ann, an’ a few thugs. All of which had guns out an’ there motionin’ with them at him an’ off in the direction of her Pa’s place. She knew they were threatenin’ him ‘bout her, but could do nothin’ as she didn’t have a gun on her. It was not long after her Pa’s friends got her outta there an’ all but 1 of the group that helped her escape were killed by the thugs as they were tryin’ to get to her. Even since then she has sot revenge almost single mindedly, not left the house without a gun, an’ tried to hide from people as much as she could. She also said how she had felt so alone but had lost fear. She was only afraid that she either wouldn’t get those responsible killed before she died or she wouldn’t die in the fight.

Valentine: It was you who saved me. The moment I saw ya step into that gun fire to save me, I knew there was reasons outside myself to live, the moment you held me in your arms I knew there were good, kind men out there still after all, the moment ya tried ta patch my wounds up I knew I could find a friend again, the moment ya stuck yur neck out ta save me by possibly alienatin’ yourself with yur friends an’ getting’ yourself in trouble with the SWA I knew I could love, an’ the night ya let me snuggle up beside ya in bed so I could feel safe an’ sleep well, I knew I could stay with yiu for eternity.

By now the tears were comin’ down her face quite freely an’ her voice quavered at times, but she still kept in control of herself otherwise.

Valentine: I also realized that I don’t deserve ya. I’ve been stupid an’ selfish. I tried ta push ya into a place we’d both have regretted an’ I’ve used ya without givin’ ya anythin’ in return. I’m sorry, I just don’t deserve you!

Valentine stood up quickly to leave but she found that Hondo was holdin’ her hand an’ wasn’t lettin’ go. When he had grabbed it she wasn’t sure, but she was sure he’d been holdin’ it for a while.

Valentine: Just let me go.

Hondo: Your talkin’ foolishness, gal.

Valentine: NO, I’m no good . . .

She was cut short as Hondo yanked her back towards him an’ into his lap. He kissed her lovin’ly. It was a soft, slow kiss, full of love, laced with passion but asked for nothin’ in return. It was a kiss of pure comfort an’ Love. She was sure then an’ there that he loved her even ifin he wouldn’t admit it to her or to himself. He left up after a bit so that he could see into her eyes. She had settled down a bit, though her eyes were wet an’ tinged with red.

Hondo: Val, ya’ve done more than I can say fer me. Ya’ve given me a new lease on life as well. After all I’ve been through I never thought I’d find a gal like ya that would love a scoundrel like me. Most wouldn’t give me time to straighten things out, or love me even while I can’t say I return the same love. I do care about ya a lot an’ I could so easily allow myself ta love ya, but for us both I hafta straighten a few things out. Also, ‘bout tryin’ ta get me ta make love to ya as ya thought ya owed me an’ all that, I think I understand better why ya were actin’ like ya were an’ such, so no need ta explain. I think we need each other, even ifin it will only be as friends. Ifin ya try ta understand my oddities an’ just understand that certain things in my past made me like I am an’ I can do the same for ya, we’ll get along fine.

Valentine: Thank you for sayin’ that, but is that enough ta pay ya for all ya’ve done for me?

Hondo: Val, don’t count who owes who what. Ya do that an’ you’ll end up either slavin’ yur life away ta pay a debt or left feelin’ short changed an’ bitter. I started out ta do what I did for ya ‘cause that’s what I do. I save people when I can. From an undetermined point after I continued ta do for ya not only cause ya needed me to, but cause I cared for ya. Ifin ya care for me too then let what ya do for me be ‘cause ya do care. An ifin ya want ta stay with me an’ do what I do after this is over I ask that ya help save people ‘cause they need savin’ an’ we can do it. Also when ya do save someone ya don’t keep track of who ya saved or what it cost ya.  

Valentine: I understand. Yes, I can do that. Can I ask ya one question?

Hondo: Go ahead.

Valentine: I know ya just said a lot here, but I notice you an’ Fernando both don’t talk a lot. Ya only talk when ya have sometihin’ important to say an’ ya both just seem, I don’t know, different. Ya risk your lives to help others for a livin’, yet ya ask nothin’ in return, not even recognition. I’ve never met folks like you two before.  Ya both are quiet an’, I don’t know, seem older than ya are, inside that is. I don’t even know how ta describe it or how ta ask what I’m askin’.

Hondo: I think I know what yur getting’ at. There’s an old country song that I think answers yur question. The verse I have in mind goes like this, “Trying to be a hero, winding up a zero can scar a man forever, right down to your soul. Livin’ on the spot light, can kill a man out right cause everything that glitters is not gold.” That answer yur question?

Valentine: Yeah, I think I understand.

Hondo: Good.

Valentine: You’re done talkin’ I take it.

Hondo: Yup.

At that he pulled her too him an’ kissed her hard an’ passionately for about 20 seconds. When he let her go she grinned wryly at him.

Valentine growled playfully: Is that all ya got?

Hondo: why don’t ya find out?

Val sat back on her knees an’ took off her over shirt. Her nipples had warmed up so they weren’t imprintin’ as bad as before, but he had her stirred up so they were still showin’ some, but she didn’t care. She didn’t care ifin he took her all the way, but in her mind she knew he wouldn’t an’ she wouldn’t try to make him as she knew he was worth waitin’ for. She growled again an’ launched herself into him knockin’ him back into the couch an’ lip-lockin’ even before his head was fully down on the couch.. Once again he put on hand on her shoulders just below her neck an’ the other at the base of her spine. He used both to pull her close into him, as he loved to feel her warm, soft, but toned body against him. He rubbed her back intermittently as well. She initially had her hands on his shoulders but then changed intermittently to having them over his shoulders or cuppin’ his face in her hands. They changed who was on top a couple times, kissed sittin’ up, standin’ up, an’ even fell off the couch an’ stayed on the floor for a bit. They didn’t kiss the whole time as they spend some time just holdin’ each other, feelin’ the closeness of their bodies an’ even laid arm in arm starin’ into each other’s eyes as ifin to look into the others inner most bein’, their souls. For both it was probably the most intimate thing they had done an’ they had done so both fully clothed an’ no sex was involved.  

No matter what would happen to them in the upcomin’ days they would both look back on this time with fond memories. They knew even then that ifin they never were able to do this again, though they hoped they could, that this moment together was worth a lifetime of troubles to get. As they held each other the radio in their room could be heard in the silence of the house as it an’ they were the only noises there.  The song on the radio was a song by Darius Rucker an’ it went like this:

“Got a baby girl sleeping in my bedroom And her mama laughing in my arms
There’s the sound of rain on the rooftop And the game’s about to start
I don’t really know how I got here But I’m sure glad that I did
And it’s crazy to think that one little thing Could’ve changed all of it
Maybe it didn’t turn out like I planned Maybe that’s why I’m such, such a lucky man

For every stoplight I didn’t make Every chance I did or I didn’t take
All the nights I went too far All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close All the things I knew but I didn’t know
Thank God for all I missed Cause it led me here to This

Like the girl that I loved in high school Who said she could do better
Or that college I wanted to go to ‘Til I got that letter
All the fights and the tears and the heartache I thought I’d never get through
And the moment I almost gave up All lead me here to you                                            
I didn’t understand it way back when But sitting here right now it all makes perfect sense

How I cried when my mama passed away
But now I’ve got an angel looking out for me today
So nothing’s a mistake

It led me here to This”

*Note: The text in green is from the post before. It was added for constancies sake.

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2011, 11:22pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15