Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 9th, 2024, 11:15pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times. (Read 75994 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
Reply #130 - Nov 1st, 2012, 11:51pm

Fernando gets to Rome a few minutes after Marco does, making his way to the St. Lorenzo General Hospital. He curses the Roman traffic along the way.

He knows that he is taking a chance in going to the hospital but it is a chance that he is going to take. In his mind Anne should have taken her action to escape by now, but there was no chatter on the emergency frequencies. There could be a possibility on the situation being kept in-house, which would be stupid on their part with massive casualties to be the end result if they do. He presses on the gas pedal, crossing a red light and blaring his horn as he zooms across the intersection.

In another five minutes of city traffic,  Fernando was pulling into the hospital parking lot. He parks his car in a parking slot closest to the hospital’s main entrance and steps out of the vehicle. Aisapi, the car’s artificial intelligence system, secures itself as Fernando walks away. Going through the swinging doors, Fernando make his way to the information booth line, which was filled with family members waiting to get visiting passes. He decides to cut the line, expecting trouble.

Trouble comes in the form of a large Mafiaso type in a suit holding flowers in one arm, yelling, “Mira madri fonguli..!” (‘Look here mother #$@!er...!’)

The threat is met with having a large bore caliber gun pointed to his face. Those behind and around him panic and charge out of the area looking for cover. Fernando steps backwards to the information desk, giving it a quick glance to see where everything was. Once at the information booth, he yells, “Morgue!”

The panicked booth attendant chatters the instructions in a hurried pace that no one could understand. Despite it, Fernando makes some sense if the finger pointing to the hallway. He decides to leave in that direction, where a couple of nervous guards were there holding their night sticks. As he steps across the Apache line, the two guards step in and swing their sticks at Fernando. The one at his left swings at his head, is blocked and gets a solid fast blow to his nose. He reels back unconscious against the wall with his nose broken. The other swings for the mid section, hitting as hard as he could. Fernando does not flinch on impact, three layers of ballistic protection doing its job if keeping the force of impact to a minimum. Fernando takes the night stick and yanks is from the guard’s grasp, and then grabs his ear and twists it in the motherly fashion he learned from mom. The guard could only bend over in a twisted flaying arms form to lessen the pain as much as possible.

“You’re coming with me...”, Fernando hisses at him and he leads him by the ear. The guard could only whimper with each step he took. It takes two long and grueling minutes to get to the morgue.

Once down the hall facing the morgue, he sees Alessandro and Petrushka by the morgue entrance. They see him as he approaches them with the guarding whimpering as he took steps in an awkward and twisted way. They draw their guns as he got closer. Fernando stops when he is within ten feet from them. With a hard push, he throws the guard to the floor.

“‘Sandro, you read your message about Protocol 51-3?”, Fernando tells him as the guard quickly crawls away.

“What message?”, Alessandro asks.

“Go look on your cellphone. I promise not to do anything.”, Fernando answers.

Alessandro give him a scowl before reaching for his phone. He fingers through the touch screen at the various messages. “From Director Petris? Hmmm… Petrushka, it says for you to establish Protocol 51-3 by order of Director Petris. Know what it is?”

Petra does not answer but puts away her gun.

“Petra?”, Alessandro asks.

“I suggest you read the rest of that message.”, Fernando tell him.

Alessandro continues to read the message though he did not want too, “By special order I command all fratello teams to cease and desist any and all standing orders to capture, arrest and detain Fernando G at all costs. He is under special orders from both I and his agency to capture and terminate the terrorist Anne. You are to assist him and comply to his orders. Any fratello units and Section One and Two agents not willing to comply to these orders are to see me to discuss about the rest of their careers with Public Safety.” He looks up at Fernando, “I don’t believe this.”

“Dare to question it, or are we entering that room?”, Fernando asks.

“And if we enter the room, what do you expect?”, Alessandro asks.

“Tell, during the time you and your cyborg was here, did anyone entered or leave this area?”, Fernando asks.

“Uhm... There was a female doctor leaving from the other room. She had her arm in a sling.”, Alessandro explains.

“That was Anne!”, Fernando exclaims, “Now open the door!”

“How could that be Anne? The rooms are not connected. Besides, aint she dead?”, Alessandro replies.

“Open that door and we will find out if she is. I say a thousand euros that she is not in there and that doctor was Anne.”, Fernando tells him.

“So, who’s going in first?”, Alessandro asks.

“Send in your cyborg to scout the area but not to touch anything and come back to tell us the results.”, Fernando answers.

“Good enough. Petra, you got that?”, Alessandro agrees and asks his cyborg.

“Yes, Sandro.”, Petrushka answers.

Taking the keys from his pocket, Alessandro opens the door to let Petruska in. Fernando steps back from the door to make himself less of a threat to them. In a minute Petrushka opens the door and stands in the doorway, keeping it open.

“There is a dead body in there and a few open lockers in the other room.”, Petra says.

“There should be dead bodies in there, it’s the morgue.”, Alessandro replies in an annoyed tone.

“The dead body is on the floor.”, Petra explains herself further.

“Why didn’t you say so… never mind.”, Alessandro says as he runs into the room. Fernando signals for Petrushka to enter further into the room before entering and following Alessandro. He walks up to the examination room where Alessandro was checking the carotid pulse on the body. “He’s dead.”, Alessandro says.

“Too bad for him. But the question remains, where’s Anne?”, Fernando walks about the place and finds the locker room with its own exit door. “You owe me a thousand euros.”

“I owe you nothing!”, Alessandro says as he walks into the locker room behind Fernando, seeing the other exit door. “Shit. I need to call Marco on this.”

“Go ahead. I’ll be right next to you, not touching any of the evidence.”, Fernando tells him.

Alessandro just scowls at him as he takes out his cell phone. A few taps on the screen, he puts the cellphone to his ear. In a few seconds, Marco answers his phone.

“Yes ‘Sandro?”, Marco asks.

“We have a situation at the hospital.”, Alessandro  begins to explain, “The doctor is dead and Anne’s body is missing.”

“What?!!”, Marco yells on the phone.

“The doctor is dead and Anne is missing.”, Alessandro repeats himself.

“I heard you the first time.”, Marco replies angrily.

“Fernando is also here, and I need an explanation on this...*”, Alessandro tries to explain but Marco interrupts him.

“What do you mean he’s there? Put him on the phone now!”, Marco holds back from yelling.

Alessandro looks at Fernando for a second as he takes the iPhone off his ear and puts it on speaker phone mode. He then stretches out his arm to give Fernando the phone, saying, “Marco wants to talk to you and he does not sound happy.”

Fernando takes the cellphone from Alessandro, “I don’t care if he’s tip toeing through the tulips with Jean. Oh, hello Marco. Tip toeing through the tulips with Jean?”

“I told you, you are not to go to the hospital looking for Anne!”, Marco tells him sternly for all to hear.

“Consider your team lucky that they did not confront Anne or you would have a dead fratello team to deal with and I would be calling for assistance on them. If I didn’t come, they would be found dead, what hours? Days when you come to check up on them? And remember Director Petris’ orders. You are to help me. Not me help you but I will offer what assistance is required after I think about it.”, Fernando tells him.

“You were ordered not to be there. Besides, how did you know where she was?”, Marco tells him sternly before asking.

“Your biggest mistake is using St. Lorenzo for everything.  If it wasn’t for that it would have taken me longer to go through 9 more hospitals with Morgue facilities. Now, how about discussing what we found?”, Fernando answers and then questions as he walks to the doctor’s body.

“What have you found?”, Marco sternly asks.

“Mind you, Alessandro is touching everything and leaving fingerprints behind, not me. But looking at the doctor, red bruising around the neck under the chin. She probably cracked his trachea, but that is not what killed the poor doctor...”, Fernando began explaining.

“Then what killed him?”, Marco asks in an annoyed tone.

“Think about it, Marco. His neck was snapped, as the odd angle his head is in comparison to the rest of his body. Death was instant, at least she did not let him suffer for too long. Lets. There is this locker area we just found. You guys probably did not check it when you brought body over here.”, Fernando answers.

“What about the locker room?”, Marco continues to ask in his annoyed tone.

“I was getting to that. First I have to enter it and see what Alessandro broke this time.”, Fernando replies.

“I did not break a thing!”, Alessandro yells out to be heard.

“Anyways. Looks like several lockers are open, and don’t know what may be missing but the clothes Anne was wearing are here on the floor. Hmmm… Alessandro, check the doctor’s body for his personal effects. I doubt he will have any.”, Fernando explains to Marco and then to Alessandro.

“I don’t remember you being my supervising commander.”, Alessandro says to him.

“Go search the doctor’s body for his personal effects.”, Marco tells him from the speaker phone.

Alessandro follows his orders. It only takes a few seconds for find nothing outside of his clipped on ID Tag. “There’s nothing on him.”, he says.

“If you know his name, you should check DMV records for his personal vehicle. I’ll bet a luxury car that belongs to him is missing from the parking lot.”, Fernando says out loud.

“Why a luxury car?”, Marco asks.

“Seen the hospital staff parking lot?”, Fernando asks and says, “Its full of Mercedes, Lexues, Infinities, Audis, and couple large American cars. I seriously doubt our dead medic will be driving a Toyota.”

“Then consider this as an order, do not leave the place until I get there with a clean up crew. Got that?”, Marco demands from the iphone.

“Sure, why not. I’m not not here when you get here, I’ll be upstairs hacking a vending machine for a free snacks.”, Fernando tells him.

“Stay there and don’t anything stupid!”, Marco almost yells. Having heard enough of this dead end discussion, Fernando hangs up the phone and shuts it off before handing it back to Alessandro.

“I’ll be back from the cafeteria. You and your cyborg want anything? Soda, pastries, coffee?”, Fernando asks.

“Your orders are for you to stay here.”, Alessandro tells him.

“I would like to see you try to enforce an order that does not pertain to me for I am not a member of your agency. Now, lets see – Coffee, light, two sugars? I’ll be back”, Fernando tells him. He then walks out the open door at the main room. He returns from the hospital cafeteria in less then ten minutes.

Marco arrives with Angie twenty minutes after Fernando’s return, seeing him finishing off a pastry and a coffee. Looking around to survey the scene, Marco does not like what he sees. He walks to the far end of the locker room, pulls out his cellphone and makes a call to Priscilla.

“Hello, Priscilla? Yes. What you have on the doctor doing Anne’s autopsy? OK. What kind of car does he drive? A beige Lexus? You got the license plate? Good. Get an APB on it. Anne’s escape and may have taken the doctor’s vehicle. The doctor is dead. We need a clean up crew here. I’ll call Ferro later. Thank you.”, he says into his cellphone. He then steps back to the other room where Fernando stood at the doorway.

“Well?”, Fernando asks.

“A Beige Lexus. Police will be looking for it.”, Marco answers.

“And that will scare her from getting to it when they find it and surround it. Besides, she probably used it to take her somewhere, not bring her back.”, Fernando explains.

“Then what, we cant find her after that?”, Marco asks.

“It’s a general area if she is there. I doubt she would stay, let alone drive the same car to a destination but rather a to pick up point.”, Fernando explains.

“You think you are up to taking her down?”, Marco asks.

“I made a mistake once of not killing her. I’m not going to make that same mistake again.”, Fernando tells her.

“You are going to have to play you’re A-game.”, Marco explains.

“What do you mean by that?”, Fernando asks.

“There is a ninety percent chance that Anne has been repaired.”, Marco answers.

“How are you sure of that?”, Fernando asks.

“We caught one of our own with a repair tool kit and an empty parts box. We have him in detention and are questioning him as we speak.”, Marco answers.

“Bianchi again.”, Fernando says before taking a sigh. He says as he steps to the doorway, “Marco. Get to the safe house and untie Tammy.”

“Where are you going?”, Marco asks.

“Out to get more doughnuts. Where you think I’m going!”, Fernando says before leaving through the door.

Fernando runs down the hall and up the stairs, making his way through the maze of halls that a hospital can be. He eventually gets out to the parking lot and into his Porsche.

Meanwhile down stairs, Marco looks at Alessandro, “Don’t touch anything.” He then signals to Angie to follow him. Together they leave the room.

Fernando makes it to well to do apartment in the rich part of Rome after hiding his Porsche several blocks away in a hotel in door parking lot. He sits hidden in the living room and waits. He checks his gun’s bullets as he waits, and switches to a full magazine.

Anne arrives to one of her many homes in Rome, carrying a couple of bags of groceries. She quietly takes to the kitchen, not knowing she was alone. Fernando keeps quiet as he sees her shadow pass by him. A loud ‘thunk’ tells him that she has put her groceries one of the kitchen shelves. The rustling of the bags says she’s putting away what ever she had bought at the stores.

Fernando crawls his away to the kitchen area, slowly getting up at the doorway. As he hears her go to the refrigerator one more time, he steps in front of the doorway with his gun aimed at her. She turns around to get to the bag and sees him at the doorway.

“You should have shot me when I had my back towards you.”, Anne tells him.

“Only a coward shots anyone in the back.”, Fernando replies.

“So what’s keeping you? Shoot already!”, Anne shouts at him.

“No. Consider yourself under arrest.”, her tells her.

“You’re joking.”, she replies.

“I don’t joke.”, Fernando says, adding, “For murder of a federal agent, grand theft of American equipment from an American facility, physical hacking and theft of American servers in an American facility, terrorism by bombing of an American airline, murder of several individuals on that plane including the Rescue Rangers, UN Staff and members of the SWA. And there is more.”

“BULLSHIT! NO ONE WAS ON THAT PLANE!”, Anne yells  out.

“For all that you’re facing the death sentence in American alone. You’re facing a termination order by the Italian government. With me you get to live long enough to see trial.”, Fernando tells her.

She reaches into the refrigerator behind her and throws a jar of olives at him, missing him by inches. He shakes his head at her.

“You missed.”, he tells her.

She gets frustrated. He pulls back on the trigger on his weapon.

“You know Anne. If you didn’t run away, I was going to make you suffer for you did to me.”, Fernando tells her, “But I see Bianchi rebuilt you. That bastard.” He lets out a sigh. “Anything he gives you, I can take away.”, he says before shooting her in the shoulder, and blowing out the rebuilt cybernetics inside. She instinctively clutches at the wounded area.

He follows his aim on her as she slides down onto the floor. As soon as she is on her rear end on the floor. He shifts his aim to her other shoulder and lets out another shot. Her hand holding the wounded shoulder suddenly drops to her lap. His aim shifts and he shoots her at both hips and knees, then the ankles on both legs and the elbows and wrists on both arms. He puts down his shooting arm and takes out a cellphone. He makes a call to Marco. The call gets answered on the third ring.

“Hello Marco. Where are you? Get a crew over to me. I have Anne incapacitated. No, she’s alive but she will not be moving under her own power. Exterminate her? Not for you people. You want her dead, kill her yourself. And get Ferro to call off the police before they come here. In thirty minutes? I see. I’ll wait for your arrival.”, Fernando says to the phone before closing it and putting it away. Then he looks at Anne.

“The SWA will be here to enact on a termination order on your skank ass for everyone you have ever killed, everything you have ever bombed, every terror plot you involved yourself in. May the lord be more merciful towards your soul. I will not be if we are meet again.”, he tells her.

“Why don’t you kill me here and now.”, Anne taunts at him.

“I don’t outright kill anyone unless it is in self defense. Being faster on the draw, I can outdraw and outshoot most people when they reach for the guns. So I am not going to shoot you here in the condition you are in. Let the little girls who you tried to kidnap or destroy do that for you.”, he tells her. He then reaches for a chair and puts it where he stands and sits down on it. “If you want forgiveness, you are not having it from me.”, he tells her.

“Go #$@! yourself.”, Anne tells him.

“It would not take much to do such to your ass. But I do not need to rape you to prove a point. I already have a loving wife who will do anything I ask. You remember Tammy. You made her a widow and forced me into hiding for several months. You also wanted to eliminate her so you can have Bink. Tammy is that little cyborg’s blood and flesh sister from the same mother. You can not eliminate that kind of a bond. Never. Not even in death will you be able to eliminate that bond and one day Bink would find out what you did to her sister and kill you for killing her and it would only taken a matter of time. And then what? You will be using her in your terrorist acts. You will not change. You will continue to do bad, hurt and kill innocent people because you believe that people like you are above it all and they are just collateral damage. Why? Because you have money? Because you can sway political thinking in this country? You’re just a stupid rich brat who thinks she can have it her way. Well, life it not Burger King; you cant have it your way all the time. Too bad you only have less than a hour to change to a better life.”, he tells her.

“Just you wait. When I’m gone there will be somebody worse than I to take my place, and that person will show no mercy to any of you all!”, Anne tells him.

“Then I wont hesitate to put a bullet into his head. At least I give you the respect you never gave me to sit here and watch you die when they come for you.”, Fernando replies.

“You can bend over and shove that respect up your ass.”, she spits out at him.

“Then have it your way.”, Fernando says as he walks away, taking the chair with him. He rests at against the sofa’s armrest, out of her view but he being able to see the entrance of the kitchen.

In several more minutes the SWA Staff enters the private home with Marco in the lead and Tammy in tow. Angie walks in an scouts the place, where Fernando points to the kitchen. Angie stops at the kitchen entrance, aiming her gun at Anne and signals for Marco to arrive. He, Tammy, the other cyborgs and their handlers gather, looking at her.

Marco turns to Fernando who nods at him.

“Tammy. You need to step outside and wait for me by the car.”, Marco tells her.

Fernando steps up to her and takes her by the wrist, and leads her out the private home.  They can hear Marco give Anne her final decree.

“By orders of the Italian National Republic, we the members of the SWA and Public Safety and Law Enforcement Section Two enact this termination order against you: Anne Rossellini, also known as Padania and the Five Republics’ Bomb Builder Franca for high crimes and treason, for the destruction of property, life and limb against your government and your fellow citizens. You have any last words before we enact on this order?", Marco tells her.

“Go #$@! yourselves.”, Anne tells him with tears running down her face.

Once they are outside, Marco gives the order to shoot Anne – head shots only. The three cyborgs take aim and release a single volley of rounds fired into her forehead area. The shots fired were barely audible to Fernando’s ears as he leans against Marco’s car holding Tammy in place next to him. She pushes off and looks at him.

“They killed her yet?”, Tammy asks.

“From the sound of it, they did.”, Fernando answers.

“I’m glad Bink was not there.”, Tammy replies.

“So she would not be part of a firing squad?”, Fernando asks.

“That too. I just don’t want her to kill so easily. Like you say, only in self defense and when there are no options left.”, Tammy explains.

“Yeah.”, Fernando replies.

“So why did you not kill her?”, Tammy asks.

“I wanted her to suffer, not kill her unless it was in self defense and if there are no options to leave her alive.”, Fernando answers.

“You had your chance.”, Tammy points out.

“I don’t kill the weak or the defenseless. And she was weak and defenseless because I made her that way. She has crimes to atone too, and I am not going to be judge, jury and executioner for her. That is another person’s job to do.”, Fernando explains.

“I see. Want to go home?”, Tammy says and asks.

“I’ll go home. You got to stay with your superiors.”, Fernando tells her. He then steps away from her and starts walking away.

“Fernando, I’m sorry!”, Tammy yells at him when he reaches the intersection.

He continues to walk to the hotel parking garage to his Porsche. He sits down in the driver’s seat for a while. The key gets put into its ignition, and the engine gets turned on. The Porsche slowly drives out of the hotel garage and down the street.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #131 - Nov 26th, 2012, 10:57pm

Hondo grabbed his gear outta his truck an’ hopped in Hillshire’s car, as did Valentine. As they pulled away, Jeanie, her driver, an’ one body guard took off in the opposite direction in her limo an’ Hondo’s truck. The other guard was already on his way up to where Hondo had come from with field glasses.

Within a few minutes they were parked behind the SWA van. Hondo an’ Valentine checked over their weapons quick as Hillshire went off to talk to whoever was in charge of the snipers an’ clean-up crew. It didn’t take long to verify everythin’ was in order as they had probably check each weapon 6 or more times in the last 4 hours alone, but Hondo was a firm believer in checkin’ an’ carin’ for your weapons.

After everything was checked over they cinched their gear on. Hondo had his boot knife, his colt anacondas in a crossed back-belt holster, his 2 colt dragoons .50 conversions on his hips, an’ 2 1911’s in shoulder holsters with a set of crossed bandoleer of filled 1911 clips, 45 colt, .50 dragoon conversion ammo,  an’ shotgun 00 shells. He also had a derringer in his hat an’ his 1887 lever action shotgun in hand. Valentine had Arkansas toothpick strapped to her calf, her 1911 38 supers in shoulder holsters, one 38 colt python cross draw on her left hip, the other in a back holster, a .45 1911 on her right hip loaded with depleted uranium rounds (like Hondo’s were), a single bandoleer mixed with 1911 mags, 38 special, an’ 38-55 rounds, an’ she carried her Winchester 38-55 lever action carbine.

Hondo was just shruggin’ back into his duster, as was Valentine, as Hillshire returned.

Hillshire:  They are all setup. They have snipers to cover all sides. There has been no movement outside and hardly any inside.

Hondo: That’s ‘cause they know we’re here.  Have they spotted a whirly bird?

Hillshire: Whirly bird?

Valentine: Helicopter, chopper, whirly bird, huey, etc.?

Hillshire: Oh, yes. There seems to be one on the far side of the roof, but the rotors are barely visible.  

Hondo: Does anyone have shoulder rockets, bazookas, or the like in case it takes off?

Hillshire: Yes. We have two shoulder mounted anti-aircraft rockets, one on each side of the building. If it head right out to sea we have a small patrol boat with a third on it. They will also watch for any water escapes in case anyone gets past us.

Hondo: Let’s not let anyone get past us. We clean them all out now. Huntin’ down stragglers later is not an option. We need to kill them all now so they don’t have the option of tryin’ to kill us later.

Valentine: What if they surrender?

Hondo: Ifin we don’t kill them now the SWA will later, or worse.  

Valentine: What is worse?

Hondo: Makin’ deals with them. They rat out someone for their own freedom. Then they tell the others ‘bout us an’ we have more trouble on our hand.

Hillshire: Do not worry. Those we make deals with we tend to shoot, via sniper, soon after freeing them. It doesn’t pay to have criminals that might have seen our facility running around. You can never trust someone who rats out their own people. Besides, once their own people find out they ratted on them they will be killed anyway. Our way is just quicker and more humane.  

Valentine: That is just awful an’ wrong!

Hillshire (to Hondo): I thought your team understood their end?

Hondo: So did I

Valentine: I understand my end, but . . .  

Hondo: I told ya you’d think me a monster after this.

Hillshire: You going to be able to hand this or do we have to do this without your team?

Hondo: No. We will handle it. Just give us a moment.

Hillshire: I’ll be right over here.

With that Hillshire walked off a few paces.

Valentine: You really condone this??

Hondo: Yeah. I do.

Valentine: I hate what these folks have done an’ want them to pay for it, but if their guards give up why should they pay for somethin’ they didn’t do? It’s just monstrous!

Hondo (hissed): Listen! These aren’t mall cops, an’ hospital security guards out of work tryin’ to earn an honest dollar to feed families!! These so called guards have rap lists as long as you are tall, ifin not longer! They’re not hired ‘cause they want to protect a businessman, they weren’t hired ‘cause they are known as upstandin’ citizens. Their resumes are drippin’ with blood. Blood of the innocent! Who did you think we would be fighin’?!?

Valentine: I don’t know. I guess I didn’t think ‘bout it.

Hondo: That’s the problem! You didn’t think.

Valentine: Why can’t we just round them up an’ let their blood be on the SWA’s hands or even try to get them expedited to the US?

Hondo: First off. These folks don’t give up. El Jefe hires loyal, dirty gun hands. They will fight to the death, as if they don’t El Jefe would kill them an’ any family they might have. These folks know that gettin’ into this. Second, I don’t trust the SWA with anythin’. We handle this an’ handle it now. Lastly, most of these so called guards are native to here. El Jefe doesn’t haul them back an’ forth with him. Crooks like these are a dime a dozen. So no matter what the local law would get them an’ that’s the SWA. You can hate me for this, but know this, I am doin’ this not for my pleasure. It is for our good. Believe you me, they will kill you without thinkin’ twice. The only way to beat evil like them is to beat them at their own game. I told ya earlier, emotions make ya weak. They are not gonna lose sleep over our death. Ifin they hafta use their gun or not it’s a paycheck. Killin’ you would be like sweepin’ the floor to a janitor. It’s what they do. We hafta be as hard hearted to their death as they are to ours. Only thing that sets us apart is we are doin’ it to save lives. That’s what gives us the upper hand. We have a reason, a purpose to do this. They do it just to support their habits. I need ya with me on this an’ backin’ me 100%. Ifin yur not behind me 100% then you’re weighin’ me down. What’s it to be?

Valentine: I’m with ya, for now. After this I’m not sure. I’ll need some time to think.

Hondo: I expected that.

Valentine: I know. I didn’t believe it until now.

Hondo turned to where Hillshire stood.

Hondo: Hillshire! We’re set.

Hillshire trotted back to them.

Hillshire: Now everyone know what’s what?

Valentine: I know what to do. Kill anyone in there that moves; damn conscience, conviction, or humanity.

Hillshire: Sounds right.

Hondo: Just do your part. We got this.

Hillshire: I hope so. You two get killed and Fernando will kill all of us.

Hondo: So glad to know ya are doing this outta love not duty.

Hillshire (scowled): Just killed them and at least one of you come back, preferably the girl. She’s at least nice to look at.

Hondo: You’d like that, ya would. No dice. I ain’t no Douglas McArthur, but I say this, I shall return. Now tell your people we’re goin’ in.

Hillshire turned an’ talked on his radio to inform his folks. While he did that Hondo grabbed a radio outta his pocket an’ turned it on.

Hondo: Back-up squad, Y’all got yur ears on?

Jeanie: Why wouldn’t we have our ears?

Hondo: Never mind. Just lettin’ ya know we’re headed in.

Jeanie: Good luck.

Hondo: Thanks. Just keep listenin’. I don’t anticipate needin’ ya, but ya never know.

Jeanie: We will be listening ad watching.

Hondo: 10-4, over an’ out.

Hondo turned to Valentine: Well, should we see ifin anyone’s home.

Valentine: Let’s get this over with.

Hillshire came up behind them: We are all set. We’ll follow you a ways off and cover your movements until you get there. After that we will try to find a door or window to back you up through but we’re not going inside unless you call for back-up.

Hondo: Alright. Val, one by one we’ll get up to the first cover spot. As we talked ‘bout before. We have 4 spots of cover before we hafta breach the door. We shouldn’t have any issues until the last spot, but just to be on the safe side, one of us will run over there an’ the others will cover. We’ll switch off coverin’ each other until the last one. We’ll hit the door together.

Valentine: Ok

No sooner had she said ok she was off.

Hondo: Damn her. She’s all pissed off.

Hillshire: Have fun with that.

Hondo: Well, as long as she’s mad at me she won’t worry about me so this is a plus, I guess.

Hillshire: Just be careful that she does not shoot you in the ass like Tam, er, no Tom!  

Hondo: Who, what?  

Hillshire: Never mind. I forgot you didn’t know him.

Hondo narrowed his eyes an’ stared him in the eyes for a moment. Hillshire seemed stressed out all of a sudden. He was hidin’ somethin’ but Hondo didn’t have time to find out what it was.

Hondo: Ifin ya say so. Cover me. I’m off.

With that Hondo darted off to Valentines position. Triela stood by Hillshire’s side and spoke without looking at him.

Triela: You almost blew it.

Hillshire: Shut-up and keep them covered. When the next one moves you move up to their spot. Wait for me at the last cover position. Once we are both there we can cover them until they hit the door. After that you cover them from the door unless I call for you to cover me.

Triela: Yes sir.

Once Hondo made it to Valentine’s position, he looked around, she nodded an’ he took off for the next spot. He had his shotgun in hand, ready as he did a fast sideways walk/run to the next spot, never takin’ his eyes off the goal. Valentine stayed hunkered down as he moved, rifle to her shoulder, eye on the area from where danger was sure to be.

She tried not to think about her an’ Hondo, an’ for the most part didn’t think of them as her mind was so focused on the mission an’ her adrenalin was risin’.  For a brief moment she did think of him as he moved to his next spot. She knew she cared about him an’ she knew she over reacted. She figured on shootin’ anythin’ that moved as fast as possible, but she had never thought of it like that. Hondo was right. He was no more a monster than she was. He just knew the truth of it an’ wasn’t afraid to face it. She knew she was afraid to face some truths, but she was more afraid of failin’ on this mission. She knew to fail would be to sign all of their death sentences. This was not acceptable.

Before she knew it Hondo was in place an’ Triela was beside her. As soon as Hondo nodded for her to come, she was on her feet, rifle in one hand, sprintin’ towards him. She slid in behind him an’ they waited for Hillshire to get to Triela. Once He was there Valentine started to move but Hondo grabbed her shoulder.  

Hondo: I’ll go first from her to the last spot. I have the scatter gun. You can shoot past me with that rifle; I don’t dare shoot past you with this.

Valentine nodded an’ Hondo took off in his same fast pace side walk. She didn’t see him do that the first time as she went first last time, impetuously. She didn’t watch him long as to watch him meant she wasn’t watchin’ out for him. She scowled to herself as she thought ‘bout her sprint. She moved faster, but left herself open. She had a lot to learn, she realized. It hit her how right Hondo was; emotions make you weak in a fight. She let herself get pissed off an’ instead of lookin’, listenin’, an’ learnin’ what she could while she could before things got really hairy she let her anger blind her an’ acted irrationally. She thanked God that he showed her that she needed to cool off before she got in there.

Before she knew it her turn was up again. This time she moved, rifle in hip shot mode, watchin’ where danger could be instead of where she was goin’, as she had time to look at that before she left her last spot of cover.

Hondo sighed a breath of relief as he saw he come this time. She was learnin’.  

In no time Hondo an’ Valentine stood peerin’ past their last spot of cover. Hillshire an’ Triela joined them soon after.

Hillshire: We made it this far without being spotted. Maybe they don’t know we are here at all.  

Hondo: Don’t bet on it gambler. They know we’re here. Them not shootin’ worries me. They must be set inside to wipe us out. Alright, slight change of plans. We need the distracted, worried, an’ possibly bleedin’ before we rush that place or else we’re all dead.  

Hillshire: You might be right. You have any ideas?

Hondo: Yeah, I want snipers to fire into windows an’ the like on the other sides of the buildin’ for 2 minutes. 100 seconds into this I want one shoulder rocket to be placed through those big double doors. Valentine an’ I will be on our feet an’ in before the smoke clears make sure the snipes aim high an’ away from us for the last 20 seconds. This will confuse them. Val, we’ll need to shoot an’ shoot fast. Since the door is all the way to the right almost there should be no one there, so you check right then forward. I’ll take left then forward as I can. We shoot, shoot fast, an’ shoot to kill. We won’t have time for any more than a double tap an’ even then it’ll stress us. Ifin ya can’t get a good kill shot, incapacitate, an’ remember to shoot them again when things slow up.

Hillshire: You are such an old softy.

Hondo: Shut-up an’ get your folks ready. We need to hit that door in less than 3 minutes. Your radio on a secure channel an’ scrambled?

Hillshire: Of course. Just a moment.

Hillshire spoke quickly on the radio and set things up. As he did Hondo pulled a pair of old aviator’s goggles an’ a bandanna out his pocket an’ tossed them to Valentine. She didn’t need any explanation as she put on the goggles an’ tied the bandana ‘round her mouth an’ nose. Hondo pulled up his bandana, that was ‘round his neck up over his nose. He didn’t use goggles as they wouldn’t work with his glasses an’ he didn’t carry contacts. In less than minute things were ready an’ waitin’ on Hondo’s word.

Hillshire: Give us the word and it is a go.

Hondo: Let’s get this over with. Tell them now!

Hillshire (on the radio): Now!

In less than a heartbeat the air ran out with muffled shots from sniper rifles an’ other muffled weapons. Most of the shots just hit the buildin’ but it was for distraction only. Exactly 100 seconds after the noise began the doors were blown inward in a cloud of fire, smoke, an’ debris.  

“NOW!” Hondo yelled as he sprang forward into the mess. Valentine didn’t need any promptin’ to stay by his side as he dashed forward into hell on earth.

Valentine was glad for the goggles as not even half way to the door they smoke hit them. She wanted to choke on it as was an’ couldn’t imagine how bad it would be without the bandana. How he did it, she didn’t know, but Hondo kept plowin’ through the smoke an’ before she could even see the inside well enough to see anyone Hondo’s shot gun was already singing’ out an’ spittin’ its deadly blasts of lead. He wasted no time. She checked to the right like Hondo had said to do an’ there was one guard stumblin’ through the smoke. She froze for a moment, but before he could bring his gun up she snapped outta it an’ placed a hip-shot through his heart. The spray of blood an’ the look of horror on his face was enough to shake her for only a second. She forced the emotion outta her mind an’ tried not to think ‘bout it. There was time to think on it later she realized. Now was the time to be cold an’ unfeelin’. She moved right to her next target then the next without stoppin’. Her only thought was, “So, this is what Hondo meant”.

Hondo had moved in to the left an’ Valentine was soon by his side. He had emptied the shotgun an’ both dragoon colts. He had hoped the explosion would scatter more of them, or at least make them surround El Jefe Grande. Something wasn't right. He dove behind a van that was parked inside and to the left that offered some cover. He reloaded as Valentine covered him, then they switched.

Hondo:  Stick close. Around the front of the van, we’ll use it for cover as long as possible.

Shots were riddlin’ the other side of the van, a few findin’ their way through it. Lucky it was full, but full of what he did not know an’ that bothered him. Valentine took a couple more out by shootin’ through the front side windows as Hondo fired his shotgun over the hood. He ducked down one last time, reloaded it an’ threw the strap ‘round his shoulder so the shotgun hung across his back. He hunkered down, pulled out his Anacondas, an’ readied himself to move.

Hondo: Val,  there is another bay past that door an’ the offices are towards the back far side. We must get there, that is where they will  . . .

Hondo was cut off by a familiar voice calling out and the gunfire stoppin’ at the same time.

Voice: Hondo! Hondo Sackett! Give yourself up and I’ll make sure they spare your little girl friend.

Hondo motioned for Val to stay down as he stood up, guns in hand, pointed at the speaker. He moved to the front of the van as he spoke.

Hondo: That’s bull-shit, Laurie, or whatever you call yourself now. Ya never could lie to me, ya know. I give myself up, you take the girl to El Jefe, an’ he drugs her up. So, no dice!

Laurie: You think you have everything figured out. So I’m lying. Give up, we’ll leave and give your other friends a chance to leave us alone and live. That’s the best I can offer.

Hondo: Bull-shit. If there is any shred of the woman I used to love in there you’d know ya can’t get me with shit like that. Only Sheeple are stupid enough to believe that crap.

Laurie: Then we will have to kill you and take the girl.

Hondo: You’ll never win. Even ifin ya do get the girl an’ give her to El Jefe, then what? You’re old news to him. He’ll have a new play thing. I’m sure he bangs you but what happens when the new girl gets there. She’s young, strong, an’ shapely. You’re getting older, as am I. He’ll throw you out to do his dirty work while he plays with the new girl.

Laurie: He wouldn’t! He loves me!!

Hondo: Yeah, we’ll see how much he loves you when he gets some fresh ass to play with.

Laurie (composed herself): Maybe you’re right. Your argument has merit. It looks I’ll hafta kill you both.

Valentine: Not if I kill you first, Bitch!

Valentine had snuck around the back of the van an’ positioned herself so that Laurie had to turn before she could fire on her. What Valentine missed was the 2 guards makin’ a dash to get in position to shoot her, up on a catwalk.

Hondo: Val! Lookout!

Valentine dropped into a crouch an’ spun at the same time to the direction Hondo had looked. She caught the first guard in the midsection an’ he fell off the catwalk.  Hondo shot the other, but it took his guard off Laurie. As he turned towards her again she was already firing. Hondo had winged her with the .45 colt in his left hand but Laurie’s 500 S&W hit him hard.  

Valentine shrieked as she saw Hondo blown back an’ drop to the floor: Nooo!  

She turned back to Laurie an’ saw her grin an evil grin.

Valentine: You F-in’ Whore! Die!

Valentine shot but Laurie was already spinin’ towards her. Her shot barely hit Laurie’s arm. Laurie shot as she turned but Valentines shot messed up her aim an’ she shot her in the arm. Four guards of whom had escorted Laurie out but had taken covered positions soon after jumped out of the spots where they were hidin’ an’ aimed at Valentine.

Guard 1: Signora, El Grande gave us specific orders.

Laurie: Down, boys! I know what Hector said, and you know that I give the orders when he is not here. This country bumpkin-skank is mine to deal with. So either back off or I’ll tell Hector that you tried to rape me, kapish?

Guard 2: Si, Signora. Scusi.

Valentine held her arm an’ spat at Laurie.

Valentine: Go ahead, make my day! Shoot me, bitch. Shoot me an’ we’ll see how well ya fare with your boss. He wants me alive; we overhead him tell you so 3 days ago.

Laurie: Tsk, tsk. Such a temper. Don’t you worry. I’ll tell Hector that one of his clumsy guards shot you.

Guard 1: Signora! Questo è inaccettabile!!

Laurie: It’s jsut too bad that you understand English.

With that Laurie Shot the guard with her S&W 500. He hit a support beam behind him an’ crumpled to the floor, blood poolin’ instantly ‘round him. The hole in his chest was big enough to sling a cat through without rubbin’ the edges.  

All Valentine could picture was Hondo with that hole in him lyin’ in his own blood. It made her want to fall to the floor cryin’, but she held onto her anger. Emotions in a fight make you weak, but when one must choose between the weakness of pure sorrow or pure, hell-fired hatred that latter aids more than the first. She knew if she had even a glimmer or hope in escapin’ this she must stay good an’ angry.

Meanwhile Laurie had taken 2 steps backwards so to see the remainin’ 3 guards with her an’ keep Valentine in her sights. Valentine growled as Laurie cast a glance her way. Laurie smiled at this then turned her attention back to the guards.

Laurie: How about you three? You joining him or sticking with me?

They looked at each other before one stepped forward.

Guard 4: We stick with you. We don’t understand Engli . .oof!

The third guard belted him in the gut with his AK-47 of which the fourth guard held his gut an’ glared at him. The fourth guard straightened back up, sighed , an’ spoke in broken Italian.

Guard 4: Noi non . . uh. . . capire . . . iglesia . . NO! . . . er. . . l'inglese, Signor

Guard 3 (whispered): Signora, cazzo testa!

Guard 4: l'inglese, Signora cazzo testa!

Guard 3 (face palm): Dio, siamo morti.

Laurie looked at the 3 of them an’ shook her head.

Laurie: Why am I always left with the stupid ones. Alright, your smart enough to be loyal. Now grab his gun and give it to me.

The guards jumped for the gun but the 3rd one got to it first, wiped the blood from it onto his pants an’ handed it to Laurie.

Laurie: Now I kill you with his gun. If Hector doesn’t believe me he can have your body looked at. He’ll see the guards bullets in you and mine in him.

Valentine growled an’ lunched herself at Laurie without sayin’ a word. Laurie cooly shot her in the leg which made Valentine fall face first to the floor. Laurie jumped forward an’ grabbed Valentine by the hair, knockin’ her hat off.

Laurie: You think you can beat me ,you little prairie harpy? It’s laughable. I am far supirior! Guards! Two of you grab her an’ hold her by the arms upright. It’s time for a little target practice!

Valentine groaned as the guards hauled her to her feet by her arms an’ streched them out between them.

Laurie: Your a pretty little thing. Well, when I’m done even the necrophilia crowd won’t want you!

Valentine (through grit teeth): Your insane! What will your Hector think? I know he’s here an’ your takin’ too long to kill me.  

Laurie: He told me to have fun killing Hondo. Well, he was too dangerous to waste time on. He’ll not question me. Now, I think I’ll shoot out your joints first, then if your still alive and haven’t passed out I’ll move on to the parts Hondo must have liked you for. He knows how to pick his sexual play things, that is for sure.

Valentine: You are completely crazy, bitch. When EL Jefe sees the precise wound patterns he’ll know somethin’ is up. He’s not stupid like you.

Laurie: Give it up. You won’t rile me. You see, Hector loves me. If you hope to live you’d better say your prays, you little wench. OH! I’m sorry. God doesn’t protect harlots! I guess your just going to have to die.

Laurie gave an evil cackling laugh. Valentine wondered what could change a person so much as she knew Hondo would not, could not love a woman this evil. A chill went down her spine. She was glad it was to end like this. She did not want to live an’ let them use her body to house such evil.

Valentine: Go to hell.

Laurie: You first.

With that Laurie  checked the gun over, made sure it was loaded an’ took aim.

~ Boom!~

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2012, 9:21am by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #132 - Jan 8th, 2013, 3:09pm

Fernando takes his time to drive back to the safe house, not exceeding the speed limit as he usually does. Thus it takes him almost 90 minutes to dive the distance. He looks at the rearview mirrors occasionally, finding nobody was following. Once on the driveway, he drives to the rear of the house. He parks the car on its usual spot and sits in the car for several minutes.

He thinks about Hondo’s mission should have started by now. If there as no hitches in the mission, Hondo and his crew should be returning around 5 or 6 o’clock. He also thinks about the victory against Anne, finding no comfort in it. There was little to take in other that is was over. At least with Anne, Franco and Christiano Savonarola dead, Padania terrorist activity will drop to almost zero. He’s sure that during the civil peace, arrests will be made, and Tammy will play a role in those arrests along with Bink at her side to protect her when needed.

The few problems that remains is at the café, and Misao herself he thinks to himself. There is no way in his mind that a simple mission in Japan will solve their problems with organized crime. Anytime there is a society, there will be those in that society that will work against it for their self promotion. In the least he believes that he should have a sit down with Misao and discuss the terms of such a mission with his authority to refuse on any condition or reason.

The keys get pulled out of the ignition and put into his pockets. He opens the door and steps out of the car, looking about the place and seeing nothing out of the ordinary. The door closes and he walks about the car, noting every scratch and ding on its molded painted exterior. The good thing about black painted cars is that it takes a lot to show off any scrapes on it; especially when the primer coat is also black, then it could take a hard scrape to bare metal to show off any damage. What small damage he finds can be easily repaired at the local auto paint station he knows that does only exotic cars back in New York City.

Getting into the house, he walks straight to the kitchen where he takes a drink of water and prepares a roast beef and Swiss cheese sandwich on a plate. Thirty seconds in the microwave makes it medium rare, a can of Pepsi completes the meal which he puts in the table to eat. He takes his time to eat the snack but it always seems that he had gulped down the meal in just a couple of minutes.

With the can in the trash and the plate in the dishwasher, he sits on the single living room seat looking at the TV which is turned off. A floating ball of light randomly circles about the room the room.

“Tink.”, Fernando says out loud.

The tiny ball of light lands on the arm rest of the chair he is in, and flashes brightly in an explosion of light. The fairy in a green dress sits on the arm rest with her legs crossed at the knee and she leaning against him caressing his face.

“Tinkerbell…”, Fernando tells her.

“You know I’m not supposed to talk in this world.”, Tinkerbell replies.

“You’re not supposed to talk in any world except to other fairies.”, Fernando explains.

“I know, and we both know Queen Mab made exceptions to a few on this world, with you being on top of that list.”, Tinkerbell reminds him.

He just looks at her sternly, “What brings you here?”

“You.”, Tinkerbell answers, then adds, “Look, we know because she was too deep in that world of evil, you could not save her. And if it were not for you taking action, she would have left Rome as a smoldering crater in just a few years. In short, you saved millions of lives that would be destroyed because of her. And you reunited a pair of sisters doing so.”

“I don’t need to be reminded of what needed to be done and why.”, Fernando tells her.

“You also married that squirrel girl.”, Tinkerbell adds.

“It does not matter to me what happens because of that. She’s willing to allow herself into the entanglement of such a relationship, I am not going to deny myself that I have for so many years and I will do right by her as long as she does right by me, which she didn’t on these past days.”, Fernando tells her.

“Well... if you can find it in your heart, please forgive her. I can tell you that she got caught up in the excitement to capture Anne and you were  the way of that capture.”, Tinkerbell tries to explain.

“Tammy got lucky. I am tired. And I am glad that this is over. ”, Fernando says to her.

“So, I have to ask. Which Fernando are you?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Why do you want to know?”, Fernando asks.

“If you are the Fernando I know, then you are married to that squirrel girl. If you are a new Fernando, then you are not married to her.”, Tinkerbell answers.

“Let me answer it to you this way, if Queen Mab found out that I know what birth mark you have is where on your body, you would be a corporeal being right now.”, Fernando tells her.

Tinkerbell looks at him with raised eyebrows and a dropped jaw.

“Should I point them out?”, Fernando says as he reaches with a pointed finger behind her.

“No.”, Tinkerbell almost demands, grabbing him by the wrist and moving his hand from out from behind her. She puts it on her lap, holding his hand place with both her hands. She continues, “If you are Fernando I know, explain how you came back from the dead.”

“I was not dead, but near death where it seemed that I was dead with help from the bio-energy pills you know about. It kept me alive long enough to be rescued and healed.”, Fernando explains.

“I see.”, Tinkerbell replies. She thinks for a moment before saying, “You treated Tammy badly. Very badly.”

“I know. I was still healing then.”, Fernando tells her.

He pulls his hand off from her grasp. Once he has his hand back, he gets up from the chair and starts to walk to the stairs, taking off his jacket at the same time.

“Where are you going?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“My bedroom.”, Fernando answers her.

“Well...”, Tinkerbell tries to say.

“Join me.”, Fernando tells her.

“But you’re a married man, sir.”, Tinkerbell tells him trying to be all uppity.

“That did not stop you before. And it wont stop you again. Now come.”, Fernando tells her.

“What about your wife?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“She wont be back for hours if not days.”, Fernando begins, “Furthermore she knows what relationship we have and wont question what happens between us. Now you coming upstairs or not?”

“There is nothing for me to go upstairs too.”, Tinkerbell tells him.

He turns around and faces her, “If you think that then you can leave and forget who I am and what I did to help you since you wont help me because I’m married to somebody else. Remember what we have before you leave.”

Fernando continues to go upstairs, losing up his shirt and tie before walking into his room. He keeps the door open for her to come in when she decides to do so, continuing to take off his clothes. Taking off the shoulder holster, he wraps it up with his gun inside and puts it away in the dresser drawer. The shirt is next which is folded up and put on the table. He sits down and takes off his shoes and sock, then gets up and takes off his pants which are also folded and placed next to the shirt on the table. The t-shirt was last to be taken off, folded and placed with the shirt and pants on the table.

He walks about the room before getting onto the bed, crawls under the blanket and puts the glasses on the  dresser’s top. He spends a couple of minutes staring at the ceiling before Tinkerbell walks in. She walks up to the bed and sits on its edge.

“Now that you have my attention, what do you want?”, Tinkerbell asks in a semi annoyed but also concerned tone.

“You. Your mind. Your soul. Your body. But in all honesty, if you were to take off the clothes you have on, I would not take you. I just need to know whether in righting a wrong was right by the actions taken.”, Fernando tells her.

“Feeling guilty about what happened?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“I will dare say that I feel numb about it. And as you know, feeling numb about what happened is not a good thing.”, Fernando answers.

“I see.”, Tinkerbell replies, taking a few moments to think of an answer to give, “In less than five years Rome would be burning from a nuclear fire she would have ignited from her hate of the government, and you stopped it from happening. I don’t agree with what Italy is doing with the broken children they are using but it is not something to kill millions of people for.”

“And how do you know that Rome would have burned if she lived?”, Fernando asks.

“You’re not the only one who Time Travels. Its in the list of possible events in several ‘What-if’ locations. Knowing that the Italian government will not concede to their demands, she uses a nuclear device on the city. With her gone, its not going to happen.”, Tinkerbell explains.

“Still does the actions taken justify the results of righting a wrong?”, Fernando asks.

“If she would live and gotten Bink away from Tammy, she would have used her for killing others in her way and would have taken her to be dissected by Padania and the 5 Republics before sending the results to IRAS and the UN. And that would have been after she sets Rome on fire. So think, one who is so bend on destruction, one who is willing to kill millions to promote an ideal, one who does not value the sanctity of life and takes life for not, needs to be eliminated before they take another life again. Remember, she took your life and was willing to take Tammy’s life as well. So in that light, it does not matter how she was taken down as long as she was taken down because one who does not respect life as they do their own should be disrespected themselves.”, Tinkerbell explains.

“You sure know how to dance around a question. So what is the answer?”, Fernando asks.

Tinkerbell lets out a frustrated sigh. “Yes, it does because she does not respect the life of others, she needed to be disrespected herself like you did to her.”, she tells him.

“And if I did not acted as I did?”, Fernando asks.

“In her anger with the government, she will try to destroy it by destroying the city that supports it. Over a million will be instantly dead, millions more will suffer and die from the pollution created many  years later. The area of the city and many miles away from it will be a dead zone.”, Tinkerbell explains.

“What if I had her arrested instead of terminated?”, Fernando asks.

“Same thing, as soon as she was far away from the city, she would make a phone call. Then that night there would a bright light for a second and then it would seem like the sun is rising from the west, and the city and miles around it would be gone forever.”, Tinkerbell tells him. In the brief bit of silence that passes, she adds, “She has become a destroyer of all life for an idea, a killer for a political belief. She does not care anymore as long as she got her way. She was a agent who got too personal in her mission, too involved with those ideals.”

“What was that?”, Fernando asks with a slight growl in his voice, “Repeat the last thing you said.”

“She was a agent who got too personal in her mission, too involved with those ideals?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Except for Pandana and the Five Republic, who is she an agent for?”, Fernando asks.

“The IRAS.”, Tinkerbell answers.

Fernando lets out a slight growl.

“Something wrong?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Everything is wrong.”, Fernando answers.

“Everything?”, Tinerbell asks.

“It was the IRAS that was helping Tammy to get Bink back but all of the sudden, that help stopped. I would not be surprised if she had something to do with them ending their help. I thought it was funny that she was able to get all sorts of information about us, our whereabouts, our actions. Being an agent for the IRAS explains everything. Even in killing me, she was able to get supplies out of this house without notice, being an IRAS again would allow her to do that. She has abused the power of her position, and used it to her advantage. She wont be doing that anymore. No one else will either.”, Fernando explains.

“What do you intend to do?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Without Annie and Christiano, Padania and the Five Republic will fall within the next few months. But the IRAS will have to be taken down a few pegs, they are a rescue organization, not to be used to promote political ideals from those private organizations through strife and terrorism. They have questions to answer and staff to fire. They need to be reduced to what they started out to be – a rescue group. Not a political organization.”

“What are you going to do?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Put them in their damn place.”, Fernando answers. He slowly sits up on the bed. He reaches out with his hand towards his clothing on the table. They float over across the distance and land in front of him. “Thank you, Tink.”, he tells her.

“I could give you that ability.”, Tink begins, “But you would be a very dangerous person if I did.”

“I’m danergous enough as is.”, Fernando says as he puts on his shirt, “And I am going to be a danger to an organization who thinks they can be more than a government and their conspiracies.” After a pause to put on his pants, “Tink. Could you get Anne’s gun and identification, put it in a plastic evidence bag and put it on the table?”

“Isn’t that stealing?”, Tinkerbell asks?

“It is, but will be returned when I’m done shoving it into somebody’s face. Now will you do me the favor or shall I get the Chronoserver to do it for me?”, Fernando says and asks before getting off the bed to adjust his clothing.

He walks over to the table to put on his sox and shoes as he sits down. After putting on the shoes, he looks down at the table. “You going to do me that favor or not?”, he asks.

With a bright flash of light, the requested items along with a folder of reports about Anne. Fernando looks over the items.

“Thank you.”, Fernando says as he puts on his gun holster. The suit jacket comes on next before going around to the desk to put something in his pocket and and something else on his wrist. He walks over to the bed, puts a hand into a pocket and drops something in front of Tinkerbell. She looks at it, a .38NAA by American Arms Tammy’s back up weapon Fernando gave her when she joined the SWA.

“You know I don’t carry guns.”, Tinkerbell says to him.  

“Put in a suit like mine, copy my wallet and its contents and exchange my name and picture with yours, take the gun and hide the wings. You’re coming with me.”, Fernando tells her.

“I don’t carry guns. Now why you want me to do this?”, Tinkerbell says and asks.

“You are coming with me to the IRAS Headquarters in Rome.”, he says as he takes the gun, drops the magazine and starts to empty the magazine then empties the chamber. He reassembles the gun with an empty magazine and drops it in front of her again. “Now take it, put on a suit like mine, copy my wallet and make it yours and hide the wings.

Tinkebell floats the gun in front of her.

“You cant shoot an empty gun. Maybe throw it like a rock or swing it like a hammer, but you cant shoot it.”, Fernando tells her as he takes the gun from mid air and pulls back on the sliding mechanism, showing her the empty chamber.

She gets up off the bed and watches him go into the desk again and searches. He returns to her with one of Tammy’s small black leather carry all purse, putting the gun in it, they stare each other for a while.

“You better not shoot anyone in front of me.”, Tinkerbell tells him before magicly switching her appearance to match his.

He gathers a brief case and puts Annie’s things into it before handing over the carry all purse and closed brief case to her and starts walking out the room. She follows him to the Porsche down stairs. They get into the car and drive away at his usual triple digit speed. Only Roman traffic makes their 15 minute trip into a half hour trip but eventually they get into the parking lot of the Roma Hilton. He parks the car at his usual spot and unlocks the door for Tinkerbell remotely. He waits for her to step out by the front of the car. Instead of opening the door, Tinkerbell teleports out of the car and next to him. He shakes his head for a moment.

“What?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Nevermind.”, he tells her as he sides his sleeve up and scrolls his finger on a flat glass panel of his iPaw device.

They both disappear from the parking lot and end up in the elevator lobby on the 35th floor of a modern office building. The glass door panels are etched with IRAS letters and logo into the glass.

“And you complain about me teleporting out of the car?”, Tinkerbell complains.

“Just follow me.”, Fernando tells her as he pushes one of the doors open but finds it locked. “Damn them.”, he says to himself as he reaches into his wallet to pull out a pass key. Swiping the passkey through the slot actives the unlocking mechanism. “Lets go.”, he says as he opens the door and points for her to enter first.

Tinkerbell walks in with her typical seductive walk she has when she does walk, which was rare. Her tight suit just made it more so. Fernando lets out a sigh and walks in after her, then passes her to the information booth.

Pulling out his wallet and showing the young receptionist his CIA ID and Sheild, telling her, “Your boss is getting arrested, best for you to go home and get a job at Luigi’s Pizza.”

Tinkerbell does the same in showing her shield and ID at the receptionist, following him with wallets in hand through the offices. After entering into the main hallway, Fernando takes notice of the office doors and the labels on them. It only takes less than a minute to find a glass encased conference room with a meeting of suits inside. But it was not who he was looking for, and continues to walk down the hall.

Tinkerbell picks up her pace to be beside him, “Who are we looking for?”

“The executive regional director”, Fernando answers.

“Oh... but wouldn’t he or she be in that meeting in that other room?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“No. Even if he were, I want us to be alone with him in his office.”, Fernando answers in the coldest tone possible.

Taking  a right and then a left turn, Fernando walks into the executive secretarial area, looking over the secretaries typing away. He walks over to the closest one, making sure she sees his wallet with the shield and ID inside.

“Tell your friends here to have a three hour lunch. We’re here to arrest your boss.”, Fernando tells her.

The secretary looks up at him and then at Tinkerbell behind him who nods back at her showing her sheild and ID as well. She then nods. Fernando turns to a pair of doors on the opposite wall, reading each label on them and finding the one for ‘Executive Regional Director.’

Grabbing the door knob and giving it a twist, he finds it locked, but as Leon has old him, ‘Apply a half ton of force and any door knob will open its door.’ Fernando closes his eyes and lets out a sigh, giving the door knob a twist that increases in pressure until the locking mechanism gives out and the door opens.

Seeing this, and knowing that the door was locked, the secretaries leave their typing area and run in their high heels and tight skirts. Fernando pushes the door open.  

“Gloria, I told you I was to be left alone!”, an elder man yells out from behind a young female intern sitting on his desk facing him.

The door closes after Tinkerbell walks in, Fernando pulls out his gun and walks to his desk from the side.

“ Gloria did not get the message. Tink – send this little one to a stall in the ladies room, and make sure she does not leave until after we do.”, Fernando say out loud.

Tinkerbell waves her hand, her wand invisible to all but her and Fernando. The young intern disappears with a bright flash of light, reappearing in a stall that gets locked up which she can not get out of, and the bathroom door locked as well. The old man looks at Fernando and then at Tinkerbell.

“How you did that?”, the elder man says to them as he sees Fernando walk to to him.

Fernando lets out a hard slap to his face with the back hand of his left hand, “Let me warn you that I am ambidextrous. So if you want to live, you better answer a few questions I have.” He then switches the gun to his left hand and takes his desk name plate with his right.  “Signore Timothy D. Wattamaucher” was inscribed on the plastic laden wooden prism.

“Timothy D. Wattamaucher... I wonder that that D. stands for... Donnel, Dwight, Damien, Donald, Duffus, Dummy, Dingbat...”, Fernando begins to say before smashing the prism on fhe desk and breaks it in several pieces.

Looking at the pieces of broken wood and the newly form dent on the wooden desk Fernando just formed, Mr. Wattamaucher replies in a soft scared tone, “Its Daniel.”

“I did not hear you. Tink, you hear that?”, Fernando asks. Tinkerbell only shakes her head. “Answer and answer loudly for all to hear.”, Fernando adds.

“You’re not going to get away with this!”, Mr Wattamaucher tells him.

“No? Tink. Send us tot he roof and restore this room to before we walked in on this pervert.”, Fernando says. Tinkerbell nods as Fernando asks the director, “How old is the intern? 16? 17?” They all disappear in a flash of light and the room restored to before when they came in.

Once on the roof, Fernando grabs Mr. Wattamaucher by his tie and leans him over the edge of the roof.

“I’m tired of this, now that intern’s age.”, Fernando tells him.

“She’s 15!”, Mr. Wattamaucher tells him nervously, “She’s the daughter of one of my managers!”

Fernando pulls him back off the ledge and pushes him to the outside wall of the elevator motor service room. He taps the director on his chest lightly before taking a few steps away, turns around and aims his gun at the director.

“Anne Rossellini was one of your field agents. What level agent was she and what was she doing on the Bink Polancco case?”, Fernando asks in a demanding tone.

“I am not privy to say who our agents are and what cases they are involved in.”, Mr. Wattamaucher tells him.

“Alright, have it your way.”, Fernando tells him, “Just to warn you. I have ways of making you talk, but I have much more enjoyable ways of watching you die. Now which one shall it be?” He pulls up on the sleeve and slides on his finger on the Paw device on it. They disappear in a flash of light and in a fancy apartment suit but there were no windows except for rooms connecting to it which were locked.

Fernando points to the table, Tinkerbell puts the brief case on it and opens it. Fernando goes through the documents inside. Next to the brief case he places Anne’s guns on the table.

“Lets see.”, Fernando walks away reading the folder, “Anne Rossellini, aka Caterina, aka, Franca – the terrorist bomber and card carrying member of Padania...”

“Who are you, where am I and how we got here?”, Mr. Wattamaucher complains.

“How am I? I’m from the future, and I will tell you this much, you are in a secret place in Rome and it is with my technology from the future that you were brought here to answer questions. If you answer the questions wrong, I will kill you and you will be found as a dead drunk derelic in some alley in Rome tonight. Answer the questions correctly, and you get to live until you crash your car in a drunken rage a few days from now because you cant handle the truth of what happens after this or you die from a heart attack five years from now. Either way I’m shutting down the IRAS starting with you first. The choice it yours. Oral sex with a minor still sex with a minor which in Italy is a guaranteed jail sentence.”, Fernando tells him.

Mr. Wattamaucher gulps.

“Now about Agent Anne Rossellini and the Bink Polancco Case.”, Fernando demands.

“How about you ask her yourself.”, Mr. Wattamaucher tells him.

“I would, if she was not dead. Killed by a mafia termination squad.”, Fernando tells him.

“Now I know you’re lying. I spoke to her just this afternoon.”, Mr. Wattamaucher tells him.

Fernando walks up to him, opening and folding back the report cover, showing the title page to the director, ‘Autopsy Report of Anne Rossellini’ which has a picture of her face on it.

“It happened two hours ago. Should I flip to her autopsy photos and show you?”, Fernando says to him.

“No #$@!ing way! I had just spoke to her this afternoon!”, Director Wattamaucher tells him.

“Now about IRAS Agent Anne Rossellini and the Bink Polancco Case.”, Fernando tells him.

“If you’re from the future, then you should know!”, Director Wattamaucher tell him.

“Somebody from the future that we are chasing killed Anne. This messes up the Time Line as she was not to die for another five years when she takes this job too far. Somebody linked to her and the Bink Polancco case. Now, the details we don’t have.”, Fernando tells him.

“Seems to me you already know everything.”, Director tells him.

Fernando puts down the autopsy report and smacks him harder than before, knocking the director onto the floor.

“Next time I smack you I’m breaking your jaw. Now speak or else I’m killing you if you remain quiet.”, Fernando tells him.

The director whimpers and cries, saying between the sobs, “I don’t know what you want to know!”

“Why was Tammy Squirrel, adult sister of Bink Polancco, never notified of her sister’s hospitalization when the Polancco family was attacked? According to all records we have, it was Agent Anne Rossellini who had a hand in that information. Was she under orders or working alone?”, Fernando asks of him.

“I don’t know, she was probably working alone!”, the director lets out between sobs.

“Now, Wattamaucher. Why is it that I don’t believe you?”, Fernando tells him, then turns to Tinkerbell and points to a far away chair, “Tink, bring me the comfy chair.”

Tinkerbell waves her invisible wand and the chair slides over to Fernando. Fernando positions it to the table where anyone sitting on it could read the autopsy report. He helps Director Wattamaucher to sit on it.

“According to the report, Agent Rossellini was a aupervising field agent searching for wrong doings of the Italian government. That would make her accountable to you. But then again, why was she working with low lifes, rougues and criminals? Seems to me she was so covert in her activities that she forgot who she is. Is that true?”, Fernando explains and asks.

“I don’t knOOOYEOWW--*!!!”, Director Wattamaucher says before yelling out and writhing on the seat. It stops as suddenly as it starts.

“I forgot to tell you. That seat and all the others, along with the table and the tiles on the floor are electrified with the Isreali Auto Anti Theft System. Answer a question with ‘I don’t know’, and you’ll get 40,000 volts with increasing length of time.”, Fernando tells him.

“Why are you doing this to me?!!!”, Director Wattamaucher begs.

“I told you, ‘I have ways of making you talk, but I have much more enjoyable ways of watching you die. Now which one shall it be?’ Now, which one shall it be?”, Fernando tells him.

“Alright. I’ll tell you everything.”, Director Wattamaucher nervously says as he wipes his tears.

“I’m waiting.”, Fernando tells her.

“Anne was under orders to trace what was happening to little girls who suddenly disappeared from hospitals, and she was tracking the Polancco girl.”, Director Wattamaucher tells her.

“Under who’s orders.”, Fernando demands.

“The UN and US Military Intelligence Agency.”, Director Wattamaucher answers.

Fernando looks at him in awe through his dark glasses but his lower face shows anger.

“I see. Tink, restore him of his bodily status before we met and return him and the girl to his room as they were. Erase his and her memories of this meeting.”, Fernando says.

Before the director would say, “Huh?”, he disappears in a flash of light from the room.

“You going to shut down the IRAS?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“Cant. I can deal with the UN, but not the US-MIA.”, Fernando tells her.

“US-MIA?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“I’m part of the CIA, Central Intelligence Agency, which is a civilian organization which uses the military at times for assistance. The MIA is the military version of the CIA, and does not require civilian agency permission to do what as they want and please. They operate on their own and has been known to kill CIA Operatives who get in their way. They don’t scare me for they can not harm me, but they can harm my friends and family which includes you. That I do not want.”, Fernando answers.

“So, Anne...”, Tinkerbell asks.

“She was way too deep to have gotten out on her own. If she would have gotten Bink or the other girls, the MIA would have gotten them, not Padania though she would have thought she handed them over to Padania. Those girls would have been a template for an army of  child and adult soliders for the MIA.”, Fernando tells her.

“Then what do we do?”, Tinkerbell asks.

“We, nothing. I’ll deal with the MIA when I can on my own. Right now, take us and Asiapi Porsche home. I am going to need some alone time with you because of this. Put me to sleep for the next 3 hours and stay with me  when I wake up. I need to dream up of a solution for this. But wake me earlier if Hondo and the others arrive home.”, Fernando tells her.

With a wave of her hand, the room gets restored and they disappear to the safe house with the Porsche parked outside. The evidence gets sent back to where it came from. In his room, Fernando sleeps in his bed with just his briefs on as he likes to sleep that way. Tinkerbell in under the covers with him, laying on her side facing him and brushing the hair away from his forehead.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #133 - Jan 9th, 2013, 10:10pm

OIC: Fightin' writers block an' a lack of time again. I didn't plan on cuttin' off an' postin' until I was further along, but for lack of postin' anythin' recently here it is. I'll try to finish up the rest of the post in the next couple weeks an' get it up. : BIC

Laurie grinned evilly as the shot sounded but the smile quickly faded into a look of confusion.  

Valentine had closed her eyes just before the shot sounded. She stiffened for impact an’ felt a jerk on her arm. She was sure her shoulder had been blown away for a moment, but she felt no pain. She realized her hand was by her side an’ seemed to work. She opened her eyes to see Laurie starin’ down at the floor behind her. Valentine turned slightly to look where Laurie peered. The guard lay in a pool of his own blood.

It felt to Valentine and Laurie that an eternity had passed but it was only 3 to 4 seconds. The guard off to Laurie’s side was the first to act. He jumped an’ spun, brinin’ his gun up as he spun but he never completed that movement as another shot was fired sendin’ him flyin’ back. The shot left a spray of flesh an’ bone on Laurie’s face as she spun to meet this unknown attacker. Her face was one of anger until she saw who it was. Her face turned almost white. She lowered her gun as she turned. The last guard there still held onto Valentines arm, though his attention was on Laurie and the dark figure with the large caliber hand gun. Unfortunately for Laurie the only guard left was the third and most stupid of the lot.

Valentine turned away from the carnage behind her just in time to see the guard in front of her being blown backwards. In the darkness past them she saw someone but had a hard time seein’ who it was. She squinted an’ blinked a few times to get the sweat an’ blood outta her eyes. She didn’t even realize she had a gash on her forehead from the fall she took after her leg was shot, nor did she have time to contemplate it. What she saw was not possible, she thought, but there he was.

Laurie (screamed): NOO! You’re DEAD!! I #$@!ing Shot You!!!!

Hondo (wheezed): You shot me alright! *wheeze* But ya didn’t count on 3 layers of bullet resistant paddin’,*wheeze* a thick leather holster, nor the 1911 ya hit.  

Valentine could see him better as he stepped forward into the light. He was holdin’ his left side, high up. He was breathin’ heavily, he face was cut up, but he still stood fast with his big colt dragoon in his hand pointed at Laurie.

Laurie: Why won’t you just die!!

Hondo: Ifin it makes ya feel better, this hurts like Hell!  

Laurie: It’s not good enough. I wonder though, you stand there so firm pointing that gun at me, but can you really shoot me? Can you shoot the one you love, your own wife?

Hondo: No, I couldn’t shoot the one I love, but know this, you may have the body of my former wife but the woman I loved is dead. Now, it’s time I put her body to rest by shootin’ an’ killin’ the witch that’s livin’ in it. So, backed by the name of Samuel Colt, I commanded you, Demon, BE GONE!

Laurie screeched as she raised her gun to shoot him, but even with her drug induced speed an’ trainin’ she was not match for him. Hondo coolly cocked her revolver an’ fired without battin’ an eye. The shot threw her back against a stack of crates.

At the same time Valentine tried to pull away from the guard an’ did so, but in doin’ so fell an’ bashed her wounded arm an’ leg against the floor.  She squeaked which grabbed Hondo’s attention. The guard was unarmed as his weapon was holstered. He didn’t even have time to draw as Hondo shot him right off his feet without a second thought.  

Hondo took a deep breath an’ walked over to Valentine who sat on the floor.

Hondo: Y’all right, Val?

Valentine: I won’t be ridin’ that bike again for a while. Looks like I’m gonna end up owin’ Fernando again as I need another patch job. Otherwise, I’m alright.

Hondo: Don’t feel that ya owe him. We all owe each other somethin’, but like him, we’re glad to help where we can. Now let’s get you outta here.

With a groan Hondo bent over, grabber her good arm that she held up to him an’ hauled her up.

Hondo: Sorry, not sure I can carry ya, but I can take the weight off yur injured leg.

Valentine: No worries.

Laurie (raspy): You think you’ve won? *cough, cough, groan*

Hondo limped Valentine over to where Laurie lay. There was a huge hole in her mid-section. Hondo’s aim was a bit low, from bein’ slightly hunched over he figured an’ from the pain. Hondo let Valentine sit on a nearby crate before takin’ one more step close to Laurie. He stood there lookin’ over her with his gun hangin’ by his side.

Hondo: I’m sorry I left your body when we escaped all those years ago.  Had we any sign that ya were alive I’d have taken you with us or died tryin’. Had the others not had a medical team you’d have been dead. I wish ya had died. The woman that I knew that had this body was sweet an’ kind. She’d fight alongside me then cry for nights over the lives she had taken. That was back when I had enough heart left to find lives sacred too. Maybe we’re a lot alike now, but at least I can use this hate an’ anger in this black heart of mine to save lives. Now just take yur own advice an’ die.

Laurie: You won’t kill me like this and I’ll live on. I’ll show you! *cough, hack* I’ll live and find you *wheeze* and I’ll take away everything you hold dear while you watch helplessly *cough, groan* as I destroy it! Then I’ll break you to where *groan, wheeze* you’ll never be able to stop the evil. You’ll only be able to watch it until it kills you or you kill yourself to keep from seeing it! Ha HA HAA*choke, cough, hack, wheeze*

Hondo picked up his revolver and aimed it at her, but a shot ripped the air an’ split her skull before he could fire. He looked over at Valentine, who held a smokin’ 1911 .45.

Valentine: That bitch has taken enough from all of us. She won’t take anymore.

Hondo: Ya didn’t hafta shoot her. I would have.

Valentine: Yeah I did hafta. I had to know I could an’ that I helped take her down. Also, I dind’t want ya to be in this alone. Yur not alone anymore. We’re here for ya. Fernando, Tammy, Jeanie, me, all of us. Ya don’t hafta fight alone.

Hondo: I don’t ask others to fight my battles.

Valentine: Ya didn’t ask. We offered.

Hondo: Just wait until ya had time to think like ya wanted. You’ll see me for the monster I am after this is done.

Valentine: I had all the time in the world to think when she had me standin’ in front of her as a target.

Hondo: No, it just seemed like all the time in the world. A person can come to many conclusions when they are faced with their immediate mortality, or the like. But these decisions aren’t always made with a clear head. Ifin ya can’t see yourself doin’ those things with all of life ahead of ya then they aren’t for the best. But for now we need ta get ya outta here. Where the hell is Hillshire, by the way?

As if on cue gunfire erupted from the next set of bays over from them that were separated by a roll up door an’ a couple of walk through doors.  Hondo grabbed Valentine an’ yanked her behind another stack of crates.  The first walk through door to the side of the buildin’ they originally came in burst open an’ Hillshire leapt through. He spotted Hondo ran over to him. Triela was behind him sprayin’ bullets through the door as she came. An angry reply of guns came from the other side. She slammed the door an’ dove behind some crate close to where the others were. She set her weapon to single shot mode an’ started pickin’ off guards that tried to get through any of the 3 walk through doors.

Hillshire: What in the name of god happened? And where were you?

Hondo: Where were we? Where in the hell where you an’ yur girly super soldier? We were hit with 18 guards or so, I lost count. Val’s been wounded an’ my old sweetheart bounced a big ass bullet off one of my shoulder holster guns! We could have used a little back-up!

Hillshire: We couldn’t see from the smoke and there was no good cover to get there so we took the long way around and ended up in the other side. There are probably 30 guards over there.

Triela: There were 38. Now there is 30 *BANG*, 29.

Hillshire: Just keep a look out.

Triela: Yes sir.

Hillshire: Anyway, we snuck in through an open door. From what we heard Laurie was planning on surprising you and killing you two herself. The other guards were a distraction and a test to make sure there were only 2 of you. She was afraid Fernando would be with you. You two she thought she could handle but the 3 of you together, well, she thinks you make quite a team. Frankly, the 3 of you together scare her. El Jefe, on the other hand is scared of you for some reason. He doesn’t give a damn about Fernando. He’d like to see Val as his companion to use as leverage against her Father.

Hondo glanced over at Valentine, but she had scooted over to the far side of the stake an’ was takin’ aim as a door that seemed to be openin’ slowly.

Hondo: She thinks her father is dead!

Hillshire: What the guards said it sounds like he is not. Some partner of his has him for now.

Hondo: Don’t breathe a word of that to anyone! She needs to rest an’ heal from this a while first. I’ll tell her once this is over.

Hillshire: Alright. But like I said, it was guards talking. How reliable their information is I do not know. All I am sure of is that these guards now attacking will find a way over here.

Hondo: I knew there had to be somethin’ up earlier with these guys. They attacked us like they were backed by a large number. I need to get Valentine outta here. She’s not gonna make it much further.

Hillshire: Don’t look at me. I’m supposed to back you up, not pull you or your team out.

Hondo: Yeah, ‘bout that. What happened to ya not enterin’ the buildin’ but shootin’ from secure areas?

Hillshire (grinned): You secured this area right?

Hondo: You folks an’ yur mind games. Well yur here now, anyway. Get yourself into a good position. They are gonna pop open that roll up door as soon as they figure out how to.  We luck out as the raise/lower mechanism is on our side.

Hillshire: You going to call on your backup to get her out?

Hondo: Yeah. Get yur spot. It won’t be long now.

Hondo grabbed his radio outta his pocket an’ moved back by Valentine. He looked it over to find it a bit cracked from him fallin’ on it but it seemed operational. He hit the mic button an’ gave a shout out to Jeaine an’ her men.

Hondo:  Backup crew, y’all there?

The radio was silent for a moment, but then it crackled to life much to Hondo’s relief.

Jeanie: We’re here. Is all well?

Hondo: Eh, we’re not half done here. That she-devil we were after is dead, but we have a little less than 30 guards on the other side of a wall from us, an’ they will figure out how to get to us before long. Valentine’s hurt an’ needs pulled out, but things could get hairy fast.

*CRASH! BOOM!!*

At that moment a forklift with explosives tied to the tines an’ a brick on the throttle pedal crashed through the roll up door an’ blew up at the same time. It’s smolderin’ remains, still havin’ some rollin’ momentum crashed into the van that was parked to their left. The van smoldered an’ would inevitably burst into flames before long.

Jeanie: What was that?!

Hondo: they just figured out how to get through! I need one of your men in my truck A-SAP! Get Valentine out an’ clear out!

Jeanie: Yes, right away!

Hondo dropped the radio into his pocket an’ took up a position beside the already firin’ Valentine. Triela’s H&K UMP submachine gun an’ Hillshire’s H&K G36 guns were autos so they tried to keep heads down while Valentine an’ Hondo focused on getting’ those that tried to sneak through the hole in the wall or  any of the man doors. As the smoke slowly started to dissipate the firing from the other side increased an’ got more accurate. Hondo cursed smokeless powder. Some good, thick, black gunpowder smoke would aid in keeping them an’ their movements more concealed as it would keep the smoke level up.

It wasn’t but a minute or two later when Hondo heard a familiar diesel engine approach. Not much after the truck was heard it was seen. The brush guard on the old truck smashed through the rubble an’ the big, thick treaded tires stomped all the debris in its way. The truck slid to a stop, usin’ the flamin’ van as a barrier. One of Jeanie’s personal guards were in the back hunkered down behind Hondo’s large truck box of which they had turned sideways as a barrier. He was shootin’ as soon as the truck stopped. The tinted windows didn’t let Hondo see who was drivin’ though he figured it was the chauffer.  

Hondo grabbed Valentine by her good arm an’ stayin’ low as possible they made their way to the driver side of the truck as fast as possible. As they approached the door, the driver’s door flew open. The driver jumped out an sprayed a stream of bullets out of a sub machine gun takin’ down 2 henchmen guards that had snuck threw a door an’ were getting’ set to take a shot at Hondo an’ Valentine. The driver then turned to them.  

Hondo: Jeanie! What the hell are you doin’ here? You were supposed to send yur damned henchmen, not come yourself!!

Jeanie: None of them drive stick.

Hondo: That’s a load of bull!

Jeanie: You going to argue or let me get her out of here?

Hondo: Fine.

Hondo opened the back door an’ set her down in the back seat. Valentine lay across the seat an’ held her 38 super 1911 in hand ready in case she needed it.  

As Hondo shut the door Jeanie came up close to him.

Jeanie: Hondo, Fernando is being held by the SWA.

Hondo: What?! How the hell did you know that? And what ‘bout Tammy?

Jeanie: I overheard Hillshire talking on the phone to someone at the SWA before we left the house. Tammy is missing. It sounded like there was more going on but he cut the call short.  

Hondo: Why didn’t you tell me before? I should have dealt with that before this! Damn it all!!

Jeanie: Fernando can take care of himself. You needed to do this mission. Also, I could not get you alone without making them suspicious. I must go.

Hondo: You know ifin he has orders to take us in after this?

Jeanie: I did not hear of any such orders but it is possible.

Hondo: Y’all get outta here. Take Valentine an’ make sure she stays with you. Do not let her come back for me, ya understand?  LOOK OUT!!!

Three of El Jefe Grande’s guards came through the wall. Two of them had micro Uzis an’ the other had a shotgun. Triela took out the shot-gunner, but one of guard sprayed bullets at Hillshire an’ Triela which forced them to duck down farther. The other guard turned towards Jeanie an’ Hondo. Hondo grabbed Jeanie an’ pulled her in front of him, duckin’ his head down. Part of the spray hit him an’ pounded his back like drumsticks thumpin’ on a drum in a marchin’ band. Hondo was grateful for the bullet resistant layers. He wasn’t fully healed from the last time he acted as a bullet barrier, an’ though it didn’t hurt much now ‘cause of the adrenaline flowin’ through him it would later. As the henchmen reloaded Hondo swung ‘round an’ shot the first one through the head with a 45 long colt round from his Colt Anaconda. The second one turned to look at Hondo as he fired an’ it cost him his life. Hillshire took that moment as the guard turned away from him to shoot the idiot in the chest with his Beretta.

Jeanie looked a bit shaken but stood firm.

Hondo: Keep her with you. Ifin Fernando gets out make sure to ask him to not let her come lookin’ for me. Get your Men to follow you back in yur car. Take my truck an’ keep goin’. Call them by radio. Don’t stop until ya get to the safe house! Now Go!

Hondo turned an’ fired at a couple more would be heroes for El Jefe, but they ended up as corpses instead.

Jeanie stood still for only a moment as Hondo shot the last two then jumped into the truck. She swung the wheel hard to the right an’ hit the gas, throwin’ wood, glass, an’ rubble as she took off.  

As Jeanie climbed into the truck Hondo grabbed his shotgun off his shoulder an’ walked forward. Triela an’ Hillshire saw him an’ knew what he was up to. As the truck started to move El Jefe’s men jumped to any hole they could to try to disable the truck or those around it. They did not succeed as they were met with a roarin’ shotgun an’ the rhythmic rattlin’ of two auto assault rifles.

Valentine shot out the window as the truck took off an’ flopped back into the seat as soon as they cleared the building. As soon as they were on their way Jeanie called her chauffer. Within minutes her limo was on her tail an’ she floored the big truck.

Valentine: Wait!

Jeanie: No. we must go.

Valentine: No! I need to help Hondo!

Jeanie: Hondo told me to take you back to the safe house. You are wounded and need medical attention.

Valentine: Help me tie a pressure bandage on it, give me the truck and I will go back. You can return with your men.

Jeanie: No. Hondo told me to make sure you didn’t return. I owe him to do what he asked.

Jeanie heard the cockin’ of a pistol’s hammer in her ear. As she looked into the rearview mirror she could see Valentine, teeth grit, holdin’ a revolver to her head.

Valentine: Ya will give me the truck an’ let me go back or else . . .

Jeanie: Or else what? You will shoot me?

Valentine: You don’t believe I have it in me to kill?

Jeanie: No. I believe you can kill, but I believe you are a good person. You would not kill someone who is trying to help, someone who is not a threat. I know if you kill me you would break Hondo’s heart. You would not do that to him. If you truly love him you will let me do this for him and for you.

Jeanie saw Valentine’s hand tremble a bit an’ a tear flow down here, dirty, bloody, smoke-stained cheek. Moments later she lowered her gun slowly and de-cocked the hammer. Valentine sat back in silence for a minute or two then she whispered softly, to where Jeanie could barely hear.

Valentine: I’m sorry. I . . . I love him so much an’ am so confused. I feel so helpless. Forgive me.

Jeanie:  I understand. You are forgiven this time. This will stay between us and us alone. I give you a warning, though.

Valentine: ‘Bout what?

Jeanie: Point a gun at me again and that pill Fernando gave you will be as useful as a sugar pill is for curing cancer.

Valentine: I understand.

Jeanie: Let us get you back. Fernando and Hondo may need us before this is all over.

Hondo stepped forward into the breach as the truck roared off, emptyin’ his shotgun into the room in front of him. Hillshire an’ Triela joined him which gave him enough time to sling him shotgun over his shoulder, pull his Anacondas an’ continue. Hondo fired several times then stepped behind some boxes. Hillshire an’ Triela took a pile of crates opposite of him to trade shots with the enemy. Hondo reloaded his shotgun an’ each pistol as he could. He figured that they had killed another 10, possibly wounded a couple others. They were still out gunned, but he figured if Triela’s count was right they had 15 strong against them an’ maybe 4 wounded. Whether the wounded could still shoot at the or not he wasn’t sure.  

They didn’t make any headway for a minute or two but he was sure the enemy hadn’t had a chance to organize any better either, but it gave Hondo time to look the area over. He could see they were on the back part of the buildin’. The buildin’ was ‘L’ shaped an’ they were on the bottom of the ‘L’ now. This part contained the offices at the toe of the ‘L’, the rest was storage an’ loadin’ docks.  

The guards were on the office side an’ were holdin’ their ground, which meant El Jefe was still there. If that was so he would be feelin’ like a trapped rat right now. Hondo knew this would make him dangerous an’ force him to make his escape move soon. Hondo only hoped that it would make El Jefe reckless. El Jefe wasn’t stupid; he was a genius of the highest caliber an’ a cyborg to boot. Hondo never claimed to be smarter than him. He knew he’d lose at a game of wits an’ now even strength, though even before he was a tough customer to beat. Hondo’s only hope for defeatin’ El Jefe Grande was the hope of makin’ him act recklessly an’ that his own cause against El Jefe was just. Hondo had been in tighter spots against worse odds, but not of the like of El Jefe. El Jefe was to Hondo as Moriarty was to Holmes. Getting’ through the guards was the easy part. Takin’ down El Jefe would not be easy. Hondo was glad Valentine wasn’t there as the danger was too great.

Hillshire moved from pile to pile as Triela covered him. He made it to the pile of boxes Hondo was behind.

Hillshire: So what is the plan?

Hondo: I didn’t plan to make it this far.

Hillshire: Are you serious?!

Hondo (grinnin’ slightly): Nope. Just wanted to see ya panic.

Hillshire frowned:  This is not the time for that.

Hondo:  Maybe not, but I wasn’t gonna get a better opportunity.

Hillshire sighed:  So, what is the plan?

Hondo:  Kill them; stay alive.

Hillshire: You are not a lot of help!

Hondo sighed: We hafta pick off a few more then rush ‘um. I need to get into that office area. I need you an’ yur little machine-gun girly there to draw them off. We’ll keep pickin’ at them an’ I’ll move round. As soon as I get close back up. They should advance an’ hopefully that will let me slip in behind them.  Got it?

Hillshire: It sounds like a foolish plan but . . .

Hondo: But what?

Hillshire: Better you than us. Just come back alive so Fernando does not kill us.

Hondo: I’ll make a note an’ try to remember to do that.

Hillshire signed at Hondo’s response, though it sounded as an attempt at humor no humor was indicated on his face, not then not earlier. Hillshire knew it was probably to deal with his own emotions. Hondo had said nothin’ about how he had killed his ex-wife or what had happened. Hillshire saw the body an’ recognized what was left of her from breifin’ photos. He figured Hondo had shut-down emotionally.  Hondo’s supposed humor was more to annoy as the only emotion he’d allow himself to tap was hate.  

At Hondo’s nod Hillshire signaled to Triela an’ together they lay down a cover fire. As they fire Hondo moved from pile to pile, post to post, and shadow to shadow.  Hondo moved a few times then stopped shootin’. He let Hillshire draw the fire of the others while he moved carefully an’ unseen into position.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #134 - Jul 5th, 2013, 9:51pm

In the passing hours, Tammy is in her SWA Dorm Room on her agency computer typing up her report. Some 1200 words and 9 pages, she was getting nowhere fast with the details she did not know but only her husband knows. For her it has been a crazy few days, being dragged into a situation and needing to deal with it and her husband. Ferro walk through the open door way, stopping to look at Tammy staring at her computer screen.

“That report ready yet?”, Ferro says loud enough to break Tammy’s concentration.

“Huh?”, Tammy answers before turning to Ferro. She looks at her for a moment, “I’m sorry, I don’t have it ready yet.”

“Any why not?”, Ferro says as she takes a couple of steps to Tammy and then looks at her computer screen.

“Most of the details I do not know. Fernando did his own investigation, to get the details I need and the ending results. I was, err, dragged to where the action was.”, Tammy tries to explain.

“Hmmm...”, Ferro begins to think before saying, “Type up what you know and what you did and submit it. You got an hour to get it done.”

“OK...”, Tammy tries to reply, though Ferro was walking out the door.

Another fifteen minute of editing, Tammy finishes her report and submits it to Ferro’s email. She shakes her head for a moment, as she realizes that the report she submitted was less than two-thirds of what she had before but it was what she knows and what she did. Unfortunately Ferro arrives to her room with the print out of the three pages.

“What is this?”, Ferro asks as she shakes the printed pages of the report at Tammy.

“Its what you told me to send.”, Tammy replies.

“Its very deficent!”, Ferro tells her.

“I’m sorry but that is all I know!”, Tammy tells her in return.

“Then you will call your husband and have him give you those details.”, Ferro tells her.

Tammy does not want to argue, “I’ll see if I can reach him.”

“Do so.”, Ferro tells her before she leaves the room.

But she does not get far as Marco stops her not from getting too far from Tammy’s door. Tammy can hear them speak for a moment before Ferro begins to walk away. Marco stays outside for the moment, presumably watching Ferro walk to the stairs. He then walks to Tammy’s room, knocking on the door frame before walking in.

Tammy looks at the door way, “Oh. Its just you, Marco. What’s up?”

“Just wanted to see how you are doing, that’s all.” , Marco answers.

“I’m OK, considering.”, Tammy begins to say.

“Its not easy shooting somebody, even if they deserve it.”, Marco begins to say.

“Its not that.”, Tammy interrupts him.

“Oh?”, Marco asks.

“Its all this paper work that Ferro wants done and I cant answer any of it because my husband did so much of it.”, Tammy answers.

“But... you shot somebody intentionally to kill them.”, Marco tries to throw in.

Tammy pushes herself from her desk and turns her chair to face him, “Ms. Rossellini wanted to kill me to get Bink and reprogram her for Padana’s deeds against Italy. Furthermore she killed my husband’s agency doppelganger, forcing him into hiding and forcing me to live being a widow until his return. And according to SWA Records, she is wanted for various unsolved murders and injuries from the various bombings she and Franco are accused of. Maybe I can be forgiven for attempting to kill somebody who could not be killed by the normal means I attempted but how can she attone for her sins of conspiracy and murder of dozens of people. I did what I had to do in self defense against her actions of killing me and kidnapping Bink.”

“You have a right in saying that. But it leads to the question, where is Bink?”, Marco says and asks.

“She is in New York with somebody I can trust.”, Tammy answers.

“Can I ask why?”, Marco asks.

“The answer is simple, Marco. I do not want her exposed to murder and violence, even if it is for the enforcement of a nation’s law and peace. A child should not go through this. That is why I have her away with a family friend.”, Tammy tells her.

“She should be here with you.”, Marco tells her.

“Where she is, is none of your business. And before you pull off that ‘She’s your cyborg’ crap, she was my sister long before she became a cyborg, and for both her safety an well being, she is where I want her to be. Just like you have Angie where you want her to be.”, Tammy tells him.

Marco thinks and chooses his words wisely, “Bink needs her medical assessment and training, as you too need your training. The sooner she is here, the sooner that can happen.”

“I’ll return her when I return from my honeymoon with my husband, which will be three months from now from the time I rejoin my husband and we have a peaceful alone time together.”, Tammy tells him.

“And who approved this?”, Marco asks.

“Director Petris did, after you left to tell the others about who’s in charge when in our house. You can verify it with Chief Lorenzo if you like.”, Tammy tells him.

“I don’t have to verify anything.”, Marco tells her.

“Now why are you here?”, Tammy finally asks.

“Well, if you were in a more receptive mood, we handlers were going to celebrate on winning the mission, for without you, we would have not had a chance.”, Marco explains, adding, “And naturally you’re invited.”

“Let me get this straight, I’m invited to a celebration of a murder?”, Tammy points out to him.

“No. It’s a celebration by the handlers of a completed mission. Whether it ended with the termination or arrest of the subject, the mission is over as far as we are concerned. Things will be better to Italia with them out of the public view and influence. That is what we are celebrating.”, Marco points out.

“Then why in the past were there no celebrations?”, Tammy asks.

“There were, its that you were not part of those celebrations. Also when you arrived, this has been one giant mission, a bunch of small ones leading to another.”, Marco explains.

“There were no celebration for the Solvainia LSD Mission and I was part of that.”, Tammy points out.

“There would have been, after your marriage to what’s him name.”, Marco beings to explain.

“My husband has a name...”, Tammy interrupts him.

“His name will not be mentioned within the halls of this agency unless he is here to hear it, except by you. Now, as I was saying; there would have been a celebration, but finding him, his agency doopleganger, dead, threw a monkey wrench into the works and everything as put on hold. Then you left for your home in America to mourn. So without you, there could have been no celebration.”, Marco explains, interrupting her.

“I want no part of any celebration of the downfall of another person.”, Tammy tells him.

“You should reconsider that train of thought. This is not the celebration of a person’s downfall. This is a celebration of a completed mission with no casualties on our end. During war time, this would be a celebration of a battle or war won, which has been happening since the beginning of time.”, Marco explains.

“Go find somebody else to celebrate with. I have work to do, and later a home to go to, which I will want to be left alone when I get there.”, Tammy tells him.

“Alight. Have it your way.”, Marco tells her. Before he steps out of the room, “If you change your mind, then call me.”

Tammy does not acknowledge his last statement as she turns back to her desk. She can hear him walk away for a moment before stopping and the sound of several voices in the hall way as she looks at her computer screen. She does not hear or pays attention to a set of fast pattering feet that was getting louder.

Priscilla barges into her room and almost yells, “Why are you not coming to the end-of-celebration!”

“If you were outside, then you heard me tell Marco why.”, Tammy tells her.

“I heard nothing, and I want to hear it from the horse’s mouth.”, Priscilla tells her.

“I’m a squirrel, not a horse.” Tammy throws at her.

Priscilla just scowls at Tammy for the moment.

“I am not going to celebrate the fall and death of another person, especially when we were involed in their demise.” Tammy tells her, “Now if you don’t mind, I have a report to finish.”

“But you helped in bringing down Anne Rossellini, Italy’s worst terrorist!” Priscilla points out.

“Look. My attempt in bringing down Anne was a personal one that she wanted to take Bink away from me – her sister, and she would have done anything to achieve that goal including getting me killed. It was not for the SWA or for Italy, and if she would have killed my while pretending to be dead, then at least I tried to save what’s left of my family. Now go enjoy your precious little party without me. I want to me left alone.” Tammy tells her.

“I’m not leaving until you come with us.” Priscilla tells her.

“Please leave before I have to call Ferro or the chief and tell them that you are keeping me from my work.” Tammy explains to her as she picks up her cellphone. Priscilla stands there as is to call her bluff. “Hello, Ferro? I’m having a problem with Priscilla as she will not leave my room or leave me alone. Yes, I will tell her. Thank you.” Tammy says on the phone before turning to face her uninvited guest. “Ferro said to leave me alone before she gets here or you will be washing out the pizza vans tonight and everynight for a month.” Tammy tells Priscilla.

Priscilla just stares at Tammy for the moment.

“Don’t come crying to me if you change your mind.” Priscilla tells her before leaving.

“I swear. What is her problem?” Tammy says to herself as she hears Priscilla walk away. She then sits there for the moment before saving her work.

Looking at her cellphone she knows that Fernando will not answer for some reason, puts it away. She thinks for a moment before gathering her things and leaves her room. It takes her a few minutes to get things together and head to her car in the parking lot. She puts h bag on the hood of the Jaguar, fidning it lower than it should be. Stepping back, she finds the two tires on that side flat. Walking around her vehicle, she finds all four tires flat. She releaves a pent up frustrated sigh.

After three cans of “Flat Fix” and the airpump running on the fourth wheel, Tammy closes the trunk and sits in the driver’s seat thinking. After a few moments of looking through the windshield, she closes the door and drives for the her Safe House.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #135 - Jul 21st, 2013, 6:21pm

Before long Hondo was almost behind the last of the gunmen that could be seen in the open. Unless El Jefe Grande had somehow managed to sneak off he was sure there were others in the office area, but how many he could not say. The few windows to the warehouse area were blocked by window blinds an’ the lights in the rooms were too dim to cast much for shadows.  It wasn’t long before he had worked himself behind them an’ to a ladder on the back wall. It appeared to be some sort of maintenance, access ladder of some sort. It came close to one of the upper office windows, which appeared to be open. This appeared to be a good way in, as long as he wasn’t spotted. Once on that ladder, if seen, he’s be a sittin’ duck. Hondo holstered his pistols an’ swung his shotgun so it crossed his back in a more secure manner, all the while keepin’ an eye on the bullet swap that continued. The climb up the ladder made him feel where he had been shot more so. The adrenaline had kept the pain at bay but he felt it all too well now.  It didn’t take long to get to the top, an’ though he had a close encounters with a ricochet or two he made it to the top.  Once at the top he realized the window looked closer to the ladder from the ground than it did at the moment, but he didn’t have time to waste.  He leaped from the ladder to the window, grabbin’ the sill with his hands. About that time his left arm gave out from the brusin’ to his left side an’ shoulder. He lost grip with his left an’ hung precariously by his right an’ it seemed as if he might fall for a moment. That was enough to give him another burst of adrenaline. Hondo managed to overcome the pain long enough to hoist himself in the window. Once inside Hondo sat, pantin’ on the floor as he tried to regain composure an’ keep the pain under control. He had taken worse beatin’s an’ had more to come even today, he was sure, but he wasn’t getting’ any younger an’ the hard life he had lived thus far was bein’ felt today in full.

Hondo push himself to his knees then rose slowly to his feet after about 30 seconds. He peered around the empty room an’ saw nothin’ that needed any investigation so he moved towards the door. He pulled his dragoon colt before he tried the door. It opened easily an’ quietly as Hondo stepped carefully into the hall. It was dimly lit an’ empty.  Hondo make a quick sweep of that floor. The few small offices here looked unused for the most part, but the large conference room had been used heavily. It was the one with the large skylight that they had spied on them through a couple days before.  No one was around so he took a minute to snoop around. There were piles of empty food containers, papers here an’ there as well as parts to weapons, some ammo and empty mags. The place was a mess. Hondo thought out loud, in whispered tones as he looked around.

Hondo: I think we might actually have ya worried, my ol’ enemy.  

Hondo saw some drawin’s on a table against the wall.

Hondo: Ifin yur worried, you’ll have a plan. I know yur smart but yur cocky. Hopefully cocky enough to left me a clue.

It didn’t take long for Hondo to find somethin’ that gave him a sense of urgency. He held up a layout of the warehouse an’ marked on it was placements of bombs with one central area mark as having  a larger load.  

Hondo: Shit! What next?

As soon as he said it he regretted it. The sounds of a helicopters startin’ up could be hear on the roof.

Hondo: I had to fricken ask!  

Hondo dug into his pocket an’ pulled out the battered radio he had an’ tuned into the frequency that Hillshire had been usin’. The damn thing was pretty well shot but he got it to work. They had a secure channel but it only encoded an’ decoded their own broadcasts while still allowin’ non-coded message signals in. Hondo talked into the radio as he moved down the hall. The warehouse layout had shown that each bomb had its own control panel but that there was a timer start button an’ time read-out on the stairs to the roof. Hondo knew it was left intentionally for him to find but ifin the count-down had started he needed to see if he had enough time an’ if he could intercept El Jefe Grande. Hondo knew he could not let this monster escape again. He had to kill him again!

Hondo (into radio): Hillshire! Get out, the place is rigged to blow! I repeat get clear of the buildin’. The place has multiple self-sustainin’ bombs.

The radio crackled to life.

Radio: This frequency is being used by law enforcement.  Get off this channel or we will find you and prosecute you.

Hondo: This is Hondo Sackett, I am attached with Fernando’s Team an’ am leadin’ the clearin’ out of this buildin’ in front of ya! There is several bombs in here an’ . . . SHIT!

Hillshire (on the radio in a whisper): Control that is Sackett. Hondo, your radio signal is not encrypted.

Hondo: I don’t give a damn! Listen! I am lookin’ at a control panel you have 75 seconds to get out of here before the bomb blows.

Hillshire: We are coming in after you.

Hondo: I said get your #$@!in’ Asses out of this buildin’! Now! 65 seconds.

Hondo started up the stairs to the roof when his radio came alive again.

Hillshire: We are out! But as we left 5 guards ran in. They are probably headed to the roof.

Hondo (to himself): Shit that’s all I need.

Hondo was out of time but bein’ surrounded wouldn’t work. He upholstered two pistols an’ raced down the stairs to meet them head on. He was runnin’ out of time an’ didn’t feel like dyin’ today. He expected at any second to see the guards but saw none until he hit the first floor. Several guards were tryin’ to come in an’ saw him at the same time. Hondo raised both revolvers an’ started firin’ 4 went down right away, another two wounded staggered back an’ they along with the rest tried to run out the door that most likely Hillshire an’ his girl had gone through. Hondo didn’t see it but heard the rattle of gun fire that ended them as they ran out of the buildin’. Hondo was about to dash for the door himself when he heard a door down the hall slam shut. He ran down the hall an’ threw open the door just in time to see a trap door in the floor of a large closet shut. He had less than 15 seconds an’ knew he’d never make it out the door. Instead he keyed up his radio one last time.

Hondo: The chopper is a fake! El Jefe Grande has gone underground! Repeat Copter a decoy! The Rat is underground!

Unfortunately, the damage to the radio an’ his bein’ deeper in the buildin’caused his transmission to be choppy. All that was heard by the SWA was:  (static)Chopper fake (static)Jefe Grande has gone (static)Decoy (static)The Rat (static)

Hillshire (on Radio): Get out of there!

Hondo: If I don’t make it tell Fernando an’ Val I’m sorry.

What was heard was : (static)Tell Fernando (static) Val I’m sorry.

Hillshire: NO, GET OUT!

Hilshire’s last message was deafened by the sound of multiple small explosions followed by one large one that seemed to have happened all at once.  The helicopter had taken off an’ was shot out of the air for good measure. Decoy or not they were takin’ no chances. The buildin’ itself lay in rubble; several fires burnt as well which added to the smoke an’ dust in the air. Fire trucks were call immediately but most knew it would be too late for anyone left inside. Triela tried to run into the buildin’ but was held back by Hillshire.

Triela: We gotta save Hondo!

Hillshire: No. We can’t it’s too late.  

Triela: He might still be alive

Hillshire: Even if he is he will be broken to pieces and he won’t live long. If he did he would be an invalid. That is no way for a free cowboy to be.  

Triela: The SWA could save him like they did me and the other girls!

Hillshire: Hondo? A cyborg?? No, that would never work. Besides he’s too old for our use.

Triela: But he was there for me and all the other girls back when Fernando . . .

Hillshire interrupted: You are not to speak of that event. It was good that Hondo was there for you and protected you but he would have shot me without blinking ha I got in his way.

Triela: Fernando probably will. He warned you to bring them both back alive.

Hillshire: He did, didn’t he?

The fires burnt for hours an’ even then the materials were too hot to handle. By the time things would be ready to look for bodies it would be dark. Since the hope of survivors was not even a thought in anyone’s mind, the hunt for bodies was put off until first light. The SWA clean-up crew stayed to keep control of the situation and do what clean-up they could before the press could find out anythin’. Back at the SWA the mornin’ paper’s headlines were bein’ sent into the papers offices. The headlines read: “Faulty Electrical and Explosives Storage Do Not Mix.”

Hillshire, Triela, an’ all other specialist personal retreated to SWA headquarters to wait for new orders an’ repercussions from Fernando.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #136 - Dec 6th, 2013, 7:22pm

Tammy drives at slightly higher than normal to the safehouse. She arrives into the gate in less than 45 minutes though a pick up truck and a Rolls Royce Limosine drive up behind her. Together the three vehicles drive up in file to the rear of the complex and randomly park themselves near the rear of the house. As they got out of their vehicles, Jeanie and Valerie rush to Tammy.

“Tammy, there you are! You know where Fernando is?” Jeanie says as she approaches her.

“Fernando should be upstairs. Why? How went your mission?” Tammy answers and then asks. Then she notices Hondo not being there, “Where’s Hondo?”

“He was in at the warehousse last we saw him. He told us to leave the area and come here. Of couse Miss Valentine here needed some coaching to come with me.” Jeanie answers.

“I see.” Tammy replies as she starts to head to the rear door of the house. She puts her hand on the knob and tries to twist it, finding it lock. “That’s strange...” She says to herself.

“What is it?” Both Val and Jeanie say.

“It’s locked.” Tammy answers.

“Then just use the key.” Jeanie says.

“There is not key for this door.” Tammy answers.

“Then let’s use the front door.” Val is heard before hee turns the corner of the house.

Jeanie tells her guards to check out to the outdoor area as they head to the front door, and not to enter until she calls them. During the minute it takes them to walk around th house, Fernando is downstairs in the liviging room area checking out his weapons and other personal items. Tinkerbell is ordered to leave if anybody heads upstairs, where she is hiding in his bedroom waiting for him.

Like the back door, the front door was locked as well. But when in doubt, one has to ring the door bell.

The door slowly opens itself just enough to look inside. Valentine puts her forearm against the door and pushes it fully open before stepping inside. Fernando was on the phone while closing his laptop screen as they walk in.

“Alright. Establish a premeter around the area and I’ll be there. And tell your guards to allow me through. I expect you to wait for me to get there.” Fernando says before hanging up the phone. He looks at the three of them.

“Who was that?” Jeanie asks before the others.

“It’s none of you of your concern. You three are to stay here until I return.” Fernando tells them. “Jeanie. Tend to Ms Valentine’s wounds, then the place. We should have a victory celebration.”

“I’m not hurt.” Valentine complains.

“Wait until you sit down and relax, Ms. Valentine. When the Adrenaline drops down you are going to be in a lot of pain and that is going to be the least of you worries. Jeanie...” Fernando tells them.

“Yes sir...” Jeanie tells him before taking Valentine by the arm, “You’re coming with me.”

“Now wait a minute...” Valentine complains.

It goes on deaf ears as Fernando starts to walk away.

“Fernando?” Tammy asks as she trots over to him. She takes him by his arm, forcing him to hold back on his defense reflex that might have hit her.

He looks at her, “I said for you and the other to stay while I’m gone. Among other things, the SWA might be dropping by, so be ready for them if and when they do. I do not want this place to be empty when they come.”

“Alright. When should I expect you to come back?” Tammy asks.

“Soon enough. Before nightfall.” Fernando tells her.

“I’ll be here waiting for you then.” Tammy says.

“Keep the doors locked so nobody can get in without you letting them in. Jeanie, get your men in here and guard from the inside.” Fernando says before leaves without saying goodbye.

In a minute the sound of his Porsche 928 engine roars to life and can be heard leaving the premises. Jeanie gets her men into the house as Fernando drives onto the main highway. With kilometer markers passing at every 5 seconds, Fernando makes it to Rome in slightly over a half hour. Getting to the docks took another 15 minutes. Fernando parks his Porsche a few blocks away where the neighborhood was respectable. A couple of more minutes, Fernando walks up to a security detail behind what was left of the docks, tappig his cane louder to get their attention.

“Who are you and why are you here?” one of the Italian police tells him.

Fernando slowly reaches into his pocket and pulls out his American Agency shield holder and shows them the identication and shield inside, “That is who I am, and Public Safety Officers Marco Tongi and Victor Hartmann are expecting me. Are they here?”

“There are no one here by those names. Go back to your agency and wait for the press release to give you all the news media detail.” The officer tells him.

“Hold on to that thought while I verify your information...” Fernando puts away his identication and then  pulls out his cellphone and presses a few buttons to make a call. After a couple of rings somebody answers. “Hello Victor. You’re on the docks? I’m going to hand the phone over to  one of these police officers. Please explain to them that I am allowed in the area to see you and Marco. Thank you.” Fernando says on the phone before handing over the officer.

The voice on phone does not sound happy and the demeanor of the officer changes to one from abusive authority to respectful fear. Soon the phone is handed back to Fernando by a shakey hand.

“I’ll take you to him right away...” the officer says to Fernando.

“I can find the place myself. You two stay here and do your jobs accordingly.” Fernando tells him before he steps away.

He walks up to the dock area tapping his cane in front of him. Soon he disappears around the corner from their sight. The dock area and piers seemed untouched  by the devastation of the exploded dock warehouse. Not far away was Marco and Hillshire. Fernando approaches them tapping the cane in front of him loudly. They turn to face him.

“You can cut out the act, we know you can see.” Marco says out loud as Fernando gets closer.

Fernando stops when he gets next to them, folding the cane as he looks at the carnage in front of him.

“Hondo has not ben found?” Fernando asks.

“No. And it would take days to get an excavating crew here to clean this up just to find him.” Hillshre explains.

“Try checking under the docks.” Fernando tells him.

“Why should we check under the docks?” Marco asks.

“Considering how this building collapsed, I would think that his body had to fall through the floor and into the water. I’m sure the news media would love to post on the 11o’clock news ‘Local Fisherman finds Dead American Cowboy Armed with Guns in His Fishing Net.’” Fernando tells him.

Both Hillshire and Marco look at each other.  

“I’ll be back later. If you find Hondo under the docks, he has rights as an American agent working under me.” Fernando tells them.

“We’ll see what happens.” Marco tells him in kind.

“Don’t see. Do. Remember who got Anne for you. All I want is the favor to be returned.” Fernando tells him. He then nods at them and starts to walk away. It takes him a while walk the distance back to the two security guards. He stops by them for a moment but not look at them, “I’ll be back. Tell the next shift about me in case you two have to leave.”

“Will do.” One of the guards replies.

Without giving a reply, Fernando starts to walk away. In a few minutes Fernando walks up to his car. He looks around for a moment, seeing an alley, which is normal for this area of town. What catches his eye is a manhole cover in the middle of the alley.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #137 - Jan 3rd, 2014, 9:39pm

Hondo coughed an’ blinked as he tried to gather his thoughts. He felt pinned down an’ could see nothing. Where was he? What happened? He hurt all over, especially his chest, but though confused he remained calm as possible while he tried to piece together what happened to him.  Slowly it came back: the mission, getting’ shot to protect Val, searchin’ for El Jefe Grande, an’ the bomb. It all rushed back to him then.

Just as the bombs went off he had jumped into the closet. Fortunately for him the bombs were not synced well and the further ones went off first an’ destabilized the floor around the trap door, which he had leapt onto, that lead to an underground escape tunnel.  He fell in an’ was partially buried under debris but several large structural beams had fallen over top of him keepin’ the mass of the burnin’, crumbling’ building’s rubble off of him. Unfortunately for him he hit his head on the way down an’ blacked out for several seconds or more.    

He didn’t know how bad it was as all he remembered of the explosion was the boom then the floor givin’ way an’ plungin’ him into darkness. He could smell the smoke but some air source close by was pushing the smoke up an’ away from him for the most part.  After a bit his eyes started focusing again an’ were growing accustom to the dark. The light from a flicker of fire above him cast a faint glow as did somethin’ further along. At first he thought the tunnel lead to the shore line as the warehouse sat almost at the water’s edge, but the tunnel seemed to lead away from the shore and towards the city. He swore violently and bitterly in a low voice as he thought of Hector Hatfield getting’ away. He could NOT fail. It wasn’t an option! His right leg was free but the other had somethin’ pinnin’ it down an’ he had a beam an’ part of the trap door framin’ across his chest, but though it put pressure on his chest it wasn’t layin’ with its full weight on him, which was good. He knew he needed both legs free to wiggle out so he kicked hard whatever had his leg pinned down. He soon would consider that a bad move as pain shot through his leg causin’ him to cuss again and make up some new swear words as the ones he knew just didn’t seem to do the job. He didn’t cuss just cause it hurt but cause he was pissed off and it seemed like the thing to do. The debris had something sharp pointing down and stuck into his leg. Hondo figured they were probably nails, definitely more than one, and they were stuck into his left leg.  After he recomposed himself he managed to get the heel of his right boot hooked under the large chunk of wood and nails. A couple deep breaths then he kicked upward to try to flip it up and away.  It was too close though to get a good kick with and it only pull out of his leg, hopped down a few inches an’ made some new holes.  He knew he shouldn’t had have got up this morning.  After he made up a few dozen new words an’ likened the situation an’ El Grande to everythin’ except a Christian he recomposed an’ went for another go. The few inches he had gained the last time was enough to position it so he could kick it up higher an’ move his left leg out of the way, though it hurt like a “som’bitch”! He laid still for another half a minute breathin’ deeply and getting his pain under control. He knew every second he wasted gave El Jefe grande that much more of a head start so he rested no longer but proceeded to wiggle out from under the beam and shit that lay across his chest.  It was painful an’ his side felt like there was probably a chunk of wood stuck in it, but he was pissed off and had enough adrenalin in his system now that the pain was dulled greatly. Once free he took stock of what he had. He had most of his weapons, though his rifle would need sited in again and his shotgun stock was beat up pretty bad. His revolvers were still in place an’ had probably saved him from worse injuries. What he couldn’t find was his 1911. After some searching with a small flashlight he kept in his pocket he finally found it. The beam that had fallen across his chest had only not lay fully on him as a spike on it had hooked the 1911 an’ pinned it against the concrete wall of the tunnel. The weight was too much for him to lift an’ the pistol looked pretty mangled. He had an extra clip for it full of depleted uranium rounds an’ he knew he’d need them. Hector was too much cyborg he was sure. He knew Hector too well. He wouldn’t have stopped his upgrade at what was needed to save his life. El Grande was a power-hungry animal that wanted to smash his enemies with his own hands when he could and after Hondo had whipped him once he’d not leave himself vulnerable again. Hondo took and pulled two of the DU rounds out of their casings an’ pulled two lead bullets out of two .45 Long Colt rounds. He replaced the DU rounds into the Long colt brass and put them in one of his derringers. He tucked his pants into his boots an’ clipped it in the inside of his right boot where it couldn’t be seen but he could reach it. The little derringer wasn’t a very accurate weapon thus he usually loaded it with 3” .410 shells loaded with 00 shot. He knew the only way he’d get a shot anyway was close up. El Grande would probably get the drop on him he knew and would strip him of his guns, but this one wouldn’t be seen. Also that bump to the head left his vision unreliable at best an’ the injuries and adrenalin left his hands less steady. It left him with one option; close up or not at all.  

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2014, 1:23pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #138 - Feb 8th, 2014, 1:28am

OOC: Not the post y'all have been waitin' for but one closer to it. Next post, Hondo Vs Hector (El Grande): a fight to the death!:BIC

Hondo tied a bandana ‘round his left leg up high to slow down bleeding from the several puncture holes it had sustained an’ checked briefly for other wounds. His side had what felt like wood chunks stuck in it but they didn’t stick out too far as to get into the way an’ he wasn’t sure how deep they went. Pulling them out could possibly cause more trouble and would insure EL Grande’s escape.

The tunnel was dark but a faint light way ahead let Hondo see at least a rough outline of what was ahead. He checked his shotgun’s action and once satisfied it would work he made sure it was fully loaded.  

He started forward an’ stumbled after just a few yards. Though he could see a rough outline of the tunnel he couldn’t see that the floor was cracked up and very uneven. He didn’t want to give himself away but he knew sneakin’ up on them wouldn’t work in his condition anyway. He had to lose to win. He dug into one of his pockets an’ pulled out a small roll of electrical tape which he used to crudely secure his flashlight to the shotgun barrel.  Now he could see wherever he pointed the gun.

Hondo started off again at a fast paced limp, now that he could see the floor, an’ slowly forced himself into a sort of trot. The more he went the more his muscles loosened an’ the more the pain caused his system to surge with adrenaline until he didn’t feel anythin’ at all except his need to end Hector an’ his destructive enterprises.  

On up ahead the tunnel split off in three directions. There was some sort of vent to the top side there that spilled some light into the tunnel. It was obvious here that the tunnels were used for running water, electrical, steam, gas, an’ other items under the city. There had to be several maintenance hatches, but most were in the middle of the street. Using them would be suicidal at worst an’ alert the law in the very least. No, it had to be further on in the old town where there might be some access to a basement or the like. Even then it wouldn’t be safe for them to leave the tunnels until after dark. Though the SWA kept the country in the dark information wise, they had other ways of incriminating folks an’ getting their faces put out on an A.P.B.  

The tunnel Hondo originally found himself in wasn’t part of the cities tunnel network. It was put up later as an escape tunnel or as a way to get in without being seen.  Of the three he looked at now only one fit the bill of someone moving through regularly. Of the three the left one was fairly new the dirt and cob-webs showed no one had gone through there in several months. The right tunnel and the middle tunnel were both old but the middle one was low and narrow. The right tunnel, though old showed signs of being lowered and widened to accommodate foot traffic an’ possible smaller freight traffic as well. Hondo continued his pace down the center tunnel after a brief 15 second observation of the three and where he was. He didn’t know the city too well an’ bein’ underground, not to add the way he got there, left his baring’s a might off, but he was fairly sure he was headed around to the old district to the east of the warehouse.  After trottin’ a hundred yards or so in this tunnel Hondo stopped as he thought he heard something. It was voices ahead. He moved a bit more slowly as he wanted to hear what was being said. He got close enough to make out El Jefe Grande talking to the few henchmen that were with him.

Hondo leaned against a wall as he listened, his fatigue, injured body, an’ blood loose was catchin’ up to him. He rested as he listened, tryin’ to gather the strength to end it.  He would either end it now or it would end him as he tried.

Hector Hatfield (AKA El Jefe Grande) was obviously in a good mood from what Hondo could hear. His mood plus his thinking Hondo was dead was probably the only reason he hadn’t heard Hondo coming yet. Hectors gloating pissed off Hondo an’ it was that anger that would help him find the strength to keep on keeping on.

Hector: Soon it will be dark and we can finish off Sackett’s friends!

Thug #1: Are you sure the Cowboys dead?

Hector: No. He’s alluded death before, but that fire-ball that he was caught in should have done it, or at least slowed him down. I almost hope he’s still alive.

Thug #2: But that means we are in danger!

Hector: Shut-up, you fool! I am more than a match for him now. He’ll never stand a chance against me!  

Thug #1: Then what was all this about? The fight? The building blowing up? Everything??

Hector: I forget how simple minded you oafs are. I will try to make this simple to understand. They found me thus my business would be plagued with law dogs and I would eventually have to fight advanced weapons, special ops, maybe even the army once they found out my capabilities. It’s not good for business and is a potential risk to my health. I would eventually win, but it’s hard, dirty work. I want luxury and comfort all my days. So I draw in the would-be hero, Hondo Sackett, his team, and the inevitable law dogs that would force their way into his pathetic attempt at justice and revenge. I hurt them, waste their resources, and hurt their moral, and then in a ball of fire, wipe away any evidence of me being there, along with any dead bodies. There was enough supplies, flammable chemicals,  and dry wood to get rid of any DNA that they may hope to find. The Helicopter, which they shot down, was also a body consuming fireball, of which even in is all they can declare they never found my remains it will be years down the road before they have gone through everything and the amount of damage will put so much doubt of their even finding evidence of my remains that my possible existence will be a mere foot note at the bottom of a forgotten file.  In the meantime, I will have killed his CIA friends if they follow in such a way that they will never pin it on me and his lady friend, will vanish out of sorrow many will say, while in reality she is by my side, under my control to do my every bidding, whether to kill for me, make love to me, entertain guests, or even kill herself for my pleasure!  HA HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAH!!! * he laughed evilly*

Thug #2:  So where are we going? You are known here, the USA, and Mexico.

Hector: We will go to South America. There is a Nazi party there that owes me a few favors. They will take us in, help us with new identities, and as long as I feed them money we will be free to do business as we please.

Thug #3:  How do we know you’ll not ditch us like you did all of my buddies in the ware house.

Hectors smile disappeared into a look of shock and rage.

Thug #1: Shut up, man! Just trust him.

Thug#3: No, I mean it. He left his girlfriend to get blown apart by that western bum and his whore. Whats’ stopping him from betraying us?

Hector snarled an’ leaped at the thug grabbing him by the throat and lifting him off the floor.

Thug #4: don’t kill him, Boss. Please. He didn’t mean it!

Thug #5: His little brother was killed upstairs. He’s out of his head, Boss.

Hector’s breathing slowed an’ the snarl slowly left his face. After a moment he dropped the thug who fell to the floor chocking and gasping for air. Hector turned his back to them for a moment then sighed.

Hector: I should kill you on the spot for such impudent behavior, but I’m in a good mood thus I’m in a forgiving mood. Next time I won’t be so forgiving.

Thug #6: We understand, sir.

Hector: Good. So, why should you trust me? Well, I need distributors. You remain faithful to me through this and get me out of here and you will be rewarded. I like, no , love money, but what I love more than money is faithfulness. You could lose me one billion dollars, but if you did all you could to not lose it and was faithful to me in it, that’s all that matters. If I can trust you, you need never fear me.

Thug #1: how soon do we move out, Boss?

Hector: It should be dark in 40 minutes, so we will move out in one hour. Then we got get Sackett’s Bitch. I want to take her a time or two before I inject this slave drug into her, just to see the hope leave her eyes and her give in to despair! That will be my true reward.

The group in the room, 6 thugs and Hector, was startled to hear a voice down the tunnel. It was familiar but rougher than usual but the words rang out loud and clear.

Voice: Over my Dead body, you Son of a bitch!

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #139 - Sep 27th, 2014, 9:00pm

It could have been three hours that had pasted but it actually less than half an hour of waiting and staring at a man hole cover. A solid body van with tinted front widows pulls over into the steet and on top of the manhole. Fernando can see that a hidden compartment in the bottom of the van is open and the manhole  cover is lifted from its hole by tools inside the van reaching down onto it. Fernando walks over to the van on it’s driver’s side door. The tinted window rolls down and scuffy musclar hench man looks down at Fernando.

“Move the van.” Fernando tells him.  

“HA!” the henchman laughs as three others with guns in their hands step out of the van from the rear of the van and a fourth from the front, all walking to the driver’s side, he continues, “You are no one to tell us what to do here, little man.

“One final time – cover up the manhole and take your asshole friends with you.” Fernando tells him.

The henchman in the driver’s seat pulls out a Barretta 9mm and puts it to Fernando’s face, “You will be leaving here when the morgue truck picks up your dead stinking tail-*!!!”

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Shots are rung out in rapid, with bodies dropping tot he floor dead. The henchman at the driver’s seat scream as his arm with the gun is pinned backwards against the van’s door frame on a broken elbow joint. One of Fernando’s 1911-M2As pinned at the henchman’s cheek.

“Your mistake. Now you die.” Fernando tells him as he lets off one final round into the henchman’s head. He falls into the space between the driver’s seat and the passenger seat by the engine well cover.

It takes couple of minutes for Fernando  to cover up the manhole with the wench inside the van and to put the bodies inside the van. With the door open and without sitting on the driver’s seat, Fernando drives the van a few feet off the manhole. He turns of the engine, rolls up the windows and locks doors . He picks up his spent round casings as soon as he got to look over the manhole one more time. He can hear men yelling in the manhole but could not make up what was being said.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15