Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 8:04am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times. (Read 76048 times)
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
Reply #50 - Aug 10th, 2010, 5:02pm

Pain an' blood loss do not leaned itself to aidin' in a good nights sleep. This Hondo knew from previous experiences, but one forgets how restless those nights can be until they are relived.

Hondo woke out of a light sleep. He didn't sleep well. Every movement would hurt an' wake him from sleep. The only reason he slept at all was sheer exhaustion, an' even then the sleep was not that restful as the past haunted his dreams once again as the past has a habit of doin' when one feels their most vulnerable. Hondo lay still for a long time, even though awake. He could see light from the edge of the blanket that was over his head. He wished it would go away an' let him sleep, but it didn't. He growled as he lift the blanket from his head to look at the clock. It read 8:30. this only irritated him more so, not that it was late, but that he couldn't be asleep until 10:00 or so to heal faster like Fernando always seemed able to do.

'The light from the window he found too bright, though the curtains were drawn. He squinted to keep the light at a minimum. His eyes never liked bright light, though they could take it, unlike Fernando's could. Usually he was fine an' could adjust but his head throbbed to much to try to allow his eyes to adjust. He squinted to keep the light out as he tried to sit up. Eventually he did make it though it was a painful experience. His arm was still not workin' without a lot of pain, though he found it was a bit better than yesterday. With his other arm, that was only bruised an' scrapped up he rummaged through one of his bags that someone, probably Tammy or Fernando, had left beside his bed. He found a small case inside an' pulled out an old pair of double bridged aviators sun glasses from it an' put them on to help cut the pain to his head from any light.

After a few moments he gathered enough resolve to stand up. He couldn't find the cane anywhere so he decided to 'free hand it'. The first attempt didn't go so hot as he ended up twistin' his hurt knee an' ended up topplin' over. He managed to land beside the bed, sittin' up on the floor with his back against the bed. From 'where he sat in the floor he found the cane. It had fallen over in the night an' rolled over under the bed, so he figured. He entertained the thought that Jeanie had hidden it there to keep him down, but he figured to give her the benefit of the doubt this time. With use of the cane, a chair, an' over exhertin' his hurt arm Hondo got to his feet growlin'. He limped to the dresser where he had some of his stuff an' leaned against the wall to let the pain die down for a moment.

Pushin' pain from his mind as much as he could Hondo gathered a few items an' headed towards to the door. He glanced over at the clock, that now read 9:00. Carefully, to not make any noise, less that Asian mousette try to bath him, Hondo limped to the bathroom an' closed the door quietly. He set down the clothes an' such he had brought with him on the lid of a laundry hamper beside the shower then removed his shirt.  

Limpin' to the sink He looked through the medicine cabinet for some bandage material. Findin' some he removed it an' shut the door to the cabinet so he could see himself in the mirror. He looked at himself as he stood there in just his jeans. He was cut, scraped, black, blue, an' messed-up all over. He grimaced at the sight, but even that seemed to hurt. He sighed a bit then set to checkin' wounds before washin' up.

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2010, 12:34pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #51 - Aug 12th, 2010, 12:25pm

- - - - - - - - - - -
Note: Your wounds should be closed healed by now but still weak and in pain.  
- - - - - - - - - - -
Tammy manages to run quietly upstairs without being seen as others start to gather for the meeting with Fernando to be held at 10:30, but decided to come down early to help set up. She locks the door to the room and throws herself to the bed, where she cries into a pillow as not to be heard outside.

Jeanie has her driver/servant prepare a breakfast meal for Hondo, of steak, eggs, pancakes and coffee with jam and biscuits. She takes it upstairs to him on the bed serving table.

With everybody in attendance, the meeting gets to an early start.

Marco: Alright Fernando, if that is who you are, explain yourself, your presence and what you are doing here.
Fernando: Simple- you people #$@!ed up. This is a mission house and you allowed it to be pouched, pilfered and disrespected by the likes of a bunch of drug using teens? I swear, if this was America- I would have the right to shoot them first and call the police later!
Marco: But this is not America. And as such you are to answer by our rules an laws. Now explain yourself.
Fernando: Tammy's case is not over. There is still one person that is out there who is capable of more damage than those who we put away. Her name: Anne Rossellini, aka, Anne, aka, the terrorist bomb builder and organizer- Franca.
Marco: How, or why did you choose her? You just cant be pulling names out of a hat like that...

Fernando pulls out a TV remote and points it to at the new 105 inch LCD TV on the far wall in the living room. He presses a few buttons, and it turns on, showing Fernando in the Kitchen area getting ready for his wedding.
- - -  
Fernando was at the safe house preparing for his big day. He was already dressed except for his tuxedo jacket, which rested on the back of one of the dining room chairs. His gun was in its shoulder holster, waiting to be put on, on the table by the jacket. He had made for himself a small snack of roast beef and swiss with wine, taking his time in eating it. The Porsche was parked outside waiting for him at the driveway.

A knock was at the door, which perturbed Fernando as there should be no body knocking on the door, especially on this day of all days. He slowly walks over to the door, checking the security monitors, finding a red-headed mouse at the door. Without his glasses being on, he could hardly made out the details of the woman outside. But as such, he thought of her to be no threat, so he walks over to the door and opens it.

Fernando: How can I help you?
Red-Haired Mouse: Don't you remember me?
Fernando: Anne? It cant be...
Anne: Why? Because you killed me?
Fernando: I did what had to be done- you took Tammy's gun and was going to use it.
Anne: Does that make it justifiable?
Fernando: I did what I had to do, Anne. I don't expect you to forgive me in that.
Anne: But I do forgive you.
Fernando: You do?
Anne: Can I come in? I need 'some rest. The injuries you gave me tire me out so easily.
Fernando: Well, uhm...
Anne: Oh, you busy? Got company or something?
Fernando: I'm about to leave in a few minutes... for a wedding.
Anne: Yours?
Fernando: Afraid so.
Anne: Who is she? Is she that red-headed squirrel... what her name... Tammy?
Fernando: It is.
Anne: I can wait with you. I would like to go and see it happen... you and her getting married.

Fernando glances over to the alarm panel which said that Annie was not carrying anything that could be considered as a weapon. He then walks away from the door, leaving it open. Anne enters the place behind him, not closing the door. She follows him to the dining area.

Anne: Can I have something to drink, water would be best.
Fernando: Uhm, hold on.

Fernando walks around the service island into the kitchen and gets out a clean glass for her. He fills it with ice and then water. Anne had found his gun neatly holster away on the table. She quietly removes it from the holster and takes aim to him. He turns to put the glass on the service island, seeing Anne having his weapon already aimed at him.

Fernando: You don't want to do that.
Anne: I don't? Understand where I am. You killed my lover and then you tried to kill me.
Fernando: If he did not pull out his gun, then I would not had killed him.
Anne: You had your gun between my breasts, he was trying to defend me!
Fernando: All I wanted was answers, I did not wanted to shoot you. But since your kind of people only listen to ideas at the end of a gun, I had little choice.
Anne: You want those answers? Yes, it was one of our bombs. We wanted to blow up that plane with the SWA personnel in it. We wanted to end the Frankensteinian work that they do. It is not fair what they do to those girls. They had to be stopped, their work had to end.
Fernando: At the price of innocent lives?
Anne: Innocent people always get hurt when opposing sides clash.
Fernando: You knew that I was to pilot that plane back, didn't you?
Anne: The cockpit would have remained intact in the explosion, you are a flying squirrel, you would have survived.
Fernando: But not my daughter.
Anne: Daughter?
Fernando: Dr. Aiesha G. She was part of the group trying to undo the conditioning and cyborgnetic implants of the girls.
Anne: She would have survived.
Fernando: How so?
Anne: She's a flying squirrel like you, she would have flown like you would have.
Fernando: She is only 1/2 flying squirrel. She would have landed too hard in the water and be killed from the impact. That is if she would not have been killed or hurt by the initial explosions that would have taken out the fuel tanks, spilling flaming fuel into the passenger section.
Anne: You lie.
Fernando: And you're letting yourself be blinded by your own actions.
Anne: Like you know what it is like to be blind. You just wear those glasses just for show.
Fernando: Think what you like.
Anne: Think what I know.
Fernando: What about Tammy?
Anne: What about her?
Fernando: She would have been on that flight too. All she ever wanted was to recover her sister Bink.
Anne: Innocent lives have to pay the price when they agree with the guilty.
Fernando: At the time, she did not side with them. She only wanted to recover her sister Bink from them. Now you are going to deny her a marriage, a family, and happiness? If you are going to kill me then go a head and just do it. You are no better than the terrorists you build your bombs for. Or you can be better than them and put the gun down.
Anne: You denied me those things when you killed Franco. Now tell me, Fernando. Are you afraid to die?
Fernando: No I am not.

Anne pulls the trigger on Fernando's American Arms Model 1984 .45 automatic, hitting him square in his chest. He falls flat on the floor where he is later found dead in a pool of his own blood.

She goes over to him and checks him out for any signs of life, finding none.

Anne: With you gone, there is no one left to be in the way for me to kill that red-headed squirrel for her cyborg.

Anne goes about the house and takes various items, including his AAM1984 automatic pistol, his laptop and several other things before she leaves.
- - -
Fernando presses stop on the video stream.

Marco: Where did you get that video? All the tapes and server hard drives were missing!
Fernando: Data, no matter how lost they may seem, is recoverable. Even if the hard drive is missing, a true server owner would have a back up some where. (He pulls out a USB drive from his pocket) Next time check the back or inside of the server, and you might find one of these back there.

They find the idea hard to swallow, but swallow they do.

Fernando: So since you failed in your investigation, I will continue with mine.
Marco: Anne was declared dead...
Fernando: Apparently she was saved. And from the looks of it, the damage I gave her would not have been repairable naturally so soon. Thus she must have had some advanced technological medical help. I would not be surprised if somebody from your medical team was involved.

The room becomes noisy from denial the accusation of anyone from the SWA medical team aiding a known terrorist. After a while they stop when Marco bangs on the table to get their attention.

Marco: Now explain yourself.
Fernando: You tell me.

Fernando takes a brief case and takes an American Arms Model 1984 .45 automatic from inside, ejecting a round from it before putting it on the table. He hands the round to Marco.

Fernando: That is a sister gun to the one Anne took. It fires the same rounds- the .45ACP. Now if I remember correctly, Olga has a Dessert Eagle that fires the same round. You can ask her- these are man-stopppers, not a defensive round that the 9mm is. You hit somebody with this- it causes major damage to the body, not punch a hole through it. Survivors who have been shot by this round usually ends up with a lengthy hospital stay, and a long recovery period. But here Anne was, seemingly whole again. If cybernetic technology was not used in order to aide in her recover, then I don't know what is.

Marco and the others stay perplexed.

Fernando: This is my case, not yours. Though she maybe a wanted criminal, you failed in her capture several times already. Now it time for you to step aside and let a professional take over.
Hillshire: You, a professional?
Fernando: Who do you think was helping you in the last case mission? Who do you think took your organization down and had it rebuilt? Some dame lackey? I know what I'm doing, and in acting alone, I answer to no one.
Marco: And that makes you a dangerous man.
Fernando: Then give me 10 days to capture or kill Anne. After that, you can take over.
Marco: Why 10 days? How about 3, if you say you're so damn good.
Fernando: I need to have Tammy retrained. 7 of those 10 days are going to be used in that retraining.

They all stare at him.

Marco: Deal.
Hillshire: Now wait a minute!
Marco: I'm the one with the most seniority here, so what I say goes. We can argue about it after the fact. But now, Fernando. Can I request use of the safe house for a current mission?
Fernando: I would say yes, but this is now Tammy's personal home and property. You need to ask her for such permission.
Marco: I see. I'll go ask her now.
Fernando: No. Since she is under training, I would say ask her at dinner time.
Marco: Alright, I will.
Fernando: The rules remain the same. You are responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and supplies of this place while you are using it. Furthermore, We have guests here, and they are to be respected at any and all cost.

Marco nods.

Fernando: If you don't have any questions, I call this meeting to a close. Now if you don't mind, I have to check up on Tammy and her training.

Fernando walks away from the group, taking his gun and carrying case with him. A couple of voices from the group call to him but he ignores them as he goes to the stairs and to his room.

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2010, 4:01pm by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #52 - Aug 12th, 2010, 1:09pm

OOC: I wondered about that. That is why I left off in my post where I did. I forgot to ask you about it the other night. Also, isn't Jose dead? You have him at the meetin', but he was killed in GsB1. :BIC

Hondo removed his bandages to find most of the wounds were healed shut. The wounds were still visiable but they were healed enough that they would not start bleedin' again from his movin' 'round. He was glad of that as he thought he might have opened somethin' up from the tumble he took earlier.  

Since the wounds were sealed Hondo took a shower. He was in pain an' felt very weak still, but the hot water soothed him. He almost hated to get out it felt so good. After 30 minutes he finally turned off the water an' got out of the shower. He toweled off slowly as it ached to move to fast yet. He slid into a fresh pair of black jeans an' threw on a dark grey button up shirt, of which he didn't button at the moment. He grabbed his cane an' limped to the door, once again openin' the door softly to not make any noise as to alert the others he was up, an' limped down the hall to his room.

He looked at the clock as he shut the door to his room. It was now 9:45. Hondo looked 'round the room for a few objects. He found some socks an' his boots, boot polish, a rag, one of his double action revolvers from the matched pair, his spare double action as Fernando still had the second one of his matched pair an' the single was too hard to use as weak an' sore as he was, an' he pieces to his shoulder holsters. He laid this all out on the end of his bed then set down to clean the blood, grease, an' dirt off of his stuff. It took him 25 minutes to clean the leather on his boots an' the gun rig, an' 5 more minutes to put it back together. Hondo managed to get the shoulder rig on threw grit teeth as his arms didn't want to move that far on their own. Once on he holstered the guns an' put his boots on.  

Once he put his boots on he sighed as he looked up at the clock. It was 10:23. He heard someone come upstairs in a hurry. He braces himself for Jeanie to come in, but the door down the hall opened an' shut quickly instead. It sounded like it was who ever it was went to Fernando's room. Hondo guessed it was Tammy as the foot steps were too light to be Fernando an' Jeanie didn't usually slam doors unless she was kickin' them in, which reminded Hondo that he needed to replace the basement door with a steel door.

Hondo heard voices down stairs though he did not know who's they were all were at first. He recognized Marco's voice first an' figured the others were SWA folks as well. He though for a moment about standin' back up to get somethin' to eat but he didn't want to be questioned right now as his head still hurt. He adjusted his sunglasses to keep as much light out as possible. They were no where near as dark as Fernando's but they helped cut the light some. Hondo found his hat an' brushed it off. He knew he'd need to get his spare hat out of the truck as this one looked like it'd been through hell. He put it on an' pulled the brim low. He still hadn't buttoned his shirt nor tucked it in. He had his 2 shoulder guns on, but not his vest to hide them as he couldn't find it at the moment. He figured it was probably downstairs somewhere in need of repair an' cleanin'. He managed to get find his belt, clean it, an' get it on before he heard footsteps outside again. He sat back down on the bed an' waited. There was no knock on the door the person outside just came on in. It was Jeanie with Breakfast. This time Hondo would feed himself!

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #53 - Aug 12th, 2010, 4:24pm

OOC: Yeah, you're right... I'll change it to Hillshire. Jean is the head of the handlers but he's usually in the office flying a desk. Marco being the first handler has the highest seniority, and even jean goes to him for advice at times.

Edit: Repair done; its marked in red to show where it was.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #54 - Aug 13th, 2010, 7:23pm

Also just added a couple of sentences to the Anne/Fernando confrontation that was not there before. Its in Blue Text; to add verification to what was said earlier before in this story.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #55 - Aug 14th, 2010, 12:30am

The door closes as Fernando enters his room, finding Tammy crying softly into a pillow. He walks over to the bed and sit on it. He puts his gun, case and laptop on the table, then takes off his suit jacket and puts it behind a chair. Kicking off his shoes and turning to her at the same time. He places his hand on her back as he raises his leg on the bed to get further on it. He realizes by touch that Tammy was not wearing anything on top. Tammy tries to stop herself from crying and turns to face him.

Fernando: Is everything OK?
Tammy: NO!
Fernando: What's wrong?
Tammy: EVERYTHING!!
Fernando: Tammy... I need you to stop being emotional for a moment and calm down to a more suitable state of mind to explain things to me. Now, sit up if you can.

Tammy buries her head into the pillow and continues crying. Fernando tries to get her attention again like before and gets no response. He then climbs up on the bed and lays down next to her, trying to pull the pillow away from her face. Tammy fights back, but Fernando calls upon his super strength and yanks the pillow from her grasp. Surprised, Tammy lays there without the pillow wondering what happened. Fernando then gently puts his hand to her face and makes her face him.

Fernando: What happened to your blouse? In fact, why are you topless?
Tammy: Jeanie shot me with a paintball gun, and stained my blouse, t-shirt and bra...

Though she tries not to cry, tears started to roll down her face. Fernando wipes a couple of them.

Fernando: Look. I married somebody who was strong and capable of doing things that very few would do, somebody who loves me for what and who I am and not make excuses that she cant do this or that because succeed or fail, at least she tries.

Tammy tries to say something, but is stopped by Fernando leaning over to her and giving her an open mouth French kiss. At first she reciprocates unwittingly, then fully cooperates, but suddenly pushes him away from her.

Tammy: Who do you think I am?!!
Fernando: My wife, somebody who I love as she does me, one who I made as my mate for life.
Tammy: Then why haven't you made love to me? Why do you force me to do these things of hurting others?!!

Fernando puts the pillow behind his head, flipping it over to the dry side for his comfort as he laid on his back. Then he reaches over and picks her up with amazing speed and strength, setting her gently on him. He looks onto her eyes as he slowly takes off his glasses in the dark room, putting them on the nightstand by the bed..

Fernando: Why, haven't we made love? That we agreed upon until 1)We are married and 2)Your mission is over.  
Tammy: My Mission Is Over!
Fernando: No, it is not. There is still one person out there still alive that can cause you harm. And that one person has friends and colleagues aiding her for your demise. Frankly Tammy, I do not want to bury another wife if I can help it.
Tammy: And you think that you can do that by retraining me to kill again? I wont do that ever again!
Fernando (slowly growing in an angered tone): There is a difference between killing for sport, amusement and criminal action and killing for self-defense. These people don't care, as you can see, they killed me and you are next on their list. I refuse to put you in a pine box and bury your body next to mine in that cemetery not far from here.

Fernando pushes her off him and gets off the bed. He rummages through his desk and then his dresser, until he finds a small fuzzy jewelry box. He takes it to the bed and gives it to her as he sits down.

Tammy: What's this?
Fernando: Open it, there is a note inside.

Tammy opens the box, finding a folded note over a round sphere that seems to glow under its own power. It gave enough light for Tammy to read the note.

"Dearest Tammy,
If there is a chance that you received this, I might be laying dead in a box or some autopsy table. Do not give up on me just yet, for most to be dead is to be forever. But for a time traveler like myself, forever is as measurable as anything else. But to be immortal means to never die, and yet never be born. To be created, well, its just a point in Time in the middle of now where.

Now, as you may notice, there is a small glowing sphere with this letter. That is for you. It s not an expensive gem or technology. It is a super bio-energy pill made to the specification of your body and DNA. Taking it will make you like me; nigh immortal, in the sense that your cells will never die, and given time you can heal from any injury. Note; given time- the worse the damage done to your body, the longer it takes. In cases where you were killed, it can take months if not years to recover wholly. You will never die, just enter into a state of suspended animation until you recover. Hence, if you die, your body can not undergo an autopsy, else the further damage done will take more time to recover from.

So, take the pill, and you become immortal like me. Don't take the pill, and you life and die like everyone else. The choice is yours.

Love until Time immortal, your husband,
Fernando...

Tammy looks at him after looking at the pill and pokes it with her finger.

Tammy: Why?
Fernando: Because I do love you, and because I do care for you.
Tammy: But to make me immortal, I would outlive my friends and my family.
Fernando: Don't you think I know that? I have lived in centuries past, and the futures yet to be seen. No one can do what I do alone, forever. That was why I took Jeanette Isabelle under my wing and taught her, only to have her bite me on the ass and join forces with Miaso who is trying to undo the ancient past with the Atlanteans. I have thwarted every attempt she has ever thrown, and yet she continues. Yet you are here, despite what is going on, in this bed with me as my wife. If I share immortality with you, that pill would do it.
Tammy: What about those hundreds of wives you said you have had or will have?
Fernando: If you take that pill, all those wives become you. If you don't, they will become others taking your place. So, Tammy, in the coldest of words I could dare 'say to anyone, Do You Ever Want To Be Replaced?

While thinking for an answer, a tear forms and rolls down her face.

Tammy: How long do I have to take this before its too late?
Fernando: When you lay in my arms with a bullet hole in your chest, taking your last breathe to say that you love me, is when it will be too late.
Tammy: What are you trying to say?
Fernando: Tammy, I died for you in the last mission. To protect yourself, and to protect me, you might die in this mission. That is a risk I can not take.
Tammy: But it is a risk I have to take, isn't it?
Fernando: This is not Wall Street. Take the pill and you may not need to go through the training Jeanie is going to put you through. Don't take the pill, you are going to learn the hard way through her which will include, cuts, bruises, lacerations, contusions, and at best, broken bones and concussions. At least when she's done with you, it does not matter if you kill for sport, fun or pleasure, but you will when you have too in self defense.
Tammy: I need to think about this.
Fernando: Don't take too long.

Tammy does not answer for at least the moment.

Tammy: Jeanie wants me to come back at 1PM for another lesson.
Fernando: Then don't be late and do your best.
Tammy: She wants me to wear a short dress version of the one she's wearing for training.
Fernando: A Cheongsam?
Tammy: that's what they are called?
Fernando A Qipao or a Cheongsam. Depends if its modern or traditional Chinese language. Qipao would be more appropriate in this case. So, what of it?  
Tammy: But she wants me to wear one during training!
Fernando: What colour?
Tammy: What does that have to do with anything?!!  
Fernando: Just make sure you're wearing matching panties to go with it. You may or may not need a bra, depending on how tight it is.
Tammy: FERNANDO!
Fernando: Just saying... if you're going to get beaten up in training, might as well look good doing it.
Tammy: I'm Serious!
Fernando: Look, Tammy. I'm not questioning Jeanie's methods here. She taught my first wife to fight, and even though she was killed, there was enough evidence embedded in her fingernails to convict that bastard for life. Consider that her killer was twice her size and his happy is my super strength induced anger laden with steroids and painkilling drugs. I barely managed to fight him and live to tell about it, but she was no match for him. And if she was able to get that far with him was because she fought back and tried to fight to survive. I expect you to be no better than her.

Tammy does not say anything at this point.

Fernando: Now, you going to stay there and sulk all day or are you going to be my wife?
Tammy: Huh?
Fernando: You can stay there feeling sorry for yourself or we can hold each other and learn what it is that we have for each other.

Fernando lays down on the bed. He reaches out to her, picks her up by the shoulders and gently lays her down on her chest. For a moment he holds onto her. Again she starts to cry softly before he gives her a kiss on the forehead.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #56 - Aug 14th, 2010, 5:51pm

Jeanie an' Hondo went 'round a bit as to if he could eat by himself. She argued that he was still not aboe an' she sill needed to take care of him as Fernando had asked. Hondo argued that he was well enough to feed himself an' that by bringin' the food an' collectin' the dishes after he finished would fulfill her duties an' thus allow her to do Fernando's biddin'. She conceded to this an' left him his breakfast at the small desk in the room where he asked her to sit it. Hondo was still movin' a bit slow at the moment so Jeanie helped him up. He mumbled a thanks an' told her he'd be fine now, though she didn't leave until he was seated at the desk an' eatin' lie normal.  

After she left Hondo stopped usin' his right arm as it still hurt like hell an' used only his left. He ate slowly as he wasn't used to usin' only his left arm. by the time he finished it was 10:50. He heard the meetin' downstairs break up an' heard what sounded like Fernando comin' up the stairs. Hondo listened an' heard Fernando go to his room. Shortly after the front door closed an' signaled to Hondo that the SWA were gone for the moment, though he didn't know they left only to get a few items then to later return.

Hondo finished eatin' an' stood up slowly. He thought about tryin' to carry his dishes down stairs but his right arm wasn't liftin' the load at the moment an' he still needed the cane to balance an' help keep some pressure off of his knee. He left the dishes for Jeanie to retrieve an' limped to the door. He closed the door quietly to keep the noise down then made his way to the stairs. Goin' down the stairs was not as easy as he'd have liked, but he was surprised at how fast he was healin', though he knew it would still be another 3 days before all the pain was gone an' he wasn't limpin' any.

Downstairs no one was in sight, as Hondo had hoped. He was tired, but hated to lay in bed. Once e made it down the stairs he limped to the livin' room, where he spun the recliner 'round so he could see the door, but wouldn't be seen right away. He sat back into the chair an' put the foot rest up. He looked down at himself an' realized that he still hadn't buttoned his shirt. He buttoned it up usin' his left arm mostly. Then he laid his head back an' tipped his hat over his eyes. He closed his eyes after a while to rest. He soon heard Jeanie go by, an' retrieve the dishes from his room then come back. He realized she had a softer foot step than Tammy had, though he hadn't realized it earlier. Soon she left an' all was quiet again. He looked a a clock on the wall before closin' his eyes again for a short nap. It as 11:30.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2010, 6:43pm

12:30 arrives and after a long discussion about their future and themselves, Tammy gets up out of bed and puts on a fresh bra, t-shirt and blouse; before throwing the raspberry paint ball jelly stained ones into the hamper for later washing.

Buttoning her blouse, she sits on the bed facing the door. Fernando slowly gets up and gets his glasses off the nightstand, needing to reach around Tammy to get them.

Tammy: You could have asked for me to get them.
Fernando: Its ok.
Tammy: Can I ask you to come with me and observe?
Fernando: Why?
Tammy: By you being there, maybe she wont be so rough?
Fernando: I wont interfere in your training.
Tammy: But why?
Fernando: Sometimes the best way to learn is to get your tail kicked so it wont be kicked again. You remember the walk in the park, and remember that no one in this country or in any other country on this planet will not care about you. They would rather see you dead or worse as their prisoner and sex slave. I trained to you get past your fears and fight back so you wont and up like that. And now that you lost some of your ability in your self defense, you are going to learn from her to get it back.

Fernando slowly gets up out of the bed and sits next to Tammy.

Fernando: Now, you go downstairs first and get dressed in that Qipao. I'll be down later...  

Fernando gets up and walks to the dresser, going through Tammy's side or her underwear drawer. He takes a light blue pair of panties and tosses it lightly onto her lap. Before she could say anything, he tells her why.

Fernando (closing the dresser): A blue and white Qipao needs matching underwear. Those light blue panties should do the job.
Tammy: But why?
Fernando: Consider it a lesson in their culture. Now go down stairs and get ready for your instructor. I'll be down in about 5 minutes- more than enough time to change into the those and into the Qipao. Lock the door for some privacy. Only I have the keys.

Tammy gets up and starts to walk to the door. Fernando stops her before she could open it, handing her a small gym bag to put her stuff into when she changes downstairs. He then takes her by the waist and kisses her on the lips for a moment before letting her go.

Fernando (as he opened the door): Now go.

Tammy leaves the room to go down stairs. Fernando goes about the room and gets his gun. He switches the ammo in the magazines for paint ammunition, use in live practice. Safe to use but they muck up a gun, requiring it extensive cleaning. He puts on his holster and suit jacket again, buttoning it up before he walks out the room.

In the basement, Tammy had already took all her clothes off and put them into the gym bag, and had already put in the panties. Putting on the Qipao was a problem as it was a little tighter in some areas and loose in others. Fernando unlocks the door and walks in as Tammy was trying to put I on. He locks the door behind him.

Tammy: It does not fit...

Fernando walks to her and around, eyeing her in the dress. He grabs her and the dress, tugging it at to make it slip into place. At least he got it into a more comfortable position then where she had it on. He helps her button it up. Before Tammy could say a word, Fernando answers her question.

Fernando: You're not Asian, so you're not built like one. Then again, I helped Jeanie in and out of hers more times than I dare count... many years before I met you or the others.

Tammy does not say a word, just leans against him. He puts an arm around her.

Fernando: Don't you dare cry. Not here, not now. You better turn those negative emotions and turn into something positive. Make them into your resolve into learning something and using that knowledge to win.

Tammy remains silent. Fernando needs to push her away but she holds on to his hand, he steps to the door and unlocks it. He then returns to where he was standing before.

Jeanie arrives some 10 minutes early, finding Tammy with Fernando.

Jeanie: So, you here to watch?
Fernando: Yeah. I got nothing else to do.
Jeanie: Have your way then. You, wifey, up front and center.

Tammy looks at Fernando and he nods to her. They let each other go for her to step to Jeanie.

Jeanie: When somebody walk up to you and deliberately bumps you, what do you do?
Tammy: Do I see it coming?
Jeanie: Chances are no, but even if you did, what would you do?
Tammy: Brace myself for the impact.
Jeanie: Hmmm...

Jeanie walks away from Tammy, then turns around and walks right at her, trying to bump her hard. Tammy sees her approach and prepares impact, sending her shoulder at her at the last possible second. Jeanie bounces off the attack, taking a step back.

Jeanie: Think fast.

Jeanie reaches behind her and pulls out her gun, aiming it at Tammy. Unarmed and nowhere to run, Tammy steps up to Jeanie, pushing the arm with the gun out of the way. She stops there.

Jeanie: I'm impressed, except... (drawing the gun and placing it between Tammy's breasts) You don't stop what you started doing. OK, this is a class, but your mistake just cost you your life.

Jeanie steps back and puts away the gun.

Fernando: I think that's unfair. She stopped the attack but since this is a class, this is as far as it goes. In the real world, it would be different.
Jeanie: Really?
Fernando: Now if it were me...
Jeanie: Lets see what you can do.
Fernando: What, you forgot what I can do?
Jeanie: Humor me.

Fernando walks to where Tammy was as she stepped out of the way. The scene plays out as before, but with Fernando in Tammy's place. The bump is followed with the step back, the gun drawn, Fernando grabs the wrist of the gun arm, twists it, grabs Jeanie with his free hand and lifts her, flipping her onto the floor, then takes out his gun from the shoulder holster and puts the barrel to her temple. Jeanie just sits there for the moment before letting go of the gun, dropping it to the floor.

Jeanie: Only you can move so fast.
Fernando: Calling it an unfair advantage? You knew what I'm capable of doing. And there are others out there like me or worse...
Jeanie (pushing the gun away from her temple): Where did you get that gun from?
Fernando (showing off his inside jacket holster as he puts the gun away): I'm always arms when I go out. But don't worry, its loaded with paint rounds. Unfortunately, Tammy does not always carry her gun with her as she should.

Jeanie looks up at Tammy. Fernando offers his hand to Jeanie to help her get up. She takes it and gets up after recovering her gun off the floor. She twirls around his arm to wrap it around her, holding her tightly against him. she looks up at him.

Jeanie: What women would do for a man like you...
Fernando (pushing her off him): Not in front of the wife. Now, you honest assessment of her abilities. Be honest.
Jeanie: She's more than capable of defending herself when her mindset is on that task, but otherwise she is a fraidy-squirrel.
Tammy: Hey!
Fernando: She's right. (walks up to Tammy) You are capable to taking on a good fight, but only when you are expecting it. Otherwise, you pretend to be in that daydream world where everything is honky-dory until somebody shatters that image and you are not capable of defending yourself when it happens.
Tammy: I don't live in a daydream world.
Fernando: Yes you do. And this is the reality of it. People want you dead, its that simple. Nowhere is safe. That is also true. So you can not run and hide, they will go after you, your friends and your family until they get you in the end. And Tammy- remember what I told you up stairs about immortality.

Tammy bows her head and nods. A couple of drops of water fall to the floor in front of her.

Jeanie: So lesson over or you want me to teach her something else.
Fernando: You two decide on that. I have to take care of something up stairs.

Tammy walks up behind him as he starts to walk away. She takes his hand, making him stop.

Tammy: Don't leave, please.  
Fernando: I have to return Hondo his gun.
Tammy: I need you to stay, please.

Fernando was not to pleased about her sudden action.

Jeanie: I can give Hondo his gun. Tell me where it is.
Fernando: What about her lesson.
Jeanie: We can continue tomorrow.

Fernando sighs at the situation.

Fernando: Its in my desk, top drawer on the right. It's a Colt Anaconda Revolver. Tell him thank you from me and that I had to take care of business.
Jeanie (as she leaves the room): Will do.

Fernando goes to the door and locks it. He then steps to Tammy, slow and deliberately. She takes his hands as he stood in front of her.

Fernando: What's going on with you?
Tammy: I don't know.
Fernando: Scared or something?
Tammy: Maybe. I just don't know.
Fernando: You better take those fears and turn them into positive action. Its OK to be scared. Its not OK to let the fear freeze you into not being able to do nothing.
Tammy: I know, but that's not it.
Fernando: Then what is it?
Tammy: I want my loving husband back.
Fernando: You will have him back when I get the Tammy that I married back.
Tammy: Is that what you want?
Fernando: Yes. The Tammy that you used t be, happy, cheerful, but at the same time strong and brave, willing to take care of any resolve that might occur. What happened to her.
Tammy: She ran away and hid in a closet when I held your dead body next to mine.
Fernando: Then get her out of the closet for me then.
Tammy: I tried. She does not want to come out.
Fernando: Then she better understand that her loving husband is not coming back until she comes out of that closet.

Tammy begins to cry.

Fernando: Tammy, stop it with the crying and the mind games- will ya? I swear, you need to have better control of yourself!
Tammy: It just hurts so much!
Fernando: Then what do you want me to do? Because I don't know anymore!
Tammy: That's just it! I don't know!

They remain staring at each other for the moment though Tammy wanted to bury her face into his chest and let it all out. But he pushes her away from him before she could try.

Fernando (handing her his car keys): Look. Wait for me in the Porsche. I'll be there in a few minutes.
Tammy: Where are we going?
Fernando: Never mind where. Just go for now and wait for me.
Tammy: Dressed like this?
Fernando (pointing to the rear door of the basement): Take the gym back with you, and wait for me. OK?

He gives her a kiss on the forehead. Tammy sighs afterwards.

Tammy: OK.

She walks out through the rear with her gym bag after Fernando unlocks it. She goes through the underground passageway that connects the house to the garage. She finally makes her way to the main garage level, and out of it through a side door. She walks to the Porsche and enters it through the passenger door, putting her gym bag on the rear seat.

Fernando unlocks the main doorway to the laundry room and goes back up to his room. He gathers a larger gym bag and a picnic basket, filling the gym bag with a large blanket and Tammy's purse. He then goes to his desk and switches from paint rounds to live ones, stuffing 2 more magazines in his pocket. Checking on Tammy's purse, he finds her fire arm missing, this he takes his spare .32NAA and puts it in there with one spare magazine. Fernando then goes down stairs to fill the picnic basket with food and drink. He takes these items to the car and puts them into the rear hatch area. He then goes to the driver's side and lets himself in.

Tammy: Where are we going?
Fernando: Some place safe and quiet.

« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2010, 8:56am by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #58 - Aug 19th, 2010, 12:29am

Jeanie walked upstairs with the other gun from Hondo's matched pair that he had loaned Fernando. She saw him sittin' in the recliner, tilted back with his hat over his eyes. She quietly walked over to him to set the gun beside him.

Hondo: No needs to sneak up on me. I'm not asleep.

Jeanie: It looked like you were and I know you need your rest.

Hondo: the dead can't sleep with the racket goin' on down in the basement.  

Jeanie: that is all necessary.

Hondo: Yeah, I know. Try to be a bit more gentle with her, eh?

Jeanie: The one who is hunting her would not be gentle.

Hondo: I don't mean go easy on her. Just more gentle. I've seen the way you've treated her about Fernando. It don't aid her trainin' for you to dig at wounds like that. I know you an' Fernando new each other long before Tammy knew him an' ya think you owe him, but I think it's an argument left for after this is all done. we don't need the past or present relationship issues to cloud the problem at hand.

Jeanie: It is none of your business.

Hondo: maybe not, but I am involved in this mission. What y'all do or decide on your personal lives is yur own affair. all I'm worried about id my two friends, Fernando an' Tammy. Your butt could me less to me other than Fernando does seem to put a value on it as a friend. As such I'd put my life on the line for you too. Since i am doin' so for all y'all I ask that ya be more gentle on Tammy an' leave off the personal stuff while ya train her. after this is all over it's fair game, but a word of warnin', Fernando makes up his own mind. No one can do it for him, understand?

Jeanie: I'd have Fernando no other way. If he chooses her over me I shall et it be as it will be his wish. Until he decides I'll think on your request about Tammy.

Hondo: Good. Now I see Fernando sent my gun with you.

Jeanie: Yes. He was busy with Tammy and I offered to return it for you. He apologizes he didn't return it himself.

Hondo: Hmm. I see.

Hondo had not seen Fernando since he sewed him up. He kinda wondered why he hadn't check up on him. Was it that he trusted his cure all pill that much or did he have no use for a busted up cowboy? Hondo set it aside to ponder a bit later.

Hondo: Just hand me my gun. I'll take care of it.

Jeanie: How do I know you won't take it and shoot me with it to make sure Fernando and Tammy stay together?

Hondo: All things considered, ya can't know, but here are 3 reasons ya can bet I won't. First is you are Fernando's friend an' as such I would never harm you unless you started it,as Fernando would probably justify my actions in such a case. Secondly, I'm not prone to kill anyone over somethin' so petty. You threaten Tammy's life, my life or Fernando's life an' I'll take actions, but not until you make such a move. Lastly, I could have shot you already ifin i wanted to just now.

Jeanie: How could you have? your still hurt and would move too slow to draw in your condition and in the position you are in.

Hondo smirked a bit though it hurt his head. He lifted a small pillow on his lap with his sore right ar to expose the other matchin' pistol to the one she had in his lap, cocked n' ready to fie with his hand on it an' pointed in her direction, as hers was the only direction he could be approached from in the position he put the recliner. Jeanie looked at his lap. satisfied she handed him his pistol.

Jeanie: You are more careful than I though. this does you credit. I can't say I have liked you, but if you can be even this careful in as much pain as you must be I can respect you a bit more. I'll take your request on Tammy and seriously consider it.

Hondo: Thank you, Ma'am.

Jeanie: Please. My friends call me Jeanie.

Hondo nodded before coverin' his pistol again an' slippin' the other into his holster. He tilted his hat back over his eyes.

Hondo: No disrespect, but when you've earn more of my respect I will do so.

Hondo was not sure if she was mad or not, but she left the area slowly in her own graceful manner. after she had gone Hondo settled into another short nap. before he drifted off into a light sleep he heard Fernando's car pull out of the drive.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #59 - Aug 28th, 2010, 7:51pm

Fernando puts the car into gear, turning it around in the lot and leaves the compound through the drive way. Once on the highway, he floors the gas pedal, making all dial indicators arch to the right, keeping the speed just 3 marked indications above its last: 210mph. This makes the 50+ mile ride slightly more than 15 minutes. All Tammy could do is sit back and let the scenery blur past her.

It was not until Fernando slows down and pulls over to a set of gates does Tammy get to know there they were going.

Tammy: Nemi National Park?
Fernando (pulling past into the gates): So you remembered?
Tammy: Yes, but why here?
Fernando: Same reason why we always go here.

Tammy remains silent as he drives past the parking lot and continues driving down along the bank of Lake Nemi under a grove of trees. Fernando steps out and test the soil against his shoe. He then walks around the car, opening the passenger for Tammy. After helping her get out, he goes to the trunk, opening it and puling the various items he had put in., taking it to the nearby tree. He takes the blanket from the gym bag and lays it on the floor. He then places the other things on the blanket, before taking off his shoes and putting them at each of the far corners from the tree. Tammy slowly takes her shoes off before stepping on the blanket. Fernando sits at the base of the tree, using it as a back support. Tammy sits next to him, leaning against his shoulder.

Tammy: What do you have planned for the day?
Fernando: You said you wanted your husband back.
Tammy: But you said that there was a condition, that you wanted me back first.
Fernando: That's why we are here.

Tammy is not sure how to answer that, so she doesn't. Fernando moves the picnic basket to them but does not opens it. He lays back against the tree and rests.

Tammy: That for us?
Fernando: No, its for the two squirrel by the tree.
Tammy: Huh? Oh... (she reaches to open it) Why you say so?

Fernando reaches to her, taking her by the shoulders, pulling her back towards him and onto his lap. She defends herself minimally, putting her hands up and tries to push him away for she did not know what he was about to do. He grabs her by the wrists, putting her arms down and leaned towards her, putting his lips to hers. She continues to fight it at first, but then relaxes, letting it increase in passion for the moment. He eventually lets her go in mid kiss, needing to hold himself by the tree as to not fall on to her. She puts her arms around him. After a while, the separate.

Tammy: What was that for?
Fernando: That's for treating you so badly for almost a year, but yet you had not leave me.
Tammy: Why would I leave you?
Fernando: Because I did not love you as a husband should.
Tammy: But you did. You held me when I needed to cry, you taught me what I had learn for this job and most importantly you protected me from the dangers that are out there. I don't think no one would do what you had done for me.
Fernando: I was just doing my job of protecting you.
Tammy: You were doing the job a husband would be doing, and that's protecting your wife and family which includes Bink and I.
Fernando: I'm just sorry for giving you hell when you did not deserve it.
Tammy: No, don't be. I put myself through hell. I could have listened and not go after my sister like I did, forcing the others and you mostly to protect me from this evil. I just don't believe how people can allow themselves to be so evil.
Fernando: They do it for power and money. If they can take it, they would steal what love they can from others too. But really, Tammy. Can you see yourself married to me as a loving and caring wife, one who is willing to put up with her husband's negatives in order to have his positives; or is this a marriage of convenience where all that is done is for your safety and happiness while you would only reciprocate minimally in order to keep the marriage going? In short, Tammy, what is in your heart?

For a while she does not answer, as she thinks she does not know how to answer. All this time, she has allowed herself to feel but not check those emotions for their validity. She has allowed herself to give so much to this man because she believed in something that may not exist. She has forced herself to be married to him, slept in the same bed with him, shared her thoughts and feelings with him, done all those things that a woman in love would do for her man, given up her life for his happiness, and has now is forced to do something about it. It is a quandary of a quagmire that she does not want to face, but has too. It hurts just to think in these terms.

She puts her forehead against his chest, closing her eyes tightly to hold back the tears would flood her emotional existence. She grits her teeth hard at the anger of what she is mentally putting herself through. Her throat tightens, fists clench, every fiber of her being fighting against what it holds dear for itself to a given test, and the possible low score it would receive. She pushes off against him, opening her eyes which allows the tears to run down her face, her hands and arms visibly shaking from where they were against him. She tries to talk but finds it difficult to do at first. At a second attempt, her voice cracks against the tightness in her larynx.

Tammy: I do. I do love you! That's why I married you! I wanted you to be my husband, father to my puppies, and life time partner for as long as we both shall live!

She hesitates for a second, wiping the tear with her forearm, and taking a deep breathe.

Tammy: Its been rough for me. People have said that I had a crush on you, that I had some kind of mental breakdown syndrome that would force me to love you without realizing it. God- if that were true and had you been somebody else, I would not be a virgin today. It's the one thing missing from what we have, and I thank you for not taking advantage of me for it.

She leans against him, putting the side of her face against his chest, holding both hands together in front of her, and begins to cry.

Fernando: Want an annulment?
Tammy (as she cries): What for?
Fernando: Just in asking, since we never consummated our marriage, you can end it if it so pleases you.

Tammy tries hard to control herself and eventually does. She gets up

Tammy: Having sexual intercourse is not Love. You taught me that a long time ago. In fact I knew that before but you are the only one that demonstrated that fact to me. As such, with what little we given each other in terms sex and Love, though we have not physically mated, we have emotionally. In that we have consummated this marriage for what it is. But I just want to know why.
Fernando: We never had the time. Yes we slept together, we hold each other, but one was never ready for the other. If I were, I would never force myself on you.
Tammy: But you been having those headaches for a long time now. I know that it has to do with something with time Travel and altering the past to save the future, but why?
Fernando: That answer is simple; a future without you is no future at all.

Tammy does not know how to answer that.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15