Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 2nd, 2024, 10:19am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
In Remembrance (Read 2106 times)
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

In Remembrance
Sep 11th, 2020, 11:27pm

In Remembrance:

Superman is real but he's not invincible. He can't bounce bullets off his chest, he doesn't have X-ray vision, he can't leap tall buildings in a single bound, he isn't faster than a speeding locomotive, he doesn't have a fortress of solitude to relax in all healthy and fit after a fight, and he doesn't wear a cape. Superman wears an EMTs jacket, a fireman's suit, a bullet proof vest, police hat, and sometimes he wears just regular clothes like you and me, and it's not to hide his identity. He gets burnt, hurt, shot, sick, bruised, and often dies saving lives. He walks, drives a car, rides in an ambulance, hangs off the back of a fire truck, or rides a bike. He does stop the bad guys, pulls the victims out of the fire, holds the injured's hand. And he or she often goes home after it all to a family looking to them for provision. We have comics, stories, movies, and websites dedicated to the flying superman from another planet.  But the true supermen and women of our planet are so often unsung heroes. They are the fireman, the policeman, the Emergency medics, doctors, nurses, veterans, and often just regular joes trying to make a difference. Today as we remember the attack on America and the loss of lives as the towers fell. Remember also those who ran in without a thought to themselves to help those in need. Many of those who didn't die that day have since died from cancer or other health issues gotten from that day. The few still alive have most likely gone through or are still fighting health issues of their own. We mourn for those who we have lost and want generations to come to not let their memory die. So when you tell your kids and grandkids about the terrorist attacks of 9/11 remember to tell them the true story of superman.  

If you know any of the supermen or superwomen who are still alive thank them. From me, Thank you.

~ Hondo Sackett

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: In Remembrance
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2020, 7:37pm

Thank you to all who have served and those who continue serving.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1