Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:31pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 
Time Capsule (Read 5369 times)
Jeanette
Experianced

Re: Time Capsule
Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2018, 10:42am

Quote from Fernando on Nov 6th, 2018, 2:44pm:
Excuse me for making this personal; what if Jeanette (you) got a message from the future about your father's plane crash and of the events to follow that makes you who you are today? You would feel that you should do something about it, no matter what that something might be. Even causing a delay in the event can cause change. In trying to change the outcome of the future, whether it succeeds or not, creates a new future and thus a different Jeanette in the end.

The likely hood that you, Jeanette, will not act is slim. This is true for everyone. And this is why some events are immutable but the attempts in changing it can cause other (unknown) ramifications one has to deal with.

Though it would be impossible for me to think of it in such terms in 1992, I don't believe stopping the plane crash is the right answer. Instead, correct the series of events that resulted in the plane crash. Unfortunately, the journal and e-mail do not reveal what those events are. The best I could hope for is if those who received the time capsule spied on my family, as extream as that may be. Even then they may not understand every connection until it is too late.

Those who receive the time capsule will have the difficulty of completing a jigsaw puzzle without having all the pieces. Some of the pieces they do have are: Jeanette Isabelle Taylor born January 26, 1986, father is Alex, Alex died in a plane crash, the plane crashed on May 16, 1992. Other pieces fit; it would take too long to explain how. There is one puzzle piece, in particular, not recorded though there is a reference to it. Let's say it is incredible how my name, my dad's name, my date of birth, how Dad died, the date of his death and more fit together.

Let's take your situation to illustrate what I mean by a series of events. I don't know what events lead to your wife's murder; what if, instead of changing one event (your wife's death), it is possible to correct the series of events that resulted in her death?

I don't know how you would answer; I would instead stop the sequence of events that resulted in the plane crash and not the plane crash its self.

Assuming that option is not possible, I would not consciously stand by and do nothing. After all, I would only be acting on the known information I had at that time.

I think the more realistic question would be, what would Dad do if he got information from the future? After all, unless the journal, e-mail, drawings and letter became a movie, I may not know anything about them in 1992. Without knowing what caused the crash, he may have his plane thoroughly checked and made other plans for the week of May 10.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2018, 2:07am

Quote from Jeanette on Nov 8th, 2018, 10:42am:
Though it would be impossible for me to think of it in such terms in 1992, I don't believe stopping the plane crash is the right answer. Instead, correct the series of events that resulted in the plane crash. Unfortunately, the journal and e-mail do not reveal what those events are. The best I could hope for is if those who received the time capsule spied on my family, as extream as that may be. Even then they may not understand every connection until it is too late.

Those who receive the time capsule will have the difficulty of completing a jigsaw puzzle without having all the pieces. Some of the pieces they do have are: Jeanette Isabelle Taylor born January 26, 1986, father is Alex, Alex died in a plane crash, the plane crashed on May 16, 1992. Other pieces fit; it would take too long to explain how. There is one puzzle piece, in particular, not recorded though there is a reference to it. Let's say it is incredible how my name, my dad's name, my date of birth, how Dad died, the date of his death and more fit together.

Let's take your situation to illustrate what I mean by a series of events. I don't know what events lead to your wife's murder; what if, instead of changing one event (your wife's death), it is possible to correct the series of events that resulted in her death?

I don't know how you would answer; I would instead stop the sequence of events that resulted in the plane crash and not the plane crash its self.

Assuming that option is not possible, I would not consciously stand by and do nothing. After all, I would only be acting on the known information I had at that time.

I think the more realistic question would be, what would Dad do if he got information from the future? After all, unless the journal, e-mail, drawings and letter became a movie, I may not know anything about them in 1992. Without knowing what caused the crash, he may have his plane thoroughly checked and made other plans for the week of May 10.

Jeanette Isabelle

The cause of my wife's murder is fixed and immutable because there are too many factors and events connected to it going back to about 7 years. The one possibility that would have kept her alive is if I never met her at all, thus if I never went to BTHS ( http://www.bths.edu ). I am that one factor, when removed, would have kept her alive. But in her place, many others would die instead. Jeanie Chin for one- the Asian girl I saved from drowning at the school's pool, remove me from the school, she would have drowned. My friend from Kindergarten, Sue, who got caught up in a Asian gang war of the time, if I were not there to get her out of the way multiple times, would have been killed. Likewise my stay in Julia Richman HS would have been extended and more opportunities for me to be killed by those wanting me dead at the time. But worst of all, I would not have met my first Commodore PET in 1978 and become interested in computers. I would not have many my millions of dollars and I would not have been able to take in Rachel and her sister out of the hell they were in. It is just too interweaved and too interconnected to make one subtle change for a better outcome for it does not exist.

In your case, what ever caused your father's plane to crash, in delaying him by 5 minutes would have changed things enough to prevent the plane crash. Thus, if you had a chance to all him over the phone, and keep him from going for at least 5 minutes, that would have changed things enough to prevent or stop the crash that kills him. Just 5 minutes.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2018, 9:15am

Quote from Fernando on Nov 9th, 2018, 2:07am:
In your case, what ever caused your father's plane to crash, in delaying him by 5 minutes would have changed things enough to prevent the plane crash. Thus, if you had a chance to all him over the phone, and keep him from going for at least 5 minutes, that would have changed things enough to prevent or stop the crash that kills him. Just 5 minutes.

The plane crash seems like a summation of many events that have transpired earlier. Preventing the plane crash will change my life in ways I can't imagine, that I agree. I think it is impossible to avoid the plane crash unless someone corrects the events that resulted in the plane crash.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2018, 12:53pm

Quote from Jeanette on Nov 9th, 2018, 9:15am:
Quote from Fernando on Nov 9th, 2018, 2:07am:

The plane crash seems like a summation of many events that have transpired earlier. Preventing the plane crash will change my life in ways I can't imagine, that I agree. I think it is impossible to avoid the plane crash unless someone corrects the events that resulted in the plane crash.

Jeanette Isabelle

Unless that incident was from mechanical failure or pilot error, as I remember it, it was weather related. If it was weather related, ie: A Windshear or Microburst phenomenon, the condition will always be there at that exact moment in time. The plane does not, thus a delay in time would place him and the plane in the weather condition that change enough to avoid the situation that caused the crash.
http://www.pilotfriend.com/disasters/crash/delta191.htm

But this is only if the crash was caused by a weather condition, which I believe is what happened. That delay can be caused you (Jeanette) calling him and keeping him from going on time.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2018, 2:47pm

You are making the argument that your wife's murder is a fixed event and cannot be changed unless you had attended a different high school. So be it.

You then, however, make an argument that the plane crash is a random event and that a five-minute phone call would have changed everything despite me stating that a series of events resulted in the plane crash. Granted, I did not list any of those events.

For the sake of discussion let us suppose that it is possible to change one of those events. Dad flew on Saturday the sixteenth, four days after May 12. May 12 was the tenth anniversary of May 12, 1982, the day Braniff International filed for bankruptcy. Dad knew people who had worked for that airline. That is why he was out that day.

If Braniff did not shut down, or shut down on a different day, Dad might not have flown that Saturday.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2018, 7:43pm

Quote from Jeanette on Nov 9th, 2018, 2:47pm:
You are making the argument that your wife's murder is a fixed event and cannot be changed unless you had attended a different high school. So be it.

You then, however, make an argument that the plane crash is a random event and that a five-minute phone call would have changed everything despite me stating that a series of events resulted in the plane crash. Granted, I did not list any of those events.

For the sake of discussion let us suppose that it is possible to change one of those events. Dad flew on Saturday the sixteenth, four days after May 12. May 12 was the tenth anniversary of May 12, 1982, the day Braniff International filed for bankruptcy. Dad knew people who had worked for that airline. That is why he was out that day.

If Braniff did not shut down, or shut down on a different day, Dad might not have flown that Saturday.

Jeanette Isabelle

There are fixed events and there are random events. Weather, earthquakes, solar flairs, almost anything non-living natural thing is fixed in time as an event. Human, Flora and/or Fauna caused events is not. The problem occurs when living/dead creatures interconnect with non-living things and it becomes something of both - an interconnected event.

Your statement of event A (Braniff Airlines going out of business) being connected with your father's action of the day of the plane crash (Event B), if Event A did not happen, Event B would not happened. That is correct. The only problem is if "He has to die on that day," then it will happen through another event. Only Historical icons like JFK would be such an example, if JFK did not die, it would have irreversibly changed history.

The issue with my wife is as it stands. from '73 to '77 I was bullied by a lot of black bully kids because of the Civil Rights Movement, blacks, especially the you ones believed themselves to be "Owed" something for their suffering. But yet they put down the works of Rosa Parks, MLK and Malcolm X. Many believed that they should have started Civil War and fragment the nation. Yet I as a Puerto Rican was going through some royal shit for being Puerto Rican. Blacks thought that Puerto Ricans were GIVEN everything they have, when we had to work hard to get what we got and that was little. So at the time Black Gangs went after Puerto Rican kids. That is why I wanted to go to Brooklyn Tech, where my Academic Skills would be challenged and I go further in life.

Once in Tech, I met up with this albino black girl and at first thought nothing of it. But because of my handicap from Julia Richman HS (blind temporarily blind), she was assigned to me to tutor and help me with my homework. I did not know that she was beginning to have feeling for me because like her, I had life adversities that I was working hard to overcome. But she displayed this air of denial that in my condition I could not see. Then came this asshole who claimed to be her boyfriend when he was not, and he was bullying everyone to scare them away from Cathy. Thing is, he met me, and I would not be bullied and I would not be scared. I fought him at every chance I had too and won. In short, "mom did not raise any sissies."

But like the Black Gangs in my neighborhood, he was part of the controlling head of the Black Mafia (who controlled the cocaine and marijuana flow into New York City from South East Asia). Thus he had a lot of power or so he thought. Because of my friends and the work I did as a teen lifeguard in rescuing lives, I got connections with the Chinese Mafia, The Japanese Yacusa, and the Italian Mafia. There we nowhere in the city where somebody had their eyes on me to protect me. But Randal tried again, and again, and again. And again, and again and again, he failed.

Given time I would garner emotions for Cathy as she had of me. But I too kept it in a veil of denial because I did not want to go through what I went through with Mary. Because of that, our emotions betrayed us and we started to pick on each other. Some would say like siblings, others would say like peeved lovers. We did not realized it ourselves until we sat down and had a serious talk. But in that talk, she told me that she was getting married to Randal to pay off a family debt. And they say that Slavery was over in 1864... it was doing great in BTHS in 1979! Though I tried to end our relationship, Randal was abusing Cathy and she was arriving to school with bruises and in pain. I challenged him several times about stopping it. He laughed, so the next time Cathy came in bruised up, I hunted his ass down and beat the shit out of him. If he was with his brothers, I took care of them first before beating the crap out of him. Any abuse he gave Cathy, I returned it to him double. After a while he grew a brain cell and figured out that is he stopped abusing Cathy, that I would stop beating his ass. That bought her a year and half of peace.

Cathy and I grew as a couple knowing that it would be a sudden end to come. Certain of her friends supported us because I was the only one that stood up for her when no one else would. But that end came. I was given one chance to end the wedding, and I choose not to act, she married that asshole (July '81). Then he abandoned her and she divorced him in absentia for abandonment - he went to the Air Force as an OSI operative and sent no money to her to support her and their child, he had to go to welfare to support herself. We would meet again in '83 when she was trying to apply for college courses and become a student.

Long story short, we were married in less than 6 weeks. We thought we had peace. But Randal would return from his mission in Japan to confront Cathy of her actions to divorce him. He had his family chase her around and harass her (like he did before but now it was worse). She had an order of protection on her and this carried a licensed and registered .38 snub nose revolver on her at all times, and she pulled out in public to keep those idiots at bay. When confronted by the police, she would pull out her gun license, registration and order of protection. Of course - they were arrested for harassing her. With much of his family in jail, Randal came to New York to confront her himself. We argued about it until she bluntly said, "If you do not trust me, then maybe we should not be married. So I let her go to have her date with Randal.

He would kill her that night. And the Blizzard of '83 fell on the city - 3 days of non-stop snow. She would be buried in the snow, and not found for almost a month. The rest is history.

Now, the only key point in this, if I never went to Tech, we would have never met, she would not fallen in love with and and I in love with her. No other point would have stopped this, not even me ending her first wedding to him. It is a paradox that I ran again and again in my mind and in my dreams and that is the only answer I could find. Any other time, because we connected from the first day of school, even if I transferred out of classes we shared, she would still come to me no matter what. If that first day never happened, if I never went to Tech, she would not have been killed years later. Period.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2018, 6:18pm

Quote from Fernando on Nov 9th, 2018, 7:43pm:
Your statement of event A (Braniff Airlines going out of business) being connected with your father's action of the day of the plane crash (Event B), if Event A did not happen, Event B would not happened. That is correct.

We are on the same page. Good.

Quote from Fernando on Nov 9th, 2018, 7:43pm:
With much of his family in jail, Randal came to New York to confront her himself. We argued about it until she bluntly said, "If you do not trust me, then maybe we should not be married. So I let her go to have her date with Randal.

Until now you never told me why you let her go. Unless you had a vision or a prophetic warning, there is no way you could have known.

Several times, when talking about my situation, you said something to the nature of "You may have warned your dad."

Four days before the crash (again, there's that date, May 12) I went to bed and while I was still awake, I saw a vision. I saw an analog clock with a minute to twelve. There was a knife stabbed in the face of the clock. I did not know what it meant and I never said a word to anyone.

Years later, when I was seeing a counselor, I told her what I saw. She said what I saw is a vision of death.

What's the point in receiving cryptic warnings if you don't know what they mean? What's interesting is when I received the vision, May 12. I knew about Braniff, the year they went bankrupt and even the approximate time of year. Consciously I did not remember the exact date.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #17 - Nov 11th, 2018, 3:56pm

Prophetic warnings are always cryptic. It takes a quick mind to try to decode their meanings.

I seen that something would happen to Cathy back then, but she threw in that trust or nothing ultimatum, and there was nothing I could do. It is not that I did not trust her, I did not trust him. Furthering this Cathy threw Juanita at me so I would not try to follow her. Things came to a panic when at the start of the blizzard, I went to check on a couple things in the dresser and found her licensed firearm in there. At that point I knew she was in trouble. Again, the rest was history.

But everyone involved had a cryptic warning of what was to come: her sisters, Juanita, a couple other friends and I, and yet none of us paid attention to it. Even my mother and grandmother had some strange cryptic warnings; as my mother would say "Those are some ugly numbers." She, like me, look at things and the numeric values of things and see a pattern that is not seen by others. If things are OK, she would call them calm or beautiful numbers; but if things were going to be bad, she call them "Ugly Numbers." and back then she saw nothing but ugly numbers everywhere. But the issue is the What and Why it is. That is almost always impossible to get until after the event had past.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2