Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 3:43am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
HA! Who Needs The Cafe!! (Read 2454 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

HA! Who Needs The Cafe!!
Oct 16th, 2008, 11:51pm

Quote from Corey Chapman on the YaBB Forum on Oct 14th, 2008, 11:14am:
The YaBB team has noticed your help to others and would like to ask you to join the YaBB team! Please let me know if you'd like to be a Jr. Support member. This means still helping others as you have, but allowing you to see some staff boards and helping "officially."

Quote from Winston on Oct 5th, 2008, 11:33am:
Having watched your near-constant belligerance and combativeness with anyone who disagrees with you about anything, on a variety of topics, I find it really, really hard to believe that this is entirely the Cafe administration's fault.

There's plenty wrong with the Cafe's administration, don't get me wrong, but in this case I'd say it's your own attitude (a stream of borderline insults, an ego with the size and bouyancy of a zepplin, and threatening lawsuits and arrests over almost anything under the sun) that finally cooked your goose.

I'm not trying to be mean, but you have to realize that it didn't look like you were making an effort to be a positive presence there.

Funny... How the admin from one forum would promote me for being good and another would ban me for being bad when in the truth to both cases I was doing that I thought was right. Who is Corey? He's one of the operation managers for YaBB, the software that this board makes, and the people who make the software. We here all know who is Indy.

If you want to disageree with me, give me a god-damn reason as to what your point is. Dont give me excuses or false stories. That is what my issue with the Cafe. I stood up for a few people and demanded. I got banned for it. I stood up for a few people at YaBB, and I get promoted. In either case I was not looking for reward or punishment. Just the wrongs to be righted.

I dont seek to destroy the Cafe, it would will that on its own given time. I say in less than a year. But at the same time, I'm not seeking to return to the cafe, but Indy has to get off his high horse and realized that in IP Banning me, he IP banned my daughter too when she in NYC. If he wont, then he can ride his high horse all he wants, that horse will pitch up and take him down. Anyone so ignorant in seeing this, anyone who thinks that a few innocents have to be hurt so that others can be punished is absurd. And that bothers me that in a place tht Indy stated to me is to be "proper and friendly" is nothing but a falicy and a lie.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: HA! Who Needs The Cafe!!
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2008, 9:13am

Congrats, Fernando! ya'll be senior support in no time!  Wink I'm with ya in all thet, ya know thet so no use me sayin' much more but . . .

. . .Hail the YABB guru!!! Cool Cool

And I'm still gonna write Indy when I git a chance ta, figured ta let him settle down a bit first, but thet probably won't do any good. his prob is he dispises anyone who questions his decisions an'/or proves him wrong. think ya did it a few too many times, Fernando Cheesy.

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:01pm

The f'ed up thing about this is...
The current mods that this forum has, the Cafe duplicated. Worst yet, I told Indy to tell Kaga to impliment some of those upgrades (I have my copied of the PMs to prove it), and those upgrades were implemented shortly thereafter. So all this crap that I tried to disrupt the cafe and its community is a lot of bull. If it were not for my suggestions on implimented mods and security updates, the cafe would be reeling at the last (this summer's) attempt of 4-chans and /b/'s attacks to deface the forum. As an admin on Gunslinger Girl forum, we underwent those sames security updated as per my recomendations they they protected the forum from the old phpBB script attacks! Gunslinger Girl and the Cafe uses the Same Forum Software! This forum uses a different software and Hondo can say that I am viligant on attacks that happens here. And my work with the YaBB community makes sure that this software is even more secure!

It is funny to see, on those mods I did not tell the cafe implemented but were implemented here, they some how came over there within days of completion here. The Spoiler Mod never existed for YaBB until I wrote and this is the first YaBB forum to have it; 3 days later the cafe had its own Spoiler mod, which one can get at phpBB Hacks[DOT]com. I just found that hilarious!

Anyways, I will continue to be me. Whether anyone in the cafe wants it or not, I dont care. I dont change for anyone.

View Profile   IP Logged
Winston
Newbies
Someplace on the internet

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2008, 11:32am

Forgive me, but, what it looks like from all this is nothing more than that basically the reason you got yourself banned from the Cafe is that you failed to understand that having a particular technical skill, while it may be useful or in-demand, is nonetheless not a license to be belligerant and pick fights in the assumption that there won't be consequences or punishments.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2008, 9:44pm

Forgive you? Why? Are you in as part of the conspiracy? I did not think you were.

Understand this Winston, My anger with the cafe is with the administration, not its members. The members and I might get into heated discussions, but that is all. But when members come to me asking for help in issues they have with other members that the administration has deemed untouchable, I draw the line. But I do not care about my bannishment from the cafe. This is the stem of my (current) anger:

When I got banned, it was an IP Ban, which also bans my daughter Aeisha from entering the cafe while she is in NYC living with me. We share the IPs that we use to get online, from home, to work, Starbucks, and the NY Library- she is banned from entering the cafe because I was IP Banned from it. And those who tried to talk to Indy about it were told to #$@! off or be IP Banned too. So who's wrong in this case?

Is Indy so scared that I would rear my ugly head back in the cafe and scare everyone? Basically Winston, I have enough knowledge to take over the cafe upon a keystroke, but I wont. Why? Because I am a better person than that.

I did not get banned because of my ill nature. I got banned because I sent Kage a physical letter stating that Indy was not taking actions that he was supposed to be as an administrator against another member who is a moderator who was making life uncomfortable for others at the cafe. That same moderator made a threat to me in my own chatroom about 'watching my step while in the cafe.' I sent Kaga those logs. Because I went over Indy's head, I got banned. Not because of my ill mannered and ill tempered belligerancy that I am known for. And my daughter has to pay the price. That is not fair to her, especailly after what she had been through, and what we been through together.

Mark my words, Winston. The cafe is dying. It will die. And one day, members are going to try to load up the cafe bulletin board onto their web browsers, and find a 'Site Not found Error'. After that, there will be no more cafe. I say this, because the cafe is falling apart with petty crap over little things, and it will pay the price for its idiocy of not dealing with what is important: Its members.

What I do on other forums, as administrator, moderator and even member, depends on the forum. But I always try to stand up for members who find themselves at wit's end when they cant have issues resolved. I do so because I believe it to be right. Not because I am making myself a name for fame... for what? An online forum? Please!

I dont care about the cafe. I do care that the actions they took also affects my daughter in that she can no longer log on while at home, and she needs temporarily drop out of school so she can recover from being a crime and rape victim. Indy can unban me, and I will never return to the crap hole excuse of a forum ever again. But for my daughter? I'll do anything for her.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2008, 10:02pm

Indy did the same thin' ta me an' my family. he IP banned me, my sister, my brother an' the university I go to. Why, Cause Saj was depressed an' I tried ta use an experience I had ta let him know thet I can sympathize with him. I named no names an' attacked no one. Indy did all the name callin', finger pointin' an attacked me. Why? cause he plays favorites an' two of his favorites yelped an' he jumped. I'll not point fingers here either, but I know they did from correspondence with other cafe members thet I know.

As Far as fernando an' Aiesha go, Indy flat did them wrong. not thet he didn't wrong me but of any of us they didn't deserve ta be banned at all.

Ya wonder why Saj left? his post on the cafe was not totally true. He left 'cause of Indy an' two other admin have either been hard on him or ignored him due ta playin' favorites. I could write a book on whats goin' on there right now an' how many folk they have wronged, but Fernando knows 'bout it already knows, most other posters on here don't care , an' the few who would argue aren't worth arguin' with on this topic.

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
Winston
Newbies

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:21pm

Quote from Fernando on Dec 1st, 2008, 9:44pm:
Forgive you? Why? Are you in as part of the conspiracy? I did not think you were.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy. I just meant forgive me, as in, what I was about to say was not probably something you wanted to hear.

I did not get banned because of my ill nature. I got banned because I sent Kage a physical letter stating that Indy was not taking actions that he was supposed to be as an administrator against another member who is a moderator who was making life uncomfortable for others at the cafe. That same moderator made a threat to me in my own chatroom about 'watching my step while in the cafe.' I sent Kaga those logs. Because I went over Indy's head, I got banned. Not because of my ill mannered and ill tempered belligerancy that I am known for.

So which moderator was this, and why didn't you tell the whole story before? I don't know what to rightly think if people won't reveal what's really going on and all I have to go by is bitter ranting full of vague accusations of people "doing wrong" without specifying to backing up exactly what that wrong is.

This affects the entire community (or at least the large part of it hubbed around the Cafe), don't you think they'd be better off if all the records were set straight?

Winston
Newbies

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:32pm

Quote from Hondo I. Sackett on Dec 1st, 2008, 10:02pm:
Indy did the same thin' ta me an' my family. he IP banned me, my sister, my brother an' the university I go to. Why, Cause Saj was depressed an' I tried ta use an experience I had ta let him know thet I can sympathize with him. I named no names an' attacked no one. Indy did all the name callin', finger pointin' an attacked me. Why? cause he plays favorites an' two of his favorites yelped an' he jumped. I'll not point fingers here either, but I know they did from correspondence with other cafe members thet I know.

Screw everything you've been told about not being a tattletale and name some names. If people are acting inappropriately, it needs to be out in the open so that everyone knows who to avoid getting burned by in the future.

As Far as fernando an' Aiesha go, Indy flat did them wrong. not thet he didn't wrong me but of any of us they didn't deserve ta be banned at all.

Yeah, well, like I just said to Fernando, who deserves a ban or not isn't going to be clear to anyone until people are willing to bother telling the whole story once in a while.

I'm sick of the vague whining and "he did me wrong!" bullshit. I want everyone to spell out in clear, and preferably documented, terms exactly what happened... and anyone without the balls to do that, should have kept their mouth shut from the start.

Ya wonder why Saj left? his post on the cafe was not totally true. He left 'cause of Indy an' two other admin have either been hard on him or ignored him due ta playin' favorites.

Now that one, I'm not so sure about. For one thing, Saj wrote twice, on different dates, that his considering leaving was due to time constraints and internet access difficulty. For another, he also decided not to leave.

I could write a book on whats goin' on there right now an' how many folk they have wronged...

Then do it, and may the truth, as the old saying goes, set us all free.

Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:32pm

Quote from Winston on Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:21pm:

I don't believe there is a conspiracy. I just meant forgive me, as in, what I was about to say was not probably something you wanted to hear.

I am not that petty as to ignore or damn an appology for something someone says, especially on a forum. There are many things that I would not want to hear, but they must be heard. It is still up to me to decide if I should give the comment (and its bearer) any respect.

With that said- I give everyone I know- rl or online, repsect until they take disrespectful actions towards me.

Quote from Winston on Dec 2nd, 2008, 7:21pm:
I did not get banned because of my ill nature. I got banned because I sent Kage a physical letter stating that Indy was not taking actions that he was supposed to be as an administrator against another member who is a moderator who was making life uncomfortable for others at the cafe. That same moderator made a threat to me in my own chatroom about 'watching my step while in the cafe.' I sent Kaga those logs. Because I went over Indy's head, I got banned. Not because of my ill mannered and ill tempered belligerancy that I am known for.

So which moderator was this, and why didn't you tell the whole story before? I don't know what to rightly think if people won't reveal what's really going on and all I have to go by is bitter ranting full of vague accusations of people "doing wrong" without specifying to backing up exactly what that wrong is.

This affects the entire community (or at least the large part of it hubbed around the Cafe), don't you think they'd be better off if all the records were set straight?

You want names?
RangerReady23 and WildIrishRose for one.
Indy for two.
Fram for three.
Kaga- last and least.

I tried to set the record straight, and explain what RR23 and WIR was doing, taking it to Indy. I even publically voiced my complaint about RR23 being made as a moderator on the Story board. it was RR23 who made the threat to me in my chatroom about 'watching my steps' while in the cafe.

Many members in the cafe complained about RR23 being turned into a mod, and all were warned by Indy and Fram to leave it alone or they can leave. They came to me to see is I can help voice their opinions. Fram ignored me. Indy warned me, then Fram warned me on top Indy's warning. Then I sent a letter to Kaga about the situation. I got a PM from Kaga that 'such e-drama is to be left outside of the cafe and he would not do anything about it.' A day after reading that PM, I was banned by Indy.

So, I did what I thought I could right a wrong in the cafe and got banned.

Again, that is not my concern or worry, but my bannishment also affects my daughter while she is at home with me recovering from her injuries and scars from being attacked and raped by the pals and boyfriend of a friend she was trying to help out. So my priorities are no longer for the cafe but for a young girl who tried to follow what I do best and who was almost killed by committing a random act of kindness.

Now, several members I told this about- how the IP Bannishment imposed on me affects my daughter- who went to Fram and Indy, were told to go #$@! off or be banned themselves. So the record was tried to be straighten. They- the cafe administration- does not want to do anything about it but ban those who speak up about it. They want to be stupid and hard asses about their petty cafe, they can so screw themselves with sandpaper condoms as far as I care.

Indy, Fram, Kaga and the others can sign up to be members here and reply to this if they are men enough to do. I'm not expecting them to come.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1