Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 2nd, 2024, 5:40pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 
After Chaos (Read 150911 times)
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: After Chaos
Reply #2960 - Feb 23rd, 2024, 4:27pm

As he hit the bottom of the stairs he frowned, figuring out what the noise was and it was not an immediate threat. He holstered the pistol with a growl as he looked at the dirigible, belching unburnt fuel and smoke as the engine loped irradicably, its rhythm slowly evening out and the noise lessening as if someone was messing with it. Will one final pop it died and swearing was heard from below the deck.

“How about a warnin’ next time!” Hondo yelled to those on the vessel.

A couple bangs from within, the sound of someone stumbling, metal hitting the floor, and coughing were heard as the engine room hatch flew open and two Valentines came stumbling out, followed by a plume of smoke.

“#$@!in’ Shit! *Cough, Cough*!”, The one cussed as she leaned over the deck.  

She wore a pair of army green coveralls, the top pulled down and tied around her waist by the sleeves, and a cut off tank top that seemed too small for her, barely holding her white, soot covered mounds in place, that seemed to threaten to escape with one wrong move. The other one wore brown coveralls and was even more covered in oils and soot. Her coveralls were fully on, and from the bouncing in the chest area, underneath them, as she ran across the deck in search of air, there was nothing holding her mounds down at all.  

“So, am I selling it for scrap?!” He asked, growling as he spoke, his body still coursing with adrenaline.  

“*cough* Didn’t you hear that.. *cough, hack!* ..engine purr?” The one with the army green coveralls said as the other one went to the far side of the deck to cough, betraying who was who even at this distance.

“Sounded more like my drunk grandfather durin’ a coughin’ fit, Coughin’ smoke, spittin’ tar, fartin’, beltchin’ an’ lurchin’ haphazardly!” He growled back as he walked closer so he did not have to yell across the hanger.

“It was a little rough, but I think we got the timin’ figured now, an’ are pretty sure all the carburetor needs is an adjustment, new lower gasket, and the idle jets cleaned out. Might could use a set of plugs too, as whoever ran this last was over fueling.  I thought we might have to do rings, but compression is pretty good! We run some diesel weight oil in it and it will fly for months before that engine needs overhauled. There is some carbon on the plugs, but I think the last owners ran her hot, as the thermostat is shot, and seems like they never changed the oil either.” She said.

“I feel like there’s a ‘but’ in there somewhere.” He replied sourly.

Maria V frowned a bit, “Well, yeah, I guess… We need to make a run into town for a few parts but…”

“You need money.” He replied

She nodded.

He grimaced at her and gave a frustrated sigh as he fished a small bag of coins from his pocket that he tossed to her.

“Here. You keep charge of it an’ bring me the change an’ a receipt.”  He said firmly.

She caught it and opened the bag to get a rough estimate of the contents before raising an eyebrow at her.

“You know which of us is which, even like this, eh?” She queried.

“You think Val would face me willin’ly right now?” He retorted.

She nodded, “You have a point… So, why me over your wifey-in-exile? Takin’ charge of the money that is?”

“Well, know I’ll shoot either of you if you come back with another hunk of junk like this, bought with my money again.” He warned.

“Noted.” She interjected sourly.

He continued, “But despite not knowin’ you so well, I trust you more than her, right now.. an’ maybe I’d have less issues throwin’ your ass out in the desert alone if you screw me over! …  I admit I thought I knew Val well enough to say she’d never pull the shit she did, so even I question if I ever knew her or if I give folks too much trust at times. But you’ve seemed to be pretty open an’ honest ‘bout bein’ a total bitch to your man, so my expectations of you can’t get much lower.  I also don’t think you have anything to hide, really, from me at least. You have nothin’ to gain nor lose by makin’ me like you nor by screwin’ me over, yet if your man found out you did, you might have everythin’ to lose, if you’re bein’ honest with me, that is. Plus, Val seems as unstable as a leftist bi-sexual woman in a queer rally parade defendin’ Muslim terrorists.”

Valentine heard everything, and visibly slumped at his words. She knew she deserved nothing but harshness from him, but his words cut deeper and hurt worse than she thought they could. She remembered how he used to speak softly to her, and kindly about her. He continued even after she turned on him, until she finally broke him. This was not what she wanted, none of this, but it’s what she had and what she deserved, of that she did not question.

“So, I mean nothin’ to you, but haven’t screwed you over directly, but doin’ so now could destroy all my hopes of reconcile, where you don’t trust weepy to not get drunk, buy somethin’ stupid, or step out in front of a truck still?” Maria V queried snarkily.  

He nodded, “That ‘bout sums it up, yeah.”

She nodded, “That’s fair, actually. We’ll get those parts and have her runnin’ like we promised. I’ll try to have it to camp by Three thirty-ish, even if it’s limpin’, and airworthy by five or 6 o’clock.”

“Just be ready by the time we have to leave. If it’s not, either you two leave it behind or we leave you behind.” He said seriously.

Maria V nodded, “Fair enough… You need anythin’ in town?”

“Not that I know of… hmm… How serious are you ‘bout this shit-heap flyin’?” He asked.

She shrugged, “I don’t know… barrin’ unforeseen issues, 90% or better.”

“You think that glider, those mini copters, an’ that other stuff beside the hanger would fit in that thing?” He asked.

She nodded, “Definitely.”

He sighed and scratched the stubble on his chin as he thought about everything for a moment.  

“Well, it’d be better in there than actin’ like a wind-sail on the roof racks of vehicles, since fuel is hard enough to get, as is, without this no-man’s land bullshit, but I don’t have your confidence that this shit-heap will fly.” He replied

Maria V frowned a bit and gave him a sad, but serious look.

“Before I… I mean, she, Valentine that is, hurt you like she did, which is unforgivable, though I know she hopes and prays she can earn that forgiveness even though she was a vile, horrid bitch… Would you have trusted her then, if she said she believed we could get it running?” She asked in a sad sounding tone.

Hondo raised an eyebrow at her, not sure if she was half pleading for her younger self, half hoping that if he would forgive his Valentine that she might have a chance with her Hondo, or if she was trying to manipulate his emotions. He gave her a long, cold stare, trying to see if there was a ploy, but he was not sure.

“If she believes it, I want to hear her say it.” He replied after a minute.

“But, you said you don’t trust her.” She countered hesitantly, cocking her head at him as she spoke.

“I don’t.” He replied matter of fact like, “But if she believes it, I want to hear her say it.”

Val’s shoulders slumped some more as she leaned over the opposite railing, hearing every word and feeling them tear at her insides as she listened. Maria V turned to her and stared at her back for a moment.

“Tell him.” She said.

“I.. I can’t… I can’t face him.” She whispered back.

Maria V frowned, “You want a chance at rebuildin’ his trust or not?”

Val sighed in defeat before slowly turning and walking over beside her older self. She stared at the floor and spoke quietly.

“I think we can we can….” She said at almost a whisper as she stared at her feet, before he cut her off.

“Louder, an’ look at me while you’re talkin’ to me, woman!” He barked.

Her head jerked up and she gasped softly. She knew she deserved worse, but he had never spoken to her like that before. It was like she was some inconvenience, some problem member of the group, someone of contempt. It was more like when he spoke to Jeanette after she pissed him off for once again being more useless than Maribelle, than like she had ever heard him speak to her before, even when she made him mad. As she looked at him she could see the frustration and exhaustion etched into his face. She was not sure that she had ever seen him this worn thin before, and it almost scared her more than his tone. She knew he was worn out from how he looked and sounded this morning, but she was not sure if he had gotten that much worse in such a short time or if she had failed to see just how bad he was looking because of how bad she felt inside. She froze, staring at him speechlessly, a tear carving a path through the soot on her cheek as she fought to not let her emotions overwhelm her again.

“I want you to tell me if you think this thing will fly an’ make the trip through no-man’s land, by this evenin’, or not. If it won’t, tell me now! If you have any doubts, tell me now an’ we’ll call it quits with this. But be warned, try to sell me a bill of goods an’ you might as well stay with it, an’ if it flies, by some miracle later, you can have it an’ take it anywhere, but where I am! You understand?!” He growled.

She swallowed hard as she tried to hold eye-contact with him, though his piercing gaze seemed to burn thourough her heart, soul, and mind.

“I.. I believe it will fly.” She replied a bit louder, though not as loud as he wanted.

“Believe??” He asking, in a half snarling tone.

She nodded and glanced away for a moment “It.. It will …”  

“Louder!” he barked.

She gasped again as his tone cut her and her eyes snapped back to him.

“It will, fly..b.by tonight, I promise! If.. if it doesn’t, you.. you’ll not have to ask me to leave, but …” She paused.

“But what?!” He snapped.

“But.. but even if it doesn’t I… I want everyone to know that I am sorry! I’m very sorry and hope you all will forgive me someday and.. and I will never stop lovin’ you or the girls, or tryin’ to earn forgiveness even if I’m not here! I won’t quit again! I won’t try to kill myself again, I promise!! I WANT TO LIVE AND TO EARN MY FORGIVENESS!!! AND .. and I promise that and more!” She half yelled, as tears streamed down her face.

He glanced around, noticing that Marvin, Karl, Molly, Patricia, and Madison had stopped and were looking on, as were a few of the soldiers who were lingering close to the door as they waited for another jeep on a water run. He tried to tell himself it was all a show to try to sway him, but something told him it was not.

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep!” He replied with a growl.

“I’m not!! Please believe me! I won’t try to kill myself and I will do my best to earn everyone’s forgiveness and maybe.. and maybe your love again!” She replied seriously, in a quavering voice.

He gave he a sour look and shook his head, “No, I meant promisin’ that this shit-heap would fly! Don’t know why the hell you wasted my money on it, to begin with!”

Maria V gave a half chuckle as Valentine looked at him and then her with some confusion, as she was not expecting that reply. She then looked back at him as he stared back sourly still.

“Well? You can’t get it fixed standin’ there!” He barked.

Valentine jumped.

“Oh! R.right!! I’ll .. I’ll go get the list!” she said quickly before running back down below.

“Don’t trust her, eh?” Maria V asked snarkily after Val was gone.

Hondo shook his head, “I don’t. But I also know she wouldn’t face me, right now, unless she believed it strong enough, or at least believed facin’ me would get her somethin’ she needs. She never was too brave on her own.”

She chuckled slightly again as she shook her head, “Heh… Yeah, that’s true… That was somethin’ you taught us, bravery, that is.” She frowned and looked down after a moment, and before speaking again, but more quietly and in a sad tone, “You.. you don’t know what it is like tryin’ to go it alone when you counted on someone so long for strength… Just knowin’ you are close by, or on your way gives her strength, you know? The strength in anger is just a façade.. it doesn’t last, and once it is gone… one can find themselves very lost, scared, and alone.”

He raised an eyebrow at her, feeling she was talking about herself more than his Valentine, but he had a feeling it was pretty well the same for both of them, though it did little to ease the pain he had felt from the rejection and humiliation he had received.  

“Hmph! … Not sure how that’s my problem.” He replied grumpily.

She winced a bit, as she could almost feel the hardness that she had built in her own Hondo in this one’s voice in this moment.

She looked up at him sadly and shook her head, “It’s not, but that makes it worse. When you only have yourself to blame…”

He cut her off sharply, “You take responsibility, the consequences, an’ move forward, that’s what you do!”

“Easer said than done.” She replied, sounding a bit weary herself.

She was weary. Weary, tired, and worn out, but not as much physically as Hondo was right now, though she had not slept well in what seemed like decades now. No, her true weariness was deep inside, a weariness of soul, mind, and spirit. She knew she had done it to herself, but it did not make bearing it any easier, and bearing it alone was quite a burden. To add to that burden, especially after seeing her younger self attacking her Hondo, she thought often on the burden her own Hondo must have felt, trying to take care of their younger children, keep everyone safe, continue his fighting of this world, and do so all alone, without a wife that is, knowing the woman he had loved hated him though he had done nothing wrong. She thought of Raven too, and what her emotions and anger had driven her to do when she found Raven and her Hondo together, and the sorrow the young spirit woman had felt after having her spirit animal form stripped and replaced. She had told herself initially that they deserved it for cheating, but she drove him to it and Raven had innocently taken to him, seeing the void and need within him. She had hurt another who was just trying to fix the damage she had caused, further hurting the one she was supposed to be with, love, cherish, comfort, and support. She could not help but realize that not matter how bad her burden was, his was worse and most of it was her fault. This Hondo’s weary, haggard look, his sharp, almost hateful tones, and his uncaring words just reminded her all the more of the damage she had done and the damage her younger-self had done and still could do to this one, if she did not take this failure to heart. It made her worry for them and wonder if her own path forward was hopeless.  

“No one ever said it was easy. It rarely is. If it was, then nothin’ would be really learned… Now, like I told her, standin’ there don’t get it done.  If you open the access door, we’ll load everythin’. If it ain’t runnin’ by tonight, I’ll have to unload it, then I reckon.” He replied in an annoyed tone.

“I’ll get it open and meet you down there.” She replied before turning and walking below deck.  

He walked around the front to where the door was. With a thud and a pop, which he assumed to be the latches being released inside, a portion of the front swung open, creaking on its hinges as it opened, and a ramp was shoved out and lowered to the ground.  
“There is plenty of room, but if you can keep the long stuff to the far wall and strap it in place there, then offset the weight with smaller stuff against this wall, we can still use the ramp to hauls stuff in and out.” Maria V said as she walked down the ramp.

She wanted to say more, to apologize to him, to try to make things better for him, even though he was not her Hondo. He looked and acted so much like him, being as he was him but just from a differing present timeline, so much so, though that his pain increased her guilt and filled her with a longing for him. She had forgotten, until recently, how strong a longing he could build in her. Her anger had blinded her from it for so long, but with that gone it was back. She tried to hold herself back and keep herself in check, but had it not been for Marvin. Karl, and the teens coming up and joining them, she was not sure she could have held herself back from launching into him and steal a kiss, a touch, and a moment.  

Hondo grimaced at her as he nodded. She was not sure if the grimace was at her, or more of a sign of his current general state of being.  

“We’ll handle it. You two get your parts an’ get back to work… I’d really rather you didn’t disappoint me.” He said gruffly.

She nodded, frowning as she spoke, “We’ll try not to. I know it seems to be all we are good at, but … We won’t this time.”

He did not reply, but turned and walked outside to where the glider was, letting the other four fall in behind him, while Molly went back to looking things over and Miniya hid in her room still.

They looked things over and discussed how best to proceed, before carrying the glider in first and placing it in the dirigible. The Valentines were gone, thankfully, as though they were doing better, drama seemed to follow them and Hondo really felt he could stand less of that at the moment.  

The next forty-five minutes or so went by pretty uneventfully, with the five of them loading the stuff bought from the scrap dealer, of which Fernando had repaired most with his cane by rolling time back on the equipment and had teleported to the hanger when no one was around, which had saved them time in hauling. They secured it all well and balanced the load as best as reasonably possible for guess work, before picking up a last few items. Once everything was loaded and cleaned up, they all reconvened in the middle of the hanger, minus Miniya, who had still not shown herself again.  

“Is there anything else?” Marvin asked.

Hondo shook his head, “Not unless you want to go through some more of those barrels, see if there’s much useful left, an’ put it on the dirigible, in the lower hold.”

Marvin nodded, “We can do that.”

“I’d not spend more than an hour on that, though.” Hondo replied.

“Why? What do we need to do after?” Karl asked.

Hondo grimaced a bit at him, but not because it was an unfair question, but more so as his head ached, his patience was shot, and it took very little to annoy him currently.

“Because…” He paused for a moment to mentally scold himself and stop himself from answering sharply, “..because I want everyone at camp makin’ sure things are ready there. We are done here a bit earlier than I had thought, so we can spare a bit of time to salvage a few more usable items, food, water, ammo, the like, an’ put it in that flyin’ death-trap, in the event that it actually takes off. Would be good to have some supplies in it, if it flies. After that, though I want drivers restin’ an’ back-ups double checkin’ gear an’ their rides. I’ll help whomever needs a hand, if I have time, but we need to get back. The camp has been split up for too long. While it’s made it safe for some, it’s made it harder to protect everyone too, especially in this hell-hole.”  

“You want us to stay and help too?” Madison asked.

Hondo shook his head, “No. If they can’t haul it out in an hour’s time, we don’t need it. I want you two back restin’, an’ those two mechanics jeeps back so that your backup drivers can look things over, get their gear in them, an’ be ready to roll. Robin an’ Alice are your back-up drivers an’ if I remember right, they are the mechanics of your team, right?”

Madison and Patricia booth nodded.

“Patty and I are pretty decent at helping with mechanical repairs but I we’re not as good as they are.” Madison said.

Patricia nodded, “Yeah, it’s a bit eerie, sometimes, how well they both understand machinery. Neither of them talk much to people, but they talk to equipment they are working on and it actually seems like it replies, but in a language only they understand.”

Madison nodded, “It’s true. Patty and I are kinda jacks-of-all trades.”

“Except electrical stuff.” Patricia added.

Madison continued, “Yeah, well, I can do basic electrical, car wiring and fixing cords on appliances, that sort of thing, but radios and stuff like that are beyond us. But we know enough that we understand the others, can direct them, and jump in to help so it all works out.”  

Hondo nodded, “Understood. So, why don’t you two take the jeeps in, Madison you have the one with the trailer, an’ get Robin an’ Alice to look them over an’ look over the tools an’ supplies. If they think they need anythin’ urgently, have them get with me or Jefe on it, otherwise have them make lists and I’ll see ‘bout them at our next stop.”

Madison nodded, “Will do.”

“They can write, right?” Hondo asked, thinking on Karl’s predicament earlier.

Patricia and Madison looked at each other a moment and shrugged before turning back to Hondo.

“I’m… not actually sure.” Patricia replied hesitantly.

Hondo sighed and rubbed his eyes again, “*sigh* … alright… If they can’t have them just come tell us. If it can wait, have them tell us when we get to the next stop.”

Madison nodded, “Will do… Let’s go, Patty.”

Patricia nodded at him before turning to Hondo and smiling sweetly at him.

“You sure you don’t want me to stay and help you somehow? I know you are tired and stressed and I’d do anything you needed to help you, personally.” She said softly.

He glanced at her with one eye closed as he tried to will away his headache.

“Anything?” He asked a bit flatly.

She nodded, biting her lip a bit as she looked at him longingly.

“Then just head to camp, do what I said, an’ be rested for the drive tonight. The less folks I have to worry ‘bout the better.” He replied.

Her face fell a bit, as it was not what she was hoping to hear. She knew he was tired, but something about him made her heat up inside as is, but this added gruffness from him being tired and stressed, but still standing tall and moving forward, made her body ache to be taken by him. She did not want to make him angry, so she did not push it, but she felt he must not understand what she was offering. She was not the prettiest of the teem girls, nor of the women in the camp by far, but she was built well enough and available. She had not known a man to not take up a woman like her when offered a chance, but he had acted oblivious now twice. She felt she must act bolder to get his attention, but it would have to wait, as now was not the time to push it with him. She sighed internally, glad she was given some time to rest, to where she hopefully could have their camper to herself for a while, as she was already wet with anticipation. Her only option, now, for relief of the burning pressure inside her body was her own fingers, her imaginings of them together, and some time alone.  

“Yes, sir.” She said glumly before turning and heading out to the jeeps.

Madison stood by the jeeps, impatiently waiting, and giving her a sour look as she came out.

“What kept you?” He asked sourly.

“Nothing. I just… *sigh* Nothing.” She replied sadly.

Madison grimaced, “Trying to get him to make you his #$@!-buddy again?!”

“That’s none of your business!” Patricia growled at him.

“I don’t get it! He’s too old for you and you’re just some kid to him! Let it go and find someone your own age!” Madison exclaimed.

Patricia glared at him, “Oh, like who?! Who am I going to find that’s my age here?? Some Wessen?!? Sorry, I agree that they are treated bad and slavery is wrong but.. but they are different and I.. I just couldn’t, because.. ick.. just.. no.”

To Madison, her words were like a kick to the balls. HE glared at her angrily.

“Oh, so no one else here, huh?!” HE growled.

“I mean, Mr. Fernando is handsome and strong but… he’s just not my type.” She said with a shrug.

Madison gave her a blank look for a moment before frowning at her.

“Well, so you think wessens are ick, what about wessen #$@!ers? Mr. Hondo seems to like his wessens alright. He’s got Red Molly, his two “daughters” who some say he’s screwing, Then there’s the two rabbit wessen he just rescued, and he admitted to holding Maggie, of whom has been clingy to him, and then there’s Miniya, who seems awful chummy with him, wants to be with him not others, and talks sharply to everyone but him! His human wife Valentine and him are at odds, and you saw the way he talked to her! Well, he likes those icky wessen so either he’s icky too, you’re wrong, or maybe he doesn’t like humans!” Madison said angrily, not meaning most of what he said other than trying to be hurtful as she wounded his pride by not seeing him as a candidate to date, when he had wanted to be with her from the day they first met.

Patricia looked down, “I.. I don’t know… Maybe you’re right. I know I just feel its wrong to be with a wessen, myself, but maybe he does like wessen women better.”

Madison nodded, “I think it’s definite that he does! So, you just need to give up.”

“Yeah… or figure out how to become a wessen.” She said seriously, having a look of one deep in thought.

“Excatl.. uh, wait, what?!” Madison asked, feeling he had to mishear her, it clicking what he thought she had said only after he started talking.

“Let’s get back to camp. I’m.. tired. I’d really like to rest.” She said.

“Uhmm, yeah. Sure.” Madison said hesitantly.

Patricia did not wait for his reply, but climbed in, shut the door and started the engine. She waited for him to get in, which took a minute or two longer as he had tried to process what he had just heard, but once he was in and ready to go, she waved him ahead to lead the way. As he pulled off, she unzipped her pants before putting the vehicle in drive. Once rolling she slid her hand down into her panties and started to rub herself as she rolled along behind the other jeep. Though the camp was not that far away, she just could not wait any longer.

-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-

As the teens headed outside, Hondo went upstairs, as that’s the last direction he had seen Molly go. Once upstairs he checked their room first, finding her packing up a last few items. He glanced around the room, looking at how clean and organized everything was compaired to the morning when he had left it.

“I hope you didn’t clean all this up.” He asked as he walked up to her.

She turned and looked at him, shaking her head as he approached.

“No, I did nothing but pack our stuff. It was all Melissa and Nova’s work. I think I’m not going to have much choice but share you with them, someday.” She replied giving him a bit of a sultry grin.

“Just ‘cause they want to know, an’ I said we’d talk ‘bout it when they got out of the military doesn’t mean I’ll agree to it, nor that they will still want me then. Four years for Melissa an’ four or more for Nova, yeah that time can fly by fast but, in this world, a year might as well be a lifetime.” He replied, grabbing her good arm and turning her towards him. “Besides, You’re woman enough for me.”

She smiled softly and leaned into him, “I’m glad you think I am, but I’m not sure I am. Even if I was, others need you too.”

“Like who?” He asked.

“Well, Val for one. Maggie is another. Tonya is growing up, and I know how she cares for you and she might need more from you than being a dad to her.” Molly replied.

“Maggie is.. a unique situation. An’ Tonya deserves her own man, someone younger. She might want me, but I’m not sure she knows what’s best for her, right now.” He replied.

“Better with you, then to let her drives push her into someone who might hurt her, like it almost happened with Hector.” Molly said.

“Maybe, but we’ll cross that bridge if we have to. For now, she seems content to try to be a good daughter.” He replied.

Molly nodded, ”Yeah… I hope that lasts… but there are others too, who might need you, even if she doesn’t. like Kiah, or April, or those bunny girls.”

Hondo raised an eyebrow at her, “Aren’t we jumpin’ the gun, here? I’ve barely gotten 3 words out of the bunny girls before they passed out. It’s doubtful they will remember who I am when they wake up. April wants me to teach her, not #$@! her, an’ Kiah … well… I’ve not decided if she’s just a horny slut, attention deprived, or insane yet. Anyway, sounds like you have a whole harem picked out for me! These all wives or sex slaves?”

Molly gave him that sultry like grin again, “A good wife should be a willing sex slave for her husband.”

He chuckled, “I can’t say that I don’t like you’re thinkin’. Too bad you’re not well enough to show me how that all works.”

She gave him a look of longing as she pressed against him, “If I didn’t need to rest from the drive, or had a few days more to rest and heal here still, I’d show you right here and now how to expected your women to treat you from now on out.”

“My women, eh? So, was there the complete list, or are there more?” He said teasingly.

“Miniya.” She said, sounding a bit serious.

He wrinkled his brow at her, “Miniya? Not sure that will work. On top of bein’ Fernando’s I’m not too sure she wants to see me right now.”

“I’d not be to sure of that.” Molly replied.

“Oh?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow at her.

“M.mr. H.h.hondo, a voice behind him called out softly, stammering a bit as she spoke.

He half turned to see Miniya standing in the doorway, staring at the floor, holding her arm, and blushing a bit. She had changed into a white tank-top, jeans, and a thin grey hoodie, of which she had the hood up on her head. She did not seem cold, but more like she was trying to hide, seeming to be ashamed of herself.

“Oh, when you said…” Hondo said to Molly who nodded. “Sorry, usually I hear people comin’, but Guess I’m a bit out of it.”

“No, she moves very quietly.” Molly replied as she stepped away from him so he could fully turn to Miniya. “I have animal like hearing and had I not seen her, I’d not have noticed either. I usually can smell someone coming too, but I have to try hard to smell her. If I didn’t know she was there I’d not know that faint scent was her.”

“Its.. it’s a hamster thing. Females don’t have a strong scent so they are harder to find by predators when nesting. And.. and I’ve always been light on my feet.” She said softly from where she stood.

Molly picked up one of the bags on the bed, leaving another, “I left some clothes for you, if you wanted to grab a quick shower before we head back… I’ll let you two talk.”

Miniya stepped back into the hall to let Molly out before returning to the doorway, staring down the whole time.

“You wanted to talk to me?” Hondo asked in a low voice after Molly left.  

Miniya nodded.

“Well, come in and shut the door.” He said.

She stepped in and shut the door, but stood close by it. He sat on the bed and motioned for her to come closed.

“Come here.” He said.

She came up to him and as she got closer, he could see she was visibly trembling. She stopped short, with her head still down and stood there for a moment.

“Miniya?” He called to her, trying to prompt her to speak.

“I’m.. I’m sorry.” She whispered.

HE stood up and moved towards her but she took a step back, so he paused.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” HE said, reaching out to her, but she flinched and pulled back a bit more.

“Maybe y.you should.” She said softly.

“What?!” He asked, incredulously.

She looked up at him with grit teeth, her eyes flashing almost angrily, which had him a bit confused.

“I Said, Maybe you Should!! Maybe You SHOULD Hurt Me! Maybe I Deserve it! I’m just a stupid, usless little Whore, After all!! So, Go Ahead!! Hurt ME!!” She exclaimed.

“What the #$@!!” He growled.

“HURT ME!!!” She half yelled, taking a wild swing at him as she blurted that out.

“That’s enough!!” He snapped, grabbing her arm before her swing connected, and holding it firmly, but trying not to hurt her.

She glared at him and hissed through grit teeth as tears started flowing down her face again, “Just hurt me, please!”

“Stop! Miniya, stop!” He said firmly, letting go of her amr.

She fell to her knees in front of him and started to cry.

“Please, hurt me, please… I deserve it! I’m a stupid, drunk whore and I’ll get people hurt! Please, hurt me, punish me, rape me, use me, please!! I’m useless to help anyone! I deserve to be hurt!! Please…. Please help me!!!!” She finally cried out before grabbing onto his legs and sobbing.

He reached down and stroked the young woman’s hair gently. He realized Molly was right. She was broken and not ready for this yet. He had pushed her too far and was too hard on her, Yes, she failed to do things the way he wanted, but she was trying her best to do what he wanted and not fail him. He assumed too much and expected too much without knowing her well enough or directing or training her well enough. He expected them all to use common sense, but when they were beaten and abused for so long, ordered to do only exactly what they were told and use any means necessary to carry out the masters will, even if it meant hard to themselves, how could he expect them to act and think and do things the way he would or other ‘normal people’ from his time would?  

He continued to stand there and stroke her hair as she cried, letting her cry it out for now, as he thought. Maybe this was a wake-up call he needed. Molly was right, they needed to give those they saved training and a purpose. Without it they would fall apart or fall back to what they had known. Saving these folks would be a lot more work than saving many from his time, like he was used to. This required a new strategy, and they would need to figure it out soon.  

(To be continued…)

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #2961 - Mar 25th, 2024, 3:55pm

Hondo stood there, gently petting Miniya’s head as she cried. It took a few minutes, but she eventually calmed down and just lightly clung to his legs, leaning against them mostly, as she sniffling softly.

“You gonna be alright?” He asked softly after a moment.

She shrugged, “I..*sniff* I don’t know.”

Her voice was soft and he barely heard her, but unlike with Valentine, he was not going to push her to talk louder. Valentine needed to get over herself and take responsibility for her actions, whereas this one was truly broken and needed help finding her way. Valentine could have very well been broken when she initially lashed out, but he did everything he knew to do to help her. He offered of himself and his time to her, but she rejected him. This one lashed out initially, but instead of seeming like a spoiled brat, like Val had, she came off more like a scared, wild animal, so afraid and unsure of who to trust. Yet, after her initial reaction, she pleaded for help at his feet, showing she wanted help and wanted to trust someone, despite all she had gone through. She was far from the attention-seeker he believed Val was being. Miniya’s cries were an actual cry for help, from a very scared, lonely young woman who was extremely lost in life and of who had been extremely hurt in the past. Unlike Val, Miniya had no one she knew she could trust, no one that had not done her wrong in the past, except those at the camp who were not much better than strangers waiting to hurt and use her. One like this, Hondo could see his way clear to help, and to even take an occasional outburst from, as she was truly broken.  

He knew a rescuer could not save everyone; the hardest not to be able to rescue were those who wanted it but were out of reach for some reason, like the little doe wessen he had not been able to save earlier that day. The easiest to rescue were the ones who wanted it and were right there in reach, begging for it, like Miniya now was. That being said, easiest to rescue did not mean the path to their rescue would be easy, just that one did not have to convince them they needed rescued first, nor risk life and limb to save them physically. In truth, though she wanted help and was right there, rescues of the mind and soul were tricky, hard work, and not without risks of their own.  

All that aside, she was Fernando’s. Not just because he held her slave papers, but he also rescued her, physically, and had shown an interest in her. Hondo did not want to overstep with her, but she needed something from him. He knew he would have to talk to Fernando about her, and Maggie, although there were different reasons with her, as soon as he got back to camp if possible.  

He gave her a minute more before moving his hand from her head to reach down and gently grab her shoulder. She flinched at his touch and looked up at him suddenly with the same scared eyes he often saw when he touched Maggie. She swallowed hard and then relaxed after a moment, looking back down, though her body was notably more tense.  

“Come on. Let me help you up.” He said softly as he lightly tugged on her shoulder to helped her to her feet.  

She stood but looked away from him slightly, trying not to make eye contact.

“I.. I’m *sniff* s.sorry. I haven’t cried like that in a long time, in front of anyone at least.” She said quietly.

He nodded towards the bed, “Sit. Looks like we need to talk ‘bout a few things.”

She nodded and took a seat on the bed, staring at the floor as she sat down. He sat down after she had, sitting so he was turned her direction and far enough away to give her a little space, as he was not sure what she needed from him but did not want to crowd her if she was still feeling nervous.

She sat there silently, saying nothing for a good minute or two, so Hondo broke the silence first.

“Listen, Miniya, I can’t say I’m sorry for gettin’ after you, as what you did, the danger you put yourself an’ the others in, is not somethin’ that can be overlooked, but.. after talkin’ with Molly, she reminded me that you’ve not been with us long an’ all this, this not bein’ a slave to Giovanni anymore an’ havin’ to do things outside of bein’ a distraction girl, is still pretty new to you.” He said, keeping his voice as low and soft as he could.

She shuddered when he spoke Giovanni’s name and closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to push the memory of him, what he made her do, what he had done to girls like her in front of her, and what he would have done to her had Fernando not stepped in.  

“No need to sugar-coat it. I was a whore. A useless whore.” She said quietly, clenching her fists angrily as the feeling of shame and uselessness washed through her again.

“Be that as it may, you had no control over what he made you do; what he made you be. But, that is over now.” He replied.

“Is it?” She asked in a quavering voice as she looked up at him, “It all seems like some dream, a cruel dream, that is just showing me some possible good life that I can’t have.. That I don’t deserve.”

“You do deserve it, a chance at it at least, an’ this is real. You just have to accept it. I know it’s easier said than done, an’ I honestly did not even think ‘bout how hard this is on you to accept still, how unreal it may seem, nor did I consider everythin’ you might have gone through. So, for how I responded, I am sorry. Jefe entrusted me to watch over you an’ get you used to bein’ out in public again, an’ I put you into a situation you weren’t ready for, then yelled at you an’ hurt you.” He replied.

She shook her head, “Don’t be sorry. You.. you didn’t hurt me that bad, really. Just scared me more than anything.”

In truth, her ass still hurt, as he spanked her good and hard, but though it hurt, it was notably different than how she had been hurt before.  

Giovanni had hit her with leather belts and that fancy cane he carried from time to time, as well as pool cues, pool balls, liquor bottles, the butt and barrel of his pistol, and even sometimes just his fists. Sometimes it was in a moment of anger, or sometimes slowly over hours or days, as he bound her hand and foot to a rack in his ‘punishment’ room, or to a bed somewhere, taking his pleasures from her, which could be a number of physical and sexual acts, all of which hurt. She had managed after a while to just stay angry as he hurt her and the others, though her worries build as he seemed to take less and less pleasure in torturing them when they failed to meet his expectations. Some associated the punishments with them disobeyed him or failed completely, but that was not the case. In truth, it took only one girl disobeying him and getting ‘punished’ to scare them all into total obedience, and that had happened long ago, so outright, willing disobedience was extremely rare.  Simply spilling a few drops of a drink could get one beaten. Him losing a $50 bet could make the girl, assigned as the distraction-girl, to be tied to a bed for a day and ‘punished’, questioning his orders could get one tied to the rack for a fortnight, and outright disobedience would usually mean a slow death. She had noticed, though, that he took less delight in in, the last several months, seeming to just shoot girls over lesser and lesser offences. He hurt them worse and tolerated less, and towards then end, any little thing meant death. She had escaped death a week before she was rescued, from him tying her to the rack and using her as a punching bag for spilling a drink when she tripped, her steps made unsure by her drunken and drugged out state. She had barely recovered and been put back on distraction duty, fully warned that no further failing of any kind would be tolerated from her. She had already been pretty well dead inside, drinking away the racking pains her body and mind both felt, and wondering which day would be her last.  

It was different now, and though his spanking hurt her, and she knew without a doubt he was angry, it all felt different. There was a lack of malice in his actions and when he looked at her angrily, she felt a pain in her chest, in a part of her that she thought had died long ago, though when she was not exactly sure. Every time Giovanni beat her, every time she gave up her body to another stranger, every time another of the girls like her cried out in agony and anguish, and every time they hauled out another body of one that had escaped the reality of this life before her, another little piece of her died. Somewhere in there, her very heart and soul seemed to have died, leaving her living body as an empty shell to stagger on, continuing its horrid existence until her master decided to extinguish her life.  

This new life was still a dream, one she feared being just that, a dream, and one she feared losing if it was real, because of her own failings. Her mind told her no matter how good it looked, she would be used and hurt; these things she expected and much more. What she did not expect was for her heart to work again, to feel pain there again, to feel a yearning there, but it was happening just the same. She was not sure what scared her more at the moment, this all being fake, or finding a part of herself to lose it all again because of her lack of ability, knowledge, and understanding. She felt like such a stupid, little whore, yet this man was talking to her like a person. She had already disappointed him once, and she so did not want to do so again.

“… I.. I’d take that pain of you spanking me every day, twice a day, rather than being made to wake up to find this is all some drug and alcohol induced dream I’m having, passed out on the floor at Giovanni’s somewhere… Besides, I did fail. There’s not an excuse. I failed you and Fernando, after all you have done for us: my sister, Tracey, the others, and me… I deserve to be hurt far worse than what you did… Had I failed so bad before at… at where Fernando saved me, I’d have been dead before I knew what happened… I’d be dead if Fernando hadn’t saved me, Tracey too, as we both failed to distract customers enough and he.. G.giovanni lost money.. because of us… If.. if losing money means we should die, then.. then if someone had gotten hurt or died because of me…..” She paused, not finishing her thought as her emotions threatened to overtake her yet again.

She clenched her fists, closed her eyes again, and she grits her teeth, as she sat there, part in anger at herself, and partly to try to hide her further shame and hopelessness. She had cried in front of him twice now, and that was something she normally did not allow herself to do. Showing weakness like that to the wrong person could get you dead, she knew that, and letting emotions rule you when you were a sex slave and distraction girl, like she had been, would cause you to fail your job, which meant your death or some other form of torturous punishment. It often meant also dragging one of the other girls down with you, of which they shared your fate, putting further anguish on you in the form of guilt, if you were not already dead inside. Anger was the only emotion she could seem to control, the only one that gave her enough power to hold herself together. It had come easy before, and she had thrived on it for the most part, but it was failing her now. She felt if he took advantage of her now, he would have every right to, as she had failed him and shown herself to be weak in front of him.  

Hondo shook his head, “They didn’t, so don’t think ‘bout it now. But, that means you get a chance to learn without anyone gettin’ seriously hurt. But, there can’t be a next time, understand?”

“Yeah. I know.” She replied softly, nodding as she spoke. “But, what if something had happened? What if someone was hurt or killed? … What if Zoey or Macey had died?”

Hondo looked down a moment before looking back up, “I.. don’t know.”

She looked up at him, “Would you have killed me?”

“I.. I don’t know, I hope not.” He replied quietly.

She looked down, “If I do mess up like that, please just kill me quickly.”

He frowned at her, “Listen, unless you blatantly disobey, are negligent an’ get someone killed, or kill someone for no good reason, no one is gonna kill you, an’ I don’t want you thinkin’ that way. I admit, had the girls died I might have tried to choke the life out of you, but I’d have been wrong, dead wrong!”

She tensed a bit, reflexively as his voice got a bit louder and sharper. She wrung her hands and trembled as she sat there, once again staring at the floor.

“No, you’d have been right. Maybe.. maybe you should strangle me still.” She replied

“Don’t talk that way.” He said, softening his tone.

She looked up at him quickly, looking as if she was going to cry again, “Why not?! Can’t you see I’m worthless?! All I know is how to be a whore!”

He shook his head, “Miniya...”  

“No, it’s true! And.. and I deserve worse than that spanking!” She exclaimed, standing up quickly and turning towards.

“Miniya…” He started to reply, but she cut him off again.

“You’re right! I can’t fail again like that, and.. and I owe you! I owe you and Fernando both but… I don’t know what to do! Just.. Damn! Here!” She exclaimed, seeming conflicted as she pulled off her hoodie and started to quickly undo her pants.

Hondo stood up and grabbed her hands to stop her, “Miniya, stop! Calm Down! … What are you even doing right now?”

She looked at him, with a lost look, “I.. I need punished and I need to pay you back, but I have nothing but my body and knowing how to use it! Please, just let me do what I know! I can’t do anything else!! Please, just take me, punish me, control me, use me, please! I don’t know what else to do!”

He held onto her hand, though she tried to pull them away.

“Miniya, I need you to stop, right now.” He said, mustering all the calmness he had left as he spoke.

She stared at him, panting a bit as her eyes seemed to dart around, as if searching for an answer.

“I.. I don’t know what else to do… I.. I don’t know what to do.” She whispered, trying not to cry still.

“I know, but that’s why we are here, Jefe an’ I. Now, I messed up with how I got after you an’ punished you, I am sorry for that, but you asked for help after that, still, an’ I’ll try to help if you want my help. I’ll also talk to Jefe ‘bout helpin’ you too, an’ the others. I can’t begin to understand what’s goin’ on in your mind, what you are feelin’ an’ goin’ through with this transition in life, let alone what you’ve gone through in the past. I do know it must be hard for you to trust anyone, but you asked for my help, so I need you to try to trust me an’ listen to what I’m tellin’ you. Can you do that?” He asked, trying to keep his tone soft, but his words firm.

She swallowed hard as she stared at him. After a moment she nodded, keeping eye contact for the first few before looking down and bowing her head to him.

“Y.y.yes, I’ll.. I’ll try… please help me.” She replied weakly.

“Then, let’s stop this. Your body isn’t a tool or a bargainin’ chip to pay anyone back or curry favor. An’ abusin’ yourself won’t make up for messin’ up. You need to learn from your mistakes, do your best to make things right, an’ move forward.” He replied as he slowly let go of her hands.

As he let go, she let them drop to her side as she stood there.

“How to I make up for what I did?” She asked softly.

“Luckily, there’s not really anythin’ to make up for. You endangered yourself, my girls, an’ the teens who were with you. If anythin’ you should apologize to them for puttin’ them in that spot. Explain to them why you did it, if you can, but at least apologize an’ promise to do better. I know it will take time, but since you got lucky, an’ I’ve unfortunately made it a bit traumatic for you, maybe you’ll think more along the lines that you need to now. I’d say learnin’ from this more than makes up for it.” He replied.

She stood quietly again for a moment before looking up at him.

“I’m.. I’m sorry.” She said.

He shook his head, “Not to me; to them.”

“I will to them, but I owe you too. I let you down too, and we all see how tired and stressed you are. I’m sure Fernando is about the same, but you entrusted me to something and I let you down. I.. I want you’re help, but … please, I need your forgiveness!” She pleaded.

“Can we sit while we talk?” He asked nodding at the bed.

She nodded, so he sat down. She rebuttoned her pants and grabbed her hoodie, pulling it on before sitting beside him and looking at him expectantly.

He sighed as she sat down, “*Sigh* … I do forgive you, though I have more that needs forgiven than you do.”

She looked up at him, her eye’s glistening with tears that forced their way through, “Thank you. I don’t deserve it, but thank you.”

“You’re welcome… Molly has told me a couple time how many of you have not only had traumatic pasts, but also do not know how to do a lot of things I consider basic because of the lives you were forced to live. I want to help teach an’ show you ladies what to do, how to be, but I need to understand you all better to do so. Now, you wanted to explain why you did what you did, an’ I didn’t let. I’d like to hear your thought process, so I understand better.” He said.

She sniffed and wiped her nose on her hoodie before using relatively the same piece of cloth to wipe her eyes. He tried not to grimace at that, though he was sure he had done worse when in the heat of battle or when his hands were full of grease. Getting a little snot in her eyes was probably better for her than the amount of grease, gas, and transmission fluid that he had ingested over the years was for him.  

“I.. I was scared… I know I act angry, but it helps me, sometimes. If you’re angry, people just tend to leave you alone… they.. they don’t hurt you if you’re alone… I.. I know I told you I don’t like anyone, and I told you later it was partly a lie, as.. as I liked you a bit.. but.. I try not to like people because as soon as I do, they… they either hurt me or are taken from me… You have to stay strong in what I did, understand? You.. you show weakness or emotions, which most assume to mean you’re weak, and you don’t last! I.. I don’t know why I tried to last, honestly, as some days I wished I had just died and got it over with, but.. but maybe this is why. Maybe a part of me knew it, somehow, though I didn’t understand it… I know it sounds crazy…” She said softly before he cut her off.

“Actually, I understand that.” He said.

She wrinkled her nose at him, questioningly, “Really?? You mean I’m not crazy for thinking that way or feeling that maybe I knew this was coming, somehow?”

He chuckled softly, “Heh! No, not a bit crazy for that, as I’ve seen weirder, crazier things happen. If you’re crazy, it for still likin’ me a bit.”

A slight soft smile came to her face at his words and she bashfully bowed her head.

“I do still like you, and.. and maybe… no, definitely even more than before, though I can’t explain it.” She said.

“Heh. That’s alright.” He replied.

She continued, “I’m ashamed that when you asked for someone to go with the teens, that Maggie spoke up and I couldn’t, but like I said I didn’t really like anyone and I trusted fewer. I liked you a bit and trusted you a bit and.. and I was just too scared to leave you. I am ashamed of it, but it’s true. The anger is real, but it’s usually at myself. I hate me, I hate being a whore, I hate being weak and stupid, but I am. The acting tough is just an act, as I can’t let people know how scared I am. I’m telling you as I’m trying to trust you, but please don’t tell anyone else. Understand, as scared as Maggie seems to act, I feel even more scared inside. I’m not saying I’m more scared than her, but she’s definitely braver than I am, because I couldn’t even go with Madison and Patty when shopping, let alone go with you and face what you faced to rescue those rabbit wessen girls! That.. that’s why when you left me, I made an excuse to go to the jeep. I saw the alcohol you bought and.. and, please understand I wasn’t trying to steal from you, honest!”

“I know. You were trying to relax, right? So, you wouldn’t freak out?” He said more than asked.

She shook her head, “It’s more than that. You see Gio .. the guy Fernando saved me from, he gave us drugs when he first got us, to keep us horny, compliant, and to keep us from being fertile, but they are expensive. He starts you off there, but then tries to wean you off all the drugs and onto cheap alcohol, though he still gives us something to keep us horny, but it’s a different one later. Usually we need something to keep our stomachs numb, too, as the cheap booze tears up your guts, but those are cheap drugs. Having distraction girls puking or bent over in pain doesn’t look good for him either, so it’s definitely cheaper than having us make him look bad. If anything I was trying to numb myself enough to look like I wasn’t scared and.. I don’t know, I just felt like I needed it.”

“You said weans you off all those drugs? The ones that keep you from being fertile too?” Hondo asked.

She nodded, “They are a type of anti-heat drug, sort of like the army uses. It works, but the problem is, if you take them too long they sort of stop your heat, permanently.”

“Meaning?” He asked.

Miniya shrugged, “I don’t know exactly. I know you take them for a while then your guts start to hurt and you feel like you have the flu. I’ve seen some girls get so sick they die from it, but that doesn’t happen too often. I overheard someone say it’s something with our girl parts. The one that makes the eggs and the one where babies grow. They sort of die off, or partially die, or stop functioning, or something like that. I’ve heard a lot of things, but all I know is it hurts bad for a couple weeks, you get really sick for about a week, you feel weak and like you were kicked in the guts for a couple weeks, then no more heat and you can’t have babies. Some say that a girl shouldn’t really want sex after that, nor have it feel as good anymore, but we were kept on drugs to make us want it and I can’t really remember a time where it felt really good, so I don’t know.”

“What about now? How do you feel?” He asked.

She shrugged, “I don’t know. I think I want it, or at least want to know if it could feel good and I could have sex without feeling dirty and used, but I’m so confused right now. This.. this all just doesn’t feel real so, I just.. I. I don’t know.”

He nodded, “Fair enough. Now, you said it’s like the stuff the army uses. Does their stuff do the same thing?”

She shrugged again, “Honestly, I don’t know. I’ve heard yes, but I know so little about it all.”

He nodded, understandingly, as she did not seem to know the names of all the parts of her own body, even.  But from what she said, compared to what Melissa and Nova had told him about the army having sterilized many of the wessen troops in the past, along with certain anti-wessen sentiments that still seemed to hold true in the army, he had to wonder if there was some truth to it.  

“So, you were used to numbin’ yourself with alcohol, so you saw me buy it an’ thought you had to have it.” He asked.

She looked up at him with a look that plead for understanding, “I needed it. I don’t know how to function under stress without it. It.. it helps me cope. I’ve been trying not to drink, as I don’t want to be an alcoholic whore anymore, but I don’t know how to hid my feelings or how scared I am without it! I drank every day for years, please understand.”

“Used to drinkin’, but it still gave you the hiccups? Jefe must have given you some of his medicine to clean out your system.” He said, figuring Fernando gave her a bio pill, or a partial one at least.

She shrugged and looked away, sheepishly, “I don’t know about that, but I do know that when I feel overly nervous or guilty about something, I get them. Its.. its been a long time since I had them, but I’ve felt so empty inside until recently. I felt pretty guilty about taking your whiskey without asking, all afternoon, especially with how kind you’ve been and all. I should have felt worse, but I did not even think of the danger I put everyone else in. … I’m so sorry.”

“Hmm. Well, what’s done is done. Havin’ a little alcohol occasionally to relax, have some fun, to ease pain, or the like is fine, but you’re gonna have to learn to not need it. We can try goin’ cold turkey or we can try lettin’ you have a little to ease your nerves and try to work you off of it. Understand that I’m pretty sure Jefe gave you some medicine to clean out and fix up your system, so be careful, as you probably don’t have the tolerances you used to.” He said.

“I wish I had some now.” She said, glumly.

He pulled a flask from his vest and held it out, “Here, have some, but only a shot or two worth.”

She looked up at him questioningly, “Are.. are you sure it’s alright?”

He shook his head, “Not really. I don’t know what the right answer is for you right now, but you aren’t a little kid either, so I’m not sayin’ no right now either.”

She looked at it for a moment before snatching it from his hand and taking a big gulp from it. She started to go for a second but she looked up at him and saw his eyebrow raised at her, so she put the cork back into it and handed it back. He took the flask back from her, took a swig himself, and then stuck it back into his pocket.

“For now, if you feel like you need some, come to me, or Jefe. If you’re gonna drive, I don’t want you to drink any for at least four hours before, longer would be better. If on guard duty, I don’t want you to have any. If we are in a tense situation… Well, depends on the situation. If a sip will get you through, that’s fine, but start drinkin’ whole flasks on me an’ that will end. I want to help you an’ the other girls an’ guys who need an’ want help, but I need you all to try too, understand?” He asked.

She nodded.

He nodded back, “Good. Now, I’ve got a lot to do an’ we need to get back to camp. If you’re good to go, well go. If you need to talk more, we can take a bit longer.”

“I’m good.” She replied quietly.

In truth she did not really feel good. She wanted to say more, to tell him more about her, her thoughts, her feelings, and hear more of what he had to say. But, the truth was, she did not have the words to say what she wanted to, and the rest she was still unsure or confused by. As for hearing him talk more, she knew he had more to do, and she did not want to hold him up any longer. She felt like enough of a burden already and did not want to cause him further trouble, today at least.

He stood up from the bed, stretched and groaned a bit. She too stood up and stood beside him for a moment with her head down. As he started to move to the door, she put a hand on his arm, which caused him to stop and look down at her.

“Somethin’ wrong?” He asked.

“I.. I hate to ask for anything after what I’ve done, but… would you… *sigh*… it’s stupid. Never mind.” She said, turning away in frustration.

He grabbed her arm this time, to which she jumped at, “Now, you started to say somethin’ to me an’ I want you to finish it. Think of this as a lesson. Speak when you’re sure what you want to say an’ don’t let your mouth move faster than your brain.”

She turned to him shakily and faced him, though her head remained down.

“I… I’m sorry my head is so messed up, but… I just wanted to know how it felt to be held by you.” She said quietly.

“But you’re Jefe’s gal, not mine.” He said.

She nodded, “I.. I know. I’m not asking for anything else. I’ll not do anything sexual, I promise. I.. I just want you to hold me for a moment… I.. I saw you holding Molly and.. and she looked so happy. It wasn’t a fake look either, nor some sexy, lust thing, either. I’ve.. I’ve not really experienced that before. Fernando tried to hold me after my sister got through trying to push him into #$@!ing us both, and I acted like a bitch… I know I can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, but… Please? I.. I need to know I can be touched like that. I.. I need to know so I can see if I’m just a whore or not.”

He looked down at her for a moment before moving his hand from her arm to her back and pulling her into him. He could feel her body trembling as he pulled her too him, and after a moment, felt her arms shakily wrap around his waist. It took a bit, but she slowly relaxed and seemed to melt into him. As she relaxed he pulled her head into his chest and then stroked her hair as he held her. She was not sure how long he held her, but it seemed like a moment and an eternity at the same time. He did not grope her, hump her, press against her lewdly, or talk dirty to her. He just held her and she felt the warmth of not just his body but of who he was in that time. She felt like she would break down and sob for a moment but she held it inside, as she did not want to ruin what she had in that moment.  

He let go after a bit but she did not. He gave her a few seconds more before he lightly grabbed her shoulders and put some space between them. She looked up at him, her eyes moist, a frown was on her face, and a slight blush in her cheeks.  

“I’ve got a lot to do yet before we leave.” He explained.

She sighed, “*sigh* .. I know. Thank you for.. for holding me. I.. I really liked it.”

He gave her a soft smile, “I’m glad. Now, why don’t you go find Molly. I’m gonna grab a shower then I’ll be down.”

“Do you need any help?” She asked.  

He scowled a bit at her as he picked up his bag, “You said nothin’ sexual.”

“I didn’t mean it like that!” She exclaimed.

“I’m gettin’ a shower. I’m takin’ my clothes off an’ washin’ my birthday, an’ you ask to help. How else could you mean it?” He asked, trying to not speak harshly as he knew there was a lot to understand about her still.  

“I.. I meant like wash your back or something! I can keep my jeans on and just reach in and help!” She explained quickly.

“I appreciate the offer, but no. A naked man an’ even a partially naked woman in a shower is gonna in the least be seen as sexual.” He replied.

“I could do it without being sexual. I’ve seen a lot of naked men.” She replied quietly.

He sighed again, as he really didn’t have the capacity for this today, “*sigh* … Miniya, listen, here’s lesson two. That life is over, so you need to act like a lady. A lady isn’t gonna help a man in the shower unless he is her man. You don’t want to be seen as a whore, I know, so you need to think of these things.  The only exception is if you do get medical trainin’ from Jefe, you could have to help someone injured get clean. If it’s for medical purposes, the rules change there, but only then.”

She sighed and looked down, “I..I didn’t mean anything by it… I .. I just wanted to help.. to make up for what I’ve done.”

“I’ve told you what to do for makin’ up for things, an’ I appreciate the offer, but understand I’m sayin’ no for your own good. You have to look at some things differently now. As much as havin’ you scrub my back sounds nice, if someone found out then they’d call you a whore. An’ though Jefe an’ I don’t agree on everythin’, I believe we both agree on not sharin’ women. You’re his woman. You’ve said so. So, if you’re scrubbin’ anyone’s back, it’s his. Understand?” He asked, firmly but not too sharply.  

She shook her head, “Not really, but I’m trying.”

“Well, just try to trust me on this, alright?” He replied

She nodded, “Yes sir.”

“Thank you. Now, go find Molly so I can shower.” He said.

She nodded and slowly walked to the door, pausing to look back for a moment as she opened the door, before slipping out and closing it behind her. He sighed and shook his head after she left, before pulling the flask from his pocket and downing the contents.  

It had been a long few months, with the last few weeks seeming like months themselves and the last couple days seeming like weeks. It would have been too easy to give in, let her wash him, of even screw her and rid himself of some pent-up frustrations, but he wanted to help her not hurt her. Beyond that, he was not looking for a repeat of the night before. Molly already seemed to have enough women picked out for him, as is, and he was barely keeping up with what he had. He hoped everything would settle down soon, and then maybe he would feel better and have more time to give to Molly and the girls. After that he could figure out if he could handle more. Valentine was not coming back in a hurry, though he needed to plan for that eventuality. For the moment, though, he was just to weary to think about any of it.

Without further ado, he stripped down and showered up, being left alone for the entirety of the event this time. Once out, he combed his hair, slapped on some deodorant, and dressed in fresh clothes, rolling his dirty clothes in the towel he used, before shoving them into the empty pocket on his duffle bag. He did feel a bit more energized, for the moment, and felt his mind was a bit clearer. A good shower and some fresh clothes had a way of doing that for a person, though he had underestimated how much it would improve his immediate outlook and mood.  

Once his bag was repacked he gave the room one more look and headed out and down to the hanger. In the hanger he found Molly and Miniya sitting on the couch and talking. He did not hear what about, as they stopped and turned towards him when he got within earshot.

“You both ready?” He asked.

Molly nodded, “We’re ready. Our bags are in the Bronco… You look like you’re feeling a better.”

“A bit. The shower definitely helped.” He replied.

“I thought it might.” Molly said.

“Karl an’ Marvin still at work?” He asked.

“Yeah. Probably about another twenty minutes and we’ll be done.” Marvin’s voice called out as he came down the ramp from the dirigible.  

“You makin’ sure to spread the weight out between the sides an’ make it so it can be secured?” Hondo asked.

“We found some netting, and there are eye-hooks on the walls. We put a couple barrels on each side and are splitting the stuff up evenly between them, weight wise at least.” He said, pausing by them for a moment to speak.

Hondo nodded, “Sounds good. We’re gonna head back. Before you guys come back, talk to the soldiers an’ have the relay to whomever is in charge that you’re leavin’. They will probably need to come in an’ out for a while for water, so I’ll leave a key with the Wessen commander, er, Patrick I think his name was. I’ll tell them to lock up if they leave the place, not that it will help much.”

Marvin nodded, “I’ll talk to them before we leave. Miss Val and her sister will be here longer than we will be, I’m sure.”

Hondo frowned at the dirigible before glancing back at Marvin, “Yeah, can’t forget those two troublemakers. Let the guard know they are still here, then, too. I think Jefe had someone we were supposed to meet at three o’clock or three thirty, so, I need to get back, as it’s almost three now.”

Marvin nodded, “Will do. We’ll see you back there in a bit.”  

Hondo nodded in reply and Marvin headed back to his task.  

As Marvin left, Hondo turned back To Molly and Miniya.

“Well, you ladies ready to go?” He asked.  

Molly stood up with a groan, but faster than he could get to her to help her up.

“Yeah. I’ll miss this place, but not this town. Was kinda like our home.” She said wistfully.  

“You could let me help ya up.” He said, half ignoring the comment as he did not share her fond memories of this place.

It was not that he had not enjoyed time with her here, but this place only reminded him of his own weaknesses and ineptness, as he lay in bed here healing from injuries. It also reminded him of what he lost with Valentine and the pain and humiliation her rejection had brought. As much as Valentine was a part of the camper too, it was more like his home right now, and he wanted to be back there. Finding Molly as a mate in all this, or more like her telling him that he needed her almost as much as she needed him, was a bright spot in the gloom, but it was not enough to make this place hold any fondness. In truth he would not miss it.  

“I’m fine! Just a little stiff, so don’t worry. I get a nap in and I’ll be good for tonight.” She retorted.  

“Hmph.” He snorted, not believing her fully, though he knew it was not that she was trying t lie to him, but more keep him from worrying about things that were out of his control.

No matter what anyone ever would say, he knew Molly was a good woman, one of the few he did not feel he had to worry too much about. Valentine might have made him a bit gun-shy about women had Molly not stepped in so fast and took up the mantel of being his woman. She had much to learn about his ways, as he did about her, but he felt in time they would.  

He turned to Miniya who sat, blushing a bit, as she kept her eyes down and away from him.

“Miniya, you good to go?” He asked.

“Yes sir.” She said quietly.

He put a hand on her shoulder which made her jump and flash him an angry look for a moment before she softened her look and breathed out a stuttering breath.

“It’s alright. Relax.” He said soothingly.

“S.sorry.” She replied, sheepishly. “Sort of a force of habit. Not used to being touched unless someone was going to do something to me.”

He nodded, “I understand, an’ I’ll refrain from touchin’ ya, unless I have to.”

“NO!! I mean, no please” She exclaimed before blushing a bit more and calming her tone. “I mean, I don’t want to be jumpy or glare or anything like that anymore. I.. I know what we talked about, me being Fernando’s and all, but you said you’d help so… can’t you be my friend or teacher or something?”

“I’m just a rescuer, handyman, an’ country boy. Pretty simple man, that’s it. I’ll help if I can, when I can. If you need a friendly ear, I’ll listen if I have time. If I see somethin’ that you’re doin’ wrong or you’re entrusted to me to do a job, I’ll do my best to teach you, but Jefe needs to be your first stop, understand? If he can’t help, I will, but only after he’s said he can’t an’ sends you to me, or he’s not there to help an’ you need somethin’ now. I say this for your own sake. I don’t want people to talk bad ‘bout ya because of me.” He replied.

“What.. what if I don’t care if they do?” She asked, a bit of her anger facade returning.

“Well, let’s say I care ‘bout how people see you an’ the other gals in camp. I can’t stop all gossip, but I also care ‘bout how they see Jefe an’ even myself for some part as we both need respect to make sure things run smoothly.” He said.

She gave him a frustrated look, “You said you’d help me!”

“I am! You said you’d try to trust me an’ ya ain’t!” He replied firmly.

She shrunk back a bit and her face fell and the flicker of anger disappeared.

“Sorry, I.. I didn’t… *sigh* .. sorry.” She mumbled.

Molly gave him a bit of a frown too, but he was not sure why.

“Now, I did not say I would not help, nor be there for you. Just sayin’ since you are Jefe’s you need to go to him first. We can be friendly, but bein’ friends is somethin’ we have to be careful ‘bout. Now, enough of that, then. Let’s get back.” He replied.

Miniya nodded, got up, and slowly started off to the Bronco. Hondo started after her, but Molly stopped him by placing her hand on his chest.  

“She told me what happened. She likes you, you know.” Molly said.

“She sorta likes me. Besides, she’s Jefe’s.” Hondo said.

“I think only time will tell there, as she’s conflicted. I’m not saying you should try to take her, though she might be a good addition to your harem.” Molly said, giving him a sly smile.

“I’m not in the mood to talk ‘bout that right now, Darlin’.” He said, trying not to show his frustration at the topic.

“I’m just teasing, my love, in part at least. If you wanted her I would not say no, know that at least.” She replied.

“Molly, I just want you right now, an’ before I can even take you I want you healed, an’ I want out of this cesspool of a town.” He replied.

She nodded, “I know. But, no matter what, please be gentle with her. She wasn’t lying when she said her anger is her protection and her toughness is put on.”

“She told you she said that?” He asked.

“She told me everything, even about you holding her, her offer to help you wash, and your reply. She apologized if she stepped over the line, but she wanted me to know as she knew you were my man and she said I had been kind to her, despite her growling. She wants to be in our lives, even if its just a friend.” Molly replied.

“If you befriend her, I can help her more. It just looks bad if a young wessen woman like her and I are friends alone. If she is our friend it’s different.” Hondo explained.

Molly nodded, “I understand but I don’t at the same time. I don’t think she understands at all. We come from different worlds with different values and different ways of looking at things.”

“I’m learnin’ that, but I also want you an’ the others to learn some of the values Jefe an’ I hold. Maybe some of them don’t work here, or matter, but some still do.” He replied.

“I understand and we will learn from you both and we will all figure it out together, but all I ask is that you treat her gently. She may very well be more fragile than Maggie is, at least at the moment. She’s confused and at a crossroad in her life. She’s not even sure it’s all real. She could easily be set back if we aren’t careful right now. I just don’t want you upset at yourself, nor her hurt.” Molly replied.

He leaned down and kissed her forehead before smiling softly at her, “You’re a kindhearted woman, Molly. I love ya, you know that, right?”

She smiled back up at him, “I do.”

“Good. Now, let’s get the #$@! outta here.” He replied, as he put his arm around her and pulled her to his side before heading out to the Bronco, at a pace she could handle with her limp.  

Once in the Bronco they climbed in and headed to camp. Miniya sat in the back and said nothing the whole drive, which prompted Hondo to stop short of camp.

“You all right back there?” He asked.

Miniya nodded.

“You know I only said all that for your own good, right?” He asked.

She looked out the side window with a sigh and nodded, but still said nothing.

“Miniya, don’t be angry.” He said softly.

“I’m not. I’m just… I don’t know.” She replied.

“Listen, Molly and I talked and she said you and her are becoming friends, is that right?” He asked.

Miniya looked up at Molly questioningly, “We’re friends?”

Molly smiled at her and nodded, “Of course! Why wouldn’t we be?”

“Cause no one has ever wanted to be my friend… not in a long time at least, and they even used to call me a stick in the mud and grumpy.” She replied quietly.

“Well, we’re friends now, and that’s that.” Molly replied.

“Thank you.” Miniya replied quietly.

“You know, it’s pretty easy to be sorta friends with your woman’s friend, without people talkin’ too much.” Hondo added.

Miniya looked up slowly, “R.really?”

He nodded, “That’s how I see it at least. I still expect you to go to Jefe with your problems first, as a woman should always go to her man first, but if you can’t you can always come to Molly an’ I an’ we can help”

He emphasized the ‘us’ and ‘we’ a bit, as he did not want her seeming to get attached to him to come between him and Fernando, nor for others to think less of her, as her self-esteem was already non-existent.  

She looked back down and smiled to herself, seeming to physically relax again.

“Thank you.” She said softly.

He then started forward again and entered camp, carefully pulling up to the camper before stopping and shutting the engine off.  

“Alright, Miniya, why don’t you grab your gear an’ go find your sister. Molly, you go inside an’ get some rest. Those rabbit girls should be passed out on our bed an’ Maggie should be restin’ somewhere too. There’s blankets in the pull-out drawer under the couch. Once we get settled again, we’ll get our bed back an’ get a closet cleaned out for your clothes.” He said.

“Don’t worry about me. All I need is a duffle bag.” She replied, though the thought of her own closet did thrill her.

“Once we go clothes shoppin’ again, you’ll need the space. Besides, it’s our room an’ you deserve to have the space. Val’s stuff can go to the dirigible, if it flies.” He replied.

“Thanks again, Mr. Hondo.” Miniya said quickly before slipping out to leave them alone.

They glanced back at her but she was quickly out and gone, before they could speak.

Molly turned back to him with a worried look, “What are you going to do? You should get some rest too.”

He shook his head, “Can’t. I still need to check the camper over, fuel it, then fill the Bronco and the fuel trailer. Have to make sure the fuel barrels in that new trailer are filled as well, but after I meet up with Jefe as I think we were supposed to meet with someone about somethin’ … *sigh* … too much goin’ on to keep it all straight.”

She frowned but nodded, “Alright, but please try to rest if you can.”

He nodded, “I’ll see about it.”

She then stepped out and grabbed her bag from the back, as he stepped out and looked around for a bit. After a brief look he saw Fernando leaning against his VW camper, so Hondo walked his way.

“Howdy Jefe.” He called out in a low voice as he approached.

“You look like shit.” Fernando replied.

“Heh! You should look in the mirror sometime!” Hondo replied with a chuckle.

“I see most of you made it back. Where is Marvin and Karl, and your ex and the one you do not seem to want to talk about?” Fernando replied, ignoring his comment, as he was trying to ignore his own levels of stress and exhaustion.

“Can’t say I want to talk ‘bout either of them right now, but they think they can get that shit-heap flyin’ before we leave an’ they want to follow the caravan with it. I gave them my disgruntled blessin’ an’ a few coins to do it, though I’d be surprised if they pulled it off. Figured it’d keep them out of my hair for a bit. Damn… Oh, an’ Marvin an’ Karl will be along soon. They are takin’ care for a few last-minute things.” Hondo replied a bit sourly.

“They are your problem, so whatever you decide there.” Fernando replied, though he had some worry for his friend still on this issue.  

Hondo frowned, “Yeah. My problem. *sigh* … I’m stugglin’ a bit with her. She wants my forgiveness but… Don’t have time for that bull-shit right now anyway.

Fernando nodded, but decided to change the subject as he saw that though Hondo might need to talk about that sometime soon, he did not see ready right now.

“That Beekeeper with the mead should be here soon. At least you made it here before they did.” He said.

Hondo grimaced a bit, “Is that who we were supposed to meet? Honestly, I knew there was someone, but I couldn’t remember who or why… *sigh* … I’ll be glad to get out of this hell-hole.”

“You and me both.” Fernando replied sourly.

“Before they get here, I wanted to talk to you ‘bout Miniya an’ Maggie.” Hondo said, seeming a bit concerned.  

Fernando sighed and rubbed his eyes, trying to muster calmness himself, as he braced for a report on them doing something stupid.

“What did they do, now?” He asked as he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to ease his headache.

Hondo told him about Miniya, what had happened, how he had responded, what Molly had made him realize, and then their conversation after. Fernando nodded as Hondo spoke and sighed again, but more in weariness than in frustration this time.  

“*sigh* … I see. You did not do wrong, but I see why you think you did. Honestly, I have been thinking about how lucky we have been with the group so far, with them falling in line and doing what we ask, aside from Macey and Zoey’s escapades, but you are right. We have not fully considered the transitioning for them, or the lack of knowledge. I had to keep on Macey about cleanliness at first, as she was not taught some of the basics from her own mother, but the others seem to be doing fine there. The question is, how well are they doing and what else are we not thinking about that comes natural to us. We do need to get out of here first, but we will talk more on how to address all this later.” Fernando replied.

“Schoolin’ is another thing too. I found out Karl can read some, but can’t write, an’ even those who can do both, struggle. I don’t think there’s a wessen here above a fourth grade readin’/writin’ level, an that’s maybe a third or second grade level, more realistically. I was readin’ before first grade, an’ though the schools are gettin’ worse in the time we’re from, in private schools first or second grade they are readin’ at least. Macey managed to guess at the word ‘peanut butter’, Miniya tried but admitted that she knows letter an’ sounds but can’t read, an’ I think Mae an’ June one of them must have read somethin’ as they asked for somethin’ we didn’t talk ‘bout, but I was told Kiah can’t read an’ April might be dyslexic, so I’m sure they aren’t much better than the others who can read a little.” Hondo added.

Fernando nodded, “That is something I have been thinking about, but not had the time to implement.”

“Molly said she struggles but can read, write, an’ do basic math, an’ she’s willin’ to help teach the others if we help her. Might at least be someone to take on doin’ a lot of the legwork or at least time-consumin’ class organizin’ for us.” Hondo added further.

Fernando nodded again, “That is something to consider, at least, but not here or now… Now, you said something about Maggie too.”

Hondo went on to tell him about how Maggie’s seemed to latch onto him and putting herself under Hondo as her master, due to her being so broken, and how she sees Fernando as he second master, and how her heat had been taken and was being restored due to the bio-pills, and her fears, her forced abortion, etc. Fernando worked his jaw angrily at parts of the story, but he stayed silent until Hondo finished.

“… So, yeah, that’s it.” Hondo said, “She wants me to take her as she claim’s it’s the only thing that helps her, unless you are willing to, as she put it, spay her, which I told her was not happenin’.”

Fernando shook his head, “#$@!ing animals, I swear… You are right, that is not happening. I admit I know little about the wessen’s heat, but we are not mutilating bodies to stop it. I need to understand it better, but from talking to that army doctor, they have some things available to help ease the heat or stop them.”

“That bastard, Marco?” Hondo asked with a sneer.

Fernando nodded, “One and the same.”

“Heh! I trust him as far as Itchy-cooch can throw him! I told you ‘bout how Miniya said her heat an’ fertility was taken from her; which Maggie said the same happened to her after they murdered her baby. They were given pills until their insides hurt an’ they felt sick, then they couldn’t get pregnant again. The thing is, Miniya said she was given somethin’ like the military gives their wessen, an’ she heard it does the same things to them! One of the wessen sergeants an’ her corporal gave me a similar story, ‘bout the military chemically an’ sometimes physically castratin’ the wessen, male an’ female, especially those with stronger heats, or those caught #$@!in’! Seems like a human soldier can #$@! a wessen, but if caugh the wessen is punished, an’ if two wessen are caught, they are both punished. On top of all that, an’ bein’ used for the human soldier’s pleasure, they’re used to do most of the dirty work, an’ as livin’ shields at times.” Hondo growled.

“I cannot see Jastrey letting that slide!” Fernando insisted.

“Jastrey thought they were a little better than animals not long ago, remember? That look on her face when you revealed that one girl to not only be human but her granddaughter, you remember that?” Hondo retorted.

Fernando frowned, “So much has happened since then, I guess I had half forgotten all that. Damn, what was that, two months ago?”

“Two or three. I’ve lost track of time.” Hondo replied.

“*sigh* Seems like a lot longer ago than that, though.” Fernando replied, shaking his head as he thought of everything that had transpired since.

“To those in the military, it hasn’t been that long, though. They’ve had wessen in their ranks long before us, but they were treated badly. That damn major who we have been workin’ with has shown disdain ‘bout them several times. Hell, I doubt it’s all sunk into Jastrey’s head yet either, so those under her who have just heard ‘bout it, or been ordered to treat them as human, you think they have unlearned their beliefs or prejudices yet?” Hondo asked.

“I understand prejudices too well and seen them first hand all too often to even think that they are set aside so easily.” Fernando replied grimly.

“An’ Marco showed his disdain for, as he put it, waistin’ medical supplies on David an’ the Wessen town’s Mayor’s daughters. Plus, these meds were made for wessen, an’ if they had dangerous side effect like that, I doubt they have had time to make them safe since the treaty was signed. I wish I knew for sure on any of this. I talked to Molly ‘bout it all some a week back or so, before this happened, and she seemed to believe there are scent blockers to help protect a wessen in heat from smellin’ like she was in heat so they aren’t attacked, but she was afraid of any meds to lessen or stop a heat. I admit I know little ‘bout medicine, that’s why I lean on you for that stuff, but I’m hearin’ enough to make me worry. I was told even human woman have to go off birth-control occasionally to let themselves have a period for health reasons, so even if these meds didn’t have side effect themselves, might tryin’ to stop their heats with meds long term hurt them?” Hondo asked, anger and worry evident in his voice as he worried for his own girls’ safety and felt for the girls who had already been hurt by these things in the past, like Maggie, Miniya, and presumably the bunny girls, human and wessen alike, since they shared similar ‘careers’.

Fernando nodded, “You are not wrong, but I will need to look into it further. Scent blockers should be alright as long as there is not anything in them that will leech through the skin and effect their system or mess with their hormones. I did not get any pills from Marco, just some spray and some hormone gum, so hopefully these will help, but even he admitted they do not work on them all. For now, do what you can for Maggie, I’ll talk to Miniya when I have time, and I will look into a safe means of helping them, if one is available.”

“If there isn’t a safe means?” Hondo asked.

“There is one. Maybe it is not medicinal, but we will find something. Though, be warned, Marco tells me that sex with a wessen in heat but pulling out can increase their heat, as can fooling around with them. This could be an old-wives tale, meant to keep them from fooling around to lessen the urges, or encourage them to take pills or have surgery to stop them, but I cannot be sure.” Fernando added.

“Or an excuse for their masters to force it on them, an’ keep from unwanted breedin’. I’ve not heard anyone directly talk ‘bout it, but I’ve heard a few things that make me think some want to control how wessen are breed, not just population.” Hondo replied.

Fernando nodded, “Both are probably true. Just look at history.”

“But, now Maggie says foolin’ ‘round helps her, though we did not discuss the difference between pullin’ out or not.” Hondo replied.

“Something about the process of turning humans into wessen, and even the unstable nature of their offspring, seems to make each one very different, so it is possible that it could work for some while having the opposite effect on others. Humans are not much different, honestly, but with wessen the differences seemed to be more profound, and varied. You should talk to her further about it.” Fernando said.

Hondo nodded, “I will. Just hopin’ she can hold out until we get settled next. If she’s havin’ David as her co-pilot, though, she might need some scent blockers. I know you put some things in his head to make it so he can function, but how much restraint will a teen of his age have if she starts goin’ into heat while they are together?”

“I had not thought about that, honestly. I will see what can be done.” Fernando replied.

“Hmph… Things never get simpler, do they?” Hondo said more than asked.

Fernando shook his head, “No they do not.”

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2962 - Apr 3rd, 2024, 3:54pm

Knowing what is expected next, Hondo asks “What’s next?”

“The beekeeper lady should be coming within the hour with some mead I told her how to beekeeper lady should be coming within the hour with some mead I told her how to make a starting batch. Then check the vehicles and I have to run to Maddie’s place around 4:30 – 5:00 to get dinners for the convoy to have in go-bags. Then a final check and we start rolling out.” Fernando explains.

“Where shall we begin?” Hondo asks.

“I’ll get a couple chairs and work on the remaining radios you got from Center Town and you can check on those boxes and barrels I teleported into the trailer from the hanger. Plus I’ll show Naya where her bag is and what’s inside.” Fernando explains.

“I’ll go get them from the back of the Bronco.” Hondo replies.

“If I am not back here, I’ll be in my camper, just open the driver’s door and lets yourself in. And if I am not inside, let yourself in and I’ll be arriving from the bunny girl’s camper with Naya’s duffle bag.” Fernando explains.

“No problem.” Hondo replies.

“I’ll tell the girls, Naya, that you might enter the camper and not to worry. Ichi’s asleep.” Fernando tells her.

“Anythin’ else I should know?” Hondo asks.

“They are sleeping on the floor as I moved that bed there, behind the front seats.” Fernando explains.

“Why would you move the bed to the floor?” Hondo asks.

“As you know, the camper is electric. The bad battery pack is towards rear before the electric motor; if it goes, it would heat up the platform above it, and set the bed on fire from the heat. Being on the floor away from the battery pack’s area is better and won’t burn.” Fernando explains.

“If you know, what is the thickness of the panel the bed was on compared to the floor?” Hondo asks.

“If the spirits went by VW Standards, the bottom where one would consider the floor, rear platform, front seat platforms, front floor panels, and rising panel from the floor panels to the platform panels is 18 gauge steel panels welded together. Compared to the roof and side body panels which are 16 gauge steel panels welded together.” Fernando explains.

“And the frame are welded the panels?” Hondo asks.

“The frame should be shape stamped 14 gauge steel, lined up with other frame parts and later with the panels and welded together.” Fernando explains.

“I see.” Hondo replies. After a bit of silence he asks, “Why don’t you reverse time on that battery pack and make it new again?”

“I tried, and it looks like that pack was made with bad recycled batteries to begin with.” Fernando answers, adding, “At least they are enough to just run the lights while we go. We’ll replace it at the next town. It being a long ride, I’ll turn on the generators at one of the bathroom breaks and I should be able to make the long ride.”

”Alrigh’, I’ll go git the radios for you while you git that girl’s thin’s.” Hondo says.

“See you then.” Fernando replies before they go their separate ways.

Fernando goes to his camper’s sliding door and opens, telling Naya to put on her shoes and hoodie, and pull the hood over her head. She does as she is told and steps out of the camper and follows Fernando to Minerva’s Medical Jeep. He leads her to the rear of the jeep and opens the door.

“This is where your things will be stored when the camp is going to the next town.” Fernando explains before pulling out her duffle bag. “This is your bag. I will put it here so you can get it while on the road.” He opens it and pulls out the package with the hoodie blanket. “You will take this with you inside your seat and put it on when it gets cold like in the picture.” He puts the hooded blanket back in the bag and the bag in the rear of the jeep. He then takes to the side of the jeep and opens the only side door and pulls down the seat. “I’ll talk to Minerva about it, but you are to sit behind her or anyone else who is driving. No one is in the camper when we driving on the road because if there is an accident, anyone in the camper gets killed. It is safe to be in the vehicle when on the road. Got that?”

“Yeah.” Naya replies.

“Good.” He says as he pushes the front chair in place and closes the door. He then takes Naya back to his electric camper, letting her go inside and back under the blanket with Ichigo though she did not take off her hoodie.

Hondo opens the driver’s door, making Fernando to turn to him, “Good, you’re here. Get in and relax. I’ll be there in a second.”

Hondo nods and gets in. Fernando closes the sliding door and opens the front passenger door, getting in and sits on the passenger door. Hondo looks over the dash set up and huge steering wheel.

“This is a lot of switches and gauges, almost like most big rigs.” Hondo points out.

“It’s not that hard drive or charge, you just have to read the panel labels and flip each switch as to what you want and read the meters for how much each battery has.” Fernando explains.

“Which one is the bad battery pack?” Hondo asks.

Fernando turns off all the batteries being charged by either generators or solar panel and flips one switch then points to the meter above it, “That one. It never gets above 9volts when it should be at 12volts.”

“What’s its amperage?” Hondo asks.

Fernando points to the other meter under it, “It says 425 amps when it should be over 600 amps.”

“Sounds like a couple dead or shorted cells in the pack.” Hondo points out.

“It should be enough to run the lights for most of the ride to the next town.” Fernando says.

“Let’s hope.” He says before hefting a cardboard box towards Fernando, “Here’s the radios.”

Fernando takes out a smaller box from inside the larger box before putting the box in the space between the seats. Hondo looks intently as Fernando opens it and pulls out a black UV-5R from inside along with a few other pieces and begins to assemble it. He then turns it on. It speaks something in Chinese. Going through its menu, he switches the language option within it to English. He then gives the radio a Factory Reset and it says “Frequency Mode.”

“That was simple.” Hondo says.

“Yeah, but it is now a blank radio, channels need to be programmed into it.” Fernando says as he looks about the box before finding a programming cable in the box like he has from the previous box. He then finds a small notebook and a CD ROM inside the box and hands them to Hondo, “That’s the programming cable and I hope the software. I already have that from the first box, so these can be yours.”

Hondo looks at cable, notebook and CD-ROM before taking a small box from the larger box, “I’ll do some of the radios like you just did to speed things up.”

Fernando writes some notes in his notebook, “Show me what you get done, I want to keep track of who gets what.” He then pulls out his Thinkpad X2000 laptop with his programming cable and sets it up. Hondo looks intently as Fernando opens a small plastic door on the side of the radio and puts the programming cable into the radio as the laptop boots. He then activates the programming software, setting up communications port and channel assignment to the radio and looks at Hondo. “Zoey and Macey will get the same 7 channels as everyone else, but what about a privacy channel for them?”

“That would be interesting. What you propose?” Hondo says and asks.

“What’s the possibility of K-mart Security still being a thing?” Fernando asks.

“Slim and none.” Hondo replies.

“The problem is somebody else using the frequency from some old radios.” Fernando points out.

“If the radios have a low power setting, you can set it up as low powered and the signal won’t go too far. A mile at best.” Hondo points out.

“And throw in a privacy tone on top of that.” Fernando adds, “I’ll need to add it to our radios under high power and have a radio for Ichigo to monitor them when they are out.” Fernando says.

“I’ll set up a radio for Ichigo; what channel would you want the girls to have?” Hondo says and asks.

“K-Mart’s Mall Security: Purple Dot, which is at 151.9550 MHz.” Fernando says as he sets up the frequency information on the programming software. “And I’ll set the CTCS privacy tone to 67.0Hhz. Others on that frequency could hear them, but they cannot interact with them, and the girls won’t hear them and thus interact with them.”  

He finalizes the information on the radio, marking that channel as “Zo&Ma” for “Zoey and Macey.” He also sets up a channel that Hondo and Fernando mostly use on their Yaesu as “Daddy” channel on high power and the Welcome Screen to “Welcome Zoey/Macey” (depending on who owns the radio). In all 9 channels are programmed into the radio.

“There... What do you think?” Fernando says as he as he shows what he did to the radio, putting the Zo&Ma Channel on channel A and “Daddy” Channel on channel B.

“Good for me.” Hondo says.

Fernando puts radio in the box, needing to separate antenna from the radio and shut it off, putting the box on the floor. Hondo hands him the second radio and works on a third. It only takes a couple minutes for the radio to be programmed and Fernando checks it before putting it away in the box it came in and putting it on top of the first box.

Hondo opens the third box and it is labeled “UV-5R” but in yellow. Hondo points it out as he assembles it, “I just realized that Tonya also requested for one. If I give her this one, she would want it to match everything she wears with it.”

“As long as she is not color matching her panties with it, there should be no problem as far as I care. Besides, I think I have some leather or black cloth fanny packs for them to wear to keep the radio in. Zoey and Macey are too small to have the radio clicked into their pockets, though not so for Tonya, but just in case, they should have a fanny pack. Who knows what girlie things they will put into them along with the radio?” Fernando explains as he gets the Yellow Baofeng from Hondo.

Hondo nods, “I would like to see one of them packs.”

“Yeah hold on...” Fernando says before putting his things down and gingerly step by Naya and Ichigo, then going into his box he got at the first town He and Jeanette were in from the Indians there. He pulls out three fanny packs from the clothing that was in there and returns with them to the passenger seat he was in. He hands them to Hondo, “What you think?”

Hondo looks them over, nodding as he checks the zipper and clips on it, revealing 3 pockets, 1 large one and 2 smaller ones. He then takes the yellow radio he was working on that he gave Fernando to test fit into the fanny pack. It fits if the antenna is taken off the radio. He says, “This should do.”

“Good.” Fernando replies as Hondo hands him back the yellow Baofeng. He then connects it to his computer to program the channels to it.

Hondo opens the forth box and it is labeled as “UV-5R8W.” Hondo points it out, “Would you know what that means?”

“According to what I read so far, these little radios are 5 watts, but that one is 8 watts with a software switch in its menu system for 5 watts for medium power, 8 watts for high power and 1.5 watts for low power. The regular radios can be switched to 5 watts for high power and 1.5 watt for lower power.” He pauses for a second as he puts away the third radio in the box and puts it on top of the other two, “Before you get another radio, search for an extended battery and get them out, if you can get three, we will put them in these three radios for the girls.”

“I’ll get that done.” Hondo says as he gives the fourth radio he assembled to Fernando. Fernando checks it and programs it, checking it again to see how it works. ‘Three for three.’ He thinks to himself. Hondo manages to find 6 extended batteries at the bottom of the box and pulls them out, showing them to Fernando.

“Good enough, one for the each of us.” Fernando says, “Hold on to them and set up more radios... you said that Ruth and Joanna could use them? I do not want Val to find out, I think she already has one of your Yaesus.”

“I’ll make sure of that.” Hondo replies.

“Thanks. Let’s see who else needed a radio?” Fernando asks.

“Zoey, Macey, Tonya, Ichigo, Ruth and Joanna. That should be it.” Hondo replies.

“So two more after this and we’re done with this.” Fernando says, adding, “I’ll put this with the radio parts I have unless you want them.”

“I think they would be better off with you.” Hondo replies.

“Alright then. In the other town I’ll finish assembling the rest and consolidate the parts left over. Just take the bottom three and put a large battery in the box, keep one for you and I can have the other. Those are for Zoey, Macey and Tonya.” Fernando says as he points out the radio boxes. He adds, “Give me your radio for a second to add their channels while you set up the last two for Ruth and Joanna.”

Hondo reaches into his jacket pocket and hands Fernando his Baofeng as he finishes the unit for Ichigo. Putting away Ichigo’s radio, He takes Hondo’s radio, makes a few adjustments to the channel list (setting the Zo&Mo channel to high power where the girls’ radios on that channel were set to low), then connects the radio to his laptop and programs the additional channels to Hondo’s radio before giving it back to him. He then repeats the process with his Baofeng radio while Hondo gives him one of the two radios for Ruth and Joanna. The programming only takes about a minute, and he had to load the file he is using with the rest of the convoy for the last two radios. He finishes programming the last radios in a couple of minutes, packing them back in their boxes. Fernando starts to clean up the area, putting away the ones in the box on the floor in front of the passenger seat and keeping the one radio box for Ichigo, while Hondo takes the ones done with him to give out.

“I’ll see you in a bit after I give these out.” Hondo says before opening the driver’s door.

“Yeah, see ya around in a bit.” As Fernando begins to pack up his laptop and put it away.

With Hondo gone, Fernando takes the radio for Ichigo and puts it away on one of the top cabinet shelves above the sink. He then consolidates the radio parts together first and then the unprogrammed radios next in the same box and manages to fit and secure it under the passenger area dashboard he then goes through the switched on the electrical board and checked his battery status on all packs. Everything but the one bad pack seems to be fully charged and ready to go. He shuts everything off for the time being.

Looking about the place around him, he puts the box with Ichigo’s radio inside the storage tray of the passenger dash before stepping out. Looking at his watch as he leans against the front of his camper, it is about a half hour before 3oclock. He did not expect being pounced on around his waist from his left.

“THANK YOU UNCLE!!!” Zoey lets out as she holds on to him tightly. She got the fanny back on, heavy with the radio and antenna inside.

Fernando reaches down returns the hug, “Did you thank your father? He did helped me put them together for you.”

“We thanked him.” Macey catches up with Zoey. She stops in front of him.

“What’s with the sad face?” He asks.

“Do you love me?” Macey asks.

“With all my heart as a father should of his daughter.” He tells her.

“What about Ichigo?” Macey asks.

“There is admiration and respect as she is an adult and not a child but because of her condition and need to hide her from those that would harm her, you know, she has to pretend to be my other daughter. But what I feel for her does not take away what I have for you.” Fernando explains.

“What about that new sheep girl you rescued? I heard you got her slave papers from her old master.” Macey asks.

“I also have slave papers for most of the Wessens in the group for their protection. But that does not mean a thing if you think I’m giving my love to them. In fact, after we leave this place, you and I and maybe a few others, we will go through the holy book, and point out that you have to love everyone around you like you love yourself. That does not mean that you are to have sexual relationships with them, that is something we will speak about as well. But as for you and I, a father’s love for his daughter goes as far as it is allowed, as a daughter’s love goes for her father goes she allows. I know that there are some father’s that would have sex with their girls, and of that I have to say it is the wrong thing to do. Love means that I do not force things on you and you do not force things on me. We will have our private intimate time but that is as far as it goes. But as for everyone else, my love of them does not take away my love for you. For them I will do what I can to help them. For you, I would and have killed. Hondo will say and so the same thing for Zoey and Tonya.”

Macey stands there unsure what to say to him but want to say that she wants to take it to that level with him because she is scared that others who would take to that level would take him away from her. Other that she seen wanting to be close to him like Ichigo, Minerva and that new sheep girl who’s name she has not remembered yet. And in her mind, if they do, that she would do what it takes to keep her father even if she has to do those things she saw in her mother’s house of ill-repute because it was always knocked into her head that if she wanted to keep somebody she loves close to her that she better be doing things that involves dropping her panties and invoking levels of sex and intimacy that in her mind she is not ready for though her body might be since the age of 10.

Macey finally gets the courage to say, “Then why did you sent me away with Zoey and the others?”

“I sent you away in order to be safe. This camp became dangerous when those Wessen Hating Biker Gang moved into town. And even then they tried to take you but under Hondo’s protection, you were saved. Over here in the camp, several of General Jastrey’s Army people were killed when the gang tried attack the camp and take everything here as theirs.” Fernando explains, “I can trust Hondo in protecting you and the others in the hanger, but I cannot trust me in protecting you here with the Biker Gang so close to us as they had attacked us and killed many of the army’s people. You, Zoey, even Tonya, could have been caught out there, taken and killed. That I could not allow and that is why I sent you away to be with Hondo.” Fernando explains.

“What about Ichigo? She stayed. Why did she not go with us?” Macey asks.

“People are after Ichigo, and to protect her she has to be close to me most of the time or hide where I told her to hide. She never stepped outside the camper the hold time you were hiding with Zoey and other others.” Fernando explains.

“I bet you had sex with her while I was gone.” Macey throws out.

“Whether you want to believe it or not, the answer to that is no, not with her, not with the Naya – the sheep girl I rescued here, and not any other female. And it is not because I wanted to or not, but because I was too focused and too busy in protecting the camp from the biker gang.  In the week since we came here, I only had 4 nights of a good sleep. All the other times I was awake patrolling the camp and fighting the bikers when they attacked, 24 - 7. Which brings Naya, who I rescued, because the Wessen Hating Biker Gang found her Wessen friends and killed them all and they were looking for her so they can kill her too. So I did not has sex with anyone, it is not that I wanted too, because I did not.” Fernando explains to her.

“HMPH...” Macey responds.

Fernando reaches out to Macey, grabbing her shirt and pulls her to him until they are against each other. He then let’s go if her shirt and outs his arm around her, leaning his head to her ear “Do not make me make you regret that you are my daughter. What I do for you I do with what little I have to give you, that includes love, patience and understanding. This is a shit world we are in, and if we manage to get out of here alive, we would be very lucky.”  He then puts her at arm’s length and tells her, “I need you to be with Zoey as I have a bad battery in the camper which might blow up on the way to the next town.”

“Why don’t you replace the battery?” Zoey asks before Macey could reply.

“Nobody here has a replacement. So I’m going to take chance and drive with it and hope it does not blow until we get to the next town and maybe they have a replacement battery there.” Fernando explains.

“Where are Ichigo and that Sheep girl going to sleep? In our camper while you drive?” Macey throws at him.

“Naya will be sleeping in Minerva’s jeep as we roll to the next town. Ichigo will be in the passenger seat for a fast get-away in case the battery blows up during our ride, and then she has instructions to run into Hondo camper and stay there until things prove.” He explains to her.

Macey remains silent for the moment, not knowing how to answer as she did not get the answer she wanted that she could use against him as the information given totally went against what she was trying to say or do with her drama building. He can sense that she is plotting and scheming but ignores it for now. Tomorrow things should be better for everyone.

Fernando continues, “Remember what I told you about drama, and I would send you back to your mother’s whore house if you dare try to do anything against me – your father, the man who is willing to keep you safe, warm and well fed on top of everyone in the camp. If you think I’m not doing my best for you, I’ll send you back to your mother’s whore house you will be wondering what the #$@! happened. Drama destroys love, respect and trust. Bring up drama with me, little one, and you will lose a lot with me. So the choice is simple for you: you can either continue making drama and end up back at your mother’s whore house having dogs #$@! you every day or end the drama now and you continue to be with me, Zoey, uncle Hondo and have everything we can give you. We been through this before in Center Town when you made Zoey run away with your drama and Aunt Val kidnapped and experimented on by the Grey Lady and I told you then that if you do it again, you will be send back to your mother. So choose your words and actions carefully. You are not the boss of anyone here. I am the boss of this convoy, Hondo is second after me. And you have no power to use my name to get anyone in trouble. You are to be my daughter, not some power hungry bitch like Maribelle is. And you are not my girlfriend or wife to be telling me who I am to have sex with. Who I stick my dick into is my business, not yours to which I already told you that I have not even though it is none of your business. So behave and be the girl I as your father can be proud off, and not some street hoe that needs rescuing. Do I make myself clear on that?!”

Macey begins to tear up but eventually says, “Y.y.y.yes... F.f.father.”

“Good.” He says, before saying, “Now, take out your radio, you too Zoey.”

Zoey does as requested but Macey throws in, “Are you taking them away?”

“No. Just need to teach you two a few things about them.” Fernando says as he pulls out his Baofeng. “Put the antenna on and turn them on.”

It takes a while to put on antenna but the girls figure it out and turn on their radios. Fernando holds out his radio and demonstrates as he explains, “Like I shown to everyone before you have two radios in this tiny box: Channel A on top and Channel B on the bottom. For the most part, you two have your own private Channel on Channel A. You also have a ‘Daddy’ channel on Channel B. The Daddy Channel is in case you are somewhere far away from us and you need to speak to us. It is a private Channel for you to get us. To use it, press the blue button that says A/B and see on the screen where the marker triangle is on. The radio is set up to listen to both but to talk on one. You will get used to how that works. Got that?”

Zoey nods with Macey saying, “Yeah.”

Fernando throws in, “Now, this is for emergencies only as it blocks anyone from talking. Press and hold down this orange button” He then presses and holds down the orange button above the Push-to-Talk button. The alarm on his radio goes off, while at the same time transmitting on the frequency it was on for the “Daddy Channel”, any radio with the “Daddy Channel” would have the alarm howling on it.

Hondo working with the teens at his trailer, picks up the radio as it begins to howl, seeing that it is on the “Daddy Channel” runs off to get Fernando. He finds him with Zoey and Macey. “Wha’s Goin’ On?” he yells above the howling radios.

Fernando turns off the radio before answering, “Sorry about that. I was showing the girls about the alarm.”

“Oh...” Hondo replies.

Fernando goes back to the radio and the girls, “You have to make sure that the radio is on the Daddy channel before you turn on the alarm for us to hear it. If not, we may not be able to hear it.” He pauses for a second, “Also the alarm will not tell you where you are at, only tell us that you are trouble. Then we would go looking for you where you were at last. But like I said, the alarm blocks everyone else from talking on the channel the alarm is on. Now this is a lot of responsibility for you two to have but we trust you two to have it. Just note that only you two are the only ones who knows how to activate the alarm, so if it gets turned on and there is no emergency we will be having a talk with the both of you about false alarms. Hondo and I trust you two with this, do not break that trust with us. Got that?”

The girls nod.

“Now, make sure you are on the right channel, Channel A for your private channel. If you hear other people talking on your channel, let come to us and let us know immediately. With that said, for the next hour go have fun and stay within the parking area and out of trouble. We will moving out soon enough when everyone is ready.” He tells them.

“We’ll behave Uncle Fernando!” Zoey says before stepping away with Macey going after her.

Hondo steps up to Fernando as he looks at the girls trotting away. He then turns to Fernando, “Problems with Macey?”

“She’s going through a bitch phase that I need to put in her place before she drags in drama like a dead horse to beat.” He begins to say. “Stay right here, I’ll bring some chairs and tables from the Dub Box to set up here. The bee lady should be soon, her name is Amanda. Though I only seen the back of it, she drives a modified box truck in while, like she took an ambulance from the past and painted it white with large doors.”

“What does she look like?” Hondo asks.

“Don’t know, because when I met her, she was wearing protective gear that hid her features. But in the least she was around 5ft 6in tall or so. I’ll be right back.” Fernando tells him before going to the back where the Dub Box is. It only takes him a few seconds to get his folding table a few folding seats, a stack of paper cups, and bring them to set them up in the front of his electric camper.

As Fernando finishes setting up the table and chairs, a white box truck is allowed to enter the parking lot. It makes its way to where Ruth’s camper was parked at and sets itself there. The side doors of the box truck did not open but the rear doors did, with a brown haired woman in her early 30s stepping out as she carries a gallon jug filled with some liquid, with a couple of men pushing a hand truck each with larger jugs on them. She looks around, spotting Fernando by a table in front of his electric camper, and signals her men to head that way ahead of her as she locks up the rear of her truck. In a few seconds she catches up with her men and leads them to Fernando.

“Fernando, correct?” Amanda approaches the table.

“I am he.” Fernando replies, adding “Is that the mead?”

“Yes it is, as per your instructions.” Amanda explains as she puts the jug on the table.

“Let’s try it then.” Fernando says as he pulls out s few paper cups, “By the way, this Hondo, my right hand man in this convoy.”

“Hondo, as in Hondo of the Sackett Clan?” Amanda asks.

“Don’t know about clans, little lady, but I am Hondo Sackett.” Hondo replies.

Amanda steps up to Hondo, leaning towards him and looking at his face “You look a lot like him. Show me your hands.”

Unsure on what to say, Hondo puts out his hands to her. She takes one and follows the lines on his palm and then the other before she looks up at him.

“It’s you! How can not you not remember?” Amanda asks.

Fernando intervenes, “Amanda, I need you to relax and listen carefully, because there is something you should know.”

Amanda turns to look at Fernando while still holding Hondo’s hand, “What is there to explain, this is Hondo. Hondo, the Righteous Cowboy of the Sackett Clan. Hands do not lie.”

Fernando lets out a sigh before saying “That is Hondo but not the Hondo you know.”

“What do you mean by that?” Amanda asks.

“It’s a long story but just listen.” Fernando explains.

Amanda looks at Fernando.

Fernando begins, “This is the Spirits fault, as in they dragged us from before the Chaos and brought us here to save some lost child and help several families. But this did this several times, bringing copies of us to what time they wanted us in. So the Hondo you met and know, was from another time and it was not us. For example, there is another me and him who many years ago fought the Lich in a match in Fight Town. Because of that we were forced to fight the Lich and his team though many were calling it as a rematch, for us it was the first time we ever fought them. So it is that other Hondo you probably dealt with, it is not us. Now, if I can ask what did that Hondo do?”

Amanda turns to Hondo, “So you’re Hondo but you’re not the Hondo I know?”

“I’m afraid so, little lady.” Hondo replies, adding, “How do you know that other Hondo?”

“We’re related though you never married our grandmother Samantha, you rescued her from Hector’s men selling her into slavery and she rewarded you with what a poor woman could with what she had many years ago. You left and then came back many years later and fought off an army of slavers with the Sackett Clan from taking our family and home. Then you came be one more time after having some fight in Fight Town, that is when I saw you as a child and I remember your face and your hand lines. Since you left grandmother Samantha, she did not carry the Sackett name but told us that we are just as much Sackett as the clan is. She gave birth to two twin boys, one of them who is my father.” Amanda explains.

“And by what name does your family goes by?” Fernando interrupts her.

“We go by Jolstens, though grandmother Samantha says it should be Sackett-Jolstens.” Amanda explains.

“Jolstens? No way.” Fernando begins, and pauses, “Amanda, any of your family go out to search for gold?”

“Part of the family on my uncle’s side does but up in Kanada Country way up north. And they do not share what they found with the rest of us unless we give them food, drunk, a place to stay when visiting down here. Why?” Amanda explains.

Fernando extends his hand and pulls off the gold college ring he wears from Columbia Medical University. He looks at the inside, next to his signature inside the ring, he points to “Jolstens” to show her.

“This was many years before the Chaos happened, but the Jolstens family were famous for their fine jewelry and works of gold, platinum and silver. The Jolstens branch of your family made this ring for me back then.” Fernando explains. He takes back the ring and puts it back on his finger along with the other two he wears: Brooklyn tech High School and City University. He tries to get back things on track, “About this mead, tell me about it. Easy or hard to make as I instructed?”

“It was easy. Just the matter of waiting was daunting letting it just sit there.” Amanda says.

“A good mead takes about 10 days to make. More days to make it better.” Hondo says, then asks “How long did you had this sit?”

“Only three days, as per his instructions.” Amanda replies.

“Three days is a start.” Fernando says, pointing to the foam on the top inside the jug, “When you get that foam on the second or third day, then you know it will be a good mead when it is done. But if there no foam, then there is something wrong. Yeast maybe dead, too much water in the mix in trying to thin it out being two problems you could not get any foam. Now let’s try this.”

Fernando sets up three cups on the table as Amanda opens the jug, filling the three cups.

The cups are raised, a toast is given and the mead tasted. It was more sweet than alcoholic as it was under 20% or 10-proof alcohol, but the start of a good mead was being fermented. Amanda looks at the men as they nod.

“This would be great if left to sit out longer. 10 to 15 days or more.” Hondo says.

“Then you can bottle it and sell it to the bars and at your stand like some of those bakers selling beer on top of the bread and pastries they sell.” Fernando says.

“That good?” Amanda says.

“That great, Miss Amanda. You did well with this beginning. Don’t use all your honey to make and sell Mead but in the least maybe 20-80. 20 percent for the mead, and 80 percent in your honey sales. Honey is more important than mead but mead can get you that extra cash when you need it. The only problem you will have it letting them sit and ferment for a long time before you bottle it. But beer makers have that same problem too. Fermentation is a slow process. And you need a trusted source of yeast to make the mead with. Bad yeast can mess up a load of mead badly.” Fernando explains.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Amanda tells him.

“Make sure your bottles are clean when you bottle it, and get a good capper and label.” Hondo tells her.

“We got machine that does labels. Just got to get a bottle and capping machine.” Amanda says.

“If you can get those bottles with the white stone caps a with wire doo-hookie many places have then you would not need a capper, just clean it and the bottle, put the mead in it and close the stone cap then put a label on it. And make a deal with the bars to get back your bottle when they are empty, like at every delivery, get the case of empty bottle to wash, clean and re-fill.” Fernando explains.

“Sounds like a great idea.” Amanda replies.

“Even though that is your starter jug, how much for it?” Fernando asks.

“That one was for trying it out and see where to go from there. But my boys have these two 10 gallon jugs we were going to sell you, $20 apiece, but since you are now in a way our family, we’ll give them to you.” Amanda explains.

“Nonsense. Family or not, family helps out. You say $20 a piece?” Hondo says and asks.

“Hondo, I got it.” Fernando says as he pulls out a small sack of gold coins, handing it over to Amanda, “Hell, in 10 to 15 days you could sell them for $50 a 10-gallon jug. But a deal it a deal. $40 for the two jugs, and keep the rest for you to start out on this business. I do not know when we will be back, but when we come back, we will want some fresh mead...”

Amanda opens the bag, fingering through the coins counting them until she reaches about $450 though there was more coins in the sack “This is too much!”

“Don’t worry about it.” Fernando says.

“Yeah, take it and use it well to make your business grow and protect the family.” Hondo tells her.

Amanda looks at them both, then the sack of gold coins in her hand, and then at her two men with the hand trucks. She asks, “Where shall I put it?”

“Leave it right there, we’ll move it later.” Fernando says.

Amanda asks, “So you and your people staying?”

“We will be leave by night for, heading south to the next town.” Fernando replies.

“I know of the place, only go there 2 or 3 times a year as they are so far away, and only with a road train of other truckers going there.” Amanda explains.

“I can imagine.” Fernando says.

Hondo tries to speed things along, “Well we got a lot to do before we go. Whenever we meet again, Miss Amanda, take care!”

“Take care then.” Amanda says, before ordering her men to put the 10-gallon jugs of mead by their table and had back to their truck.  Fernando and Hondo remain silent as Amanda drives away.

“Don’t say it, I don’t want to hear it.” Hondo says first as the truck drives through the gate.

“I’m not saying anything. Who knows how many girls my other self got pregnant that I do not know off nor care about.” Fernando tells him. He then throws in, “How notice how when she talked, it was all about you, nothing about me – sort of speak. Like I was not around when you dealt with family matters.”

“Maybe we went our own way?” Hondo asks.

“Who knows. I do not want to speculate on anything those two may have done as I do not want to be connected with what they did.” Fernando tells him.

“Alright, what now?” Hondo asks.

“If you want to you can take the two jugs of meed and put it in your trailer, or I put in the Dub Box Camper and you have the other one.” Fernando says.

“I’ll take both and in maybe 10 days we can try it out.” Hondo explains.

“Alright. I’ll be checking the generators and their fuel levels. We can meet up and check the other vehicles and supplies before I go to Maddie’s to pick up the dinner meal for Ruth and the girls to put into Go-Bags.”

“What’s for dinner?” Hondo asks.

“Sandwiches and soup. Something quick and filling and won’t be a distraction while driving.” Fernando says.

“Good eatings I bet.” Hondo says.

“I trust Maddie in making a good meal when we need it so we go not have to tap into our own supplies and spend time cooking and preparing it into small packages into bags. This saves hours of prep work the girls would do.” Fernando explains.

Hondo goes over to the 10-gallon jugs and picks each one up, “I’ll see you in a bit then.” He then tarts walking to his trailer to put away the jugs of meed.

Fernando takes the paper cups and the open jug of meed, closing it and putting it in his electric camper for the time being before putting the folding tables and chairs into the Dub box camper. He then moves the paper cups and the jug of meed into the Dub Box camper. Since one of the generators was under the sink of the Dub Box Camper, he starts checking on that one first. Its modified 5-gallon tank shows it to be half empty but still more than enough to for a couple days of non-stop running and charging batteries if needed. Before the modifications, the generators only had 1 gallon tanks for fuel.

He goes to lock up the Dub Box Camper and goes into the engine bay of the camper. There was a different story. Thought the generator fitted neatly on the right rear of the engine compartment where a battery would be, the battery in front of it was fine as was those on the opposite side. But the battery where the 10 gallon fuel tank would be was swollen, and be difficult to remove by hand. This is the battery that the Sprits put into the camper when built it. The others were ones he added in at center town along with the generators to speed up recharging and to separate power distribution throughout the bus. The biggest packs he put in are under the Camper Floor besides the water and waste tanks and he knows they are fine though they take the longest to charge as they are the biggest. Though they were not used to the trip to Flight Town, they should be fully charged to the trip to the next town.

In the least the wiring looks fine to him. Connectors are shiny and without corrosion. It is just that battery that is bothering him. It should be good enough to run the lights of his camper though they may be dimmer than normal. And if bad goes to worse, he can quickly switch out the electrical connection to the battery and onto another, isolating it as to be dealt with later. As is he has about a three hundred mile range on just batteries alone but with the generators recharging the batteries that were run down during the travel, the range can be extended another hundred miles or so. One way or another he thinks that he can make the long trip he has to go through with what he has.

“So how does it look?” A voice belonging to Hondo says out loud to get into the engine bay Fernando had his head in making him flinch for a moment.

Fernando slowly pulls himself out from the engine bay. He shakes his head for a moment. “Except for that one bum battery pack, things look fine. Just finishing up tightening up a few loose things.” He closes the rear deck of his camper bus’ engine bay and locks it. Looking at his watch, he says, “I still have an hour or so before picking up the meals from Maddie’s place. What should we do?”

“You need anythin’? As in the Camper Bus?” Hondo asks.

“The generators need to be topped off but as is they should be fine for a day or two.” Fernando states.  

“Better to fill’em up then. Can’t take a chance out on the road if things go south.” Hondo points out.

“All right then. Let me get a couple jugs to fill them up with.” Fernando says.

(To Be Continued...)

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2024, 11:30pm by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2963 - Apr 14th, 2024, 12:03am

Though there was a refueling station near the blimp station, They turned east to the East side of town where Maddie’s Diner was at, cutting through the grassy area where plane would crash on bad take offs or landings while trying to avoiding the Wessen Hating Biker Gang on the main venue and auxiliary parking area to the north of them. The fueling depot is north or before the flight schools in the area. They walk with purposeful silence, as if communicating telepathically between them though they do not have that power. Fernando has gathered two 5 gallon jugs but thinks he only needs one to fill the generators as they are half full. Hondo has a pull cart with 2-10 gallon jugs to fill his generators and motorcycles, with what is left over he can put into storage in the trailer. His camper has enough fuel to make the trip to Charlton but he has to figure something out once they get past No-Man’s land, as that would make his tanks half empty and it is better to have full tanks during a trip than half empty ones.

Filling the jugs only takes less than 10 minutes to do Fernando will add the 2-cycle engine oil after he refills the generator tanks.

“Somethin’ on your mind?” Hondo asks.

“No, not really.” Fernando replies.

“I thought maybe you might have somethin’ to say 'bout what Amanda said.” Hondo points out.

“I know that the Spirits tried to reboot this world several time, creating who knows how many copies of us out there. So I know it was not you. Besides, if it were you, you would be what – 85 years old right now? Even with the Bio-immortality pill, you would a very different person than who you are now because of the experience you would have lived through. So I have nothing to say other than I hope we never run into them. And who knows what other things our other selves did which we are going to be blamed for.” Fernando explains.

“Who knows how many grand kids you might have out there.” Hondo throws out.

“As long as no one starts claiming child support, I do not care. If some girl wants to throw mw some pussy, I’m not going to be some sissy fag and refuse it. I’m gonna take it and I’m gonna hit like some porn star making a porn film.” Fernando replies.

“That includes Ichi-Koo an' that new girl?” Hondo asks.

“Only if they constantly push it on me and like I warned them, ‘tease a dog long enough, you’re gonna get bit.’” Fernando replies.

“Give me a warnin’ then, the howls those two would let out when you do them lovely will be hurtin’ ears from here to – where it is we are goin’ again?” Hondo says and asks.

“Charlton Texas.” Fernando replies.

“Well, from here to there...” Hondo finishes.

“I’m more concerned with the Bunny Girls and Minerva’s group. Something about being rescued and girls think that they can pay off the rescuer with sex like some restaurant bill with credit card.” Fernando explains.

“That's how most women operate.” Hondo points out.

“You got that right. Even if it’s your job and you disappear like to do paper work, they will be out there looking for you to ‘reward you.’”

Fernando closes up his jugs as Hondo fills his. Fernando lets out a sigh.

“Anythin' wrong, Jefe?” Hondo asks.

“Just thinking that when we get to the next town, I will need a week to recharge my batteries as they all would be depleted. And that is if I get a replacement pack for the bum back.” Fernando points out.

“If you need anythin' from me to charge them faster, let me know. We’ll figure out somethin' to speed up the process.” Hondo  

“Thanks. I can always count on you to help.” Fernando replies.

“It goes both ways, I reckon.” Hondo replies as he closes one filled jug and starts filling the other.

“Let’s leave it at that then.” Fernando comments.

Hondo just gives a nod as he eyes the second jug being filled. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill the jugs. With the last jug filled, Hondo places the two large jugs into his pull cart. Fernando looks around, seeing that the area was busy, but not busy as it normally would be. Payment would be easy for them to make but no one was paying them any attention. Fernando has had it with Flight Town, though the fuel station owner would be an innocent, as far as Fernando is concerned, other than a few exceptions there were no innocents in Flight Town anymore. Business is business, and how one conducts themselves in the name of business makes or breaks a deal. Thus when one ignores their customers, one cannot complain when customers walk away.

Thinking about it, Fernando says to himself “#$@! it.” Though the fuel station owner maybe innocent of his town’s action, the town is not. Before deciding to walk away without paying for the fuel, Fernando leaves his jugs behind besides Hondo and goes into the fuel station office. It would figure that he would walk into a hold up. Three guys surround the counter with various fire arms that have seen better days while a fourth holds up a rough canvas bag to be filled with the place’s cash.

As he spins the crystal on his cane, Fernando yells out, “WHAT THE #$@! IS GOING ON HERE?!! I WAS GOING TO ROB THIS PLACE!”

Three of the four turn to face him with weapons drawn with the biggest of them replying back, “Go #$@! Yourself! We’re Robbing This Place!” He raises his firearm to Fernando, an expected move on his part.

Fernando presses the crystal sphere on his cane, making time slow down before drawing his firearm on his right side with his left hand, aims and shoots a volley of three shots before stepping out of the way of their aim. He then presses the crystal, making time revert to normal. His three shots hits true, right at the center of their foreheads. They drop to the ground dead before they knew what had happened. The fourth one suddenly realizes that he is alone with the store clerk, a couple of scared patrons and Fernando with his .45ACP 1911 M2A2 pistol aimed right at him.

Fernando stands in his place with his gun aimed at the last man standing, “You got a choice here, you can either: surrender peacefully or you can make moves to fight to get out of here and end up dead like your friends. The choice is yours.”

Distracted by Fernando’s statements, the fourth man does not see the store clerk pick up an old wooden Louisville Slugger from behind the counter and swings it at the back of the criminal’s head. Upon impact with the back of his head, the would be criminal goes out like a light and crumples to the floor. Fernando looks at the store clerk, giving him a nod while putting his firearm away. Hondo flies into the fuel station’s office, jamming the pull cart into the station’s door way and guns in hand.

Stepping behind Fernando, Hondo looked about the scene, seeing three dead and another on the ground with blood coming out his nose and ears. He starts to puts away his guns, “I see you have things in order.”

Fernando walks to the closest body, the largest of the three he took down noticing a few things, his jacket and an arm tattoo does not match those of the Wessen Hating Gang.  It seems to be from a different gang, as embossed on the back of their jackets “Grim Riders” with a picture of the four horsemen of the apocalypse on motorcycles instead of horses.

“It’s a good thing that we are leaving when we are.” Fernando says loud enough to be heard. He gets up and steps to the counter, putting two $20 silver coins on the counter, “That’s for the gas. General Jastrey will be coming for these four. Let’s go Hondo.”

Fernando walks to the door and holds it open for Hondo to retrieve the pull-cart from the doorway. Hondo walks around him and takes the pull cart out of the fuel station’s office. Fernando sees his 2 - 5 gallon jugs in the pull cart with Hondo’s 10 gallon jugs. He reaches to take the 5 gallon jugs.

“Don’t worry 'bout it. You need to get on that radio an' call General Jastrey.” Hondo tells him.

“I don’t want to but you’re right I have too.” Fernando says. He pulls out his Yaesu and calls General Jastrey on one of the military channels she has set up on 2meters. Though she was not there, he explains the situation to the Comms officer, requesting for help, arrest, body recovery and clean up of the fuel station on the East Side of Town while he and Hondo are finishing up on some last minute shopping, though they would be returning to camp within the next half hour. The Comms Officer replies that he will forward this information to General Jastrey as a high priority message. After thanks and salutations, Fernando turns off his Yaesu and continues on his way with Hondo.

“Before we go, you think the girls need anything?” Fernando asks Hondo.

“What you mean?” Hondo asks.

Fernando points to a store further down the block, “That is Coco Channel’s place. She deals in high quality women’s wear and lingerie. I had to get a few things for Ichigo so she would not be strutting about the camp in one of my t-shirts covering her bra and panties.”

“Heh... one of your t-shirts on her would be a dress.” Hondo throws out.

“Does Zoey or Tonya have a robe?” Fernando asks.

“Well, no.” Hondo says.

“Neither does Macey. Might as well get a few more for the other ladies. Just ignore that bitch’s snobby attitude. She thinks the world is there to sniff her ass.” Fernando explains.

“So, what are ya gettin’... for them?” Hondo asks.

“Robes for everyone, medium for Macey, and large for the bunny girls and others, and two small ones which I almost forgot. And though I should not, some nylon and silk bras and panties for Macey to make her feel special at least. And something for Naya as she basically has nothing though I already got her a few things, but not a robe for her.” Fernando explains as he tries to count the robes and things he will need for everyone in his mind: 6 bunny girls including the two Hondo rescued, 4 adult Wessens in Minerva’s group, 3 teen Wessens in Minerva’s group, and 2 children in Minerva’s group. And 4 adult in the human teen group, plus Macey. Then underwear for Macey and Naya. He adds, “Remind me, perhaps when we get to the next town but I got some bathing suits from one of the sex shops, for when for what reason we get to a river or lake and the girls want to go swimming in it. They are both bikinis and 1 piece and all in black. Macey already has a pink one piece but it’s like seeing her nude if she got a full body sun burn.”

“Zoey might like it, I do not know about Tonya. She’s gettin' picky about anythin' I get her.” Hondo explains. He then asks, “What about Jeanette an' her Motley crew?”

“If she wants anything, she can get them herself. But I did get a few one-piece and bikinis for the Den mother’s four girls. The boys can use their shorts they have but girls, you know...” Fernando explains.

“Yeah, I figured as much.” Hondo replies.

In the time they were talking they end up by Coco Chanel’s shop. Fernando stops in his tracks, saying “Here we are.” He pauses for a second before telling him softly for the others around them as not to hear, “If it throws you off, Coco is a man in women’s clothing.”

“Eh? One of those...?” Hondo asks, trying not to growl with disgust.

Fernando nods. He the points out, “We are not here for that, Coco has things most do not sell, so best to ignore that aspect.” He then points to the store windows that had seen better days.

Hondo looks around and sees an old looking store with various old mannequins wearing various intimate apparel. The stuff in the windows does little to excite him but if women like this sort of thing, he’s not complaining. Seeing Fernando walk to the door, Hondo follows. The place has an ‘Antique’ smell to it. Things on display were behind glass cases and wrapped in clear plastic or cellophane, while everything else was stacked up on boxes.

“Ah, I see you came back to my store!” Coco says as she walks to Fernando.

“My friend here is getting a few things for his girls. Treat him right. I’ll talk to your sales gal about a big order I got.” Fernando tells her as he points to Hondo before stepping away.

Coco walks up to Hondo as Fernando steps to the girl at the counter and starts talking to her about the various things he needs and willing to buy.

“What your girls need, Coco has, Coco sells, you buy.” Coco begins talking to Hondo.

Fernando’s order, though large was filled quickly and placed into 5 large paper bags with handles. Hondo was being flashed and shined with the various things Coco was bringing out and bragging how good the quality was. Hondo gets quick to the point as to what he exactly wants as in his mind Zoey does not need a Silk Geisha Robe with flowers, dragons and a battle scene from ancient Japan when a simple terry cloth one will do.

Eventually Hondo gets his items in a single large paper bag with handles, which he places on the pull cart with the jugs.

With the items paid for, the men walk out the store and start heading back for the parking lot. They walk a quite a distance from the store before Hondo says “That dang she-male tried to sell me things I didn’t need like a used car salesman! I swear, like Zoey needs a Dang Geisha Robe!!?”

“When I got Ichigo things she needed, she wanted a Kimono that was on sale. It was nice as Kimonos go, but I also got one for Macey so she would not get jealous, but Macey does not know she has one as I have it hidden in the Dub Box camper.” Fernando explains.

“So, you sayin' I need to go back an' git a Kimono for Zoey an' Tonya? Because as soon as they see Macey wearin' hers, they will want one too.” Hondo complains though half joking at the same time.

Fernando hands him over his bags, telling him, “Hold on to these. I’ll be right back.” With a flick of the crystal, Fernando disappears in a flash of light, making Hondo think where he could have went. Thirty seconds later he is back in a second flash of light. He takes his bags from Hondo and haves him a medium sized bag, “You need to be direct with Coco or you’d be there for the next three hours being shown and told to buy half her store.” Fernando then pauses, “Here are two Kimonos, Sky Blue with white Cherry Blossoms along the trim for Zoey and a bit larger for her to grow into, and Purple-Pink with blue and purple floral trim for Tonya. Don’t tell them it’s from me. It’s from you to them.”

Hondo opens the bag slightly, seeing them, “They look like those Geisha hoe robes that she-male tried to sell me.”

“True, but looks are deceiving. The Geisha robe is thin silk and with decorations on it for indoor wear. A Kimono is for outdoor wear and can protect wearer from near freezing temperatures. Also Geisha robes are for females only, Kimonos are unisex wear though for male Kimonos are usually dark greens, dark blues, browns and blacks, while female Kimonos are in any color they like and with or without a floral trim.”

“Heh... I ain’t gonna wear no sissy-robe if I can help it.” Hondo puts out as they continue their walk.

“I don’t know, Hondo. I think you’d look great in dark brown Kimono with a warrior’s sash and the three blades of the Samurai on your belt.” Fernando throws out.

“If I ain't got my guns, I ain’t wearin' it.” Hondo throws in.

“You sure? You sitting by a tiny table with Val crouched down on all fours begging for forgiveness while Tonya or Zoey being on the opposite side of the table to you giving you a proper tea ceremony like a proper lady of the house should to their lord and master? The Japanese has a few things right on about how their females ought to treat their men until Modern Americana messed up their traditions.” Fernando explains.

“Hmph... like Val is gonna crouch down on all fours an' beg for forgiveness.” Hondo says mostly to himself.

“The one thing this damn world is teaching me is that anything is possible, especially with those damn spirits rebooting the time line creating copies of us roaming about this earth.” Fernando says before pausing for a second. “Look, I may feel burnt out from Tammy burning me and trying to destroy my reputation but in all this, where is she now? Chances are she is dead, it would be very hard for her to be alive in this world even if the spirits dragged her into this time line, because she would look for and be with those like Biggus or Hector, and look where they are because of us. She might enjoy the power they have but once we get into town, everything she thought she had would be gone within 24 hours of us getting there. Because of her I find women revolting. If I want sex, I’ll take it without emotional attachment like I once did with those I cared for. I’m just going to #$@! them all like some famous male porn star in a porn movie. It is that the control I hold on myself is keeping me from taking it from those who are willing to give it like Minerva, her twin Miniya, some of the kids who lifted their skirts who showed me some pussy if I helped them with money or food, Teri, Li Li and La La, and even Naya.”

“What about Ichi-Koo an' I dare say Macey.” Hondo asks.

“Ichigo – yes I would. Macey, only if she keeps pushing it with me and I get tired of her antics just to teach her a lesson. But really, I can’t and won’t with her, because a father’s love of his little girl can only go but so far. I would kill for her but I would not die for her. Somewhere in there is the line I can never cross no matter the temptation she throws at me.” Fernando explains.

“An' don’t you ever forget that.” Hondo says in a stern voice.

“Just do me the favor and put a bullet through my head if I ever have sex with Macey.” Fernando tells him.

“You're damn right I will.” Hondo.

“Hondo... thanks.” Fernando replies.

“Eh?” Hondo replies back.

“It’s no secret we are both under a lot of stress, and we cannot let that stress build up. Talking about it helps. It may not be enough but it helps. So again, thanks for the help.” Fernando tells him.

“Yeah, whatever.” Hondo replies.

“And one more thing, Hondo.” Fernando throws in

“What’s that?” Hondo asks.

“I’ll do you the very same favor of putting a bullet through your head if I find out you are having sex with Zoey, Tonya or any other girl considered as your daughters under your care.” Fernando throws in.

“I’m expectin' it if it ever were to happen, so it goes without sayin'.” Hondo replies.

Their talk made the walk to the parking lot seen short for some reason. They continue onward to Fernando’s Dub Box so he can hide the robes and things there, and start filling the generator’s fuel tanks. Hondo organizes his things in the pull cart before heading off to his trailer behind his camper, next to Fernando’s Dub Box Camper trailer. His Baofeng radio kicks on at the Zoe&Mac channel as Zoey’s voice is heard saying “Papa and Uncle Fernando are back!”

“You still gotta find me! “ Macey says.

Fernando picks up his radio, “Macey, Zoey, report to Hondo and see if he has anything and then Macey if he has nothing come see me alone.”

“Awwww... But we were playing...” Macey says.

“You can play later. Right now see Uncle Hondo.” Fernando says.

Hondo replies, “You gotta make this difficult for everyone?”

“I’m sorry Uncle Hondo.” Macey replies.

“It was not meant for you, Macey but to your dad.” Hondo replies.

“Oh...”Macey replies.

Hondo throws in “Zoey, find Tonya an' bring her with you too.”

“I think she’s in the camper.” Zoey says.

“OK. You and Macey wait for me at my camper then. I have to put away some gas before gettin' there.” Hondo says.

“I’ll be there as well.” Fernando says as he quickly bags up Macey’s Kimono and a few robes into an empty bag he had.

Though it only takes Fernando a few seconds to get to Hondo’s trailer where he was putting away his fuel, the girls were taking much longer. Hondo looks at him, “What’s in the bag?”

“This is Macey’s Kimono I bought when I got Ichigo her Kimono and a few bath robes.” Fernando explains.

“I thought we were goin' to wait to the next town.” Hondo asks.

“This town has been such a shit hole and made us hard to those we love so before we leave of this place, let’s show them that we still love them though gifts cannot really replace true love. Hopefully they will feel better of themselves after we give them these things.” Fernando explains.

Hondo steps away from his trailer, with the bag with the girl’s Kimonos in it. They step into his camper a few seconds later. Fernando sits down at one of the easy chairs towards the rear of the camper. Seemingly out of nowhere, Meeshie jumps onto his lap and meows at him. He scritches her ear and the side of her face “Daddy misses you too, dear.”  

Meeshie pushes off his hand and goes under his arm to look over from the arm rest, meowing down at the bag with Macey’s Kimono in it.

“Yeah, that’s for Macey” he says as he tries to pick her up. But then as he picks up the cat, he hears a soft higher pitched “meow” coming from the bag. Fernando looks down into the bag and sees Kitty inside, reaches for it and pulls it out of the bag by the scruff of its neck. He brings the kitten to his face. “I hope you did not claw the material for that would make you a bad kitty.”

Meeshie puts her paws on his fore arms to bring his arm down with the kitten. She then taps his hand with her to make him let the kitten go before lightly pouncing on it lightly on a move called “Squish The Cat” which is used by vets to calm older cats during examination and mother cats to calm their kittens. Fernando looks at the two felines on his lap. “I know it’s a kitten so I know it does not know. But it will learn.”

Meeshie gives him a scowl before Fernando tells her, “I’m not going to hit or punish Kitty, but you must teach it what is right and what s wrong and what is expected of it.” Meeshie continues to give him a scowl until he slides his hand on her head and back of her head. She calms down at this point.

Fernando asks, “Where are the girls? They should have been here by now.”

“Yeah, they are takin’ longer than they need be.” Hondo replies. He pulls out his Baofeng Radio and calls, “Zoey, Macey, report right now!”

Hondo’s camper door opens with Zoey yelling “We Are Here, Papa!” She climbs into the camper with Macey behind her.

Before Hondo could say anything, Fernando interjects, “We’re not going to ask what took you so long to get here, but next time when we tell you to get somewhere, you are to get there immediately. No delays, no excuses.”

“Yes uncle”/”Yes father” Zoey and Macey say at the same time.

Fernando picks up the two cats from his lap and places them on the dining table before saying “Hondo?”

“Oh yes...” Hondo begins, “But first, you girls need to pay attention and do as you are told. Let me not remind you that there are dangerous people out there that would want to take you and do you harm.” He pauses for a second for that to settle within their heads before he continues “We got a couple of things for you. Which one should we start with?”

“Let’s begins with the Kimonos. First – Macey, come here.” Fernando says. As Macey steps up to him, he explains, “A Kimono is a special coat worn by men and women on special occasions in the lands of Japan on the other side of this word. It looks like a robe but it is a coat and is thick and very warm. Because it is used in ceremonies and special occasions, Kimonos for women and girls have a large wrap around belt that is tied into a bow in the back, so the girl needs a helper to put it on and tie the bow in the back. Kimonos for boys and men have a thin belt with no bow.” Fernando explains, before he asks Hondo, “Where’s Tonya?”

“I’ll check on her up stairs.” Hondo says as he goes to the ladder/steps to the upper part of his camper. He can be heard “Tonya, wake up. Now put somethin' on to be descent an' get downstairs.” He then goes downstairs with Tonya getting downstairs a couple minutes later. “Good we are all here.” He says.

“What’s going on?” Tonya asks as she rubs her sleepy eyes.

Fernando begins, “Before we leave this stupid place of a town Hondo and I are going to give you all a couple of things. One – like I explained before, a Kimono, which is a coat that looks like a robe. It is from a far-away place called Japan.” He then reaches into his bag pulls out the kimono inside, it was white with black, green plant stems, green leaves and red flowers (similar to the one he got for Ichigo days ago) and puts the folded coat on his forearm. He gets up. He then puts his hand on Macey’s shoulder and guides her to turn around. He then tells her “Put your arms out to put it on.”

Macey follows his instructions as he puts the kimono on her, as he tells the others as he demonstrates putting it on Macey, “Kimonos have no clips or buttons, the left flap goes on the inside and the right flap goes on the outside. Then the middle of the belt goes against the stomach and then the left part of the belt goes around first and then the right and the helper ties the belt with a big bow in the back.”

He then puts his hands on Macey’s shoulders and turns her around for the others to see.

“Wow...” Zoey says.

Fernando throws in “A scarf is missing to cover the upper front area. Hondo, give me Tonya’s while you put on Zoey’s.”  

“Here...” Hondo says as he hands one of the shopping bags to Fernando.

After taking the bag from Hondo, he gets Macey to sit down. He pulls out Tonya’s Purple-Pink Kimono with blue and purple floral trim. Like with Macey, Fernando tells Tonya what to do as he puts on the Kimono on her. Hondo does the same with Zoey’s Sky Blue Kimono with white Cherry Blossoms along the trim, though he folds up a bit of the material for her so it would be by her ankles and not dragging over her feet.

“Except for the scarves to cover the upper chest, you ladies look great.” Fernando says, adding, “On the coldest of days or nights, you can close up the top flap and put your arms together inside the sleeves.”

Tonya asks, “You got this for us?”

“No. I got that one for Macey and Hondo got the ones you two are wearing.” Fernando tells her.

“But why? Their so beautiful, and we’re so ugly...” Tonya says.

“First of all, they are for special occasions when the temperature is cold. Second Ugly is a thing you do, not how you look to yourself and to others. Hector is ugly, the Lawmen here are ugly, the merchants who tried to have you arrested on the first day are ugly. You are not ugly, not by action, not by appearance.” Fernando tells her. He then adds for all to hear, “Now that it fits, take them off so we can put them away in a safe place and try out the other things we have.”

Fernando starts with Tonya first, untying and unwrapping the bow and taking the kimono and folding them up before handing to Hondo to put away. Hondo helps Zoey to take off her kimono, and after folding it up, puts it away with Tonya’s kimono. Fernando quickly takes off Macey’s kimono, folds it up and puts it away in the bag. He then explains “Though for us, mostly you Macey, we use Hondo’s bathroom to shower up – thank you Hondo for that. But it we were in a situation where I have to set up and use my camper outdoor shower stalls, I realized that we do not have something to cover ourselves up when going to and from the outdoor shower stalls. Furthermore in case of fire or other emergency while we are sleeping and we need to leave the camper, I do not want us to leave in our sleep wear or lack thereof, so we can use the robes to cover ourselves up during the emergency.”

Both he and Hondo take the robes from the bags to hand to the girls with Fernando telling them “You girls need to take these to your belongings and have the ready at night in case of emergency. I’ll be giving out robes to the others while you play nice outside.”

Macey quickly asks, “But you said you have other things to give out...”

“I got some swim suits for you ladies but I’ll give those out when we get to the next town as I have to sort them out by size before giving them out” Fernando explains.

“Swim suits?” Zoey asks.

“A bathin’ suit, somethin’ you wear when you go out swimmin’ when we find a lake or river to splash around in so you would not be bare-assed in front of the others.” Hondo explains.

“I have a pink one.” Macey throws out.

“You’re going to get another one, maybe two, depending on how you look in them. We’ll talk about them when we get to the next town.” Fernando says. He throws in, “Unless you got questions or something to say, we are done for now but may be calling you again so play in the area of the parking lot where everyone can see you two after you put away the robes with your sleeping gear in the truck’s cab.”

“OK daddy!” Macey says.

As the girls run to the cab of the truck, Hondo asks, “You got something for the two bunny girls I have upstairs?

“I got them each a robe, and have a few things that could fit them. If you want them now you can come with me to the Dub Box and get them when the girls leave.” Fernando explains.

“What about me?” Tonya asks.

“What do you mean?” Fernando asks.

“My stuff is upstairs.” Tonya points out, adding “Macey and Zoey are sleeping down in the truck area?”

“Oh. I’m having everyone sleep in the vehicle because in case of an accident, those in the camper can be killed. But since this truck and camper are built as one piece, it would depend on what Hondo wants.” Fernando explains.

“Tonya, unless things changes, I would like you to be upstairs restin' and keepin' an eye on things. Maggie is restin' on the bed beside the bunny girls for now in case they wake up. For now, I want you to rest an' to call me if they wake up. Sounds like Molly is in the shower, but she'll be 'round too an' should be restin' as well. Her arm an' side are still sore, so I need you to drive first tonight an' let her co-pilot. If you get too tired, she can take over.” Hondo explains.

"What about those girls?" Tonya asked softly.

"Zoey an' Macey will be in the back seat, in case they need to get into the camper from the access for the bathroom or to get me anythin', an' I'll put the bunny girls into the middle bed, whether they have woken up or not, before we leave. Too dangerous for them back there. If they were to roll outta bed they could get hurt an' undo what the medicine I gave them is doin', an' they are too weak an' frail to handle that. So, don't worry 'bout them, just rest an' be ready for tonight. I have the rest covered. Alright?" He replied.

“OK... Papa...” Tonya answer a bit hesitantly.

She felt a bit nervous around Fernando still, a mix of anxiety from what he put her through to see Minerva's past reality with Hector as if it was her own, and a bit of guilt for how she had acted and treated Both Fernando and Minerva, as well as Hondo. She wanted to apologize to Fernando, but she was only half awake, nd being pulled into this at the spur of the moment made her shy away from it at the moment. She wanted to tell him how sorry she was and make sure he knew she meant it, but she needed  time to prepare herself and her mind to do it right, and now was not that time.  

Macey and Zoey run back into the camper, trying to squeeze by those in it so they can leave.

Fernando lets out “Macey! Stop where you are right now!”

Both Zoey and Macey stop by the door and both turn to Fernando.

“Yes, daddy?” Macey asks nervously.

“First off, this is Uncle Hondo’s Camper. Respect it, no running around or playing in it. Second, say ‘excuse me’ when you try to get around others and not to rush past them.” Fernando tells her.

“I’m... sorry, daddy.” Macey replies nervously.

“You’re not sorry for what you did, you’re sorry because you got caught. Now we’ll talk about it tomorrow when we get to the next town. You can play outside like I said but behave yourself. We will be calling you back.” Fernando tells her.

Hondo throws in, “That goes the same with you, Kitten.”

The girls say together “Yes daddy.../Yes Papa...”

Fernando signals to them to go leave. The girls quickly but quietly leave the camper.

Hondo turns to Tonya, “Rest an' keep an eye on our guests upstairs. I’ll be back with a few things for them. If they wake up or anything happens, call me on the radio.” He takes out his Baofeng radio and points to it.

Tonya nods in understanding before going back upstairs to check on the girls before returning to her nook.

Hondo turns to Fernando and give him a nod before they both steps out of the camper to go to Fernando’s Dub Box Camper.

(To Be Continued...)

{Edited for some consistence issues. Changes made to Tonya's orders to fit previously discussed plans. A few other spelling/typo errors fixed as well.}

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2024, 1:04pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2964 - Apr 14th, 2024, 4:31pm

It only takes a few seconds for Fernando and Hondo to get to Fernando’s Dub Box Camper. Fernando goes in to pop-up the roof to add some height so they did not have to hunch over while inside. Hondo steps in when the roof is popped up, while Fernando goes through the storage spaces under the benches under the rear window.

“Tell me their approximate sizes compare to those we know.” Fernando requests as he goes through a couple bags of spare clothing.

“Well, Scarlett is about the same size as Mae. Bella is about Ichigo’s size.” Hondo says.

Fernando turns face Hondo for a moment before asking, “What do they need? From the sound of it before it seems like they need everything.”

“Yeah, they do. I rescued them with practically nothin'. Scarlett had a topless corset, leg, wrist, neck irons, an' dirt on, an' Bella had nothin' but irons an' dirt on her.” Hondo replies.

“Hmmm... that bad.” Fernando starts making two piles, one for Scarlet and one for Bella. He manages to get four t-shirts for both of them, four cotton bikini-cut panties for Scarlet and five cotton panties for Bella assuming that those he found would fit Macey and Ichigo should fit Bella as well. Next he finds a pair of sweat pants and a red flannel shirt, and two pairs of sweat socks for each of them. He found a pair of jeans and a hooded sweat shirt pull over that might fit Bella, a denim knee high skirt and a hooded zippered sweat shirt for Scarlet. He picks out a set of Kung-Fu slippers, showing them to Hondo. “I noticed that Wessen’s feet tend to be smaller than human feet, so if these do not fit them, I think I have others that might fit them.” Fernando explains.

“Where did you get these?” Hondo asks.

“I got these from Mrs. Clean when we were in Center Town and the Den Mother needed clothing for her kids before General Jastrey got them all a clothing package. So these were originally for them but were given to me when they got the clothing package from General Jastrey. So I just store them here for anyone who needs them in an emergency and this is an emergency. I also have coats and jackets in the other bench they can get later when they are up and around.” Fernando explains.

“Naya got anything from this pile?” Hondo asks.

“Naya got a couple of things, but I have to buy her other things for her.”  Fernando explains, “Jeanette’s group got a few things as did the teens when they needed a little extra. Even Ichigo got a couple of things she needed from these piles. If Mrs. Clean was around, I might be able to get more things from her, as she recycles clothing from various sources, washes/dries the and has a tailor to fix them if needed. They make great work or hang out clothes, and the underwear is like new. I don’t know how she does it, she gives them out or sells them for very low cost; I got them for free in this case. I would not mind paying for someone in need.”

Hondo nods, in thinking, comments “Maybe we can find someone else in the future to get more spares. I doubt we will be seein' Mrs. Clean ever again.”  

“Yeah, she is a great resource. She’ll be hard to replace.” Fernando says. He then looks around and gets a large handled paper bag to put the clothes in. He then starts putting the clothes in the bag in two piles before handing it to Hondo. “I hope that helps.”

“This should be more to start them off. They have nothin’, so this is a lot better than nothin’.” Hondo explains before he turns to head out the door.

“Hondo.” Fernando calls to him. “Before you go, this is for just in case.”

“Hmmm?” Hondo turns to Fernando.

Fernando points to the bench closest to the door before reaching under the cushion, “There are two latches here.” The latches can be heard popping as he unlocks them, pulls and then lifts up the cushion and points inside, “This in for just in case.” He points out the guns, rifles, shot guns and ammo inside the bench including the .50cal BMG he got from Hector’s army. There were couple bows and a few quivers of arrows and a few Japanese Katana Samurai swords. He then puts the cushion down and pushes it to the wall until two loud “Clack!” could be heard.

Hondo nods but then asks. “Nice to know where they are but what’s to stop from any one from openin' it an' takin' what’s there?”

“This is the only bench with latches, which are hard to pull open and you have to pull it towards you before lifting it up. The other cushions you grab the bottom and lift up. He then reaches to the arm rest of the bench by the door and lifts its cover, revealing a CB Radio there with a switch panel and a circuit breaker box. He then lifts that panel and shows an empty area and points around. “Though I can put more stuff in here, down at that corner is a lock I can set to lock the latches, which I’ll do now. It’s just a lever by the corner, up is lock, down is unlocked.” He turns the lever up where a “Thud.” is heard. Fernando then puts down the radio and circuit breaker panel and then the cover. “It’s now locked.”

Hondo nods, and then points to a box between the opposite bench and kitchen counter area “What is that?”

“Oh... That’s my toilet. It’s compost toilet with a cartridge to slide in and out when it needs to be emptied. I emptied it when we left Center Town so it should be good ‘till our stay in the next town and I’ll empty it then.”  Fernando explains.

“I have a similar set up.” Hondo states, adding “I’ll empty it out in the next town as well.”

“Hope that works for them.” Fernando says as he points to the bag.

“This should get them started.” Hondo says as he hefts the bag up and down.

“Good.” Fernando says before pulling down the roof panel. He turns to Hondo, “I got a few things to finish here while you take care of those bunny girls. We’ll meet again soon to check on the others before we roll out of this place.”

Hondo nods “Sounds like a plan. See you later, and thanks. This will help them a lot.”

“Anytime.” Fernando says before he takes a fuel jug from under the cabinet in the sink. He takes it to the back of his electric camper to fill the generator’s tank.

Hondo goes back inside his camper to deal with the things he had to do.

(Small edit for congruency)

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2024, 1:55pm by Hondo I. Sackett »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297