Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 12th, 2024, 11:35pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
GSB IV: Sackett Lodge (Read 30 times)
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

GSB IV: Sackett Lodge
Sep 5th, 2023, 2:38pm

I apologize that these are hastily drawn and not to scale, but it should give a basic layout idea. In my posts there are descriptions of the area too, which might differ slightly from these drawings, but its the best I can do at the moment with the time I have.  

In front of the lodge is a large pond/ man made lake with mountain stream running into and out of it. There is a dock, a couple small row boats, and it has fish. A small building by the dock has fishing gear and life vests. There is a small grass landing strip that starts at the front of the shop and heads away from the lodge. The lodge is in a grassy valley, with woods about 100 to 300 yards out from it (varies in places. #00 yards in the front and 100 yards in the back, more to the one side due to the landing strip). There around mountains behind the lodge, and rolling hills to the front. The closes road access is heading back up the private road for a few miles to the main ranch house. There is another road 6 miles or more through the woods at the front left of the lodge, but is accessible by foot or ATV only. A pickup might make it but would need four wheel drive. Cars are too low to the ground and would get high centered or stuck before they got a mile off the road.  The road to the lodge is graveled as is the parking, though there are plans to pave at a later date. The lodge is fairly secluded and was meant to be a taste of the rugged American west, or rather the builders interpretation of that. But as such, it is setup with amenities that most Americans and Europeans are used to, and does not have the traditional Japanese furnishings or amenities that many places do, unless setup to host American/European visitors. The shop/Hanger is locked to all but ranch staff, Hondo, Valentine, and Fernando. It is equipped with tools, boasts a small machine shop, and houses a rebuilt Japanese Zero, with some modifications for modern flying (like Guidance and radio systems, and has had some changes done to eliminate some of the original design flaws.  

Images depict main floor layouts, though some maintenance facilities and part of the loading docks are missing.

Remember, this is what they depict as Rugged American West with modern American amenities. Think tall ceilings, exposed beams, stained wood, rough iron accents, tarnished copper and brass fixtures, animal heads, deer antlers and steer horns, replica lever guns and revolvers, whiskey bottles and shot glasses, player piano in bar, cow hide, leather, and log framed furniture, animal hide rugs, wall hangings, and furniture throws, metal plates, cups (besides the shot glasses and wine glasses), and mugs, heavy-duty hand-made cutlery, stone and brick fireplaces, wood post bed frames, hardwood floors (except in bathrooms and hot tub room), darker colors, and a little gaudy at times.  

Main Floor

Second Floor : Note: 8 small bedrooms, not 6. originally had 6 and forgot to edit note on change.

Basement Floor

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1