Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 13th, 2024, 9:17am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 32
GsB IV: Enemies of Space, Murderers of Time. (Read 22861 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

GsB IV: Enemies of Space, Murderers of Time.
Jan 5th, 2020, 12:13am

GsB IV begins a year and a half after GsB III ends. There has been many changes and yet many things have remained the same.

Though still with the SWA for Bink's medical and education in Italy, Tammy is no longer allowed in the field. She has become a mother and her first priority is to her child: Francesca.

Fernando and Hondo are still doing missions for their agency, they have since gotten married and tried to minimize the length of their missions based to be with their spouses.

This story in in mainly in Japan, there are various branches to other nations. It is a lot more convoluted that it may seem.

There are currently 25 chapters I wrote, and I give no apology to what I wrote. This series was abandoned a long time ago and I resurrected it as my own creation with help from a select few. Like it or not, I am posting it as is and I will complete it with those interested in joining in the RPG part after chapter 25.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: GsB IV: Enemies of Space, Murderers of Time.
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2020, 12:14am

Chapter Zero: Preclusion.
Over a year and half ago... (as seen in GsB III)

At the UN General Council Meeting Hall, a celebration of sorts was being given to those who help averted a war and stopped the wretched hand of Organized Crime trying to poison the communities of a sovereign nation. After the awards were given out, everyone gathers in the grand ballroom to mingle and eat. Of those who were there, four enter fashionably late after putting away their medals and rewards, and then gather a meal for them to eat in peace at a nearby table. Their meal would not be as peaceful as they would have hoped, as Misao came to the table with the Japanese Emperor in tow.

"Here they are: Dr. Aiesha G.- daughter of Fernando G., Hondo I. Sackett- who worked beside him during the case, and Tammy G.- formerly Tammy Squirrel. She married Fernando just after the case mission was over, shortly before his assassination. She was the one who discovered the LSD Terror plot." Misao says as she points them out.

"This is uncalled for!" Hondo whispers loudly to Misao.

"I am glad to meet you all." Japanese Emperor bows down to them.

"So are we." Aiesha replies.

"I was hoping to meet with you, in hopes to have you come to Japan and help out with our problem with the Yakusa unifying resources and forces with the Triads. You will be given unlimited resources and be greatly rewarded for success of your work." Japanese Emperor explains.

"We will have to think about that. Do not get us wrong, but we still are in mourning." Tammy says.

"I am deeply sorry for the intrusion then." Japanese Emperor replies.

"No, don't be. You did not know, and it's no insult to us. But, this is not a good time. I'm sure Misao can give you our contact information, and you can get back to us in about 60 days or so?" Tammy explains and asks.

"It would be my pleasure." Japanese Emperor answers.

"Arigato Emperor-wan." Tammy says.

"Domo Arigato, Tammy-san." Japanese Emperor replies.

The Japanese Emperor then bows and starts to walk away, leaving Misao behind with the others.

"What was the meaning of that?!!" Hondo exclaims.

"It’s exactly what he said. You help solve Italy's drug problem, in fact, that little stunt cleaned up the drug market for much of southern Europe. Why not do the same with Asia. Japan is a powerful ally to have on your side..." Misao replies.

"You're just pimping us out!" Hondo exclaims.

"You misunderstand. People with your abilities should use it to help save the world from its problems." Misao says.

"Don't you think we would like some time to rest?" Hondo asks.

"The both of you, Enough! Misao, don't be getting ideas into that pretty little head of yours. We want to be left alone for the undetermined time being. Nor do I care about Japan or any other nation and its problems they cannot solve themselves." Tammy answers.

"But you would be making the world a better place." Misao says.

"A better place for whom? It's no a secret that the Japanese Emperor descended from the original Atlantean refugee group you put on Earth 10,000 years ago. So what will it be- Atlanteans or Terrians." Aiesha explains.

"They have been Terrians for over 10,000 years." Misao says.

"And the fossil records show that we have been around for over 3.5 billion years. They are foreigners transplanted from another planet from another star system from another galaxy, nor do I care for them. Neither did Fernando. They are supposed to be on their home world planet running their society with their technologies as they see fit by now. Not be in competition and war with us for planetary resources which were ours by evolutionary rights!" Aiesha exclaims.

"Just because they are mice does not mean that they are loving and caring of you because you are a mouse. You are just a means to an end for them, it's that you have yet to see that." Tammy says.

"So is that it-mice versus squirrels?" Misao asks.

"Don't go there, miss. I'm a mouse." Hondo answers.

"Can I shoot her, Tammy?" Bink asks.

Misao looks at Bink who has both her hands under the table, with her gun out of its hidden holster and aimed at her leg. Misao tries to laugh it off, thinking that nothing will happen, although there is a 50 percent chance that whatever happens would go against her script.

"Bink- put that gun away!" Tammy exclaims.

"Awww." Bink says.

"Just do what I say, I don't want trouble in this place!" Tammy says more calmly.

"But the mean mouse lady looks like a threat." Bink says.

"She is nothing that I can't handle." Tammy replies.

"OK." Bink says.

Tammy turns to Misao once she sees Bink putting away her gun.

"Consider yourself lucky that Bink is willing to ask questions before pulling the trigger. Now Misao, for the second time, we wish to be left alone. There won't be a third time." Tammy says.

"Don't count on it. Many here want you to work for them in dealing with their problems. To them, you are a god-send." Misao says.

"Then send the Rescue Rangers to work for them. I'm sure that Chip would love to get rewards for leading the Rangers into action. You see where it got Fernando..." Tammy replies.

"This is all above the Rangers' abilities to do good." Misao says.

"Above their ability to do good? Why, because people need to be killed off? Is that it?" Tammy asks.

"I would advise you to turn that mouse tail of yours around and start walking away, Miss." Aiesha answers.

"We are not here for the rewards or for the fight, Misao. Now for the last time, stop being disrespectful and leave us in peace." Hondo says.

"Or be carried away in pieces." Bink adds.

They all look at Bink.

"You heard her Misao- leave or I'll sic Bink on you?" Tammy says, still looking at Bink.

"We will meet again. There is something going on here and I am going to find out what it is." Misao says.

They all look at her for the moment she stands there. Misao then turns around and walks away.

"What an arrogant bitch, I swear!" Hondo exclaims.

"I bet you would do her though." Aiesha says.

"I would not do her the favor if I was skunk-drunk and my life depended in it, I would rather die with the bottle in front of me." Hondo replies.

"Who would do her the favor?" Tammy asks.

"No body from this planet, that's for sure." Aiesha answers.

"Figures. I bet she has an Atlantean lover somewhere." Tammy says.

"I would not be surprised if she tried to hit on father." Aiesha says.

"She would not dare." Tammy says.

"Why not? She wants control over everything and everyone around her. And Fernando is the one thing that eludes her every time. I bet she creams her panties in just the frustration alone." Aiesha explains.

"A tight ass like that will only spit out diamonds if you shove coal into it." Hondo says.

"You have been looking at her ass? Ewww..." Tammy replies.

"It’s an expression- a tight ass, meaning someone who constantly has to squeeze down upon their control in order to keep it. Frankly, if I want to get on that ass of her, I hope I'm driving a Mac Truck, and hauling a double trailer load when I run her over." Hondo explains.

"And I thought you had had such feelings reserved for Rose." Tammy says.

"Let’s say that I'm an equal opportunity hater. Besides, I'm already over Rose. It’s unhealthy to hate so much against somebody who was a friend." Hondo says.

"But for Misao?" Aiesha asks.

"If I knew how to run this time doo-hickey of Fernando's, I would leave her stuck in the far out distant past with nothing more than the silk underwear on her ass and a pack of hungry lions around her." Hondo answers.

"Ha! That's father's test for intelligence!" Aiesha exclaims.

"And she would fail it." Hondo says.

"Who could pass it?" Tammy asks.

"Tammy- I'll let you in on a little secret…" Hondo whispers into Tammy's ear as to what the answer is.

"Oh… OH! That's it?!!" Tammy exclaims.

Both Aiesha and Hondo nod at her and then smile. Tammy begins to laugh. They then continue on with their meal in a more joyful mood.

-

One year and five months later – Present Time.

In another five years the USS Enterprise has been slated for retirement along with half of the ships in her fleet. Being almost 50 years old, the old gals of the fleet have served their purpose and country with the utmost dignity and diligence to responsibility. Many captains and admirals served on her, in charge of tens of thousands of crewmembers under their command. Today is another day like any other as the sun rises from the east where the horizon of the Pacific Ocean meets the Eastern Sky.

After meeting the USS Ronald Reagan and the USS Gerald Ford at Pearl Harbor, the three aircraft carriers lead the way across the Pacific to beautiful shores of Japan's Kanagawa Prefecture. It is a layover of a few days for the fleet's mission, a treaty signing for the unification of Korea. But for now they were a couple of thousand miles out at sea, a few hundred miles northwest from Bikini Atoll. The fleet travels at 25 knots, a lot slower than their top speed, trying to let a cyclone off the South China coast pass harmless in front of them, provided that it does not stall in its position and would cause them to delay.

Invited guess – the males of the core team of the Rescue Rangers stand at the stern of the ship, watching the waves roll past them.

"Water, water, everywhere but not a drop to drink." one of them says.

"Oh shut up Dale!" the other yells at him before bonking him on the head. "I Swear! Days Of Nothing But Churning Ocean Water! I'm Getting Sick Of This!!"

"'Ay Chip old buddy. Ewe should calm down. We'll be on dry land soon enough." a large mouse tells the second.

"That's what you said five days ago, Monty!" Chip yells out before walking away from the group, making his way to the coning tower and down the stairs to his room.

"Well, Weev tryin' to avoid a storm up ahead..." Monty says after Chip had left.

"Don't worry about it. Monty. Chip does not like being in one place for too long." Dale explains.

"But weev bin out at sea for only 15 days." Monty returns.

"Chip does not understand the amenities of being on a ship like this. Free food in the galley, lovely views of the Open Ocean, free movies, free food in the galley..." Dale explains.

"Then let’s go to the galley..." Monty says as he turns around and heads to the coning tower, taking the steps to the galley below.

On the USS Ronald Reagan, a small group of females sit by the Coning Tower of the ship in folding-chairs set by the crew for them. One of them was holding a wrapped package in her arms.

"I don't know why we have to be separated from the men?" The blonde mouse asks from her seat.

"I don't know what you are complaining about, Gadget. Besides, the last time you were on the Enterprise, you were trying to steal some of the aircraft pieces." a red headed chipmunk tells her.

"I was not stealing aircraft parts, Jeanette!" Gadget holds back from yelling, almost getting up out of her chair, "I was checking them out and see if I can ask to take some home for my airplane."

"You two mind toning it down, you're going to wake the baby!" the one in between them says without getting too loud.

"Oh right..." Gadget says, "How is little Francesca doing, Tammy?"

"She's doing fine, considering..." Tammy says though sounding defeated.

"Yeah, considering that her father would not take her during this time or be with us on this important mission. You should not be here, especially with the baby." Jeanette complains.

"You know he's on call on another mission and you guys voted him off this one before he could accept it." Tammy defends her husband.

"So where is he now, in 'Never Never Land' with a certain fairy?" Jeanette taunts her.

"He's with Hondo on some anti-drug cartel mission in South America, but I'm sure he would love being at home alone- with you." Tammy throws back at her.

"We never coupled up for him to be alone with me. But he has with you and the proof is right in your arms." Jeanette tells her.

"I'm married to him first of all, and he can be with me all he wants as long as he does it out of love and we have more pups to share that love with." Tammy explains, "You make it sound like it's a bad thing. Have you ever had a boy friend?"

"What I do in my private life is my business." Jeanette tells her.

"I'm sure it is. But that is not why we are here, are we?" Tammy taunts her.

"No it is not." Gadget throws in.

"Remember that. And if you don't mind, reach into that bag and take out one of the tiny bottles. It’s time for Francesca's snack, Apple Juice would be good for her." Tammy says to Jeanette, reaching out an arm to receive a small baby bottle in the baby bag by the shade of the Coning Tower, closest to Jeanette.

- - - - - - - -
Notes:
Yakusa and Yaccusa can be and are used interchangeably. Pronounced "Ya' Koo Sah" it is the Organized Crime Family Syndicates of Japan.

The Triads originating from China is one of the world's largest crime syndicate, as old as the Chinese civilization has been around. Their competition includes: The Tungs, The Flying Dragons and The Red Shadows. They have worked with the Triads before, and have also fought against them.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2020, 12:49am

Chapter One: History Rewind
Fifteen days before Present Time:

At Ranger HQ, Chip was alone in the main room as the others are out except for Gadget who was in the hanger working on some designs she had drawn the other day. Jeanette enters the door with Misao behind her. He turns to face them as they enter the domain.

"Chip, we got to talk." Misao calls to him.

"About?" Chip asks as he heads to a set of chairs and table. He signals to them to sit down.

"Almost two years ago, during the celebration at the UN, the Japanese Emperor went to Fernando's little crew and asked for help." Misao tells him, taking out a pocket tape recorder from her purse and putting it on the table. She presses a button, playing back a recorded message.

"Here they are…" Misao's voice points them out from the tiny tape recorder, "Dr. Aiesha G.- daughter of Fernando G., Hondo I. Sackett- who worked beside him during the case, and Tammy G.- formerly Tammy Squirrel. She married Fernando just after the case mission was over, shortly before his assassination. She was the one who discovered the LSD Terror plot."

"This is uncalled for!" Hondo can be heard whispering to Misao.

"I am glad to meet you all." the Japanese Emperor is heard on the tape.

"So are we." Dr. Aiesha G. replies.

"I was hoping to meet with you, in hopes to have you come to Japan and help out with our problem with the Yakusa unifying resources and forces with the Triads. You will be given unlimited resources and be greatly rewarded for success of your work." the Japanese Emperor explains his request.

"We will have to think about that. Do not get us wrong, but we still are in mourning." Tammy responds to his request.

"I am deeply sorry for the intrusion then." the Japanese Emperor replies.

"No, don't be. You did not know, and it's no insult to us. But, this is not a good time. I'm sure Misao can give you our contact information, and you can get back to us in about sixty days or so?" Tammy offers.

"It would be my pleasure." the Japanese Emperor accepts her offer.

"Arigato, Emperor-wan." Tammy gives her thanks to him.

"Domo Arigato, Tammy-san." the Japanese Emperor returns the thanks.

Misao reaches over to the tape recorder and presses the stop button to end its playback.

"Sixty days was five hundred and seventy-seven days ago." Misao explains.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Chip asks.

"The Japanese Emperor is waiting desperately for some help. Since Fernando finally showed himself, I think he's too much of a coward to do anything on this case." Misao explains.

"Well, we all know that chicken shit squirrel is too in on himself to care about anyone else but himself. Why else would he leave Tammy alone with the baby." Chip begins, "I know personally that he is out there in hiding so that no one can find him. Now, about this case, can you guarantee the same offer of unlimited resources and great rewards? It's not for me, you know. It's for everyone that I involve. You know, to give them some recognition. What Fernando did at the UN Party in his honor, he has to pay for."

"Don't worry about that, Fernando did us all wrong. He will pay for that. How dare he pretend to be dead and not tell any one of us." Misao tells him.

"Now explain to me, who are the Triads, and Yaccusa?" Chip asks.

"Oh, they are just small time gangs trying to make a name for themselves. In one month, the President will be arriving to Japan by Naval fleet to witness and sign peace treaties for the unification of Korea and then peace trade treaties between Japan and Korea. Many in the Asian community do not want these treaties to be signed; many more do not want a unified Korea. I'm sure that the Brotherhood of Calculus has a hand in this." Misao explains.

"So it's simple, keep the gangs away in order to allow the treaties to be signed." Chip replies.

"Something like that." Misao replies.

"And Fernando refuses to have his team from doing this simple job? What a coward." Chip almost says to himself.

"You and your team only have a day to get together. I'll get the plane tickets for you all to get to Pearl Harbor Hawaii and clearance to get on fleet to go to Japan on." Misao tells him, "I'll be here in the morning to give you those things."

"I'll get the Team together. Jeanette, you're welcomed to come." Chip says to them.

"I'll go but it depends on who's going." Jeanette replies.

"The Core Group, Foxglove if she wants, Tammy has to be there, anyone else who is interested. The more the merrier." Chip explains.

"I see. I'll decide when Misao arrives here in the morning." Jeanette tells him, "But about Tammy..."

"What about her?" Chip asks.

"Her baby." Jeanette answers, "If she comes with us, her role in this mission would have to be a minimal one."

"She is to be an intermediary to the Japanese Emperor since he knows her from the meeting. From there we get what we want to get the mission done and the rewards thereof. This should only take a couple of days to complete, a week at most when we get there." Chip explains.

"You really think so?" Jeanette asks.

"All we need to do it expose those in the highest level of government. You girls can do the Intel gathering while we men do the arrests. From there we hand them over to their authorities and those under them will be rounded up. Case over. And Fernando and his little motley crew will not be around there to horde the rewards." Chip answers her.

"Good to see that hard work ethics and mentality. I will see everyone in the morning." Misao says as she slowly gets up and leaves for the door. Jeanette stays behind, if for only a moment after Misao is gone.

"I could not say it in front of my friend, but I need to think about your work ethics, Chip." Jeanette says.

"Explain yourself." Chip tells her.

"Though I never agreed with all of his methods, Fernando has never done a job for a reward. If a reward was given, there is a chance that he would or would not accept it but he never did a job for one. You, Chip, I don't know what it is, but there is something different. Something different and wrong." Jeanette tells him.

"When you put yourself in front of death to save someone you love along with the rest of the world, when only the one you love gives you something of a reward when nobody else won't, you need to reevaluate why you do things and then start demanding for what is owed to you." Chip tells her, "Rescuing kittens stuck in trees or finding a lost baby bottle on a beach will not pay the bills. Having Fat Cat arrested for crimes he committed and getting nothing for the job does not put food on the table. Things need to change, Jeanette. Things need to change."

"But not like this. You want to negotiate the reward of a rescue's value, that's on you. Don't expect me to charge on rescues I do. I volunteer here, as do my friends. You should be paying us for services rendered and supplies used and we replaced out of pocket. But I do not expect to be paid as a volunteer, I do rescue because it needs to be done and the payment I want is the thanks from those I rescue give me, because Chip... a life is a price never to be paid for any situation." Jeanette tells him, "Fernando rescued your wife and Tamara in their run-away Time Travel mission gone bad, and rescued Gadget again when she tried to over ride a rescue mission and wound up nearly getting killed. Want her to visit him and give him a reward every night? Because according to you, she would have too because every day she is alive is a day she would not have otherwise if it was not for him- twice."

"If that squirrel has touched my wife, I'll..." Chip started to say.

"You'll what? It would not be Fernando that is touching her, but Gadget touching him, and you cannot fault him for that." Jeanette interrupts and tells him.

"Then he is to no longer rescue Gadget if something happens to her. I'm the one who rescues my wife." Chip tells her.

"Alright then, your logic is impeccable as always." Jeanette tries to convince him of the lie. She then follows with, "I have to get going."

"You will be here tomorrow morning?" Chip asks.

"I'll think about it." Jeanette answers.

"I can make it worth your while." Chip let the words slide in.

"I said I'll think about it." Jeanette tells him more sternly as she got up and starts walking out of the house.

Half a day later...

Not far away in another tree house, a clenched fist knocks on its door. It waits for a response. Within ten seconds, the locks on the doors can be heard being undone, followed by the door slowly opening. Halfway being opened Tammy can be seen carrying a wrapped bundle in her arms, a baby bottle sticking out from it with two tiny hands holding onto it.

"Come in. How can I help you, Jeanette?" Tammy says and then asks.

Together they walk down the hall to the living room, where they sit down. Tammy inspects the baby bottle for a second.

"That's not baby formula you're feeding her, is it?" Jeanette asks.

"No. It's my own milk. I use a breast pump to make more than enough for her when I can't breast feed her directly." Tammy explains. "But that's why we are not here. What's up?"

"So where is the extra breast milk?" Jeanette asks.

"Where else, in the refrigerator. Now what's going on? I'm sure you're not here to take notes on baby feeding." Tammy almost tells her.

"No. I'm not." Jeanette begins and then pauses for a moment. "I know this is of short notice, but Chip just accepted a mission for tomorrow morning. It will take a while to do and in Japan. He wants you there to participate."

"What is this mission about? How long is it going to take? You know I can't leave my baby behind." Tammy tells her.

"I told him all that. He still wants you to go. He believes that you can be an intermediary to the Japanese Emperor which will keep you safe and out of the action." Jeanette explains.

"What about Bink?" Tammy asks.

"Isn't she with Fernando?" Jeanette asks.

"That is what we want everyone to think. But she is actually in Italy to finish up her studies there and get her high school diploma through the SWA in the next couple of months. She is then supposed to return home here." Tammy explains, adding, "This information does not leave your lips. Ever."

"I won't say a word. But why Italy and not here in the states?" Jeanette asks.

"Why not? She has her medical care for her cybernetics there for one; she is learning four different languages on top of advanced mathematics and science there. I talk to her everyday to see how she is doing and confer with Marco and Ferro to verify everything. That kind of education and care is not offered here." Tammy explains, adding, "But if I accept this mission, I have the right to get up and leave without notice and reason. My family comes first." She then checks on the bottle again, finding it almost empty.

"I don't know if he would accept those terms." Jeanette started to say.

"Those are the terms or I'm not going. He's not paying for my baby's supplies, feeding her, changing her diapers or rocking her to sleep. I need a lot to keep her comfortable and happy each day." Tammy explains before putting a small towel on her shoulder. She then takes away the empty baby bottle from the baby and puts her on her shoulder, lightly tapping on her back until she burps loudly. Tammy then hefts the infant in front of her, "Ooo... that was a big one..." she then snuggles up to her before getting up and putting her in a bassinet near the sofa, loosening up on her blanket wrapping. "Now you be a good little girl while mommy takes care of a few things..."

The baby inside kicks her legs and sway her arms as she lets out a baby pitched, "Ahhh..." Tammy gives her one more check before separating herself from her child.  

"Chip and the Rescue Rangers can go to hell if he does not accept my needs. How many days is this mission going to take? A week? Two weeks? If it's more than a few days then it is more than just a minor inconvenience for me. It's a lot of diapers and baby bottles for little Francesca." Tammy tells her.

"A few weeks, maybe more than a month as I can figure from what was said. We will be taking a plane to Pearl Harbor and then the Navy will take us to Japan." Jeanette begins to tell her but is interrupted.

"More than a month, thirty plus days, six to eight bottles of mother's milk a day, just as many diapers, 1AM feedings – a day, for a month or more. Care to do the math on how much this would inconvenience me? And how will Francesca take it? She's just a three-month-old infant! What about Bink, and Fernando – retuning to an empty home? I dare say if Chip says no to one iota to fulfill my needs and my baby's needs, and then I am not going. The Rangers can go to hell when it comes to my baby and me because she is first in all things in my life, Jeanette. Maybe one day you will understand, but now you can't because you are not a mother." Tammy tells her.

"If you go, I'll be there to help you with the baby. Bink can take a plane to Japan when she graduates, as can Fernando when he finishes his mission." Jeanette tries to convince her.

"I have to be at Bink's Graduation in a few weeks. Japan mission or not, I'll be in Italy for that graduation." Tammy tells her.

"I don't know if Chip would accept that." Jeanette replies.

"The Hell with Chip. I'm a mother and an older sister taking care of children under my care. My husband is not here to support me because his government law enforcement job dragged him out of this house kicking and screaming to get a mission done that they could not do themselves. I'm all alone right now being Super Woman to keep my family together and no Rinky Dink Make Believe Rescue Service Organization is going to tell me what to do." Tammy tells her, "Chip wants me to be there, he better be able to do for me everything I need to take care of my family during this time. Diapers alone are going to be a cost he is not going to like."

"Pampers or Huggies?" Jeanette asks.

"Cloth diapers with a plastic panty. That requires a lot of laundry to do every day with special detergents to keep them soft, bacteria free and washed out so she won't get a skin reaction from it. Then there are the medical baby lotions and baby powders just to keep her bottom comfortable." Tammy explains.

"I can help you get that done." Jeanette offers.

"She can't ride on a plane. She's too young, and the cabin air pressure difference will injure her." Tammy tells her.

"I'll see what I can do. Maybe if we fly in a low altitude in a high pressure cabin?" Jeanette explains.

"Babies under the age of one year cannot ride elevators in sky scrapers like to the observation deck of the Empire State Building because the pressure change is too great for them and can rupture their little eardrums. If we have to take a plane, it has to have a constant sea level air pressure of an average of 14 pounds per square inch and must climb and descend no more than 1000 ft per minute while flying less than 20000ft while maintaining that pressure. Anything else will rupture Francesca's eardrums, and if that happens, there will be no Rescue Rangers because I will kill everybody if anything happens to my child. Got that!" Tammy tells her sternly.

"I think you're over exaggerating the situation." Jeanette replies.

"When it comes to my child, I do not exaggerate. But I do not expect you to understand because you are not a mother. None of the Rescue Ranger women are. But I am, and things are different for me. My child, my baby is my main concern because she is too young to do things for herself and take care of herself. She cannot walk, she cannot talk, she cannot feed herself, she cannot go to the bathroom voluntarily on her own, I have to do those things for her in her care and make sure that she does grow up in her own time. And I do all this for her because I want to, because I do it out of love for her as my child. If you, Chip or any of the Rescue Rangers starts to make demands on me against my child and family, I'm going to walk away. If you, Chip or any of the Rescue Rangers try to force me to take actions on a mission I do not want to do that takes me away from my baby, remember that I am legally armed and will use such in defense of myself and my family." Tammy tells her.

"Then this is a 'No. '" Jeanette says almost to herself, "Alright. I'll tell Chip that you are not interested."

"I did not say that. I said that if I go, there are certain conditions I will adhere too, and not because for me but for my child I recently gave birth too. Then if he says no to any of the conditions I am stating, and then I'm not going." Tammy clarifies.

"I see." Jeanette says.

"He wants me, everything has to be paid for, including round trip airfare to Italy in the conditions I stated for Francesca's travel for Bink's Graduation." Tammy throws in.

"Anything else?" Jeanette asks.

"I don't think Chip is capable of doing this, so I doubt I will be going." Tammy answers.

"At least let me try." Jeanette replies, adding, "I'll get back to you this evening with an answer."

"You can try. Whether you succeed is another story that remains to be seen." Tammy tells her.

Jeanette nods before getting up. "I'll let myself out." she says.

"Come back around 7PM. I'll be taking out Francesca for some shopping and a day in the museums." Tammy tells her.

Jeanette nods before leaving the living room area. In a few seconds the main exit door of the house is heard closing. Tammy checks up on the baby, finding her sleeping.

"I don't know how you do it, but sleep well." Tammy says softly.

She then goes to the kitchen and prepares herself a small meal of semi prepared pasta salad with tiny cuts of assorted vegetables and shredded nuts. She adds some strips of meat and grated cheese. A drizzle of olive oil is added as a final topping to the mix. A fork dives into the bowl as she takes her meal to the sofa to sit down on. It takes her just a couple of minutes to eat her meal. Putting the empty bowl on the nearby table before laying down her side on the sofa, looking over the bassinet to check the baby who was still sleeping. Though Tammy turns on the TV, she ends up going to sleep in a couple of minutes. The stress of motherhood though welcomed can be daunting.

The meeting with Chip was noticeably short. Before Jeanette could make him aware of the demands Tammy made, he was agreeing with them and making claims that all would be done under his orders to satisfy her needs. She finds it bothersome when he said, "Everything will be done to make sure she goes on this mission for she is the one the Japanese Emperor wants to talk to, not us. But she will be making our demands to make this a successful mission."

"I'm sure that you do not understand the extent of what she requires." Jeanette warned him in the meeting.

"Whatever it is, make it so. And I don't care what it is." Chip tried to enforce his authority.

Thus Jeanette leaves the meeting with a bad feeling about it.

Several hours later...

After a long day of thinking, Jeanette looks at her watch, finding it at near the time of the meeting with Tammy. She cleans up the area of her table at the café, closing up her laptop and notebooks, putting them into a handmade bag made to long ago of Denim, Kevlar and Vinyl Leather. She gets up and leaves the café, leaving her usual 20 percent tip on the table under the half empty mug of root beer.

The walk to Tammy's new home under Fernando was uneventful, as she would have preferred it. But sometimes people wanting answers seem to fall from the skies and land in front of her. Question is what were the questions Jeanette had for those answers to form and fall? There was something about the mission that eludes her and she can't figure out why. Either way she thinks that she can solve it later, walking to the home a little family calls their own.

The door opens immediately after she knocks on it. Tammy signals her to enter quietly, which she does. Together they walk down the hall, keeping quiet as they enter the living room. Tammy sits on the far end of the sofa where the bassinet was with little Francesca sleeping inside. The table in the middle of the room was pulled closer to the sofa with a large screen Macintosh laptop on it. A Skype Video conversation was going on though Jeanette could not see what was on the screen as it was turned towards the bassinet.

"I'm back." Tammy says to the computer.

"Good. Put her on." an all too familiar voice says from the laptop speakers. Tammy turns the large laptop around to Jeanette, and she recognizes Fernando on the screen.

"Isn't this primitive by your standards?" Jeanette asks.

"It gets the job done." Fernando tells her, adding, "Let's keep the excitement to a minimum, I don't want you to wake up my little girl."

"I can assure you that is not going to happen on my end. But I have to ask, why do you want to talk to me?" Jeanette says and asks.

"You are going to involve my family in a dangerous mission involving the Triads and the Yakusa, a mission that I denied for good reason. And you bring it back?" Fernando tells her.

"There is a reason..." Jeanette starts to tell him.

"I don't care about the Atlanteans, or the treaties unifying Korea or peace and trade negotiations with them and Japan. So allow me to fill in some details." Fernando interrupts her. "There are over 7.5 Billion Orientals, with that many intelligent and sapient individuals in Asia and of that less than five percent are Atlanteans in Japan. But that's nothing compared to the numbers of Triads in the rest of Asia, which is more than 15 to 30 percent depending on where you go. That's one in every three to six people, many in law enforcement, politics, government, education, sanitation, you name it, Triads are there oiling the machine of corruption from the loneliest dog catcher, mail delivery person, and food inspector to highest members in Parliament and Generals in the military since Confucius was alive! The same with the Yakusa, though Japanese, may or may not be Atlanteans, but their corruption runs deep in the Japanese congress and the royal court. So what do they want, remove corruption that is there? I'm not allowing my family to get involved with this mission because it will end in death. So what do they want, who, where and when?" he tells her.

"So you know the extent of what needs to be done? Why are you not here?" Jeanette demands.

"It is easier to find Josef Mengele and destroy the Nazi rebirth in South America and destroy the pot and cocaine fields that's driving their cause with the monies it generates than it is to deal with the shit you're about to dive into." Fernando tells her.

"Isn't Josef Mengele dead? As is any and all of the Nazis in South America? It's been over 70 years since World War II!" Jeanette states the obvious.

"You need to rethink. In fact you should try to reenter my good graces so I can reboot that grey matter in your head! Josef Mengele managed to clone Adolf Hitler, or you did not see the movie 'The Boys from Brazil?'" Fernando explains.

"'The Boys from Brazil' was a movie." Jeanette tells him.

"Believe that all you want. But the secret base we encountered and destroyed shows there are not just one Hitler clone, but several. As was Josef himself, there is at least three; all complete with his medical knowledge and experience with a mind transfer device he created himself. If the guy was not downright evil, I would call him a genius." Fernando tells her, "This has to end before we all end up speaking German in five years. And you think this Triad and Yakusa problem is a problem? Think about it for a minute. 'The Boys from Brazil' is a science fiction movie based on fact. Hitler and Nazi are reborn. Books published swaying the minds of the idiot masses. Elections rigged to promote a power play of evil and people put into power who should never be. Governments will be taken over and handed over to them as gifts for the grand master of evil. Italy will join because some think they can regain the Roman Empire. Then Japan enters this little circle, The Atlanteans found out, Genetic Cleansing being the cause of the day, and with today's technology in genetics, all it takes is to make a poison or virus that acts only on Atlantean genes, killing them and leaving us Terrians alive. As much as that may sound like a solution to some, I am not evil enough to allow it to happen. So I am here to stop it. Now tell that to Misao and let her choke on that." Fernando tells her as he points out to various items of a pristine laboratory before holding up a sealed glass vial of yellow liquid between his thumb and index fingers.

Jeanette can only stay there looking at the screen with her jaw dropped.

"Tammy?" Fernando calls to her.

"Yes dear?" Tammy returns to the screen. She sees him typing something on the keyboard. A plain looking Katana (Samurai blade) with a gold foil flower on its Saya (Scabbard) and Kashira (Pommel) materializes on the table behind the laptop and she takes it.

"Years ago I saved the Crown Prince's child from a kidnapping and he gave me that sword as part of a reward. It is from the House of the Chrysanthemum and is over 1700 years old. Beware, it is very sharp, and can slice a cyborg's head off its neck as its metal is based on generations of ancient study. The Crown Prince is now the Emperor. Show him that sword; lay it flat in the Saya on your open palms and bow when you hand it to him. He will give you protection within his power once you tell him who you are to me." Fernando tells her.

"Will do my love." Tammy tells her.

"Take care and do your best." he tells her.

"You too." Tammy replies.

"Give the girls my love." he says. Before she could reply the screen closes as the connection is closed on his end.

Tammy closes the Macintosh PowerBook Laptop, putting it into sleep mode. She then nudges Jeanette to get her out of Shock Mode.

"That's not possible." Jeanette says to herself.

"What are you talking about?" Tammy asks.

"What he said, all of it." Jeanette answers.

"As for Genetic Poisons, how you think most cancer drugs work that target cancer cells? Expand that to a larger gene-target and you could take out whole populations. Considering that Atlanteans differ genetically that it can be measured compared to us Earth Born species, such a poison would be easy to make that will kill every Atlantean in Japan and anyone with the Atlantean gene. As for Hitler coming back, Dolly the sheep as cloned over 30 years ago, so there is that possibility. There certain members in Italy's Parliament have been looking for an excuse to bring the rebirth of the Roman Empire who claims to have Caesar's DNA material to try to clone him. Then there is a small area in Rome where the people inside claim to be the descendents of Caesar. Give anyone an excuse and some technology, all hell can break loose and your little tail will not be worth much to anyone anymore." Tammy explains.

"Tammy, how can you say that?!!" Jeanette holds back from yelling at her.

"Because it's true. Back when we went to save Bink in the first mission, I was captured and about to be sold like commodity to somebody who put a reward on us, and who knows what would have happened to me. On the second mission, I was almost killed for the same reason and later on placed on sale to get drugs for a bust. Believe me, in seeing the evils in this world, I can tell you that you and I are not worth the money in our pockets if they want us dead and we would be lucky if we end up as somebody's sex slaves in the slave trade industry. They would not care about your political connections, or that you own a time machine. But in seeing that you have breasts an ass and a vagina, for your own survival, you better hope somebody gets a liking to you and your goods because that is what is going to be like when hell breaks loose on this planet." Tammy almost preaches to her.

"That is not going to happen." Jeanette tells her.

"That is not going to happen because people like us are not going to allow it to happen." Tammy throws back at her then asks, "Now, what did Chip say about the mission?"

"He said that whatever you need, it will be given." Jeanette answers.

"Both you and I know better. But I'm going to hold you up to that promise." Tammy tells her.

"Why me?" Jeanette asks.

"Somebody has to be held responsible for his idiotic mistakes. Besides, this insures my place in the mission. Are you going to be at my side or at somebody else's? I am going to need somebody to trust and help me when I need it. Remember, I'm not going as me, but as me- mother with a newborn daughter. I would appreciate it if somebody would be there with me." Tammy explains.

"And if I decide not to go myself?" Jeanette asks.

"You'll be there with me, even if I have to get Monty to carry you bound and gagged to where it is we got to go." Tammy tells her.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2020, 4:13pm

Note: One overlooked resource to the GsB Series is the GsBWiki which I created to keep things in order. In it are many clues as to where GsB IV is headed and what connections there are to the others in the series.

There are many tiny errors in the wiki and they are being corrected as they are found. One such error is in the Adolf Hitler II entry that has him as heterosexual that prefers males. (LOL!) Other mistakes include spelling and grammatical errors.

The GsBWiki can be found here:
http://www.hondosackett.com/yabb/GsBWiki/

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2020, 12:24am

Chapter Two: Historical Mission Start
Early the Next Day:

Except for a 2AM feeding and diaper change, Tammy and her little daughter had a good night's rest though everyone else remains to be seen as six-in-the-morning arrives. Tammy wakes up and gives herself a quick shower and puts on a fresh set of clothes. The early evening before was spent packing for both her and her baby girl, so she was already ready to go. All that was needed to do was to eat and get ready to go. In a half hour she was at the café in a booth by herself with a rolling baby carriage beside her. She orders a light meal as she takes a bottle out for the little girl in the carriage.

Even after she finishes her meal, the café seemed relatively empty, even at 7o'clock when the breakfast crowd should be coming in. The only thing left to do was to go to Ranger HQ, which in and of itself was not a problem. But with Gadget gawking at her child makes her uncomfortable at times, she has to be both a politico and a football full back.

She looks about the carriage and the items attached to it. The padded baby bag's handle is wrapped around the carriage's handle and holding in place with easy access to the baby's things. The samurai blade is hidden on the inside of carriage in a hidden section. A backpack for Tammy and her things, and a final smaller bag with assorted things like a travel breast pump and other personal items is fitted on a rack between the wheels of the carriage, and a hip pack on her side containing her fire arm and spare loaded magazines, along with quick access to important papers and identification. Airport security or not, the TSA has already been warned of her arrival and to allow her to board what plane is set for their journey without the security screening, her documentation allows her to enter the boarding area and airplane armed.

Once checked and ready, she gets up out of her seat and leaves the café, leaving a hefty tip behind. She gets to Ranger HQ in a couple of minutes, finding the place dark. As she walks to the door, a black Mazda Miata pulls up from the road near the place. A white furred brunette mouse with glasses steps out of the automobile, looking at the place and then at Tammy as she walks on the path that leads to its doorway.  

"Tammy!" the white mouse takes a couple of steps towards Tammy with her arms extended out as to hug her.

"Don't get any closer than that, Misao." Tammy warns her, making her stop in her tracks.

"No friendly hug?" Misao asks.

"Not even a handshake." Tammy tells her.

"Alright then. I see Fernando's attitude has rubbed off on you." Misao complains to herself, and then does a complete turnaround, trying to take a couple of steps to the baby carriage, "Is that the baby?"

"It is, and you are to stay away from her at all times." Tammy warns.

"But why? Aren't we friends?" Misao asks.

"First of, you never was my friend, just an acquaintance. Second, this is a mission; I'm on mission mode. It's business only between you, and I; and whoever is involved. That means you are not to get near my daughter. If you get closer to us than necessary, you will only get one warning to leave the immediate area, the next warning will be followed by gun fire." Tammy explains as she closes the hood of the carriage three-quarters of the way.

"Gun fire? Are you armed?" Misao asks.

"Locked and loaded 24 – 7." Tammy answers.

"But this won't do. You can't get into the airport if you're armed." Misao tries to explain.

"I have enough government clearances to walk in looking like Pancho Vila wrapped in belts of bullets with revolvers in each hand and shooting up the place in a Cinco de Mayo celebration. What you should worry about is what Gadget and the others are going to try to sneak in and get caught with. They can spend the mission behind bars as far as I care." Tammy tells her as she holds up a wallet open for a second with an identification card and shield inside. She puts it immediately away.

"You can't be saying that, they are an important part of the mission." Misao begins to say.

"Then you deal with them and you're responsible if they get caught bringing anything considered as a weapon on a plane." Tammy tells her. She then pulls out a cellphone and scrolls down the list. She stops at an entry, and presses the ‘SEND' button. Somebody answers the phone after a couple of seconds she puts her cellphone to her ear.

"Hello, We are downstairs waiting. Five minutes? You got two." Tammy tells who it was that answers, and then closes the phone to hang up on the call.

"Whoever that was, you could have handled it in a more cordial manner." Misao tells her.

"Francesca's morning feeding is a few minutes. I am not going to pull out my breast for her to feed on out here for everyone to see. So Gadget better be down here to open that door before I walk away from this place and this mission." Tammy tells her.

"I don't believe the change you have undergone. It's like you're..." Misao begins to say.

"Assertive?" Tammy interrupts her.

"A demanding asshole." Misao tells her.

"If it were just me, there would be no change. But now I have a little one to love and care for because she is a part of me. She is of my blood and flesh, and I have to account for her safety and well being more than I do of mine own. So it's not because I'm a demanding asshole as you put it, but because I am a demanding mother. Something you will never be." Tammy tells her.

"Why I never..." Misao says out loud though to herself.

"Maybe you should, and maybe you can become a mother like I am and understand what I am going through." Tammy tells her. The door in front of them can be heard being unlocked and then opened. Gadget stands in the doorway, wearing a bathrobe, rubbing her eye with a fist clenched sleeve, yawning.

"It's about time." Tammy turns to Gadget as they enter the domain, "I need a private space to breast feed my child. Where can I go?"

"Oh..." Gadget begins, "You can do it in my workshop."

"Thank you." Tammy tells her, pushing the baby carriage into the workshop and locking the door behind her.

She finds a short sofa at the end of the table where Gadget usually takes a rest between experiments. She positions the carriage in front of it, opening the hood more to take Francesca out and sitting down. She unbuttons her blouse as she sits down, holding Francesca with the other arm as she put her on her lap. Reaching into her clothing, she undoes the front clasp of her bra, positioning her breast and the baby to suckle on it. Though Francesca was still sleeping, she takes to Tammy's breast and starts suckling on it.

During this time Gadget goes into her bedroom to change into her usual clothes. When she is dressed, both she and Chip walk out of the bedroom, where Misao tells Chip that Tammy has a firearm in her possession.

A couple of minutes into her breast feeding her baby; Tammy can hear an argument outside the door followed by the doorknob being tried to open. Not liking what she is hearing, she slowly opens her hip pack and pulls out a round cylinder which she holds between her teeth, followed by her handgun. Putting the gun between herself and the baby, she takes the round cylinder from her mouth and screws it into the muzzle of her gun, making sure it's tight against the barrel. Holding the baby tighter against her, Tammy extends her arm with gun in hand out over the child and takes aim at the door.

The lock eventually gets undone and the door partially opens. Chip can be heard yelling, "No One Is Allowed In This Place With Any Weapons!" The door finally opens fully and he steps into the doorway, finding Tammy holding the baby close to her with one arm and a gun extended over the child aimed at him.

"Give me a DAMN good reason why you dare interrupt my baby's breast feeding." Tammy tells him in a very cold and threatening tone of voice.

All Chip can do is stare at her, the baby suckling on her breast and the gun aimed at him. Unable to say a word, Tammy gives him a final warning, "Leave or I drop you where you stand."

Gadget runs into the doorway, "I'm sorry Tammy, I'll make sure you are left alone!" before grabbing Chip by the back of his leather jacket and pulls him away from the door as it closes against the doorframe.

Tammy relaxes and puts the gun down on the chair next to her, letting it go and leaving it there. With her free hand, she reaches over and brushes the light soft red baby hair from Francesca’s forehead. Less than another ten minutes the baby Francesca stops feeding on Tammy's breast and is sleeping in her arm. Carefully she puts the baby back in its carriage, loosening the blanket wrapping she was in. Then she sits back on the chair and lets out a pent up breath.

"Whoo..." she lets out her breath, and then looks around and then down at her breasts. The one Francesca drank from was slightly smaller than the other, when it's usually the other way around and a lot less noticeable for her. "Francesca, you're going to need to feed from the other breast to keep me even, OK?" Tammy says to herself.

A soft and short "Ahh..." comes from the baby carriage, making Tammy get up slightly from her seat and looks inside the carriage. She notices that Francesca had shifted herself into another position but still sleeps. Reaching into her blouse, she adjusts herself into her bra and clips the clasp into place and then buttons up her blouse.

She takes her gun and undoes the silencer from the barrel, putting them both into her hip pack. Quietly she gets up from the seat, closing the carriage hood most of the way and rolls it to the door. Opening door took some doing as it opens into the room and not out into the hall but she manages to get the carriage out of the room without waking up the baby. In seconds she is out into the main room where the others waited for her. Chip walks up to her with a raised finger.

"You listen here..." Chip says loudly.

"No. You Listen..." Tammy interrupts him, sternly telling him, "You get loud and wake up my child, and I will make you regret that you made her cry by making you cry. Got that!" Then she looks around, seeing Misao at the corner of the room, "That goes double for you." She turns back to Chip, "I know what you beef is. So I got a gun, and several government licenses to carry such protection, which overrides the rules of this establishment. And the reason is simple, besides me working for various government agencies along with my husband, it's for me to protect my home and my family from those who would do me and my family harm by people with a lot more power and money than Fat Cat could dream about. People who are backed up by government agencies from around the world. So unless you can protect me, my daughter, my sister and my home, then shut up. You can't do what I have to do."

Tammy rolls the carriage to a nearby seat but then turns to face Chip. She takes a few steps to him and slaps him hard across the face enough to make him stagger. "That is for interrupting my daughter's breast feeding session. I don't care what you wanted to talk about, the only people who can see my bare and feeding breasts are those in my family and you are not part of that group." Tammy tells him, "Next time you interrupt me breast feeding my daughter, I will shoot you dead without warning. Got that!"

Chip could only nervously nod as he leans against the wall rubbing his face where he was struck.

"That goes double for you, Monty and Zipper and triple for you, Dale!" Tammy says as she walks to the chair. She sits down and looks at everyone. "Where's Jeanette?" She then asks.

"She's on her way, something about getting DOS ready." Gadget tells her.

"And you, Misao, that little two-seater can't take us all. And I'm not taking my Jaguar to this trip." Tammy asks and explains.

"A Limo-van will take us to the airport." Misao answers.

"Will it fit the carriage without folding it?" Tammy asks.

"It should. It's about the half size of a city bus." Misao answers.

"Then thank you." Tammy tells her.

"I don't see why you have to bring your pup with you." Chip says out loud to himself. The women of the room, including Jeanette who has just entered all turned to face Chip, all with evil scowls. Chip now knows he's in deep trouble, but how deep remains to be seen.

The women walk up to Chip, Gadget grabs and twists his ear more turns than she can actually twist her wrist. Jeanette still carrying her bags and Misao stand to either side of him, letting Tammy to stand in the middle where she sends a knee to his groin and a tightly clenched fist across his jaw as he double over in pain from the groin hit to his gonads. He crumples to the floor like a puppet whose strings were cut in mid show. They turn to the remaining men.

"You have a problem with me bringing my baby on this mission?" Tammy sternly asks them.

"No!" Dale say first immediately followed by Monty throwing in, "No Problem a' all! Let me know, an' I'll carry da carriage for ya!"

"Thank you." Tammy says as she returns to her seat. As she falls into cushions, she lets out a sigh. The men carry Chip into his room and close the door behind them.

"Well, I'm here." Jeanette asks as she puts down her bags.

"Thank you for coming and for your future help on this trip." Tammy says.

"Wha...?" Misao asks out loud to herself.

"It's an agreement she and I made last night." Jeanette explains.

"And I'm going to hold you up to that agreement." Tammy throws in.

"I'm a woman of my word." Jeanette tells her.

"Good. Misao, when is that limo-van coming?" Tammy says and asks.

"We got a couple of hours." Misao answers.

"Good. I'm going to take a nap." Tammy lets out with a yawn.

"This is not a time to sleep." Misao states.

"Taking care of a baby is not easy. With diaper changes and 2AM feedings, she needs her rest." Jeanette explains.

"I'm not going to be sleeping. Just be very quiet." Tammy throws in.

"Got enough diapers and milk for the trip?" Jeanette asks.

"She's not due for a change for another half hour but I have enough diapers for a week without needing to wash them. But they should be washed daily, you know why." Tammy answers in explanation, adding, "And you know I'm the source of the baby's nourishment."

"Oh, yeah." Jeanette says.

"Wash the diapers?" Misao asks.

"They're cloth diapers." Jeanette answers.

"Cloth diapers? Why not disposables ones?" Misao asks.

"I would need 100 boxes of diapers for her on this mission if I used those things. I'm also more ecologically sound in not adding to the garbage dump with those things. A disposable diaper can only be used once. A cloth diaper when washed properly can be used again and again for years. Besides, those things give her a rash." Tammy explains.

"How are you doing, keeping up with the feedings and all?" Jeanette asks.

"I'm fine. Just have to eat for two, more so now that I'm not pregnant and she's feeding from me." Tammy answers.

"You ate breakfast?" Jeanette asks.

"I had a fruit salad at the café." Tammy begins, "I have to be careful in what I eat because the flavor and other things can come out in the milk."

"All natural diet then?" Jeanette asks.

"It has to be. And no coffee, the caffeine leeches into the milk. Funny, Fernando says that I taste a lot sweeter." Tammy answers.

"Tammy, that's too much information!" Jeanette complains.

"No, it's true. Instead of smelling all sweaty, when I take off my clothes at the end of the day and give them a sniff, they smell fresh, sweet and fruity."

"How about meat, vegetables, grains and nuts?" Jeanette asks.

"I eat those too, not much like I used too though." Tammy answers.

"Misao?" Jeanette calls to her, "Any way to adjust for Tammy's diet on the trip?"

"It's a private plane we're getting on, but we can pick up a few things for her along the way." Misao answers.

"Good. Tammy, you can eat canned fruit or it needs to be fresh?" Jeanette says and then asks.

"I can deal with canned fruit for a couple of days, but fresh fruit would be better. Fresh fruit is more nutritious." Tammy answers.

"What about juices? And milk?" Jeanette asks.

"It's necessary to have both, but not together." Tammy asks, "Although Fernando knows a way to mix milk and orange-pineapple juice without making the milk curdle. It tastes good when he makes it."

"Milk and orange juice?" Misao complains with her tongue sticking out and holding her stomach.

"Never had an Orange Julius? That's what it is, though it is quite difficult to make." Jeanette tells her.

"Only takes him a few minutes." Tammy says.

"I got some almond milk and cheese." Gadget throws in.

"No thanks. I just need to rest." Tammy says. But rest does not come as a soft cry comes from the baby carriage, growing louder. Tammy sighs in defeat and slowly gets up, opening the hood of the carriage. She picks up the baby and holds her, "What's wrong Francesca?" The smell of a dirty diaper catches everyone's nose at once.

"Whoa!" both Gadget and Misao complain.

Tammy lays the baby back in the carriage and opens the baby bag tied to the carriage handle, working on changing the diaper, cleaning, and powdering her little girl in less than a minute. The dirty diaper and wiping cloth goes into a sealed zip lock bag.

She pushes the baby carriage to the bathroom, keeping the door open and unseals the ziplock bag. Taking out the diaper, she holds it by a corner while dunking the rest of it in the toilet. She flushes the toilet to remove the baby's excrement from the cloth, taking three flushes to get it all but the stain removed. She puts the diaper and wiping cloth in the basin sink, running hot water over it with the drain sealed. She takes another ziplock bag of a white powder and pours half the bag onto the diaper. It takes her a couple of minutes to hand wash the items, rinsing it a couple of times.

She takes the diaper and wiping cloth and wrings it dry, and then turns to face the baby carriage, but sees the other women there.

"What?" Tammy asks of them.

"You do that every time you have to change her diaper?" Misao asks.

"No, I usually flush out the baby's shit and then throw it in the washing machine with the others and let the washer/dryer take care of them during the night. But since this is a trip, I have to do what I have to do." Tammy explains, "Gadget, can I use your dryer?"

"Oh sure..." Gadget says.

"That was one of the most unsanitary things I ever seen." Misao complains.

"It's what your grandmother did on your mother's bottom, and her mother before her since plastic disposable diapers were not invented until twenty years ago..." Tammy tells her, "Besides, the soap is anti bacterial baby soap known by the name ‘Dreft', so I'm clean of any so-called contaminating harmful bacteria. Since she's feeding from me, what infection she could give me, I'm giving to her so it's a closed circuit between us. You would understand that if you were a mother and take care of your own child."

They walk to the room next to the bathroom where a washing machine and dryer standing beside each other. Tammy opens the dryer and puts the cloth diaper and wiping cloth inside, putting it on ‘HOT' setting for 12 minutes. They all stand around as the dryer spins to do its job.

"You told her about flying the plane?" Tammy asks Jeanette.

"I just got here." Jeanette answers.

"So when were you going to tell her?" Tammy asks.

"What about the flying plane?" Misao asks.

"Francesca is an infant, so the flight has to be low and rise to altitude slowly and steady to keep the pressure even or the sudden pressure change would injure her." Jeanette explains.

"What?" Misao replies suddenly.

"Babies under the age of one year are not allowed to fly on airlines because their developing bodies are still weak unless the flight on the plane is low and steady. You tell the pilots and show the baby and they will know what to do." Jeanette tells her.

"They better." Tammy tells her.

"They will. And it won't delay the flight by too much." Jeanette tells them.

"What about the carriage?" Gadget asks.

"It can fold down to half the size with all the bags in it but I will need the baby bag I have tied to the carriage handle." Tammy answers.

"We can have it secured in the back of the jet. Right Misao?" Jeanette answers for her.

"What kind of jet is this?" Tammy asks.

"It's a long range 737BBJ." Misao answers.

"I see, at least two stops then." Tammy says.

"What do you mean, at least two stops?" Misao asks.

"If we're meeting the fleet at Pearl Harbor, and then we are going to have to stop at Los Angeles International to refuel. If we are going to Tokyo, Japan then we will have to stop at Seattle, Washington and then at Anchorage, Alaska to refuel there. Either way, you said it's a long-range 737BBJ which should be a 737BBJ-ER, and that has a 3,800-mile range. Hawaii is 52-hundred miles away and Japan is more than 7,800 miles away. If this was a 747BBJ-ER, we would not need to refuel to get there but the 737 is a smaller plane with less range." Tammy answers.

"When did you become an expert on aircraft?" Misao asks.

"Since my job with the SWA requires for me to have such skills." Tammy answers.

"The SWA, weren't they disbanded?" Misao asks.

"Believe that." Tammy tells her, "It does not matter where you get your information; you should at least verify your facts. Speaking of facts, Jeanette, tell her what Fernando told you last night."

Jeanette released a pent up breath of air, not wanting to say anything, but Misao's inquiry forces her to answers, "What did Fernando tell you to tell me?"

"Fernando said that he does not care about the Atlantean involvement in this mission. But according to him we are going in over our heads, which is why he refused the mission last year." Jeanette explains.

"My dear Jeanette, how can I say this? Fernando is a coward." Misao tells her outright.

"I'm not going to argue that point." Jeanette throws in.

"You can't, because he is." Misao throws back.

Jeanette notices Tammy giving her the eye, forcing her to talk, "There are more Triads than there are people in North America, and one in twenty people in Japan is a member of the Yaccusa. There are about 10 of us in this group? No way we are going to handle millions of people who are gang members."

"I think you are over stating the problem. All we need to do is find and point out the gang members in political office and the government will do the rest." Misao explains.

"Considering that the police are run by the Triads and the Yaccusa have the judges in their pockets..." Jeanette begins to explain.

"You siding with him or are you part of this mission?" Misao asks her sternly.

"I have my own reasons to be part of this mission." Jeanette answers.

"I see. I hope there are no conflicts of interest here." Misao says to her.

"There are no conflicts of interest. There are concerns, and I made them known." Jeanette tells her.

"Let's make sure there are none, for we have a long mission a head of us." Misao tells her.

"I think you are missing the point." Tammy brings up.

"I doubt I am." Misao begins to say.

"You are missing the point." Tammy interrupts her. "You know what my husband is doing?"

"He's somewhere in South America destroying a few small crops of marijuana and cocaine and telling small time drug farmers to stop it or else." Misao answers, "There is nothing I don't know about his missions."

"Apparently you are more in the dark than anyone here." Tammy tells her, "Disinformation for fun and profit, I'm going to tell you this much: Nazi rebirth in South America, reunification of the Axis Powers, Genetic Technology used to usher in a new wave of genocidal holocaust against the Atlanteans. Stopping that is what my husband and his crew's mission."

"Do you hear yourself what you are saying?" Misao says trying to hold back her laughter, "Nazi rebirth in South America, Reunification of the Axis Powers? Genetic technology used to create a holocaust against the Atlanteans? Please, don't make me laugh."

"I would be laughing too, if I was not shown evidence to its truth last night." Jeanette tells her, covering for Tammy.

"Pray tell, what was this evidence?" Misao asks, still wanting to laugh.

"A walk-through of a secret medical lab in South America used by Josef Mengele." Jeanette answers, lying to add to the cover.

"But Jeanette, Josef Mengele has been dead since 1977." Misao tells her.

"It was not Josef Mengele but one of his clones." Jeanette responds.

"You do know how stupid this sounds. Chances are what you saw was a fake movie scene walk-through, like on The Alien Autopsy Internet Movie on Youtube." Misao tells her.

"Just as stupid as the conspiracy theories saying that Japanese are Atlanteans from outer space." Tammy lets out enough to be heard.

"Touché Mrs. Squirrel-G." Jeanette says to herself softly.

"*Hmph!*" Misao lets out, throwing in, "I do not care what others have to say about the Atlanteans. They don't need to know where the Atlanteans came from. All they need to know is that they are part of the global community."

"You say that when they start burying them in graves by the thousands." Tammy starts, "Until then, we are all going to pretend that everything is honky dory."

"My. You used to be the skittish quiet one, but now you got a mouth." Misao tells her.

"People change when they go through severe events. For me it was losing my mother and sister, getting chased, getting kidnapped, recovering my sister, working for the Italian Government, being almost killed, getting married and having a baby. But no matter how much I changed, you remained the same." Tammy tells her in return. After a second or two of silence, she throws in, "If you don't mind, I want and will be getting my rest. And while I am resting, I want no one to be talking about my husband or what we think we know. So don't disturb me unless the limo-bus is here. Only Francesca can disturb me."

Misao was about to say something but the looks on Gadget and Jeanette tells her otherwise.

Though 10 minutes has passed, Tammy opens the dryer and takes out the cloth diaper and wiping cloth. She puts them to her cheek and rubs her fingers into the cloth; she nods to herself before taking a ziplock bag from the baby bag tied onto the carriage handle. They get folded up and put into a new ziplock bag and into the baby bag. Tammy takes the handle of the baby carriage and rolls it back to the main room where she sits back down on the chair.

"Don't get too comfortable." Misao tells her, "I have Intel to hand out and discuss."

"You can say it on the plane or on the ship on the way to Japan." Tammy tells her.

"What I have to say, I will say it now." Misao says in return.

"Without the guys?" Gadget asks.

"I don't want to see Chip rubbing his crotch trying to sooth his pain Tammy gave him." Jeanette says out loud.

"What I have to say, I have to say it to you ladies only." Misao tells them all.

"Oh pray tell what is that?" Tammy mockingly asks.

"Even though we will be dealing with Asian Royalty, this is not an opportunity to be chasing after favors or dates." Misao tells them.

"I'm happily married." Tammy responds to the silly demand.

"So am I." Gadget adds.

"Don't look at me. I'm not interested." Jeanette lets out.

"We know..." both Gadget and Tammy tells her.

"Ha ha." Jeanette lets out in a sarcastic tone.

"But seriously. Fernando gives me everything I would ever want, including the sun, moon and stars." Tammy explains.

"Chip does the same thing for me." Gadget adds.

"I doubt Chip would be able to do anything like that." Misao replies, "As for Fernando, he's too cheap to give a real woman what she wants."

"He gave me the Star of India." Jeanette tries to sway the argument.

"I'm sure that fake trinket came from a lab somewhere." Misao argues.

Tammy thinks about showing off the blade but doesn't as she thinks Misao would try to take it later on in the trip. For now it stays hidden in its place in the baby's carriage. But at least she will give her a few words to chew on.

"He gives me everything I want, and all I ever wanted was a little family of my own." Tammy tells her.

Misao carefully thinks her words, knowing that saying the wrong thing will send Tammy home. Thus she says, "Any guy could have done that for you."

"No guy would have gotten married to make that family. Most guys just want to have the sex and walk away from the responsibility. Nor would they have put up with the rescue missions in Italy like he has. And if they did rescued me, they would have demanded sex as a reward for saving me." Tammy tells her, adding, "Say one more thing about my husband and I will be leaving for home, even after I shake hands with the Emperor. Fernando is willing to stay with me through the good times and the bad. You seem to come and go as you please, especially when you or the Atlanteans need help, and make demands when you are here. Remember, you are not my boss and you need me more than I will ever need you."

In Misao's mind, at least she didn't leave.

Jeanette tries to change the subject, "Would you like to eat something, Tammy?"

"Not yet." Tammy answers, "I got another couple of hours before I eat."

"We will be leaving in a couple of hours." Misao reminds her.

"And?" Tammy asks, "My priorities do not match yours, Misao. If you want me to do things, then you are going to abide by my wants and needs."

"I abide by your wants and needs, you are going to do what has to be done for this mission." Misao tells her.

"Understand this: I am volunteering for this mission. That means I will be doing what is needed when I please, leave when I please and get paid accordingly." Tammy tells her, pointing out, "My sister will be graduating from her school in Italy in a few weeks. I will walk out of the mission to be in that graduation and return afterwards because my family comes first. Got that?"

"Got it." Misao replies, "And you get this: this is not a frivolous mission. You are not to use it to supplement yourself, your income, your social status; you are a volunteer, and thus you will be treated as a volunteer and receive nothing for the work you do for us except for your normal pay. If you are to receive a reward or recognition of this work, it will be decided upon by us and not by you."

"Then so be it. We'll see who gets a reward or not." Tammy answers. She gets up and checks on the baby before she starts walking to the door.

"Wait a minute! Where are you going?" Gadget says before the others.

Tammy stops by the door and turns to her, "If you want me, I'll be at my home." She then opens the door and pushes the carriage outside, making her way onto the path.

Jeanette runs out of the house with her bags and towards Tammy, calling for her half way from catching up to her, "Tammy!"

Tammy stops as she turns around to see Jeanette trotting up to her, and Gadget holding the door to her place open. "I'm going home. I'm not going to get any rest with her there." She says before turning around and continues walking.

"But..." Jeanette tries to say as she catches up.

"I need my rest. I'll go to the mission, but I need my rest and that bitch is keeping me from getting it. I'm not asking for much. Just pick me up when that limo van comes. Alright?" Tammy explains, interrupting her.

"Then I walk you home." Jeanette replies.

The long walk to Tammy's house was uneventful though lengthy. The door opens when they approach it and enter the domain. They go down the hall to the living room where Tammy parks the carriage by the sofa where she sits down. It takes her a few moments to make a comment.

"Damn that Misao..." Tammy says to herself.

"I know she's not liked by some including this family, but she has to be respected." Jeanette states as she walks to a nearby chair.

"I know what Fernando says in that regard but she does not respect me or this family, she proved that today." Tammy replies, "Maybe I should not go. What for?"

"It's not to do her any favors, but they do need help. As Fernando told me years ago, if you can help, and then do so." Jeanette answers.

"I'm not sure we can. I just sense a trap in this." Tammy begins to explain, "It is not just a few people we are dealing with, it's millions. And if it's just arresting high-ranking officials, we need to deal with their staff as well and that's hundreds if not thousands of individuals. Plus when this gets out on the news media, we'll be marked for death."

"It should not be that many." Jeanette replies.

"Hold onto that thought." Tammy says before getting up and walking to her bedroom.

The bedroom door can be heard slamming shut, and then being heard slamming shut a second time a couple of minutes later. She returns and drops a heavy red loose-leaf binder on Jeanette's lap.

"Hey!" Jeanette lets out loud, and then she looks at the binder, opening its front cover. Sections of pages are tabulated by continents and then by nations. "What is this?" Jeanette asks as she turns to the tab labeled ‘Japan.'

"It's a list of known individuals involved in organized crime and government corruption. What you are looking at is the Yaccusa in Japan. China is on a dual layer 8GB DVD Rom because it's so huge." Tammy explains.

"Uhm..." Jeanette looks at the list, "Hirohito Kashakura, Captain of the Royal Guard?"

"Almost 90 percent of the royal guard is a member of the Yaccusa." Tammy explains, "As is 75 percent of the Japanese Parliament and their staff. Continue on and see how much of the police force is involved."  

Jeanette closes the binder, "No thank you."

"We would be nothing more than interlopers, gatecrashers, trespassers, and molesters to their way of life. We mention any name on that list - we're going home in pine boxes. That is if there are bodies found." Tammy explains.

"And if anything happens to you and your baby, Fernando would nuke Japan off the face of the earth." Jeanette replies.

"Nuking would be the half of it." Tammy throws in, "No. He would go back in time and make sure that Japan would never be formed, the Atlanteans will never arrive there, let alone on Earth at all."

"Isn't that a little harsh?" Jeanette asks.

"I would think not. He's done it before to entire lines of families. Though he's not responsible for these, why you think the Byrons, the Shellys, the Poes and the Thomases lines ended at the famous person? Somebody wanted them dead and no more and thus they became." Tammy explains.

"I doubt that it's the deliberate action of some organized effort that did them in, but there are certain events in time that cannot be changed. That is a given. The storm that killed Lord Byron and Percy Shelly was one. The drinking habits of Edgar Allen Poe and Dylan Thomas were notably quite self-destructive. You could have stopped them from killing themselves by drinking to death on that particular day, you would not on another day thus only delaying a self fulfilling self destructive prophecy." Jeanette explains, "I doubt he would destroy a whole line of global history to satisfy his anger."

"We will have to see." Tammy says, "This mission is a lot more dangerous than it seems. I see it, you see it, but Misao doesn't? I think she is leading us into a trap."

"I think she does not know the scope of the problem." Jeanette throws in.

"Every Oriental Asian knows how ingrained the Triads and the Yaccusa are. It's part of their everyday life; it's part of their culture. Even the ABCs here know how ingrained they are." Tammy explains.

"ABC's?" Jeanette asks.

"It's a euphemism for ‘American Born Chinese,' though it includes all Asian Orientals born in the USA." Tammy explains, "And yes, they know about the Triads and Yaccusa because their tentacles reach over to here." Tammy explains.

"Can I dare ask how you would know this?" Jeanette asks.

"Other than being common knowledge?" Tammy asks as she point to the red binder.

"You're not an Oriental Asian." Jeanette points out.

"So I'm not. But I know who is." Tammy answers the original question. She gets up to go to bedroom.

Tammy returns to the living room as she carries a laptop in her arms, which she sets down on the living room table. It wakes up from sleep mode as she opens the case to reveal the screen and keyboard. A few strokes of the track pad and a click of the mouse button, the same telecommunications program used to talk with Fernando gets turned on. She scrolls down a list of names, finally choosing one on the names on the "J" list. It takes a moment for the call to be answer. It eventually gets answered.

"Hello?" a high-pitched female voice answers but the cover on the camera was on not revealing who it was. At least Tammy was able to recognize Jeanie's voice.

"Hi Jeanie." Tammy replies.

"Jeanie?" Jeanette asks to herself.

"You know what time is it?" Jeanie asks.

"Around 9:30 in the morning here." Tammy answers.

"It's past midnight over here." Jeanie throws back at her, lifting the visor from the digital camera to reveal herself in her typical nearly see-through negligee. "Everything alright with Fernando?" she asks.

"He's fine, on a mission in South America involving cloned Nazis." Tammy answers.

"The Boys From Brazil mission?" Jeanie asks.

"Yup." Tammy answers.

"I see." Jeanie says, and then almost complains, "I know you don't like me because I tried to steal your husband, but he was mine long before you were born. So this can't be a personal call."

"I need you to tell this person who you are, where you are, and how engrained the Triads and Yaccusa are." Tammy explains, and then introduces before turning the laptop to her, "But first, this is Jeanette, Fernando's former EMT Partner at the café."

"You. I know you." Jeanie almost shouts out, "You're Misao's partner."

"I'm not her partner. Friend maybe, not partner." Jeanette tells her, and then asks, "Who are you?"

"I'll answer Tammy's questions, but first, why you need to know this?" Jeanie asks.

"We are about to embark on a mission in Japan..." Jeanette started to say.

"Do not say anymore. Tammy! I want to see you!" Jeanie shouts at the screen.

Tammy turns the laptop around, "I'm here."

"This is that Triads – Yaccusa mission I told you not to involve yourself in last year?" Jeanie asks, "Don't do it at all costs."

"Who is she?" Jeanette asks.

"I know." Tammy says at Jeanie.

"Give me back at that ‘munk." Jeanie tells her.

Tammy slowly turns the laptop to Jeanette.

Jeanie then gives Jeanette a scowl before telling her, "Who am I? I am with the stroke of a few keyboard keys can make or break a politician's career, alter the economy of nations, and make heroes out of nobodies. I am Jeanie Chin, editor and owner of the Chinese and Asian News Networks. Between my newspapers, magazines, and news information shows, I make more money a day than Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and the Queen of England makes in a year combined, I have access to more people and computer systems than they can and I do it every day. That is who I am and what I can do, Miss Jeanette. I sway the thinking of over two billion minds with the information I expose for all to see. Now I'm telling you to drop this case. There are over 600-million Triads in Asia alone, another 20-million Yaccusa members in the tiny island of Japan. They will know who you are, when you will arrive, drive you to your destination, replace your hotel blankets and towels. They will go through your private belongings even if you have the hotel manager lock them in the hotel safe. They will know which hand you wipe yourself with in the bathroom and where you place the soap when you shower. They will be making your breakfast, lunch and dinner, mixing your drinks at the bar. If they want you dead, you would not know who did it. Now, I'm telling you to back off from this mission or you will be dead if you don't."

"How can I be sure that you are who you say you are?" Jeanette asks in a challenging tone.

"When are you to arrive in Japan?" Jeanie asks.

"Just before the signing of the Korean – Japanese treaty." Jeanette answers.

"Then, Tammy. I will post notice of your arrival there so you can be treated in a hero's welcome for what you did in Italy. Fernando coming too?" Jeanie says and asks.

"Fernando will still be in South America. I will be there with our daughter." Tammy answers as she moves next to Jeanette to be seen on the screen.

"Daughter?" Jeanie asks, "When you two finally did it?"

"That's none of your business, but she's recently born so I will be going there by sea." Tammy explains.

"You know Fernando is a national hero there. The Japanese public is going to want to see the baby and interview you. I can set that up for you if you like." Jeanie tells her.

"I'll talk with Fernando first about this. I'll let you know what he decides." Tammy explains.

"Tell him to call me, and we'll discuss the details. Don't worry, I'll respect your privacy if he says no." Jeanie replies.

"Good." Tammy responds.

"Can I see the baby?" Jeanie asks.

"Not now, because she is sleeping. Maybe when I get to Japan I can show her to you if you're there." Tammy answers.

"I'll be there. Let me know when." Jeanie answers.

"I leave today to go to Pearl Harbor by plane. Then it's a slow navy boat to Japan." Tammy explains.

"By plane?" Jeanie almost gasps, "Newborns and infants are too young to go on planes!"

"I know. That's why I will be demanding that the pilots take off slow and fly low to not hurt the baby." Tammy explains.

"They better. Have the baby checked out by a doctor after the flight." Jeanie tells her.

"I did not think of that. Thanks, I will." Tammy responds.

"Keep in touch, and I'll see you in Japan." Jeanie says, and then she goes into her desk drawer and adds as she holds up a brick of monetary bills, "That's for the baby when I see her."

Jeanette could only drop her jaw at the amount of money shown.

"That's not necessary." Tammy tells her.

"Come on now. I'm practically her step-mom. Anything the baby needs, when in Asia, she has it." Jeanie tells her in return.

"Alright. I'll talk to Fernando about it." Tammy says.

"He'll tell you to take it because I take ‘No!' for an answer." Jeanie tells her.

"Alright, like I said, I'll talk to Fernando about it." Tammy throws back.

"Just do because I will be speaking to him about it and this mission." Jeanie says, "I'll be waiting for your next call."

The screen goes black from her disconnecting the call on her end.

Tammy does not turn to Jeanette as she tells and asks her, "‘They will know who you are when you arrive, drive you to your destination, replace your hotel blankets and towels, go through your private belongings locked up in the hotel safe, know which hand you wipe yourself with, where you place the soap, make your breakfast, lunch and dinner, and mixing your drinks at the bar.' You tell me how deep are we going to be and if we can tread water long enough to swim out of it? This is a no win situation. At least with Padania, it was just a few idiots we went after though there were hundreds if not thousands. Here we are dealing with millions, who will know when we will get there, why we are there and who we will see. Why are we even doing this, Jeanette?"

"You want to cancel and not go? I can talk to Misao about it." Jeanette asks and then says.

"No. I'm going, that's not the problem, but I won't be there alone with the baby when I return from Italy. I will have added help and protection when I return from Bink's graduation." Tammy answers.

"Bink is not going to be able to protect you." Jeanette replies.

"Who said anything about Bink?" Tammy asks, and then says, "I'll be back with everybody from Section 2 if I have too."

"I doubt they would come just because you ask." Jeanette says.

"They will. Besides, Fernando is still just one phone call away. I would not be surprised if he has a Chrono Server Lock on me and the baby in case anything happens to us." Tammy explains as she closes the laptop, "So that's not the least of my worries. What are Misao's intentions on this? We all know that this is a no-win mission, so why take it?"

"You know the saying, ‘the bigger the risk; the bigger the reward.' Well, it's obvious. Taking on something this big would have a reward bigger than anything the rangers have ever seen." Jeanette answers.

"Taking something this big means the reward is so big that it can influence the world's global economy and status of world super power." Tammy explains, "In fact, the only way I see to win this is to take the leadership from these factions and put them in hiding for a while. Having that much power in being able to manipulate the actions of these two gangs, I rather not want to think the consequences of such an action."

"You really think Misao would do that?" Jeanette asks.

"Misao already leads the Atlanteans because you gave her the ability to Time Travel long ago. If it weren't for the Time Lord's decision allowing her to keep those abilities so that Fernando would have a nemesis, this would have ended a long time ago with the Atlanteans being nothing more than just an undecipherable scribble on some archeologist's notepad about some Inca Ruins. Now she has power over a population that can threaten either of those two groups, if gaining control of either one or both, she can manipulate the governments from within with their internal influence. And then what? She has control over a major section of the world." Tammy explains.

"If true, how you figured all this out? She is an ascended being." Jeanette asks.

"Ascended being or not, it's the next logical step. Not saying that she would be into world conquest, but to lead The Atlaneans into something bigger would be something for her. Imagine, if she can led all the Atlaneans, half Atlanteans, quarter Atlanteans, anyone and everyone with a bit of Atlanteans gene in them caused by Atlantean Diaspora, that would be a major cultural force to be reckoned with. And with her leading it, who knows how far it will go." Tammy tells her.

"It's a little farfetched, don't you think?" Jeanette asks.

"Just as farfetched as the Nazi's reunification in South America and the rebuilding of the Roman Empire. Come to think about it, she would fit right in with those egomaniacs." Tammy replies.

"That is my friend you are talking about." Jeanette starts to tell her.

"What about Misao talking dirt about my husband?" Tammy asks. She pauses for a second, and then continues, "I know you tried to state a couple of nice things about him but you need to stand up to her. You can't coward when she tries to challenge you and your statements."

"How do we know that secret base background in Fernando's phone call is real?" Jeanette asks.

"I'll just answer your question with a question. Who Fernando is working for?" Tammy tells her.

"The CIA." Jeanette says as she thinks about it, "But really. What he says about them all the time, Disinformation for fun and profit? How can I trust anything he says based on that?" Jeanette says and asks.

"You need to trust the person who making the comment, and not the comment itself. I know Fernando has put you through some hardships, but he was always there to catch you when you fell, right?" Tammy answers the question and asks one of her own.

"He has, but he should not have, he did not had to and that's the point between me and him. If this is how he treats friends, I would sure hate to see how he treats his enemies." Jeanette answers then comments.

"He kills his enemies. Especially those who crossed the line on threatening him and his family." Tammy replies.

"He has not deliberately killed anyone outside of self-defense in a long time." Jeanette responds.

"You may be right on that, because on thinking about that, though he did killed Christiano Savonarola, Mr. Savonarola drew his gun first. The more I think about it, all of Fernando's killings have been what Hondo calls as ‘the quick draw.' We all know nobody is faster than he is." Tammy says as she thinks, "It could be that he's setting them up."

"Well..." Jeanette started to say.

"Well nothing." Tammy says. She takes the cushion from the back of the sofa and props it up against the armrest, and then curls up into a ball at her end of the sofa, "Enough of this talk, I'm taking a nap."

"Maybe you should unfold the bed from this couch." Jeanette says as she gets up off the sofa.  

"Too much work for one. Too noisy and it might wake up the baby, two." Tammy says, getting quieter as she says each word. She lets out a quiet yawn after finishing what she said.

Though she seems to sleep, she was not sleeping, rather resting with her eyes closed. She would preferred if her husband was there to tell her how wonderful things have been since their marriage, how great things will be with their family and what the future might bring. But he is not there. However Jeanette is.

"Anything to drink?" Jeanette asks as she heads to the kitchen.

"Water, soda, juice. Everything else is for the baby" Tammy quietly explains.

"I see." Jeanette says as she picks up a half-gallon bottle with a hand written label, which makes her ask, "Mango and cantaloupe?"

"Two mangoes with one cantaloupe, pureed in a high speed blender with half a cup of water and a spoonful of sugar to take out the bite the cantaloupe rind might bring." Tammy explains.

"Cantaloupe rind?" Jeanette asks.

"It's not like the whole cantaloupe is thrown into the blender. It's the flesh cut close to the rind and that bring some bitterness. It is where most of the nutrients are. Bring me a glass if you don't mind." Tammy explains and requests.

"I see." Jeanette says as she prepares two glasses of the juice.

Putting the bottle back in the refrigerator, she takes the two glasses to the sofa, giving one of them to Tammy as she gently sat on the table. They both take a sip from the glass.

"This is not bad at all..." Jeanette says out loud though meaning to herself. She then asks, "You know how to make it?"

"One cantaloupe cut up into cubes as close to the rind as possible, of course scoop out and throw out the seeds. Two Mangoes, its flesh scraped off the skin and seed. Throw both in a blender and set it to blend for a while. You may have to push down the solids to get it going. When most of it is getting mixed, throw in a half-cup of water and put it to 'Puree.' When everything looks smooth, throw in a spoon of sugar and let it mix for two minutes. Then it's done. You can do the same with watermelon, honeydews, and other melons." Tammy explains.

"We'll see about making it when on the ship. It is a long trip." Jeanette replies.

"I don't know about that. I don't know if they will let us into the kitchen or supplies." Tammy responds. She finishes her drink soon after.

"Don't know, but we can ask." Jeanette replies.

"Only thing I hate about it is the mess. The glasses have to be cleaned as soon as you finish it." Tammy says as she put the empty glass on the table by Jeanette.

"I'll take care of it." Jeanette says as she grabs the glass, "Want another?"

"One was fine." Tammy says, "And thank you."

Jeanette walks to the kitchen with both glasses and washes them out. She puts them away where she got them from before. In coming back to her place on the table, the whole event takes a little over a minute.

Once at the table, she notices that Tammy appears to be sleeping.

"Tammy, you're asleep?" Jeanette asks.

"No." Tammy answers, "I'm resting with my eyes closed."

"Look, go take a nap. I'll take care of everything." Jeanette tells her.

"No. When you have a baby, you can't sleep like you used too." Tammy tells her in return. "The best you can do is rest."

"I see. I'll wake you up in 90 minutes. I'll be in my room upstairs, if I still have a room." Jeanette says and then comments as she gets up to go upstairs.

"No one has been upstairs since we returned. As for your future ownership of that room will be discussed after the end this mission." Tammy states.

"I see." Jeanette adds. She then goes to the hall and up the stairs to her room.

Hearing her go up the stairs, Tammy says to herself, "Good."

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2020, 3:23pm

Chapter Three: Flight

Some 90 minutes had passed when Jeanette gets a call on her cellphone. It was Misao informing her that the Limo-Van was arriving at the Rescue Ranger's headquarters and she has to report for the mission. No mention was made of Tammy, but Jeanette was going to tell her to go with her.

It takes a minute to go to the living room to where Tammy was. She was already sitting up with the baby on her lap and arms, noticing her coming into the living room. She carefully puts the baby back in the carriage.

"Ready to go?" Tammy asks.

"I was going to ask that." Jeanette answers.

"Before we go, I need you to take this pill. It will help with the anxiety of flying." Tammy says as she reaches into her purse and pulls out a purple pill for Jeanette.

"I'll pass on the pill." Jeanette replies.

"You better not freak out while the plane is flying." Tammy warns her.

"I won't freak out. I'll be fine. I took my own anxiety suppression pill." Jeanette replies.

"Then let's go." Tammy tells her and she steps up to the baby carriage and release the wheel brakes by the foot lever below. With a push, the carriage begins to roll. "You better not freak out on the plane." Tammy says to herself.

She continues pushing the carriage to where Jeanette with her packed belongings was at the entrance of the living room. Together they make their way out the house and to the Rescue Ranger's Headquarters, taking a couple of minutes to do the trip.

A large sized van was parked in front of Rescue Ranger's Headquarters, about as high and wide as a school bus but at half its length. Strangely no one except for the driver was outside with the vehicle. They continue walking to the domain, finding the door open. Inside were the members of the Rescue Rangers in a panic of packing up things and looking for their assorted paper work. Tammy looks at Jeanette.

"Care to help me with the carriage?" Tammy asks.

"I don't think that will fit in the limo-van." Jeanette answers.

Tammy rolls the carriage to the limo-van's door, and then opens the carriage hood, taking out Francesca and holds her in one arm. With the other she takes the cases and carry-alls and puts them inside the carriage where the baby was in. She then unties baby bag from the carriage handle and puts it over her shoulder. Pulling on a wire lever by the baby carriage handle folds up the carriage to a case half the size, with the carriage handle as the carry handle for it.

"It will fit now, but it will be heavy." Tammy says.

Jeanette looks at the black handled box, "I see."

"No worry. I put it in for you." the limo-van driver tells her with a strong Asian accent.

Tammy looks at him strange as he tries to lift the heavy carry case into the bus. Somehow he manages to get it inside without breaking anything or hurting himself. Tammy walks in with Jeanette behind her, she takes the carriage case by the handle and rolls it by its wheels to the rear of the bus. There she sits down with the baby in her lap, putting the baby bag next to her. The carriage is shoved into the leg area of the seat next to her by the window.

As Jeanette takes the seat next to her on the rear bench after putting her bags in the overhead open bin, the driver arrives behind with a baby seat for Tammy. "Miss, it's for the baby's safe journey." he tells her.

He motions to put the baby seat between Tammy and Jeanette, but Tammy signals to him to put it at the window seat. She needed to momentarily get out of her seat for him to do so, and after securing the baby seat to the chair with its seat belts; Tammy puts Francesca in it and secures her with the tiny straps inside. She thanks the driver and tries to give him a large tip, which he refuses.

With a sigh Tammy returns to her seat.

As they wait for the others, Tammy checks on the baby almost every second of every minute. It would take another 30 minutes for the others to go in. The men come in first, starting off with Chip. They all see Tammy and Jeanette in the back row. They take their seats quietly as soon as they have their bags packed in the upper overhead open bin area.

Misao and Gadget are next to enter with Misao complaining about Jeanette not being there and delaying their trip. As she steps up on the bus, she notices both Tammy and Jeanette there.

"There you are. How long have you been there? You were supposed to be at the headquarters." Misao begins with her mouth as she walked towards them.

"She was helping me." Tammy lets out, "You got a problem with that?"

"I see." Misao says loud enough to be heard.

"Let's sit down so we can go." Gadget says, and then points to the seats in front of Tammy she wants to sit down at. She manages to squeeze by Misao to get to those seats, saying, "Excuse me."

Looking at Gadget for a moment, Misao turns around and heads to a set of seats in the middle of the limo-van. One last glance by the driver in his rear view mirror to check on the passengers, he puts the vehicle into drive and starts the hour drive to JFK Airport.

Gadget turns around and kneels on her seat, holding on to the back of the seat with her hands as she looks down at Tammy and Jeanette. "How is the baby doing?" she asks.

"She's doing fine." Tammy answers.

"Where did you get the baby seat?" Gadget asks.

"The bus driver gave it to me." Tammy answers, adding, "I'm sure it's for vehicle safety laws in case he gets pulled over."

"You should have brought your baby seat for her." Jeanette complains.

"I forgot it." Tammy replies.

"I'm sure you did." Jeanette throws in.

"Well, you will be returning it, right?" Gadget asks.

"Of course, it's not mine." Tammy answers.

"So when is her next feeding?" Gadget asks.

"Not for another 2 hours." Tammy answers.

"Hmmm... We should be flying by then." Gadget comments.

"I better have privacy to feed her." Tammy tells her.

"It should have a private bedroom, it is a 737-BBJ." Jeanette throws in.

"It should have 3 private bedrooms, but that's beside the point. I do not want to be interrupted when I'm feeding Francesca, whether I'm breast feeding or bottle feeding her." Tammy tells her, adding sternly, "And I will drop who ever interrupts that feeding."

"Don't you think that is a bit too much?" Jeanette asks.

"The only people who are allowed to see my bare and feeding breasts are my family. None of you here are my family, but this goes double for the men. I may have dated Chip and the others years ago as teenagers but I am now an adult woman who is married and with a baby. They better respect my space or I will shoot anyone of them that dares interrupts me from my baby's needs." Tammy tells her.

"I can't promise anything, but I'll try to make sure that you are undisturbed by Chip and the other guys during those times." Gadget tries to reassure Tammy.

"I don't care how you do it, just do so." Tammy reinforces. Then she turns to Jeanette, "That includes Misao too."

"I'm not making any guarantees." Jeanette replies.

"Good." Tammy says, looking out the window. She sees an overhead traffic sign stating, ‘JFK Exit 25 – 5 miles'.

"We're almost there." Tammy says as the sign passes by.

"That was quick." Gadget comments.

"Not really." Tammy looks at her watch, "It's almost half an hour we been riding this thing."

"Oh." Gadget lets out.

In a few minutes the limo-van was pulling up to the Jet Blue Terminal and stops by its entrance. "We are here!" can be heard from the driver at his driver's seat. The front door of the limo-van opens.

The men gather their things and walk out of the limo-van. Misao takes her things and gets off with them.

"Go on ahead without me. I'll catch up in a few seconds." Tammy tells them.

"You sure?" Gadget asks.

"Yes, I'm sure." Tammy answers.

"Alright." Gadget says, as she gathers her things. She gets up and leaves soon afterwards.

The bus driver arrived after Gadget left as Tammy worked on unfastening the belts that held the baby Francesca in place. He stood behind her, putting a hand above the baby carrier, "No. You keep it. Keep baby safe."

"Huh?" Tammy replies.

"You keep baby in carrier to keep her safe. Take it with you." he tells her. She looks at him blankly. He asks, "Where's the heavy baby carriage?"

"Oh. Here." Tammy answers as she points to it wedged between the seats on the floor.

The driver gets between her and the baby carriage, as Tammy refastens the baby straps on Francesca before taking the whole baby carrier seat to her. Then he bends down and tries to pick up the carriage, finding it stuck. He struggles with it even though it could have slid out of place like when Tammy slid it into place. She turns around and hands the baby carrier with the baby inside to Jeanette. Jeanette holds it with her things as Tammy gets by the driver, taking the handle of the carriage to slide it across the floor and out into the aisle.

"Ah..." the driver says as he takes the handle. Tammy nods at him as she takes the baby carrier from Jeanette and then the baby bag onto her shoulder. She follows the driver as he pulls the carriage behind him.

With a bit of a struggle, he takes the carriage down the steps of the limo-van and onto the sidewalk of the terminal. Tammy steps off after him, Jeanette after her. He gets back in his vehicle after Tammy takes the folded baby carriage and thanks him before he drives away.

"We do we have to go? Are there tickets?" Tammy asks Misao.  

"Just follow me." Misao tells her as she starts to walk away.

"*HMPH!*" Tammy responds as she waits to be last to walk into the terminal of the group.

A long walk led them past several Jet Blue and other regional carriers, taking them directly the passenger and luggage check area. Tammy breaks away from the group, though Jeanette follows her to the check-in aisle by the wall.

Tammy stops by the check-in aisle but not goes through it, making the TSA agents there to take notice. She goes through her hip pack and pulls out her wallet from inside.

Showing off her government identification and shield, she points it at them and tells them, "I need to speak to your supervisor."

They both look at her for a moment; one of them looks at the identification closer while the one of the other goes to get a supervising manager.

The agent looking at her identification, "How do I know this is real or not?"

"Arrest me and let see how fast you get fired." Tammy warns him. The agent blinks a couple of times as if trying to digest the statement Tammy gave her. "Now where is your supervisor? I need to speak with him and him alone." she says with the calm and coolness that belies the situation at hand as she folds up the wallet.

Less than half a minute passes when a white shirt-wearing agent wearing enough gold trim on his uniform to offset the Wall Street market prices, arrives. "Is that her?" he asks the lower ranking agent.

"Yes it is, sir." the TSA agent replies.

The managing supervisor walks up to Tammy. "What is the problem?" he asks in an annoyed tone.

She shows him her government identifications and shields, "I'm on a voyage on a private jet somewhere on this terminal and require passage without the needed search."

He looks at her identifications, flipping the sections on the wallet and the assorted identifications in it. It takes him a while to realize that she was legit.

"Are you carrying any weapons?" he asks her.

"Yes I am." as she puts away the wallet and hands him her handgun inside a clip-on holster. He gives the weapon a quick look and gives it back to her.

"Private jet?" he asks, and then says, "You sure this it the right airport? Teterboro handles private jets."

"It's a 737BBJ. I was told that it would be here. And I know a 737 is too big for Teterboro." Tammy explains.

"I see. Let me check." he says, taking a few steps to the TSA agents and taking a clipboard from them. He walks back to Tammy and Jeanette, "Look at that. There is a private jet here, a 737BBJ as you said. It's in Gate 332."

"Thank you for verifying that." Tammy tells her, and then turns to Jeanette, "You got that?"

"Gate 332. Got it." Jeanette tells her, trying to not look as stupid as possible.

"Is that a baby in there?" the supervisor points to the baby carrier.

"It's my daughter. She's three months old." Tammy answers as she hefts the carrier to show Francesca to him.

"She's a little cutie. Wait. You know that babies can't fly?" The supervisor says and asks.

"She can if they fly low and keep cabin pressure high. I'll be speaking to the pilots about it." Tammy answers.

"Looks like you know what to do then." the supervisor replies.

Tammy nods. She then asks, "Can we go through?"

"Oh sure." he says as he walks back and opens a gate for her to go through, closing it in front of Jeanette. Tammy turns to look at her for a second and then at the supervisor.

"She's with me." Tammy tells her.

"She is?" the supervisor says, and then opens the gate to allow her through it.

"She takes care of the baby while I'm out gathering intel." Tammy answers. She then hesitates, and throws in, "Oh. A couple of aisles down are a white mouse- her name is ‘Misao Sakimori', and a chipmunk named ‘Chip Maplewood.' They are co-workers who think they are above it all but they can't get by security like I did for they do not have the clearances to do so. So you see there is something wrong, right? Could you do me a favor and take them into a private room and tell them to strip naked for an open body cavity search. Don't actually search them, but enough to scare them. Put on the rubber gloves loudly as possible. They need to be put in their place, if you know what I mean."

The supervisor nods, "Anything else? Maybe have the boys escort you to the plane?"

"Thanks, but I think we can manage." Tammy tells her.

"Alright, then, consider it done." the supervisor replies.

"Thank you." Tammy tells him before heading off on her way. Jeanette tries to keep up with her.

"That is unnecessary!" Jeanette tells Tammy.

"Misao and Chip are not the leaders of this mission. It will be me. So follow as I say and do, and I can assure you will return with your tail intact. Follow them, and I can't guarantee your safety." Tammy tells her.

"But what about them? Won't they get into trouble?" Jeanette asks.

"If they cooperate, nothing will happen, if something does happen, I'll get them out if I have too. So don't worry." Tammy tells her as they make their way to the airplane at gate 332.

Misao and Chip were told to step out of the line they were on, causing a commotion. They were dragged in handcuffs to a private room. Making it worse was their attitudes; making the TSA security teams that were holding them think that they were actually guilty of something.

Tammy and Jeanette make it to the plane a full ten minutes before any of the others. There they discuss with the private aircraft stewardesses about where they want to sit, access to what facilities of the plane and other details. Along with their discussions, the stewardesses notice the baby carrier with the baby inside.

"Is that a baby in there?” The head stewardess asks.

"Yes, it's my daughter. Her name is Francesca and she's three months old." Tammy answers.

The other stewardesses look over each other to see the baby in the carrier seat.

"Babies are too young to fly in airplanes.” The head stewardess states with authority.

"It's safe as long as we don't fly over several tens of thousand feet or rise there too quickly. As long as the pressure of the cabin remains at sea level, she should be fine." Tammy explains.  

"And how do you know this?” The head stewardess asks.

"Blame it on Wikipedia and WedMD. Besides, babies flew on planes before the Jet Age, and even today they are allowed to fly as long as pilots take precaution on their flying altitudes and cabin pressure. All I have to do is show the captain of this plane the baby and he'll know what to do." Tammy explains.

"Alright. Besides one of the bedrooms in the back for the baby's needs, which seat do you want?” The head stewardess asks.

"I'll take the window seat by the starboard wing emergency exit. Oh, and I'll be breast-feeding her in about an hour, so I'll be using that bedroom for some privacy. The men coming soon are some real pervs." Tammy answers and explains as they begin to go down the aisle to the seats in question.

"We know how to deal with pervs. Don't we girls?” The head stewardess explains, followed by the stewardesses taking out their stun guns and show off the electrical arc in loud buzzing display.

"Good, you guys can drop the bastards that dare interrupt the feeding. I already warned them that if they do, I'm shooting them dead where they stand." Tammy asks.

"You got a gun?” The head stewardess asks as they arrive at their seats.

Tammy pulls out her wallet and shows the head stewardess her government ID, "I'm locked and loaded 24 – 7. Have to be. My husband and I lead such exciting and yet dangerous lives." She puts away the wallet after finishing her statement.

"Can I see your weapon?” The head stewardess asks.

"What for?" Tammy asks in return.

"Consider it a weapon's check” The head stewardess answers, pulling out and showing off her handgun, a 1911M1A in .38Super format. It looks like Fernando's gun but in a much smaller casing and frame. The other stewardesses also show off their weapons, mostly 1911M1As in the same .38Super format. The sight of so many guns in one place starts to make Jeanette edgy.

"How cute. Looks like Juanita's gun. Nine Millimeter?" Tammy says and asks, slowly pulling out her SiG P239, holding it out to the head stewardess by the barrel.

"I don't know who Juanita is, but that's nice weapon you have there. No, ours are government issued .38Super 1911s though in an Emergency we can squeeze 9 by 19s in them. Yours in 9 by 19?” The head stewardess asks as she takes and looks over Tammy's gun. She gives it back after a while.

"Juanita was my husband agent counterpart and best friend from high school. I took her place when we got married. And yes, they are 9 by 19s." Tammy explains.

"I see.” The head stewardess says, "Well, if you need us, the blue button on the arm rest will call us for your attention. So you say an hour for the baby's feeding?"

"Yeah, about an hour." Tammy answers, and then adds, "I'll need a little something myself, like a fruit salad or something like that."

"Allergic to anything?" the stewardess asks.

"No. But for the baby, I can't have peanuts, peppers, coffee and other things that can leech into the milk. Oh, and no strawberries. I'm banned from them for life because my husband is deathly allergic to them. He's so allergic, breathing strawberry scent will get him sick." Tammy explains.

"No problem then. I'll have one of the girls bring it over after we take off. Sit down and get comfortable. We should be taking off soon when everyone arrives.” The head stewardess explains.

"Thank you all." Tammy says before putting the baby seat onto the chair and starts to fasten the seat belt around it to fasten it in place. She points to the seat behind her, "You can sit there, Jeanette."

"Got it." Jeanette replies. She begins to put her things in the overhead bin, keeping an eye on the stewardesses go back to their post by the door. Once there, she turns to Tammy, "Tammy. Why do they have guns?"

"9/11 had something to do with it. I doubt Fernando would know which plane I would be on, especially if it's a private plane Misao got to put his agency staff members in it." Tammy explains, adding, "Those idiots better not do anything stupid unless they want to be shot at and thrown out from a cargo door at 36-thousand feet."

As both Tammy and Jeanette begin to sit down in their seats, Dale and Monty walk in.

"So, what you think happened to Chip O'boy?" Monty says louder than necessary.

"I don't know. He must have said the wrong thing to the wrong person and now he needs to tell off their bosses." Dale answers.

Tammy can't help but to hold her in laughter as best as she could, switching her attention to Francesca in the baby carrier in the window seat next to her. A voice interrupts her attention to the baby.

"I heard there is a baby on board." a husky male voice says leaning over her.

Tammy tries her best not to flinch or react defensively, turning around and looking up from her seat. A male grey mouse was there in pilot's uniform, his nametag giving him his rank of captain, Captain Tavarez.

"Yeah." Tammy finally answers, "It's my three month old daughter."

"I see. You know babies that young can't fly." Captain Tavarez mentions.

"They can if you fly this thing low and take to altitude slowly while keeping the cabin pressure constant at this pressure." Tammy tells him.

"Since you know, I'll see what I can do. But I'm going to let you know that there might be a problem when we fly over The Rockies, we may have to fly over those limitations." Captain Tavarez explains.

"I see. But I know you will do your best for my little girl." Tammy replies.

"I also heard that you are armed." Captain Tavarez explains and then says.

"I am. Care for a weapon's inspection?" Tammy says and asks.

"That won't be necessary. Since this is a light passenger load, I doubt we will be in a situation where it might be used. I already checked the passenger manifest, and know who you are and who you work for." Captain Tavarez tells her, adding as he looks at the other passengers, "I hope the others come soon. I can't have this plane parked all day long."

"Yeah. Francesca's feeding will be coming soon." Tammy throws in.

"Well, if you need anything, let the girls know. And maybe later in the flight you could bring the baby to the cockpit and show her to my co-pilot. She'll get a kick out of that." Captain Tavarez says to her.

Tammy just nods.

"Enjoy the flight." Captain Tavarez says before leaving for the cockpit.

As he walks into the cockpit and the door closes, Monty can be heard from his seat saying, "I wonder where is Gadget?"

"I don't know." Dale replies.

Jeanette leans around the back of Tammy's seat, asking, "What happened to Gadget? I don't remember her getting picked up by TSA."

"She probably got caught trying to sneak something in." Tammy replies.

"You got some pull, get her and the others out." Jeanette complains.

"I warned Misao that if Gadget or the others got caught trying to sneak something into the airport and the plane itself, that I will not help them in the least."

"But you got Misao and Chip caught up in a trap you set up as a joke to scare them!" Jeanette tells her.

"They would have been released by now if they did not have any contraband. It is apparent that they may have been caught carrying something into the airport." Tammy tells her in return.

"And how do you know this?" Jeanette asks.

"I've done it before with others. And they came out in a couple of minutes." Tammy answers.

"Then I'm going to find out what is going on." Jeanette tells her.

"Step out this plane and you will not be allowed back in." Tammy tells her in return. She turns around and unbuckles the seat belt around the baby seat carrier.

"And who are you to say that!" Jeanette holds back from yelling.

"I am this mission's leader. You care to dispute that, and then I am not responsible for what happens to you." Tammy says to her. She picks up the baby carrier and gets up. "You are to wait for me here." Soon she was stepping out of the plane after a brief explanation to the head stewardess about the situation of the passengers who are late.

Once on the waiting area, Tammy looks around for a TSA Agent to ask questions about the three passengers: Misao, Chip and Gadget. She finds the ones she met before where she entered through the checkpoint. Walking up to the supervisor she spoke with before, she asks to see those in the detention room by name. He takes her there, where more TSA agents were there in assorted duties. He leads her to a desk supervisor and tells her to speak with him. She takes out her identification and shows it to the desk supervisor.

"I believe you may have a few of my people in detention where, I am here to take them and their equipment with me." Tammy tells the desk supervisor.

The desk supervisor looks at the ID and then at Tammy before turning to the supervisor that brought her in. He nods at him in confirmation of Tammy's credentials and story.

"Who are these people you are referring too?" the desk supervisor asks.

"It's three: a white female mouse named Misao Sakimori, a male chipmunk named Chip Maplewood and a blonde female mouse named Gadget Hackwrench – she's married to Chip." Tammy explains.

The desk supervisor looks over a clipboard with a list of detainees on it, with assorted charges on the list with them. "Hmmm... These charges they face are serious." the desk supervisor says.

"I'm responsible for them and their actions and I will alert my agency of their stupidity. They will be punished accordingly, but right now I got a 737 wasting fuel on the tarmac." Tammy tells him with all seriousness of the situation.

"I see. Is that a baby in the carrier?" the desk supervisor asks.

"Yes it is. This mission was just given to me this morning that I could not prepare childcare for her in my absence so she's has to come with me." Tammy tells him, adding, "But that is none of your concern. Now where are my staff and crew and their belongings?"

The desk supervisor looks at her and then at the clipboard, crossing out the three names off the list before giving it a nearby agent. "I want those three and their belongings here and now."

The agent nods before taking other agents with him to the rear detention area. Meanwhile the desk supervisor tries to make conversation.

"So... what is this mission about?" the desk supervisor asks.

"You know better than to ask." Tammy answers, but adds, "It's an Intel Gathering mission for the president himself for an upcoming conference in Asia."

"I see." the desk supervisor says. Another minute the agents arrive with Misao, Chip and Gadget; their belongings are place in front of them. Chip and Misao were about to complain as the agents were handing out their things but Tammy tells them off outright.

"You three are to shut up and remain quiet until we arrive at the rendezvous mission point. And if I find out you spilled words of this mission to these people, it will be your heads hanging at the agency, not mine! So gather your things and let's get out of here in silence! The plane won't be waiting forever!" Tammy tells them in the most military way possible and then points to the door.

For now they leave the place quietly, though angered about the situation. It takes them a couple of minutes for them to get to the gate where the plane is, and enter the aircraft. The stewardesses welcome them as they walk in and take their seats. Tammy arrives in last telling the head stewardess, "Everyone's accounted for. Any time you guys are ready, we can take off."

"I'll alert the pilot of the situation. You should get back into your seat.” The head stewardess replies.

Tammy nods as she walks back to her seat. She notices that Misao had taken the seat across the aisle from Jeanette. She starts to put the baby carrier on the seat it was on before, fastening the seatbelt onto it to secure it into place. She then was taking her seat when Misao opens up her big mouth.

"I better not find out you were involved in that little stunt." Misao says from across the aisle.

Tammy turns around to face Misao, "What was that?"

Misao repeats herself, "I said ‘I better not find out you were involved in that little stunt.'"

"Let see. You were asked to step to the security office to answer a few questions and you decided to make a scene? And you wonder why you were detained, and searched, trying to blame it on me?" Tammy asks her sternly, adding, "Don't you think they would find that gun in your purse?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." Misao answers.

"We'll see about that." Tammy says as the sign bell gongs once and the ‘Fasten Seatbelts' sign turns on. The stewardesses immediately check that the seatbelts were being put on.

As the head stewardess checks on Tammy and the baby's seat belts, Tammy slips in a whisper, "When we're airborne, I need you to check on that white mouse's purse."

"Suspecting trouble?” The head stewardess asks.

"If you find something, take her to the back. I'll be there to ask her questions but I will need back up. Then I'll decide what to do with her if something is found." Tammy answers.

"Why not do it now?” The head stewardess asks.

"If we do it now, she could do something stupid. In flight, she won't dare." Tammy answers.

"OK. When should we do this?” The head stewardess asks.

"When I bend over to unfasten the baby carrier to take her back to breast feed her." Tammy answers, "This way I can deal with her first, and not later if she dares interrupt me."

"We'll do that then.” The head stewardess replies, "I'll let the others know and to keep an eye on you for the signal."

Tammy nods with a small smile.

Soon the airplane is being taken from the tarmac to the runway by the aircraft tow vehicle, and waits its turn with the other planes waiting to take off. With the runway cleared, the pilots get the ‘OK' to take off from the control tower. In a couple of minutes the 737BBJ is screaming down the runway, accelerating to take off speed of 130 miles per hour.

Instead of taking a steep incline to take off to altitude, the jet plane takes a more gradual ascend to an altitude that would be comfortable for the baby. In a couple of minutes, they are leaving the city limits and crossing the state lines, marking the start of their cross country and mid ocean crossing tour.

Once they enter level flight, the ‘Fasten Seatbelts' sign goes off, with everyone on board undoing their seatbelts. Tammy checks on Francesca, loosening the belts in the baby carrier and sees that she was asleep. The head stewardess checks on Tammy.

"How is the baby doing?” The head stewardess asks.

"She's doing fine. Her third jet plane ride and she's sleeping through it." Tammy answers.

"Good to hear.” The head stewardess replies, "If you need anything, just ask."

"I will." Tammy acknowledges.

Another ten minutes passes by and some 90+ miles had went passed underneath them, it was getting to be time to feed Francesca but first there was something else to do. Tammy bends over to the baby carrier and unfastens it from the seat belts to prepare her for feeding. A couple of stewardesses walk up to Misao.

"Excuse me miss, we need to check the contents of your purse." one of the stewardesses says.

"What for?" Misao asks.

"According to the passenger logs, though you were detained, you were not thoroughly checked at the passenger loading section." the other stewardess explains.

"Now kindly hand over your purse or we will detain you from leaving this plane when we arrive at our destination." the first stewardess tells her.

Misao just sits there crossing her arms, indignant of the request. The first stewardess takes out her gun, stepping away from Misao to give her a clear area to act upon.

"Alright Margie. Check the overhead bin. If she moves, I'm taking her down." The first stewardess orders. Two more stewardesses join them as Stewardess Margie removes Misao's purse and other carry-ons from the overhead bin. She takes them to the first bedroom in the rear of the plane.

The one of the other two grabs Misao by the wrist and shows a stun gun with her other hand, telling her, "Go follow your things." The other stewardess also has her handgun out aimed at her.

Misao gets up from her seat without a word and walks to the rear of the plane. Inside the first bedroom, the contents of her purse are poured onto the bed. Along with the typical ladies' accessories, two 9mm magazines and a Kal-Tec P11 9mm pistol were laying on top it the assorted items.

The Stewardess Margie picks up the Kal-Tec and inspects it, removing the magazine inside along with the chambered round. "My. Look at what we have here..." She says.

"I do not know how that got there!" Misao says out loud. The Head stewardess arrives in the room.

"Says here that you are Lantean. Well, your identification, credentials, licenses and permits have there are expired, unless you went for a civilian carry and a New York City and State carry permits only allows you to carry in New York City and State only. These licenses are not recognized elsewhere. I see no carry permits from any city or state here." the Stewardess Margie tells her.

Tammy walks into the room with the baby in arm and baby bag over her shoulder. "What's going on here?" she asks.

"You were right on your suspicions, she as carrying an unlicensed, unregistered firearm.” The head stewardess answers.

"You had something to do with this?" Misao holds back from yelling.

"Yes I did. And if you make my child cry, your broken and frozen body will be impacting some Tennessee cornfield from 25-thousand feet, so you need to be quiet and remain so for the rest of this flight and this mission." Tammy warns her. As she nods, the other stewardess next to her pulls out her stun gun and arcs it in front of Misao's face. Tammy continues, "I was also the one who called TSA on your scaly tail, but they were supposed to release you after a couple of questions. Their delay in releasing you meant something more was going on, and I told them to release you on my accord with everything you came in with. So I decided to do a check of my own with the stewardesses' help to find out why. Now I know why – you, who professed to me that I carrying a gun into the airport, would cause delay and confusion, but it was you who caused the delay and confusion with your weapon being found. You'll get your toy back when we reach Japan. Consider it confiscated until then. Go to your seat in total cooperation and silence. If I am to be interrupted from Francesca's feeding, I will drop you first and the stewardesses will be dropping you from the cargo hold of this plane regardless of who it is that does the interrupting. Got that!"

"Got it." Misao replies.

"Good. Now get to your seat before I forget I'm holding my baby in my arms." Tammy tells her.

One of the stewardesses grabs Misao by the arm and guides her forcibly out the room.

"Thank you girls. Pack up her crap and return everything to her except for her firearm and loaded magazines. I'll recover them later. I’ll be in the other bedroom feeding my child." Tammy says, trying not to make it sound like an order.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2020, 12:56pm

Chapter Four: Flight II

Tammy starts to walk away to the other bedroom, starting to unbutton her blouse. In under a minute she is in the other bedroom, sitting herself down on the bed. The front clasp of her bra gets undone from the pressure of her index finger against the clasp on her thumb and middle finger, and then one of the connecting straps is dropped against her. She pulls on the other strap, taking the bra cup off her breast before lifting Francesca into position. The baby latches her mouth onto her mother's nipple and begins suckling on it and taking in the nutritious milk being offered.

Tammy relaxes as her baby feeds on her, trying not to think about what happened or about anything else. This is bonding time for her. Bonding time with her daughter when she can. She lets out a quiet sigh.

"We live in interesting times, Francesca. Very interesting times." Tammy says to herself. The only answer she gets is baby continues suckling on her breast.

Francesca continues feeding for another 20 minutes as her mother holds her in a comfortable position. Then Tammy puts her over her shoulder to burp her but it is not required, as she was not bottle-fed. Breast-feeding does not allow air to be swallowed as a bottle would.

Looking at the size of the Queen-sized bed, Tammy puts Francesca on it as far back in the middle as she could reach. She then attends to herself in cleaning up and securing herself inside her bra and blouse.

Tammy lays back on the bed where Francesca was, laying on her side to face her baby. She reaches over and opens up the wrapping and baby blanket. Francesca stretches and kicks her legs as babies would. Reaching to her baby, she picks her up from the sides over her, exchanging baby looks and baby noises. For the next twenty minutes, she either holds her closely or put her high up in the air, one of the few rituals of parenthood of having fun with their child.

Though fun, it can be tiring too as Tammy puts the baby Francesca back on the middle of the bed and lays next to her in a semi fetal position. A knock on the door interrupts their fun, making Tammy go for her purse with her gun inside. The knock on the door repeats itself again.

"Miss Tammy." a voice on the door calls for her. It belongs to the stewardess from before.

"Is there something wrong?" Tammy asks as she slowly got up from the bed.

"No, but I brought you that fruit salad we spoke about earlier." The stewardess replies.

"Oh... Come in." Tammy says.

The stewardess comes in with a small bowl of fruit salad and plastic cutlery. She gives them to Tammy before sitting down by her.

"Can I hold the baby?" The stewardess asks.

"Just be very gentle with her." Tammy says before putting the fruit salad bowl to the side with its cutlery. She then picks up Francesca and gently hands her over to the stewardess.

"Don't worry, I got five of my own. My youngest about her age." The stewardess explains.

"Really?" Tammy asks, taking back the fruit bowl and cutlery, unwrapping the bowl to eat from it.

"Yeah, I gave birth to him over two and a half months." The stewardess answers, "They're so beautiful at this age."

"So you got five? How do you handle a job and family?" Tammy asks.

"The oldest is a boy, and then three girls and now a boy again, but while I'm away my mother takes care of the children." The stewardess explains.

"I wish my mother was alive. She would be happy to have a grandchild." Tammy says almost to herself.

"Don't dwell on it, and eat up. You need your strength to feed and care for this little bundle of joy. She's yours and no one can take her away from you, and you're not going to let them either." The stewardess tells her.

"Yeah, I guess so." Tammy says to herself.

Holding the baby in one arm, the stewardess reaches into her back pocket and pulls out her wallet, opening it up and leaves it between them. Tammy picks it up and looks at the identification inside.

"Government Agent: Nilah Tompkins?" Tammy says as she looks at the ID card at the see through panel.

"Fernando says that he loves you, and Jeanie says that she will pick you and only you with the baby at the port to take you to the emperor's palace. Everyone else is on their own. You have the proof of the emperor's blade?" Nihah explains and asks.

"I got it hidden somewhere. But how is this possible?" Tammy asks.

"Just because Fernando is in South America does not mean that he can make a few phone calls to ensure your safety. Misao's plane was filled with a few assholes we had to take care of. I'm sure they would have done something to you and the baby. So welcome to the Baby Panda." Nilah explains.

"The Baby Panda?" Tammy asks.

"Jeanie's plane. The one you were on before was the Giant Panda almost a year ago. Everything was explained to us." Nilah answers.

"And everyone?" Tammy asks.

"All the crew are agency members except for the pilots, they are of Jeanie's crew. We are all here for you. And on the USS Ronald Reagan, the ship will be nothing but agency member teams running the show." Nilah answers.

"Oh god. How deep is he in this mission?" Tammy says to herself.

"Deep." Nilah answers.

"How deep?" Tammy asks.

"Let me put it this way. Fernando had a friend who was a Viet Nam vet during the '59-'63..." Nilah begins.

"We were not at war with Viet Nam until 1963!" Tammy says, holding back from getting too loud.

"The United States sent ‘Military Advisors' in Viet Nam to train their armies in guerrilla warfare and terrorism. Fernando's friend was one of those military advisors and was sent home when the USA Marines engaged war on them. His friend believes that the US lost the war due to the training the military advisors gave the Vietnamese. That is how the Viet Man War started from 1959 to 1975 instead of 1963 to 1972, as some would lead you to believe. Considering how deep that friend of his was in that mission, your husband is in that deep if not deeper and all of us involved are in as deep for your protection." Nilah explains.

Tammy could only sit there with her jaw open.

"A lot is riding on you and Fernando, the blood and flesh of a god as the Japanese people revere their emperor is just a small part of it. The newly elected president of the unified Korea, the President of the United States and the Chinese Prime Minister will be there. Rumors say that the Russian Prime Minister might be there too. That is a lot of VIPs there for a simple treaty signing. Misao's plans of trying to eliminate The Triads and The Yaccusa are a ploy to elevate herself into power. Everyone knows that Misao has been vying for the emperor's throne ever since she had rescued them tens of thousands of years ago. It is the Atlanteans who sent their leader to her for negotiations which created the nation of Japan, and Misao's been pissed because she believes that power belongs to her." Nilah explains.

"So why don't we arrest her now?" Tammy asks.

"Innocent until proven guilty. We can't act until she makes her move." Nilah answers.

"I see. And by then it might be too late." Tammy replies.

"It would be cutting it close. But we are prepared for every contingent possible." Nilah responds.

Tammy looks down at her fruit bowl.

"You need to eat all that. You're eating for two, you know" Nilah tells her.

"I know." Tammy replies, and then starts to finish off the fruit salad. She puts down the fruit bowl down between them and reaches over to get the baby.

Nilah hands the baby to Tammy and then gathers the bowl with the cutlery inside. "I'll see you in a few minutes at your seat, there's some rough weather up ahead. Better to be fastened down during the turbulence." she explains to her.

"I'll be there in a few. Could you send another bowl of that fruit salad when I sit down?" Tammy says and asks.

"Two bowls of fruit salad? You must be hungry." Nilah teases.

"You know I'm eating for two." Tammy says as she wraps up the baby and puts her back in the baby carrier.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do. But it will have to be after we pass through the storm." Nihal says with a smile before leaving.

Tammy gets the baby secured in her carrier and carries it to her seat. She then secures the seatbelt to the baby carrier before taking the other seat and putting on the seatbelt on herself.

In another minute the 'Fasten Your Seatbelts' panel lights up with the pilot taking the microphone to alert everyone on the plane, "Attention all passengers. We will be heading through some rough weather ahead and will be experiencing some heavy turbulence. For your safety, please fasten your seatbelts for the duration of this storm."

Of course, Chip does not heed this warning and calls the others 'chicken' because the ride feels so smooth now and the airplane is so big that is can handle the rough winds. But a 737BBJ is no 747, an Airbus 380 or Aivant 255 and even these planes have more trouble with turbulence because of their immense sizes.

In a couple of minutes the plane gets hit with an uppercut of a windblast, making it buck up and down. Chip holds on to his seat's arm rests as he bounces off his seat. It gets worse as the plane begins to yaw, plastering Chip's face to the window. As far as he can see in the darkness of the storm, he sees the rain hitting the plane in buckets and the winds sweeping the water off the wings and glass. Lightning adds to the effect, showing a tornado in the background hundreds of miles away, making him turn into a chicken.

Another half hour of this wild ride, the plane leaves the storm area. Outside miles away there floats a rainbow ring to either side of the plane. Tammy takes her digital camera and takes a picture of the one on her side. Francesca seems to be enjoying the ride in her sleep. Tammy lets out a yawn before adjusting her seat back a bit. Being more tired than she would admit, she falls asleep into a light nap without intending too.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2020, 1:10pm

Chapter Five: Memories of Birth

Almost a year before…

In the meeting room of the SWA, Tammy sits with Priscilla and Ferro with Marco nearby. She has not been feeling well in these past days, thinking it's a stomach virus or a light case of food poisoning because she has not been able to hold down food. The meeting being done so early in the morning a breakfast was part of the meeting.

The meeting itself was on the arrest of the one of Padania's biggest supporter, his transfer to the court for arraignment and their protection of him during this transfer. Tammy and Bink were assigned to be in the vehicle behind the police escort as details to this mission are given out.

Not feeling well, Tammy gets up and out of her seat and makes her way into the hallway, forgetting where the women's bathroom is. She looks around looking for the bathroom, and then staggers against the wall and empties the content of her stomach not far from the meeting room. Priscilla and Ferro had stepped out to follow her, watching her throwing up. Ferro runs back into the room to alert Chief Lorenzo as to what had happened. Marco steps out to give what aide he could. In a few minutes Tammy was in the SWA medical center being given a battery of test.

She sits on the examination table after being allowed to put her clothes back on and have Marco, Ferro, Olga and Priscilla in the examination room with her. Dr. Bianchi walks into the room with a clipboard in his hands, scratching his head. He stops at in front of her.

"All tests shows that you're not sick, Tammy." Dr. Bianchi tells her.

"Then what's going on?" Tammy asks.

"You're pregnant." Dr. Bianchi answers.

Marco and Ferro look at her in bemusement, while Olga shakes her head, as Priscilla leans over and hugs her in a headlock against her face. Tammy tries to push her off but does not have the strength to do so. Marco asks the question that Tammy should have.

"How far is she into the pregnancy?" Marco asks.

Dr. Bianchi looks at his chart, "About three months."

"Three months...?" Marco asks as he counts on his fingers.

Ferro lets out the information before he could, "That would be at the end of the last major mission when ‘he' was here."

"Pregnant?" Tammy asks quietly.

Priscilla hugs Tammy tighter, "Tammy's going to be a mommy!!!"

-Two months later – SWA Cafeteria-

Tammy sits down at the cafeteria with a tray of food for breakfast, with Ferro, Olga, Priscilla and Marco arriving at her table.

"How's the young mother to be?" Marco asks.

"Could be better." Tammy answers.

"You're beginning to show your baby bump. Are you eating correctly? You should have been showing last month." Priscilla says.

"Well, my clothes were getting tighter last month so I bought some loose clothing so things would not be so tight. Dr. Bianchi says that everything is going along fine." Tammy explains.

"You sure? You're kinda small." Priscilla asks.

"She's not eating enough. In Russia pregnant women are made to eat more to have big babies." Olga lets out.

"I'm a squirrel, not an elephant!" Tammy lets out.

"So when is it due?" Ferro asks.

"Between July and August." Tammy answers.

"A summer baby? Great! You'll be in a bikini in no time!" Priscilla lets out.

"I swear, Priscilla. It’s like you're having the baby!" Tammy tells her.

"I would, if I found Mr. Right by now." Priscilla answers, and then asks, "When did you know he would be the one?"

"When does anyone know? It just happens." Tammy answers.

"At least you two are married." Olga lets out.

"What do you mean by that?" Tammy asks.

"Just that. You two are married. He can help out with the baby, while you work for us." Olga answers.

"And Bink can help out with the baby too!" Priscilla lets out. Ferro and Marco let out a groan and shake their heads. "What?" Priscilla asks.

"A cyborg taking care of a baby? Think about it Priscilla, they are a bit rough handed." Marco explains.

"Only Claes might be able to help out due to her gentle handing, but that is not her responsibility." Ferro adds.

"Besides, I doubt I will be able to live here with the baby." Tammy asks.

"Why not?" Priscilla asks.

"Aint it obvious?" both Marco and Ferro asks at the same time.

"No..." Priscilla answers them.

"A baby in a dorm is not going to work out, Priscilla." Olga tells her.

"Yeah." Tammy adds, "2AM feedings, diaper disposal, bathing, baby food, there are a lot of things a baby needs that can't be done here!"

"I think it’s possible. It will have all us aunts and uncles to help out..." Priscilla says.

"PRISCILLA!!!" they all yell at her.

-Two months later - in the safe house near Rome-

Tammy sitting against Fernando on the sofa bed opened into its bed configuration. Hondo walks in with Valentine, both carrying bags of groceries and food.

"We got you those things you wanted, Tammy." Hondo says as he and Valentine put away the food.

"Thank you." Tammy says.

"How's the father to be?" Hondo asks, expecting for Fernando to answer.

"He's sleeping. Passed out about a half hour ago." Tammy says for him.

"Maybe you should wake him." Hondo says.

"Oh no. He needs his rest, and I have been more than demanding on him all day." Tammy says.

"Well then. I think Val and I will be out for a while. If you need me to make you anything, let me know now." Hondo tells her.

"Thank you, but I don't need anything now. I'll wake up Fernando if I need anything." Tammy replies.

"Alright then. We'll be back. You two take care." Hondo says before taking Valentine out the door.

Tammy just remains there somewhere between sitting and lying against Fernando. She tests his arms at the wrist to see if she can take them off her just in case she has to take care of personal needs or answer the door, finding them limp enough for her to make her escape if necessary. She decides to take care of personal business at the bathroom while she has the chance to escape.

Once she is done, she steps out to the living room area. She looks down putting her hands on her bulging stomach where the baby was in her.

"I'm just glad this is only temporary. Two more months and it will be your birthday little one. And after that I will be able to see my feet again."

Tammy walks to the door after hearing a familiar knock on it. Priscilla, Ferro, Olga and Marco were there, all carrying large bundles and packages as they walked in.

"So where is you no good lazy husband?" Priscilla complains.

"On the sofa bed, sleeping." Tammy holds back from giggling.

"Why I ought to..." Priscilla starts complains.

"Let him sleep. It's my fault waking him up every half hour asking for something for my cravings." Tammy tells her.

"Every half hour?" Priscilla asks.

"Whatever it is, it has to be small." Tammy answers.

"Like what, pray tell." Olga lets out.

"Like those little cups of macaroni and cheese custards with anchovies he spent all night making for me." Tammy replies. Everyone but Olga was nauseated at the idea.  

"Hmmm… Anchovies? Sounds to me you are on a salt craving." Olga says, "You should try smoked salmon."

"I use that on the mashed potatoes and chocolate. And the salted cod from Puerto Rico in potato salad." Tammy explains.

"No Sardines?" Priscilla almost teases.

"Fernando usually eats them before I could. Something about Sardine and onion sandwiches." Tammy says.

"No calamari?" Ferro throws in.

"On pizza with yogurt." Tammy replies, leading them into the house.

They find Fernando sleeping on the open sofa bed.

"Of all the lazy..." Priscilla complains.

"Come on, Priscilla. I said he was exhausted." Tammy explains.

"We got you a few baby things." Ferro tries to change the subject as Tammy gets sofa bed and leans against Fernando.  

"And some normal food..." Marco adds as Tammy takes Fernando's arms and wraps it around her.

"Do as you like but make Fernando a roast beef sandwich." Tammy tells him.

"What about you?" Marco asks.

"I'm fine for now." Tammy answers.

"So, Tammy. You want to give birth in Italy or the U.S.?" Ferro asks.

"The U.S., so he or she won't have issues with dual citizenship." Tammy answers.

"You're getting close to your due date." Ferro almost warns.

"Yeah, what if you give birth prematurely?" Priscilla asks.

"The doctor says I'm fine and should deliver on time." Tammy answers.

-One month and Two weeks later – St. Lorenzo's Hospital, Rome, 8PM-

"Hurry Marco! *Pant!* *Pant!* *Pant!*" Tammy lets out in the passenger seat of his Ferrari/Fiat 612.

"We're almost there..." Marco tries to reassure her.

He then turns into a parking area and stops in the ambulance bay of the hospital. Marco gets out of the car and runs into the hospital, bringing back a gurney and hospital staff. Tammy is helped onto the gurney and brought into the hospital emergency ward.

Marco remains by his car looking at the damage of the leather car seat Tammy was in from her water breaking. "Fernando owes me big time..." he says to himself.

A female member of the hospital staff steps out to Marco with a clipboard and pen in hand.

"Sir. I will need some information about your wife..." the female hospital staff member is about to ask.

"That is not my wife." Marco tells her before she could finish.

"Sir?" the female hospital staff asks.

"She is my friend and coworker. Her husband is in America at the moment and they did not expect her to deliver for another two or three weeks." Marco explains.

"Oh. OK. Would you know her personal information?" the female hospital staff asks.

"Give me the form and I'll fill it out to the best of my knowledge." Marco says to her.

The female hospital worker gives him the clipboard, "So her husband is in America?"

"They are both Americans, working in Italy and around the world." Marco tells her as he fills the forms.

"I see. That means the baby will have a dual citizenship." the female hospital worker says almost to herself.

"I see no problem with that. Now is she still delivering?" Marco says and asks.

"I'll let you know when it’s over. Deliveries are difficult to say at times. I'll go check on her." the hospital worker says. "I'll be back for the forms when I return." she says as walks into the ambulance bay.

Soon the ambulance bay fills up with a 2005 yellow VW Beetle, a 1960 Ferrari Dino and a 2008 Mercedes 750SEL station wagon. Ferro, Priscilla, Olga, Hillshire, and Chief Lorenzo all step out and around Marco. Of them all, Chief Lorenzo speaks out first.

"How is she doing?" Chief Lorenzo asks.

"I would not know, I just got her here a few minutes ago and they took her in." Marco explains.

"So what happened?" Ferro asks.

"I was about to take her to the airport and she went into contractions then her water broke and I sent her here." Marco explains.

"Her water broke where?" Hillshire ask and grimaces.

"In the front seat." Marco lets out.

The female hospital worker steps out and looks at everyone. "These cars cannot be here. Move them or I'll get them towed, except for you" she tells them and points at Marco.

Everyone looks at each other and Priscilla gets into her VW Bug, Ferro into the Dino, and Victor gets into the Mercedes station wagon. They move their cars into the staff parking lot and return on foot to the ambulance bay. Marco has the female hospital worker wait with the news until the others arrive. She looks over the information on the forms Marco returns to her.

The female hospital worker counts those who have returned from putting away the cars, and then at Marco who gives a nod. "Before I give out any news, who are you people?" She asks.

Chief Lorenzo steps forward, "We are part of the SWA, and I am her supervisor, and they are her co-workers."

"I thought he said she and her husband work around the world." the female hospital worker tells him, pointing to Marco.

"And she does, with her husband. They are part of the church's charity network." Chief Lorenzo explains.

"So, what does church charity work has to do with the Social Work Agency?" the female hospital worker asks.

"They help us with donations and connect those in need of our services with our doctors." Chief Lorenzo explains.

"I see." the female hospital worker says. She then looks at them all before telling them, "She is still in labor. I would recommend you all return in the morning, except for you." She then points to Marco. "I'll get a crew to get your car cleaned out. Maybe you can contact her husband and tell him what has transpired while we clean out your vehicle."

Marco could only nod slightly.

The following day the crew comes back to a private room, finding Marco sleeping in a visitor's chair. Tammy was in her bed holding the baby wrapped in a fleece blanket in her arms. They all stand around the bed.

"How are you doing, Tammy?" Chief Lorenzo asks.

"Better than yesterday." Tammy answers.

"So this is the little trouble maker that causes all the problems yesterday?" Priscilla teases as she reaches to the baby.

Tammy pulls the baby away from her reach, and smacks her hand lightly, "She's no little trouble maker. Every birth is different and hers was no problem for me."

"What time was she born?" Ferro asks.

"She came to this world at around 8:45PM." Tammy answers with a sigh.

"She, so it's a girl?" Chief Lorenzo asks.

Tammy just nods.

"So, what's her name?" Chief Lorenzo asks.

"Francesca..." Tammy begins to say.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2020, 1:20pm

Chapter Six: Flight III

"Ms Squirrel?" a voice is heard with a semi hard shove to wake her.

"Huh?" Tammy finally wakes up, "What's going on?"

"We passed through the storm, and I have this for you too." the stewardess says, waving a plastic wrapped bowl of fruit salad in front of her.

"Oh." Tammy says, "Wait!" She checks on her baby, finding Francesca sleeping. Tammy releases a deep-seated sigh before turning the stewardess and taking the fruit salad bowl, "Thank you." Then she turns to see the others, finding Chip passed out and hung over his armrest. "What happened to him?" she then asks.

"He did not fasten his seatbelt and banged his head on the overhead bin during the storm. He'll be fine." the stewardess answers.

"Oh. I see." Tammy replies.

"Ignore him and enjoy the snack. Lunch will be served in about an hour." the stewardess tells her.

Tammy nods before opening the plastic wrapped spork and the fruit salad bowl itself. She begins to eat her snack. Gadget makes her way from her seat on the other aisle behind Tammy to the window seat next to Jeanette. She climbs on top of Francesca's seat.

"Tammy?" Gadget quietly calls to her.

Tammy looks around and then up over Francesca's seat, finding Gadget propped over the top of the seat. "Yes Gadget?" Tammy asks.

"Well... If you get a chance, can we talk in private?" Gadget asks in return.

"Alright. After I have this snack." Tammy answers.

"OK." Gadget replies. She continues to stay above looking down at Tammy and her baby.

Tammy looks up at her, "I can't eat if you're looking down at me. How about you sit down in your seat and relax for a few minutes."

"I don't mind." Gadget replies.

"Gadget, sit down or we won't have our little talk in private." Tammy tells her in an almost demanding tone.

"Oh..." Gadget says before disappearing in her seat behind them.

In a couple of minutes, Tammy is done with the fruit salad, pressing the blue button to call for the stewardess. She arrives in a few seconds, taking the fruit bowl and answering Tammy's question about using the free room in the back positively.

Tammy undoes the seatbelt from the baby carrier and takes it with Francesca inside with the baby bag over her shoulder. She signals for Gadget to follow her. They walk into the bedroom Tammy used to breast feed Francesca, placing the baby carrier on the bed behind her.

"Alright Gadget. What do you want to tell me?" Tammy asks.

"Well. Thank you for saving us back in the airport." Gadget starts to say.

"That's it?" Tammy asks.

"No. There's more." Gadget answers.

"Well, and then say it." Tammy says.

"It should be nothing, but in the jail cell, Misao said that she would get even with you for having her arrested." Gadget replies.

"Let me ease your mind, Gadget. Misao got busted for carrying an illegal firearm into the airport. That is why she was arrested and I told her so and proved it by finding her gun in her purse. Right now that gun is confiscated." Tammy tells her.

"There were other things she said." Gadget replies.

"Like what?" Tammy asks.

"At home, well, my home, she said that you would be arrested in Japan when we get there because she says that she rules the Atlanteans there." Gadget explains.

"That is what she said?" Tammy asks. Gadget nods. "Well then. Misao is going to learn that saviors of the Atlanteans or not, I will not abide to that kind of abuse of power. Furthermore, any threat to me is a threat to my daughter." Tammy continues. She then goes to a nearby intercom phone and picks it up. "Hello? Yes. Bring that rat Misao to the room again, and arm yourselves when you do. Thank you." Tammy says on the phone. She then looks at Gadget, "Come with me."

Tammy picks up the baby carrier and opens the room to step into the room. Gadget follows her as she steps into another bedroom on the plane. In a few seconds the stewardesses arrive with Misao.

"What is the meaning of intrusion on my person?" Misao complains.

"I verified a statement you made about having me detained in Japan because you think, no, make that you believe, that you have some sort of leadership and power of control over the law and the land of this sovereign nation. I will tell you this much – make a threat against me and it's a threat against my baby daughter. Threaten my baby daughter and Fernando will have you killed. Period. So don't play games with me." Tammy tells her.

Misao looks at Gadget for a moment and was about to answer, but Tammy interrupts her.

"Don't look at her. She is not the source of my information. You keep forgetting who I'm married too – a Time Traveler who is without limits in his abilities. Just because you stole some of his technology does not give you his powers. Have me arrested, he will know about it. I will be freed in a nanosecond and you will be sorry for what you did to me. You better hope and pray that he gets you because he will leave you in the time of the dinosaurs. At least you will be alive. I will have you killed if you threaten my daughter's well being." Tammy tells her.

"I don't believe you. If I am to die, I will die on a certain day on a certain time." Misao replies.

"No. You got that wrong. You will be found dead on a certain time on a certain day. How you get there is a matter for you to concern yourself with because you do not know what will be your demise when you are found no longer of this living realm. Cause ill will to me and my child, and I will be the cause of your demise. Got that!" Tammy holds back from yelling.

Misao can only give her a scowl.

"One more thing, Misao." Tammy tells her.

"What." Misao replies in disgust.

"If you are such a leader to the Atlanteans in Japan, why is it they have cult of personality for my husband?" Tammy tells her in asking.

Misao could not answer, letting a release of her pent up breath be her answer.

"You do not know who you are dealing with, so back off before you end up on charges from the Highest Time Lords to the Lowliest Chieftain of Micronesia. If you don't believe me, try me." Tammy tells her.

"Will that be all?" Misao asks in a pissed off tone.

"For now. And you better behave." Tammy answers. She nods to the stewardesses who take Misao back to her seat. Only Gadget remains in the room with her.

"Anything else Gadget?" Tammy asks.

"Nothing else. I think. I thanked you and told you about Misao and I think that's it." Gadget answers.

"Alright then. Go back to your seat and enjoy the flight. I got to check the baby's diaper." Tammy says.

"Uhmmm..." Gadget started to say something.

"My baby needs some privacy. Besides, you need to order your lunch soon. Want to miss lunch?" Tammy says and asks.

"Oh no… I can't miss lunch!" Gadget says before leaving the room.

"I thought she would never leave." Tammy says to herself as the door closes behind Gadget. Then she turns to the baby carrier and takes Francesca out, putting her on the bed.

Tammy unwraps the baby from its blanket. She checks on her diaper, finding it to be clean. She playfully teases with Francesca, "You haven't gone yet? You're a good girl but you need to go sometimes." Francesca giggles for a bit.

Tammy thinks, though babies tend to go at random times, there is a pattern to the diaper changes, and for now she cannot figure it out. She decides to give the baby a couple of minutes of attention before wrapping her up again and putting her in the baby carrier.

Back at her seat, Tammy fastens the seatbelt onto the baby carrier. The stewardess arrives to ask her what she would like for lunch, handing Tammy a menu. She decides for a roast beef sandwich with some a soda and some coleslaw on the side. She also notifies the stewardess that after her meal, it would be the baby's turn to be breast-fed.

After lunch Tammy gets up with the baby carrier to the back bedroom to breast-feed her baby. It only takes twenty minutes for her to feed Francesca, and another few more minutes to change her diaper, Tammy heads to the rear of the plane to bathroom and shower area where she cleans up the dirty diaper. She heads back to her seat and secures Francesca's baby carrier to her chair. There was not much to do except rest, sleep and take care of the baby.

In another two hours they were landing at Los Angeles International Airport for refueling.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2020, 1:31pm

Chapter Seven: Pearl Harbor

Refueling takes an hour, allowing Tammy to take care some more of the baby's needs. Soon they were taking off for Honolulu Airport in Hawaii. The flight would last another three hours, two baby feedings, one diaper change, three snacks and one last meal. Though to their bodies it was early evening, it was early afternoon when they landed because they followed the sun in its westerly path to the sunset.  

Tammy wonders how the difference in time zones would affect the baby, but finds Francesca asleep in the baby carrier. As they head into the Airport Terminal, they gather around in the lobby. Though Tammy remains quiet, the others discuss how to get to Pearl Harbor. Taking Jeanette by the arm, Tammy leads her out of the airport and to the taxi stand outside. One of the drivers walks up to her.

"Where would you like to go, Miss?" the driver asks.

"How much to get to Pearl Harbor Naval Base?" Tammy asks.

"They'll be closed to visitors by the time we get there." the taxi driver answers.

"I'm not going to the visitor's center. I'm going to see my husband before he gets on the USS Ronald Reagan." Tammy explains.

"What is his position on the ship?" the driver asks.

"Well, if you want to know, he's a Naval Pilot flying F22s." Tammy says as she steps to his cab.

"A flyboy, eh?" the driver says almost to himself.

"He's a major and over sees the other pilots of the flight group Alpha." Tammy says, adding, "How much to take me, my baby, my friend and our things there?"

"Hmmm… I'll take you there for free, but you have to pay for the ferry, It's $40." the driver answers.

"Uhmm... why free?" Tammy asks.

"It's free to take Naval personal and their families to the base because they will pay for the trip, except for the ferry." the driver answers, opening the door and trunk for them.

Jeanette and Tammy put their bags into the trunk and get into the rear passenger section of the car. Leaving the others behind, they make their way to Pearl Harbor.

The drive and ferry ride takes another two hours for them to get to Pearl Harbor Naval base. A tollgate officer comes to the rear of the cab to talk to the passengers and verify their business at the base. Tammy takes out her government ID and explains that she is to arrive on the USS Ronald Reagan. After a phone call to the ship's chief petty officer to verify the information, the tollgate opens and they are allowed to enter the base with an escort to the ship.

The captain, chief petty officer, and a couple of service men were there to greet them. The service men gather their things and take them to their rooms as Tammy spoke with the captain and chief petty officer.  

"Where are the others?" the captain asks.

"Back at the airport arguing about petty things. When are we leaving for Japan?" Tammy answers and asks.

"In a couple of days as we stock up on fuel and provisions." the captain answers.

"Speaking of provisions, I need a few special things, for the baby." Tammy starts to say.

"If you need anything just ask my chief petty officer. He'll make sure you and the baby are comfortable." the captain says, and then adds, "The rest of your crew better get here before lock down or we leave."

"You can leave without them as far as I care." Tammy comments.

"Problems with your crew?" the captain asks.

"Let’s put it this way. The men would like nothing more than hang out with their old friend Captain Ranger Ready on the USS Enterprise. They can stay there all they like as far as I am concerned. Then there is Misao and Gadget..." Tammy begins to explain.

"We know about Misao. We have a nice cold metal brig to put her in if she misbehaves. And we know Gadget can be a handful as well, but we know how to handle her. Any questions?" the captain explains.

"Captain, sir. Why are we doing this trip in three weeks when it should take longer?" Tammy asks.

"It's a shakedown cruise for the ships and their crew, and a new reactor for the Enterprise. And we'll be meeting the president at Midway as well. It will take us a few days to get to Japan but our mission will be much longer." the captain answers.

"Alright. I need to take care of a few baby things and I'll be in the galley before retiring." Tammy says, "Jeanette, let’s go."

Though not liking to be ordered around, Jeanette follows Tammy into the coning tower and into the bowels of the ship to their rooms, escorted by the Chief Petty Officer.

As far as Misao and the other rangers are concerned, they arrive at the naval base in the late afternoon of the following day. The men were separated from the women and taken on board the USS Enterprise. The women were taken on board the USS Ronald Reagan where they meet Tammy and Jeanette.

"And where were you two?" Misao asks in a pissed off tone.

"We were here since yesterday, leaving after seeing you arguing with the others about where to go. If we are on a mission, you need to be where you have to report too, and that is here. So explain your absence." Tammy tells her.

"We were in a hotel for the night to rest up and figure out where to go." Misao tells her.

"If you knew any better, the taxi cabs would have taken you here directly and for free. Then you would have rested here and had dinner with the captains and the three fleet admirals." Tammy explains.

"I'm sure it was nice." Misao tries to send her away.

"Don't kid yourself, Misao. You have already spent a couple of thousands of dollars while Jeanette and I have not spent a dime. Now talk to the chief petty officer and unpack in your room. The baby and I will be up on the deck with one of the captains before retiring to the galley and taking care of the baby's needs." Tammy tells her. She signals to Jeanette to follow her.

Gadget leaves with them but ends up going to her room to unpack to meet with them later in the galley. Tammy and Jeanette stay up on the deck being given a tour by one of the female pilots of the ship. After the tour, they were on deck chairs on the back of the coning tower enjoying some refreshments.

They learn the routines of the ship and understand where the safe areas are. Tammy meets up with the chief laundry specialist after dinner to talk about the dirty diapers Francesca has been creating. He agrees to wash them after Tammy has taken care of the mess and has stacked them during the day, showing her that the ship uses a combination of anti-bacterial detergent and assorted fabric softeners to get the crew's clothing soft, fresh and clean. He gives Tammy two mesh laundry bags to put her and the baby's things in to be washed inside of. She arrives a half-hour later with a few baby things for him to try to wash and dry. An hour later she returns with the baby to see the results. Though not perfect, they were passable for the baby to use. He explains that he has to wash the baby's things with a few hundred other items from the enlisted personnel of the ship and that is how it's going to be. Tammy accepts the results, telling him that she will return the next day with more baby things.

The following day the escort ships head out of the harbor, followed by the USS Enterprise. The USS Gerald Ford follows hours later with the USS Ronal Reagan following last. In six hours they were out to sea, reforming their formation and then heading out west.

Sleep was easy as the ships flowed smoothly through the Pacific Ocean, the meals were always on time, and the ship's chef was accommodating to Tammy's needs. There were drills to watch and partake in, and aircraft of all shapes and sizes took off and landed on the ship's deck. Mail and other supplies were always being delivered on a daily basis. The ship's pilots and flight crews were practicing and doing patrols. Along the way the carrier group met up with submarines to deliver their supplies and pick up reports. It was anything but a lazy cruise for them as there was something to do.

Every few days Tammy would take Francesca to the ship's medical ward for her check up and vaccines that was already there for her. Of course the vaccines would make Francesca sick and cranky for a couple of days, but between Tammy and the ship's main doctor, she was made comfortable as possible. Her medical file was constantly updated with each exam.

Tammy was able to communicate with Fernando and Bink over the ship's Internet. A brief stop-over in Guam gave a restless crew gets a break they deserve.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 32