Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:11am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Gunslinger Bink II: Acorns & Ergot. (Read 104122 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Gunslinger Bink II: Acorns & Ergot.
Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:20pm

- Since GsB II is going to be deleted from the Cafe Story boards, I an going to restart it here. I just need to get the files and convert them over to this format. Also, those involved has to be invited over here. so that they can continue in the action once the transfer is done...

Just give me a week to get it together.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: Gunslinger Bink II: Acorns & Ergot.
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2007, 12:03pm

ok, Good! I'll keep an eye in. when you get the transfer done, I'll get the invites goin'

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:00pm

Here goes nothing...
The next (I Hope!) 15 posts will be the 15 pages extracted from the GsB II thread.

Later on, I am including the archive of the orginal posts here, so all involved can see the slight changes I have made (IE; Spelling corrections). Other than that, nothing was changed.

Lets see how this goes... and if it works, restart GsB II from here!

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:12pm

Page 1
--------------------------------------------------
Fernando
- - - - -
Gunslinger Bink II

Six Months Later.
In a small Southern Italian town by the lake with the same name of Nemi, two young female squirrels are were pulled out from a fancy sports car from a near watery grave. One was in her early 20’s, red haired; the other, blonde, about 1/2 the age of the first. They share many traits, and as documents found at the scene say- sisters. Among other things found in the documentation, two cards: each with different phone numbers, one was an American phone number.

The local law and public safety authorities call the American number first. The phone rings for several rings, before a sleepy voice answers.

"Hello? I hope who ever you are, that you know it is 3 in the morning here.", the voice says.
"Pardon the intrusion, sir. We found this number and would like you to answer some questions for us.", a voice says with a very thick Italian accent.
"Oh, you better not be some telemarketer- I am going to kill you if you are!", is given in a semi angered tone.
"My apologies. We are with Nemi Law and Public Safety... I am Officer Povucci"
"Nemi?"
"Nemi... Italy."
"What happened to Tammy?"
"So you do know Miss Squirrel?... Can I ask if you know what she is doing in Italy?"
"She just moved over there to be with family. What happed to her?"
"We pulled her sports car out from the town lake, they were barely alive when found. They are alive, but we need more information on them, family history, friends, her job... would you know any of this information?"
"I know that their mother married some wealthy Italian over a year ago, and about 1/2 a year later they were murdered. I was with Tammy trying to get her sister, Bink, back from the Social Work Agency who took care of her, but they thought the young girl had no family. It took a long time, but both sisters were reunited and since then have been living in Italy."
"And who are you?"
"Me? I am Fernando, a friend of the family. I work for the World Organization of Rescue Rangers as Emergency Medical Support and Logistics."
"I See. Is there anyway way for you to come here and identify them?"
"Are they dead?"
"They are not dead. How do you Americans say- They are in a coma. The doctor says that they are improving."
"I will be there with my team tomarrow morning. Could you FAX me the information? Same number, just let the number ring until the fax machine in this end pick up."
"I can send you the information..."
"Have you called anyone else about them?"
"We have another number, which we had not tried yet."
"Don’t call anyone until after I and my team are there."
"We will be waiting for your arrival then."

The phone hangs up on their end.

Fernando gets up out of bed, and walks into the bathroom to wash up. Then he gets dressed and starts walking to the Café. It being 3:33 in the morning, hardly anyone was there. Fernando walks behind the alarm and reaches into a box with a mad-scientists knife switch on it. Above it in red large letters covered in dust and cobwebs "Emergency Ranger Call" In small letters under it- "Do Not Use Unless It An Absolute Emergency." In tiny letter under that, "This Mean You, Dale!"

An Air raid Alarm howls, an old bell in the branches rings and all TV and radios in The Café switch to the Emergency Ranger Galactic Frequency. In minutes, the place fills up with Rangers. The Starship and Naval Captains away on patrols or mission appear on the TV screens. Chip comes out from one of the upper floors of The Café residence area, "Dale- if you pulled that switch again, so help me!"

Fernando walks over to the Center of The Café floor, talking out loud to everyone there.

"People, Something happened to Tammy and Bink in Italy. I need a small team to go with me check on her and give any assistance. We leave this evening."...
GsB II: Acorns and Ergot.

Fernando
- - - - -
[OOC]
I know some may say that its a bit Premature to start a second part to the Gunslinger Bink story line, since it is not fully closed. The GsB story is finished, but there are still loose ends to sort out.

-Fernando has taken cared of the CIA, so any potential arrests that could have been issued, were issued and released in under 4 hours, with no mark on the personal records.
     -Treasures obtained in the GsB mission, belong to their finders.
     - GsB II picks up where in Vol. 3 of the manga version of GsG. See me in the chat room for details.
     -Warning, this will contain character deaths, good and bad. If you have a few spare red shirt characters, they will be used.

In case you did not know, Ergot is a mold that grows in the wild, particularly on Rye, but it grows everywhere. Including acorns. It is a key component in the making of the Hallucinogenic Drug LSD. The Rangers will be dealing with their SWA Counter parts in Italy, and the Italian terrorists and Crime Lords, especially in those dealing in Ergot/LSD market. The CIA will also rear its ugly head again, and our cyborg ladies may have to deal with their old issues again.

See you on the mission...
ROLL CALL!
[/OOC]

CCC
- - - - -
"Is any equipment or means of transportation required?" asks the AI bat.

Fernando
- - - - -
Anything is always welcomed, CCC

Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
OOC: Well, not sure if it will do any good (again) but consider Task Force 2TX38 mobilized again. Except that this time, it will be smaller: just the battleship USS Texas (BB-72, CO: Captain Dixon) and the cruiser USS San Jacinto (CG-56, CO Captain Linda Hale) and a the USS Winston S. Churchill (DDG-81, CO TBD later.)

RangerReady23
- - - - -
(Posted for Rosie, since her internet died on her tonight.)

*Rosie thunders up the stairs after hearing Fernando's news and flies through her door.*

"This evening! What do I need? I don't know what to take or how long I will be gone. Well, better take what I need."

*Rose runs around her room, throwing clothes into one bag and miscellaneous tools into a burgundy quilted canvas shoulder bag. She pauses in her fluttering to pull on her boots.*

"Maybe I won't make a huge screw up of everything for once and they'll be proud of me". *She says to her reflection in the mirror as she stuffs her Peacemakers into her shoulder holsters and puts on her jacket.*

*Bags in hand, Rose bursts out her door*

"Aai, yi yi! Easy there!" *The startled face of Hondo met her in the hall. They had almost collided. Hondo was all ready to head out himself in hat and leather jacket. His rifle was over one shoulder and a bag over the other. The grip of his .45 peeked out from under his coat in it's own shoulder holster.*

"Aah! You had the same idea!" *Rosie exults as he grins at her similar appearance. She steps across the hall and bangs on another door* "Hey Charlie!!"

*RR appears half packed with his jacket half on.* "Yes?"

"You going to come?" *Rose asks*

"I suppose."

"Great! Count RR and I in Fernando!"

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Hondo sat on the bar checkin' his gun loads after his near collision. "You can count me in, Boss Squirrel man. I might even see if I can round a an acquaintance I don't like to join us." Hondo said with a smirk and a look of bein' ready for some new action.

RangerReady23
- - - - -
*Leaving his door open, RR proceeds around the room, collecting his gear in a quick and long-practiced fashion. For the moment, his uniform jacket is forsaken for the bomber jacket and fedora that so many Rangerphiles prefer. Into the one suitcase go a few changes of clothes, some pieces of equipment, and a small toolkit. However, in a holster at his shoulder sits his secret weapon...the little toy that he and Gadget have been working on for some months. The pistol has the appearance of some sort of automatic, but the barrel is heavier, and a glowing power pack is obvious within the grip. Drawing it suddenly, RR depresses the trigger pad, and a beam of blue fire erupts from the muzzle, evaporating a vase across the room into shards. Reholstering the experimental, he jots down a quick note to Chip.*

"Tell Gadget it works."

*Grabbing his bag and his fedora, RR hurries downstairs, joining the group that has assembled around Fernando...and wondering what trouble these two young squirrels have gotten everyone into this time.*

"Shall we take Enterprise? She's in port, and the engine's just been upgraded. No cruise like a trial cruise, I always say."

CCC
- - - - -
I've got an army of tripods and a lot of spare scrap metal. Any specific requests, or are you willing to take your chances with "anything"?
Sinclair
- - - - -
There's a loud noise as a spaceship lands in the backyard, squishing grass and garbage. A few minutes later the door open, revealing a man in dark blue uniform.

"Greetings. I'm back to refuel and...." he pauses, spotting the congregation. "What's going on?"

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Fernando wrote:
-Treasures obtained in the GsB mission, belong to their finders.
 - - - - -
Actually Arik has already granted permission to write a continuation of his round robin "Gunslinger Bink."

I'm confused. Is this supposed to be a rescue mission or another cloak and dagger mission? The impression I got Wednesday is that this is to be another cloak and dagger mission; from reading the posts, it's looking like a rescue mission. Could you please shed some light? If it's another cloak and dagger, I have had my fill of cloak and dagger from "The Chase" and "Gunslinger Bink."

WildIrishRose
- - - - -
RangerReady23 said:
 - - - - -
"Shall we take Enterprise? She's in port, and the engine's just been upgraded. No cruise like a trial cruise, I always say."

"Why am I reminded of the Titanic by that statement?" *Rose says around her wild strawberry tea. Nudging Hondo she continues.* "What do you say? I'll make sure Charlie gets a cabin this time rather than sleeping in a chair."

Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
Sinclair wrote:
There's a loud noise as a spaceship lands in the backyard, squishing grass and garbage. A few minutes later the door open, revealing a man in dark blue uniform.
 - - - - -
"Greetings. I'm back to refuel and...." he pauses, spotting the congregation. "What's going on?"

OOC: I would imagine hat we're going by the same rules and limitations of the first thread...use only "modern day" technology.

Charles_Roberts      
- - - - -
OOC: Alex II Did Arive Back to America but he Change form CIA to NSA Found out his boss want him dead too so he is working for the NSA now so it in NSA Hands too and Also I Am thinking adding another charture too they Call him the new Triple X NSA Dose go to find anyone and let them Join NSA also once they done there part then there records are whipe cleen

Sinclair
- - - - -
Severe Weather Eddie wrote:
 Sinclair wrote:
 - - - - -

OOC: I would imagine hat we're going by the same rules and limitations of the first thread...use only "modern day" technology.
 - - - - -
I'm well aware of that. The whole sentence would have been:
"Greetings. I'm back to refuel and repair. So I'll be around for a few weeks, until my girl is in running condition again."
So the ship is staying right here, in the Cafe backyard.
-End Page 1

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:13pm

Page 2
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
In NSA, Near Washington DC

Alex II Use to be a CIA Agent now he transferred to the NSA after his Boss want him dead so They arrested his boss for crimes now he working for the NSA also handing the GSB Case too as he was walking with the NSA Leader Scar face a Male mouse who Face is the shape of Florida while waking

Scarface; Welcome to the NSA Alex II you move up form Third Agent to Second Agent of NSA now you in charge of International Case and you will pick one Person lower of Society

Alex II: Well who can follow my orders sir

Scarface: This Mouse name Damian Storm He is a Mouse/Raptor Hybrid, don’t say it how his mom a Female mouse, his dad a male Small Raptor meet he have Titatume Claws that can cut through anything, last week he was caught and sent to Prison for Doing Illegal Stuns on the Gov Car so he was glove the code for the gloves will come off if he cooperated with us so you have to head to New York Maxume Securely Prison in Albany, New York and tell him that if he work with us then his Records will be wipe clean

Alex II: Ok I am on my way to do that sir

Scarface: Good

*Then a Map showing

Bowing 747 Jet Rote From Ronald Reagan Washington International Airport to Albany International Airport and New York Maxume Securely Prison

New York Maxume Securely Prison cut to Damian Storm with the specal gloves he have while doing some weights

A Mouse Guard came to him

Mouse Guard: Damian you got a Visitor

Damian: Ok Take me to him

*Then they came to the Visitor Cell while Alex II was there waiting for him then he tell the guards to levee while he looking at him

Damian: So what you want

Alex II: Name Alexander Armington II NSA Second In Command

Damian: Hay I Heard about you I Saw the news say that they Rescue the girls form the EX SWA

Alex II: Yea you did that why I want your help

Damian: Why you want my help

Alex II: I Heard my two cousins Tammy and Bink were missing in Italy there car was found by the lake

Damian: That same girl you rescue is missing?

Alex II: Yea and I want your help if you help the NSA then We will Wipe your Records clean and you can be a free Maptor (Mouse/Raptor hybrid)

*Damian was thinking he don’t want to live in this prison for all day*

Damian: ok you got your self a deal

Alex II: First I want to see your skils *Then he took the Camara off line for a minuet then went to his glove "Tirdent" Then the glove came off but haft off* "Levee them on as the guards take you back to your cell then once they not looking began your escape a chopper is waiting for you

Damian: Ok

*Then he went to turn the camara back on as the guards came back taking Damian to the cell while he head out*

Cut to New York State Prison 2:30 PM

Damian Making sure no guards were around then his gloves came off as he Slash the Bars with his Titaume claws then he head out as 4 Guards try to stop him but he took out the 4 guards in 3 seconds, then he head up to lundary room as 5 Guards were chasing after him then he came up to a window as he slash it he went up to the roof then, there were 10 guards came out with batans and they got taken out by him in 2 seconds then Alex II came in the chopper as Damian did a Jump to the copper then he grab the bar as he telling his polit telling him to take off then they flew over the Prison as the guard about to shot it but the leader guard tell him not too as they head to the Albany International Airport as Damian climb into the seat then get a headphone too

Damian; Hay you say this will be easy

Alex II: Well did it? And Nice moves too so you are Triple-X Materal
Damian Surgs then they head to DC

IN NSA

Alex II: Ok your contact will be in Rome, Italy but you two be driving to Nemi were Tammy was last seen I will be in Nemi too so let go to the lab also you will meet with my old Buddy Fernando I will be telling him about you, he is a Blind Mouse with a Cain also he can since you from a mile away also before you do that, you and your contact will need go to shop for cars, Italy is a place for Fast cars and once you find the car that fit your need then you can call our Lab Mouse to come

*Then Sparky came in*

Alex II: This is Sparky our Lab Mouse he can give you gadgets and anything you need

Sparky: Hello Mr. Storm anything you need

Alex II picking up a Clear Gun but it for everything "This Gun can shoot Stunners, Tracking Device, Expolitve Bullets and Graping Rope too"

*Then Hand the case to Damian

Alex II: Ok we got you Plan Tickets to Rome and your name is not Damian Storm it Triple X now your name is not Existed

Damian: Ok

Alex II: Ok Mission Begans now

Then Triple X left to Rome

WildIrishRose
- - - - -
Severe Weather Eddie made note...OOC: I would imagine hat we're going by the same rules and limitations of the first thread...use only "modern day" technology.
 - - - - -
OOC: Aww man! Does that mean I can't have my antique guns? :wink:

Fernando
- - - - -
5 months before, in the SWA

Chief Lorenzo: How is our new recruit doing?
Ferro: She has managed to pass the physical training, but just barely. Jean will be issuing a firearm to her, preferably a SIG Sauer P232-SL, and an Alpha Romero Spyder 2000 as her personal vehicle.
Chief Lorenzo: Does she suspect anything?
Ferro: Suspect? This is a law enforcement/public safety/rescue agency. That’s is all we do, that is she needs to know.
Chief Lorenzo: And if she questions being given her own personal firearm?
Ferro: She has been put through fire arm training. She understands the need of having a weapon, and when to use it.
Chief Lorenzo: Good. What of the Pia and Ernesto Team?
Ferro: They are still undercover, investigating several cases of LSD overdoses in North Eastern branch.
Chief Lorenzo: LSD?
Ferro: It is believed to have originated as an Ergot Mold poisoning case, but further testing showed that the Ergot was refined into its more powerful LSD variant. Further investigations showed that only a few victims were stricken, but in cluster groups. 3 in one town, 5 in another, as little as 2 here and there.
Chief Lorenzo: Sounds like an old tactic once proposed in the 1950’s.
Ferro: Sir?
Chief Lorenzo: During the Cold War, it was proposed by certain members of NATO for the use of secret agents to contaminate the enemy’s water supply with LSD. Some of the methods discussed were: cloud seeding, reservoir dumping, and water-plant contamination. All in hopes to have the targeted nation’s population in an LSD Hallucination Frenzy, and make an invading army simply walk in without firing a shot.
Ferro: I see.

Further details of this case were discussed. Jean walks over to Tammy’s door. He knocks on her door and waits for it to be opened. After a longer than normal wait, it opens. Tammy stood there in a robe and an towel wrapped on her hair.

Tammy: Hello Jean... could you give me a minute or two.

Before Jean could answer, Tammy slams the door on him. As he waits, Tammy tries to get dressed as fast as possible, putting on a shirt and jeans. The towel and the robe get thrown into the bathroom, and the door gets closed. She grabs a brush and starts brushing her hair, then she opens the door as she fluffs out her tail.

Tammy (as she continues to fluff out her tail): Sorry... uhm.. come in. Have a seat. How can I help you?

Jean walks in, Tammy takes a seat on her bed. He hands her a small carrying case. Tammy puts down her brush to receive the case.

Tammy: What is this?
Jean: Its your personal and service weapon.
Tammy: But...
Jean: We know you requested no guns. But you have to remember from fire arm training- it is for your personal safety that you have this. Not just to shoot at bad guys, but know when to shoot. Remember- there are many here that would prefer not to see you alive. Bink will also carry her personal weapon and use it when it is deemed necessary.
Tammy: But aren’t we...
Jean (interrupting her): We are more than just rescue. We are law enforcement, public safety and rescue. And as nice and wonderful that might be to the eyes of many, there are those who think that they are beyond the law and do what ever they please- including causing situations where you have to rescue somebody. Furthermore, they will try to stop you from rescuing someone in need. So understand, it there for when you need it, for your protection. You must wear it all the time.
Tammy: Then I will never use it then.
Jean: There are some officers who spend their careers never having to their weapons in anger or justification. But those officers are few and far in between. You can only hope to be one of them.

Tammy just nods her head.

Jean: One other thing.
Tammy: What would that be?

Jean hands her a map of Rome and a set of keys with a decorative fob on it with the ‘Alpha Romero’ emblem.

Jean: You get a your own personal transport. Hope it is to your liking.
Tammy: You mean, my own car?
Jean: Take Bink with you, and drive around town until you get used to it and you know the city. We may have a mission for you in a couple of days, so the sooner you learn, the better.
Tammy: Wow...
Jean (starting to leave the room): There will be a meeting in a couple of days. I will notify you when you have to be there.
Tammy: Wow... my own car...

Jean leaves.

Fernando
- - - - -
This will be a) Cloak & Dagger Mission and b) Rescue Mission.

Thus far shown is only a symptom of the disease, not the cause nor the cure. Tammy will be a key but in only as being a witness with information. Knowing that she is still alive might be an issue to those who tried to kill her. Getting her and Bink back to SWA in Rome from Nemi will be a problem within in and of itself. That’s the rescue.

The Cloak & Dagger part if finding out who did it and why.

Mission begins when the 4th and final historical part is put in.
It is as like before- no advanced technologies except that of the Gunslinger Girl world, which is pretty much a couple of years ahead of present date. Much of the advancements of this time is the cybernetics in use to create the cyborgs. Everything else is pretty much the same.

So, gather what you think you will need, and think.
If you care for some research material... you can try looking up Gunslinger Girl manga material on the web.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Fernando wrote:
 - - - - -
OK. If you need a bomb maker, let me know.

Midnight Man
- - - - -
Will my presence be required this time?

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
Well I am using Triple-X thing since it was in this time too

Fernando
- - - - -
Jeanette Isabelle wrote:
 Fernando wrote:
 - - - - -
OK. If you need a bomb maker, let me know.
 - - - - -
If you are talking about Annie and Franco, who do you think they might be up against?
Though their role maybe limited, as yet it is to be foreseen, and their personal views on not letting children to be targets of their packages might be used against them. So, if you intend to play that role, play it well.

CCC
- - - - -
(I somehow doubt that Protocol 7 is known in the Gunslinger Girl universe - is this going to disqualify the AI's participation? I have no problem finding sensible reasons to leave the tripods at the Cafe.)

Fernando
- - - - -
@CCC- No.

Fernando
- - - - -
4 months ago.

A small box-truck rests on the ledge of a cliff after going through the guard rail off a mountain trail in North Eastern Italy. A Serbian group has been alleged in aiding the Padania terrorists, and that this might be one of their supply trucks. A group of SWA Section 2 handlers and their cyborgs has been sent to investigate.

Once at the scene, the handlers secure 4 lines to the side of the cliff, sending it down to the truck. Near by, their support helicopter flies in circles around the area. Tammy/Bink, Marco/Angelica slide down the ropes to the truck below. It was precariously balanced on a small abutment that stuck out of the ledge; below them, another 1200ft of mountain cliff side and a rapids fill river. 500 yards across, another mountain side, more gradual sloped than the side they were on, covered in forest.

The driver and his passenger were already dead, so the stench of arriving at the scene caught everyone off guard. Being careful not to disturb the truck, the rear panel door was open. Tammy was sent inside to inventory while the others stood watch. The truck was lightly loaded, but its contents strewn about the place. Tammy took pictures and wrote down notes as she carefully stepped about inside.

Gunfire erupted from the distance, though the loud pings on the side of the truck told them who was their intended target.

Marco: TAMMY! TAKE COVER!

As Tammy tried to find a safe spot within the shipping container, the sound of automatic gunfire erupted from besides the truck. After a few seconds, silence.

Marco (calling on the 2-way radio): Check the mountain slope on the other side of us. There should be a couple of bodies that tried to shoot at us.
Tammy: Is everything clear out there?
Marco: Everything is clear!

Tammy slowly gets out of the truck, finding Bink and Angelica in firing positions, their weapons pointed to the other mountain side.

Tammy: I was told there was going to be no guns here!
Marco: Like it or nor, Tammy, its needed. And you just saw why!
Tammy: Bink! Put That Weapon Away!

Frustrated, Tammy gets out of the truck, putting her note pad into her pocket. Confused, Bink puts her machine gun away in her equipment bag, needing to fold it up to get it to fit inside. Marco takes a plastic box, flipping a switch on it.

Marco: You got the notes and pictures?
Tammy: Yes I do.
Marco: You two go ahead. Angelica and I need to do some demolition work here.

Tammy climbs up the side of the mountain, followed by Bink. Once on the roadway, they look down at the truck below, seeing Marco getting out of the truck, and then Marco and Angelica making their way up the cliff. They pack up their equipment once all 4 are on the road.

Marco: You absolutely sure you have everything?
Tammy: Yes I do.
Marco: Final call...
Tammy: YES!

Marco takes a smaller box from his pocket and presses a button. The truck below up with a loud explosion that echoes through the valley. Tammy walks away from the group, to the rendezvous point with the helicopter, talking to herself.

Tammy (to herself): I said 'No Guns'. I was told 'No Guns'. Then why the fluffy tail are there guns?!!

Bink and Angelica stay right behind Tammy as Marco approaches her from behind.

Marco: For self defense. Look Tammy... You may not agree with it, but we are dealing with dangerous people here who don’t give two acorns about your red hair or bushy tail. All they care about is making money by any illegal means and destroying anyone who gets in their way of doing that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Report: Truck Inventory, by Tammy Squirrel.

The contents of the truck, though lightly loaded, were (see attached photos):
4 boxes of assorted Chemistry Set Glassware
1 box of Chemistry Set hardware
4 tanks of flammable gas, Propane
8 cases of assorted weaponry
8 cases of assorted ammunition
2 cases of military grade explosives and triggering hardware
20 cases of rye bread.

Annie Oakley
- - - - -
Hey, I would like to be involved in this mission if at all possible. I know most of the main writers of this story know my character quite well *looks at Fernando, I won't get cough with the same thing this time..* Smiley
Just for the record I also have a working knowledge of Spanish, French, and sign language.
I can shoot and am fair at throwing knives. Also no one ever suspects me they think I look too innocent and "not the type to do something dangerous." How little people know me.

Fernando
- - - - -
Join in Annie...
It starts after the 4th historical post.

This way you have some knowledge of what’s going on.

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
In Rome International Airport

Alex II and Triple X (Damian Storm) Heading to there contact near Northwest KLM International Airlines jet as they see there contact a 47 Year old Mouse who is the Inspector of the Rome Police Micaqueal Desanale

Micaqueal: Hello Alex II and Triple X I have been expecting you

Alex II: Thanks so frist Triple X need a car

Triple X: I do

Micqueal: We got one right now *Then a Ferrari 430 Scuderia came out but it was there Porto Type* "This Scuderia can go form 0-800 Miles Phr also got Rocket Boosters for Extream Speed, Missales, 40 Cabuler Machene guns, Change mode as it can change form a Regure Car, Police Car, Scerate Agent Car or any car you can change too with out the Bad Guys knowing also got Oil Slicks too just incase if some one chasing you behind also you be in Cop mode so that means you be portloing form Rome to Nami on E-35 and E-45 also also There is a Contact in Nami too.

Alex II: Right so X Can Drop me off in Nami but we need to Watch the SWA and Tammy too make sure they all right also Find out who want them killed

Triple-X: Great Free Form Jail now a Cop in Italy oh boy

Alex II: hay Better than Jail

Triple-X: Right

Micqueal: His name Commander Sam Hill of Nami Public and Safey

Alex II: Right

*Then they get in the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and Drove on E-35/45 to Nami about 120 Miles Phr also Transforming into Italy Police Car too*

Alex II: Oh One thing X Don’t let Tammy, Bink or SWA See you ok

Triple X: Got it

Fernando
- - - - -
@ Charles_Roberts: Starting a bit premature, Charles? :mrgreen:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 months ago: SWA Section 2 meeting.

Chief Lorenzo: This is the 100 case of illegal drug overdose thus far. It not matters who or where the drugs are coming from, it has to be stopped.
Jean: Research conducted by the Marco/Angelica and Tammy/Bink team shows there being a connection with the illegal Surbean gangs and Padania: Drugs and equipment for money and weapons.
Chief Lorenzo: I will put the order out; anyone found within the Padania/Surbean affiliation is to be eliminated by any means. LSD is a very powerful hallucinogen, be careful when dealing with these people.
Ferro: Chief... how would our cyborgs handle if they get exposed to LSD?
Chief Lorenzo: Ask Dr. Bianchi. I would not know how to answer this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Note: In case you did not know the potency of LSD/Ergot in liquid form- it reeks havoc with the nervous system and once in the brain, shorts out neurons. Once in the brain, the victim starts with sensory hallucinations; i.e.: smelling colours and seeing smells for example. Reality for them cease to exists, nothing is real anymore to them. Hence, in the late 1960's and early 1970's, there were a lot of KSD Suicides because the victim thought that s/he could fly- jumping out of roofs and windows to their deaths.
Worst- LSD/Ergot in liquid form is a type drug that gets absorbed by the skin, and the effects begin immediately (less then a second). Ergot in its raw solid form has to be eaten or (worst of the two) breathed in, with its effects starting within minutes after.

-End Page 2

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:14pm

Page 3
Annie Oakley
- - - - -
Also, LSD/ergot only needs to be used one time and only a little bit to mess someone up for the rest of their life. It is not like pot or marijuana that can eventually work it's way out of your system after quite a while of non use.

Fernando
- - - - -
Very Good Annie. This is something that many do not consider.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Fernando wrote:
Thus far shown is only a symptom of the disease, not the cause nor the cure. Tammy will be a key but in only as being a witness with information. Knowing that she is still alive might be an issue to those who tried to kill her. Getting her and Bink back to SWA in Rome from Nemi will be a problem within in and of itself. That’s the rescue.
 - - - - -
The Cloak & Dagger part if finding out who did it and why.

It seems the RF is not involved. It does not fit the modus operandi, based on the first season of Gunslinger Girl.

WildIrishRose
- - - - -
*Rosie is sitting at the bar, peering disappointedly at the empty mug that once held apple cider when Annie sits next to her.*

"Hey Annie! I hear you are joining the team. Welcome!" *She says. Before more can be said, her cell phone erupts into the tune of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Rosie answers.*

"Hey Charlie! Yeah? You did? Great!! Thanks! No that's not a problem. We have another addition to the team. Yeah Annie's joining. You can arrange accommodations right? Sweet!! Yeah, we're just waiting for Fernando to give us the word. Yeah, see you when we get there. Bye!"

*Rosie hangs up and grins at Hondo who is a few stools away at the bar*

"What was that?" He asks

"I got Charlie to load your Bronco and my Land Rover onto the Enterprise. Looks like we are set to go whenever we get the word."

Midnight Man
- - - - -
OOC: Oh well, I might as well join, too. This means my character may be used in this round robin, but don't push it too far, and take care you stay in character.

When Rose sees Midnight enter the Café, she waves at him. "Midnight, come here, we need to talk."

'Why does Rose need to talk to me?' Midnight wonders. 'Did anyone spread rumors or what?' He sits down with her. "What's up, Rose?"

"A lot," she replies. "It started again. We received intel about an attack on Tammy and Bink in Italy. We need to intervene again. And we want you to join our team."

"C'mon, Rose, I'm not a Blue Helmet nor an RAS member. Doing occasional Rescue Ranger work every once in a while is already a lot for me. Why should I do that then?"

"First: You've been part of the team on our first mission. Second: We might need another pilot, and Gio Pinin's plane is still stored aboard the USS Enterprise. Third: We need every hand we can get. And fourth: You're safer when you're with us, for they know you've been on the first mission, they were actually after you, they know you've turned Miss Conijn around, and they might find you here and make you pay for what you did."

"I see, and I guess that's enough to convince me. By the way, have you talked to Rebecca about this? She might be useful on the mission, too."

"We have, but she said she wants to be left in peace for now, and that she couldn't help us anyway, things must have changed too much for her to be able to provide any information. Don't worry, she's safe here. Whoever is behind the attacks must take the possibility into consideration that she joined an American organization that's far beyond what the SWA was capable of."

Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
The passage of the Suez Canal generally took one day. The canal had a speed limit of 8 knots, so that the wakes generated by the massive ships the canal was capable of accommodating wouldn't erode the walls.

For Captain Eddie Dixon, the Commanding Officer of the US Navy battleship USS Texas, that meant a long day for the crew to relax. No more drilling, no more constant lookout in the Persian Gulf. No, now they were heading for the Mediterranean Sea.

Again.

Scarcely six months had passed since Texas had last been deployed to help with the crisis in Italy. The ship had acted as little more than a show of American strength in the region, as there were some situations that a battleship was less than useless. Such as covert ops missions. A 75,000 ton battleship didn't exactly scream "subtle."

Still the Navy wanted her around. Something new was happening, though the vulpine captain didn't know what..

The Ticonderoga-class AEGIS cruiser USS San Jacinto was making the canal passage with the Texas, leading the battleship through the canal. Commanded by a friend of Dixon's, Captain Linda Hale, the cruiser was Texas's anti-aircraft escort. There once was a time, ironically, when the Texas provided her own AA protection, literally bristling with 20mm and 40mm AA weapons. But times had changed. Aircraft had gotten heavier and faster, and the guns had become obsolete and been removed.

But yet the old gray lady still proved useful to the Navy...and especially the Marine Corps. Acting as a giant armored artillery battery, she was the best friend of a Marine storming a beach, and a powerful deterrent to enemies of the United States who had any amount of coastline. While the aircraft carriers got all of the glory, the Texas was just as capable, if not more so, of projecting American power abroad.

So Eddie wondered why, yet again, his command was being sent to the Mediterranean Sea, especially after the last time they had been sent there. More than likely, it was another show of American presence in the region. Texas would be making port calls in several Italian cities, so it could be construed as a show of support for the "new" government, after the old, corrupt one had come toppling down.

Whatever the case, by the end of the day, the Texas and the San Jacinto would be out of the Suez Canal, and from there it was just about a day's steaming (at a comfortable pace) to their first stop: Rome.

Fernando
- - - - -
1 Month Prior To Accident
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SWA Mission Report;
Capture of local area dealer 'Bianca Scoiattolo' proves as a major plus to the organization's needs. The information she provided was not detailed, as intermediaries are used to conduct business with. This way, all hands remain clean of such activities if caught.

Secondly, Bianca is a rare red headed Italian Squirrel. This such coincidence is too great to pass up with our new Section 2 Agent: Tammy Squirrel. Arrangements have been made for Tammy to infiltrate the drug cartel and come back with Intell that can be used on a Fratello Team Extermination Mission against those who are filling the streets with poisons.

Day of Accident
Recorded Cell Phone Call on Answering Machine:

Tammy: Hello Jean, This is Tammy. I have all the information of shipping routes, supply and exchange stops, and money transfer lists. There is also information of the stuff to be test by having a large amount of it dumped into Lake Nemi- polluting the drinking water for many small towns in the area. I will be leaving for Rome as soon as Bink and I can pack up.

Nemi Public Safety Accident Report:

@10:55am, several phone calls were made to our services of red sports car being cut off by a black sedan on Via Perino, going southbound towards hiway: SS7. The red sports car hit the guard rail and dove into Lake Nemi. Emergency Rescue Personnel were within minutes of the accident. The black sedan was not to be found.

Found inside the red sports car were two female squirrel occupants: the driver to be in her early 20's with red hair, the passenger in her preteens, blonde. Both were found unconscious at the scene and immediately brought to a hospital care center at Nemi.

Fernando
- - - - -
Thus begins Gunslinger Bink II...

Clues will be given out as each step is brought fourth.
So, who is what, where?

Sinclair
- - - - -
Fernando wrote:
Thus begins Gunslinger Bink II...

Clues will be given out as each step is brought fourth.
So, who is what, where?
 - - - - -
I'm currently at the Cafe, either preparing my plane for takeoff, or (if we still use the TaleSpin-like setting) trying to find information and transport to Italy.

Midnight Man
- - - - -
I'm at the Café, too, and maybe thinking of a safe way to get to the Mediterranean. Gio Pinin's silver warbird (which I captured in GsB 1) is stored aboard the USS Enterprise and devoid of explosives (which might still be on the carrier, too, I don't know). The Storm will remain here, I won't have any use for it. I'll probably not stay here, too, because I'm known to "them" too well.

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
Mabet the Black Sadan will Run into Triple X while Patorling E-35 and 45 Highways

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Anne Rossellini and her partner Franco are in Rome.

CCC
- - - - -
The AI is currently stored on servers at the Cafe, and is currently projecting itself as a bat in the Cafe via Protocol 7. I could simply re-project to Italy, if I had a better idea of where something appearing out of thin air would not cause unwanted comment; since I don't, I am looking at more traditional methods of transport and noting that trying to take tripods through customs would also lead to unwanted questions and therefore they remain behind.

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
I'm waitin' with you. ready when you say go, we go. my copter is ready if needs be, too!

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
Next Day Triple X was on E-45/35 Near Nami and Civita as he was driving all of sudent he saw a Truck also a Black Sedan was Following the Truck then Triple X took his X-Ray Bronoancers as he see the Truck Carrying LSD/Ergot

Triple X: *Calling Nami Public and Safey* "Hay Let me talk to Alex II

in Nami Public and Safey

Alex II Pick up the phone "Yea"

Triple X: It the Same Black Sedan Following the Truck with LSD/Ergot

Alex II: WHAT

Commander Hafetues: LSD/Ergot Tell your man Chase after it and the Sedan also Capture one of the men too and leve the Rest to SWA They will Take care of the Rest also Since You don’t want Tammy to see him Tell him that once he stop them he got 30 Minnents once the SWA Comes do it quick and get out of there too

Alex II: Right *talking Triple X on the Phone* "Did you heard that Triple X"

Triple X: Got it

Then he Push the Peddle on his Scuderia as the Sirneres went on they began to chasing the Black Sedan and the Truck.

One of the Mouse in the Black Sedan saw the Police Car telling the Truck and the Drvier to go faster as they push the peddle at 120 KM The Scuderia going at 130KM

Triple X: time to stop them *turning on his Weapons system*

As the 3 Mouse in the Black Sedan firing back Triple X Actavated his 40 Cabules Machene Guns and they shoot out the Tires of the Truck and Sedan then they crash into the dick of E-45 Near San Pellegrino then he got out of the car as they came out then charge at him he did a Round house kick to the first mouse, then a Back Hand Punch to the second mouse the Third Mouse Pounce on him but he did a Judio Throw to knock him out then the Truck Driver mouse took out a Knife but Triple X Unlese his Titatume Claws and Slice the Knife in Haft then punch the Guy out cold then he handcuff the Guy alsos took one of the Box of LSD/Ergot for Evedence and put it in his turnk of his car then put the Truck Driver in the Passagern Seat also hand cuffing him to the latch then he heard SWA Cars coming also Tammy was coming so he Hand cuff the Three Mouse to the Black Sedan then got into his Car then drove off at 200 Miles Phr To Nami to Drop off the Truck Driver so they Can Interogate him.

-End Page 3

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:15pm

Page 4
WildIrishRose
- - - - -
Why had she let him talk her into this??

"You still with us back there, Rosie?" *Hondo's voice comes through the headset she is wearing.*

*Rose's eyes are about as big as grapefruits and her face is white, but she manages to reply weakly into the microphone.* "Yeah, I'm good."

They are somewhere over the ocean headed straight for the USS Enterprise. Hondo and Annie decided to take the helicopter, and they had talked Rose into coming along. Now she is regretting it. Not that she is airsick by any means; she just really hates flying.

"I see it" *Annie's voice comes through the headset as she glances over the ocean. She and Hondo are in the front of the copter.*

*Rosie squeezes shut her eyes and her knuckles go white as the helicopter banks to land on the deck of the Enterprise. As the aircraft straightens out, she opens one eye to see the deck of the ship coming closer.*

*Captain RangerReady trots up to the helicopter as Hondo shuts off the engine* "You got here faster than I expected." *he says.*

"I was driving." *Hondo winks at RR, who smirks in reply.*

*Annie hops out with Rosie (who has already fully recovered) right behind her. They begin pulling out their equipment.*

"Ladies" *Charlie nods to the girls as their feet hit the deck.* "I'll put you three where you will be staying and then we'll see what we are supposed to do next" *The captain continues as he leads them away.*

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Three days after the 737BBJ explosion, two mice are seated beside each other at a table of sidewalk cafe. One, a female in her early thirties wearing sunglasses; the other, a gentleman approximately twenty years older. A suitcase is carefully placed between them and there are two extra seats at the table.

Anne Rossellini and her partner Franco approach the two mice in the outdoor cafe. The gentleman mouse motions to Anne and Franco to have a seat.

Anne expresses her concern to the other mice. "Meeting like this is hardly secure."

"No place is secure. From here, at least, it will be difficult for anyone to trail us once we leave." The lady mouse hands Anne and Franco a slip of paper, folded in half. "From here on out I will contact you either by pay phone or disposable cell phone. This is the protocol we will use. Memorize it."

Anne and Franco memorize the instructions and then hands it back to the female mouse who then slides the suitcase to Anne. "This will more than cover the costs. Wait for further instructions."

The lady mouse gets up, retrieves the instructions she had Anne and Franco memorize, and retreats to the ladies' room. She finds an empty stall, closes it behind her and takes a lighter to the written instructions. Once the flames got to the end, she lets go of it in the toilet and flushes the ash. She leaves the ladies' room, not returning to the other three. The gentleman mouse leaves in a different direction, Anne and Franco leave in a third direction.

By chance Alex II spots Anne and Franco from a distance. With their backs to them, Alex could not get a good look at the two whom Anne and Franco were with. As this is a chance encounter, Alex could not get surveillance on them. Alex II sees the female mouse leave for the ladies' room; does not see her leave.

Anne, Franco and the older gentleman mouse leave. Not having the man power to do so, Alex does not trail the gentleman mouse. Instead, Alex approaches the waiter who served them to inquire of them.

"I have seen the young, red-headed mouse (Anne) with the mouse with the goatee (Franco)," the waiter answered, "I have also seen the older mouse; I have never seen the fourth mouse before."

Fernando
- - - - -
3 days after the phone call:

A blind squirrel stands besides Tammy's bed in silence. Next to her bed, was Bink's. They both lay there in a light coma, more asleep than anything else. Looking over their charts, the fingers runs over the page, feeling for every bump on the page, picking up more information than if one actually reading it.

"Hmmm... Lysergic Acid traces found. That would explain everything. Good think I came prepared..."

The Blind Squirrel listens to his surroundings carefully as he reaches into his pocket. With nobody paying attention to their room, the squirrel slips something into his sleeve from his pocket. He then leans over to Tammy, almost covering her with his body, and gives her a kiss on the furthest earn needing to reach over Tammy. In the process, something slips out of the sleeve and into the palm. A cap is popped opened and a needle jabbed to the side of the neck, a liquid inside in injected into the blood stream. Tammy inhales deeply as the needle is pulled out. The needle is recapped and put back in the pocket, and another taken out and slipped into the sleeve. He then goes over Bink and does the same thing with another needle. She responds the same way.

"Sleep well my princesses"

The Blind Squirrel leaves the room, walking to the ward reception area.

"Excuse me, but do you believe in miracles?"
"We can only hope, now can we..."
"Expect 2 in the morning then."
"Oh?"
"I will return for it to happen."

The Blind Squirrel leaves the ward, and then down to the hospital parking lot to a Black Porsche 928GTL. Along the way two objects are gingerly tossed into a trash can. The label of one of them can be seen: Thorazine Pen- 1200mg dose.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
16 hours later, Tammy wakes up, though to her the world seems slow and dulled, and a throbbing headache that seems not to go away.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
A red-headed mouse in a candy striper uniform politely knocks on Tammy and Bink's door. There is no answer so she comes in, carrying herself well.

"Oh, you're awake." Observed the candy striper. "I am one of the student volunteers. How are we feeling this morning?"

"Other than having a debilitating headache?" Tammy answered. "What happened anyway? Why are we here?"

"You were in a hit and run from what I was told. Your car ended up in Lake Nemi."

"My Alpha Romero got wrecked?"

"A car can be replaced. You and your sister are still alive. That is what matters. 'A grain of wheat must fall to the ground before it can do any good. New life springs from fallen grain.'"

"What about a grain of wheat?" Tammy asked.

"It's something a wise girl your sister's age once said."

"A grain of wheat." Bink knew she heard that before; she was not thinking clearly at the moment.

The candy striper then turns to Bink, "You're still playing the violin, I hope."

"I still practice. . . . Wait, how did you know. . . ." Bink asked.

"The last time I saw you, you were carrying an Amati violin case. . . . You were walking down the steps of Place D'Espagne with a nice looking gentleman. You were wearing a red coat and designer perfume. You had an ice cream cone in one hand, an Amati violin case in the other and you happed to bump into me."

When the candy striper mentioned the nice looking gentleman, Bink lowered her eyes.

"Did I say something wrong?" The candy striper asked.

"No, that's all right." Bink remembers the incident; does not recognize the candy striper. "That was about a year ago. How would you recognize me from a chance encounter?"

"Your Amati violin case stood out in my mind." The mouse answered.

"You seem to know about violins." Tammy observed.

"I too play the violin."

Tammy sniffs the air. "Speaking of designer perfume," Tammy says to the mouse, "you have expensive tastes as well."

The candy striper complimented Tammy. "You are certainly observant. I will note you two are suffering from headaches. Anything else?"

"That's it." Tammy answered.

The candy striper leaves Tammy and Bink's room and reports to the nurse's station that Tammy and Bink are awake and that they have a headache. The candy striper leaves the nurse's station and gets out her cell phone. "I've just made contact."

"Acknowledged." The male voice on the other end responds.

The red-headed mouse hangs up her cell phone.

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Ships were not Hondo's thing, and he knew it would take way to long to get there as it Fernando would be there the next day and Hondo planned to be there and ready to lend a hand. So after the ship got underway, Hondo broke that old warbird out of mothballs. He loaded it up with supplies and had the crew prep it for flight. While the crew was busy Hondo talked with the navigations and communications officers and got a map that showed a small abandoned air field close to the hospital. Hondo had been keepin' in contact with Marco and the Girls ever since they had returned to their base. So He asked the communications officer for a line to their base. it was put through right away and Hondo had no trouble gettin' Marco on the line. After the usual greetin's, some small talk and a detailed explination of a visit and some important business, Marco agreed to git an old pick-up with a few upgrades dropped off at the airfield for Hondo. Hondo told Marco he would be seein' him and the girls soon, but there was a few things he had to find out first, so he would be in touch. Hondo said he'd Talk at him later and they cut the connection. by this time the bird was prepped and ready.

Fernando
- - - - -
The Blind Squirrel walks into Tammy and Bink's semi-private room. Quietly, he walks over to Tammy's bed.

Blind Squirrel: Hello Tammy. Good to 'see' you and Bink awake again.
Tammy: Huh? Fernando!

Tammy reaches over to hug him.

Fernando: Do you mind... there people watching.
Tammy: So?

Fernando manages to pull himself from the red headed squirrel turned octopus and keeps his distance.

Fernando: You know why you are here?
Tammy: Some candy striper told me that I was in a car accident and they pulled us out of a lake?
Fernando: Tammy... listen up. Who ever that was, that was no candy striper. Candy strippers are not supposed to know why you are here or how you got here.
Tammy: They're not?
Fernando: No Tammy. Candy stripers are supposed to give help as volunteers. They have no access to your records.
Tammy: Funny... she seemed to know everything.
Fernando: Tammy. Listen up girl. I know your world right now is a bit slow. That’s the medication I gave you late yesterday.
Tammy: You gave me medicine?
Fernando: Yes, Tammy- I gave you and Bink medication to counteract the poisons you two were exposed. Look, Tammy. People seem to want you dead for some reason.
Tammy: Huh?
Fernando: Look Tammy... go to sleep. I'll give you another shot before I leave, and you should be better tomarrow. Just prepare to eat salty foods and drink a lot of water.
Tammy: Will you be back?
Fernando: Of course.

Fernando listens to his surroundings carefully as he reaches into his pocket. With nobody paying attention to their room, he slips a Thorazine Pen into his sleeve from his pocket, and leans over to Tammy, almost covering her with his body. He gives her a kiss on the furthest earn needing to reach over her. In the process, it slips out of his sleeve and into his palm. A cap is popped opened and a needle jabbed to the side of her neck, a liquid Thorazine solution inside in injected into her blood stream. Tammy inhales deeply as the needle is pulled out.

Fernando: Sorry if that hurt. You just rest and I'll see you tomarrow.

Fernando goes to Bink's bed, the needle is recapped on the first pen and put back in the pocket, another taken out and slipped into the sleeve, and does the same thing with another needle. She responds the same way.

In a just a few seconds, they were both sleeping soundly. Fernando recaps the second pen and pockets it. He takes a seat and sits in between the two beds for the time being. With nothing to do, he just spends much of the morning away. A doctor enters the room.

Doctor: Hello... Are you who I think you are?
Fernando: Hello Dr. Bianchi. Its been a while, hasn't it?.
Dr. Bianchi: What brings you here?
Fernando: I received a phone call about her accident and I took the next 747 to Rome. How about you?
Dr. Bianchi: I'm here for Bink. You know why.
Fernando: That’s easy to understand. Look. Before she went to sleep, Tammy told me about a candy striper who told her that she was in a car accident and that is why she is here...
Dr. Bianchi: Say no more. I'll call the chief and let him know that we'll need a security team here for her.
Fernando:
Dr. Bianchi: Hmmm... They are both asleep again?
Fernando: That’s my fault.
Dr. Bianchi: How so?

Fernando reaches into his pocket and pulls out one of the empty Thorazine pens and hands it to Dr. Bianchi.

Dr. Bianchi: You gave them this?
Fernando: For Lysergic Acid poisoning- its one of the few things that actually works.
Dr. Bianchi: But its an ancient cure.
Fernando: It works. And in checking with their records, nothing was given to help them with the poison in their system. They should be fine tomarrow.
Dr. Bianchi: I'll take your word for it. But I'll hold you responsible if anything goes wrong.
Fernando: They will need a couple of days to recover from the Thorazine, but they will be LSD Free.
Dr. Bianchi: And how do you know about this?
Fernando: Lets say I have a multi-facetted past.
Dr. Bianchi: I see. I'll be back to make that phone call. You going to stay a while?
Fernando: Until you return.

Midnight Man
- - - - -
A new message arrives on Midnight's PDA. This time, it comes from the RAS. The message tells him they have organized a flight to Italy for him. To be more precise, he and an RAS agent will disguise as pilots and transfer a plane to Malpensa airport. Intelligence found out that his disguise as a commercial pilot is still safe. From there on, things will be taken care of by the RAS in agreement with the team from the first mission.

Only a few hours later, Midnight sits on the pilot's seat of an Airbus A330-300 in the colors of a smaller Italian airline.

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Hondo departed latter that day and flew through the night and most the next day. The long range system worked great as did the NOS, but Hondo saved that in case they needed it later. Hondo now understood Midnights love for the old warbirds. Fernando had beat Hondo there by almost a day, but for now that was alright. Hondo landed the evenin' of the 3rd day after the wreck. He unloaded his gear into the waitin' pick-up Marco had left for him, and took a couple hour nap.
Hondo left early the next mornin' and drove out to the hospital to see Tammy, Bink, and to meet up with Fernando. Fernando once again beat him there. Hondo took his time gettin' to the room. He tried to go undetected and scope out security at the same time. Hondo found the girls room and heard a doctor and Fernando talkin'. Hondo went on down the hall and waited out of sight. After the doctor left Hondo came out of hidin' and entered the room silently. Fernando had his back turned, but they had spent enough time together that Hondo knew Fernando knew he was there.

"Have any troubles getting in?" Fernando ask with his back still turned.
"Nope. pretty smooth. The others should arrive in a few days. Midnight should beat them in, but by how much I don't know." Hondo said.
" 'k." Fernando said.
"They doin' alright?" Hondo asked.
"Since I got here when I did, they are now." Fernando said as he help up one of the empty Thorazine pen and tapped it. Hondo just nodded his understandin'.
"We need to get them out of here. The security is worse here then the one we blew up last time." Hondo said.
"We didn't blow it up." Fernando said.
"well, didn't help it any. the Hotel was definitely worse." Hondo said.
"True. and yes we do need to get them out of here, but we need to wait one more day. let them rest a little more. there was someone in here disguised as a candy striper and they knew to much." Fernando said.
"we'll have ta keep a watch then, eh?" Hondo asked.

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
On E-45 Near Nami Triple X was looking for Speeder also Drug Trafacers too then he saw a Red Car was Serving on the Road also see a guy Took about 40 Grams of LDS "This is Triple x A Guy on LSD 40 Grams I am Apperhand him now *Then he pull out turn on the Sireners as he began to chase the guy but the guy wont' stop then he raido for Back up "Ok This guy won't stop Set up a Road block on SS3ter

Radio Dispach: Right

*Then A Road Block came as They stop They made the Arested on the Driver also took 40 Pounds of LDS with them

Alex II Was driving around then he saw a Candy Striper "What she doing at the hospitbal? Following her *THen he look at her hair "Hay I See her before when I Bump into her Better Call Nando *Then Calling Fernando* "Hay Fernando Rember that Candy Striper that enter the Hospitbal well She is the same one I saw while I was walking also I bump into her as she didn't see me so she could be the same one

RangerReady23
- - - - -
"Engine room to bridge."

"Go ahead."

"Engines're purrin' smoother than Fat Cat on a quick heist. We're ready to up the power."

*From the center seat, RangerReady looks out the forward viewing window at the sea, rolling gently as the old lady of war cut quickly through the waves.*

"How is the structural support?"

*The helmsman checks his gauges, looking back with an approving nod.*

"I'm showing green across the board, Captain. The new hull plating is holding."

"Good...good! Because we definitely don't want to be left out of the festivities. Engine room...you are clear to proceed. Take us to 36 knots."

"Aye-aye, sir!"

*Below, a rumble builds out of the bowels of the great ship, as the new engines hum into a higher stroke, pounding against the waters with irresistible force. The Enterprise shoots ahead with a renewed burst of speed, the sea passing by ever more quickly.*

"Engines show green, sir. We are condition one."

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Rosie...you remember where everything is, I'm sure."

*At the radar/sciences console, Rose plies the controls expertly, keeping her eyes fixed on the beeping blue screen just to her left.*

"I took a refresher a month or two ago. Somehow, I didn't think the old girl would stay in port that long!"

"Neither did I. How do squirrels get into so many messes?"

"Search me. I'm just glad this is going to be a bit more normal cruise. You remember the last time!"

*RR nods, scanning the computer screens for readings of the surrounding area.*

"Don't remind me. I still wake up at night sometimes, half expecting to see Donnelly lunging out of a shadow."

*Rosie shudders for a moment, tapping a few buttons lightly as the screen cycles.*

"At least we don't have to worry about that. They still have his exoskeleton in that clean room at Johns Hopkins, don't they?"

"The last I knew. With a contingent of military guards sitting on top of it like a hen on eggs."

*She chuckles at the metaphor, glancing back at the slightly rugged, but jovial mouse commander.*

"You and I have some strange adventures, my friend."

"You're telling me? You haven't seen anything yet...go back and read that volume of my logs that I published. The Acorn Cafe Adventures, I think I called it." (shameless plug)

"I guess that's life, at the Cafe. Always exciting!"

"True. You know what DOS always says...life's an adventure!"
________________________________________________________________________________
___

Johns Hopkins University...Department of Cybernetic Research...

"Evenin' Frank...all quiet?"

"Quiet as the grave. Like usual."

*The younger guard flinches, glancing around quickly.*

"Man, I wish you wouldn't say that, with some of the stuff they do here. It creeps me out!"

"What're you worried about, RoboCop in there? They ain't even seen a power spike outta him in months."

"Doesn't mean he's not in there. At least keep your gun ready, for cryin' out loud!"

*Sighing, Frank cocks his rifle, placing it back over his shoulder.*

"There ya go, kid. Happy?"

"Much. What's for dinner?"

"Thinkin' about sendin' out to Domino's. They got a new cheese supreme you won't believe!"

*As the two converse about their mealtime options, a thin, red beam of light shines out of the thickly plated, safety glass window. Panning first left, then right, it scans the surrounding hallway, resting for a moment on the backs of the two guards.*

"Good. Just the calibre of 'protection' that I expected, from these doddering fools."

*A thin, snaking sheaf of metal slides into the doorjamb, working it's way around the complicated tumblers and security scanners, deactivating all carefully as it goes.*

"They obviously never read my Academy text, on constant vigilence!"

*Frank stiffens suddenly, glancing around.*

"Yo, kid...didja hear somethin'? Sorta like somebody...whisperin'."

"Now who's the worrier? C'mon, call in the pizza, I'm starving!"

*Shrugging, the older mole keys in the phone number, waiting as the dial tone rings through to connection.*

"Domino's Pizza, how may I he--fsshshkkkkttt..."

"What the Hell? Sounds like somebody let a load a' bees loose in the line," he grumbled, rattling a finger in his ear. "Hey Junior, go get maintenance, willya?"

"Uhh...Frank..."

"What?"

*The other guard points behind him, trembling."

"Kid, you're gettin' on my nerves with this worrywart business, now willya just--"

*A sudden explosion of sound flattens the two to the floor, as a section of wall just down the hallway explodes outward. A screeching, grating pile of what appears to be scrap metal rolls forward out of the ruined laboratory...rolling, taking shape, and eventually standing...until it finally resembles the wrecked form of a mouse. The guards raise their rifles, but miss their mark as the thing surges forth, bursting through an emergency exit with enough force to rend the door out of it's frame. As the two fire after it, shaking in their highly polished boots, a voice echoes out into the surrounding trees.*

"Vengeance!!!"

CCC
- - - - -
The Enterprise and the Texas moved through the oceans approaching Italy, both of them making no secret of their positions, both far enough from other ships that no-one would notice, both with their exact position locatable on satellite imagery for anyone who wants to look...

Really, it was just a matter of choosing.

On the deck of the Texas, the AI's bat projection appears out of nowhere. (Well, technically a few metres above the deck, in flight, so that it could be sure it didn't project in someone's way, or worse, in the same space as someone).

The first thing it did was seek out Captain Eddie, asking if there was any news; anywhere where an AI that did not sleep could be useful.

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando: The thing I hate Hondo, is having to do somebody else's dirty work, you know?
Hondo: How so?
Fernando: Here we are, protecting one of our own because those who trained her did not push her hard enough to understand the danger of her work. But at least, this job would have been safer than having her home.
Hondo: You still think that the CIA would kill her for Bink?
Fernando: The CIA, FBI, NSA, OSI, and everyone else in the alphabet soup of government agencies. That does not include other governments, as I hear the Germans are more advance in their cyborg technology but would love to see how Bink was made. The French, British and Russians too. Then there is the Israelis and the Arabs... think about it- how much would you sell Bink for if you had the opportunity?
Hondo: I would not go there.
Fernando: Neither would I, but it shows that for the right 8-figure price, small to most world governments and terrorist organizations, Tammy's life is not worth a spent acorn when compared to Bink. That is why I could not have her come back home.
Hondo: Sort of like letting your child go so she could grow up into the adult world, eh?
Fernando: You could say that.
Hondo: How long are you going to stay here?
Fernando: I'm waiting for Dr. Bianchi to return. Then... well... there is a place I know from my last visit here, makes a great Italian Ham & Egg scramble.
Hondo: Last visit here? I noticed you have not been around your tree since the end of the mission.
Fernando: Since the CIA thinks I'm dead, I'm living the life of an independent agent right now... something I did in my younger years. Nice pay, but my home is nothing more than rented hotel rooms. I did get a '95 Porsche 928GTL as a ride.
Hondo: Hmmm... I'll stick with my pick up.
Fernando: I know you would.

Dr. Bianchi enters the room.

Fernando: Dr. Bianchi, you remember Hondo, my heli-pilot, right?

Dr. Bianchi extends his hand to shake Hondo's hand.

Dr. Bianchi: I do indeed. What brings you here?

Before Hondo can speak, Fernando does.

Fernando: All the rangers are coming over, Since Tammy is one of our own, we help each other out. Just consider us as an extension of Section 2.
Dr. Bianchi: Sort of like Section 2 and a 1/2.
Fernando: Yeah. You made the phone calls?
Dr. Bianchi: I did. The chief will have a security team from Rome here in about an hour.
Fernando: Good. I'm starving, and I would like to try the Coppola's breakfast special.
Dr. Bianchi: We can have them deliver for you if you like.
Fernando: Considering the state of affairs, I would not trust my Chinese laundry to deliver my shirts.
Dr. Bianchi: I understand. I have to go, but somebody will be here to take over soon.
Fernando: I hope they hurry up.

Dr. Bianchi leaves.

Fernando: Well Hondo?
Hondo: I don’t trust him.
Fernando: Neither do I, but we have to deal with it.
Hondo: You can go get some of that ham and egg fixings, I can wait here until you return.
Fernando: I rather not. I have a lot of information to give you, and its best to do it where most would least expect it.
Hondo: I see.

Hondo pulls a chair and sits on it.

Hondo: We will just have to wait then.

Fernando's cellphone rings.

Fernando: I see. Thanks for the information.

Fernando hangs up the phone.

Hondo: Who was that?
Fernando: Looks like Alex II and Triple X are cleaning up around the area. Good that they are here.
Hondo: Yeah- the more, the merrier.
Fernando: Well... (yawns) if you don’t mind, I'm going play Snow White and the 7 dwarves and be Sleepy for a while.
Hondo: Do as you must. I'll have my eyes opened.
Fernando: Thanks.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Later that day, on the ground floor of the hospital, a candy striper pushes the elevator button going up. Dr. Bianchi approaches the candy striper. He too waits for the elevator. A second candy striper, a red headed mouse, approaches the elevator and quietly greets the doctor and the hospital volunteer. The elevator door opens, they get in, Dr. Bianchi pushes the button for the third floor and the door closes. The red headed candy striper asks the first one, "Do you know what is with the security detail for one of the rooms on the third floor? I was with the two patients in the room this morning and they didn't come across as needing security."

"No." The first candy striper answered.

On the third floor the elevator door opens, the red headed candy striper exits the elevator followed by Dr. Bianchi. "Miss." Dr. Bianchi says to the red head.

The volunteer turns around and reads Dr. Bianchi's name tag. "Yes, Dr. Bianchi?"

"Did I hear you right? You were in the room with Tammy and Bink Squirrel this morning?"

"That is correct."

"Did you tell Tammy Squirrel how she ended up in the hospital?"

"Yes I did."

Dr. Bianchi's tone changes. "You are aware that hospital volunteers have no access to patients' records. . . ."

"Hold it, Dr. Bianchi. I did not find out from their hospital records. I heard by word of mouth. Word gets around. Besides, I have met Bink Squirrel before and I specifically wanted to see her, you know, find out how she's been doing since the last time I've seen her."

"Oh, you've met Miss Squirrel before?"

"Oh, yes. She was with this tall, really cute mouse with short black hair."

"And where was this?"

"In Rome."

Dr. Bianchi was taken back by what candy striper just said. "Oh, I see. Even if you hear rumors keep them to your self. You cannot idly discuss personal information."

"You're right, Dr. Bianchi, I'll try not to make the same mistake twice."

Dr. Bianchi could not tell if the candy striper was telling the truth or not. Her story of this being nothing more than a slip up and a curiosity of how Bink is doing is certainly plausible; he cannot afford to take a chance. "Miss. Could you please come with me?"

"Where to?" She asked.

"Tammy and Bink's room."

Dr. Bianchi and the candy striper arrive in front of Tammy and Bink's room where there are two guards. One on each side of the door. Dr. Bianchi says to the candy striper, "Please wait here as I go in. This won't take long." He then says to the guards, "Keep an eye on her. Make sure she does not run off."

Sounding a bit miffed, the mouse asks Dr. Bianchi, "What's this all about anyway?"

Dr. Bianchi does not answer as he goes in the room and closes the door.

"Do you know what's going on?" She asked the guards. The guards do not answer. The red headed mouse pouts.

Inside the room, Dr. Bianchi says to Fernando, "There is a teenage candy striper outside the door who claims she is the one who told Tammy why she was in the hospital and how she found out through a rumor rather than personal records. She also claims she has met Bink and a mouse fitting Jose's description and had wanted to see how Bink was doing. I couldn't tell if she was telling me the truth or not."

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Outside of Bink and Tammy's room, in close proximity to the guards, the candy striper's cell phone goes off. She answers it and the voice on the line says, "We are at plan B."

With the guards in listening range, the candy striper stays in character. "Sure thing. Talk to you later."

The red headed mouse, who is crazy like a fox, waits to talk with Fernando alone.

CCC
- - - - -
"Eddie?" says the AI bat. "Do you mind if I borrow one of your planes for a while?"

Eddie weighs up the chances of finding some way to prevent Protocol 7 projections from getting onto the bridge when they are not supposed to.

"Those planes are government property." he points out. "Besides, you can fly already. Why do you need a plane?"

"Because I want to be inconspicuous."

Eddie stared. Inconspicuous? In an air force plane?

"And appearing out of nowhere in any part of Rome is unlikely to be inconspicuous." continues the AI. "It would be far less conspicuous to land at an airport and enter via more normal channels."

"Have you got a passport?" asked Eddie.

"No. Is that necessary?"

-End Page 4

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:16pm

Page 5
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
OOC: CCC, Texas doesn't have any aircraft. She's a battleship, not a carrier. Theoretically, I suppose one could land a Harrier or an F-35 JSF (once they come out) or any other VTOL aircraft on her fantail, but she doesn't carry any. She's also still at least a day away from Rome, though you could probably cover that in a helicopter (but the range of the SH-60s is only about 400 miles, and it would look suspicious for a US Navy helicopter to deliver you to Rome.)

And I'm not sure, but I don't think that the Enterprise has arrived in the Med Sea yet...

CCC
- - - - -
(OOC: It's not? Oops...

Um, ignore my previous post then, sorry about that...)

"Eddie" says the AI bat. "Could you drop me off in Rome?"

Eddie weighs up the chances of finding some way to prevent Protocol 7 projections from getting onto the bridge when they are not supposed to.

"Do I have a choice? Besides, why can't you just appear there?"

"Because I want to be inconspicuous."

Eddie stared. Inconspicuous? Arriving on the Texas?

"And appearing out of nowhere in any part of Rome is unlikely to be inconspicuous." continues the AI. "It would be far less conspicuous to land arrive on a ship and enter via more normal channels."

"Have you got a passport?" asked Eddie.

"No. Is that necessary?"

Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
"I suppose you can stay with us until we get to Rome," Eddie replied.

Had he known anything about Protocol 7, he would take comfort in the fact that Texas's few fire control computers were certainly not capable of holding the AI bat. Since the ship was commissioned in 1945, she didn't have any spaces dedicated to electronic computers. Her Mark 1 fire control computer was actually electro-mechanical. Digital computers were only installed during the refit of the battleship during the 1980s. (OOC: Sorry, CCC, no taking over the Texas. I also doubt that the San Jacinto's computer would be able to handle Protocol 7, even if she is an AEGIS cruiser. Though I don't know the specifics about the AEGIS computer system. I shall research them. Eventually.)

However, the vulpine captain was not destined to "first" encounter Protocol 7 (to the point where he was quite knowledgeable about it) for at least another eight years,* so he knew nothing of this. Instead, he simply directed a crewman to find some quarters for the bat to borrow.

OOC: * And this is where things get complicated. I'm basing the characters of Captain Dixon and Captain Hale off of characters from a comic strip I'm writing. (Sorta.) Dixon is still based off of me. But in the comic, yes Dixon (who is actually named Richard McCullough) does command the USS Texas at this time. Later, in 2015, he takes command of the Columbia, and six years later, the ship comes back in time through a wormhole to the Cafe, and that would be the Eddie y'all know. It's kinda confusing (and I'm actually still debating whether to stick to it or not) so technically, I really don't know a lot of you in this character. Except that he first met y'all six months ago, so he does know a few.

LOL...as of right now, the "USS Columbia" time line is pretty messed up. If I ever get around to actually putting it online, the events that take place at the Acorn Cafe will most likely not be considered "canon."

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
OOC: While on earth, DOS, CCC and Lain (the original manifestation) are manifestations of the Internet and therefore would not reside in the ship's computers unless said computers were apart of the Internet.

Fernando
- - - - -
Jeanette Isabelle wrote:
Inside the room, Dr. Bianchi says to Fernando, "There is a teenage candy striper outside the door who claims she is the one who told Tammy why she was in the hospital and how she found out through a rumor rather than personal records. She also claims she has met Bink and a mouse fitting Jose's description and had wanted to see how Bink was doing. I couldn't tell if she was telling me the truth or not."
 - - - - -
Fernando: And you wonder why I get on doctor's cases? You are a professional, a psychiatrist by training- you should know when you are being lied too. In this game, there is not lending to chance of what might be and what seems to be, there must be absolutes or else everything is flawed. You can not second guess yourself after the facts- either take action now or release her. But I must ask, have you asked from who she heard this information from? Why she disclosed it to the patient when its the doctor's job to do so? And have you even checked her identification?
Hondo: That’s bad if you have not checked on her I.D.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Hondo points for the Doctor to move to the other side of the room so Fernando and he can talk. The Doctor does so as he feels stupid to not have checked her I.D.

"So, you want to let her in, or what?" Hondo asked in a whisper.
"We need to find out who she is with, I can do that, but I'm not convinced this is such a good place." Fernando said.
"I know. and that doctor not checkin' the I.D. makes you wonder if he knows who she is." Hondo said.
"I don't think he does. He is not that good a liar." Fernando said.
"Well, she doesn't know I'm here so, I could hid in the closet and listen in if you wanted to let her in. Just make sure the quack doesn't give me away. I don't want to give her anymore info 'bout us until we know what she's up to." Hondo said.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
OOC: The candy striper has been there for five months. Documentation and speaking with the hospital staff will verify this. The information on her volunteer application may or may not be true.

- - - - -
Fernando gives Dr. Bianchi a stern look while signaling to Hondo to hide in the closet. Discreetly, Hondo hides. Fernando then signals to Dr. Bianchi to keep quiet.
Fernando: Open the door and let her in. I want to ask her a few questions myself.

Unsure how to react to all this, Dr. Bianchi opens the door and tells the guards to allow the girl in.

Candy Striper (as she walks into the room): How are they doing so far?
Dr. Bianchi: Well, they are...
Fernando (interrupting him): Who is she, Dr. Bianchi; and why are you about to give confidential patient information to a complete stranger?
Dr. Bianchi: Well, I thought...
Fernando: That’s the problem- you think too much and do not focus on the important matters! You, miss! Who are you?!!
Candy Striper: I am just a hospital volunteer...
Fernando: I want a name and next of kin. I want your measurements and what color your underwear is, I want to know what perfume you wear, I want to know your likes and dislikes so that when I see you again, I know how to address you by.
Candy Striper (frustrated at the answers): And Who are You For Me To Give You My Measurements and Underwear Colors?!!

Fernando gets up and walks over to her, pulling a card from his pocket and giving it to her. He carefully but quickly gets an eyeful of what she is wearing and how she is carrying herself. On the card, it saids- "Fernando Herrera - Founder/President First Star Software"

Fernando: You see these two girls, they are my daughters. As for me, I am Fernando Herrera- Founder of First Star Software. Now you either tell me what I want to know or quietly leave and never return to this room ever again.
Candy Striper: Software engineering millionaire or not, I'm leaving.

The Candy Striper starts to leave. As she gets to the door, Fernando yells at her.

Fernando: That’s Mister Software Engineering Multimillionaire to you!

She only pauses for a moment before leaving. Then she leaves, slamming the door behind her. Hondo slowly steps out of the closet.

Hondo: You're Fernando Herrera?
Fernando: No, he's an old friend of mine from a long time ago when I used to write video games for him. But we do share the same first name.
Hondo: I see.
Fernando: Dr. Bianchi, she is not allowed to be in this room ever again.
Dr. Bianchi: Why so?
Fernando: She's an imposter.
Dr. Bianchi: How can you tell?
Fernando: Candy Stripers are for the most part teenagers. She is not a teenager. When I yelled at her, she got mad and defended herself and was offended about the ultra personal information I asked for. A teenager would have panicked and would at least given me her name and parent's name. If she was really scared, she might have given the more personal information. Besides, teenaged girls rarely wear black underwear- most wear purples, reds, blues, stripes and patterns. Sometimes white. Adults tend to wear black underwear and only on special occasions, she was wearing black.
Dr. Bianchi: How can you tell?
Fernando: Her bra strap was showing, it was black.
Dr. Bianchi: I see.
Hondo: What if she was a Goth?
Fernando: Goths are an American Culture icon; she is not American. Also she was missing the other Goth items- long fingernails, black make up, multiple piercing, black visible items to show she was Goth.
Hondo: You're good.
Dr. Bianchi: Perhaps too good.
Fernando: You willing to let harm fall on Tammy and Bink?
Dr. Bianchi: No, I was just stating...
Fernando: Stop stating and start doing. Hondo, lets go eat. I'm starving.

Fernando takes his keys out and tosses them Hondo.

Hondo: You're letting me drive your car?
Fernando: Of course. We do have to keep up appearances you know.

Fernando takes out his folded cane and extends it. Then he taps the ground with it, and leaves the room. Hondo follows. They walk out of the ward, and outside to the parking lot. Not far away from them was the candy striper, following them with her eyes. They get into the Porsche and drive away. The car's GPS tells Hondo where to go.

The candy striper picks up the cell phone and makes a call.

Candy Striper: Black fancy Porsche.

She then hangs up the phone.

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
*Then Alex II was behind her*

Alex II: Got you *Then Calling Fernando again* "Hay Nando in 2 Minnents you and Hondo will have some company so let you know and I will follow this Imposster Candy Striper

*Then the Candy Striper Drove off as Alex II turn on his 382 BMW then Following her then Calling Triple X* "X Nando will need some help go and Keep there Followers off of them*

Triple X: Right Alex II

*Then Triple X Car Drove off as it heading towards Nando*

Alex II: Calling Nando Back "Hay Nando I going to give you some little help just incase is this Candy Striper have some 5 Cars following you. *then he hang up the phone and keep following the Candy Striper then he call Nami Public and Safey "Hay Find some Records on this Candy Striper also send 3 Police cars with me because I think there some question I need ask her *Then he listing to them* "Right ok Wate for my Singal" *Then he hang up as he took out his 9mm Stunner out of his Glove compartment also have a AK-47 Stunner underneft his Seates as he keep following the Candy Striper*

Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
OOC EDIT: Whoops, seems I grossly underestimated the distance between the Mediterranean exit of the Suez Canal and Rome. Instead of taking one day for Texas and San Jacinto to get there at a "reasonable' (say 25 knot) pace, it will actually take more like two-and-a-half to three days.

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando (on the cell phone): Thank You Alex. (then turns to Hondo) Make a left over here and head for the lake. I want to see if these fools follow us.
Hondo: Sure thing. What do you have in mind?
Fernando: Oh nothing... that you wont understand.

Fernando flips a door on his dashboard, exposing 5 buttons. Reaching to an indented area, he makes like he pressed a button and the 5 buttons light up:
Oil Slick, Smoke Screen, Caltrips, Ball Bearings, Flame Thrower
Hondo likes what he sees.

Fernando: Now, the road curves with the lake, so press on the gas and turn with it. If they follow, they are going to get one of each.
Hondo: I like your style of thinking.

In a couple of minutes, they reach the lake and take its slow turn. Hondo accelerates the Porsche. The other cars gain speed as well. Fernando looks at the Scrolling GPS Map until they go 1/2 into the curve, doing 120MPH. Fernando presses smoke screen, followed by oil slick. Within 3 seconds of the buttons release, the sounds of cars crashing behind them can be heard. Though it was mean for those who were following them, other innocents were involved as well.

Fernando: OK Hondo, you can slow down. This road leads us out of town, but make a couple of lefts and follow the GPS to the restaurant.

Hondo just smiles at the carnage left behind as he looks at the rearview mirrors.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
The red headed mouse keeps going straight as she notices several cars turn left to the lake. She arrives at Coppola's, pulls into the parking lot turns of the ignition and waits. "'General' Gutierrez is not here. I guess this is payback for standing him up at Pierre's of Madison."

Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
OOC EDIT: Whoops, seems I grossly underestimated the distance between the Mediterranean exit of the Suez Canal and Rome. Instead of taking one day for Texas and San Jacinto to get there at a "reasonable' (say 25 knot) pace, it will actually take more like two-and-a-half to three days.

OOC: Whoops again. The "Port of Rome," Civitavecchia, is actually located about 40 miles west-northwest of Rome itself. So by arriving in Rome, Texas would only be able to anchor offshore in view of the city...or attempt to dock at Civitavecchia, something I'm not sure is possible.

Apparently, the closest naval base to Rome is a the NATO base at Gaeta, Italy, which looks to be about 60-70 miles southeast of Rome. It's the homeport for the command ship of the US Navy's 6th Fleet, the USS Mount Whitney (LCC-20.) I don't know whether the capability still exists (probably not) but there once was a provision for battleships in the 6th Fleet, as the USS New Jersey was a part of it during the mid-60s.

According to my references, the "Battle Force" of the 6th fleet is usually designated Task Force 60. So when a Carrier Strike Group enters the Med Sea, that's usually the designation given it.

This time, though, I'd guess that a BBBG or BSG, since it most certainly qualifies as a "battle force," would get that designation.

Clearly, I should do more research before posting. As of now, consider Texas's destination Gaeta. Tongue

(CCC, don't worry, you can probably catch a train into Rome itself. Or something.)

*Goes off to do more research.*

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Hondo Slowed down to a slow 85mph and continued on. it was less then 10 min. later when they arrived at the restaurant. they picked a booth in the back corner that allowed them to see everyone in restaurant, but stay back out of sight themselves. Both Hondo and Fernando ordered Coffee and the breakfast special. Hondo still didn't like coffee, but was startin' to get use to it after the last mission. The coffee came out right away, but they were told breakfast would take another 15 min. to cook.

"So what can you tell me 'bout what is happenin' right now?" Hondo asked quietly.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
The red headed mouse gets out of the car and pulls out an Amati violin case, identical to Bink's. She puts the case on her car, opens it and pulls out a violin and tunes it. Standing in the parking lot, she gets into position to play.

As she does, a black Porsche pulls into the parking lot. "How did she get here?" Fernando wondered. "That mouse is like a cockroach. You can't get rid of her."

Fernando and Hondo get out of the car. As Fernando got close she began to play a familiar tune.

Fernando softly sings along. "Once upon a time, there was a tavern. . . . Where we used to raise a glass or two. Remember how we laughed away the hours, Think of all the great things we would do. . . ."

The red head stops, carefully puts away her violin and says to Fernando, "General! You do remember."

"General?" Hondo inquired.

"General. You need to introduce me to your friend here. You know, you are a hard person to get a hold of. It's like you are purposely trying to get rid of me."

-End Page 5

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:18pm

Page 6
Fernando
- - - - -
OCC: Now to fix it Hondo's and Jeanette's post; they need to be stitched together.

Fernando: Now that is a tune I have not heard in a very long time. Annie Rossellini I presume?
Annie: I was getting worried that you were not going to show up. Revenge for me standing you up at Pierre's of Madison?
Fernando: We were, how can I say, distracted from our path. You want to join us for breakfast?
Annie: Thank you for the offer.

They walk to the restaurant door. Fernando opens the door for Annie, and follows her in. He holds the door for Hondo who follows behind. The waiting staff takes them to a table at the rear, set for 4. The 4th setting is removed, making it for three. Fernando orders the Mizzmila's Italian Scramble, with mozzarella, and recommends a Basil Frittata to Hondo. 'Its your basic cheese omelet, order it with italian ham.' Annie orders Spinach Ricotta Frittata, with everyone ordering coffee. While they wait for their meal, they have a conversation.

Annie: What is an American General like you doing in Italy?
Fernando: I'm retired now.
Annie: Retired?
Fernando: Eyesight is failing, as well as other things. So before I make a wrong decision because of my failing health, I figure I would leave before it happens and go out to see the world. How thing are with you?

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Anne drops the dumb teen act. "The Republican Faction has the man who ran Tammy and Bink off the road and wants to hand him over to you."

"Why is a home-grown terrorist group suddenly interested in Tammy's wellbeing?" Fernando asked.

"For once we have something in common."

"I doubt it and who is this 'we' you're talking about?"

"I know you are not an American general and you know whom I actually work for."

"You are showing a lot of trust by revealing this in front of Hondo."

"You would have revealed this to him anyway." Anne replied. "You already know the RF started as a grass-roots campaign to fight government corruption. What you may not know is it lost sight of it's objective as it got bigger. You helped in getting rid of some bad apples. The now smaller militia group is a little more focused on its objective."

"A terrorist group by any other name. . . . What is this all about?" Fernando asked.

"We too want to eliminate the LSD traffickers."

"There is something in that tone of yours. What is it?"

"It should not come as a surprise to you that I despise the SWA." Anne leaned closer to Fernando. "They should have been on that jet six months ago." Anne resumes her previous position. "Tammy is almost as much of a threat to herself as those who are after her. Unless she gets serious, she is no safer here in Italy than she would if she were in America."

"This is not about Tammy. Tell me about the LSD traffickers. You said you have the man who ran Tammy and Bink off the road."

"If you want to get the LSD traffickers, you need to get some information from this guy."

"You didn't go through all this trouble just for that."

"That and convince you to take Tammy and Bink back to America where they would be in no greater danger than they are here."

"So there will be one less fratello."

"Some of us, such as myself, despise the SWA for the same reason you once did."

"And you wish to close down the SWA by any means at your disposal."

"Yes and without harming the girls in the process. Stopping the LSD traffickers take priority."

"With the corrupt politicians dealt with, this is your new cause. Where is this guy?"

Anne hands Fernando a piece of paper with a set of GPS coordinates. "You will find him tied up in the woods. You may want to do something soon. He will be a little hungry and thirsty when you find him."

"How do we know you are not using this supposed suspect as bait to trap us?"

"What do you want?"

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando: How much do you know about the girls in the SWA? If you can answer that in a manner that I am looking for, and I will tell you why Tammy and Bink can not return to America.

Midnight Man
- - - - -
Malpensa Airport, Milan, Italy, late afternoon.

Midnight has just left the plane from the transfer flight together with the other "replacement pilot" who in fact belongs to the RAS when he receives a mail on his PDA. He is told that someone is waiting for him in a nearby parking garage, and where exactly that "someone" is waiting. Although he knows or at least is sure that nobody outside his team knows that secret mail address of his, he expects an ambush and hesitates to go until the other mouse says, "Come on, let's go, they won't wait for long." So he does, still preparing himself mentally for being trapped without a weapon.

In the garage which is outside the airport's security zone, at the location mentioned in the mail, he meets four mice dressed formally, three males and one female. They are standing in front of a white Fiat Ducato van parked with the front to the wall.

"Mr. Viscount," the female says, "also known as Midnight."

"The same," Midnight replies. "And you happen to be..."

"Friends," one of the males states.

"'Friends' can mean a lot, from real friendship to a lousy disguise for the opposite."

"'The Rangers sent us.' Is that sufficient as a password?" the same male asks.

"I'm still careful, but for now, I accept it. So why are you here, and why am I here?"

"Your equipment," another male mouse says. "You couldn't take much with you disguised as a commercial pilot. So we have to provide you with what you need right here." He hands Midnight a black leather briefcase which appears to be quite stuffed.

"Of course, you also need a transport to be more mobile on this mission," he adds and motions to the car parked next to the van, a black Lancia Delta Evoluzione. "Don't worry about the rumors that these cars are unreliable, it's overhauled thoroughly and equipped with a tuned rally engine. 500 hp, four wheel drive, it goes like Hell and handles like heaven."

"That's all nice and all," Midnight says, "but I don't have a driver's license."

"You're carrying so many faked ID cards, passports, and such, so a faked license or two will certainly not be too much," the first male speaks and hands him the documents.

"What I mean is I've never driven a car. Besides, I'm more comfortable with two wheels, despite never having ridden a motorcycle either."

"You mean you could rather get used to riding a motorcycle than to driving an automobile?" the female asks, and Midnight nods.

"Then have a look at this." She opens the van's rear doors. In the back of the Ducato is a... Ducati. A black Ducati Monster 900 held upright by straps. The straps are removed, a ramp is put in place, and the bike is pushed out of the van. Midnight receives another set of licenses and the keys. "Is this one okay for you, or are you more into BMW boxers?"

"Hey, having a German origin doesn't mean preferring German bikes. Yes, it's perfectly okay for me."

"Start it up and see if it suits you. You may still give it back if it doesn't."

Midnight swings himself onto the motorcycle, inserts the key, and starts up the engine. The deep thunder of the Desmo V-2 mill reverberates in the garage. Technically, he knows how to handle it, where gas, brakes, clutch, and shifting are, but he has no practice. But there's no way back. He puts in the first gear and rides all the way through the garage, turns, and comes back, this time moving a bit faster.

"I think my Italian is improving," he jokes, "for I understand this bike better and better." He turns around again, lets the bike roll slowly, stands up on the footrests, and cranks up the throttle, producing a burnout on the concrete floor. He sits down, speeds down the way, and performs a sliding U-turn, proving that he can estimate how the bike will react in which situation. As he returns again, he thinks about trying a stoppie for a moment, but he doesn't do one.

"You like it, huh?" the female asks.

"Definitely," Midnight responds.

"Fabio, register the bike on his name. It's his now."

One of the male mice sits down in the van, takes a laptop computer and starts to click and type away. "Online registration," he says. "Not quite legal, but no-one actually cares. Welcome to 21st century's Italy."

"You arrived early," the female speaks on, "since you came here by jet plane. You're not expected before tomorrow, so you might use the rest of the day to get familiar with the bike. Your hotels are booked, one here in Milan for tonight, one in Rome for as long as you need. You will find a road map and check-in cards in the briefcase. Your baggage will be taken care of."

Soon after, the group dissolves. Fabio takes the van and brings the other fake pilot to the local RAS headquarters, and the other three mice take the Lancia and follow Midnight who, dressed in black leather and wearing a matching black helmet now, rides the black Ducati through Milan and the surrounding countryside. When he arrives at his hotel, it is already dark, because he insisted in practicing in the darkness, sometimes even with the headlight turned off.

CCC
- - - - -
"I suppose you can stay with us until we get to Rome," Eddie replied.
 - - - - -
"Thank you, Captain."

The bat goes to the quarters provided, finds something to hang upside-down from, and... does absolutely nothing, as far as anyone can see.

In the meantime, something starts searching through news websites throughout Italy, correlating, keeping track, predicting movements; and not just news websites, either, but servers across the country...

It breaks all too easily into Tammy's hospital records. After taking a copy of the information it's after, it quietly reinforces the hospital's digital defenses, leaving itself only one small, carefully-hidden, password-protected hole (in case it needs to return later) in the digital equivalent of a steel-reinforced wall that it places around the hospital's servers.

OOC: Sorry, CCC, no taking over the Teas. I also doubt that the San Jacinto's computer would be able to handle Protocol 7, even if she is an AEGIS cruiser. Though I don't know the specifics about the AEGIS computer system. I shall research them. Eventually.

(If I can't take over the Teas, does that leave the [i]Texas[i] open? :d-wink: )

(CCC, don't worry, you can probably catch a train into Rome itself. Or something.)

(I could have fun with that.)

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Fernando wrote:
Fernando: How much do you know about the girls in the SWA? If you can answer that in a manner that I am lookin for, and I will tell you why Tammy and Bink can not return to America.

Anne was short with her answer. "I know they were given nothing but a mechanical body, a handful of bullets and a life too short to enjoy. If you are asking for something more personal, Angelica's favorite book is The Prince of the Kingdom of Pasta. At the Chinese restaurant where we ran into each other more than six months ago, you compared the SWA to a pimp who abducts children and forces them into adult services. Tell me, what has changed since then outside the fact the SWA is now going after LSD traffickers?"

"You believe that only adults, who happen to be better trained than Tammy, should go after these traffickers?" Fernando asked.

"As a matter of fact, I do."

Fernando
- - - - -
CCC wrote:
 - - - - -
(I could have fun with that.)
 - - - - -
Now, now CCC. If you catch a train, you will need to return it from the nice people you took it from...

Fernando
- - - - -
Jeanette Isabelle wrote:
 Fernando wrote:
 Fernando: How much do you know about the girls in the SWA? If you can answer that in a manner that I am lookin for, and I will tell you why Tammy and Bink can not return to America.
 - - - - -  
Anne was short with her answer. "I know they were given nothing but a mechanical body, a handful of bullets and a life too short to enjoy. If you are asking for something more personal, Angelica's favorite book is The Prince of the Kingdom of Pasta. At the Chinese restaurant where we ran into each other more than six months ago, you compared the SWA to a pimp who abducts children and forces them into adult services. Tell me, what has changed since then outside the fact the SWA is now going after LSD traffickers?"

"You believe that only adults, who happen to be better trained than Tammy, should go after these traffickers?" Fernando asked.

"As a matter of fact, I do."
 - - - - -
Fernando: Do you value Tammy's life?

Annie: To an extent, yes. It is really Bink who I am concerned about . . . rather all the girls in the SWA. I value Tammy's life in the sense she is the only family Bink has left.

Fernando: In the land of America, where people sip from the bowl of Agency Alphabet Soup, many would want to pay big bucks to get their hands on Bink. And I'm not talking about millions of dollars, but tens of millions of dollars. For that reason alone, the Rangers can no longer protect Tammy's life if she were to return with Bink. And I thought about taking on the other girls as well as Bink, but realized that no one would who care for them be safe, because the care givers to these girls would be targeted for elimination and the girls captured for what ever evil schemes there maybe. I would rather have the SWA give something to Tammy that we Rescue Rangers can not give: protection and training to protect herself.

Anne: Could you do me a favor. Keep Tammy in the SWA compound until she takes her job and her training serious.

Fernando: That depends on them, I can only give a recommendation and have a long talk with her. She already went through 6 months of training.

Anne: In that case, Tammy is no more safe here than what she would be in America. Furthermore, her inability to take her job seriously is putting Bink's life on the line as well.

Fernando: She is safer here, because I would rather have her die on the job fighting than having some organized group break into her house to kill her and kidnap Bink while she sleeps.

Anne does not respond. She knows the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Fernando: I would rather have her die with a commendation and a medal than to be a dot on some government statistics chart.

Hondo: We get the point already.

Fernando: In short, Tammy Needs To Grow Up.

Fernando
- - - - -
After a bit of silence and a few bites out of their meals, Fernando adds the following:

Fernando: I don’t know if you see it on a global scale, Annie, but these girls are worth tens of millions of dollars to anyone who can get their hands on them. Every technologically advanced nation; the Germans, Americans, British, French, Italian and Japanese have their own cyborg warrior program going on. Each one is willing to steal the other's technology to see at what level they are on. Furthermore other less technologically advanced nations, and large organized groups would pay double to have them and put them into their forced labor or military camps or worst- dissect and implement the technologies onto others. The seriousness of this nature supercedes the drug and political crisis everyone here has their heads spinning about. As far as I am concerned- this left wing/right wing bull is for the birds!

Racebest
- - - - -
*walks through the room wearing all his CDRR memorabilia, trying to stay unnoticed*

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
OOC: I am not including technology that was not already used in the original "Gunslinger Bink."

Anne carefully puts her thoughts together. "Without the training there is only one place on earth more safe for Tammy and her sister Bink and that is the Rescue Ranger Headquarters. The Rescue Rangers poses technology which the SWA does not. That is because they are inventors, not soldiers."

"For Tammy and Bink to remain safe, they would be confined 24/7. Essentially they would be prisoners." Fernando pointed out. "Here, they have a chance to be free."

"Which is true and if she was given the choice between living in a high tech fortress and living here as a soldier my money is on her staying here."

"What's the point?" Fernando asked.

"If she understands that she does have choice between two evils, she might be more accepting of a decision she made than a decision that was thrust upon her."

"You are conceding that the SWA is a lesser evil?" Fernando continued.

"As much as I despise the SWA for what they did, I am." Anne replied. "Understand this, if I find out that they have conditioned another child there will be Hell to pay."

Fernando has some reservations about the last thing Anne said. "The SWA has eliminated what you called 'bad apples' in the Republican Faction. Explain to me how there will be Hell to pay if the SWA is able to take out your garbage."

"I, not the RF, have access to a piece of technology which the Rescue Rangers poses. It just might be enough to turn the tide on the SWA." Anne was not gloating in her statement. There was something different. "Unless the SWA is back to their old tricks, going against them would be pointless. All that would have been accomplished is shattering what sense of security these kids have."

Fernando
- - - - -
Information seems to be the one of the few things that they both agree on.
What the SWA does to the children is but a matter of opinion, though they both don’t agree on having the girls live shorten lives and in service to the government agency that deals in death of corrupt criminals because the entire government is corrupt; from the lowliest traffic agent to the highest court judge. But there is something about the SWA that sets them apart from all others; self-righteousness. A perverted self-righteousness that makes them believe that they are the answer to the country's problem, dispensed from the business end of a gun.

Fernando Wait right here, I have something in the car for you.

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando returns to the table with a briefcase. From inside, he pulls out a folder containing medical files and pictures of the girls before the SWA took them in and turned them into cyborgs:
medical files wrote:
Code:
Bink: only survivor of a massacre of a family of 6 by a violent gang attack; severely beaten, mutilated and raped multiple times by the mutilated bodies of her dead family. Left to die by the gang. Tried to commit suicide while at the hospital. Mutilation includes: slicing of right ear, destruction of left eye, amputation of right leg above the knee, amputation of left arm above the elbow, amputation of right hand, injury to reproductive organ with mechanical instrument, multiple broken bones. Additional injuries from suicide attempt.

Triela: Found in Amsterdam child sex slave ring; was found raped and mutilated. Died and resuscitated several times on way to hospital. Mutilation includes amputation of digits by each joint on each hand, amputation of both hands at the wrists, amputation of feet at the ankles, partial disembowelment, large incision across the larynx.

Rico: Born with severe multiple birth defects which leaves her unable to move; of these birth defects includes Spinal Bifida.

Angelica: At age 6, was ran over by her father to collect on death insurance claim. Multiple broken bones, including a broken neck and a fractured skull. Severe organ and neurological damage; paralyzed from the 3rd thoracic vertebrae down.

Claes: Age 10, fell out of a 6th story window after a family argument, both parents were arrested for the incident. Multiple broken bones, including broken neck and fractured skull. Die and resuscitated enroute to hospital.

Elsa: Only Survivor of jetliner accident in Milan It., which includes her parents, 1 sister and 1 brother. She had multiple broken bones and 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 65% of her body. (Note: Deceased; killed while protecting her handler, who was also killed.)

Fernando: Consider that these girls were better of dead, the SWA gave them new bodies and new lives. In fact both Triela and Claes were dead. I still don’t agree with what the government does with these girls. But I don’t agree with building bombs to kill people and destroy property to make a point either.

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Hondo just sat and listened. He didn't trust Red headed gals one bit. It might not be a true for all opinion, but it was his. besides this gal had an air of suspicion 'bout her.
*ouch!* Hondo thought as Fernando made his last comment. Hondo agreed with Fernando on this totally. The gal sat there with a look between anger and indignation. She was obviously tryin' to keep her composure. Hondo just hoped she would leave soon so Fernando could fill him in like he had planned on.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Fernando wrote:
Consider that these girls were better of dead, the SWA gave them new bodies and new lives. In fact both Triela and Claes were dead. I still don’t agree with what the government does with these girls. But I don’t agree with building bombs to kill people and destroy property to make a point either.
 - - - - -
Anne looks over the files and pictures. "This goes back to which is the lesser evil." Anne takes a breath. "The SWA has given these kids a new chance at life. A life that, which you pointed out, will never be the same. They would have to be guarded for the rest of their lives." Anne closes the folder. "Back to the man who sent Tammy and Bink to the hospital. Do you want to pick him up yourselves or do you want him delivered? There are no strings attached. We just want to get this scum."

"What would you do if you did not have a cause?" Fernando asked.

Anne does not answer.

-End Page 6

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:19pm

Page 7
Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando slides over a business card to Annie. It contains a phone and room number on the back of a hotel's business card.

Fernando: For now, That is where I will be staying. As for your prisoner, do with him as you wish. I'm too angered to be questioning low lifes, and may send him as a wrapped up package addressed to the to gates of Hell.

Fernando releases a sigh and then takes to his coffee.

Fernando: Don’t take my actions personal. You should be worrying about all these involved factions splitting Italy into Total Civil War. I prevented that the last time I was here, but that prevention is only a delay to the inevitable if these factions do not get together and hammer out an agreement on how to deal with the corrupt government. Right now Blood is flowing in the streets, when it should be flowing in the offices of those guilty of selling their own people short.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Anne takes the business card. "Tomorrow morning you will get a phone call from Nemi Law and Public Safety informing you they just got a lucky break in the case."

"You are showing a lot of trust in the system." Fernando observed. "This is unlike you, Anne."

"I need to go back to the hospital. The director would have a word with me for walking off the job. Fernando, because I am no longer admitted in Tammy and Bink's room, keep me up to date on their condition. Thank-you for breakfast." With that, Anne leaves.

Hondo's skepticism was obvious. "A terrorist volunteering at a hospital?"

"Anne is another good girl hanging out with the wrong crowd."

Hondo did not expect that. "The Republican Faction the 'wrong crowd?' That's an understatement."

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando: Its like this, Hondo: The United States Republican Party hiring the army to roll tanks into congressional hall to evict the Democrats. The Democrats take arms and then start to commit crimes to get their evicted offices back... but it only get them into more trouble. Add a few rich boys who want power and spoil brats with chips on their shoulders, and you will have the problem Italy has now. Add a few more problems and issues like moral disintegration and apathy, drug and a few political assignations, and you will have civil war, which Italy is on the brink off. Hold on, I have to make a phone call.

Fernando takes out his cell phone and makes a phone call to the hospital director.

Fernando: Hello, Dr. Salvatore? Yes, This is Officer Guccioni. I want you to excuse a hospital volunteer, short, thin, red haired mouse... Annie? Yes, that’s her. She was at our offices taking care of a personal nature, she was just released and should be returning soon. No, she is not in any trouble, not at all... she was filling a witness report for us. Yes... thank you. Oh, By the way, talk to Dr. Bianchi for me... Yes, the one with the goatee mustache/beard. Have him allow her to work with his patient- that red headed squirrel. Yes, I think that's her name. Thank you.

Fernando hangs up the phone.

Hondo: Isn't like putting the lamb with the lion?
Fernando: Annie might be a terrorist... I don’t see her as such... but even if she was, she is somebody I can trust and she can trust me. Oh I know that there is the danger of having that trust betrayed, but until now, we take advantage of what the other can do for us.
Hondo: If she is not a terrorist, then what is she?
Fernando: She's bomb builder...

Hondo's jaw just drops.

Fernando: She's a sophisticated bomb builder... not these little snot nose kids who build a cell phone in a back pack bomb some suicide bomber wears. Her devices are a major threat to large buildings and hundreds of lives. Furthermore, she does not plant them on targets, but she builds them and sells them to the highest bidder. Just like a gun manufacturer...
Hondo: That’s will a terrorist to me.
Fernando: Every once in a while, when she thinks her device is being used where innocent people could be killed with, she's the anonymous call that the police gets to stop the device. Personally, I received 2 such calls from her. So if she is a terrorist, she's a terrorist with a conscious.
Hondo: Still a terrorist to me.
Fernando: Welcome to the world of Cloak and Dagger then; where everything is not what is seems and double dealings come from double agents from all levels. Where trust is a toy that can be easily broken and the kids play a came of live and let die. If you can find a double agent you can trust, you treat that double agent like family. Now, you may not like certain members of your family but you love them for who they are.
Hondo: You got that right...
Fernando: Welcome to my dilemma.

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
"Well, I still don't trust her, but I trust you." Hondo said.
"Are you sure you can trust me? Remember what I said about trust in this business." Fernando said.
"You are above, I believe. You could have used me worse last time, but you didn't. I can trust you. All I ask is that if she betrays us, you shoot her or don't stop me from shootin' her." Hondo said with a hard look in his eye. Fernando looked at him a little surprised.
"You want to shoot her? I though you were against shooting women?" Fernando asked with a raised eyebrow.
"For the most part I am, but too many lives are at stake for us to let her go and do more damage if she proves untrustworthy." Hondo said with not as hard a look, but still a firm look. Hondo hated the thought of killin' a gal, but he had determined if it must be done to save the others then he would do it, even though that might would actually make him start drinkin' which he firmly stood against.

"Don't worry. If she betrays us, you probably will not get a chance, but I believe if she was to betray us, she would tell us first. Folk in this type of business have an odd sense of honor or no honor at all. she has some honor, she has proved that." Fernando said.
"True." Hondo said.
"besides if she does that then we have a better chance of stopping her from betraying us and locking her up. would you not prefer that?" Fernando asked.
"If we can yes." Hondo said.

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando: Just keep an open mind and be willing to accept an open deal. But as you know- if its too good to be true...
Hondo: I understand. Now, what was this plan you wanted to tell me about?
Fernando: Well, you heard most of it as I spoke with Annie. The rest is cheesy details of history which is not necessary at this point. I just wonder though- Why LSD? Why not all or most drugs across the board?

Sinclair
- - - - -
Sinclair stepped onto the pier. He was a little late, since most of the group was in Italy for quite a while, but he managed to get some extra stuff and ship in his plane. Officially, he was going to sell it to the local aviation museum as the only surviving Me 262 HG III... but that was the official version.

Fernando
- - - - -
Narrator: LSD was used as a weapon in some civil wars; like: the Former Yugoslavia, Lebanon, Palestine, and in some modern terrorist acts. In the civil wars, water wells were poisoned and small towns were affected. People went crazy and left. In terrorist acts, suicide soldiers would go tripping before blowing themselves up. So as a weapon it can be used both ways.
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -
Dawn over the Mediterranean Sea. It was a stunningly beautiful sight. The orange sky reflected off of the calm waters and onto the scattered low clouds, highlighting them, red against dark blues. At this hour in the morning, the waters were still, disturbed only by the passage of the battleship USS Texas and her AEGIS cruiser escort, the USS San Jacinto. After two days of leisurely sailing, the two ships had arrived at Gaeta, Italy, and the local NATO command. The command ship USS Mount Whitney was tied up at the small pier, surrounded by floating protective buoys.

The solitary pier at the base was much too small for the Texas to tie up at. Instead, the giant battle wagon simply dropped anchor inside the somewhat sheltered bay. The stay at Gaeta would not be very long, as soon the battleship would be making its way further northward, along the Italian coast.

But it was enough time to transfer a certain bat ashore. Now armed with passports, CCC was motored ashore in a launch, with instructions for those onshore to get him to Rome. Or wherever he wanted to go.

It was also here that Captain Dixon first learned of Admiral Donnely's escape.

"Wasn't he dead? Didn't that guy named Sinclair kill him?" he asked Captain RangerReady,via secure radiophone.

"Yeah, but they brought him back once he came ashore."

"Then why didn't they execute him?!" Eddie yelled.

"I don't know. Maybe those spooks Fernando kept going on about wanted him to be kept alive. They sure like cyborgs."

Eddie growled. Injustice for any reason was something he absolutely detested. Cyborg or no, as far as he was concerned, ex-Admiral Ignacius Donnelly was a traitor to the United States of America.

"If they didn't shoot him, why didn't they lock him up more carefully?"

"Beats me."

"Terrific. At least now though, since he's been stripped of command, rank, and everything else, we shouldn't have to worry about him coming after us with warships."

"Don't be so sure. You don't know him like I do," RangerReady cautioned.

"Maybe. But if he shows his face anywhere near *my* ship, I'll have him shot on sight. And then we'll tie him to a 16" shell and deep-six the body." False bravado or overconfidence maybe, but Eddie thoroughly despised traitors to the US. It was his sworn duty to protect his country from maniacs like Donnelly.

"I think I have more to worry about than you at the moment," said Charlie. "I'm pretty sure it'll be me he goes after first."

"Well I appreciate the call. Thank you."

"Any time, pal."

Eddie hung up the phone and rubbed his eyes. Donnelly couldn't possibly get his paws on a Navy ship now, could he? The investigation that had followed Donnelly's "defection" six months ago was still ongoing, but it seemed that most of Donnelly's "supporters" had been rooted out of the Navy. There weren't all that many; the North Carolina had actually been the worst case that had been found, with thirty-some-odd members of her senor leadership being implicated. After that, the battleship had been retired once more, and returned to the state of North Carolina. Throughout the rest of the Atlantic Fleet, Donnelly's men had been fewer and further between, and nowhere near concentrated enough to initiate any more coups.

Considering all of this, Dixon felt fairly confident that while Donnelly was still out there, he would not be able to do much. For the moment, at least.

OOC: Oh how wrong he'll likely be...

CCC
- - - - -
The mouse at the ticket office was polite, and a gentle fellow who certainly did not deserve what happened that day.

It wasn't the bat who wanted a ticket to Rome by the fastest possible route. Tickets to Rome by "the fastest possible route" had been somewhat popular recently.

Some of it had to do with the fact that the bat appeared to have a military escort, which was unusual to say the least.

And it did not help that the bat had spent five minutes insisting that the ticket had been paid for by bank transfer, eventually pulling the required documentation out of thin air.

Nor the way that the bat had suddenly stopped mid-sentence to tell the military fellow escorting him to "please pass the message on to Captain Eddie when you get back that Donelly has escaped."

But the main cause for the ticket clerk's unease had been the fact that, once he had handed the bat his ticket, the bat's proof of payment had gone missing and he had been unable to find it ever since, though the payment had certainly gone through as required...

Fernando
- - - - -
Fernando: If one wanted to affect the population with drugs, why not do like the USA did in the late '80s: Paraquat the marijuana fields, and create a deadly form of artificial heroin that was around California at the time... Hell- even formaldehyde in a mega ton- pot shipment; that would put a freeze on the drug market and kill off targets.
Hondo: But if one was making money, poisoning the stash would destroy the market.
Fernando: That’s the point. Why make something so strong that its poisonous.
Hondo: Most poisons put into a system at low levels, the body gets immune to it. You should know, since you can counter act tranquilizers. It would be interesting, to see you under the influence of LSD.

Fernando gives him a stern look.
Fernando: Explain.
Hondo: That certain tranquilizer you're immune to is a cure-all for LSD, Right? If you get hit with LSD...
Fernando: I don’t freak out like normal people do. In fact, its no secret that this body does counter act any poison it comes in contact with. But I can take a Thorazine shot to counteract the LSD if I had too, and it would not effect me.
Hondo: What can affect you?
Fernando: I'd rather not expose my upper limits.
Hondo: Then why am I driving? What if I get hit with the stuff?
Fernando: Don’t roll down your windows. Besides, I have a few Thorazine-pens for just in case.

Hondo remains quiet for the moment.

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -
Anne knows she has gained Fernando's trust, something valuable in this business, though she really has not earned it. She determined to not loose it. Anne has a good heart; her dilemma lies in the one writing her paycheck. She recalls the meeting six months ago:

Jeanette Isabelle wrote:
Anne Rossellini and her partner Franco approach the two mice in the outdoor cafe. The gentleman mouse motions to Anne and Franco to have a seat.

Anne expresses her concern to the other mice. "Meeting like this is hardly secure."

"No place is secure. From here, at least, it will be difficult for anyone to trail us once we leave." The lady mouse hands Anne and Franco a slip of paper, folded in half. "From here on out I will contact you either by pay phone or disposable cell phone. This is the protocol we will use. Memorize it."

Anne and Franco memorize the instructions and then hands it back to the female mouse who then slides the suitcase to Anne. "This will more than cover the costs. Wait for further instructions."
 - - - - -
Anne returns to the hospital where she was told Dr. Salvatore wanted to speak with her.

"Anne," Dr. Salvatore begins, "I recently got off the phone with Officer Guccioni. He told me what happened." Anne did not know what was said; that didn't matter. She conducted herself like a professional. Dr. Salvatore continues. "He also asked that you work with Dr. Bianchi. I have talked with Dr. Bianchi and you will work with his patients Tammy and Bink Squirrel. One final item, I understand why you had to leave; the next time you are called to fill out a witness report, let us know."

In this business Anne's youthful appearance is an asset, an asset useful in her role as an unassuming teen. "Sure thing." Anne replied. "Anything else?"

"That will do, Anne. That will do."

Anne leaves the office and meets with the unsuspecting Dr. Bianchi. "Doctor. I understand I'll be working with Tammy and Bink."

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -
Alex II and Triple X in Nami Public and Saffey Meeting room also a Map of Italy was there also a Map of Nami was there too

Alex II: Time to Stop the LSD Runners coming from Savarator Norther Italy and I know were they sending the LSD On A1 and E-35 Freeway so we need to cut them off on E-45 so you need put a Check Point There on the A1/E-35 and E-45 Entrances as Check Point 2 Will be on E-35 Near Montoro, Check Point Three in Nami Scalo also check Point 4 in Nami on SS675

Chef Denstan: I See a Squees Play on the LSD Runners good Ideal

Alex II: Yep

Chef Denstan: OK Let do this

*Then Triple X was station near A1/E35/45 Freeway while rest of the check points are station too*

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -
Hondo and Fernando finish up their breakfasts quickly and get ready to head out. Hondo decided that when he gets back to the truck he is goin' to use that old leather arm armor under his coat for safety sake.
"Fernando I hope you know I didn't mean anythin' by that, 'bout the LSD." Hondo said as they walked out.
"Don't worry about it." Fernando said.
"and I hope you know I wouldn't use any info against you, like the 'what can affect you,' question." Hondo said.
"I know." Fernando said. Hondo always hates it when he gets on these short answer kicks.
"So where we off to now?" Hondo asked
"you'll see." Fernando said. Hondo gave him a look.
"Get in and I'll tell you." Fernando said as he returned the look. Hondo just shook his head and got into the driver seat.

Midnight Man
- - - - -
"Who are these mice," Midnight wonders as he has a look at what 'equipment' has been waiting for him at his room, "and did really anyone of us hire them? Hell, even if one of my team hired them, I wouldn't trust them blindly."

Apart from his own suitcase and leather briefcase, he finds two aluminum cases plus holding brackets for the Ducati. He carefully opens them, expecting anything from nothing to a bomb triggered by the locks, but nothing happens. The 'equipment' he finds includes several tools, a time switch, a disassembled sniper rifle with several sorts of ammo, and a lot more.

Having just arrived from the States and being six hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, he feels he cannot get any sleep soon. So he leaves the room for another walk. However, he doesn't take the front door. Instead, he heads for the bar's restrooms and climbs out of a window with the help of a rope ladder he has found in one of the aluminum cases. He removes the rope ladder, but leaves the window open. Actually, it would be impossible to shut it as he has taken the lock with him.

He heads directly for the emergency exit of the parking garage, takes a look around to see if anyone is watching, and checks the door. 'No working alarm trigger,' he concludes. 'Well, we're in Italy, so what?' He enters the garage through that door and walks to the parked Ducati which he then examines closely. Lo and behold, he discovers a GPS transmitter hidden behind the license plate and a small detonator controlled via mobile phone under the tank, right above the upright cylinder's carburetor. They are both held in place by magnets. 'It's bad enough that you're tracking me, but setting a beautiful motorcycle ablaze is a crime.' He leaves the transmitter, but takes the bomb with him in the pocket of his jacket as he returns to his room, knowing that whoever placed it there would never ignite it when he isn't riding the bike.

The early next morning sees Midnight ride the packed Ducati. And he notices an Alfa Brera behind him. So he slowly steers the motorcycle all over Milan with no recognizable destination. As he expected, the Alfa stays behind him.

The autostrada A1 would take him directly to Rome. But he decides that it's a nice day to take a trip along the Ligurian Sea, so he takes the A7 instead. The Alfa is still there.

"Alright, you wanna play a game, huh?" Until then, he has kept a rather low speed so that the Alfa would remain behind him and not fall back. He figures that whoever sent him the bomb might also have sent the pursuers. "Okay, but here's a little change of rules!" He takes the small magnetic bomb out of his pocket and tosses it at the Alfa before he accelerates dramatically. The bomb lands on the very front of the Alfa's hood, and Midnight speeds along on the almost empty autostrada. "Catch me if you can! Oh, right, that's just a front-wheel-driven Alfa, not a Ferrari 612." About half a minute later, he notices a small explosion in his rear view mirrors.

As the bomb detonates, it unlocks the Alfa's hood which shoots upward and blocks the driver's view. With mere luck, the car evades a tank rig loaded with Diesel fuel. Leaning out of the side window, the squirrel at the wheel manages to steer it off the autostrada and park it. The pursuing vehicle is out of the game, the target is not hit at all, and all that remains is the GPS signal.

Fernando
- - - - -
A wrapped acorn makes its way through the mail and at the steps of the Rescue Rangers' Office. Dale picks up the package and brings it to the public meeting area.

Chip: What is that?
Dale: Looks like somebody mailed us an acorn.
Chip: Now who would do that?

Dale unwraps the acorn.

Chip: Where is it from?
Dale: It says its from Tammy in Italy... Ooo, its big...

It was big. Like any acorn they had seen before, but at least twice the size. An attached note on the side says- "Saw this, and thought about you all! Enjoy! (Tammy)"

But there was a fine dark powder covering it. Dale wipes it with his bare hands and asks for a knife. He cuts slices from it and hands one to Chip. The dark powder covers everything.

Dale: Juicy...
Chip: I don’t remember oak trees in Italy.
Dale: Sure they do. How else are squirrels and 'mucks live in Italy... And they have bigger acorns!

They start eating it. The powder gives the acorn a bit of a bitter but palatable taste. When they finished, they sit back in their chairs.

Dale: Too bad Gadget and Monty will never enjoy acorns like we do.
Chip: That’s because they are mice. They probably say the same thing about us and cheese.
Dale: Yeah...

They both lean back on their chairs and sigh. In another minute they fall back on the floor, acting weird and spastic. After a while, they start to convulse. They were found like that by Gadget and Monty, being immediately sent Dr. Aiesha's office. They were comatose when they arrived.
-End Page 7

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18