Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 5th, 2024, 8:05am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Gunslinger Bink (Read 91586 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: Gunslinger Bink
Reply #10 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:23pm

Sinclair
- - - - -  
I have my 'first aid' kit just in case... plus Gadget can help me if need arises. Wink
--------------------------------------------------
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
It looks like we will have plenty of medical kits of various designs. I have designed my kits for missionaries. I will be bringing two of them for our mission.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Fernando calls a meeting of all involved for later that night in Cafe.
Once nightfall on the cafe, and the younger crowd goes home to bed, the others come. The cafe is still open to the rest of the patrons, however. Thus Fernando takes the group to a more secluded area of the cafe to hold the meeting.
Fernando: Men, rodents and what ever else remains, listen up. We need to be more organized and standardized amoungst ourselves. First off, you are not to bring in your own weapons of anykind.
Voice in group: Any Why Not?
Fernando: Airport security for one, customs- two. Either one will find those weapons and have its owners arrested. You decide to bring in your own weapons, thats your perogative. But if you get caught, and you will get caught, we know nothing about you, and you are to rot in jail for how ever long it takes. Do I make myself clear?
Silence.
Fernando: Do I Make Myself Clear?!!
Group in sadden unison: Yes... sir...
Fernando: Good.
Silence.
Fernando: Any weapons to be used, will be distributed when we are there, and they will be accounted, and returned. This will keep the possibility of the authorities off our tails as much as possible. This means for you- you can only bring 1 suitcase with enough clothes and tourists equipment with you. Cameras, guides and maps, phrase books, whatever. Nothing more.
Everyone nods in agreement, though its an imposed agreement.
Fernando: We will get there in 3 planes; 2 Jearjets 60's and 1 737BBJ. The Learjets will be backups to the 737BBJ, and only be used as a means of a quick escape. All 3 will will bring in supplies and assorted equipment needed for the mission. We will have lodging in 4 different hotels, have a mini communications systems, paw-sized internet access. Everyone will have a specific task in the mission. I dont care how it is done, as long as it is done without colaterial damage. Mission parameters will be assigned to all of us when we get there. The exceptions are the following: Midnight- you will fly Learjet-1. Sinclair, Learjet-2. I will fly the 737BBJ. AlexII, you will co-pilot with Midnight. DOS- you will download FlightSim, learn it, and co-pilot with Sincliar. I will look at my choices of co-pilot, though I would prefer not to have one, I will need one. I'm sure that the other pilots would argue with me on that. Here is the folowing information on the equipment to be used:
737BBJ: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/172789
Learjet 60: http://www.pbase.com/marchael/image/42996460
http://www.thejetcard.co.uk/www/midsizejet.php
MiniRadios: https://www.wildday.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=5082
Wireless Internet Paw-Device: http://www.pencomputersolutions.com/palmwireless.htm

Fernando: Any Questions? Good. Now go home, and tell your families you love them.
Arik & DOS
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Fernando: We will get there in 3 planes; 2 Jearjets 60's and 1 737BBJ. The Learjets will be backups to the 737BBJ, and only be used as a means of a quick escape. All 3 will will bring in supplies and assorted equipment needed for the mission. We will have lodging in 4 different hotels, have a mini communications systems, paw-sized internet access. Everyone will have a specific task in the mission. I dont care how it is done, as long as it is done without colaterial damage. Mission parameters will be assigned to all of us when we get there. The exceptions are the following: Midnight- you will fly Learjet-1. Sinclair, Learjet-2. I will fly the 737BBJ. AlexII, you will co-pilot with Midnight. DOS- you will download FlightSim, learn it, and co-pilot with Sincliar. I will look at my choices of co-pilot, though I would prefer not to have one, I will need one. I'm sure that the other pilots would argue with me on that. Here is the folowing information on the equipment to be used:
737BBJ: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/172789
Learjet 60: http://www.pbase.com/marchael/image/42996460
http://www.thejetcard.co.uk/www/midsizejet.php
MiniRadios: https://www.wildday.co.uk/ProductDetail ... uctID=5082
Wireless Internet Paw-Device: http://www.pencomputersolutions.com/palmwireless.htm
- - - - -  
I will practice the simulation. The only other difference is I won't be needing a Palm Pilot. I will, however, be needing the two-way radio.
DOS
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II: For the weapons CIA allready have a contact in the US Embesey in Iatly once we get there he will have the Weapons Ready for us Stunners They will be in the Embesey Ready so We will meet him he is not on the Radar of Italy he can Etrcipt to make sure he won't get caught and he also have a code name Sam Speed that his code name he is a Male Rat with Sunglasess and Blue shirt, Pants also Black Shoes he work for the US Emebsey as a worker so we will meet with him
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
OOC: DOS: I am aware that we are covert. I'm also aware that a battleship is anything but covert. That's why the ship is so far away. Since I am not actively participating in the the mission, she is simply there for a NATO exercise, but can be diverted if necessary. After Bink is retrieved, she will monitor the progress of the planes as they leave the country. (Where from Italy will they go? Germany? Spain? Africa? Can a 737 even make it over the Atlantic Ocean?)) As a precaution, Texas also has plenty search and rescue gear aboard and a team of search and rescue experts. (just a thought, in case a missile from our enemy finds one of the planes on the way out.)
(Further OOC: Would the [url=OOC: DOS: I am aware that we are covert. I'm also aware that a battleship is anything but covert. That's why the ship is so far away. Since I am not actively participating in the the mission, she is simply there for a NATO exercise, but can be diverted if necessary. After Bink is retrieved, she will monitor the progress of the planes as they leave the country. (Where from Italy will they go? Germany? Spain? Africa? Can a 737 even make it over the Atlantic Ocean?)) As a precaution, Texas also has plenty search and rescue gear aboard and a team of search and rescue experts. (just a thought, in case a missile from our enemy finds one of the planes on the way out.)
(Further OOC: Would the Seawolf class attack submarine USS Jimmy Carter be of any use? Of the three Seawolf class ships built, she was specially adapted for covert ops, with the addition of a 100-foot long Multiple Mission Platform (MMP) that has accommodations for ROVs and Navy SEALS. It's just a thought.)]Seawolf class attack submarine[/url] USS Jimmy Carter be of any use? Of the three Seawolf class ships built, she was specially adapted for covert ops, with the addition of a 100-foot long Multiple Mission Platform (MMP) that has accommodations for ROVs and Navy SEALS. It's just a thought.)
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
A little stylish on the planes, eh? any old freight plane would have suited me. I do want a few of my own weapons, but I shipped them ahead via museum labeled freight. I will pick them up once we get there, but only if I need them. A missionary friend works part time @ the museum.
Oh and I'll only need my saddle bags, if it's alright.
I'll have no weapons on me @ departure time.
One question though. aren't 3 planes coming from the U.S. like this stir up suspicion, or do you have a cover story for us to use?
also, I do pilot. Just in case you need a spare. With that said, I'll see y'all at the air port.
Fernando
- - - - -  
US Travel Restrictions Guidelines:
* Travelers may now carry through security chellpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.
* After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.
At the chellpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.
In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the chellpoint for additional screening. The following guidance is provided to ensure the health and welfare of certain air travelers the following items are permitted.
* Baby formula and breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling;
* All prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including KY jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes;
* Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
* Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
* Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
* Gels or frozen liquids needed to cool disability or medically related items used by persons with disabilities or medical conditions.
( http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/9-25_updated_passenger_guidance.shtm )
Also; using USAir policies as a travelling standard, this is what you are limited to (read website): http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/traveltools/baggage/baggagepolicies.aspx
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
The only thing I'll be takin' on the plane is a little water and a map of the area to study. May I suggest that's about all anyone should bring besides a book, but seein' as we are going to be busy, sleep will probably be the best thing so that we're fresh for the fight.
by the by, what town will most of the action be taking place, so's that I can get a detailed map of the area?
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Hondo I. Sackett"]
by the by, what town will most of the action be taking place, so's that I can get a detailed map of the area?
- - - - -  
Good question. It's in Northern Italy around Lombardy, Veneto, and Piemonte.
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 - - - - -
- - - - -  
Is there any way that you could be a bit more specific? Those three provinces or regions pretty much stretch all the way across northern Italy. Could you specify a city at all, or are all of the activities going to be spread out over this area? (BTW, one of the larger cities in this region is Milan.)
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II: I see well I be taking my PSP too for boardume on the Plane
CCC
- - - - -  
Alex II: I see well I be taking my PSP too for boardume on the Plane
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
is it the Milan Malpensa International Airport that we will be using? most international flights to that region land there. also here is a interactive road map site http://www.discoveritalia.com/mappe/mappeRaster.asp?lingua=en
-End Page 10

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #11 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:26pm

Midnight Man
- - - - -  
Where will we pilots take over the aircraft? Will we get them on a commercial airport or somewhere else? For somewhere else might allow us for certain preparations, preparations such as hiding items in the planes which might come in handy.  
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 - - - - -
- - - - -  
Milan, located in Lombardy Italy.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
is it the Milan Malpensa International Airport that we will be using? most international flights to that region land there. also here is a interactive road map site http://www.discoveritalia.com/mappe/mappeRaster.asp?lingua=en
- - - - -  
I thought so as it was the most logical choice for that area because of the airports, Restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. it seems to be northern Italy's major hub. in case no one saw it I reposted the map site.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
I thought so as it was the most logical choice for that area because of the airports, Restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. it seems to be northern Italy's major hub. in case no one saw it I reposted the map site.
- - - - -  
Until tonight I have not given much thought to the exact location of the main action of the story. After some research, Milan seems to be the ideal city.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
maybe I need to foil line my Stetson? :?
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
maybe I need to foil line my Stetson? :?
- - - - -  
It's not that. You asked a legitimate question for which I did not have the answer for at the time. I did some research and chose Milan.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
that's not what I meant. I did some research on Italy before I asked and i researched the Milan area mostly. Then when you gave a region, I studied Milan area heavier. Then you said Milan. So I said,"dang, someone else can read my mind or I'm reading their's". as my brother and I, though I put no stake in it, read minds a lot. I can't control it, but I do it often. I call it "The gift" like the Sackett's had.
Do something once, it's called an accident, twice it's called an coincidence, but do it three or more times and you have proven a natural law.
CCC
- - - - -  
that's not what I meant. I did some research on Italy before I asked and i researched the Milan area mostly. Then when you gave a region, I studied Milan area heavier. Then you said Milan. So I said,"dang, someone else can read my mind or I'm reading their's". as my brother and I, though I put no stake in it, read minds a lot. I can't control it, but I do it often. I call it "The gift" like the Sackett's had.
Do something once, it's called an accident, twice it's called an coincidence, but do it three or more times and you have proven a natural law.
- - - - -  
If I flip a perfectly fair coin three times, I have a one in eight chance of getting three heads.
That does not in any way prove that I will always get heads.
(With a perfectly fair dice, I have a one in 216 chance of getting three ones. This is less likely, but not impossible by any means.)
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
  - - - - -
 - - - - -
Milan, located in Lombardy Italy.
- - - - -  
We can contact the old Picolo Company... Wink
Uhm guys... how many of you actually speak Italian?
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
I can read most of it, but speak? nope.
@CCC: the saying came from the book unwritten laws, and was made popular by Grace Murry Hopper(it's called Hopper's law) a mathematician with a PH.D. from Yale and was one of the first computer programmers. She also joined the navy and did the primary work on Mark 1 an electromechanical ancestor of the moder computer, and retired a rear admiral in '66. She was also the person responsible for coining the term 'bug' as referring to a computer programming problem.
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
- - - - -  
I know what "Finochio" means.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
- - - - -  
Con o senza la traduzione?
DOS
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
US Travel Restrictions Guidelines:
* Travelers may now carry through security chellpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.
* After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.
At the chellpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.
In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the chellpoint for additional screening. The following guidance is provided to ensure the health and welfare of certain air travelers the following items are permitted.
* Baby formula and breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling;
* All prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including KY jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes;
* Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
* Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
* Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
* Gels or frozen liquids needed to cool disability or medically related items used by persons with disabilities or medical conditions.
( http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/9-25_updated_passenger_guidance.shtm )
- - - - -  
The questions I have asked have not been answered. I will assume medical gear will already be provided so I won't bring my kits. The question, as to what we can and cannot bring on a plane, is not at issue. Jeanette can bring her Mag-Lite, EMT shears, pocket first aid kit, pocket wilderness survival kit and a Victorinox Classic Swiss Army knife in her chelled in luggage and it won't even raise a single flag. The question is, which of these items, if any, would look suspicious on our mission? Some of these items, such as the EMT shears, pocket first aid kit and a Victorinox Classic, I also have.
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
I have one question: once the mission is over (assuming success) what route will the aircraft take back to the United States and the Cafe (New York, assuming that location.) A 737 probably wouldn't be my first choice for a transatlantic flight. One possible route might be Milan-Reykjavik-New York. Any others, Fernando?
Fernando
- - - - -  
puˆ¾ parlare e leggere dentro 35 lingue, 30 ˆ® linguaggi di programmazione... non chiede!
-End Page 11

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #12 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:30pm

Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Severe Weather Eddie"]
I have one question: once the mission is over (assuming success) what route will the aircraft take back to the United States and the Cafe (New York, assuming that location.) A 737 probably wouldn't be my first choice for a transatlantic flight. One possible route might be Milan-Reykjavik-New York. Any others, Fernando?
- - - - -  
A 737BBJ has larger fuel tanks, better fuel savings engines, and carries lighter loads (max 100 passengers, all in first class, and minimal cargo), and is trans-Pacific approved. hell, damn plane has beds in it! Real Beds, not Fold Back Seats! Its like the Buick 225 engine- old design, still being used today with modern tech!
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
The questions I have asked have not been answered. I will assume medical gear will already be provided so I won't bring my kits. The question, as to what we can and cannot bring on a plane, is not at issue. Jeanette can bring her Mag-Lite, EMT shears, pocket first aid kit, pocket wilderness survival kit and a Victorinox Classic Swiss Army knife in her chelled in luggage and it won't even raise a single flag. The question is, which of these items, if any, would look suspicious on our mission? Some of these items, such as the EMT shears, pocket first aid kit and a Victorinox Classic, I also have.
- - - - -  
The USAir list should be clear. Anything NOT on the list should not be brought with you. You should only bring yourself, clothes and anything else to look like a dumb tourist, because that is what your act will be.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
almost easier to buy new once there. even so, that other stuff should be no problem in cargo bay. I recently flew to Maine and I have 10 knifes, veryin' from 6 to 18 inches in my suitcase. I never leave home without them. We don't need med kit in plane, at least until we have to flee the country, with wounded, or be imprisoned for life.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Right so I'll have to leave this... [puts the Rheinmetall M1 railgun aside] Wink
Now I'm ready.
Fernando
- - - - -  
*After spending a couple of days preparing the plane with various ground crew members before going back to the Cafe. Another meeting is called...*
Fernando: We leave tomorrow at 7am. You need to be at the PamAm Terminal at JFK Airport at least 1 hour before to go through airport security. Then you will be directed to the gate where the plane is kept, you will board it, sit comfortably, and give the lovely stewardeses what you would like for breakfast. You will have a choice of eggs, waffles, pancakes or cerial; with meat: bacon, saugage, canandian sauage, fish or crab cakes, or steak; and/or fruit; milk, juice, tea or coffee. Its an 8 hour flight, so be prepared for a long flight. We will all eat before take off, so that the pilots can eat too. Any questions?
Voice in group: Who's your co-pilot?
Fernando: Co-pilot? Oh, that little issue. OK, I choose JeanetteIsabelle as my co-pilot. Before I forget, the two learjets will go head of us and land at Milan internatianal ahead of the main group in the 737BBJ. We will gather at a hanger within the airport, there we will recieve additional instructions before we begin.
*Fernando then starts to walk away.*
Voice in group: Wait a minute!
Fernando: You have your orders. The clock is running. Do not disturb me, I need my sleep.
Voice in crowd: BUT!
*Fernando walks out of the cafe and goes home*
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
let him go. that's all I need to know. I'm a leavin' now and will sleep in my Bronco in the parkin' lot. Ifin y'all need me that is were I'll be. I think I'll have the Bacon for breakfast and tea without sugar. I hope they have Darjeelin'. and waffles w/Cherries.
Everyone needs to get to sleep. Y'all need it. Don't worry none either. I only worry when others are gettin' shot at. if it's me and I at lease have a knife, then I'll get concerned only if i haven't had breakfast first.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Sinclair went to his room in the Cafe to chell, rechell and then chell again, that he had everything he'll need and won't run into problems with airport security. Satisfied, he dropped on the bed and was fast asleep.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Fernando: Co-pilot? Oh, that little issue. OK, I choose JeanetteIsabelle as my co-pilot.
- - - - -  
Time out! Jeanette is your co-pilot? Jeanette hasn't even sat in a co-pilot's seat since she was six and you want her to be your co-pilot? I can understand DOS, she's a computer. She can take off, fly and land for the first time with no trouble at all. Jeanette knows the lingo and maybe even remember how a cockpit is laid out but that's it.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Fernando"]
 Fernando: Co-pilot? Oh, that little issue. OK, I choose JeanetteIsabelle as my co-pilot.
 - - - - -
Time out! Jeanette is your co-pilot? Jeanette hasn't even sat in a co-pilot's seat since she was six and you want her to be your co-pilot? I can understand DOS, she's a computer. She can take off, fly and land for the first time with no trouble at all. Jeanette knows the lingo and maybe even remember how a cockpit is laid out but that's it.
- - - - -
I know. I know... The expression on Jeanette's face was worth watching.
She has 8 hours to read 'Stick and Rudder: The Art of Flying', or at least put the book under the pillow and sleep with it and allow the knowledge held within to seep through the book and into her sleeping brain. It is a good read! :mrgreen:
Lets put it this way- its not whether she can fly or not, but its a test on trust, which everyone will undergo in this mission at one time or another. One that I know she will pass blindfolded.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
taking off is easy, and landing is easy. staying in one piece when landing, well, if every one lives, that is a luxury.
RangerReady23
- - - - -  
Somewhere, out upon the boundless Atlantic...
*A persistent, annoying beeping pervades the cabin, nudging abrasively at the determined sleeper's consciousness. However, a signal from the bridge is not something that the slumbering captain's brain will ignore ere long, out of habit. Aboard the carrier USS Enterprise, he has become acutely attuned to the operations of his ship. Stifling a disappointed groan, he shakes himself awake, pushing the vestiges of sleep away. RangerReady pushes away from his bunk, keying his cabin's radio on as he stands.*
"Go ahead, Bridge."
"Yes sir...you asked for hourly reports on the situation from the Cafe."
*His posture straightens slightly, and his gaze becomes keen, and interested.*
"Indeed I did. Any news on a rescue attempt?"
"Not as such, Captain. We've had word that there's going to be a mission...but Fernando's being very closed-mouthed about it."
"Hmph. That's like him. Any word from Captain Dixon on the Texas?"
"Not a peep, sir...apparently the Starfox knows about as much as we do."
*RR has to stifle a chuckle. His friend's battle prowess, both with paintball and fireworks, has become legendary, earning him the moniker 'Starfox' among the Enterprise crew. Leaning one elbow against the wall, he keys the transmit button again.*
"Keep us on standby alert, Lieutenant. Whatever's being planned, I want to be ready to steam out and mount a rescue to their rescue, if need be."
"Affirmative. Shall we continue monitoring the Cafe channels, as per previous orders?"
"Round the clock. Wake me up the minute you hear anything."
"Aye-aye, Captain."
Fernando
- - - - -  
4am, JFK Airport:
A lone squirrel walks about the tarmac inspecting 3 aircraft. He's wearing dark glasses, a Hugo Boss suit with a silk shirt and shoes that costs more that what it takes a feed a village of poor children in Nicaragaua in a year. After a while, several suited individuals approach him. One starts to talk to himwhile others have weapons drawn and the last frisks him. A small American Arms .38 auto was found.
Suit: Not the .45 today?
Lone Squirrel: Dont need the .45.
Suit: Hmmm... Maybe we should bring you out of retirement.
Lone Squirrel: Why dont you, maybe I'll get more respect from this monkey outfit.
Suit: You know there are no monkeys in the organization.
Lone Squirrel: I swear- your guys make Furs-In-Black look like a boy scout troop. Just cut it out with the seriousiness.
Suit: If we were like them, we'd be in the tabliods too, a laughing stock to the government.
Lone Squirrel: Look. Just alert the military as to whats going on, so if we need help, it will be there. I dont want to be in the New Millenium's version of the Bay of Pigs.
Suit: Bay of Pigs will be the least of your worries.
Lone Squirrel: I want a clean operation. I dont know why you guys dragged me out of a quiet life, but since I'm now involved, its going to be a clean operation. No bodies. No property damages.
Suit: This, from the agent who created a scene at Macy's on his first mission? You know how long it too to keep that from hitting the newspapers?
Lone Squirrel: that was over 30 years ago.
Suit: Yes, and we wont let you forget about it, either.
Lone Squirrel: Oh... just give me the access codes to activate the flight computers and I'll be on my way.
Suit hands over a booklet of the plane's flight program.
Lone Squirrel: What? No floppy disks or IBMPunch cards? I have to input all this data myself?
Suit: Isn't this why you have Jeanette as your co-pilot?
Lone Squirrel: Leave her out of this.
Suit: You would have been better off bringing that fairy with you too.
Lone Squirrel: Leave her out of it too.
Suit: Hmmm, glad to see some things never change.
Lone Squirrel: They have, You just never noticed them.
Suit: We'll see about that. By the way-screw this mission up, well have your daughter.
Lone Squirrel: Things were OK until you just said that. Now I'm going to make sure that we come back mission complete, so I can kick your ass personally.
Suit: With all the armed guards around me? You'll be killed before you get 2 feet in front of me.
Lone Squirrel: They can kill me, but I'll will kill you as they kill me. No one threatens my daughter- Not you, not god. And now that you have, you are going to pay for that stupid comment.
Suit: And for yours, you just made this mission a one way trip, at least for you.
Lone Squirrel: We'll see about that.
The others start to walk away, as if on cue, when the one doing all the talking lights up a cigarette. After a few puffs, he taps the cigarette, dumping the ashes on the Lone Squirrel's shoes. Then he turns around and walks away.
Lone Squirrel (to himself): Remember, I'm bringing home a trained child assassin, who you want for yourselves. You just might get your wish, but not as you planned.
Lone Squirrel walks from under the plane's undercarriage and up a flight of stairs to enter the larger of the 3 planes.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II was looking at that Squrrial as he was geting into his Selth Plane "Who is that Squrrial? *Then he enter into the plane while his best Polit began to following the jet that Nando and company are on*
Alex II: Is everything ready
Polit 1: yea Selt Device is ready and Radair Jammer is ready too
Alex II: Ok once there Plane take off Follow it so we can help them
Polit 2: Right
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo chuckled to himself as he watched the guys in the suits leave Fernando. He had been there since 11:00 the night before and had staked out the area. he watched when those black suit folk arrived and was suspicious of them. He saw all of them leave their vehicle and stakeout the area themselves. Hondo had a rifle ready and could take them out before they had time to blink if necessary. when Fernando arrived they were quick to approach him.
"This is as good of time as any." they had a gasoline powered vehicle and Hondo had a plan to make them worry. He hot wired their fuel gauge to read full and drained most of their fuel into a storm drain. Hondo then slipped around them and hid again until they had gone from sight.
*I'll go let Fernando know I'm here and see if he needs a hand.* Hondo thought as he slipped back to his Bronco to lock his rifle inside. He then proceeded to sneak back around the airport guards, who he has been fooling all night, and made his way to the plane. He hoped in the open luggage hatch and found the trap door that leads into the main cabin. He sees Fernando in the cockpit, but instead of approaching him, and possible scaring him, which even though he was fast, Hondo wondered if he was that fast. Not to temp fate, Hondo sat down on one of the seats and waited for Fernando to notice him, which he knew if he did not know he was there already he at leased sensed it.
Hondo
Fernando
- - - - -  
Over the 737BBJ's loud speaker:
You know, Hondo, when you loose 1 of your senses, the others augement themselves to make up for the loss. Not only did I hear you, I can also smell you. Now ask the nice lady thats approaching from behind for a menu and get something into your belly.
-End Page 12

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #13 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:32pm

Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
You should only bring yourself, clothes and anything else to look like a dumb tourist, because that is what your act will be.
- - - - -  
This dumb tourist carries a modified Johnson & Johnson FIRST AID TO GO!® Mini First Aid Kit, Pocket Medic, CPR Medic, EMT shears and a 2-D Mag-lite in her purse.
The Victorinox Classic is optional.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
She has 8 hours to read 'Stick and Rudder: The Art of Flying', or at least put the book under the pillow and sleep with it and allow the knowledge held within to seep through the book and into her sleeping brain. It is a good read! :mrgreen:
Lets put it this way- its not whether she can fly or not, but its a test on trust, which everyone will undergo in this mission at one time or another. One that I know she will pass blindfolded.
- - - - -  
You die on me in mid air, the Atlantic will be your cemetery plot.
Good. I'm glad we have that clear.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II: Ok Radio Nando Jet
Polit one: Right *Began to radio as Alex II put the headphones* "Nando Nando this is Striker in Jet 3 over do you coppy Everything is ready to go and our bags on our Plane so we be following you invisibal so Over
Alex II Wating for Nando to answer
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
Hondo chuckled to himself as he watched the guys in the suits leave Fernando. He had been there since 11:00 the night before and had staked out the area. he watched when those black suit folk arrived and was suspicious of them. He saw all of them leave their vehicle and stakeout the area themselves. Hondo had a rifle ready and could take them out before they had time to blink if necessary. when Fernando arrived they were quick to approach him.
"This is as good of time as any." they had a gasoline powered vehicle and Hondo had a plan to make them worry. He hot wired their fuel gauge to read full and drained most of their fuel into a storm drain. Hondo then slipped around them and hid again until they had gone from sight.
*I'll go let Fernando know I'm here and see if he needs a hand.* Hondo thought as he slipped back to his Bronco to lock his rifle inside. He then proceeded to sneak back around the airport guards, who he has been fooling all night, and made his way to the plane. He hoped in the open luggage hatch and found the trap door that leads into the main cabin. He sees Fernando in the cockpit, but instead of approaching him, and possible scaring him, which even though he was fast, Hondo wondered if he was that fast. Not to temp fate, Hondo sat down on one of the seats and waited for Fernando to notice him, which he knew if he did not know he was there already he at leased sensed it.
- - - - -  
Hondo. Have you not been listening to a single word Fernando has said on loose cannons? Arik, who is responsible for this round robin, put Fernando in charge of this mission. Are we clear on this? Good. Get it together and take your seat. This is your copilot speaking.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
now, now, J.I., we haven't left yet. I was just havin' some fun. Get bored easily, ya know. I wouldn't have done anythin' harsh without Fernando's blessin'. I'm here now and waitin' for breakfast. Anyway he knows about me, and I told him I'ld try to swing with him. Just don't get het up. If I endanger anyone it is only myself, I am careful 'bout that. :wink:
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
An unusually well-rested as well as unusually clothed (pilot uniform which is not black) took his place in the pilot's seat of one of the Learjets. He had spent the night in the aircraft to save the time necessary for going to the airport.
"Connections are the most valuable thing one can have," he commented to himself. "Fortunately, I knew where 'Nando wanted to get the Learjets from. And I know someone at that airfield. Maynard, I owe you one."
Shortly after the mission briefing, Midnight had found out where one of the two Learjets was to come from. It had been parked at an airfield somewhere in the Midwest, an airfield where Midnight knew someone quite well from his contacts throughout the aviation scene, and so he had offered to transfer it to NYC. As the airfield was not a commercial airport and hence the security measures weren't as severe, he had managed to get some "additional equipment" into the aircraft, just in case it would be needed on any of the missions, before he flew it to where it was now.
Apart from the "additional equipment", he had brought a suitcase with mostly clothes. Among these clothes was a number of different Italian uniforms including airport security. He could easily get the more dangerous parts of the "additional equipment" out of the airport in an airport security uniform and stating it had been confiscated.
Midnight watched as Fernando entered the 737 and sat down in the cockpit. The noises from the opposite side told him the other Learjet was starting up its engines. So he started up the ones on his plane, wondering where his co-pilot was. He decided he would fly the Learjet across the Atlantic all alone and remain within the schedule, no matter what had happened to his co-pilot, but he still wondered.
The only other thing that bugged him was that he only had a licence for single-engine propeller planes such as his Mustang, and definitely none for a Learjet. But he had enough ideas of how to deal with this problem, too. Besides, a Learjet wasn't as humongous as an An-124 or an A380 whose ˆºber-high-tech cockpit with sidesticks turned him off the best it could. He was glad that Fernando hadn't ordered him to pilot the 737.
Waiting for his turn to roll and take off as the first of the three flights, Midnight chelled the maps he had brought. Malpensa. Chell. Limate. Chell. Bergamo Orio al Serio. It was a bit remote, it was frequently used by ridiculously cheap airlines, so a luxurious Learjet might be unusual, but he wanted to be prepared. Chell. Genoa Cristoforo Colombo. Chell. Torino Caselle. Chell. Four options in the region beside Malpensa. And these were only the commercial airports.
He loved how Malpensa was built into a forest. "You never know when this might come in handy."
He grew more and more comfortable with his role in the mission. "I'm a sort of hired escape driver. It's more fun in a sports car than in a luxurious stretch limousine, but I'd always prefer a stretch limo to a double-deck tourist bus when it comes to driving."
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Jeanette Isabelle"]
 [quote="Fernando"]

- - - - -
Good. I'm glad we have that clear.
- - - - -  
My, my...
My intentions of dying enroute, enmission, or enreturning are not as great as my intentions for revenge. Besides, the big guy above has other plans for this misbegotten fallen arch-angel... Hmmm... When is that 2 mile wide asteroid supposed to hit us, 2025 or 2032?
Anyways...
Fernando
- - - - -  
5:30AM, JFK Airport.
The Pilots and Co-Pilots arrive, and were told to sit in the737BBJ as breakfast is served to them. They have their discussion as they eat.
Midnight: Fernando, we have a problem. LearJets 60s are not Trans-Atalntic capable.
Fernando: I know. Your flight plan will divert you to Iceland, then London for refueling stops and then to Milan. On the way back, it will be from Milan to Rabat in Morocco, then Bermuda to refuel and then back to New York. If along the way, there is any trouble over seas, the USS Enterprise and the USS Texas will be there to assist.
Sinclair: Why the choices of these planes?
Fernando: The LearJets are there for a quick get away if needed. You will be by the planes at all times. They being private planes, do not need a proper flight plan, not until you reach US territories. So if we get out of Italy, we can go anyplace, but on the final leg of the journey, the USA must be aware that we are coming in or they will not allow us into their airspace.
All agree as they eat.
Fernando (as he hands them their flight instruction manuals): Enjoy your meals, the both of you fly as soon as you're done. Your Flight ID codes are in the manuals, but I already know them as LJ-Alpha and LJ-Bravo.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo peeked out of the baggage hold from the trap door on the floor, which nearly made some of them drop their food."Let me know when y'are ready to take off. I'm going to catch a nap down here. And don't send the copilot to wake me! We're not gettin' along, so far." he shuts the trap and finds a place to lie down until needed.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Fernando thinks: ...o0O( I hope Hondo knows that the cargo bay is not pressurized.)
Fernando
- - - - -  
Hondo peeked out of the baggage hold from the trap door on the floor, which nearly made some of them drop their food."Let me know when y'are ready to take off. I'm going to catch a nap down here. And don't send the copilot to wake me! We're not gettin' along, so far." he shuts the trap and finds a place to lie down until needed.
- - - - -  
Thats why I have her and she has me as a partner in EMT/Rescue. She is the only one I can trust with the most dangerous of jobs, and putting me where I belong when I need it.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Sinclair goes to the cockpit of his scheduled plane and runs through the preflight chelllist. Then he flips through the manual he's been given.
After making sure everything is as it should be, he chells if all his passengers are aboard and signals to prepare for takeoff.
"Flight 386 to tower. Requesting permission for takeoff."
"Roger Flight 386. You have clearance for runway five. Two minute takeoff window. Wind 021, 3m/s."
"Roger tower."
The plane taxies to the runway. Sinclair chells the readouts again and then opens throttle to full.
"Tower this is Flight 386 taking off."
"Roger Flight 386. We have you on radar."
As the plane attains cruising altitude Charles turns onto course.
"LJ-Bravo calling LJ-Alpha. We're away. I repeat: We're away."
Fernando
- - - - -  
- - - - -  
That would be perfect! My Ex-From-hell (Aiesha's Mom) always said that when I die, she would dance on my grave!
Please make sure its by the USS Scorpion :mrgreen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Scorpion_(SSN-589)
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 - - - - -
Thats why I have her and she has me as a partner in EMT/Rescue. She is the only one I can trust with the most dangerous of jobs, and putting me where I belong when I need it.
- - - - -  
maybe that's part of my problem. Females have tried to put me in place for years, with their witherin' glares and sharp tongues, but I always let them know that it don't work on me. maybe someday I'll find a gal that does, but by the time she figures out that she can, I'll be long gone. You could ask my sister, who constantly thinks she is my boss,even though she is 5 years my younger. I tend to make her angry, because her place puttin' rolls off me like water off a ducks back.
Anyway, nap done and I am back in the cabin. Forgot exra chewin' gum though. Anyone have an extra piece?
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
Though it was 5:30 AM in New York, it was late morning in the Mediterranean as Captain Dixon walked into the wheelhouse of the battleship USS Texas. He strode out onto the starboard wing of the bridge, and watched the rest of the battleship battle group that Texas was the center of. Three Arleigh Burke guided missile destroyers, the USS Mahan (DDG-72), USS Winston Churchill (DDG-81) and the USS Roosevelt (DDG-80) and a Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser, the USS San Jacinto (CG-56) provided protection for the massive battleship. Additionally, cruising unseen beneath the waves was the Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Cheyenne (SSN-773.)
Eddie chuckled, surveying Battleship Battle Group 2TX38. Subtle and stealthy it was not. No wonder the BBBG was supposed to stay far away from Italy. Still, Eddie was content to sit this one out. While she would not use them in anger, Texas would get to use her big guns during the NATO exercise that she would take part in.
Eddie had been given the option of direct participation in the upcoming rescue. But given his misadventures as a spy last November, he declined. Cloak and dagger wasn't his cup of tea (hence the battleship) and he'd probably end up screwing up the mission.
A crewmember came up behind Dixon, interrupting his thoughts.
"Captain, a message came in for you." He handed a piece of paper to the captain. The message simply read "It has begun."
"Thank you, sailor," Eddie said. He crumpled the message up and threw it overboard. Now, it was just a waiting game...and if all went well, Texas and her escorts would do absolutely nothing. Eddie uttered a silent prayer for those on the mission, and then turned and walked back into Texas's bridge.
-End Page 13

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #14 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:34pm

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo took out his pocket watch and chelled the time. The watch read 6:30.
*well, were is the rest of the folk?* he thought. *I know Fernando said 7:00, but you'ld think that more would have gotten here early. I hate sittin' around. Read my map 30 times. maybe I can think of further ways to aggravate the copilot? naw, better not, at least until mission complete.* "bossy females, mumble, grumble." he said to himself quietly.
*well, I'll behave myself, for now. I know Fernando does not need the extra stress, and I should try to get along with all the team, maybe i should try and call a truce? Well, I'll think on it.*
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
maybe I can think of further ways to aggravate the copilot? naw, better not, at least until mission complete.* "bossy females, mumble, grumble." he said to himself quietly.
*well, I'll behave myself, for now. I know Fernando does not need the extra stress, and I should try to get along with all the team, maybe i should try and call a truce? Well, I'll think on it.*
- - - - -  
If you are unable to get along with your team mates then why are you even on this mission? I don't know about Fernando but I certainly don't need the extra stress of wondering what you are doing or about to do. We are about to rescue a trained assassin who thinks we are the enemy from a government agency who has us outgunned. To do this we will need to work in unison. Shelf your ego or stay behind.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Everyone started to arrive at the airplane at 6:30am, long after the 2 Learjets left. Soon as they got in, they sat down to a 3 course breakfast, as Jeanette and Fernando locked themselves inside the cockpit. Fernando points to co-pilots chair and tell Jeanette to sit there. He takes the Captain's seat, and dumps the manuals on Jeanette's lap.
Fernando: Familarize yourself with them, as fast as you can, especially the clipboard first.
JeanetteIsabelle does not like the bossy tone Fernando has taken.Then again, who would?
Though takeoff was slated for 7:00, but there is some slop for ground traffic. Fernando decides to radio the tower for a delay.
Fernando: BBJ-Heavy to JFKTower.
JFKTower: BBJ-Heavy, Go.
Fernando: JFKTower, delay our approach to Runway 13R.
JFKTower: Whats the nature of the delay?
Fernando: Nature of delay is an intermittent electrical connection.
JFKTower: What is the nature of this intermittent electrical problem?
Fernando: Its a blown light bulb in one of the gauges.
JFKTower: Its daylight, you should be able to see the gauge.
Fernando: JUST GIVE ME 20 MINUTES TO CHANGE THE FREAKING LIGHT BULB!
JFKTOWER: OK, OK... We'll give 20 minutes!
Fernando: Thank you.
Fernando turns the radio off.
Jeanette: I dont see any gauges- everything is on these 4 computer screens.
Fernando (as he turns to JeanetteIsabelle): Lets go over that clip board, so before we start rolling down the runway, everything is set in place.
Jeanette: OK. First on the list, Seatbelts.
Fernando: Lets skip the personal items.
Jeanette (as she then scrolls down the list): OK then... hmmm... OK. flight computers programmed with flight parameters?
Fernando: That's your job.
Jeanette: My job?
Fernando: Look, its not that hard. It is a stupid computer. Lets see...
Jeanette: Dont tell me you know know how to do this?
Fernando: Its not that I dont know how, its that I cant see the damn screens, let alone anything else...
Jeanette: then take off the darkglasses then.
Fernando: Then I wont be able to see at all later on!
Jeanette: OK OK... what do I do first?
Fernando: Set the GPS to Milan International.
Jeanette: OK... (as she touches the screen and inputs the coordinates). Milan international... GPS set in...- chell.
Fernando: OK. Now, Set the INS to Longitudigal heading, first some math... New York is at 40 latitude, Milan is slightly north at 45 latitude, with about 4015 miles between them... hmm...
Jeanette: What are you talking about?
Fernando: Set heading onthe INS to 87.5 degrees East.
Jeanette: You sure about that?
Fernando: You want to spend the time on the computer and have it come with an answer.
Jeanette: I already have.
Fernando: And, what is its answer?
Jeanette: Its, err... 87.5 degrees.
Fernando: Told you. Now input that into the INS.
Jeanette: Its already input to the INS.
Fernando: Ok then. Now the ANS.
Jeanette: Thats already set too.
Fernando: Then lets double chell it.
Jeanette: It seems ok.
Fernando: Dont trust the machine. Now how many way points to go through?
Jeanette: 147... waypoints...
Fernando: A radio beacon set for each one?
Jeanette: It looks like it.
Fernando: No- chell them.
Jeanette: *SIGH* OK, They are all set to two radio beacons.
Fernando: any options to add radio beacons?
Jeanette: None that I can see.
Fernando: OK, thats fine then. Now to the mechanics of this mad puppy. fuel guages?
Jeanette: Fuel guages say that wing and center tanks are full.
Fernando: Good. Now, these are the throttle. We take off with them at full. These are the flaps. They also must be set at full and close them when we hit 1000 ft.
Jeanette: And thats the yoke and and those are the rudder pedals, thats the alitimeter and thats the artifical horizon, and that is our g-meter and...
Fernando: care to fly this thing?
Jeanette: No. Thats your job.
Fernando: You sure?
Jeanette: Yes I'm sure.
Fernando: Last chance...
Jeanette: I DONT WANT TO FLY THIS THING!
Fernando: Its OK. We are going to fly this thing.
Jeanette: What do you mean 'we'?
Fernando: I'll be at the controls, you go through the chelllist and ckeck everything off. While I have to step out and deal with personal stuff, you are going to fly it. Its not that hard, just sit there and dont move anything!
Jeanette: What do you mean- personal things?
Fernando: Food, bathroom, you know- nature's calls.
Jeanette: Oh, I see.
Fernando: You ready?
Jeanette: No.
Fernando: Ok Then.
Fernando take his radio head set and put it on.
Fernando: BBJ-Heavy to JFKTower.
JKFTower: Go Ahead BBJ-Heavy.
Fernando: We are now ready.
JFKTower: We're not, at least for you.
Fernando: JFKTower, I got just one word for you guys...
JFkTower: Ooo...and what world would that be?
Fernando: Tenerife
Silence on the radio for the moment.
Fernando: JFKTower, do you get my point? Is Runway 13R clear?
JFKTower (in a nervous voice): there are 2 in front of you, so once they are cleared, you can go.
Fernando: Let me know when to go.
JFKTower: Allow the Towtruck to put you into traffic, and once its clear we'll let you know.
Fernando: Fine by me...
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
"LJ-Bravo calling LJ-Alpha. We're away. I repeat: We're away."
"LJ-Alpha calling LJ-Bravo," came in from the small dark shape against the red morning glow over the Atlantic, "welcome on our little journey. Lean back and enjoy the flight."
- - - - -  
'A good thing we're stopping in Iceland,' Midnight thought. 'Fernando will fly straight to Italy as far as I've heard, right against the rising sun. I wonder if his dark glasses will be of any help.'
He didn't mind the solitude of being the only sentient being on board of his plane. Actually, he was used to spending hours and even days all alone.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
now you hold your horses!! I told Fernando I'ld consult with him before doing anythin'. I just don't think I needed the scoldin' from the copilot. If you want me gone, I'll go. No questions asked, but I want Fernando to tell me so. other wise keep your shirt on! I already said I would endanger no one but myself if endangering' was necessary. So let me know before this plane takes off, because I hate jumpin'!!!
Fernando
- - - - -  
7:43AM, tow vehicle placed the 737BBJ in line with the other planes on Runway 13R.
Fernando: Jeanette, items chelllist- flaps?
Jeanette: Flaps on full.
Fernando: throttle?
Jeanette: Throttle at 5%, we cant take it to 100% until it is clear.
Fernando: I know that. Just making sure that you know.
Jeanette: Anything else?
Fernando: Yeah- put on the [SEAT BELT] sign.
Jeanette: OK.
Fernando: Your seatbelt on?
Jeanette: Yes, yours?
Fernando: It is. Wish it wasn't though.
Jeanette: Why not? Aren't you the safety nut when it comes to things like this?
Fernando: Sometimes I need to see the limits of my luck.
JFKTower: BBJ-Heavy, you're clear to go.
Fernando: Thank you JFKTower.
JFKTower: You're not off the ground yet.
Fernando: Dont worry about that...
Fernando then reached in between his seat and the console, inserting a mini-cd disc into a slot. Faintly within the cockpit, music begins to play: Eddie VanHalen Guitar solo for Top Gun.
As the Music starts to play, Fernando puts his hands on the throttle, pushing them up at 50%. The plane lurches forward and then starts to roll. As if starts to roll down the asphalt, Fernando pushes the throttle to full. The roar of the jets can barely be heard in the background. The plane picks up speed, and needs to be at 120 MPH by the time it reaches 1/2 down the runway or abort the take off.
Jeanette: What is that?
Fernando: What is what?
Jeanette: The music... (The music fades and another selection is played, VanHalen: Dreams).
Fernando: Oh, thats Eddie VanHalen doing Top Gun.
Jeanette: I see.... you always do that?
Fernando: Traditions are started somewhere, girl. Now Hold On!
Fernando pulls back on the yoke slightly, and the plane takes on lift, though wheels are still on the ground, the wings have taken much of the weight off them. The plane accellerates faster, and Fernando pulls on the yoke a bit more. the nose of the 737BBJ lifts up, increasing its attitude. Fernando holds it for just a few seconds, as the altimeter starts to rotate slowly. Then he yanks it hard towards him. From just a few degrees, to near vertical, the plane shoots up 100ft per second skyward. Fernando reaches over and pulls the landing gear lever.
In the headphones, the screams of panic of JFKTower can be heard as Fernando make with an unlimited takeoff. Within several seconds, they were passing 1000ft, leveling off. After a few minutes, they were just over the Atlantic, 9000ft and climbing...
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
now your stuck with me!
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Sorry for the double post, but i need to appologize to y'all. I was wrong for snappin'. I don't believe I deserved bein' snapped at by J.I., but I shouldn't have made an arse of myself either. I know, Arik, you are workin' hard on a coherent story line, but I thought this was for fun as well. I know not goofy fun. if you want me to leave this alone let me know. I can't promise i'll change. Let me know one way or'nother.  
Fernando
- - - - -  
8:45am, 1 hour into the flight, 4 and 1/2 more hours to destination. Most TransAtlantic crashes happen within their first hour of flight.
Altitude: 42,500ft
Airspeed: 530mph
Outside Temperature: -57F degrees.
Nothing but ocean underneath. Makes you kind of glad that you're on the inside...
Fernando: I'll be right back.
Jeanette: Where are you going?
Fernando (goes into a closet behind seats, and start pulling on something, and finally pulls it out): I'll be back. OK?
Jeanette: What if something happens?
Fernando: I trust you enough to figure it out.
Fernando then reached into the closet again and puts on a parachute pack that he pulls out.
Jeanette: Now Wait A minute!
Fernando: Think, Jeanette. I'm a flying squirrel. When do I need a parachute?
Fernando left the cock pit and went to the pasenger area. Seeing Hondo within the first couple of rows, Fernando walks right upto him.
Fernando: Care to fly this thing?
Hondo: Eh, what?
Fernando: I said, would you want to fly this thing?
Hondo (as he put his arms on the armrest to get up: SURE!
Fernando: Here are the controls...
Fernando drops a complete yoke column onto Hondo's lap. Then he starts to walk to the rear of the aircraft.
Hondo: What is this?!!
Hondo Turns around and sees Fernando wearing a parachute.
Hondo: Who's Flying This Plane?!!
Fernando (without turning around): You Are!
Hondo: Wait A minute!
Fernando: Sit down at your seat and fly this thing, will ya?!!
Hondo just stares back. Then he gets up and starts walk to the cockpit area. To do so, he has to pass the Stewardesses area, where the finely trained ladies were resting at.
Head Stewardes gets up to great Hondo.
Head Stewardess: How can I help you?
Hondo: I was told to fly this thing.
Head Stewardess: I was not told of any changes...
Hondo: Go Ask Fernando-*urk*!
Hondo passes out on the floor as the stewardess behind him blows at her stungun, as if she was blowing the smoke away from its electrodes.
Head Stewardess: Good Work Cindy.
Cindy: Thank You, Lacey. This means I'll get a raise?
Lacey: We'll see.
The other stewardesses gathered up Hondo's body and place him back to his seat. Fernando returns to the cockpit area and gathers up the dismanled yoke off the ground.
Fernando: Thank you ladies.
Lacey: Anytime.
Fernando walks back into the cockpit, putting the parachute and yoke back into the closet.
Jeanette: What was that about?
Fernando: Oh... nothing.
Jeanette: Fernando...
Fernando: Ooo... whats that flashing light?
Jeanette: Where?
Fernando gets back into his seat, and at the controls once again.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Sorry for the double post, but i need to appologize to y'all. I was wrong for snappin'. I don't believe I deserved bein' snapped at by J.I., but I shouldn't have made an arse of myself either. I know, Arik, you are workin' hard on a coherent story line, but I thought this was for fun as well. I know not goofy fun. if you want me to leave this alone let me know. I can't promise i'll change. Let me know one way or'nother.
- - - - -  
If you are being a threat to this mission then I believe Jeanette made the right call. Nevertheless I see you are trying to get along with your team mates.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Fernando pulls back on the yoke slightly, and the plane takes on lift, though wheels are still on the ground, the wings have taken much of the weight off them. The plane accellerates faster, and Fernando pulls on the yoke a bit more. the nose of the 737BBJ lifts up, increasing its attitude. Fernando holds it for just a few seconds, as the altimeter starts to rotate slowly. Then he yanks it hard towards him. From just a few degrees, to near vertical, the plane shoots up 100ft per second skyward. Fernando reaches over and pulls the landing gear lever.
In the headphones, the screams of panic of JFKTower can be heard as Fernando make with an unlimited takeoff. Within several seconds, they were passing 1000ft, leveling off. After a few minutes, they were just over the Atlantic, 9000ft and climbing...
- - - - -  
I am almost afraid to ask. What was our pitch during this transaction?
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
Jeanette calls for a stewardess.
"Yes?" The stewardess asked.
"I will have a hot cup of decaffeinated coffee with cream."
"Miss Isabelle, are you sure you are able to have caffeine in your condition? Even decaffeinated coffee has some caffeine."
"A hot beverage will calm me down."
"May I then recommend a cup of hot caffeine-free tea?"
"Somehow coffee is more soothing. If that does not work, I'll have an Ativan. . . . Cancel that order. I will have the hot tea."  
Fernando
- - - - -  
 [quote="Fernando"]
 - - - - -
- - - - -  
In an unlimited take off, as soon as the plane reaches between 50 and 100ft, it goes from about 15 or 25 degrees to inbetween 85 to 90 degrees.usually with afterburners kicked in.
TheJFKTower complaints is that all air traffic around the city spiral up/down to and from the airports in an enclosing spiral to/from altitude. In doing an unlimited take-off, I circumvented all flight restrictions, crossed across flight circles, and threw regulations to the wind. At least, it shaved an hour off the trip and that much fuel
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[OOC]
We should not gather too much attention.
[/OOC]
[ETA Iceland 2 minutes. Switching to channel 119.7]
"This is flight 386 New York-Milan calling Reykjavik ACC, over."
For a moment there was static.
"Flight 386 this is Reykjavik ACC. You are being tracked."
Requesting permission to land for refueling."
"Roger Flight 386. You may land at EGILSSTADIR 119.4"
"Roger wilco. Flight 386 out."
[Setting INS nav for 335]
[Switching to channel 119.4]
"This is flight 386 New York-Milan calling EGILSSTADIR Flight Control. Requesting permission to land."
"Flight 386 this is EGILSSTADIR. Delay approach; twenty minutes."
"Roger Wilco."
[Setting nav point 65.283333, -14.401389]
[Adjusting altimeter +76ft]
[Adjusting for magnetic variation]
"Flight 386 this is EGILSSTADIR. You are clear for approach. Land on runway 04."
"Roger EGILSSTADIR. Beginning approach."
Sinclair reduces altitude in a downward spiral and begins his approach 1500m from the airstrip.
Altitude 750ft. Course 025.0 Distance 1000m. Throttle at 60%. Adjusting for wind.
Altitude 450ft Course 025.0 Distance 540m Throttle at 50%.
Flaps extended.
Altitude 150ft Course 025.0 Distance 100m Throttle at 40%.
Altitude 70ft Course 025.0 Distance -20m Throttle at 35%.
Altitude 10ft Course 025.0 Distance -723m Throttle at 20%.
Touchdown.
Altitude 0ft Course 025.0 Distance -1300m Throttle idle. Brakes on.
"EGILSSTADIR Flight Control. This is Flight 386 requesting refueling truck."
[OOC]
I was unable to find the most crucial data on the LearJet 60, such as fuel required, stall speed, takeoff and landing run lengths, so the figures are not accurate in the least.
[/OOC]
Fernando
- - - - -  
- - - - -  
- Image -
Thats about right...
-End Page 14

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #15 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:36pm

Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
[OOC]
I was unable to find the most crucial data on the LearJet 60, such as fuel required, stall speed, takeoff and landing run lengths, so the figures are not accurate in the least.
[/OOC]
- - - - -  
[OCC]
LJs and comparable aircraft take off and land on NYC Metro area smaller airports. One of them is Teterboro Airport in Nu Joisey...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:00890AD.gif
LJ's as far as memory serves me, only requires 5000ft of runway for take off, and land in less. It was to be meant to be flown in private and small airports in par with their prop driven cousins.
Maybe this can help:
General characteristics
* Crew: 2
* Capacity: 8 to 10 passengers
* Length: 58 ft 7 in (17.88 m)
* Wingspan: 43 ft 9 in (13.34 m)
* Height: 14 ft 6 in (4.44 m)
* Wing area: 264.8 ft¬¾ (24.6 m¬¾)
* Empty weight: 14,640 lb (6,641 kg)
* Max takeoff weight: 23,500 lb (10,660 kg)
* Powerplant: 2ˆó Pratt & Whitney 305A , 4,600 lbf (20.46 kN) each
Performance
* Maximum speed: 534 mph (464 knots, 859 km/h)
* Cruise speed: 486 mph (447 knots, 782 km/h)
* Range: 2,876 mi (2,499 nm, 4,628 km)
* Service ceiling: 51,000 ft (15,545 m)
* Rate of climb: 2,158 ft/min (11.0 m/s)
* Wing loading: 88.7 lb/ft¬¾ (433 kg/m¬¾)
* Thrust/weight: 0.39
I will ask my friend if I see him soon. He's a flight instructor/lawyer who owns an LJ 100, and has flown the LJ 40-60 series. He loves them.
[/OCC]
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
I take that as an "your out a here." I should have known better. He knows I'm only a crop dustin', barn stormin' bush pilot. just dump my body in the ocean while I'm out a it. at least that is what, i assumed, the parachute is for.
no hurry in lettin' me know. I'm goin' to bed soon as I have sled cert. test tomorrow morning early.
RangerReady23
- - - - -  
Hondo, I wouldn't take off just yet! If you wanna use the parachute, be my guest...you'll be more than welcome aboard Enterprise. We can use another good tactician.
Just don't...jump into anything, so quick.
*Reads back*
Eeeessh...bad pun.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 [quote="Sinclair"]
 [OOC]
 [/OOC]
 - - - - -
[OCC]
LJs and comparable aircraft take off and land on NYC Metro area smaller airports. One of them is Teterboro Airport in Nu Joisey...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:00890AD.gif
LJ's as far as memory serves me, only requires 5000ft of runway for take off, and land in less. It was to be meant to be flown in private and small airports in par with their prop driven cousins.
(...)
I will ask my friend if I see him soon. He's a flight instructor/lawyer who owns an LJ 100, and has flown the LJ 40-60 series. He loves them.
[/OCC]
- - - - -  
[OOC]
Thanks. The biggest problem when choosing where to land was if they have appropriate fuel. As A1 seems to be the most popular, I finally assumed those 305As also work on it... There was one airfield marked as mostly abandoned that I strongly considered using, but then I'd need that fuel and the flight should be official not to attract attention... yet. Wink
Next stop Heathrow, London.
[/OOC]
RangerReady 23
- - - - -  
*The sky overhead blazes a brilliant, sapphire blue, as the USS Enterprise steams through the Strait of Gibraltar, making good time, and so far, having an easy run. Easy runs, however, almost never stay so.*
*In his cabin, RangerReady lifts his nose out of a Sherlock Holmes novel, as his cabin's comm unit chirps loudly, announcing a call from the bridge. With an annoyed sigh, he casts the book aside, crossing the room to his desk.*
"Go ahead, bridge. I'm here. You're a little early for your hourly report, though."
"'Fraid that's not it this time, Captain. You've got a priority satellite communication coming in from Admiral Donnelly. This is straight from HQ."
"Wonderful...just when you least expect them, hear come da brass."
"You noticed that too, sir?"
"I always notice that."
*Turning to the desktop, he clears away several stacks of papers, and keys on the computer screen.*
"Pipe it down here, Lieutenant."
"Aye-aye, sir."
*The screen flickers for several seconds, as the ship's satellite linkup verifies the proper access, and requests information from the mainframe belowdecks. A moment later, the aged, heavily bearded face of Admiral Nelson Donnelly fizzles into life on the flatscreen, scowling moreso than usual. RR retrieves his cup of coffee, deliberately pasting on a cheerful smile.*
"Morning, Nels! How's the new stars feeling?"
*Fingering the collar of his gold-braid encrusted uniform unconsciously, the older mouse rumbles slightly.*
"About as heavy as lead bars in a cotton-candy machine, Charlie. Have a seat. I've got some questions for you...then some orders."
"I pretty much figured the latter...so go on with the former."
"Always astute. You know, it should be you up here, instead of me."
"No thank you! I'll glue myself to my bridge chair and let them pry me out, if they try it."
*Donnelly chuckles growlingly.*
"Sounds like you. Are you aware of a certain...mission, taking place from out of the ranks of your little rescue organization?"
*Sitting his cup down on the desk, RR's expression becomes slightly guarded, his eyes taking on a hooded appearance in the low light of the cabin's aft section.*
"I've...heard rumors. Nothing substantial. The old reprobate who organized it was being secretive, to put it mildly."
"So I've been told. You realize what a danger to the peace this mission presents, don't you?"
"I have some idea, sir."
"Good. Have you any idea just who the personnel were that accompanied the team leader?"
"Once again, Admiral, just rumors. I haven't been into port at the Cafe in several weeks. Maneuvers, you know."
"Quite so...quite so. At any rate, certain information has become available to this office...which I'll be transmitting to your communications officer at the end of this conversation. In it, you'll find a list of those who accompanied the organizers of this escapade. You'll also receive a report stating what we believe is their intended target, and projected route of arrival."
*RangerReady's tone is now suspicious, an edge creeping into the normally cheery baritone.*
"Very good, sir...and just what am I supposed to do with this information?"
"Stand by, for the moment, Captain. But if these people screw up...your orders are to extract them, with all due and undue haste. Upon extraction, you will deposit the team leaders into the Enterprise brig, for the duration of your voyage to a debriefing, at a location which will remain undisclosed at this time. In short, Captain..."
*The admiral reaches toward the cutoff switch for his monitor, and frowns.*
"If things go ill...yank them out, and clap them in irons. Understood?"
"Clearly, sir."
*As the image fades, RR drains his cup, and opens his cabin door, going off in search of a refill. His scathing reply escapes the ears of his superior, but can be heard by every other crewmouse on the deck.*
"I hate admirals!"
CCC
- - - - -  
Down below, not far from the Cafe, a little scene is playing out that is not intended to surprise any watchers; specifically, Arik, Fernando, Chip, Gadget, Dale, Hondo, Jeanette, Sinclair, Midnight, and DOS are seen going to watch a film at a nearby movie house.
Technically, they're Protocol 7 clones, generated for the express purpose of creating a believable alibi and diverting suspicion... but that's not exactly easy to tell.
Oh, there are little hints; the way no more than one of them ever seems to speak at any given time, the way none of them order any food or drink or visit the toilets at any point, and the way that when any one is doing anything particularly complex, such as trying to find ten unoccupied seats near each other, the others all seem rather oblivious to their surroundings; but these are hints that are generally only seen if one is looking for them.
To the casual observer, it simply looks like a group of rodents and the occasional small human going to the cinema; and that is exactly how it is intended to look.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
[quote="RangerReady23"]
Hondo, I wouldn't take off just yet! If you wanna use the parachute, be my guest...you'll be more than welcome aboard Enterprise. We can use another good tactician.
Just don't...jump into anything, so quick.
*Reads back*
Eeeessh...bad pun.
- - - - -  
I'ld rather not, but I have made several folk angry with me. it is not a point of me jumpin', it is more of one of being thrown out of the plane with or without a parachute. you noticed instead of talkin' to me, they just up and tranqued me! not happy I am, but I would have just col cocked the individual. It is up to committee now i believe.
WildIrishRose
- - - - -  
(Now that things are really starting to get interesting, aboard the USS Enterpirse)
Captain?
WHAT?? *RR is still in a foul mood, though some extra coffee should help*
There's uhm, something on the horison. I think it's a ship.
*RangerReady follows the lieutanant to the deck. It is a ship. A 90 foot, three masted caravel, circa 1500. She's a mere flyspeck next to the carrier. Every sail is straining on the wind.*
Shall we fire on her, sir? *The Lieutenant asks*
No....wait. Let her pull alongside.
*The carrier slows as the small ship crawls alongside. A boat is lowered and two crew members row a familiar figure closer.*
Hey Charlie! Got a rope to lower for me? Never mind I have one. Tie it to something will ya, Lieutanant? *A rope appears over the side.*
Do what she says, Lieutenant.
*The golden haired figure climbs up the rope and tosses it back down to the waiting boat* Thanks guys, I'll call you if I need you.
*RangerReady just stares at her for a minuite. Then glances at the retreating ship*
What that? I told you I was technologically backward. You have to admit she's beautiful. She's called the FS Rana
What are you doing here?
Ooohh you know me. I can never resist an adventure. And I was not about to let you go and have fun without me. Don't worry I'll stay out of the way.
*Rose goes off to find a quiet corner to curl up in until needed. The captain shakes his head in disbelief, but his mood isn't quite as foul as it was before*
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II Radioing Nando "HAY Nando ARE YOU READY My Men Are Ready in there jet So YOU Ready
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
[OOC]
Thanks. The biggest problem when choosing where to land was if they have appropriate fuel. As A1 seems to be the most popular, I finally assumed those 305As also work on it... There was one airfield marked as mostly abandoned that I strongly considered using, but then I'd need that fuel and the flight should be official not to attract attention... yet. Wink
Next stop Heathrow, London.
[/OOC]
- - - - -  
[OOC]
Jet Fuel is not a problem; USA Built jets are made to burn anything (so are a lot of other manufactured jets around the world). The prefered fuel to use is Kerosine, then other fuels mixed with Kerosine.
http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/bulletin/aviationfuel/4_at_fuel_c omp.shtm
Just dont go out in an emergency and start pumping in and burning up the reserves in the plane's bar. The would be a damed waste of good liquor!
[/OCC]
Fernando
- - - - -  
11am: Southern Coast of Portigual and Spain can be seen in the Horizon, as the plane travelling just under 600MPH enters their radar and airspace.
Fernando switches the dual radio recievers to 118.000MHz and 136.000MHz frequencies while scanning 240MHz area with his little portable. All seems quiet for the moment as they travel towards the European mainland. Then a voice crackles on both radios at the sametime:
Voice on radios: 737-Heavy, this is Madrid ATC. Comfirm your Identity and route.
Fernando picks up his headset to put it on to answer.
Fernando: Madrid ATC, This is 737BBJ-Heavy. Nosotros vian a Milano Internaccion, de JFK-Nueva York.
Madird ATC: Ah. Hablamos Espaˆ±ol?
Fernando: La lengua de mis parde es Puertoriqueˆ±o, pˆ©rro Espaˆ±a es del todo Hispanos legan.
Madrid ATC: Quˆ© Bueˆ±o que tˆ† llegas por aquˆ‚. Otra vez, Usted va a Milano?
Fernando: Sˆ‚.
Madrid ATC: Esta Buˆ©n entonce. Tu tienes passio a cruzar la tierra de Portugua y despues Espaˆ±a en 10 minutos, cojendo medo hora para cruzar. Despues tˆ† var entral de Mar de Mediterranian antense de ver Italia.
Madrid ATC: Via Con Dios, 737BBJ-Heavy.
Fernando: A tˆ‚s tambiˆ©n.
Fernando takes off his headset and puts it down, making a slight course correction to his flight plan.
Jeanette: What was that all about?
Fernando: Though English is the international language of all Air Control Towers around the world, I perfer to speak in their native tongues, it makes it easy for them to think, gives them less pressure and stress to deal with and gives me more respect of the airways.
Jeanette: I see. Who was that, anyways.
Fernando: That was Madrid Air Tower Control.
Jeanette: Madrid? Aren't they 1/2way into the country?
Fernando: They might be, but they control the airspace. Look, we'll be going through the southern tip of Portugal and Spain, at least we have clearence for that.
Jeanette: I see.
Fernando: I should hope so... spending 20 years on this planet is a long time to achieve nothing. No disrespect to you, you have done a lot with almost nothing, and done well with it.
Jeanette: Hmph...
Fernando: Seriously Jeanette- you should take every oppertunity you can to go beyond what you have and what you know and go beyond that.
Jeanette: Its not easy.
Fernando: Well, your sister is going to be an interior decorator, another Martha Steward... Well, where is she going to be when on her cooking show, she slips off with the knife and severs all the important arteries and viens in her wrist? I know this much, it will be you- if you're on the set that day- thats going to rush on stage and save her from bleeding to death on stage. Now who's life has just become more important and with purpose- yours or hers?
Jeanette remains silent for a while.
Fernando: Yours. Why? Because, it is not the money or the fame that makes a person in this world. Its what they do, and the content of their character. And you have something that many lack- Character. In the least, you're honest and truthful, though demanding at times, I must say.
Jeaenette: And you're not?
Fernando: I'll admit I am.
Jeanette: You are to the point of arrogence.
Fernando: I am, only when it comes to getting things done like saving lives and doing missions. Other than that- I just want what is owed to me.
Jeanette: and what would that be?
Fernando: You know what that is.
Jeanette: Humor me and say it.
Fernando: Ms Right #2 to start a family with and 'Until Death Do Us Apart.'
Jeanette: Hmm... Things are not that easy.
Fernando: I never said they were. But as for you, You have your own path to go by. Dont let comparisons of what others do deter you from doing what would make you happy. For they will not make you happy, since they are in it for themselves.
Jeanette: Thats not a nice thing to say about others.
Fernando: But its the truth. Look, you know where we are going?
Jeanette: We're off to rescue Blink.
Fernando: You know why we are recueing her?
Jeanette: Because she's caught up in the Italian Children's Social Services and Tammy wants her home.
Fernando: There is more to it than that.
Jeanette: About the rumours that they turned her into a child-assassin of sorts? I dont believe that one.
Fernando: Believe it. You know enough about my history to know better.
Jeanette: That makes no sense...
Fernando: When has any government made sense in doing anything?
Jeanette reamins silent in thought.
Fernando: 'THEY' think that this rag-tag group of idiots can not do a simple rescue. But this is far from a simple rescue, and people may die becuase of it.
Jeanette: OK, I get your point. I'll stay with the aircraft.
Fernando: You dont get my point. When I heard of this rescue mission, I say- its better to kill Blink off, since its very hard to brain wash a person who is already brain washed into being a killing machine. Now we are going to get her and bring her back to the cafe? Jeeze... it there ever was a mission to failure, this one is it.
Jeanette: You expect that we wont suceed?
Fernando: We? Not a snowball's chance in hell. I, with a little help from my friends, yes.
Jeanette: What makes you so certain that you can pull it off?
Fernando: Arrogence.
Jeanette: Figures.
Fernando: You dont understand. In order not to fail, one must have a mindset, an almost blind mindset to absolute success in order not to fail. Its a little demanding on the psychie, but it works.
Jeanette: So, I'll stay with the plane, while you go play super secret secret squirrel with the boys.
Fernando: You're coming with me, and though I may have it in most regaurds, I must demand total trust and though you may not like it- obedience.
Jeanette: And if I refuse?
Fernando: Lets say that the Italians do not like having American spies pouching in where they do not belong.
Jeanette: I hope I dont have to do anything out of the ordinary, at least with you.
Fernando: Of course not, Mrs Gutierrez.
Jeanette turns slowly, almost evil like to Fernando.
Jeanette: Dont ever play like that.
Fernando: I'm not playing. This is how it is set up, with room and board accomodations. Besides, we have 2 days to settle in before we start looking for Blink; you are going to need to learn a few things.
Jeanette: Like what?
Fernando: Ever fired a gun?
Jeanette: Dont intend too.
Fernando: Like it or not, you are going to learn and you are going to have to shoot somebody before we return home.
Jeanette: And if I refuse?
Fernando: You get to return home in a little pine box.
Jeanette: Then, what choices do I have?
Fernando: None. But I'll do what I can to make this the least painful for you. Like I said, I only trust you in this mission. Everyone else is a loose cannon.
Jeanette: Least painful, as in how?
Fernando: Just trust me.
Jeanette: I've heard those words before.
Fernando: And to think that you would have blindly went into this mission with Chip and Dale and the others, grab Blink and get shot by her, and or her companions... At least I offer a fighting chance in life and rescue, not some suicidal mission to nowhere.
Jeanette: Ok, I'll trust you on one condiction, answer this question: How far is the CIA invovled in this?
Fernando: Totally.
Jeanette pauses for a moment, almost unsure as to what so say next, but tries her best.
Fernando (looking out the cockpit window): Hmm.... I see Spain is nice this time of year.
Jeanette: I agree with you on that.
Fernando: How about some lunch?
Jeanette: Roast Beef?
Fernando: Yeah... with Swiss and a touch of Horse raddish mustard... and a Pesi!
Jeanette: I'll be back.
Fernando: Oh, Jeanette Bring Hondo back here too. Make sure he has his lunch as well.
Jeanette (unsure how to answer): uhm.... OK. I'll be back.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then over Spain the Jet Plane went Invisibal as One of the Polits in Contorl of the plane while Alex II Looking at the Map of Itlay and planing his move see how this go
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo is not sure he wants to come. Last time he obeyed a Fernando order he got a tranqu dart in the back. fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice. . .
well I'll take the chance.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: I was going to write about another job for Bink but I ran out of time.
"All right Bink. How have you been feeling lately?" Dr. Bianchi asked in an examination room. His back is to the window leading outside. "Any trouble sleeping? Or nausea, slight fevers or muscle aches?"
"None of those, Dr. Bianchi." Bink answered. Her back is facing the door which leads to the hall.
"You need to be honest, Bink." Ferro is behind Bink, next to the door. "It's for your own sake."
"I'm telling the truth." Bink says to Bianchi. "I've been feeling fine lately."
"So then, are you confident you can listen to your handler?" Dr. Bianchi asked. "And control your emotions?"
"Yes, sir. I'll try my very best."
In an adjoining observation room with a one way window between it and the examination room, Olga, an elderly female rabbit is planing cards with Amadeo and Giorgio. "Bink's as cute as ever. What a daring." Marco, a thirty-eight-year-old mouse wearing prescription sunglasses, and Jose are in the observation room as well.
"You got that right." Amadeo replied. "Kinda makes me wish I had a daughter of my own."
Olga lays down a card. "If I could have it my way, I would round up all the girls before you men get your hands on them and start the best ballet company that Europe has ever seen." She removes a card from the deck.
"You sure they'd like that?" Amadeo asked.
"Of course they would." Olga answered.
Giorgio made a suggestion. "Hey, Amadeo, I think I have a better idea of what to do with these girls."
"Oh yeah? What's that?" Amadeo asked.
"We should put 'em on a soccer team."
"That's perfect!"
"You Italian men are all the same."
Jose, who is paying more attention to Bink than the three who are playing cards, steps in. "Now, now. . . . You all know my Bink is not your plaything."
"Easy there, tiger." Giorgio says to the mouse, "We're just joking around."
"Yeah," Amadeo chipped in, "heavies like us don't know jack about taking care of a little girl, but that's obvious, huh?"
In the examination room, Dr. Bianchi says to Ferro, "All right. . . . I'm done with Bink. . . . Could you bring in Angelica in about ten minutes?"
"Yes, sir. Of course." Ferro opens the door, steps into the hall and closes the door behind her.
"Bink. I'm going to ask you one more time since Ferro left the room. . . . Are you honestly feeling okay?"
"Doctor. . . . Please don't keep me from working. It's all there is for me to do. I've only killed four this month. But the month before I killed at least ten. . . . That's probably more than Triela's got."
"So you're lying? About not feeling all right?"
"I'm fine! But if . . . if I don't say how many I killed, I'm afraid you'll think I'm not usable anymore. You always report to someone about that, right?"
From the observation room Amadeo lays down a card. "Man, that girl is delicate."
Bink continues, "So, please. . . ."
"Listen, Bink." The doctor says, "Steady your emotions. Once you can do that, you won't need to worry any more."
Bink turns to look in the direction of the one-way window. "All right."
Olga looks at Bink through the one-way window and with a compassionate tone she says, "If I could only make that girl into a ballerina. . . ."
Bink leaves the examination room and closes the door behind her.
Olga lays down her cards. "I win."
There is a knock on the door to the examination room. "Come on in." The doctor replies.
A young mouse with long dark hair walks in the examination room.
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Jose and Bink were walking between buildings using a covered walkway. As they did, they passed a young mouse with long dark hair in a wheel chair. The girl mouse looks straight ahead while Bink, after passing by her, slows down and looks back at the girl mouse in the wheel chair.

"Well, good morning, Angelica. . . . Come in and sit down."
Angelica sits on the stool in front of the doctor.
"Do you remember me?" The doctor asked.
Angelica reads the doctor's ID card. "You're Doctor . . . Bianchi."
"That's my name, but it says that right here on my ID card. You look like you're doing pretty well lately."
Angelica just smiles at the doctor.
A lady squirrel runs into the observation room. "Oh, I finally made it!" She closes the door. "Aww. Don't tell me my sweet Bink is already done!" She embraces the elderly rabbit.
"Don't even bother asking, Priscilla." Olga says to squirrel with a matter of fact tone.
Priscilla turns to Jose. "Jose. You'll have to lend me Bink sometime. I found this great boutique that she would adore."
"Angelica. . . ." The doctor continues in the examination room, he shows Angelica a photo album. "How many people do you recognize in these pictures?"
"Number six and number nine. . . . Number thirteen . . . and number twenty. . . . Doctor. How many have I forgotten? Have I lost any . . . important people in my head?"
"It's just a test." The doctor reassures the little mouse, "Nothing to worry about." The doctor pulls out a book from among some books on his desk. "Do you remember this story?" The doctor opens up the book and begins reading from the first page. "Once upon a time, there was a kingdom made of pasta. In this kingdom there lived a prince who loved pasta, and would eat it for every meal of every day."
"That brings back memories." Priscilla says with her arms still around Olga. Marco gets up and approaches the one-way window.
The doctor stops reading. "Well then. . . . That ring a bell?"
Angelica nods her head no. "Doctor. Can I start working again soon?"
Marco sits back down with his back facing the examination room.
"I'm not the one who decides that, Angelica." The doctor answered. "You have to ask Marco."
"Okay."
Later, Jose and Marco are the only ones in the observation room. The examination room is empty. The doctor enters the observation room. "Jose, are you a little more satisfied now that you know what she's thinking? The only reason I allowed you to watch Bink's interview was because you requested it. . . . Don't waste your time looking for more knowledge. What you need is faith." The doctor turns to Marco but Marco does not look at the doctor. "And Marco. . . . The reason I force you to sit through this was to hopefully renew your interest in being Angelica's handler. What happened to your enthusiasm?"
"Come on, Bianchi. . . ." Marco still did not look at the doctor but then turns to him. "You of all people should know how I ended up feeling this way. We went through it together!" Marco stood up. "I worked long and hard to teach her everything I could, but it was those damn cyborg engineers. The conditioning process wiped her mind! Everything I taught was useless! Look, maybe you can rationalize it in your head because you are a doctor, but can you honestly say you'd have no problems with this if you were a handler yourself?"
"I understand how painful it is." Marco starts to leave the room as Bianchi is addressing him. "They're studying the effects of the implants as we speak. . . ." Marco opens the door but Bianchi continues. "Soon the side effects will be avoidable and possible even reversible. Perhaps Angelica could hold out until they're done. But abandoning all hope for her is wrong." Marco steps out and closes the door behind him.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Jeanette walks in with Hondo behind her. She hands over a plate and a can soda to Fernando before sitting down herself and goes to her meal.
Fernando (pointing to a chair behind Jeanette's that faces a controller board of sorts): Have a seat Hondo.
Hondo take the seat and sits in it, looking at the controller board momentarily before spinning the chair to face Fernando.
Hondo: I dont appriecate...
Fernando (interupting him, then goes Sargent on him): Thats all well and good. First off, learn to take a joke. Second, play by the rules. Loose canons or not, there are rules to abide by, at least for your own safety. (hands Hondo a small folder, which he opens and finds 3 IR sniper scope poloriod pics of him hiding, from 3 different directions) You're getting sloppy, Hondo. If a bunch of wanna-be boys with spy gear or one of the 'coffee, milk, or me' girls out there can get you so easily, how you are going to be in a forgien country with little girls trained to kill? You dont know who your target is, and having a gun at your side is not the be all answer that some may think. This takes disipline, deep thought, hard reasoning. Know when to run or walk away. Learn when to use deadly force, as a last resort. But most importantly, dont be so distracted. Loose cannons I'll work with, but understand that I will hold everyone responsible if this mission messes up! danger will be afoot, trained killers everywhere, we need to think like a game of chess- and out think those holding our captive. And I expect sucess. There is not money, fame or reward for this mission. Just a big thank you from a young adult/teen red head squirrel. Now, do I make myself clear?
Hondo looks at Fernando like the piece of work that he truly is. Then he answers.
Hondo: Yes sir!
Fernando: Good. Now Solider, go back out there and get a big lunch. I hear they got lobsters and steak, just like for paratroopers before paratrooping day... Then rest up, we meet in 6 hours at the hotel.
Hondo nods and then he gets up and leave.
After a few seconds when the door closes;
Jeanette: You actually think he's going to listen to all you said?
Fernando: No, but at least, I have his respect, and he's slowly earning mine.
Jeanette: I dont see it.
Fernando: You dont need to, but I do.
Jeanette: I see...
Fernando: ...said the blind man to his deaf wife while kicking his dumb dog.
Jeanette: You know, you're going to have to explain that one to me one day.
Fernando: One day, but not today.
-End Page 15

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #16 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:36pm

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo went back to his seat and ordered his food.
*I know he's right. I have been chasing punks, hoodlums, and bandits. i am great at hidin' and fightin' them, but most of them aren't worth a plug nickel anyway. i could maybe out do most of these city slicker top dog's if I was in the woods or in the mountains, as that is my territory. I am now playin' in theirs.* he ate his dinner without a word to anyone. just kept thinking.
*He probably doesn't know my record. i haven't killed many. I only shoot to kill if it is to protect another's life. especially after I shot her. Oh, I haven't thought about her in a while.*
if anyone could have seen Hondo's eyes, they might have seen a tear. He remembered the day no one would believe him that the president was going to be assassinated during a Midwestern tour in a small town. the Presidents guards kicked him out of town, as they believed he was only stirring up trouble. the Presidents 'highly trained guards' could miss nothing, so they thought. Hondo knew the plan from an informant of his. he took a Sharps Quiggly's special w/vernior sight and waited for the assassin. he stood in a church belfry 1/2 mile away. he saw the assassin and kill her. His best friends wife. His best friend found out and after chasing Hondo for 2 years it ended in a duel. Hondo let him shoot first and got wounded in the shoulder, but Hondo's bullet was straight through the heart. Hondo latter found out that his friends wife was hypnotized to carry out the deed. He blamed himself the more. Hondo always carried the feeling there was more he could have done.
*I must try harder to protect these friends, let it not be said that I could have done more.*
Hondo
P.S. Thanks Fernando.
Fernando
- - - - -  
A little before 12noon (on Fernando's Watch), the south western coast of Spain is coming up fast, with the Mediterranian looming over the horizon. Milan is another 2 hours plus away at 675MPH.
As long as nothing happens along the flight path, there should be nothing to worry about. All around, the occassional other plane can be seen as small objects in the sky. As long as they remain small in the background, things should be ok. These are some of the most crowded skies in the world outside of the New York/Boston Air Traffic area, or the LA/SanFran area. Only problem is that these planes are flying by their own international rules of which countries they are flying to/from.
Along with various air transports, an occasional military aircraft makes its way to the 737BBJ. They just buzz by after a close run by, probably to chell that its not a hijacked plane or a stolen registry. Since there are 5 known missing aircraft which is believed to be Al Quida owned, the skies over certain areas have been a bit paraniod as to who flies across them.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
ETA Milan 3h20'
Despite heavy traffic, Heathrow middlelanding didn't pose any problems. ATC seemed to be expecting him.
<<Someone has informed them of my arrival... and it wasn't me. I'll have to talk to Fernando about this.>>
Code:
This is Raptor-1 reporting in. Situation A-OK.

ETA Milan 1h06'
Sinclair already contacted the Italian ATC and was on his way to the last waypoint before landing.
[language="Italian"]
"Picolo company? Charles Sinclair speaking." "Marco! Good to hear from you! Is your grandma still around? That's great. Listen, do you still have that old red?" "Yep that one." "Thanks. Yeah that'd be great. See ya."
"Aeroporti de Milano? Has Flight DL00084 already landed?" "Thank you."
"Flight 386 New York Milan calling Milan ATC."
"This is Milan. Go ahead Flight 386."
"Requesting permission to land."
"Negative Flight 386. The airfield is overrun with hares."
<<Hares?>>
"Roger Milan. My fuel will run out in two hours."
"Roger that. We'll keep you informed of the situation."
After about 90 minutes the radio answers again.
"Flight 386 this is Milan. You are clear to land at MXP. Runway 02"
"Roger Wilco."
[language="English"]
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
It was late afternoon, around 18:00, on the USS Texas when radar on the destroyers in the battlegroup picked up the Boeing 737. Captain Dixon went down to the Combat Engagement Center on Texas and watched the plane track across the fleet's scopes. As it flew overhead, Eddie climbed back up to the bridge and watched for it. He spotted it briefly, and gave a short quick salute.
After the plane, barely visible from the ocean's surface, had disappeared over the horizon, Eddie retired to his cabin. Soon the battlegroup would begin participation in the NATO excercise scheduled for the following day.
(OOC: The timing might be a little off, but I'm leaving for work now and I wanted to get this in.)
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Alex II Chekcing his Radiar making sure no Hijackers try to attack nando Plane as he was looking too since there were insibal they were eating Lunch too*
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
All of the girls from the Social Welfare Agency are far from happy, but they're not necessarily unhappy, if they even know the difference. A few years ago there was an unfortunate little mouse named Angelina. Her own parents tried to kill her. Apparently right before her father's business went bankrupt, he took out a large insurance policy on Angelina and was looking to cash in.
Around that same time, in an outdoor cafe, Marco was with a lady mouse with long dark hair and glasses. "So they dismissed you because your eyesight got worse? But I thought that was a workplace injury."
The then younger Marco was not wearing prescription sunglasses but he did have a bandage over his left eye. "I don't care about the job, I'm just happy I can still see. Even if my eyesight is bad, I can still see your eyes. Oh, Patricia. . . . They're the most beautiful things I've ever seen."
At the agency Marco is standing opposite of the chief. He no longer has a bandage over his left eye but instead he is wearing prescription sunglasses.
"I must say," the chief began, "you have quite an impressive resume here, Marco. Consider yourself hired."
"Thank you, sir. This is a great honor."
"Oh, and by the way, do you like children?" The chief asked.
"Uh, yeah. Children are wonderful."
The chief and Marco are walking down a hall. "So, who is this new organization working under? The State Department?"
"Dr. Bianchi highly recommended you, Marco. . . . Did he not tell you anything about this job?"
"He just said I'd like the job and he couldn't talk about it."
"Sound like you have a lot of trust in his judgment."
The chief and Marco enter an observation room. The chief approached the window while Marco closed the door behind them. "Come over here." The chief says, "I'll explain your job to you."
Marco approaches the window and sees a small, unconscious mouse hooked up to machines in the adjoining room.
Later, in another room, the girl mouse is in a hospital bed but no longer connected to machines. Marco is sitting at the bedside of the sleeping mouse. Dr. Bianchi is in the room as well. The mouse starts to wake up. "Daddy. . . . Mommy. . . ." She opens her eyes and sees a man sitting at her bedside. "Why am I in this bed?"
"You are in a hospital right now that's part of the Social Welfare Agency."
"A hospital? That's strange. . . . I remember going on an errand . . . then this car came after me. . . . Next thing I knew I couldn't move."
"The doctors used their magic to help you get better."
"Where's my daddy?"
"Your parents had to do something, so they'll be back later."
Dr. Bianchi prepares an ejection. The girl mouse turns her head in direction of the sound the doctor was making. "Are you going to stick me with that?"
"Why? You not like getting shots?" Bianchi asked.
The mouse nods her head no.
"Of course not." Marco answered. "No kid likes getting shots." Marco turns to the small patient. "How about if I tell you a story so you won't even know it's happening. . . . Now let's see what we've got. . . . Do you like pasta?"
"I love it."
"I'll tell you . . . about the Prince of Pasta. A long, long time ago, there was a great kingdom made of pasta. In this kingdom there lived a prince who loved pasta and he would eat it every single day. This was great for him, but there was a problem." Bianchi gave the patient the injection. "There was only one fork in the entire land, so the prince always had to eat his pasta all by himself. Well, even the most delicious pasta has no flavor when you're forced to eat it alone."
"It still hurt anyway."
"Yeah, I should have figured that."
"Well, keep going. What happens with the pasta man?"
"I'll wait to tell you more when it's time for your next shot." Marco gets up from his seat. "Now you behave yourself, okay?"
The nearly dead Angelina was reborn as a cybernetic test subject. Marco decided to rename her Angelica. In Marco's eyes, her parents were the scum of the earth for what they did to her, but Marco felt they were right in calling her an angel. Back then, section 2 was in its infancy. They had under ten people on staff. They never got any real work, so they had plenty of spare time.
In the practically empty dining hall, Bianchi and Marco are having lunch. "So how is she?" Bianchi asked.
"Almost too good. Those implants are incredible." Marco answered.
"Does she ever ask you any questions about her family?"
"Yeah, sometimes. But whenever she brings it up I pull out the Pasta Prince story. Once she hears that, she forgets all about it. . . . It's kind of funny because I keep making up the story as I go along."
"Oh, you mean you made up that story about the pasta guy? I just always assumed it was from one of Patricia's children's books. Have you told her about your new job yet?"
"No. I'll get to it next week."
In an open square, Patricia is with Marco. "Welfare?" Patricia asked. "I thought you were with the military police."
"Well, remember that old friend of mine, Bianchi? He's the one who got me in."
"So what is it exactly that you do for them?"
"How should I put it? I kind of take care of children."
"That's great news. We can see each other more often now. . . . It's the perfect job for you, Marco."
Every time Marco saw Angelica, she would pester him about the rest of the story. Marco had completely run out of ideas, so he had some of his colleagues help him thicken up the plot. They really had nothing else to do at the time.
Marco, Priscilla and Olga are in a library sitting around a table stacked with books. "All the fairy tales I have ever heard have had a princess at least." Priscilla, the lady squirrel suggested.
"And maybe the princess could be kidnaped by a dragon." Olga chipped in.
"A dragon, huh?" Marco ponders. "I don't know. . . . Seems kind of ordinary."
"Well we're not professionals, you know," Priscilla continues, "and it's not like the story has to be complex."
Amadeo and Giorgio are observing from a distance.
"What are former military and intelligence agents doing yapping about this?" Giorgio asked.
"Ah, who cares? Nothing better to do."
Giorgio is getting itchy feet. "I wish they'd get that girl into combat shape so we can get back into the field. I'm sick of waiting around."
Just as Giorgio was hoping, Angelica's implants were finished a short time later. By the time Prince Pasta had met Princess Pizza, Section 2 was finally strong enough to be used in antiterrorist operations.
On a quiet evening Marco and Patricia were sitting on a couch. Patricia pulls out a notebook. "Why did you name the prince Pasta?"
"Because only the prince of the pasta kingdom can eat pasta. . . . There's only one fork available in the whole kingdom so only one person can be named Pasta."
Patricia is writing this stuff down in her notebook. "In all this time that you've been away at work, the last thing I expected you to be doing was writing a fairy tale for a little girl."
"So, uh . . . what are you writing down?" Marco asked.
"This sounds very interesting to me so I want to take notes. . . . Marco. . . . Can't you tell me where you work? I'd really like to know."
"The Social Welfare Agency. . . . It's your typical government job."
"Is that. . . . Is that so?"
"Yep."
Marco is giving Angelica instructions at the outdoor firing range. "Spread your feet apart about shoulder's width and be sure your arms are firmly locked in place. Don't touch the trigger until you're ready to shoot. Now, go ahead and take a shot. Don't let the sound or recoil startle you."
Angelica fires a single shot and hits the paper target in the chest. Priscilla is wearing sunglasses while riding a bike and approaches Marco and Angelica. "Wow! That's an impressive first shot for a girl your age." Angelica lowers the gun and turns around. "Those cybernetic implants really are amazing."
"Hey, Priscilla." Marco greets the squirrel. "Just riding around wasting time again? What's with the stealthy sunglasses?"
"Hey give me some credit here." Priscilla lowers her sunglasses revealing a black eye. "I just finished hand-to-hand combat training."
"You mean you train just like me, Priscilla?" Angelica asked.

"Normally, I'm just a boring intelligence analyst, but I figure if I'm going to be with you guys, I should toughen myself up a little bit. Strength brings possibilities."
"Possibilities?" Angelica asked.
"That's right. . . . Possibilities that can be used for good or bad things. I wanted to help you just like the Pasta Prince saved Princess Pizza, but from the looks of it, you should be protecting me. So tell me, Angelica. . . . Did you find it scary shooting a gun for the very first time?"
"No. It was something I had to do, so I really enjoyed it."
Giorgio and Amadeo are in the hall arguing. Giorgio slugs Amadeo.
"Man. . . . What the hell's your problem?" Amadeo asked.
"We do nothing but babysit all day long and I'm sick and tired of it."
"So? Take a look at your paychell. It's not a bad day's work."
"You know, I get the feeling you're just here to hit on chicks, you marine trash!"
"Tell me, Giorgio, are all ex-army as pinheaded as you? Do you really love killing that much?"
"Shut up!" Giorgio pulls out a knife.
"Looks like the little baby wants to pick a fight."
"Come on!"
Amedeo pulls out his knife.
Angelica hears the commotion and takes a look to see what is going on. The small mouse rushes in and breaks up the fight by dislodging the knives from both of the full-grown men. In the process Angelica's left arm is accidentally cut by Giorgio's knife.
Giorgio and Amedeo are standing in the office. "If I could have it my way I'd fire you both," Jean scolds them, "but the agency doesn't see it that way. I'll make you suffer instead. . . . I'm sending yo to army operations for the next three months. . . . If you both want to act like macho thugs you can do that there."
"Yes, sir." Giorgio and Amedeo answer in unison.
Angelica is standing in the hall by a door. Her left arm is bandaged up. "I guess I tested the possibilities that Priscilla was talking about. . . . Do you think I failed?"
Marco is standing next to her. "Not at all. You did great, Angelica, and I am so proud of you."
Ironically, this incident convinced the Agency to put the cybernetic implants into a real life test, and soon enough Section 2 was in action. It was after that test that they first started learning of some of the negative side effects to the cybernetic transformations.
Angelica was looking at the flour garden. "They're so pretty."
Marco was standing beside her. "Yeah."
"Angelica."
Angelica turns to see who called her. "Amadeo! Giorgio!"
Amadeo was looking straight at Angelica and holding a bouquet of flowers while Giorgio was looking down at the ground as if he was in an awkward situation.
"Hey, your finally back." Marco observed. Amedeo and Giorgio approach.
"Those three months seemed like an eternity." Amedeo commented.
"You guys brought it on your selves." Marco continued.
"Yeah, we know." Amedeo hands Angelica the flowers. "Angelica. Here."
Angelica receives the flowers not knowing what this was all about.
Amedeo says to Giorgio, "Come on. . . . Apologize."
"Yeah, thanks, I know. . . ." Giorgio turns to Angelica. "I'm really sorry about what happened."
Angelica had a blank stare in her face. "And what happened? I must have missed it."
In the open square, Bianchi is talking with Patricia. "I have to admit I'm shocked. I thought you two would be together forever."
"Dr. Bianchi. . . . What is it that Marco really does for his job?"
"I'm not at. . . ."
"You're not at liberty to tell me? He said the same thing to me. . . . And the whole while I could still smell the gunpowder on him. I can't live my life with someone who may or may not come home alive. . . . All I want is a simple man with a normal job. Oh! Whatever happened to that story he made up? The one about the Pasta Prince."
"Right. . . . He finished it and it turned out really well. . . . We actually all pitched it and helped him out."
"You know, I never got the chance to hear the finished story. Would you mind telling it to me? If that's all right. . . . I'd really love to turn it into a book."
Marco stopped telling Angelica the story a while back. Marco didn't want to think that everything he did for her back then was in vain.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Earlier this year.
In a subway station an analog clock is ticking away. One wire is soldered to the hour hand, a second wire is soldered to a small plate at the 12:00 position and the minute hand is used to complete the circuit. An explosive device is attached to the home made detonation device. Bomb experts intervened before 12:00. The bomb did not go off.
In an outdoor cafe, Jose is talking with Enzo, another mouse. Both Jose and Enzo are wearing sunglasses. "A toy?" Jose asked the other mouse.
"Yeah. But can you really call it that when its sole purpose is to explode and kill people?" The mouse shows Jose a picture of the bomb that did not go off. "This one's a lot weaker. Not at all like the others. The timer, the connections, the explosive used. It's all way too amateur to be the same. I'd be surprised if the thing even detonated."
"So what are you saying?" Jose asked. "That this was a diversion? That this wasn't the real objective? Okay, so what about the planned attack on the national Museum?"
"We've come across bits and pieces of intelligence, but nothing solid. It's fleeting information like this that tickles the analysts' instincts, sometimes making their imaginations work harder than we like. . . . They think the militant factionists are chomping at the bit."
"I see. . . ." Jose replied, "But your people don't believe that, do they?"
"What's really starting to bug me is this amateur subway bomb and how it all fits in. It doesn't make much sense."
"The factionists are incapable of making their own bomb."
"So they'd have to hire someone to build it. . . . Perhaps they made this shoddy bomb to make it look like the professionals they can't hire have lost their edge."
"You know," Jose commented, "you'd make a good mystery writer."
In an apartment a red headed mouse in her twenties, who looks more like fourteen due to a condition she was born with, is watching the news. Her youthful appearance is only heightened by the fact she studies ballet.
"Luckily, no injuries were reported and officials aren't even certain that the bomb was made by an established terrorist group." The newscaster reported.
"What do you think, Franco?" Anne, the red headed mouse asked.
"We knew from the start they couldn't make a bomb to save their own hide." Franco, a mouse with dark hair and a goatee, answered.
Anne turns off the TV. "I'm talking about how they thought they could lure us out with a stupid stunt like this. The fools underestimated us, that's for sure."
"They'll get no help from us."
Anne agreed. "It's not even worth our time."
In an elegant restaurant, Jose, Bink and Enzo were at a table at one end of the room. A rat and another gentleman were at the far end of the room having lunch. Bink has cupped her hand at her ear listening into what the two gentlemen are saying in the far corner.
"That rabbit in the corner with his back to us is Enrico Perdini." Enzo says to Jose. "He's an ultra left-wing terrorist within the Republican Faction and responsible for last years bombing in Republic Square. As well as four other bombings in recent years."
"Busy guy." Jose commented.
"So tell me, Bink?" Enzo asks, "Do you hear of anything of interest?"
"Mostly politics." Bink answers. "It's complicated. The rat is going on and on about the southern plant. Keeps criticizing their development work. He said that . . . he won't allow any more of the northern plant's tax funds to be fed to the southern plant. . . . And if their plans succeed, the government will be forced to rethink its economic approach to the third quarter."
"Changing his strips just to get more money." Enzo commented. "You know when he first started out he was an anarchist, believe it or not."
Bink lowers her hand cupped over her ear and turns to Enzo. "What made him change his thinking?"
"Nothing." Enzo answered. "See, this guy will work for any cause to get funds for his own movement. The R.F.'s Lombardian Plains Freedom Movement is supported by northern capitalists who have followed the flow of European right-wingers and anti globalism activities for years. Much different than these left-wingers who rob banks to finance their agenda."
Back at the other end of the room, the rat says to Enrico, "All right. Let's see if we can persuade them to go in the wrong direction with this."
"They lost sight of the ultimate goal." Enrico mentions, "If we make them relearn the meaning of a just cause they'll have. . . . No other choice."
"Right. . . . I'll get the committee moving on this right away. . . . I'll also make sure the package gets delivered no later than 2:00 tonight."
The rabbit and the rat lift up their glasses of red wine toast the agreement.
Jose who is aware of what was said, thanks to Bink, says, "When that time comes, give them a lesson they'll never forget. . . . Got that, Bink?"
OOC: Does anyone know what type of cell phone would be hard to trace?
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
- - - - -  
OOC: A plot-specific one.
On a more serious note, none; the cellphone network needs to know which tower to route your call through, no matter which phone you use, and if that information is extracted, then your rough location can be inferred; or, in other words, the first possibility to come to mind is an entirely private cell network.
Or make a short call from a tall building; lots of floors to search.
[quote="CCC"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
 - - - - -
OOC: A plot-specific one.
On a more serious note, none; the cellphone network needs to know which tower to route your call through, no matter which phone you use, and if that information is extracted, then your rough location can be inferred; or, in other words, the first possibility to come to mind is an entirely private cell network.
Or make a short call from a tall building; lots of floors to search.
- - - - -  
Here we have a situation...
Depending on who you talk too, you can or cannot trace a cell phone.
Radio science comes into play with Cell Phones. Radio signals can be traced to an exact location by triangulating onto it. Though one can find out which tower a cell phone a call was made, one need several towers to get a fix on a signal in order to find that cell phone. A simple police force do not have the resources to do this, but a government agency does.
Thus, like a call being traced on a line, the longer the call being made, the more of a chance it can be found to its source. So short calls should be made if one doe snot wantto be traced, but they will get an aproximate area whhere the call is being made.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: A satellite phone or something else of that nature?
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
OOC: A satellite phone or something else of that nature?
- - - - -  
Satellite phones work on a simillar setup, but instead of cell towers, it uses commincations satellites. Since you can use more than one satellite to geta fix on a signal, its just as accurate as GSP. Again, police cant do this, only government agencies can. And once they have your gps location, they'll send a missile to say hello to you.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
In that case I'll just use a regular cell phone.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
In that case I'll just use a regular cell phone.
- - - - -  
lol!
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Enzo, Jose and Bink are walking down a busy city street in Rome in the chilly winter day after leaving the restaurant. Bink is wearing the new red coat Jose gave her a couple of months ago, and carrying an Amati violin case.
"Enzo." Jose begins, "Would it be all right if we stop watching Enrico?"
"That would be fine. I've assigned an auxiliary team to trail him from here on out. We'll make our move once he is with the bomb makers. Until then, continue preparing for the assault at the branch office. Speaking of, will one fratello be enough? I'd prefer to take the bomb makers into custody while they're still alive."
"That will complicate things on our end, but I'll call headquarters and see about getting a couple more fratellos by this evening."
"Thanks, Jose. You know the Rome branch would help if they could, but they're running thin on personnel. All of their special ops are already en route to the museum, and those that are left are better off sitting behind their desks."
"So what is Enrico's plan?" Jose asked.
"To blow something up. That's all we can be sure about. . . . This guy's willing to go to any lengths necessary to get what he wants."
Enzo and Jose stop walking but Bink continues going.
"What's wrong, sport?" Enzo asked. Bink stops and turns her head. Enzo approaches Bink and gives her a gentle pat on the head. "Don't look so disappointed. Jose and I still love ya. . . . We just know we're going to need some extra hands for this job. And if you and the backup from HQ take care of things smoothly, you'll be getting a very nice reward." Enzo retrieves his hand and picks up the cent of perfume on his glove. "What is this? Perfume?"
Bink straitens her hair.
"I suppose I'm guilty of buying her too much," Jose comments, "though the things I buy for her make up her salary. Trust me. She more than deserves everything she gets."
"Well," Enzo remarks, "kids are the most adorable when they're that age. I can understand buying her stuff. After all, incentives to do better can never hurt. My own daughter is old enough now that she can go out and party all night. She rarely comes by the house anymore to see her folks."
The three approaches a building marked "La Verita Government Management Newspaper publishing." Enzo knocks on the guard's window in the entrance way. "Tommaso. I've brought the support from headquarters."
"Fine." Tommaso responds.
Another guard approaches Bink. "Excuse me. This is where they print the newspaper. It's government property, not a place for children."
"It's all right, Pietro." Tommaso says to the guard, "She's the one I told you about." Tommaso turns to Enzo. "We already have a room waiting for you. You should take her inside immediately."
"Right." Enzo says to Tommaso.
In a hotel like room, Enzo says to Jose and Bink, "Sorry about that, guys. One of the biggest headaches about acquiring outside help is having to take their snotty attitude with a smile."
Bink lays down her Amati violin case and opens it revealing her FN P90. "I'm use to it."
"Well, you two relax her until this evening. Is there anything else I can get you while I'm out?" Enzo asked.
Jose gets out his cell phone. "Yeah. . . . Some spare ammo for Bink. . . . Oh, and I could use an FN Five-seven." Jose makes a call. "Jean, it's me. . . . Pattern B." Pause. "Right."
Enrico is walking down the street and notices that he is being trailed by two men. Enrico goes around the corner, the two men following Enrico turn the corner as well but this time Enrico is no longer in sight. The men trailing Enrico go down the street looking for the rabbit they're trailing. When the coast is clear, Enrico doubles back to where he came from and goes to the subway station. The men trailing Enrico realize that he gave them the slip and double back as well. In the distance they see him entering a subway station. The subway pulls up, Enrico boards the subway and the doors close before the men trailing him can get on as well. The rabbit looks out of the window and smiles at the two men on the platform as the subway pulls away. Enrico sits back and relaxes as Rico and Jean are standing next to him in the same subway car.
Fernando
- - - - -  
With less than 90 minutes to land, one can see the boot of Italy from high above the Mediterranian Sea. Just south of the flight path was where a deHavelin Comet exploded in its flight at about 30,000 ft above Elba from sudden decompression from structural failure in Jan.10th 1953.
'This area seems to be the Bermuda Triangle of the Mediterranian...', Fernando thinks to himself. But having flown in the Devil's traingle more times than he could count, the thought was one of historical value and not one of hidden fear. 'Both the Brittanica and Lusitania also sank in this area...'
Jeanette: Everything OK?
Fernando: Uh? ....Yes, why you asked.
Jeanette: You have been quiet the last past hour.
Fernando: Its nothing.
Jeanette: Whats on your mind?
Fernando: Again, nothing.
Jeanette: I see...
Fernando does not say a word.
Jeanette: Now I know there is something bothering you.
Fernando: Why you say that?
Jeanette: No 'said the blind man' comment. Come on, what's bothering you?
Fernando: Sometimes I like to stay quiet. Think things out, you know?
Jeanette: That is unusual for you.
Fernando: What makes you think that?
Jeanette: I'm expecting you to do or say something.
Fernando: Like what?
Jeanette: A time portal to seagull beach or Ms Bell dropping by and saying hi at the top of her tiny voice... You usually do something out of the ordinary at least once a day, and more so before rescues and missions.
Fernando: In all seriousness, Jeanette I dont think some of us are coming back. Not alive at least.
Jeanette: What makes you say that?
Fernando: Something I was told while I was chelling out this bird by some suit.
Jeanette sighs before commenting: I trust you in keeping me safe. I dont know about the others, I guess they are on their own.
Fernando: A leader is responsible for those he leads.
Jeanette: You do not have to lead, you know.
Fernando: Too late for that. In seriousness, Jeanette, you'd think that Chip and the stupid 4 can infiltrate a forgien country, sedate an brain washed child assassin and bring her back to the cafe without any casulties? I think not. They would not be able to make out of the country with their fur intact, let alone alive.
Jeanette: So you're going through your proverbial bouts of doubt and pain?
Fernando: No.
Jeanette: Sounds like you're in denial.
Fernando: I dont think we are prepapred enough for such a mission.
Jeanette: Gee, what ever gave you that idea?
Fernando: You dont have to agree with me, you know.
Rome ATC calls in on the radio, asking for identification. Fernando puts on the headset, identifies the aircraft and flight number, then requests for clearence to Milan. Rome ATC gives Fernando the frequency for Milan ATC, where Fenando asks for Route passage and permission to land. He is given instructions to enter the flight traffic circle and is told to wait his turn, something Fernando does not like to do. While over Italian airspace, a couple of military jets pull along side the 737BBJ for a moment and then fly away. Fernando takes off his headset and sighs, before reaching out to the instrument panel and chells on a few minor things.
Jeanette: Just one last thing...
Fernando: What is it?
Jeanette: As your 'wife' on this mission, I dont have to do anything in those terms, right?
Fernando: I dont expect you too.
Jeanette: What about, you know.
Fernando: We wont be doing the nasty either.
Jeanette (as she holds up her left hand to him): Ahem!
Fernando: Lovely hand, you have there.
Jeanette: Isn't there something missing?
Fernando: Like what?
Jeanette: I know you're not that dense... The rings?
Fernando: Oh, those things. I was hoping to give it to you after we land.
Jeanette: Nothing fancy, I hope.
Fernando: Nothing fancy at all... just 6 karats set in platinium.
Jeanette: WHAT!!!?
Fernando: A specail ring for a very specail someone, even though we're just friends, you're a 'F'riend. Besides, its a Cubic Zicronia on titanium. It only looks like a diamond on Platinium.
Jeanette sighs.
Fernando chuckles for a second.
Jeanette: Whats so funny?
Fernando: You, sometimes.
Jeanette: Hmph!
Fernando: Like the time I got you the Star of India. You did not wear it to the Golden Cafe Awards, thinking that it was too much! But unknown to you, its the Star of India but from another time dimension- there the Eagle Diamond still exists but the Star of India is still missing there. Unlike here where the Eagle Diamond is missing.
Jeanette: So you're saying that its a fake?
Fernando: No, its real, but like Danielle, its an interdimensional clone of sorts.
Jeanette: That sounds so creepy now.
Fernando: Dont let it scare you, not one bit.
Jeanette: And why not?
Fernando: Just think of it as a specail gift from a friend, yours to have, to keep...
Jeanette: Sometimes I think these gifts have strings attached.
Fernando: With me, there are no strings attached. You of all people should know that.
Milan ATC calls in. Fernando picks up his headset and responds. Clearence is given to land at Malpensa International Airport, located in the province of Varese, near Milan, Italy on Runway 17R. Once directions are set, Fernando makes a few adjustments (the airport is 767ft/234m above sea level) to the flight computers.
Fernando: OK, Jeanette. Clipboard time, we need to perpare for a landing, insert ourselves into a glideslope and put this sick puppy on the ground.
Jeanette (as she looks over the landing direction on the clipboard): Alright then, set computer to airport's landing hieght.
Fernando: Already did that.
Jeanette: OK then. Nose down and look the airport if using VLS?
Fernando: Doing that now.
Jeanette: Throttle down and slow descent?
Fernando: I'm ahead of you on that...
Jeanette: Then where are you on the list?
Fernando: How about helping me look for the airport? I cant see too far out the window.
Jeanette: What does it look like?
Fernando: It should look like a ladder with crooked rungs on it.
Jeanette (looking out the cockpit windows): I see... We're too high up to see it through the clouds...
Eventually, it was a safe landing at Malpensa International Airport, with little incident.
-End Page 16

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #17 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:36pm

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo was Glad they were finally on the ground.
*never cared for ridin' or flyin' less I was drivin'*He thought. Hondo looked around him at the others, the Rangers and friends of the rangers that had grouped together to help a friend in need. A very dangerous need. He knew this would not be easy and the possibility of death hung in his mind as a reality, not a possibility. He looked toward the sky from whence the landed from, and said a silent pray.
*Father in heaven, help us accomplish this here task. If anyone must die, let me that the others may live. I know to where I go and I fear death no more. Into your hands,Father.*
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then Near Milan*
Alex II: ok Time for the Desquice Jet
Polit 1: Right boss
*Then the Plane came Visible also turing into a Delta Airlines 745 Jet as Polit 2 Radio into Milan ATC as it giving it Instructions to the Tower then once it done couple Military jets pulling along side chelling then they flew away as the ATC giving them Instructions to Land in Malpensa International Airport in Varese near Milan then they bereave Relieves
Alex II: That was close
*Then Rachile a Female Gray Mouse Trooper came in*
Alex II: Rachile Did they were there Regurial Clothes not there CIA clothes?
Rachile: Yes sir they did
Alex II: good We be in International Airport in Varese about 2 hours
*Then the Jet land at the Malpensa International Airport as they land on Runway 18r then got out as they Heading out*
Alex II: Also have your Passports Ready too when we head into customs
Alex II Head out while one of the polits head out to then he call the US embassy have a Two Limos and a Bus Ready to meet them also US Secrecy too making sure they won’Äôt get attack
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Sinclair turned off the engines and went to the passenger cabin to change. Several minutes later he exited the plane in a corp uniform and with a suitcase. He could not afford anyone getting suspicious about the empty plane.
After going through the chellout he found a cab and ordered himself be driven to the nearest hotel.
"Name?" asked the receptionist.
"Charles Attenborough." replied Charles.
"How long would you like to stay sir?"
"Two weeks."
"Would you like to pay via transfer or card?"
"Card." replied Charles after a quick thought giving him a credit card.
"Thank you sir. You have room 142. Here's the key."
Charles got into his room and immediately chelled the windows and walls. He then put the bags under the bed and waited.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then A Limo came as Alex II and his 7 Team members enter as they head to the US Emebesy in Milan*
Alex II: Hope Nando and the others make it we will contact them once we in the Embesley
Rachile: Right sir
CD
- - - - -  
Wikipedia helps!
Fact: The US embassy in Italy is located in Rome.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
There was a knock on the door.
"Marco. Good to see you."
"Mutual. I still do not understand. Why do you need my help to get to the airport?"
"I need to do that quietly so that nobody would connect me with the guy who is in this hotel. Your brother is a security guard there. He could help us."
"I see what I can do. When do you need to get there?"
"Tonight."
The same night near the airport fence two figures clad in black approached the third one wearing a guard uniform.
"Charles, this is Adamo. Adamo meet Charles."
"Is everything ready?"
"Yes. Come with me."
They went to a nearby trench where Adamo opened his pouch and took out two guard uniforms.
"Put these on. Just don't destroy them. I went to great lengths to acquire those uniforms."
They made their way around the fence and toward a guard post. An elderly squirrel looked from behind the desk. Adamo went inside. After a few minutes his head poked through the door, with his hand motioning them inside.
"What have you told him?"
"That it's my turn on the watch. Now go."
"Your brother is a crafty one."
"But that was true. It's the guard change time. Why do you think he insisted on a specific hour?"
They passed the chellpoint and moved along the walls using shadows for cover (the whole area was lit). Evading patrols, they made their way towards business traffic section and wandered around a bit waiting for the area to clear.
Once they were sure the guards went for changing, they sneaked to the plane. Two went inside, after a few minutes only one emerged, carrying a uniform.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
In the hotel like room in the government building in Rome, Jose's cell phone rings. Jose answers the phone. "Yeah? That's right." Long pause. "Understood."
Bink is sitting on one of the two beds. Her back is leaning against the headboard. There is a knock at the door and Enzo comes in. "Bad news." He says.
"He gave your team the slip." Jose tells Enzo.
"Yeah. . . . And how did you know that?"
"One of our teams caught up with him when he got on the train. They're on them now."
"Great."
"He actually just got off the subway."
"Where?" Enzo asked.
"At Cavour Station. B line."
"All right. I'll follow him." Enzo turns around and heads for the door.
"Okay."
Enzo opens the door. "Wait. Hold on. . . . If I'm not mistaken, that's one stop before the museum. If he's at the museum, do you know his real target?"
"No. At any rate. . . . It won't matter after we finish tonight."
Enzo starts to leave again. "I'll contact our guys there." Enzo opens the boor and closes it behind him.
Bink, who is still sitting on the bad with her back to the headboard says to Jose, "The backup."
Jose turns around to look at Bink.
"The backup is already here, isn't it?"
"Yes. I called for Rico and Triela. . . . We've planned for multiple contingencies, just to be safe. You know, it's going to be at least a few hours until we find out where they're hiding. . . . Why don't you try to get in a quick nap while you decide what you want for your reward?"
Bink crawls under the covers. "Actually. . . . I already know what I want."
Enzo trails Enrico while wondering what Enrico is up to. "He's not heading for the museum anymore." Enrico walks past the Roman Colosseum and stops to look before he keeps going. "He's going in the opposite direction . . . just kind of wondering around Rome. . . . What could his target be?" Enrico stops in front of Place d'Espagne before continuing on. Enrico walks along the street with the river to his right. He starts to cross a bridge, stops half way, looks behind him and then continues across the bridge. Enrico approaches a building where a chipmunk, with grey sideburns, is standing at the door. Enrico passes the chipmunk and enters the building. The door closes and the chipmunk pulls out a two-way radio. "Enrico is back."
"Copy." Says the voice on the radio.
In the apartment where Anne and Franco are staying, Anne is on the phone. "Enrico. . . . What are you still doing in Rome? You supposed to be gone. I'd feel much more comfortable making the deal in Ostia."
"Sorry, Anne." Enrico replies, "I wanted to scope out the location first before I commit."
"The longer you stay in Rome, the better the chances you'll get nabbed by this agency I've been hearing so much about. It's way too dangerous for you to stay here."
Enrico looks out the window. "Some guys were following me earlier this afternoon but I was able to shake them off. I'm certain they have their hands full right now . . . the diversion at the museum is working perfectly. Anyway, I'd rather do this tomorrow. Just remember to deliver it tonight by the time we already agreed on." Enrico hangs up the phone. "The bomb arrangements are already set."
"Did we really have to use them?" One of the men with Enrico asked. "I don't trust outsiders."
"Yes, we did. . . . Anne and Franco's bombs are nearly impossible to dismantle. They're simply the best in Italy."
Back in Anne and Franco's apartment, Franco says to Anne. "That guy is a lost cause."
"You're right." Anne answered. "There's no cure for a fool. Since this is an order from above, we'll help him out on this one . . . thought to be honest I'd prefer to have people like him just disappear."
Franco lays a briefcase on the table in front of Anne. "Where are they planting it?"
"If you knew that, you probably wouldn't want to give it to them."
"Should we go through with this?" Franco asked.
"I don't know. If they really are serious about doing it there. . . . Then maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to give them a fake." Anne gets up and walks out of the room. "I'm gonna get ready."
In the hideout where Enrico is staked out, one of the men watches the road on the other side of the river with a pair of binoculars. At the same time, a van is driving along that rode with a periscope sticking up looking in the direction of the hideout. Enzo, who is manning the periscope, looks down at his watch and speaks into his headset. "It's time, but the bomb makers have yet to show up. . . . Remain on standby."
"Roger." Says the voice from the headset.
At the hideout Enrico is looking at his watch as well. A guy standing behind Enrico has his arms cross and sounding a bit agitated. "You positive these two are gonna show up?"
"They'll be here."
"Enrico." Says the guy by the window with the binoculars. "Something's going on. . . . All the traffic beyond the bridge. It's just stopped. There's nothing."
Enrico goes to the window and pulls away the curtain to get a look. "What? Maybe there was an accident or something."
The guy with the binoculars is unable to make out what is going on. "It's too hard to tell from here."
In the van another guy, with Enzo, is on his headphones. "There's been an accident reported. The police have diverted all traffic on this block because of a three-car pileup east of here."
Enzo turns to the guy giving the report. "Dang."
Enrico gets on the two-way radio. "Hey, Simon. You there?"
The chipmunk by the door picks up his two-way radio. "Yeah. Go ahead."
"Can you see what's going on across the river?"
"No, but I can hear police sirens in the distance."
"Go chell it out."
"Yes, sir." The chipmunk goes to chell it out and as he passes a tree, Triela jumps out behind him, grabbing his neck with a garrote. The chipmunk lets go of his radio. Triela grabs the radio as it falls out of the chipmunk's hand and then she tosses it to Hilshire.
Bink and Jose rush the building as he talks to Enzo through the headset. "Enzo. . . . It's started."
"That's fine with me." Enzo looks through the periscope. "If the bomb makers were planning on showing, they would have been here by now. Take Enrico alive and grill the dog."
Anne and Franco, along with other pedestrian observers, are at the accident site. It is blocked off and they can't proceed. Anne and Franco are the only ones in the crowd wearing sunglasses at night.
"Is camouflage really necessary for a simple car accident?" Anne asked.
Bink and Jose barge through the door and start shooting. Two are taken down.
A mouse with long hair and a green jacket proceeds in the direction of the shooting. Carefully the mouse proceeds with a hand gun drawn. The mouse looks around the corner, sees a fallen comrade and retrieves a two-way radio. The radio is shot out of its hands by a bullet through the window. From across the river Rico fires two more shots and the mouse is down.
"Cut the lights!" Enrico yells. "Everyone stay away from the windows!"
From across the river, Rico speaks through her hidden mike and earphone. Jean is with Rico. "Lights out on the third floor. Southwest side of the fourth building."
"Enrico must be in there. Can you see him?" Jean asked.
"No, sir. Not from this position."
"Understood. . . ." Jose replies from a few rungs before the third floor. Bink is in front of Jose, one step away from the third floor hall. In the hall Bink sees the mouse in the green jacket on the floor and the broken window but not what's on the other side of the corner. Jose continues, "Hilshire. . . . What's going on down there?"
Hilshire is outside. "I've just ordered Triela to climb the wall on the west side."
"Good. I'm sending Bink in now so we can surround him."
There is an overturned table by the door to the room where Enrico is staked out at. Two armed men are stationed behind the overturned table.
Bink takes a step onto the floor. Several shots are fired by the men behind the table. Bink retreats. The bullets only hit the wall. With a tremble in her young voice, Bink says, "Please. . . . Don't shoot me." Bink steps into the hall with her arms raised. "Please. . . . Please help me. There's scary people downstairs with guns. And they. . . ."
"What the hell?" The gunman standing the closest to the door asked. "How did this little kid get inside here?"
"Perfect timing. . . ." Says the first gunman. "We can use her as a hostage." He then speaks to Bink. "Don't worry. Come to us. We'll keep you safe."
Bink, looking scared and with her hands up, walks slowly to the two gunmen.
"Hurry." The first gunman says. Bink stops. "Hurry up before the bad guys come after you."
Bink then hurries over to the two men hiding behind the table.
The first gunman grabs Bink. "Now be a good girl. . . ."
Bink slugs him in the abdomen and he doubles over in pain. This distracts the other gunman long enough for Jose to take him out.
Enrico and one other guy are left in the room. Bink removes her SIG P239 from behind her jacket, rushes into the room, takes out the other guy and trains her P239 at Enrico. Enrico removes a grenade from his jacket and is about the pull the pin. Triela bursts through the window and aims her M1997 at the rabbit. Enrico drops the grenade on the floor with the pin still in place and raises his hands.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then The Limo Arive at the US Emesbey in Rome as the driver show his ID to them as it enter and the gates closing then Alex II and his Team got out as they heading in then they saw Razale a Gray Mouse with Sunglass was there contact ’ÄúHay Razale
Razale: Hello Agent Alex II Your Weapons are here follow me
*Then he lead them into a Sercet Base underground have every Device*
Alex II: Ok Team this will be staying and Razale call Fernando Tell him that I am in the US Emebsey but Have him and the team come here for the meeting so we can get on our plan also once you made that call have it dissaperd too I don’Äôt want anyone knew that we was here including the Welfare Socisey Agency
Razale: Right Make sure you not here
Alex II: good
*Then Razale Went to make a Call on a Non Trascibale Phone aka the Red Phone, Red Phones are only link to the Presedent Phone back in America also Any Phones also it Eraze there Wereabout making sure no one can’Äôt track them*
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
The following day, a clear winter day, Anne and Franco approach a police barricade on the bridge. Anne addresses them. "Officers. Did something happen here? Why is the bridge closed?"
"There was an arrest here last night. This area's off limits now."
Anne then quietly says to Franco. "Looks like Place D'Espagne ([url=http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_di_Spagna&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522place%2Bd%2527Espagne%2522%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USShockedfficial%26sa%3DN]translation[/url]) was able to avoid the bombing after all."
Jose and Bink are walking down the steps of Place D'Espagne. Bink is wearing her red winter coat, carrying her Amati violin case while eating an ice cream cone. "Are you sure a simple ice cream is all you want for your reward?"Jose asked. "Especially in the middle of the winter."
"I'm sure. . . . Didn't you know there's a meaning behind ice cream in Place D'Espagne?"
As Bink and Jose were walking down the steps, Anne and Franco approach from a different direction, both Anne and Franco are wearing sunglasses. Bink accidentally bumps Anne with her violin case. "Oh, my." Anne says to Bink. "Are you okay?" Jose and Bink do not recognize Anne and Franco. Anne recognizes Bink as one of the girls from the Social Welfare Agency but does not let on that she does, not even to Franco.
"Sorry. . . . I'm really sorry." Bink answers.
"Well, I'm glad your ice cream is all right. You are in Place D'Espagne after all."
"Yeah." Bink replies.
Anne stands there as she watches Bink walk off.
"What is it?" Franco asked.
"That girl. . . . " Anne answers, not letting Franco in on what she knows. "She was wearing an expensive perfume."
"So what?" Franco asked.
Anne lets down her sun glasses. "Designer perfume . . . and an Amati violin . . . she must be a daughter of a well-to-do family. At the end of the day, it's girls like her that we Republican Factionists are out to protect."
Fernando
- - - - -  
The following morning Jeanette wakes up in a large comfortable bed, shaking off the events of the day before. As promised, she was alone in the bed, Fernando was curled up in a ball under a blanket in a corner chair, still sleeping. Despite his wellness and abilities, shifting time zones and jet-jag are the one of the few things that throws him off. Despite the shining sun lighting up the room, Fernando buries himself deeper in the blanket.
Jeanette gets out of bed, putting on a robe over her pajamas, and walks over to the chair, where Fernando was sleeping. Keeping her comments to herself, she goes into the bathroom to shower up.
20 minutes later, Jeanette walks out of the shower wrapped up in several towels, finding Fernando wrapped up in the blanket, sitting 'Astronaut Style', snoring away.
Jeanette (to herself): How did he managed that?
Jeanette grabs a few clothes and darts back into the bathroom to change. She comes out fully dressed to seize the day, finding the chair upsidedown over Fernando as he snored under it. Just an arm stuck out from underneath.
Jeanette: Thats it...
She bends over to lift up the chair off him. All was fine as she finds Fernando under the blanket curled up in its covering. She reaches over and pulls on the blanket.
Jeanette: Alright big boy, its time to wake up...
Fernando (mumbling): Just give me another hour.
Jeanette: Its 8 in the morning, Fernando. Time to wake up...
Fernando (mumbling): Another hour... please...
Jeanette: Breakfast will be gone if you dont wake up...
Fernando growls under the blanket.
Jeanette: Dont threaten me, mister... Or I'll get Ms Bell on your fluffy tail.
Fernando (in sleepy tone): Ms Bell can go to hades.
Jeanette (almost yelling): Fernando Wake Up!
Fernando (pulling the blanket off his head): OK I'm up.... (then covers his head again) Jeezus- who turned on the sun again?!!
Jeanette: Come on Fernando, dont play games here.
Fernando (sticking an arm out): hand me the glasses, their on the dresser.
Jeanette: What, no please?
Fernando: Please...
Jeanette: Much better.
Jeanette walks over to the dresser and gets the glasses off it, then hands them to Fernando's arm that was sticking out from the blanket pile.
Fernando: Thank you...
Jeanette: Hurry up, we be meeting with the others after breakfast.
Fernando: They can wait.
Jeanette: No they cant.
After a while, Fernando gives in and gets into the bathroom and showers up. He comes comes out dressed, and ready to go, but so wanting to go back to bed. Though the sun was out, his brain was registering 2AM, where he would be sleeping at this moment. Jeanette seems more adjusted to the time diffeerence than he was.
Together they have breakfast. Afterwards, they return to the room to gather a few items before heading out. On Jeanette's bed, Fernando puts a metal brief case and opens it. Inside were several guns and a lot of ammo. Fernando takes one of the guns and put it inside his suit pocket. Then he takes a smaller one and turns to face Jeanette with it.
Fernando: Know how to use one of these?
Jeanette: I do not intend too.
Fernando: You will need too. *(Fernando takes her hand and extends her arm outward, placing the weapon in it)* Look. You need to know that the weapon is an extension of your arm. Keep the arm and wrist straight, that is will the bullet will go.
Jeanette: What about lining up sights?
Fernando: Takes too long. Look, when in doubt, press the trigger slightly and the red laser dot will show where it will hit. Pull the trigger all the way to fire the gun.
Jeanette: What about safety?
Fernando: Wear this watch. The gun wont fire without it. It has a distance of 6 inches, wearing the watch on the right hand and shooting it with the left will stop the gun from firing.
Fernando: And one thing, Jeanette.
Jeanette: What is it?
Fernando: Dont use it unless you absolutely have to kill somebody.
Jeanette: I wont.
Fernando takes the gun away from her and stuff it down the waist band of her pants, and pulls the blouse over it. Jeanette complains, but Fernando gives her the watch to unlock the gun, and puts it on her right wrist. He then gathers a laptop, digital camera and a few Thorizaine Pens and put them into a small carrying case. Jeanette helps out with securing the cases, and locking things up. Besides the guns, Thorazine pens and cloth computer case, all they carry is their passports, wallets with their EMT and assorted ID cards and a couple of credit cards.
They both leave to meet with the others at the Milan Library. The passorts were secured in the hotel vault, as they left.
RangerReady 23
- - - - -  
"You men remember your orders?"
"Aye-aye, sir!"
"Observation only, unless the situation calls for it. Then you contact me. The group is staying at the hotel you've got listed in your information packets...they should be headed to a meeting at the main city Library, at this point."
"How do you know, Captain?"
"Simple...the latest intel from HQ. The squirrel's good...but he's not that good."
"I'm sure he'd appreciate the sentiment, sir," the senior airmouse smirked, chelling his flight clipboard.
"I'm sure he would. You're the best, Lieutenant Montego...I've seen you track bloodhounds that didn't smell you coming. Come to think of it, the only one better is me! But don't underestimate the adversary. Stick to your cover at the airshow, until absolutely necessary to break it."
"Aye, sir."
"Good. You'll be taking the Mustangs?"
"Aye, Captain, and the two P-38's. If we're going to have an airshow as our cover, we might as well go in style!"
*From her perch on a nearby deckrail, Rose chuckles.*
"Strange coincidence, Charlie...he thinks like you."
"I know...scary, ain't it?"
"Indeed."
*Standing silently, the two watch as the small squadron of classic aircraft makes it's way down the flight deck, and soars off of the Enterprise with a roar, proceeding toward the mainland. Abruptly, RangerReady pops open a hatch, and begins to head belowdecks. Rose tags along in tow, curiosity piqued.*
"Where're you going?"
"The armory."
"Expecting company?"
"No...I may go visiting, myself."
"But you told Montego--"
"I know, I know. That's why I told him to contact me, in a situation. If there's trouble, Rosie...I'm going in there myself. Which is why..."
*Digging in his uniform's pockets, RR comes out with two epaulets, fastening one onto either side of Rose's jacket.*
"Field commission. If I go...the ship's yours."
"But--"
"No buts. You can handle it...I saw you drink that beagle under the table at the root beer pub when we visited Paris last Christmas. If you can handle him, you can handle this bunch."
*Reminiscing upon past events, Rose giggles slightly.*
"Well...if you say so. I hate to see you going off into the danger by your lonesome, though."
"Don't worry about me. I've been in worse spots. Just worry about getting this ship onto the Atlantic when things boil over. And fast!"
Fernando
- - - - -  
At the Library, a group of tourists gather about a central table...
Fernando: Everyone here?
MidnightMan: Looks like it.
Sinclair slowly counts off to himself before answering: Looks like it.
Fernando: Alright, I know how to handle this... Everybody who is not here, raise your hand.
Everyone looks at each other, but no hands are raised.
Jeanette: Uhm... Fernando, nobody is raising their hands.
Fernando: Good. That means that everyone's here.
Everyone looks at each other some more, adding the the discussion. Fernando continues with his statement.
Fernando: Lets go have something to eat. This place smells of spies to me.
Some complain that they were not hungry, but Fernando leave, and they follow him out of the Library. A couple of blocks away they find a little outdoor resturant that can seat them all.
They gather around their seats about the table, as a morning wine is poured into glasses by the waiting staff. A couple of weaved bowls filled with bread and another set with cheese were pput to the center of the table. Fernando puts his laptop onto the table, ans turns it on. He loads up a few files, and access the network.
Fernando: Gadget, tell us your experience when you were brainwashed into a rodent assassin.
Chip: I dont see how that would help...
Fernando: Shut Up Chip! I'm Talking To Gadget! And For Your Information Bink was turned into a child assassin (as he turns the laptop with Bink's picture on it yelding a machinegun, caught by a local security camera and archived in law enforcement files). We are going to need that information, and the more the better.
Gadget: Well...
Monty: Its OK Hun. We know that was not you when that happened.
Gadget: I dont remember any of it.
Fernando takes the laptop, and starts typing on it.
Chip: Thats not Bink.
Fernando: Figures...
Chip: Its not!
Fernando: Not you, Chip. Gadget... listen to me really carefully.
Gadget: What is it?
Fernando: Now is the time for all good mice to come to the aide of their country...
Gadget's eyes glazes over and she stares aimlessly outward.
Chip: What did You Did To Her?!!
Feranndo: The program is still within her, Chip. It must be deleted when we return home.
Chip: What progr....
Then Chip realizes he married to a killing machine program that was never deleted.
Fernando: Gadget, what's your mission training included?
Gadget (in a far away hollow voice): weapons training, exercise and muscle toning, gymantics training, martial arts in bare hand and weapons combat...
Fernando: What is your mission objective?
Gadget: Kill The Leader.
Fernando: Mission Objective Override.
Gadget: Password.
Fernando scrolls down the screen and finds something.
Fernando: Mary had a little lamb, and a bit of veal too.
Gadget: Waiting for new orders.
Fernando: New orders are to wait for no more orders.
Gadget: Accepted.
Fernando: Gadget, Nathan Chicken Franks.
Gadget shakes her head for a second before responding.
Gadget: What is everyone starting at?
Fernando (stares at Chip): Nothing to worry about, Gadget.
For the next couple of hours, they discuss about rescueing Bink, and the dangers involved while they sip on wine, and eat bread and cheese. Locations are looked over from the laptop and notes on Bink's last sightings and activities taken. As the time goes by, more bread, cheese and wine is ordered as the meeting kept going.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
During a lull in the meeting Hondo ask Fernando a quick question. "Is it possible to stop by the museum? I would like to pick up a pair of pistols, my throwing cards, and a knife or two, that were sent there to a friend of mine who collects weapons." Fernando said, "we'll talk about that later."
Hondo replied, "OK, but if we can't, I will. No disrespect, but I plan to do my part and I want to do it with a familiar weapon by my side."
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then Alex II Team came into the Libary as they wereing Sungalsses also Black Trinch Coats also Razaka With them too since he is there contact
Razaka: Nando My old Friend how it been
Alex II: Hello Nando sir this is Razaka a Worker for the US Emebesy *Wispering into Nando ear* "Also our contact too"
Razaka: Yea I also knew about SWA Plans and Branwashing also there program into little girls now days CIA USe Teenangers not Kids becasue we don't porgram Teenangers only train them also use a Camp for our sercet Training area too also US Even Canada and England are sick with this and there wiere about 15 Missing Kids from England, Cananda and US Too also France so We are Invasageting in Sercet *Using a Wisper to Nando and his team then he look at Gadget also rember her as a kid "I See you Remover her program that good but I was you nando portect Gadget becasue if the SAW Found out she was here then they will capture her agian
*Then they join them for breafaskets*
Alex II: Also we do have our weapons but our Specal Suites alow us to hide them too so no one can't see them (Like Urtual Volit)
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
After the long meeting, Midnight returns to his room at a hotel near but not in immediate visibility range of the Malpensa airport. "Let's see what we've brought," he comments on chelling the contents of his suitcase again. He takes a briefcase and an Italian airport security uniform out of it, changes into the uniform, and puts on a false black moustache and a pair of sunglasses with brownish lenses.
With the briefcase in his hand, he leaves the hotel and calls a taxi cab. The driver gets the order to drive to the airport, but not the direct way. He shall rather take major streets. What Midnight doesn't explain to him is that it's a trick to have it look like he's coming from farther away. Instead, he claims he prefers this way, even if it's more expensive. He even gives the driver a lot of tip.
At the airport, he takes the same way in as the one he took out of it the day before, only that he wore a pilot's uniform then. A guard is standing next to a personnel-only door out to the airfield. The rat reads the name tag on Midnight's uniform. "Signor... Visconti, I've never seen you here before. Who are you, and what are you doing here?"
Midnight moves closer to the guard in order not to have to talk too loud. "Visconti, Naples International Airport security. I've been called here for a... delicate task."
"And that is?"
"Anti-terrorism. Seems like someone has smuggled a number of weapons to Italy in an empty Learjet. I'm here to retrieve them."
"Mafia?"
"Mafia or terrorists. We don't know exactly, but we'll find out."
"Who's we?"
"Interpol. They sent me here all the way from Naples. Don't know why they don't have any specialists elsewhere."
"And how come you're entering the airport from the street side?"
"Because they had me fly to Bergamo instead of Malpensa. Don't ask me why, my protests didn't help a bit, but that's life, I guess."
"So you wanna tell me you've come all on your own to take smuggled guns out of the airport? No police, no secret service?"
"Of course not! Do you want me to cause panic here? No-one shall know about it! I'm only telling you because you wouldn't let me pass if I didn't. May I go now, please?"
"Alright, alright, you can pass." The guard opens the door. "Here you go."
"Thank you very much. And keep to yourself what I told you."
Midnight heads on through the door and across the airfield right to the two Learjets. He enters the one he had flown to Milan and stands up in front of the secret "weapon chamber" in which several different containers are stored. Before he left the plane the day before, he had intentionally loosened the panels which hid the secret stowage to make it look like the plane has already been searched. Two of the containers, smaller wooden boxes, get stuffed into Midnight's briefcase. He then hoists the other ones, five black flightcases, out of their hiding-place to carry them out of the aircraft.
Suddenly, a knock comes from the open exit door. "What's up?" Midnight responds.
"Signor Visconti, police."
Midnight closes his briefcase, places it on one of the seats and goes to the door where two policemice are waiting. So the guard did not keep it to himself. "Good morning. What leads you here?"
"We've been told that illegal weapons have been found in a Learjet. Since this is the only one with an open door, we figured it'd be this one. Is this true?"
"It is." Midnight has got nothing to hide, that is, almost nothing.
"Can we see them?"
"I think so. I haven't seen them myself, so these cases might as well be empty or filled with something entirely different."
He lays down one of the flightcases and opens it before the eyes of the policemice. Revealed are several semi-automatic and fully-automatic guns, countless rounds of ammo, and other similar equipment.
"Wow," one of the policemice comments, "that's certainly an impressive arsenal."
"So why are you here, except to see the weapons?" Midnight asks.
"What would you have done with them?" the other mouse asks back.
"I would have called my Interpol contact who would have taken these guns straight to Rome."
"Mind if we take over here? We'll arrange these four containers to be driven to Rome today. And you can call Interpol and tell them the guns are being taken care of."
"Agreed. Would look pretty strange anyway if I walked across the airfield with five chests full of guns, not to mention that I can't even carry them all at once. I mean, no-one told me they were so many. Here, you can help me carry them, two cases each, and I'll carry the fifth one."
The three mice leave the aircraft again, and after Midnight has shut and locked the door again, head for the security area to leave the airport. Of course, the metal detector through which they have to pass indicates they are carrying metal items. But as there is no public around, only security staff, and as Midnight is in company of two policemice, they can pass with no problems.
In front of the same building, a police station wagon is parked. Midnight and the two policemice stow the five flightcases into the back of the car, Midnight gives the latter two a business card with his fake identity and a real Italian mobile phone number, and they drive away. Midnight walks back to his hotel and goes through his plans again. 'Heehee, the distraction was perfect. Now two Milanese cops are on their way to Rome with five flightcases full of replicas of automatic guns, hand grenades, and even two Bazookas. They're all false! I'd love to see their faces when they find it out.' He just needed them as a big-time distraction from the only real guns which he is now carrying around in his briefcase, a custom-made high-precision sniper rifle and a Micro Uzi for self-defense purposes. They did trigger the metal detector, but so did the "toy guns" in the flightcase in his other hand. Of course, they'd never find out that it was him who had put the fake guns into the plane because today was the first time that he touched the guns as well as the aircraft without gloves.
-End Page 17

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #18 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:36pm

Sinclair
- - - - -  
[OOC]
From what I understood from the earlier briefing, me and Midnight are to be the emergency evac team, and are to wait at the planes at all times, ready to blast off at a moment's notice. Right?
[/OOC]
[quote="Sinclair"]
[OOC]
From what I understood from the earlier briefing, me and Midnight are to be the emergency evac team, and are to wait at the planes at all times, ready to blast off at a moment's notice. Right?
[/OOC]
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Fernando: The LearJets are there for a quick get away if needed. You will be by the planes at all times. They being private planes, do not need a proper flight plan, not until you reach US territories. So if we get out of Italy, we can go anyplace, but on the final leg of the journey, the USA must be aware that we are coming in or they will not allow us into their airspace.
- - - - -  
Right. I don't know if that goes for the co-pilot as well. If so, DOS will be with you at all times.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Charles_Roberts"]
Using a Wisper to Nando and his team then he look at Gadget also rember her as a kid "I See you Remover her program that good but I was you nando portect Gadget becasue if the SAW Found out she was here then they will capture her agian
- - - - -  
OOC: Gadget wasn't conditioned by the SWA. Her brainwashing was done in America and she has a chip in her head rather than cybernetic implants.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 Using a Wisper to Nando and his team then he look at Gadget also rember her as a kid "I See you Remover her program that good but I was you nando portect Gadget becasue if the SAW Found out she was here then they will capture her agian
 - - - - -
OOC: Gadget wasn't conditioned by the SWA. Her brainwashing was done in America and she has a chip in her head rather than cybernetic implants.
- - - - -  
The chip was deactivated. Otherwise it would kick in everyday exactly at 1700 hours.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
It has been a while since I read that comic book. Fernando may need to change that part. Anyhow, it's good to see that "Of Mice and Mayhem" is being used as cannon.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
OMaM is one of three rangerverses that I see as most likely for being used as canon. The other two are: RRR and Mat Plotecher's. (Followed most probably by John Nowak's).
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
OMaM is one of three rangerverses that I see as most likely for being used as canon. The other two are: RRR and Mat Plotecher's. (Followed most probably by John Nowak's).
- - - - -  
If they are integrated, I'll do my best to merge them flawlessly.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Sinclair"]
 - - - - -
If they are integrated, I'll do my best to merge them flawlessly.
- - - - -  
Already thought about that... it might be hard, but I'll also do my best.
Now let's return to the story.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
OOOC: SORRy about that Airk I got Mix up Shockedops:
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
[OOC]
[/OOC]
- - - - -  
[OCC]
Thats when the mission starts. Right not we're on Intell gathering and observation, which will take about a week. You have time to gather and observe with us or to enjoy the sights, the choice is yours. You will be privy to all intell gathered and meetings held.
You also have an option of your own hotel room as needed.
[/OCC]
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
  - - - - -  
 - - - - -
The chip was deactivated. Otherwise it would kick in everyday exactly at 1700 hours.
- - - - -  
Rereading on psychological profiles of brain washing victims, I remembered and verified that no matter what was done to the victim to end the programming, some residuals still remain.
In Gadget's the chip was destroyed. But according to the profile, the program still resides in the brain as a hidden or repressed memory. Suggested commands can be hidden for reentry hypnotism programming.
Thats what I did here.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: Just a reminder, Tammy does know the location of the SWA.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
OOC: Just a reminder, Tammy does know the location of the SWA.
- - - - -  
[OCC]
Is Tammy with us?
[/OCC]
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Yes. Do you remember the headcount I did earlier?
~~~~~~~~~~
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Here are the twenty-two characters listed so far who are going on the mission. Let me know if I am missing anyone.
Arik
DOS
Alex II
Seven CIA Search and Rescue and Attack Team Members
Hondo
Fernando
Jeanette Isabelle
Sinclair
Midnight Man
Gadget
Monty
Chip
Dale
Tammy
Zipper
Annie Oakley
- - - - -  
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Yes. Do you remember the headcount I did earlier?
- - - - -  
I think I'll go back to sleep under the chair...
-End Page 18

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #19 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:36pm

Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
I'm sleepin' on a roof. My favorite place to sleep, which, for real, looks like I might have to tonight. Fire ants are takin' up residence in my bed. I hate fire ants!! I killed most of them with cheap aftershave, but when the uncles hear about it I'm in trouble. :evil:
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
I've been working on an idea using Anne. This will throw another monkey wrench in the mechanics and since no-one but Arik knows my scheme, this part of the story including Anne will have to be done solo. What Arik does not like about this is Bink's handler being killed off by a terrorist. Comments?
Sinclair
- - - - -  
I've been working on an idea using Anne. This will throw another monkey wrench in the mechanics and since no-one but Arik knows my scheme, this part of the story including Anne will have to be done solo. What Arik does not like about this is Bink's handler being killed off by a terrorist. Comments?
- - - - -  
As far as I know, he is a good man at heart and it would be a shame if he had to be killed... but life is unfair. Do as you see fit.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
As far as I know, he is a good man at heart and it would be a shame if he had to be killed... but life is unfair. Do as you see fit.
- - - - -  
Can you think of a reason why a terrorist would rather incapacitate Jose than kill him off?
Fernando
- - - - -  
- - - - -  
Two issues here:
1) This is a PG-13 site. That line has been crossed many times.
2) This a Cloak & Dagger story involving CDRR. Things happen, and characters can die, be killed, or worse. Anything goes in Cloak & Dagger. "It's not just a game anymore."
As discussed in the chatroom, I am trying to keep this rescue to a minimum of colaterial damage to life, limb, and property. But this is something that may not be possible in the end, and what needs to be done to finish the mission and protect ourselves will be done at any costs.
If it is the flow of the storyline, then what has to be done, is done. Just keep in mind that the actions of all interplay with aone another and there will be consquences.
Fernando
- - - - -  
I'm sleepin' on a roof. My favorite place to sleep, which, for real, looks like I might have to tonight. Fire ants are takin' up residence in my bed. I hate fire ants!! I killed most of them with cheap aftershave, but when the uncles hear about it I'm in trouble. :evil:
- - - - -  
Hondo, you have a comfortable hotel room. Sleep on the balcony if you like.
Poor waste of a comfy bed though.
Fernando
- - - - -  
 [quote="Sinclair"]
 - - - - -
Can you think of a reason why a terrorist would rather incapacitate Jose than kill him off?
- - - - -  
Any man who is willing to use a child as a means to an end, whether in violence, sex, or other means, regardless of who he is doing it for (terrorism, government, military, etc) is no better because he has taken away the innocence of the child and destroyed it. Only exception I would see, and its a slim one, is in self defense when they are the hunted and not the hunters.
In seeing this, the terrorists would have not reason to incapacitate Jose.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 - - - - -
Hondo, you have a comfortable hotel room. Sleep on the balcony if you like.
Poor waste of a comfy bed though.
- - - - -  
I sleep too hard in a bed. I sleep lighter if I'm on the floor, ground, roof, etc.
Unless it has fire ants in the bed. Dad blasted things even bit me on my situpon! :evil: Thought I kill enough of them, I was wrong.
Fernando
- - - - -  
*Back to Story*
(This is a second rewrite, since the first one was lost when the computer crashed.)
The rescuers go about Milan individually or as small groups, gathering intell: traffic flow of streets; bus and train routes; places of interests like department stores, muesuems, theaters, libraries, resturaunts, parks, fountains, etc. Just outside Milan, in a smaller airport, there is an airshow going on, show casing WW2 planes. All this information gathered separately on everyone palm-top internet devices is forwarded to Fernando's laptop through the wireless internet connection, and send to all the others. Jeanette went out with the others and is probably working alone on this intell gathering.
Fernando spent his day at the library, connected to the wireless internet, trying to gather intellegence from the Itallian Government computers. Very little is revealed in his search, other than Bink was taken from the hospital by the Social Welfare Agency. From there the leads grow cold.
He does find a pattern, however. Several girls, including Bink, had disappeared after being taken up by various orphanages. Orphanges that seem to not exist on record, only by name. Fernando continues on with his multi-prong attack on the government, agency and military systems to gather as much inforamtion as possible, take traceback precautions.
For a long time of algorythimical searching, nothing was found. Very little was found on the Social Welfare Agency. Military computers come up with nothing. Separate agency computers however came up with Project: Gunslinger Girl
[quote="Fenando's Computer Screen"]
Selected teenage girls have been transformed into cyborgs and subjected to a brainwashing process known as "Conditioning." These girls are then paired with fully human supervisors, called Handlers, and are made to carry out assassinations on behalf of a (shadowy) government agency.
- Image -  
Fernando thinks to himself: This is going to prove interesting...
Fernando
- - - - -  
With what he has, Fernando starts cross referencing news media and gathered evidence. Smaller agencies like hospitals and schools are searched for Bink or anyone with her appearence. Much of the computer records are almost invisable, but several leads were found.
A girl's that matches Bink's description has been matched to a male human who goes by the name 'Jose'. News media reports were tied to the city's security system brings several matches, including one of Bink shooting at several people; according to the newsmedia, killing them. Other killings are listed by groups involving young gun-toting girls.
Tying up the chronological series of events, Fernando sees a pattern emerging. He wondered why they went to Milan, but went ahead with Tammy's instructions of heading there, since that was where she was last when she was looking for Bink, the end of a long bureaucratic trail that sent her from city to city.
Fernando thinks deeper to himself: Though we have the evidence, its all adding up.
He Instant Messages the other palm devices to a meeting, giving a list of choices for a place to meet; preferable for dinner.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Very little is revealed in his search, other than Bink was taken from the hospital by the Social Welfare Agency. From there the leads grow cold.
He does find a pattern, however. Several girls, including Bink, had disappeared after being taken up by various orphanages. Orphanges that seem to not exist on record, only by name.
Bink was not taken from the hospital, she and other girls were transferred under the rouse that this is a welfare agency.
- Image -
- - - - -  
The blond rabbit in the top left is Triela, the mouse with the long dark hair in the top right is Angelica, the squirrel in the middle is Bink, the mouse with the short hair in the bottom left is Rico and the squirrel with the long dark hair in the bottom right Claes.
[quote="Fernando"]
A girl's that matches Bink's description has been matched to a male human who goes by the name 'Jose'.
- - - - -  
Jose is a mouse.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Fernando"]
 A girl's that matches Bink's description has been matched to a male human who goes by the name 'Jose'.
 - - - - -
Jose is a mouse.
- - - - -  
Sorry for going out of content there, lost track of who's who.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
 Jose is a mouse.
 - - - - -
Sorry for going out of content there, lost track of who's who.
- - - - -  
Code:
Character Species  Role
Bink  squirrel assassin
Rico  mouse  assassin
Claes  squirrel assassin
Triela  rabbit  assassin
Angelica mouse  assassin
Jose  mouse  Bink's handler
Jean  mouse  Rico's handler
Raballo  chipmunk Claes's handler
Hilshire mouse  Triela's handler
Marco  mouse  Angelica's handler
Chief  unknown  chief
Ferro  chipmunk Section 2 member
Alfonso  rat   Section 2 member
Amedeo  unknown  Section 2 member
Giorgio  unknown  Section 2 member
Bianchi  unknown  doctor
Olga  rabbit  Section 2 member
Priscilla squirrel Section 2 member
Anne  mouse  bomb maker
Franco  mouse  bomb maker

OOC: I'm thinking Dr. Bianchi would make a good rat.
Fernando
- - - - -  
It was decided, when in Italy, eat Chinese food. (What?!!)
They all gathered around 4 tables by the rear corner for 6 each, more than holding everyone.
But before they gathered, reservations were made at the China Flower of Milan (Delicious Szechuan, Mandarin and Cantonese Style Made to Order). While reservations were being made, Fernando uploads the latest information to everyone's palm internet device. When all is said and done, Fernando leans back against his chair and lets out a sigh.
Jeanette: I take it that everything is not going well?
Fernando: Read your Palm device at the meeting. Right now I got more personal issues to deal with.
Jeanette: Personal Issues?
Fernando: Look... I am sorry if you got hurt in this mission. Sorry for dragging you into it.
Jeanette: Why appologize now? Aren't I supposed to be your Life & rescue partner?
Fernando: Yes, but you were the one that choose me in that partnership.
Jeanette: And I would chose you again. Understand that I dont entirely trust your methods at times, but you have everyone's best interest before your own. That puts you ahead many others in my heart and mind.
Fernando: Eh?
Jeanette: Dont take that the wrong way. I trust you with my life but not with my emotions or anything else. Besides, you're old.
Fernando: HEY!
Jeanette: You're a good guy, Fernando. Lets leave it at that.
Fernando: Yeah, thats been my problem. Nice guys finish last, and that is where I have been placing all my life.
Jeanette: Enough of the interpersonal bull, Fernando. We got a mission to do, gets get it done as you say - with the least possible colaterial damage done.
Fernando: Thats the problem...
Jeanette: How so?
Fernando: We are supposed to be dumb American tourists. None of us is taking the act seriously and we stick out like sour thumbs.You're supposed to be my young wife, and we act like good friends at best- medical ambulance partners at worst.
Jeanette: I'm not going to be all snuggly and giddy over you.
Fernando: Granted, I dont expect you too. But this I know, we are being watched, by whom I dont know yet. But we stick out like sore thumbs, and if we intend to have a sneak attack to get back Bink, they will be ready for it when it happens.
Jeanette: Then what do you propose?
Fernando: I dont know yet, dont have enough information to decide wisely. But until then, we have to be more of what we are of what pretending to be, IE: Dumb Looking tourists. I'll deal with this somehow, lets go to the meeting. Lets go.
Fernando
- - - - -  
*continueing from last uncompleted post*
Everyone meets at the chinese resturaunt, taking seats by tables where they felt the most comfortable. They all talk amoungst themselves about things they had found around the city. In the least the ladies played true to their parts by exchanging notes on the greatest buys and latest styles that they found. Though Gadget spoke of the hardware stores, Jeanette of the computer stores and who knows what Anne Oakley spoke about.
Everyone chose their own dishes of choice, Fernando chooses the 'Screaming Cow' with Pepper sauce and chinese vegatables. Jeanette chooses the 'Lotus Beef Eater' with white rice. Arik and DOS order the 'Happy Family' to share.
This would seem almost like a large group enjoying themselves, but a few slip up and the Palm wireless internet devices can be seen, as are some notepads and a few getting up to talk to others. At best, the group looks like some corporate gathering after their company had gone public. At worst, their cover is definately blown, which Fernando fears.
As everyone talked while they waited for their meals, Fernando spots a familar scent in the air. One that he has a not smelled in quite a while. He looks around down wind, finding a thin atheletically builded red haired female mouse sitting at the far end of the resturant near the exit with two males. He concetrates hard to listen on them, but cant get above the local noise of those around him.
Fernando: I'll be back.
Jeanette: Where are you going?
Fernando walks over to the other table and leans over to the people there.
Fernando: L'OH, lo scusa, io ha pensato che siate stati qualcun altro.
One of the two men she was with: Buon, ora lascili, se conoscete che cosa ˆ® buono per voi.
Fernando: Lascilo fare questo fino voi. Cameriere! Un certo vino per i miei amici qui!
Same male speaking, getting up with a clenched fist: Non desideriamo vino...
Fernando grabs the wrist of the clenched fist and squeezes it hard against the tendons of the forearm hard enough to have the clenched fist open. Then Fernando leans over to him and kisses him on both cheeks, as the waiter puts glasses on the table and fills them with wine. He then lets go the guy, and takes a couple of steps backwards beofre nodding and walking back to his seat. The guy stands there, staring at Fernando as he sat down. Fernando picks up his wine glass and raises it at him and then drinks from it. Jeanette can only look back at what he did.
Fernando says softly: Jeanette.
Jeanette: What?
Fernando almost whipsering: We're being watched.
-End Page 19

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6