Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 5th, 2024, 4:28pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Gunslinger Bink (Read 91596 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: Gunslinger Bink
Reply #50 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:41pm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The remaining posts was the argument and coninual fighting of various members of how it ended. Also a few loose ends were tied up at this point.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #51 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:41pm

Page 50 (loose ends and arugement)
--------------------------------------------------
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
For as much as Hondo and Fernando got along, Hondo was now cursin' him under his breath for leavin'.
"Dang-gum that squirrel!" Hondo said in a whisper.
"Why now?" Jeanette asked. Fernando's leavin had left all the responsibilities to Hondo and Jeanette, of cleanin' up the mess from the operation. Hondo was mostly in charge as he knew better what was goin' on, But Jeanette did her share to help and did a good job at it.
"Well, I think he planned it that way, to get out of clean up! and not only that, the folk after him, knows I was with him, so I have to disappear now, too, after this is cleaned up, but I have no fancy devices to do so!" Hondo growled.
"Fernando did what he thinks is best, no matter if I didn't agree with it." Jeanette said.
"I know he did what he thought best, but I think he could have done it differently." Hondo said
"I know." Jeanette said.
"Well, just make sure the girls and their handlers are ok. I've got to get them back to their base soon. I'll miss the little gals. I have to make sure Tammy goes too, and have to prepare for Midnight comin' in. Boy is The Capitan gonna love this! the bomb plane returns! sounds like a cheap B movie!!" Hondo said.
"I'll go make sure every thing is alright with our new Italian rescue group then, even if I don't agree with them and think they all should be in prison." Jeanette said.
"Yes, J.I." Hondo said.
*Now off to talk to Cap. Ready and Rosie, to let them know, then I've got to make sure Tammy goes with the group and I still have to get them there! What a day!" Hondo thought with a scowl on his face.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Note: You guys still have a huge clean up to do and go home to the cafe.
My job here is done.
      Tammy needs to be sent to the SWA with Bink.
      Admiral Donelly needs to be dealt with.
      The wreckage needs to be cleaned up and sorted through.
      Midnight to be picked up from where ever he is in.
      Rangers sent home.
      etc.
[\quote]
First of all, way to go Fernando! Seriously that was an impressive finish. I liked it so much I wanted that to be the ending of the story. However, it has been brought to my attention that there is some unfinished business which needs to be finished. Well, let me sort through all this so I can get an idea of where we are. By the way, the next time I get the brilliant idea to start another round robin, could someone please remind me of GsB. This was way more than what I thought it would be.
Last edited by DOS & Arik on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
[OOC]
I think I'm gonna take care of the admiral...
[/OOC]
[\quote]
Thank you. I prefer to have all the loose ends tied up before we go home.
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Sinclair"]
[OOC]
I think I'm gonna take care of the admiral...
[/OOC]
[\quote]
Thank you. I prefer to have all the loose ends tied up before we go home.
[\quote]
- - - - -  
I think that RR and I were planning on doing that ourselves, somehow, but OK, go for it, I guess. I do have an idea, if you decide not to. Just please do NOT hurt the North Carolina. It has been established that of her 1500-some-odd man crew, only 30 at most are sided with Donnely. Enough to be a nuisance, but nowhere near enough to actually run the ship.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
"Don't worry captain. If I can help it the only one dead will be the admiral. Collateral damage should not exceed a few doors. Nothing that your men can't fix..." :wink:
I'll need a transport to the ship. If I can make short work of Donnely's supporters I'll be fine from there. Otherwise an extraction would be in order.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
Shortly before 8:00, the evening of the 737BBJ's flight to New York, in Anne and her partner Franco's apartment, the phone rings. Anne answers it. "Anne speaking."
The mouse on the other end is at the airport. "The prisoners are not on board."
"What?" Anne asked.
"The SWA is not on board. Only the U.N. investigators boarded the plane and it's getting into position for take off."
"How could our organization allow this to happen? Do we know where they are?"
"We don't have a man on them."
The following morning a TV news reporter is reporting on the midair explosion. "Crew is shifting through the wreckage in the Mediterranean. All personnel aboard the craft, U.N. investigators and an American CIA agent, are believed to have perished in the explosion. Preliminary findings suggest this is the work of the Republican Faction."
In their apartment Anne turns off the TV and lays down the remote. Franco stood by where Anne was seated. "Dude! This is so messed up."
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
Midnight didn't get any instructions to stay away of the carrier, also because the WWII warbird was easily fast enough to catch up with the carrier in almost no time. He was glad, too, that except the ships belonging to the small convoy there was no ship around, especially not the North Carolina. He almost thought it was a wonder that he made it back to the USS Enterprise when he finally touched down’Äîin the middle of the night, in an aircraft crammed with explosives that wasn't even his, with a former rogue agent behind him, and with the crazy admiral he had already heard about chasing the entire team.
He stopped the plane, opened the canopy, got out and helped Rebecca to get out. She was probably spotted by someone, for as soon as she set a foot onto the carrier, guards came out and surrounded the plane with their guns pointed at her. Among them stood Hondo. "Midnight, you got some nerves... You know who she is?"
"I know who she is," Midnight replied, "but she changed sides. She begged me to take her with me and offered us her help." Rebecca nodded.
"I guess we can use a little insider help," Hondo said, "in case we've still gotta deal with the SWA." Upon his order, the guns are removed.
As Midnight walked past him, he whispered, "I recommend you to have an eye on her, though. I'm not that easy to fool."
"Don't worry," Hondo replied, "there's little she can do here and get away with."
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
The next day Hondo fired up his copter again and started transferin' the fratellos back to their base. It took a few trips but, one day saw them all back home. Hondo warned Jean and Marco that Tammy would have to go through somethin' drastic before she would ever use a gun willingly. Hondo also warned them what he would do to them if they did not start treatin' those little gals better. They both promised to do better.
While Hondo was gone the ships explosives expert and a few crew members unloaded the explosives out of the souped up WWII warbird. It was completely unloaded by the time Hondo got back from the last trip. the last return trip took a little longer as Hondo had to retrieve his foldable copter and haul it onto the ship. Hondo ate supper right after his return, cleaned his guns and then stowed his copters below. after that he had the warbird put in the repair hanger below deck and went to work on a long range hydrogen system w/ nos like his copter had(just in case it was needed for that) and got it ready to stow away, so that if needed later it could be broken out of mothballs at a moments notice. He had offered it to Midnight. He said he might take Hondo up on the offer later, but for now he had his and didn't need a second. So with Cap. Ready's permission it was stored below.
Hondo figure he could help if needed, but his part of this mission was complete. only thing now was to stay out of site and keep alive until the mess could be cleared up with the CIA.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
A battleship is like a floating city. It has a canteen, a hairdresser, a dentist.... With a crew of over 1500 it takes time before you get to know everybody. Sinclair was now using this little fact to full advantage. After he approached North Carolina at night on a dinghy, Charles climbed aboard and entered the bowels of the ship. He was wearing a sailor's uniform and betting on the fact only around 30 crewmembers were supporting Donnelly.
Twenty minutes later he found the admiral's cabin and knocked on the door.
"Enter."
Sinclair opened the door, walked inside and quickly closed them behind him. The admiral was sitting at the desk, mumbling to himself.
"What do you want, sailor?" he grumbled.
"I bring a message from Captain Charlie."
Donnelly looked at him, stunned and started to stand up.
"He wants you," continued Charles, "to stop trying to interfere with the rescue operation, get the 'eel out of here and resign your commission."
The admiral was now approaching him with a clear intent of murder in his eyes.
"And if I do not?"
"Here's a hint." answered Sinclair, rising his left arm and pointing at Donnelly.
In a split second a gun appeared in his hand, and with a pull of the trigger he sent a 10mm bullet to the admiral's chest. The left sleeve has been ripped apart by the spring of the rapid-draw holster, fastened to his forearm, and was now hanging below.
"Fool!" shouted Donnelly. "Bullets cannot harm me! Prepare to die!"
"Oh, I know that...." Sinclair retorted with a wicked smile. "But this certainly can."
He extended a meter-long blade and was now waving it before himself.
"Approach if you dare!"
After several seconds the door opened revealing five crewmembers who were attracted by the sound of the explosion, multiplied by good acoustics of the metal hull. They saw Sinclair, standing in front of them, filling the entire doorway.
"Who are you?! what happened?!" they demanded.
"The admiral has chosen to end his career." answered Charles. "You may join him if you want."
Fernando
- - - - -  
In a building that is hard to find and many refuse to admit of its existance, a meeting is being held in one of it s conference rooms with 2 high ranking leaders and a blind squirrel.
Agency Leader 01: So you want these charges of dessertion and treason dropped against the whole group?
Blind Squirrel: These are trumped up charges against the Rescue Rangers, because somebody is taking their lower level work too personally.
Agency Leader 02: You have proof of this?
Blind Squirrel: Its in that report.
Agency Leader 02: We'll get back to you then.
Blind Squirrel: No. I need a decision now. Many lives are at stake here and I will not leave without a guarenteed order of living our lives in peace.
Agency Leader 01: What makes you think that if we wont refuse your request?
Blind Squirrel: You can have me arrested and executed, but remember this- anyone having access to this place has a great deal of power. My power extends beyond these walls and when deemed necessary- beyond the jail cell or the grave. It would be advisable that the favor is given as a favor, not as a demand. You know me as a person of good will and strong actions. Do not make me make you regret going up against one of the 'good guys.'
Agency Leader 02: You threatening us?
Agency Leader 01: Enough... Fernando, the order will be given for the others to be forgiven and restrored of their civil rights. But as for you, no matter the scop of the mission, I do not want to ever see you here again under your own accord. You are only to enter this place when called upon. Do I make myself clear?
Fernando: I am just a man protecting his only daughter and the few friends that he has. Do I make myself clear?
Fernando slides over a cellphone to them.
Fernando: I believe there are a few phone calls to be made before I leave.
The cellphone is picked up, and a call made.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
This is just a heads up. I'm about 60% done with the edited version of GsB. Of course the story will never be complete until Bink is safe and back to living a normal life.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="RangerReady23"]
OOC: Not trying to be a killjoy or anything...really, I'm not. But technically, I was written out of character on the last page. The tone of voice that "Captain RR" took with the leader of the Rangers isn't one I'd use on a friend...especially Chip Maplewood. I respect him. Not a gripe, or a rant...just making a point.
[\quote]
Thanks for pointing this out. I will make the change in the edited version.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Jeanette is right. I allowed "Gunslinger Bink" to be turned into something that it was never meant to be. The point of the round robin was to reintroduce a conditioned assassin back into society. We now have five conditioned assassins to reintroduce back into society. I am taking back control of the story I started. We will take precautions and use standard procedures in keeping them safe but no successful attempts in kidnapping these girls will be allowed. Like I said, "Gunslinger Bink" was never meant to be that kind of story.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16841
I do have ideas to keep the story interesting like dealing with a now hacked-off U.N. Does a blown up 737BBJ ring a bell to anyone? Wink
If there is anyone who wishes to continue, we will get back to it after Christmas.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Consider the following:
Cyborg rules.
-As cyborgs, it is not possible to revert their cyberetic parts back into flesh and blood.
-Their human parts were disposed of when the cybernetic parts replaced them.
-In the case of the GsG Universe, the conditioning medication not only used to alter their mental and emotional responses, but it also allows them to run their cyborg implants without pain or suffering, as stated by Jose in Episode 11: Fabbre Alta. It was also shown in Manga Volume 4, that in a mission, Angelica ran out of the medication, and from pain and withdraw- she broke Priscilla's arm demanding for more. In short, she shut down herself until more medication could be brought to her and before she could cause more damage. In short, they can not live without the medication.
Round Robin Rules.
- If the majority declares the story line to be concluded, then thats the end of it. Even you stated that this was an excellent end to this story line, even though it was not as you planned.
Personal notes.
-I am not sure who is pulling on who's strings on your end, Arik, but Jeanette and I had a long talk. about GsB abd GsB II. Go root through the logs and see whats there.
-The future of GsB II (and as promised, other Round Robins) are in doubt due to their content. In fact- GsB II has been terminated by the powers that be. I'm not questioning their decisions on that, but I am of yours and several others.
-There seems to be a power struggles that seem to be emminating for certain individuals who want to be in control. It seems to me that things happen in the cafe when those individuals want to control and start taking actions to manipulate others to do their dirty deeds. Dont be manipulated, and dont think what you are doing is of your own actions and somebody 'suggested them to you'.
Well, you have fun with this.
And this too: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18785
- - - - -  
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Consider the following:
Cyborg rules.
-As cyborgs, it is not possible to revert their cyberetic parts back into flesh and blood.
-Their human parts were disposed of when the cybernetic parts replaced them.
[\quote]
I know that once a cyborg, always a cyborg but we can at least give them their lives back and allow them to live a normal life.
[quote="Fernando"]
-In the case of the GsG Universe, the conditioning medication not only used to alter their mental and emotional responses, but it also allows them to run their cyborg implants without pain or suffering, as stated by Jose in Episode 11: Fabbre Alta. It was also shown in Manga Volume 4, that in a mission, Angelica ran out of the medication, and from pain and withdraw- she broke Priscilla's arm demanding for more. In short, she shut down herself until more medication could be brought to her and before she could cause more damage. In short, they can not live without the medication.
[\quote]
Thanks for the information. Of course I already figured that a deal would have to be made with the U.N. to transfer the custody of the doctors to the IRAS for the sake of the girls.
[quote="Fernando"]
Round Robin Rules.
- If the majority declares the story line to be concluded, then thats the end of it. Even you stated that this was an excellent end to this story line, even though it was not as you planned.
[\quote]
I think there will be a few people who would want to continue now that the girls are no longer gunslingers. Even if I am the only one, I will do what I can.
[quote="Fernando"]
Personal notes.
-I am not sure who is pulling on who's strings on your end, Arik, but Jeanette and I had a long talk. about GsB abd GsB II. Go root through the logs and see whats there.
-The future of GsB II (and as promised, other Round Robins) are in doubt due to their content. In fact- GsB II has been terminated by the powers that be. I'm not questioning their decisions on that, but I am of yours and several others.
-There seems to be a power struggles that seem to be emminating for certain individuals who want to be in control. It seems to me that things happen in the cafe when those individuals want to control and start taking actions to manipulate others to do their dirty deeds. Dont be manipulated, and dont think what you are doing is of your own actions and somebody 'suggested them to you'.
[\quote]
Jeanette encouraged me to keep it going and was the one who reminded me why I started this in the first place.
-End Page 50

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #52 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:41pm

Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Just Sent a PM to Dr. Indy and see if we can creat another Board for PG 13-R Round Robian and Stories so they won't mess up the G-PG Gildelines so I Just want to Drown out the Agurments too in GSB Searies and I Can Creat Boards too
- - - - -  
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
I think there will be a few people who would want to continue now that the girls are no longer gunslingers. Even if I am the only one, I will do what I can.
[\quote]
I think a continuation along those lines would be nice. I may not post often until after New Year's Day, though.
[quote="Fernando"]
It seems to me that things happen in the cafe when those individuals want to control and start taking actions to manipulate others to do their dirty deeds. Dont be manipulated, and dont think what you are doing is of your own actions and somebody 'suggested them to you'.
[\quote]
I see no reason to assume that anyone is 'pulling Arik's strings', and I have trouble seeing restarting GsB from an earlier point as a dirty deed anyhow.
And it's good to see you back around and unbusy enough to post, Arik.
Merry Christmas to all!
Fernando
- - - - -  
Lets separate the two in their canon forms:
CDRR is about a set of rodents who go about solving mysery cases and uses recycled garbage tech to go about created rodent sized technology to best work for them. They encounter both human and animal contacts through out their adventures- all slowing rather low intelligence compared to them. This is a basic cartoon created for kids under the age of 10, done by Disney, which by all standards at this point have fallen; considering that Disney was one of the pioneers in cartoon special effect and story telling in the 1950s-1970s.
Gunslinger Girl is about the girls within a government agency who have been brought back from a fate worst than death with highly advanced cybernetic technology. Without this technology- they would be dead. With this technology, they are given a few years of life (ranging from 5 to 10 years). The Government Agency in turn has the girls work for them, each with an adult handler, creating a 'Fratello Team'. The Fratello teams go out to fight organized crime and terrorism, often-but not always- needing to eliminate their targets pernamently. In order to use the cybernetic implants, the girls need to be put on a condictioning medication, which at higher doses does effect their mental and emotional responses. Without this medication, the girls die a rather painful death. The implantsvaryfromgirlto girl, but are mostly carbon fiber frames and skeleton reinforment, artifical muscle and organ replacement, etc. This makes them super strong and bullet resistant (no bullet proof). There are many government agencies world wide who would want and would steal a Gunslinger girl to create other gunslinger girls of their own with. This a cartoon created at an animation studio in Japan for more mature audiences who can handle gore, violence and complex story lines. It is dubbed as "Anime", and this anime is based on the Gunslinger Girl Manga (Manga meaning Printed Magazine/comic book) by Yu Aida.
Putting them together:
CDRR is not capable to dealing with government agencies.
CDRR can not get the medication that the girls would need in order to live.
CDRR does not have the infrastructure to deal with the girl's needs.
In short- left to CDRR's care- the girls would die.
- That is, if left to the CDRR Canon as is.
- Adding those things that Fanfict writers have added to the CDRR universe, CDRR still does not have the means to properly care for the girls.
- Many writers in the fanfict universe resort too Deus Ex Machina story lines and solutions, and most would not sacrifice themselves to forfill a story line.
If you want more information to Gunslinger Girl, I put some detailed information and links on Hondo's server & Forum:
http://hondosackett.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1198432447/0#0
- - - - -  
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
[quote="Fernando"]
It seems to me that things happen in the cafe when those individuals want to control and start taking actions to manipulate others to do their dirty deeds. Dont be manipulated, and dont think what you are doing is of your own actions and somebody 'suggested them to you'.
[\quote]
I see no reason to assume that anyone is 'pulling Arik's strings', and I have trouble seeing restarting GsB from an earlier point as a dirty deed anyhow.
[\quote]
Fernando thinks Jeanette is manipulating the round robins and because of that he thinks she is manipulating me as well.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Lets separate the two in their canon forms:
CDRR is about a set of rodents who go about solving mysery cases and uses recycled garbage tech to go about created rodent sized technology to best work for them. They encounter both human and animal contacts through out their adventures- all slowing rather low intelligence compared to them. This is a basic cartoon created for kids under the age of 10, done by Disney, which by all standards at this point have fallen; considering that Disney was one of the pioneers in cartoon special effect and story telling in the 1950s-1970s.
Gunslinger Girl is about the girls within a government agency who have been brought back from a fate worst than death with highly advanced cybernetic technology. Without this technology- they would be dead. With this technology, they are given a few years of life (ranging from 5 to 10 years). The Government Agency in turn has the girls work for them, each with an adult handler, creating a 'Fratello Team'. The Fratello teams go out to fight organized crime and terrorism, often-but not always- needing to eliminate their targets pernamently. In order to use the cybernetic implants, the girls need to be put on a condictioning medication, which at higher doses does effect their mental and emotional responses. Without this medication, the girls die a rather painful death. The implantsvaryfromgirlto girl, but are mostly carbon fiber frames and skeleton reinforment, artifical muscle and organ replacement, etc. This makes them super strong and bullet resistant (no bullet proof). There are many government agencies world wide who would want and would steal a Gunslinger girl to create other gunslinger girls of their own with. This a cartoon created at an animation studio in Japan for more mature audiences who can handle gore, violence and complex story lines. It is dubbed as "Anime", and this anime is based on the Gunslinger Girl Manga (Manga meaning Printed Magazine/comic book) by Yu Aida.
[\quote]
First of all you know how the fan fictions work. The Rescue Rangers are more technologically advanced in the fan fictions that they were in the cartoon. In some of the stories intelligent animals are the same size as humans. Secondly, even though "Gunslinger Bink" has some violent parts, I tried to tone it down in my posts in comparison to Gunslinger Girl. Thirdly the part about other countries wanting to kidnap the girls was not even in Gunslinger Girl. You added that part yourself. The only threat these girls faced were the mafia and terrorists they were hunting down.
[quote="Fernando"]
Putting them together:
CDRR is not capable to dealing with government agencies.
[\quote]
If you are talking about governments who want to kidnap the girls, as I said that was never a problem in Gunslinger Girl. If you are talking about foreign policy, that is what the IRAS is for.
[quote="Fernando"]
CDRR can not get the medication that the girls would need in order to live.
CDRR does not have the infrastructure to deal with the girl's needs.
In short- left to CDRR's care- the girls would die.
[\quote]
We would have to have the U.N. release the doctors to the IRAS. There is no other option.
[quote="Fernando"]
- That is, if left to the CDRR Canon as is.
- Adding those things that Fanfict writers have added to the CDRR universe, CDRR still does not have the means to properly care for the girls.
[\quote]
If I am not mistaken, the Acorn Cafe is a pretty big place.
[quote="Fernando"]
- Many writers in the fanfict universe resort too Deus Ex Machina story lines and solutions, and most would not sacrifice themselves to forfill a story line.
[\quote]
Jeanette was willing to sacrifice her character Anne for Tammy.
CCC
- - - - -  
There is one other option to take care of the girl's medical needs, but I have not yet worked out how to get Nimnul to agree to take on the job...
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
There is one other option to take care of the girl's medical needs, but I have not yet worked out how to get Nimnul to agree to take on the job...
[\quote]
What does Professor Nimnul know about cybernetics?
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="CCC"]
[\quote]
[\quote]
Nada. Zilch. Nothing.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[\quote]
Nada. Zilch. Nothing.
[\quote]
That's what I figured.
CCC
- - - - -  
The guy who built the modemiser, the metamorphiser and the F.O.G.I.E ray? The fruitquake, the Gigantigo Gun and the flying carpets?
He's got at the very least some impressive manufacturing facilities. It may be necessary for him to work from pre-existing notes and I still wouldn't know how to ensure his trustworthiness, but I would imagine him to be more than capable of maintenance on cybernetic implants.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
The guy who built the modemiser, the metamorphiser and the F.O.G.I.E ray? The fruitquake, the Gigantigo Gun and the flying carpets?
[\quote]
Those are gadgets.
The girls' needs are medical.
There is a difference between the two.
[quote="CCC"]
He's got at the very least some impressive manufacturing facilities. It may be necessary for him to work from pre-existing notes and I still wouldn't know how to ensure his trustworthiness, but I would imagine him to be more than capable of maintenance on cybernetic implants.
[\quote]
Despite what he may have in terms equipment and knowledge, his actions say two things.
1- He's reckless; not caring about the long term ramifictions of exposure to his devices.
2- He only thinks of his self promotion. Being #1 in what ever list he thinks he is on.
Due to who knows what radiation exposure he has exposed himself (greatly) and to the CD/RR (to a lesser extent), this being some 30 years later into the future- who knows if he is on some hospital bed dying from some terminal cancer caused from his experiments from so long ago. And if it got him into that condition- imagine what condition the CD/RR team is in.
Cartoon or not, I like to keep it real to some extent.
My last point- we all know he's a bad guy. Handing him the girls would be like opening the hen house for the fox.
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Despite what he may have in terms equipment and knowledge, his actions say two things.
1- He's reckless; not caring about the long term ramifictions of exposure to his devices.
2- He only thinks of his self promotion. Being #1 in what ever list he thinks he is on.
My last point- we all know he's a bad guy. Handing him the girls would be like opening the hen house for the fox.
[\quote]
This is very true, and is the biggest problem with the suggestion. I have not yet found a convincingly thorough way around this difficulty.
As far as medical technology goes, though, it might be worth pointing out that he once created what appeared to be a direct brain interface for a guinea pig.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
This is very true, and is the biggest problem with the suggestion. I have not yet found a convincingly thorough way around this difficulty.
As far as medical technology goes, though, it might be worth pointing out that he once created what appeared to be a direct brain interface for a guinea pig.
[\quote]
I would have to find and review the episode in question. I distinctly remember that he may have stole the g'pig from a lab and added his modifications to the chip.
He does however, experiements too much in mind control devices-particularly frequencies and tones to hyponise cats and rodents to do his bidding. That does not require genuis to implement, just a lot of equipment to do it in the scale he does it in.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
[\quote]
Sorry, CCC, I just don't think that qualifies.
CCC
- - - - -  
"Does Pavlov Ring A Bell", Buzz's giant robot.
Anyhow, unless someone can suggest a way to obtain his aid without obtaining his treachery, the whole point is moot.
-End Page 51

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #53 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:42pm

Fernando
- - - - -  
Even if you get to Nimul to agree and cooperate on the care of the girls, where are they going to get their conditioning medication thatallows them to fuction with their cyborgnetic implants, which without they would die...? The Italian Government would rather have them die than give up the medication so that others can have them.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
We are going to have to get the doctors, not Professor whats his name. As far as the Italian government is concern, they are going to be in some hot water with the U.N. I think it would be in their best interest to start cooperating.
There is one other option which I prefer not to use unless what I planned is simply not plausible. If the Italian government wants to save face then the SWA would have to be exactly what they claim it to be, a home for critically injured children and that's it, nothing more. If the U.N. or who ever has to get in their business to make sure the Italian government is doing exactly what they say they are then so be it. These kids need to be kids. I don't want them going after jaywalkers, not to mention LSD pushers.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
We are going to have to get the doctors, not Professor whats his name. As far as the Italian government is concern, they are going to be in some hot water with the U.N. I think it would be in their best interest to start cooperating.
There is one other option which I prefer not to use unless what I planned is simply not plausible. If the Italian government wants to save face then the SWA would have to be exactly what they claim it to be, a home for critically injured children and that's it, nothing more. If the U.N. or who ever has to get in their business to make sure the Italian government is doing exactly what they say they are then so be it. These kids need to be kids. I don't want them going after jaywalkers, not to mention LSD pushers.
[\quote]
Problems:
-The UN has no teeth.
-They send the US to gather forces to do their dirty work for them (CIA, Special Forces, Military resources. International to be used for bigger issues...).
-The UN was already given that last report, and the plane-incdent considered as an act of terrorism and not state involved action.
-As far as the two story time lines are concerned, The US military has its own ulterior motives.
-This goes back to the Rangers to figure out.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
-The UN was already given that last report, and the plane-incdent considered as an act of terrorism and not state involved action.
[\quote]
No matter which option we go with, I already have that problem worked out. :twisted: Yup, the Italian government is going to be in some very hot water.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
No matter which option we go with, I already have that problem worked out. :twisted: Yup, the Italian government is going to be in some very hot water.
[\quote]
Considering that the US, France, Germany, Japan, Russia, etc., etc., etc. all have their own cyborg programs in place, it would be like going into a crowded room of smokers and try to enforce a No Smoking Ban, only to find the polic, elected officals and high members of society in that very room.
You cant go after just punish 1 of the group, you have to punish them all.
Sure, the ban can be enforced, and all those involved put into a lot of trouble, but at what cost? They will all go after the enforcer and make his life a living heck.
Well, good luck with that.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
As I said I already have that worked out. It's not just the fact that the Italian government is the one with their hands in the cookie jar right now but the U.N. is going to know that the report is false. Once they know the report is false, the U.N. is going to start asking questions about the 737.
If that is not enough of a motive to start cleaning house, I don't know what is.
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Problems:
-The UN has no teeth.
[\quote]
They have a few; one that can be effective against a democracy is "tell the voters what's going on". Also see below.
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
It can always be reopened if new evidence is found.
[quote="Fernando"]
Considering that the US, France, Germany, Japan, Russia, etc., etc., etc. all have their own cyborg programs in place, it would be like going into a crowded room of smokers and try to enforce a No Smoking Ban, only to find the polic, elected officals and high members of society in that very room.
Sure, the ban can be enforced, and all those involved put into a lot of trouble, but at what cost? They will all go after the enforcer and make his life a living heck.
[\quote]
Not necessarily. Have you ever noticed how people with a guilty conscience often scream the loudest for punishment for someone else? A good speaker could probably get all the other cyborg-using countries to react very vindictively to Italy, even if any suggestion to see if anyone else is using them is immediately vetoed as a 'waste of resources'. Besides, taking out Italy's cyborg program removes a competitor.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
[quote="Fernando"]
Problems:
-The UN has no teeth.
[\quote]
They have a few; one that can be effective against a democracy is "tell the voters what's going on". Also see below.
That has not worked in Slovania, Surbia and many former Soviet block countries.
Nor has it worked in the many nations of Africa, Arabia, or the island nations of the Asian Pacfiic.
[quote="CCC"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
[\quote]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
Not necessarily. Have you ever noticed how people with a guilty conscience often scream the loudest for punishment for someone else? A good speaker could probably get all the other cyborg-using countries to react very vindictively to Italy, even if any suggestion to see if anyone else is using them is immediately vetoed as a 'waste of resources'. Besides, taking out Italy's cyborg program removes a competitor.

The NATO Treaty and other treaties (Ie: EU) prevents other nations to gang up on one to 'remove the competition.' Worse case scenero- as done by Palestinein the 1970's- Walk out of the UN Conference and declare oneself a non-member. At this point, the UN can not take action, because the UN only police themselves. Stepping into a non-member's soil uninvited is a declaration of war to those who dare invade. Most UN members will not allow themselves to be in that situation, and will not partake in such activity.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
[\quote]
I'm already ahead of you CCC. If you read the story carefully, some already know that the report is false and your character is one of them or at least he should know by now.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
As I said I already have that worked out. It's not just the fact that the Italian government is the one with their hands in the cookie jar right now but the U.N. is going to know that the report is false. Once they know the report is false, the U.N. is going to start asking questions about the 737.
[\quote]
If that is not enough of a motive to start cleaning house, I don't know what is.
Rules of the exchange for a blackmail: never hand over the orginals.
Furthermore; the US Navy did the search/rescue/recovery of the 737, and concluded that it was a bomb that fell the plane. The Italian Government will verify that it is a terrorist bomb that took down this and other aircraft during this time, and the US Navy still has the Mustang P51 loaded with explosives. Implicating the Italian government will also implicate the US Navy and the Captains of the fleet (RangerReady23, Eddie, etc.). They will say that they were following orders from an agent of the agency. That would implicate the CIA, when the UN gets the tape of the conversation stating,"...you will not return alive." Implicating the CIA would implicate the USA... Its really getting ugly at this point.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Furthermore; the US Navy did the search/rescue/recovery of the 737, and concluded that it was a bomb that fell the plane. The Italian Government will verify that it is a terrorist bomb that took down this and other aircraft during this time, and the US Navy still has the Mustang P51 loaded with explosives. Implicating the Italian government will also implicate the US Navy and the Captains of the fleet (RangerReady23, Eddie, etc.). They will say that they were following orders from an agent of the agency. That would implicate the CIA, when the UN gets the tape of the conversation stating,"...you will not return alive." Implicating the CIA would implicate the USA... Its really getting ugly at this point.
[\quote]
All we are doing is rescuing five girls. Now if you know of a better way, I am all ears.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="CCC"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
[\quote]
I'm already ahead of you CCC. If you read the story carefully, some already know that the report is false and your character is one of them or at least he should know by now.
[\quote]
CCC does not have access to my resources, as proven when Donelly shut me and the fleet out of the internet and I was still able to get in on through a layer that he did not know about that actually exists in real life.
Unless there were changes to the story in GsB:Editted Edition, the only 3 people who knew were Hondo and Marco, and neither one left my side. The UN investigator is the only loose cannon here.
What little evidence that can be found in from the Mediterranean Sea (as shown in TWA Flight 800 and other crashesover the waters), the evidence will be inconclusive. If they do find any evideince, it gets connected to Annie and Franco since it was their bomb. Part of that evidence is that I died on that flight.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
All we are doing is rescuing five girls. Now if you know of a better way, I am all ears.
[\quote]
The current situation is only a 1/2 solution for GsB and the rescue of the girls.
GsB II and perhaps GsB III, IV, V... would have solved it and continued on with the story. But somebodies complained to the admins about GsB II and had it shut down.
Furthermore, GsB II will be deleted, and it will be the start of a whole slew of thread deletions which may include GsB and any other 'Out Of Content' story materials posted in the Story Board Forum.
Though I have copied GsB II and put it on Hondo's Cabin House Fourm, we will have to wait and see what happens after New Year's when all this is to be envoked.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
CCC does not have access to my resources, as proven when Donelly shut me and the fleet out of the internet and I was still able to get in on through a layer that he did not know about that actually exists in real life.
[\quote]
That is not how CCC knows.
[\quote]
[quote="Fernando"]
Unless there were changes to the story in GsB:Editted Edition, the only 3 people who knew were Hondo and Marco, and neither one left my side. The UN investigator is the only loose cannon here.
[\quote]
Are you sure you are not forgetting anybody? In this regard I did not add anything to the edited edition. I added a few lines to make the changes make sense but that is all.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
That is not how CCC knows.
[\quote]
You are referring to the montoring watch that CCC had me wear, I gave it to Hondo to wear. Everything recorded on it is though the perception of that watch on his body and not mine.
[\quote]
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
Are you sure you are not forgetting anybody? In this regard I did not add anything to the edited edition. I added a few lines to make the changes make sense but that is all.
If you are refering about Misao, then you have became Jeanette in using a Duex Ex Machina character to do thy bidding when she was not involved in the first place. Also remember- when her and I are in contact, her abilities are cancelled as are mine. She can not see me and the actions that I take because as a timetraveller, I am too random an element for her to get a fix on.
All the other characters were on the ship. The remains of the SWA in Jail with the UN Investigators.
[\quote]
Other than CCC (via the watch) and Misao, there is nobody else:
viewtopic.php?p=247899#p247899
-End Page 52

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #54 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:42pm

DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
If you are refering about Misao, then you have became Jeanette in using a Duex Ex Machina character to do thy bidding when she was not involved in the first place.
[\quote]
First of all she was involved. She was the one who got Jean to cooperate and Jeanette also used her as a nameless female mouse in another part of the story.
[quote="Fernando"]
She can not see me and the actions that I take because as a timetraveller, I am too random an element for her to get a fix on.
[\quote]
I'm glad that she can't. I don't want her to be able to track you. The fact that she can't track you provides a way out of a difficult problem.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
If you are refering about Misao, then you have became Jeanette in using a Duex Ex Machina character to do thy bidding when she was not involved in the first place.
[\quote]
First of all she was involved. She was the one who got Jean to cooperate and Jeanette also used her as a nameless female mouse in another part of the story.
[\quote]
The only nameless female used here was the one who ordered the bomb from Annie and Franco. That now implicates her in this conspiracy.
Even worse is that she knew that the rangers and I may have been on that plane, and therefore was the one who ordered that plane's destruction, which implicates her for murder against all of us. That creates a really ugly scene to deal with.
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
She can not see me and the actions that I take because as a timetraveller, I am too random an element for her to get a fix on.
[\quote]
I'm glad that she can't. I don't want her to be able to track you. The fact that she can't track you provides a way out of a difficult problem.
[\quote]
According to the story, I'm supposed to be dead. Along with my belongings found is an apparent laptop which fits "Rachel's" description. Everyone know that I am always near by Rachel, and if she was found in the wreckage, then my bones would be at the bottom of the sea somewhere. Misao not being able to track me, has to go with that evidence and believe me to be gone. As for recovering data from the hard drive- all will be found is one very messed up 40GB Conner Drive. Conner uses Glass Platters because they offer higher speeds and zero data errors and no data loss under normal use. But the platters shatter when the drives are dropped. It might as well be put on the end of a stick and be used as a baby rattle at this point.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
[\quote]
The only nameless female used here was the one who ordered the bomb from Annie and Franco. That now implicates her in this conspiracy.
[\quote]
Even worse is that she knew that the rangers and I may have been on that plane, and therefore was the one who ordered that plane's destruction, which implicates her for murder against all of us. That creates a really ugly scene to deal with.
[\quote]
This also implicates Annie and Franco.
This just gave me an idea.
See you on Hondo's Cabin, new home for GsB II.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Once all this, I don't know what you want to call it, slows down I will get to the contribution that will continue "Gunslinger Bink." It will answer a lot of questions but the next contribution will create new questions as well.
Fernando, I know you already know this but I will say it anyway. Once I continue "Gunslinger Bink" it will not be cannon with "Gunslinger Bink II."
CCC
- - - - -  
The monitoring watch monitored three things only - the wearer's pulse and location, and whether or not someone hit the 'help' button. Nothing else. It was intended to enable Fernando to call for help he needed, not to spy on him.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
The monitoring watch monitored three things only - the wearer's pulse and location, and whether or not someone hit the 'help' button. Nothing else. It was intended to enable Fernando to call for help he needed, not to spy on him.
[\quote]
Thank you.
Nice to know that I'm still loved here.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Jeanette Isabelle"]
Shortly before 8:00, the evening of the 737BBJ's flight to New York, in Anne and her partner Franco's apartment, the phone rings. Anne answers it. "Anne speaking."
The mouse on the other end is at the airport. "The prisoners are not on board."
"What?" Anne asked.
"The SWA is not on board. Only the U.N. investigators boarded the plane and it's getting into position for take off."
"How could our organization allow this to happen? Do we know where they are?"
"We don't have a man on them."
The following morning a TV news reporter is reporting on the midair explosion. "Crew is shifting through the wreckage in the Mediterranean. All personnel aboard the craft, U.N. investigators and an American CIA agent, are believed to have perished in the explosion. Preliminary findings suggest this is the work of the Republican Faction."
In their apartment Anne turns off the TV and lays down the remote. Franco stood by where Anne was seated. "Dude! This is so messed up."
The phone rings and "IRAS" shows up on the caller I.D. Anne answers it. "Hello, this is Anne."
"Agent Rossellini," says the male voice on the phone, "you and your partner are needed at the Malpensa International Airport to disable a bomb."
Anne wonders why she is called from Rome to disable a bomb in Milan. The IRAS has bomb exports much closer. She figured that this bomb is particularly difficult to disable and therefore didn't question it.
The voice on the phone continues, "This is one of your bombs."
Anne was puzzled. "It's one of our bombs?"
"Everything will be explained to you when you get here."
"Franco and I will be on the next flight out." Anne hangs up the phone.
"Did I hear right?" Franco asked. "All of our bombs are accounted for."
"You're right. Either way, we're still needed at the Malpensa International Airport."
Hours later at the Malpensa International Airport, Anne and Franco are greeted by an IRAS agent but the details of why they were called were not explained yet. They are brought to a hanger where the bomb is located. When Miss Rossellini saw a 737BBJ with the number NX3622 she looked like she just saw a ghost plane.
[\quote]
OOC: Let the round robin continue.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
A gentleman mouse in a suit approaches Anne and Franco. "Agent Rossellini, am I to understand you and your partner were involved in a plot to kill U.N. investigators?"
There was no point in trying to hide it. "Yes sir. The girls have been through enough already. I saw no point in dragging them through the mire any further. The U.N. investigators would simply be casualties of war."
"If the doctors were to be on board the plane that was to take off last night, the kids would be better off if you put a bullet through their heads. It would at least save them from a painful death. They will need constant medical care from now on or else they will die. Our doctors are simply not up on this cutting edge medical technology which as we see has some serious drawbacks."
"You have other plans." Anne commented almost with a question mark.
"As weak as the U.N. is, we do. Of course if the IRAS pushes too hard, something will break." The IRAS agent steps closer. "Fortunately for all of us the U.N. and the SWA don't know that the two of you were involved. Let's hope your R.F. contacts don't get caught." The IRAS agent steps back and points at the 737BBJ. "The two of you have a bomb that needs to be disarmed."
As Anne approached the 737BBJ, she wondered how the IRAS could have pulled this off. Her R.F. contact called from the airport last night. The U.N. investigators boarded the plane and took off. The midair explosion over the Mediterranean was all over the news and yet the plane is here in the hanger.
At the IRAS branch office in Italy, the recently installed NAVI servers, loaded with Protocol 7, were hard at work materializing the wreckage of a 737BBJ.
The IRAS engineer who helped to set everything up received a call on her cell phone. "Misao speaking."
"Misao," the IRAS agent began as he left the hanger, "the IRAS owes you and CCC a world of thanks."
"We are not out of this mess yet." Misao replied.
Even with Protocol 7 technology this was quite a feat. One mouse with her hand-held NAVI was not enough.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Problems:
1- The influence of the internet does not extend to the bottom of the sea.
Divers looking for wreckage will not find any.
2- Any protocol 7 wreckage found usually gets placed into an area hanger which is far away from any techincal influences... "A No Tech" or "Zero Tech" Zone, so when they start analyzing the parts of the wreckage, it is not altered by such ouside factors. In short, it will disappear in the hanger- creating more issues and questions.
3- Wreckage is still examined in analog. Since this has no digital influences- any object placed on an analog scanner will register as zero. Even if the handlers in physcal contact of the wreckage doing the scanning may think they are dealing with something tangiable and write their fooled observations accordingly- the analog records from the devices will be zero. When other agencies get their hands on this- more questions and inquiry will be asked. In short- taking a picture of DOS with a digital and a film camera- DOS will be on the Digital camera but not on the film camera. Those viewing the film picture who are fooled by protol 7 will see DOS in the picture but those who are not will not see DOS. A simple test will be to give the fooled subject the picture flipped over so that they wont see it and when they do flip it, its upside down. When the Picture becomes visiable- everyone will be upside down, but DOS will be rightside up for a moment- causing a paradox.
4- When it is realized that the US Navy is involved in the recovery operation, questions will be asked as to how/why they send empty containers when there should have been 737BBJ wreckage inside them. This will put trouble on the captains of the fleet: Eddie, RR, Linda H., others; and their crews.
5- When it is discovered that there is an outside influence up the US Navy, it will not be long when that influence is tobe discovered and slated for elimination. This will number of the days for DOS and P-7's version of CCC.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Problems:
1- The influence of the internet does not extend to the bottom of the sea.
Divers looking for wreckage will not find any.
2- Any protocol 7 wreckage found usually gets placed into an area hanger which is far away from any techincal influences... "A No Tech" or "Zero Tech" Zone, so when they start analyzing the parts of the wreckage, it is not altered by such ouside factors. In short, it will disappear in the hanger- creating more issues and questions.
3- Wreckage is still examined in analog. Since this has no digital influences- any object placed on an analog scanner will register as zero. Even if the handlers in physcal contact of the wreckage doing the scanning may think they are dealing with something tangiable and write their fooled observations accordingly- the analog records from the devices will be zero. When other agencies get their hands on this- more questions and inquiry will be asked. In short- taking a picture of DOS with a digital and a film camera- DOS will be on the Digital camera but not on the film camera. Those viewing the film picture who are fooled by protol 7 will see DOS in the picture but those who are not will not see DOS. A simple test will be to give the fooled subject the picture flipped over so that they wont see it and when they do flip it, its upside down. When the Picture becomes visiable- everyone will be upside down, but DOS will be rightside up for a moment- causing a paradox.
[\quote]
Not a problem. The charade was never intended to be kept up forever. The U.N. investigators, who are supposed to be dead, know they are alive. It won't be long before others know they are alive. The illusion needs to kept just long enough for the real problem to be resolved.
[quote="Fernando"]
4- When it is realized that the US Navy is involved in the recovery operation, questions will be asked as to how/why they send empty containers when there should have been 737BBJ wreckage inside them. This will put trouble on the captains of the fleet: Eddie, RR, Linda H., others; and their crews.
[\quote]
The U.S. Navy has no knowledge of what really happened. As far as they know, they are removing wreckage of a 737BBJ.
[quote="Fernando"]
5- When it is discovered that there is an outside influence up the US Navy, it will not be long when that influence is tobe discovered and slated for elimination.
[\quote]
Could you clarify that.
[quote="Fernando"]
This will number of the days for DOS and P-7's version of CCC.
[\quote]
Shut Protocol 7 down? Do we need to go over again how this works?
CCC
- - - - -  
(OOC: I fail to see why analogue devices should fail to measure Protocol 7. After all, a ruler or a tape measure is analog.)
"Wreckage piece number 193725 now has an estimated 0.002% chance of discovery. Deleting."
A small grain of dust vanished from the sea.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
Lets say Misao takes a picture of DOS sitting in a chair and gets the film developed. When Misao, or anyone else for that matter, see the photograph they will see DOS. Show the same photograph to Jessie, who is unable to perceive any Protocol 7 manifestation with any of her senses, and all she will see is a photograph of an empty chair.
Show the same photograph in space and anyone who sees it will also see an empty chair.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
(OOC: I fail to see why analogue devices should fail to measure Protocol 7. After all, a ruler or a tape measure is analog.)
OOC: Measurments are based by the observer.
If placing a Protocol 7 object next to a ruler, the observer will see a measurement.
but if it were a set of measuring calibers from an analog robotic measuring device, the calibers would measure and record nothing.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
[\quote]
The U.S. Navy has no knowledge of what really happened. As far as they know, they are removing wreckage of a 737BBJ.
[\quote]
[quote="Fernando"]
5- When it is discovered that there is an outside influence up the US Navy, it will not be long when that influence is tobe discovered and slated for elimination.
[\quote]
Could you clarify that.
[\quote]
[quote="Fernando"]
This will number of the days for DOS and P-7's version of CCC.
[\quote]
Shut Protocol 7 down? Do we need to go over again how this works?
[\quote]
The US Navy fleet involved in the recovery operation is dredging up seabed and water and filling them into recovery containers, that is to be shipped to a No-Tech High Security area for analysis. The US Navy fleet involved believed that they put in wreckage from the doomed flight. When openned, it will be discovered that the cases will be empty because of their location...
An investigation will begin as to what and why it happened. Video will show navy personelle going about the recovery mission, but carrying nothing. The personnel willbe questioned. Theories will be made as to what happened, and items pointed out as the possible cause. Protocol 7 will be one of those possibilities. Once it is concluded that is Protocol 7, either A-the Military will shut the internet, or B-An Anti_Protocol 7 Virus will be sent and all known instences of the program, and have it eradicated from the servers. Any unreachable machine will be tracked down and its storage facilities destroyed. Dont let the Military fool you, they did help design the internet.
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
Why are you undermining what Arik is trying to do. All he wanted was to get Henrietta (Bink) and hopefully her friends out of the mess they were in. Is restoring the lives to five children such an evil thing to do?

-End Page 53

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #55 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:42pm

Fernando
- - - - -  
I'm not undermining anything.
I'm pointing out the holes that are in the story as per what I know of such matters and the limits of laws of the amine universe at hand (CDRR, Gunslinger Girl, and Serial Lain).
Jeanette Isabelle
- - - - -  
There would not be any holes if the SWA were aboard the 737BBJ.
I once pulled a deus ex machina in "UQ and Tam's Excellent Adventure," which I later removed, to preserve something as insignificant as the laws of physics. Something way more precious than the laws of physics is at stake here. All Misao has to do is retrieve her hand-held NAVI, contact Lain Iwakura (the original Protocol 7 manifestation) and Bink will be safe with her mom and step dad in Italy. If you don't believe the created is more powerful than the creator, watch Serial Experiments Lain.
Please, don't put me in a position where I have to use a deus ex machina.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Jeanette, go ahead and have Misao call Lain. Everybody already knows you care more about the characters than the story. After you do that there is one more post I want to contribute before we stick a fork in it and call it done.
Fernando
- - - - -  
There would not be any holes if the SWA were aboard the 737BBJ.
I once pulled a deus ex machina in "UQ and Tam's Excellent Adventure," which I later removed, to preserve something as insignificant as the laws of physics. Something way more precious than the laws of physics is at stake here. All Misao has to do is retrieve her hand-held NAVI, contact Lain Iwakura (the original Protocol 7 manifestation) and Bink will be safe with her mom and step dad in Italy. If you don't believe the created is more powerful than the creator, watch Serial Experiments Lain.
Please, don't put me in a position where I have to use a deus ex machina.
[\quote]
You have pulled a Deus Ex machina many times, at least one per topic thread, but thats not why I'm here.
A creation is more powerful that its creator in the sole purpose in what the creation was created for. If such a creation goes beyond its intended purpose, and starts to go against the creator, then the creation is to be stopped and if neccessary- destroyed. Ever read Mary Shelly's 'Frantenstein'? I recommend it, personally.
Now this story, as many see it, ended at the point where the 737BBJ Blew up. There were a few loose strings, but much of those were dealt with in the follow up posts. Though Bink was reunited with her sister, they were not returned home for the stated reasons. Eventaully they would return home, but not until Tammy learns how to defend herself against those who would want Bink and Bink more in control of herself and her abilities. This would have happened in GsB II or GsB III. GsB II is slated for Deletion and its been moved over to Hondo's Forum where it continues. If you read it, you would see where it is going, and what it was intended to be- very interactive and more personal. It is where Tammy is going a lot of growing up where she is going to be Bink's handler and most importantly Bink's older sister and 'mother'.
If you two want to continue it, thats fine on you two. My interaction with the thread and as I see it, the story ended when I teleported off the Enterprize using the Time Machine Laptop. The story continues from my point of view in GsB II. But if you want Bink to live a life of a lie using protocol 7 versions of her killed-off parents, thats on you two. I think that would be a crime if you were to do that to Tammy and Bink. I did what I could here for the story. The invitation is still open, for at least you to read GsB II and see where it is going. And remember, Bink/Henrietta has some emotional issues needing to be addressed, and that is being touched upon now.
Writing for the sake of the chararcters is not a story. Writing characters and their interactions with one another is a story, even if characters have to die.
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote]
The US Navy fleet involved in the recovery operation is dredging up seabed and water and filling them into recovery containers, that is to be shipped to a No-Tech High Security area for analysis. The US Navy fleet involved believed that they put in wreckage from the doomed flight. When openned, it will be discovered that the cases will be empty because of their location...
[\quote]
Why, exactly, would the wreckage be sent to a no-tech security area? Why not to a high-tech security area, where they can do more complex and thorough analysis? (And anyhow, what is the maximum range for Protocol 7? It's certainly more than a metre or two)
[quote]
An investigation will begin as to what and why it happened. Video will show navy personelle going about the recovery mission, but carrying nothing. The personnel willbe questioned. Theories will be made as to what happened, and items pointed out as the possible cause.
[\quote]
Only if they take the wreckage into a techless area to start with, and I see no reason to do that unless they already know that Protocol 7 is in use.
[quote]
Protocol 7 will be one of those possibilities. Once it is concluded that is Protocol 7, either A-the Military will shut the internet, or B-An Anti_Protocol 7 Virus will be sent and all known instences of the program, and have it eradicated from the servers. Any unreachable machine will be tracked down and its storage facilities destroyed. Dont let the Military fool you, they did help design the internet.
[\quote]
If someone blows up a car, do the military destroy all cars in existance? So why should a blown up Protocol 7 plane make the military even want to destroy Protocol 7?
As to means; the Internet was designed by the military to survive (an atomic attack if necessary). It will not be simple to shut down.
And if they try to release an anti-Protocol 7 virus... well, the reason that the AI is so naive outside the internet is that it grew up inside the internet. A few minute's thought there will show that such a virus is going to run directly into what can be described as a learning, intelligent piece of antiviral software that quite probably knows more about software than any individual.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
[quote]
[\quote]
Why, exactly, would the wreckage be sent to a no-tech security area? Why not to a high-tech security area, where they can do more complex and thorough analysis? (And anyhow, what is the maximum range for Protocol 7? It's certainly more than a metre or two)
[\quote]
{This is where my hobby of studying plane crashes and their causes become useful...}
Such wreckage is taken to high security No-Tech zones as to not further contaminate what is found with radio or electromagnetic radiation. Certain devices on the plane are sensitive to radio & electromagnetic discharges, and as it is shown in the past, has caused a couple of accidents. No Tech Zones are used to further prevent this. The field generated by a protocol 7 item is more than enough to really contaminate the wreckage in question.

[quote="CCC"]
[quote]
An investigation will begin as to what and why it happened. Video will show navy personelle going about the recovery mission, but carrying nothing. The personnel willbe questioned. Theories will be made as to what happened, and items pointed out as the possible cause.
[\quote]
Only if they take the wreckage into a techless area to start with, and I see no reason to do that unless they already know that Protocol 7 is in use.
[\quote]
See above.

[quote="CCC"]
[quote]
Protocol 7 will be one of those possibilities. Once it is concluded that is Protocol 7, either A-the Military will shut the internet, or B-An Anti_Protocol 7 Virus will be sent and all known instences of the program, and have it eradicated from the servers. Any unreachable machine will be tracked down and its storage facilities destroyed. Dont let the Military fool you, they did help design the internet.
[\quote]
If someone blows up a car, do the military destroy all cars in existance? So why should a blown up Protocol 7 plane make the military even want to destroy Protocol 7?
As to means; the Internet was designed by the military to survive (an atomic attack if necessary). It will not be simple to shut down.
And if they try to release an anti-Protocol 7 virus... well, the reason that the AI is so naive outside the internet is that it grew up inside the internet. A few minute's thought there will show that such a virus is going to run directly into what can be described as a learning, intelligent piece of antiviral software that quite probably knows more about software than any individual.
[\quote]
The military takes care of its own. If the commanding brass finds out that there was an outside influence that has manipulated the activity of its actions, no matter how benevolent or peaceful, then it will find that influence as a threat to itself. As a threat, it has to be dealt with, contained and if need be- elminated.
Now, there are ways to deal and eliminate Protocol 7, and as such much of university studies are tied to military research. The military knows about Protocol 7 and until now has deemed it to be harmless. Now that it has influenced the militiary into a false action (recovery of a plane that does not exist), once they find out that it was a Protocol 7 manifestation, will go straight to the source and deal with it there. As in the past, any resistance to this will be met with deadly force. Protocol 7 can be reinstalled and restarted- its creator cant. This is not the military operates- you can ask anyone you know in the service about this and they will tell you the samething.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Fernando is right in that pulling off a fake mid air explosion was a bad idea. However that is not what's bugging me right now.
Fernando, if you have ever seen Serial Experiments Lain you would know that Lain Iwakura became more powerful than her creator Eiri Masami. Since Jeanette wrote that Misao worked under Eiri, would she then be Victor Frankenstein's lackey Igor? Jeanette also wrote that Misao was the only kid from the Kensington Experiment who was able to return to the real world. Because of what she learned from that experience, Misao has the potential to be as powerful as Lain. I have no idea why she isn't. Misao has already been labeled as a character who is too powerful. Jeanette might as well make it true. The reason why Lain has became so powerful is because she has ascended beyond the limits of the Internet and became a god-like character, no longer needing the Internet to exist. That was how she was able to hit the big rewind button and stopped two people from dying.
Fernando, I was the one who told Dr. Indy that "Gunslinger Bink II" got too violent. Does a person have to shoot someone to grow up? If that were true the population would be cut in half. When I started working on "Gunslinger Bink," I removed all the violence I could from Gunslinger Girl. When Henrietta went on that rampage, she killed five people. When Bink went on that same rampage she knocked one person out cold and killed the remaining four. I also removed the mess with Elsa which was probably the most violent part of Gunslinger Girl. There are other examples where I tried to remove all of the unnecessary violence that I could.
What is bugging me is it took two people, who were constantly bickering, that turned this story into the mess that it is.
Fernando, when Jeanette talked about pulling a deus ex machina, she wasn't talking about creating manifestations of Bink's parents. You would have to see Serial Experiments Lain to understand. Basically if Misao called Lain, she would be rewriting history and she would be doing so without a time travel laptop. I have a problem with that because if that happened, this is how the story would end:
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
At a national hospital in Italy, a gentleman mouse with dark hair wearing a white shirt and tie is sitting on a couch in a hallway with a window facing the outside behind him. His eyes are facing the floor.
Another gentleman mouse with blond hair dressed similarly approaches. "Brother. . . . You planning on visiting every hospital in Italy?"
"No, I'm not." The mouse sitting on the couch responds, "Why does it have to be children? These kids have been through enough already."
"It's the agency's call." The blond mouse answers, "The physical alterations, the the special forces training. . . . All the conditioning seems to take much better, the younger the subject."
A doctor leads the two mice to a room where a sedated, ten-year-old mouse with long red hair is seen, hooked up to machines in the adjoining room through a glass window. "This is the work of the Social Welfare Agency, isn't it?" The doctor asks, seemingly unaware of what the Social Welfare Agency really does.
"Yes." The blond mouse answered as he walked with the doctor while the mouse with the dark hair leaned against the wall by the door, seeming to be uncomfortable about being there.
"Our government's created quite an impressive organization. To see it actively aiding the seriously injured, I mean, I never thought they'd follow through." The doctor continues.
"Dr. Masi, we came because we have heard that your facility is housing a very seriously injured girl." The blond mouse says.
"Yes." Dr. Masi answers, "It was tragic. She's in desperate need of your help. Last week, her parents were killed. But the monsters kept her alive. Throughout the night, the poor girl was attacked. And all the while, her parents' bodies lay sprawled, lifeless, around her. She's confided in us thoughts of suicide."
Later, the redheaded mouse remains in bed but now in a simple room with no machines to monitor her vital signs. Her long red hair is now short. The mouse with the dark hair, and a lady chipmunk from section two, are in an adjoining room with a one way window between them and the redheaded mouse. The chipmunk is sitting at a computer, "Once Henrietta gets used to the facility, we'll move her in to room with Rico." The chipmunk turns to the window and sees that Henrietta is sitting up, "Henrietta is awake."
[\quote]
One of the problems with this is I don't think Lain would undo everything knowing that in the end, Henrietta would just end up taking Bink's place.
Jeanette, if you insist on bringing Lain into this, have her bring down the SWA the same way she brought down the Knights.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Fernando is right in that pulling off a fake mid air explosion was a bad idea. However that is not what's bugging me right now.
Fernando, if you have ever seen Serial Experiments Lain you would know that Lain Iwakura became more powerful than her creator Eiri Masami. Since Jeanette wrote that Misao worked under Eiri, would she then be Victor Frankenstein's lackey Igor? Jeanette also wrote that Misao was the only kid from the Kensington Experiment who was able to return to the real world. Because of what she learned from that experience, Misao has the potential to be as powerful as Lain. I have no idea why she isn't. Misao has already been labeled as a character who is too powerful. Jeanette might as well make it true. The reason why Lain has became so powerful is because she has ascended beyond the limits of the Internet and became a god-like character, no longer needing the Internet to exist. That was how she was able to hit the big rewind button and stopped two people from dying.
Fernando, I was the one who told Dr. Indy that "Gunslinger Bink II" got too violent. Does a person have to shoot someone to grow up? If that were true the population would be cut in half. When I started working on "Gunslinger Bink," I removed all the violence I could from Gunslinger Girl. When Henrietta went on that rampage, she killed five people. When Bink went on that same rampage she knocked one person out cold and killed the remaining four. I also removed the mess with Elsa which was probably the most violent part of Gunslinger Girl. There are other examples where I tried to remove all of the unnecessary violence that I could.
What is bugging me is it took two people, who were constantly bickering, that turned this story into the mess that it is.
Fernando, when Jeanette talked about pulling a deus ex machina, she wasn't talking about creating manifestations of Bink's parents. You would have to see Serial Experiments Lain to understand. Basically if Misao called Lain, she would be rewriting history and she would be doing so without a time travel laptop. I have a problem with that because if that happened, this is how the story would end:
[\quote]
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
One of the problems with this is I don't think Lain would undo everything knowing that in the end, Henrietta would just end up taking Bink's place.
Jeanette, if you insist on bringing Lain into this, have her bring down the SWA the same way she brought down the Knights.

I have no arguements with this...
I am, however, fed up with whats going on.
This story has went through several rough spots because we all had to accommodate 1 person here, the same who has to be accommodated in almost every round robin thread she has put herself in. But somehow, it managed to go to a completion that surprized everyone in that is solved the key componant: Joining Tammy and Bink together. Funny- even you agreed with it:
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
Note: You guys still have a huge clean up to do and go home to the cafe.
My job here is done.
      Tammy needs to be sent to the SWA with Bink.
      Admiral Donelly needs to be dealt with.
      The wreckage needs to be cleaned up and sorted through.
      Midnight to be picked up from where ever he is in.
      Rangers sent home.
      etc.
[\quote]
First of all, way to go Fernando! Seriously that was an impressive finish. I liked it so much I wanted that to be the ending of the story. However, it has been brought to my attention that there is some unfinished business which needs to be finished. Well, let me sort through all this so I can get an idea of where we are. By the way, the next time I get the brilliant idea to start another round robin, could someone please remind me of GsB. This was way more than what I thought it would be.
[\quote]
There were to be a few minor posts to do to clean it up, but that was it. I expected GsB II and any other GsB series to continue the story to some conclusion of the series.
The events in GsB II is for further character development of Bink and Tammy. Tammy can not go through living such a life where she and her partner Bink kills criminals for the government, and have only Bink do the killing. If you noticed in the GsG Series, Lauro never got his hands dirty in the missions that involved him and his cyborg Elsa- he had others pull the trigger for him and look where it took him and by whom.
But I wanted that Tammy to be able to do what has to be done in order to defend herself. I dont want her to outright dilerately take a life on her own free will or emotional outburst, but I do when she has no choice when in saving herself and perhaps others. There is difference. And I wanted Tammy to know that difference.
If you want to tie up loose end here, thats on you. I would suggest that you do read GsB II on Hondo's forum to see what happened; although I have to say that mixing Anime Genres at this point is just going to ruin it. DOS and CCC done their jobs well in this story. Jeanette did a good job too reguardless of the issues we have had in disagreement. All I care to see is this story to end:
-The Rangers and those involved get a presidential commendation and other awards.
-I'm dead as far as the public eye can see.
-The SWA will have their issues and battles with everyone in one form or another.
-Jeanette can run the ambulance corp at the cafe, and between the transformigerizer gun and her version of the Time Travelling Laptop, she can do as she wishes.
-And with the execption of Tammy and Bink being in Italy, everything is back to normal.
But as for shutting down GsB II, I already knew the details. This is not my forum, so I have no voice in the decisions made here. I can state my points, but thats it. At least I was given a chance to move it. But GsB II does not have no more violence than at least 1/3 the posts here, including GsB, X02, The Poke Series and everything else. As such everything will be reviewed and anything in content voilation will be deleted. Again, this is not in question in my mind. It is their forum. So what is done, is done. Que Sera, sera...
Do what you think takes to end this here, not drag it around like a legless dog on a leash named Cigarette.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Fernando, you know Jeanette and me more than anyone in this forum as as close as she and I are, we don't always agree. That said, it is in my opinion that Jeanette had a hand in messing up this story and it is also in my opinion that she was not the only one. When you wrote what I thought was an an ending to all this I was glad. Do you want to know why? It was because this entire mess was over. It was not the ending that I wanted but thank God it was over. Later Jeanette encouraged me to restart it so it would end the way I wanted it to end to begin with. Well, guess what, two of my friends started bickering with each other again. If Dr. Indy is going to delete this thread I would probably send him a thank you card.
You already know why I don't like GsB II so I won't get into that again. However there is something that I want to know, you said that GsB II is not any more violent than at least 1/3 of this story. What part of GsB do you consider that violent, what I wrote or some other part of the story? As I already said, I tried to take out as much of the violence as I possibly could.
Even though Gunslinger Girl is only a story, I started GsB because in a way I wanted to correct an injustice and in my opinion it only got worse. Not only is Henrietta still in the same mess but her sister got dragged into it as well.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
You already know why I don't like GsB II so I won't get into that again. However there is something that I want to know, you said that GsB II is not any more violent than at least 1/3 of this story. What part of GsB do you consider that violent, what I wrote or some other part of the story?
[\quote]
I think you misunderstood. GsB II is no violent than 1/3 of the round robin threads in this Story Board forum. Of those, include GsB and the others mentioned. It is as a whole and not selective parts.
If GsB II as a whole is to be deleted for a few violent posts, and not the individual posts themselves, then the other story threads have to undergoing the same ordeal: total deletion due to a few questionable posts.
This is all a moot point for me, has been for quite a while.
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
[quote="CCC"]
[\quote]
{This is where my hobby of studying plane crashes and their causes become useful...}
Such wreckage is taken to high security No-Tech zones as to not further contaminate what is found with radio or electromagnetic radiation. Certain devices on the plane are sensitive to radio & electromagnetic discharges, and as it is shown in the past, has caused a couple of accidents. No Tech Zones are used to further prevent this. The field generated by a protocol 7 item is more than enough to really contaminate the wreckage in question.
[\quote]
Ah, I see; that makes sense.
[quote="Fernando"]
[quote="CCC"]
[quote]
[\quote]
[\quote]
The military takes care of its own. If the commanding brass finds out that there was an outside influence that has manipulated the activity of its actions, no matter how benevolent or peaceful, then it will find that influence as a threat to itself. As a threat, it has to be dealt with, contained and if need be- elminated.
Now, there are ways to deal and eliminate Protocol 7, and as such much of university studies are tied to military research. The military knows about Protocol 7 and until now has deemed it to be harmless. Now that it has influenced the militiary into a false action (recovery of a plane that does not exist), once they find out that it was a Protocol 7 manifestation, will go straight to the source and deal with it there. As in the past, any resistance to this will be met with deadly force. Protocol 7 can be reinstalled and restarted- its creator cant. This is not the military operates- you can ask anyone you know in the service about this and they will tell you the samething.
[\quote]
It still seems like overkill to me; equivalent to shutting down the telephone network of a country because someone phoned in a (false) bomb threat. I have no idea where that would end up; possible endings include the destruction of the Internet, the death of the AI, the invention of a short-range Protocol 7 jammer, and the extinction of all life on Earth. (The last is not probable, but it is possible). Either way, it would be interesting to see where the situation ends up.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Once again this is my opinion. GsB II did not start off all that violent. It was not until you drove into the bad part of town that I had any problem with it. If only that part was removed then I would not have any problem with the story. However I can understand you wanting to move the story rather than changing it.
You said that GsB II is no more violent than X-02. The only part of X-02 that I think got real violent is the sword fight scene and perhaps the reason why I don't have a problem with that is because only the Japanese mafia got killed. If X-02 is targeted, then take out the sword fighting, problem solved.
Getting back to Protocol 7, I don't see how you can create a no tech zone. Protocol 7 uses the Schumann Resonance to tap into the central nervous system and the Schumann Resonance covers the entire earth. You could possibly create a local area Jammer to block the Schumann Resonance. It is because of the Schumann Resonance that I have a problem with using Protocol 7 in space. However I guess it is possible to create a Schumann Resonance field around a ship, that should take care of that problem. CCC, if you haven't seen Serial Experiments Lain already, I strongly suggest you watch it since you use Protocol 7 so much. Jeanette came up with a different theory as to how Protocol 7 works which to me makes more sense. Do you remember earlier when I talked about Protocol 7 matter and real matter? Jeanette's theory throws my theory out the window. She says everything created by Protocol 7 is an illusion and that there is no such thing as "Protocol 7 matter." Jeanette explains a lot in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17473&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=540#p258527
I'll give you another example. Suppose someone is stranded outside in extremely cold temperatures and they had the means to create a Protocol 7 manifestation of a camp fire. That person would end up dying of hypothermia even though that person "feels" warm.
After you watch Serial Experiments Lain you may even come up with another theory.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Once again this is my opinion. GsB II did not start off all that violent. It was not until you drove into the bad part of town that I had any problem with it. If only that part was removed then I would not have any problem with the story. However I can understand you wanting to move the story rather than changing it.
You said that GsB II is no more violent than X-02. The only part of X-02 that I think got real violent is the sword fight scene and perhaps the reason why I don't have a problem with that is because only the Japanese mafia got killed. If X-02 is targeted, then take out the sword fighting, problem solved.
[\quote]
Regardless of how you feel about, the administration is taking it a step further. It is not like the admins of this forum came to me and said, "Fernando- we're getting a lot of complaints and protests about such and such posts on GsB II. We would like you to change it to ease their minds." No, instead, I got, "Due the number of complaints being generated by the GsB II Story thread, we decided that it is to be deleted. We have reviewed it and have came up with that decision..."
My response to that was, "Lock the story thread and give me time to move it to another place." I also added, in agreeing with their decision, "If GsB II went under such a review and was deemed to be deleted, so should the entire Story Board Forum, because nearly one third of the stories there are as vicious or more than GsB II." They agreed but argued that it would be a daunting task. They made RR-23 a Story Board Mod (which I protested for different reasons) in order to fullfill this task.
I offered, and I have heard that others have offered as well, an idea of openning up a slightly more mature area where stories like GsB/GsB II can reside in peace and without interfereing with the rest of the forum. Since I run/manage other boards, I explained how it can be done. It was refused because this is a Rated G/PG site and not a PG-13 or R-17 site. This is not in dispute, this is their forum and I am just a lowly member in it; In fact, as explained, I agree with it.
So, for the 3rd time, this point to me is moot.
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Getting back to Protocol 7, I don't see how you can create a no tech zone. Protocol 7 uses the Schumann Resonance to tap into the central nervous system and the Schumann Resonance covers the entire earth. You could possibly create a local area Jammer to block the Schumann Resonance. It is because of the Schumann Resonance that I have a problem with using Protocol 7 in space. However I guess it is possible to create a Schumann Resonance field around a ship, that should take care of that problem. CCC, if you haven't seen Serial Experiments Lain already, I strongly suggest you watch it since you use Protocol 7 so much. Jeanette came up with a different theory as to how Protocol 7 works which to me makes more sense. Do you remember earlier when I talked about Protocol 7 matter and real matter? Jeanette's theory throws my theory out the window. She says everything created by Protocol 7 is an illusion and that there is no such thing as "Protocol 7 matter." Jeanette explains a lot in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17473&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=540#p258527
I'll give you another example. Suppose someone is stranded outside in extremely cold temperatures and they had the means to create a Protocol 7 manifestation of a camp fire. That person would end up dying of hypothermia even though that person "feels" warm.
After you watch Serial Experiments Lain you may even come up with another theory.
[\quote]
Reguardless of how it works, The military and various government agencies who are aware of it have created areas where Protocol 7 can not manifest. Also in various places around the planet, there are natural areas where Protocol 7 can not manifest. The Military also use these ares to their advantage. These are the same areas where compasses go awry, birds get lost, and certain devices do not work.
Most importantly, such feilds do not work well underwater, and at places wont work at all.
Nor will Protocol 7 work on/against somebody who is on a psychotrpoic medication or illegal drug or somebody had has been conditioned to them. It will not work on those who are marital arts and yoga experts and certain gifted people. LSD/Ergot, Thorzaine and several others fall into this category. Nitpicking details, Protocol 7 will not work on them, the cyborg girls, and technically on me though we have allowed it. The reason being that the nervous system can be controlled by them voluntarily (through training) or involuntarily (through a chemical).
Again, its all a moot point to me.
But as per discussion with Jeanette last night (010208) at the chatroom, I explained what has happened in the continuation of GsB II at its new location. If you two were to have went to it and read it, you two would have known various details of the plane in question and what happened to the UN Investgators, and what has happened to Tammy since. From that, this story can come to a peaceful resolution. It is not whether Tammy and Bink can ever return to the Cafe, one day they can and they will, but that day is not now. Perhaps it will happen at the end of GsB II or midway into GsB III. Characters and their connections to each other and the story are still being developed in GsB II, since I want it to be a bit more interactive and developmental in their growth. Tammy becoming an adult and Bink a teenager- that is going to take a lot to do. All I ask is that you read it, and if you want to join, you are welcomed too. But all I ask is in that is for everyone to remain focused on 'the mission' and not go out on mini-missions of their own. Clues and and tools will be provided. The rest is taking this story and eventually this series to some conclusion. Until we are going to have fun with it.
The major problem I see with you creating a 'Henrietta' to end GsB is that you and/or Jeanette killed off Jose. She can not be who and what she is without him.
Dr. Indy
- - - - -  
[quote]
Fernando said: I am, however, fed up with what's going on.
[\quote]
Well, that makes two of us.
This bickering doesn't belong on the Cafe--if you have problems, settle them in private or someplace else. This thread is locked as of now and will be deleted in exactly one week. Since Gunslinger Bink II has been moved to a new forum it will be deleted immediately.
The other round robins are still under evaluation, as it's taken time for us to get back together from the holidays. It's the place of the moderators, and nobody else, to decide what stays and what goes. All discussion on such matters should take place privately.
-End Page 54
Last Offical Post of GsB on the Cafe.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6