Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:36pm
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Gunslinger Bink (Read 91495 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Gunslinger Bink
Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:20pm

This is a transfered archive of GsB from the Acorn Cafe. Though the original still resides in the cafe, putting it together there seems best to keep the continuity together.

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: Gunslinger Bink
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:00pm

Gunslinger Bink
--------------------------------------------------
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
At a national hospital in Italy, a gentleman mouse with dark hair wearing a white shirt and tie is sitting on a couch in a hallway with a window facing the outside behind him. His eyes are facing the floor.
Another gentleman mouse with blond hair dressed similarly approaches. "Brother. . . . You planning on visiting every hospital in Italy?"
"No, I'm not." The mouse sitting on the couch responds, "Why does it have to be children? These kids have been through enough already."
"It's the agency's call." The blond mouse answers, "The physical alterations, the the special forces training. . . . All the conditioning seems to take much better, the younger the subject."
A doctor leads the two mice to a room where a sedated, ten-year-old squirrel with long blond hair is seen, hooked up to machines in the adjoining room through a glass window. "This is the work of the Social Welfare Agency, isn't it?" The doctor asks, seemingly unaware of what the Social Welfare Agency really does.
"Yes." The blond mouse answered as he walked with the doctor while the mouse with the dark hair leaned against the wall by the door, seeming to be uncomfortable about being there.
"Our government's created quite an impressive organization. To see it actively aiding the seriously injured, I mean, I never thought they'd follow through." The doctor continues.
"Dr. Masi, we came because we have heard that your facility is housing a very seriously injured girl." The blond mouse says.
"Yes." Dr. Masi answers, "It was tragic. She's in desperate need of your help. Last week, her parents were killed. But the monsters kept her alive. Throughout the night, the poor girl was attacked. And all the while, her parents' bodies lay sprawled, lifeless, around her. She's confided in us thoughts of suicide."
Later, the blond squirrel remains in bed but now in a simple room with no machines to monitor her vital signs. Her long blond hair is now short. The mouse with the dark hair, and a lady chipmunk from section two, are in an adjoining room with a one way window between them and the blond squirrel. The chipmunk is sitting at a computer, "Once Bink gets used to the facility, we'll move her in to room with Rico." The chipmunk turns to the window and sees that Bink is sitting up, "Bink's awake."
The mouse with the dark hair leaves the room to go to the adjoining room with Bink. "I see you're awake. You thirsty?"
"No thanks." Bink replies.
The mouse with the dark hair lays down a SIG P239 on the bed in front of Bink. "My name is Jose."
Later Bink is in the indoor practice range firing at a paper silhouette and reloading her weapon while wearing ear muffs as her handler Jose is sitting on the bench behind her wearing ear muffs as well.
That same day Bink is in her temporary room sitting at a table disassembling her weapon. She carefully lays all the parts on the table, looks at a diagram and begins to reassemble her weapon.
Early in the following morning Jose goes to Bink's temporary room, adjusts his tie and knocks on the door. There is no answer. He knocks again. There is still no answer. He knocks a third time but this time he opens the door. Bink is still in the shorts and top she wore yesterday disassembling her weapon again, this time her hands are black from the residue.
"You're up early." Jose says. He looks at Bink's hands and sees that her bed has not been slept in. "Did you get any sleep?" Jose asked as Bink is disassembling her weapon.
"No." Bink answers as she is disassembling her weapon.
"Why not?" Jose asked. Bink does not even look at him. She continues to disassemble her weapon.
"You told me to get proficient quickly, Jose." Bink still does not look at Jose. She continues to disassemble her weapon.
"Stop it." Jose demands. Bink lays down her partially disassembled weapon.
Later Bink is at an outdoor simulation. She goes in as video cameras watch her every move. In this maze she comes across a number of two-dimensional cutouts. Some of these cutouts are of people with weapons, some without and others have a weapon but are using a "human shield." As soon as Bink sees a cutout she quickly determines if it is friend or foe and only fires on the cutouts with a weapon, not hitting any of the by-standard cutouts. Where there is a cutout of a gunman with a "human shield," only the gunman is shot and the "shield" is not hit.
The J.A.M.
- - - - -  
Rather small gun, she would have Wink
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Up until now it's the standard special forces training. Nothing unusual... aside from her age.
CD
- - - - -  
That's unexpected. Bink as a child soldier in an obscure government project run covertly from a hospital, in Italy where she's completely displaced. Berlusconi up to his old tricks again?
Hondo I. Sackett    
- - - - -  
so can she make Hogan's Alley? She could learn to throw a screw driver. I have taught myself to throw a large straight blade with pretty deadly accuracy.(right through the heart @ 15 ft.) :twisted:
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Jose and Bink were walking between buildings using a covered walkway. As they did, they passed a young mouse with long dark hair in a wheel chair. The girl mouse looks straight ahead while Bink, after passing by her, slows down and looks back at the girl mouse in the wheel chair.
"Bink, let's go." Jose told her.
"Coming." Bink replies as she hurries to catch up with Jose.
In the dining hall, Bink has a cup of tea. She picks up the cup by the handle to take a drink, leaves the saucer on the table then returns the cup to the saucer making a slight rattle sound.
The next day Jose is standing at the front desk filling out paperwork as Bink stands a couple of yards back.
The lady chipmunk is standing next to Jose and says to him, "It's nothing. Just fill out the location and the reason for the trip." She leans forward in Jose's direction, "And, just sign here."
"OK" Jose responds.
Still at a couple of yards back, Bink frowns as the lady chipmunk gets close to Jose.
The blond haired mouse approaches the desk where Jose is filling the paper work. "A day pass?" he asked.
"Yeah." Jose answers.
"Where's your field trip headed?" The blond haired mouse continues.
"Oh, just around." Jose answered. He slides the paperwork to the man sitting at the other side of the desk, "Anything else?"
The man sitting on the other side of the desk reaches for the paperwork but the blond mouse grabs it first and looks at it, turns to Jose and says, "The pomodoro there is superb."
At an elegant restaurant Jose wipes his hands with a napkin as a waiter removes a finished plate and says to Bink, "Today you learn that not only must you study and train for work, but you also have to learn how to act properly in the outside world, to blend in."
A waitress sets a cup of tea in front of Bink as Bink responds to Jose, "Yes." The waitress walks off. With her spoon, Bink places a lump of sugar into her tea and stirs it.
Jose continues, "When you drink tea, hold the saucer close to the cup so it doesn't rattle."
"Yes." Bink responds and does as Jose instructed. With one hand holding the tea cup by its handle and the other holding up the saucer, Bink takes a drink. As she is taking a drink, the waiter on Jose's end of the table, continuing with his job, picks up the utensils by Jose's side. Bink sees the waiter picking up the knife which is in close proximity to Jose. She lets go of the cup and saucer, rushes to the other end of the table, grabs the wrist of the waiter with her right hand, grabs his arm just below the elbow and swings his right arm behind his back as she turns. The waiter lets go of the knife. She secures the waiter's arm behind his back with her right hand and grabs his right shoulder with her left-hand, forcing him down. As Bink secures the waiter's right arm behind his back with her right hand, she uses her left hand to grab the knife, turns the knife to where it is now facing down, raises her left arm to form a stabbing position.
"Bink!" Jose yells at her. "Let go of him and take your seat."
Bink lets go of the waiter and returns to her seat.
"Are you all right?" Jose asked the waiter as he helps him up to his feet. "I'm terribly sorry."
The waiter stands there blind sided as to what just happened. Jose takes out a 500-Euro bill, shows it to the waiter and places the 500 Euros in the waiter's shirt pocket. "I hope this helps"
The waiter is still blind sided, "Uh, thanks."
"Now, if you don't mind," Jose says to the waiter, "cancel the grappa and bring out desert."
"Yes sir. Yes Sir." The waiter answers as he steps back to the kitchen.
Jose returns to his seat.
"Did I do something wrong?" Bink asked.
"Let's just continue with our meal, shall we?" Jose answered.
"Okay."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
As time passed, Jose began to put more effort with Bink.
On the roof of the main building Jose is giving Bink some instruction, "Now pay attention. To do a job, any job, you have to learn many different things. Every successful job is just the completion of many smaller, simpler tasks. I'm going to start giving you some notes to study each day."
"Okay." Bink answers. From the roof top Bink aims a rifle with a rifle scope at a paper silhouette, gripping the barrel tight with her bracing hand.
Jose continues, "Make sure the muzzle doesn't stick out over the edge, stay down as low as you can, and if your rifle doesn't have a bipod, then you grip that barrel tight with your bracing hand. Anything closer than 600 meters, you aim for the head. Anything past 600, aim for the center of the body." Jose looks at Bink as she is studying that target. He then takes away the rifle from Bink by the barrel.
"What?" Bink asked.
Jose points up, "Take a look at the sky. See that little dot by that cloud? Can you tell me what that is?"
"No, sir. Sorry."
"How about a guess? Come on, anything will do." Jose removes the rifle scope from the rifle. "Who knows? Maybe it's a magic pixie."
"Is it an airplane?" Bink asked.
Jose puts down the rifle and uses the rifle scope to look at the sky. "That's a good answer. In wars past, plenty of people mistook that light for a plane." Jose lowers the rifle scope and looks at Bink. "But what if it were night right now? What would you think then?" Jose hands the rifle scope to Bink.
Bink looks at the dot with the rifle scope. "A star?"
"Close. It's the planet Venus, not far from Earth's orbit. Make sure you don't look directly at the sun with that thing." Jose then aims the rifle without the scope at the planet Venus. "Of course, we'd probably need something a bit more powerful if we are going to shoot a Venusian in the head."
Bink continues to look at the planet Venus through the rifle scope. "Jose? You know everything, don't you?"
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
Mind me if I start the American subplot?
Tammy woke up by a slight horizontal bump. She took a glance around and saw that she was still where she had spent the past days, hidden inside a large freight ship. Underneath her, countless brand-new Italian automobiles were on their way to American customers. She wondered how she had even been able to find any sleep on the journey due to the events of the most recent past. Especially the fate of her little sister had almost driven her crazy, but she had managed to keep most of her sanity and decide that the best she could do was to ask some old friends for help, even if they were living on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean in the same city in which she had grown up.
After some minutes, things got busy on the cargo deck. The huge steel structure which served as both a cargo door and a ramp was lowered, and the first gusts of polluted sea breeze entered the ship together with the first bit of natural sun light Tammy had seen in days. Men came, removed the brackets from the cars' wheels, and began to drive them out of the ship.
This was Tammy's chance. She scuttled along the ship's inner structures and leapt onto the soft textile roof of a convertible sports car which had just started up. The driver was obviously too busy getting the automobiles out of the ship to notice the slight dent in the roof right behind him, caused by the weight of a squirrel.
When the car drove down the ramp, Tammy had to hide her eyes behind one hand and peek through the gap between two of her fingers. The daylight almost blinded her, she wasn't used to it anymore. She waited until the car stopped, and the moment the driver got out, she jumped onto the car's hood, then onto the pavement between the parked cars, and ran until she had left the cars behind and felt safe and unnoticed by the workers. A squirrel in the middle of a sea port would certainly be something very unusual, and besides, she knew that spending her time at the sea port was dangerous for a rodent like her.
Hiding around the corner of a sea container, she looked around and saw something familiar, and that was the Manhattan skyline. Unfortunately, she saw the Westside, and Hudson River in front of it. When she began to realize her situation, the noise coming from her stomach interrupted her. 'Great,' she thought, 'how could I forget that the RoRo ships land in Jersey? And to make things worse, my appetite is back, it brought its ol' buddy hunger with it, and the next edible plants are miles away, not to mention Manhattan.'
She sat down and took a breath. 'C'mon, Tammy, you've made it this far, several thousand miles across the ocean with no-one to help you or at least give you food. Compared with that, getting something to eat and then crossing the river should be a breeze.' As she got up again, she felt how the lack of food had weakened her. "Tammy!" she yelled at herself. "Move! Now! Do it for Bink! Or shall her fate be sealed by her own sister starving in the middle of the Port of Jersey's concrete and steel desert?"
She took another deep breath, gathered the rest of her strength, started to run again, and finally jumped onto the rear bumper of a semi passing by.  
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Midnight Man"]
Mind me if I start the American subplot?
[\quote]
- - - - -
This is earlier than what I planned but what you wrote is great. Further more, what you wrote has more substance than what I was thinking of. By the time the Rangers get to Italy, more of the conditioning processes would have occurred. I will write the fourth part of the story when I get back from lunch.
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
Well, you don't have to continue this subplot if you can't yet. Take as much time as you need.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Midnight Man"]
Well, you don't have to continue this subplot if you can't yet. Take as much time as you need.
[\quote]
- - - - -  
If the American sub plot is drawn out long enough, the timing will work.
I will write more on the conditioning process after lunch today and tomorrow I will begin to write about her first "job."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Midnight Man"]
She took another deep breath, gathered the rest of her strength, started to run again, and finally jumped onto the rear bumper of a semi passing by.
[\quote]
On the rear bumper of the semi, Tammy chelled her pocket to feel certain she still has the copy of Bink's hospital records that she took from the national hospital in Italy. It shows that Bink was discharged to the Social Welfare Agency and it is Tammy's only tangible clue that there is something more than meets the eye.
The J.A.M
- - - - -  
The plot thickens!
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
An older gentleman chipmunk with a cane in his right hand is standing on a bridge looking out at the river bellow. The blond mouse walks past the chipmunk and he too stares down at the river below without glancing at the chipmunk. At least from a distance it appears as if two gentlemen just happen to be looking down at the water at the same time in close proximity. "Good to see you again Captain Raballo." The blond mouse says.
The chipmunk still looks down at the water below. "Jean, what could you possibly want with an old retiree like me?"
"Well, I recently got a new job." Jean answers, "And we're looking for good instructors."
"You know after you left the unit, I heard some interesting things. Can I assume you're involved with that shady organization?" Captain Raballo asked.
"It's a line of work that both of us are well suited for."
"You mean, revenge at all costs. Isn't that how it goes?" Captain Raballo continues.
"Wouldn't you like to return to the Military Police?" Jean asked. "After all, that job was your life. We could arrange for your reenlistment."
Captain Raballo looks behind him and sees Rico, a mouse Bink's age standing guard by a car.
In a hospital room, Captain Raballo and Jean are standing by a young squirrel with long dark hair. The young squirrel is in bed, unconscious, hooked up to machines. "So is she one of them?" Captain Raballo asks.
"Not yet." Jean answers, "That is up to you. Captain? Is she the one you'll choose?"
Captain Raballo looks through the girl's file which includes pictures from her previous life. In the three photographs in her file, the squirrel is wearing glasses with a book in her arms. "She wears glasses."
"That is not a problem. Eyesight is part of the correction procedures as well. When you make your final decision, we'll hand her over in tiptop combat form."
"You speak as if the agency can do anything."
"Yes." Jean answers, "If it means you will join our fight, then we can. So, will you choose her?"
"I guess she's as good as any." Captain Raballo answers.
Jean and Captain Raballo leave the hospital room and begins walking down the hall.
"Great. I think you have made the right choice. Now your first job as her handler is to give her a name."
"Wait," the captain asks, "do I have to give her a girl's name?"
"No, it doesn't need to be a girl's name. You're free to name her whatever you like."
"I suppose that would make the job more impersonal."
"Do whatever you need to feel comfortable."
The captain looks at the file which includes her full name from her previous life, Fleada Claes Johansson.
Outside at a firing range the squirrel with the long dark hair is firing at three cans situated on three posts but keeps missing them. On a table behind her is plenty of ammunition with which to practice with. She finally hits one of the cans.
Captain Raballo sighs. "It's about time you hit one." The Captain starts to leave. "Don't bother leaving this range until you can consistently hit that target from twenty meters. I'm heading back. Keep shooting, Claes."
The following rainy day, Captain Raballo is having lunch in the dining hall.
"Captain Raballo." Jean addresses him from across the table. Rico is having lunch, seated next to her handler.
"Yeah." Captain Raballo responds.
"I have yet to see Claes around the grounds today."
"Me neither." Captain Raballo answers, "Her gunplay needs work so I told her to keep practicing yesterday. I haven't seen her since."
"What do you mean?" Jean asked.
"I haven't seen her means I haven't seen her. She didn't even bother giving me a final report."
"I see. It takes time for our girls to grow accustomed to their new implants, some longer than others. Remember how long it took you to learn to walk again after your new leg. You have to be patient with them. Learning to move freely should come before firearms training. A musical instrument may help out. Or even writing in long hand may be effective."
Outside, under the cover of the covered walkway, Bink is practicing her violin lessons.
"I don't remember any of this being in my job description."
"Chell the shooting range. I bet you she is still there."
"What is she. . . ." Captain Raballo asked.
"Because you ordered her to be there."
In the pouring rain, Captain Raballo walks to the shooting range with his cane in his right hand and an umbrella in his left hand. As he approaches, he can hear shooting from the firing range.
Claes sees Captain Raballo coming and stops shooting.
"Hello Claes." The captain says to the soaking wet squirrel.
"Raballo. I'm sorry sir. I still can't hit the target every time."
"Idiot." He yells at her, "How can you expect to get better at anything when you are outside in the rain all night? Let's go." Captain Raballo turns to head back.
Claes follows him without the cover of the umbrella.
That night in his office, Captain Raballo is sitting at his desk going over Claes' file. In his office there are shelves full of books. "Okay, Claes." Raballo says to him self, "We gotta change up your training somehow."
There is a knock at the Captain's door. "Come in." Raballo responds.
"Raballo?" Claes answers. She is in her pajamas.
"What is it, Claes? Did you sneak out of your room?"
"Jean woke me up. He said I needed to come talk to you."
"He did? He didn't tell me. Well, have a seat." Raballo puts away the file that he was looking at.
Claes comes in and has a seat on his bead.
Captain Raballo gets up from his desk, goes to his coffee maker, pours coffee and some cream into a cup as Claes makes an observation. "You sure do have a lot."
"A lot of what?" The captain asked.
"Books." Claes answers. She notices that a lot of the books are shelved but there are still more in boxes laying beside the book shelves.
"Wait until the rest of my stuff arrives." Captain Raballo hands Claes a cup of coffee with cream. "You're looking at only half of my collection. Filling these book cases will be quite the chore."
"I'll help you fill them if you want." Claes offers.
"You should mind your own business." Captain Raballo pours himself a cup of coffee.
"Yes, sir."
"We may not look it on the outside, but people like us, in our profession, tend to read books all the time." Raballo sits down with his cup of coffee. "I've found that uneducated people make poor soldiers."
"What kind of books do you read?" Claes asks.
"Well, let's take a look. Right now I'm reading a book on how to grow vegetables. I believe it doesn't matter what subjects you read, it's the act of exercising your mind that counts. What kind of books do you read?"
"They gave me a few textbooks," Claes answered, "but I haven't opened them yet. I'll read everything I can get my hands on, if that is what it takes to make a good soldier."
"That's good. I'm suspending your firearms practice for a while. We are going out tomorrow morning."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
"It's not a holiday." Claes says to Captain Raballo as he is driving down a country road near a body of water. "You sure it's OK?"
"Yes." Captain Raballo answers. He pulls into a spot by the lake and gets out some fishing gear. "I consider this training as well. I put the bait on for you. Now just cast the line underhanded, like I showed you."
"All right." Claes replies, almost with the tone of a question. The squirrel casts the line as instructed. "So what do I do now?"
Raballo casts his line as well. "Now, you just sit and wait for the fish."
Some minutes have passed and Raballo asks, "Are you bored?"
"Huh?" Claes asks.
"I used to always get bored whenever I went fishing with my old man. At the time though, I didn't understand the joy of just sitting and watching the day pass you by."
"I'm not bored." Claes responds. "I'm actually enjoying this. You know this is so far different than anything else I've experienced so far. I think I like being a fisherman."
"Understand that I don't care about you. All you are to me is a job, nothing more." The captain said rather matter-of-factly. "The only thing I care about is returning to the Military Police." He gets a bite and pulls in his catch.
"Mind if I ask you about your leg?" Claes asked.
"A pistol accidentally discharged into my leg during my MP days. Three years at the agency and they'll get me back in. That was Jean's promise to me."
"If that's the case, you can count on me to act as your legs from now on, sir."
"Knock it off!" Captain Raballo replied sounding a bit annoyed. "Did you not hear what I just got finished saying?"
Claes gets a bite. "Look!" Captain Raballo continues, "You've got a bite! Pull it in!"
Claes pulls in her first catch.
Captain Raballo and Claes visited countless other lakes after that day: Lombardy, Veneto, and Piemonte, just to name a few. At the agency, they rarely ever talked. They got their work done and stayed true to their roles as teacher and student, but for some reason, they would always talk at the lake as if they were family.
-End Page 01

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:12pm

DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
In a graffiti-covered subway station, a subway pulls away. It is night in the city and Captain Raballo and Claes are at the top of the steps leading down to the subway station.
"All right. That was the last train for the night." Raballo says to his student. "Now, Claes. We're going to do a little on the job training this evening." Laughter can be heard coming from the subway station. Raballo continues, "So only take 'em out if it's in self-defense. If you can't handle these subway punks, then you can forget about the real thing. This should be a walk in the park for you, Claes."
"I'll do my best." The student replies.
Captain puts an ear phone in his ear as Claes walks down the steps. A minute later a shot is heard coming from the station. Captain Raballo tugs on the collar of his shirt to speak into a hidden mike. "Alfonso, Claes has made contact. Keep the police off our backs for a while."
"Roger that." Says the voice coming from his ear piece.
"Raballo." Claes says as she drags a thugs by the collar.
Captain Raballo speaks to his hidden mike again, "Alfonso. Bring the garbage truck around to our position."
"I'm sorry." Claes continues.
Captain Raballo looks at Claes, wondering what she is talking about. He then sees a knife stabbed into her abdomen. "You idiot." The captain chews out his student. "Knowing when to shoot your weapon is more important than shooting itself. Don't you understand? It's too late once you're within a knife's range. Next time don't hesitate to shoot."
Sinclair
- - - - -  
A survey was once made by NYPD. They found out that at a range of up to three meters, sometimes even up to five (correct me on this if I'm wrong) a man with a knife will always win with a policemen armed with a gun (unless it is aimed of course).
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
In an indoor firing range, Bink and Claes are practicing with their fire arms. Their handlers are watching from behind, sitting on a bench. Captain Raballo has his left arm resting on a table which is situated next to the bench, to Raballo's left side. All four are wearing protective ear muffs.
Captain Raballo sighs. "Jose, you need to teach your girl a little consistency."
"Easier said that done. So I should increase her conditioning?" Jose asked.
"No, Jose." Captain Raballo answers. "That's not what I meant."
Bink's P239 jams and Captain Raballo removes his protective ear muffs as he looks in the direction of the sound of a gun jamming. Bink looks at her gun to figure what happened. She then looks down the barrow.
Captain Raballo hurries over to Bink and grabs her wrist holding the gun, takes the gun and knocks her down using the same hand he is using to hold the gun. Bink's protective ear muffs fall off as she falls to floor against the wall. "You trying to kill yourself!" Raballo yells.
Jose removes his ear muffs as he goes over Raballo. Jose grabs Raballo's right shoulder with his left hand. "Raballo! Stop it!"
Raballo pulls away, slugs Jose with his cane and yells at him, "Shut up! What's she doing here if she can't even handle a gun correctly? Did you assume it wouldn't jam because it's a modern gun?" Raballo shoves the top part of his cane in Jose's face. "This blase attitude is only going to get someone killed!"
Bink sees what Captain Raballo is doing to her handler, gets up and grabs the bench Jose and Raballo were sitting on. Claes, seeing what Bink is doing and yells out, "Raballo! Behind you!" Bink, using her cybernetic implants, now has the heavy bench above her head and is in position to throw it. Raballo turns around to see what's happening. Claes stands between Bink and Raballo and aims her weapon at Bink. Raballo swings his cane at Claes' arm causing the automatic weapon to fire several shots at the ceiling rather than at Bink.
"Bink!" Jose yelled as he ran a few steps forward, "Stand down!" Bink throws the padded steel bench down to the ground, landing between her self and Jose.
Later Claes is in a hospital bed with a window between the room she is in and Captain Raballo. Raballo is looking through the window at his sedated student.
Jean approaches Raballo. "Captain, you're not at fault. It seems to me that Jose isn't fully devoted to her training. But the problem lies within the special forces training. I now see that the system could use some improvement."
"Do you feel it is necessary to recondition these girls?" Raballo asked.
"I have no doubt Jose will object to it, but both of these girls would benefit from more conditioning for safety purposes alone."
"But if you went through with that, you'd be decreasing their life span." Raballo pointed out.
"It may seem tragic to you, but it comes with the territory. Besides, this doesn't concern you anyway. Once the agency lays the ground work, you'll be back with the Military Police. In the meantime, take some R&R for your self while she's recovering."
Raballo just stands there, watching his sedated student.
Outside, Bink is sitting at the edge of a water well. Jose is standing there next to her. Captain Raballo approaches them. "Jose."
Bink immediately gets up. "I'm sorry for what happened, Raballo. It was all my fault."
Raballo continues to walk closer. "I just spoke with Jean. You're not going to allow her to be reconditioned again, are you?"
"Of course not." Jose answers, "I'm gonna fight it all the way."
"I see. I can't figure out a way to help them distinguish between friend or foe without redoing the conditioning process. Fighting violence with violence is all I know. It's what my entire career is based on." Raballo pauses. "'Good soldiers read books.' Huh, what a load." Another pause. "Don't tell Jean I was, uh . . . complaining like this, you know."
Later some men at the agency were playing cards. "What is with the MP Captain?" One guy asked.
"He doesn't know what to do with himself and his free time." The second guy answered.
"I think he might have reached his breaking point already." The third guy suggests.
"No Surprises there, considering the business we're in." The second guy says.
"No need to force him into continuing." The third one says.
Sometime later Claes is running outside into the parking lot and sees Raballo loading up his car. "Raballo!" Claes calls out and runs to the car.
"Hello, Claes. It's been a while. Did you chell out today?"
"I managed to get out of there a day early." Claes answered. "I've been looking everywhere for you. I heard a rumor that you're quitting the agency. Bink told me all about it when she came to visit me the other day."
"Oh, so you and Bink made up?" Raballo asked.
Claes wondered what Raballo meant by that, "What?"
"Nothing." Raballo answered. "Don't worry about me. I'm just going to relax here until you are officially released tomorrow. I may go fishing, or finish reading a book I started. I don't know. Oh, I almost forgot." Raballo removes something from his jacket pocket. "I have some things I wanted to give you. First, my room key." He hands Claes a small case with a key laying on top of it. "From now on, you can read my books whenever you want. There should be more that enough for you to enjoy." Claes opens the small case and looks inside. "Also, I wanted you to have your old glasses back."
"Why'd you keep these?" Claes asked.
"I've tried to turn into a one squirrel army, a killing machine, but lately, I've felt guilty as hell doing it. Always remember to think clearly before pulling the trigger. You mustn't use your killing abilities outside of work. I want you to be gentle Claes whenever you put those glasses on. Now don't think of this as an order. It's a heart to heart promise. Understand?"
"I do."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
At a newspaper office a man at a desk answers the phone. "Hello? Raberto Dandini." Pause. "Hey there. Good to hear from you." Pause. "Yes, we looked into your proposal." Pause. "Just me and the editor know about it." Pause. "Yeah, were game."
Standing by his car, near a lake, Raballo is on a cell phone. "I've been watching my back, and no one has followed me for the past four days. Now I expect absolute secrecy on your end."
"You sound paranoid." Raberto pauses. "No, don't even worry about that. It's all taken care of. So then, what's your big story?" Pause. "Uh, today? Like right now? Where do you want to meet?" Pause. "Okay. Got it."
Raballo hangs up his cell phone.
Sometime later Claes, now wearing her old glasses, is sitting at a small table staring out the window. Her room mate, a rabbit who is a few years older, approaches Claes. "Raballo sure is taking his time."
"Yeah." Claes responds.
The bedroom door opens without so much as a knock. The rabbit turns around to see who it is.
Jean is standing there with the door open. "Hi, Claes."
"Jean?" Claes responds.
Jean walks over to Claes and the rabbit. "Captain Raballo . . . is dead. He was in a hit-and-run accident two days ago outside of Rome. He died instantly."
Claes just froze.
"Jean!" the rabbit says, "You can't just come out and tell her like that!"
"You shut your mouth." Jean says to the rabbit.
"Claes! Say something!" The rabbit says. Claes remains motionless.
Two more people go into the room.
"Take her." Jean instructs the other two.
"Claes!" the rabbit cries out as she is being taken away. Claes does not respond.
In the chief's office, Claes is sitting in a wheel chair with no expression on her face.
"Unfortunately, this girl is no longer of use to us." Jean says to the chief.
"An established handler is always difficult to replace." The chief says.
Claes remains seated there, with a completely blank stare in her eyes.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
A survey was once made by NYPD. They found out that at a range of up to three meters, sometimes even up to five (correct me on this if I'm wrong) a man with a knife will always win with a policemen armed with a gun (unless it is aimed of course).
[\quote]
- - - - -  
That is very true.
Then you got oddballs like me where 8 - 10 meters is nothing when I have the knife and they have the gun- aimed or not. And I dont throw the blade; for that make it 25 meters.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
I throw straight blade screw drivers, but only good at 15 ft. now. I can throw knife by blade but I prefer to hang on to it.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Classic XMen #39; Dark Phoenix Saga: Wolverine Alone (Originally Xmen 123?), Page 4:
(After Wolverine kills or maims several soliders from the hell's Fire Club Inner Circle, gives this long speech to the lone solider who has a loaded weapon aimed at him)
[quote="Wolverine"]
Hey bub. I know what you're thinkin'.
"He's hurt and he's five meters away from me and I got a ful clip of ammo in my rifle. Question is: Can I kill Wolverine beforehe can reach me and cut me into shish-kebab with those freaky claws of his?"
Well bub,Wolverine is virtually indestructable.
Wolverine's claws are made of Adamantium, the strongest metal known- - capable of slicin' through Vanadium Steel like a hot knife through butter.
And five meters of floor ain't much distance at all- -for me.
Its your play, hero, I'm waiting.
[\quote]
*Solider drops his gun in fear*
[quote="Wolverine"]
Shoot, I was hopin' you'd go for it.
[/quote]
*Wolverine then pounces on the solider*
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
gotta love it! Cheesy
Annie Oakley
- - - - -  
What do you think about throwing machetties? :idea:
(hint) Throw it by the handle.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Cut to Alexander Armington II and Clarice-Armington House in Washington, DC while Alex II Was geting ready to go out with his love Clarice Armington for a Date untill a Knock on the door*
Clarice: I will get it love
Alex II: Ok love
*Then she open the door untill 4 CIA Agents came one that Alex II Knew was Agent Scott Danalins a Gray Mouse*
Agent Scott: Hello Clarice is your husben Alex II Here
Clarice; Yes Scott he is here why?
Agent Scott: He is need it something have came up
*Then Alex II came as he saw Agent Scott*
Alex II: Hello Agent Scott what I can do for you
Agent Scott: CIA just Report some Supisipion Activey going on, and We will tell you once we in the CIA Bulding
ALex II: Ok Scott I understand let me talk to my wife and get my Specal Guns for the mission *Then he turn to Clarice* :Love I have to go something came up
Clarice: I Know love you need it
Alex II: I allready call Razor II to come and watching you and our son and Daughter Michale and Sarah
Clarice; YEs and we will be ok with Razor II and I do Rember that Michale and Sarah allways called Razor II Uncale Razor II.
*Then Alex II Smiles as he kissing Clarice then heading to his Covert as he opening it taking out his Stunners puting them in his two Sutecase as he heading out with Agent Scott and Rest of the CIA agent as they get in there cars and head to the CIA Bulding in Langley, Virgina*
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Annie Oakley"]
What do you think about throwing machetties? :idea:
(hint) Throw it by the handle.
[\quote]
Grandpa used to do that. He also taught me how to hack open a coconut with one hand... it takes a very sharp blade.
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
[quote="Sinclair"]
[\quote]
 - - - - -
That is very true.
Then you got oddballs like me where 8 - 10 meters is nothing when I have the knife and they have the gun- aimed or not. And I dont throw the blade; for that make it 25 meters.
[\quote]
- - - - - Do that against a member of SWAT (or better, GSG9) with a bulletproof vest and an automatic assault rifle aimed straight at you, finger on the trigger.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
In the "war room" the chief is seating at the head of a long table. Behind him is a bulletin board with a map and a few other items pinned to it.
"Chief," the guy to the left of him says, "we strongly believe he has knowledge of the Republican Faction's weapons smuggling. I suggest, for safety, we might want to take down all of their safehouses."
"Fine." The chief answers. "I want the Hilshire-Triela fratello to cover the southern safe house."
Hilshire, who is sitting to the right of Jean, responds, "Sir, consider it taken care of."
"But the Jean-Rico team. . . ." The guy to the left of the chief continues, "They're going to need at least some kind of support, don't you think?"
The lady chipmunk, who is standing by the wall opposite of the chief says, "I'll take some section 2 members and we can cover the building's perimeter. But I'd want at least one additional fratello to help us secure the location."
"Can Jose handle this?" the chief asked.
"Uh Chief," Jean responds, who is sitting between the chief and Hilshire, "in my opinion, they're not ready for group operations."
"Jean, let it go." The guy sitting opposite of him responds.
"Well I think they are." The chief decides, "I'm adding Jose and Bink to the Jean-Rico team. You got that Jean?"
"Sir." Jean replies.
Jose is speaking to Bink, "We got a message from the Hilshire-Triela team. Looks like we are the ones favored to win today. Just get a positive ID on the target first. And listen, if he's not with them, I want you to let them go. Don't do anything."
Jose and Bink enter an apartment building. From across the street Rico has her Dragunov Sniper Rifle aimed at a window with its blinds closed. Jean, Rico's handler, is wearing a two-way headset. He is watching from his binoculars. Between the apartment building and the building where Jean and Rico are stationed, road construction work is being done. "Ferro," Jean says to the lady chipmunk, "is the entrance clear?"
Ferro is sitting in the passenger front seat of a van marked as a delivery van. A rat with blond hair is sitting in the driver's seat. "Alfonso and I have covered the front." Ferro says through her two-way headset. "Amedeo and Giorgio have the back. The only other way for this mark to get out is through the window you're staring at."
"Wait for my orders." Jean says.
"Affirmative." Ferro confirms.
Jean then says to his charge, "Rico, focus on any shadows you see behind the blinds."
"Yes sir."
Jose is in a suit and tie, Bink is in a grey skirt with a matching grey jacket and carrying a violin case. As they are climbing the stairs, Jean says to Bink, "Don't make a move until I've determined that the mark is inside."
"Yes, Jose." Bink answers.
"If I don't ID this guy, we walk out of here, quietly."
"Okay."
In the apartment, a grey mouse wearing glasses is in a chair with his back to the window. The blinds are closed. He hangs up his cell phone and speaks to the five men he is with. A white mouse is sitting to the right of him. The other four are standing up. A mouse standing to the left of the grey mouse is holding an automatic rifle. "The southern hideout's been attacked. It would seem that someone's come looking for him, gentlemice."
"Then that means that they might. . . ." Says the white mouse.
"They might end up here." The grey mouse continues. "If I understand it correctly, they were attacked by a young girl."
"A girl?" Asks the mouse with the automatic rifle.
"Yeah." The grey mouse confirms. "I know. It sounds crazy, but recently I've been hearing rumors of a secret agency that's been training little girls as assassins."
There is a ring at the door. The guy standing the closest to the door grabs his gun before seeing whom it is.
Another mouse who was already standing up grabs his automatic rifle and says to the mouse who is chelling through the peep hole, "Who is it, Louie?"
"You won't believe this," Louie says, "but it's a mouse in a suit and a. . . ."
"A what?" The second rifleman asked.
"Uh. . . . It's a. . . . A little girl."
Several of the guys chuckled.
"Don't open it." The grey mouse says to Louie as he is picking up his automatic off the coffee table in front of him.
Louie holsters his weapon and says to the grey mouse, "I'll get them outta your hair."
The grey mouse stands up, still holding onto his automatic, "Louie! I said don't!"
Louie opens the door slightly, leaving the chain on the door.
Through the barely opened door, Jose greets Louie. "Good morning, sir. I apologize for intruding like this. Do you have a minute?"
"No. What do you want?" Louie asked.
"Just a few moments of your time." Jose answered. "I am a reporter from Libero Italia."
"What is it you're reporting?" Louie asked.
Jose steps closer. "I heard that Mr. Scallo of the Costelo Company was here. And, I would love to get an exclusive."
Louie looks back at the grey mouse. By this time everyone is standing up. The grey mouse waves to Louie to get rid of the reporter.
Louie turns back to Jose. "Yeah well, there ain't nobody here by that name. So good luck finding your interview."
Louie then starts to close the door and Jose sticks his foot in the door way. "Wait, I'm positive that he's in this building."
Louie is now annoyed with Jose. He undoes the chain to step out into the hall. "Yeah? And I just told you that you got the wrong room, chief." Louie closes the door behind him. The grey mouse sits back down as Louie deals with the "reporter" out in the hallway.
In the hall, Louie grabs Jose by the tie and slams him up against the wall. "You hard of hearing?" Louie asks.
"No." Jose answers.
"Then maybe it's a learning disorder." Louie continues. "Your guy ain't here!"
"Sorry, I. . . ." Jose continues as Bink turns to look in Jose's direction.
"Now, get lost before I pop your eyes out and make your little girl watch!"
Bink runs up to Louie and smacks him in the head with her violin case. Louie gets hit hard enough to where he spins around. Louie is knocked unconscious and will remain so for a while but is still breathing. As Louie hits the ground, the latches on Bink's violin case come open.
"Louie, what's going on?" says a voice from the room as Bink grabs her FN P90 from the violin case as the case is still in mid air.
The second rifleman opens the door. Bink fires five shots at him. Two of the shots missed. The guy falls to the ground. The first rifleman shoots at the Bink, hitting the wall. Bink fires back at him. Another gunman comes from around the corner and starts firing. Bink kneels to the ground as she continues to fire. The first rifleman is hit and falls against the window, tearing the blinds in the process. The other gunman who came from around corner retreats back. The grey mouse and the white mouse are now behind an overturned table, behind where the white mouse was originally sitting, out of Bink's sight. Bink gets up from her kneeling position and fires a few more shots before she goes in. She chells around the corner. At the corner's edge there is a cabinet. She proceeds. A gunman hiding behind the other end of the cabinet tips the cabinet over, trying to crush Bink in the process. Bink braces the falling cabinet with her left arm. The gunman raises his gun at Bink. She fires. The grey mouse and the white mouse are the only two left, they are still hiding behind an overturned table. The grey mouse says to the white mouse, "Hey! Throw your grenade!"
From across the street Jean watches with his binoculars through the now torn blinds. He says to Rico, "Take him." The grey mouse is now the only one left. He looks in the direction of the window and Rico fires her second shot.
With the shooting now over, Jose walks into the room as he adjusts his tie. Bink is holding her P90 up against her chest in a diagonal position facing up. Her right arm is holding the bottom part of her P90 while her left arm braces it. She is looking in the direction of the overtured table.
"Now you've done it." Jose says to Bink from behind. Bink turns around.
Jose sticks the ear piece in his ear. "Ferro. The mission has failed. I repeat, mission has failed."
"Roger. We're on our way." Says the female voice over the two-way radio.
"Yeah." Jose confirms.
Jose looks around. "Bink, why did you lose control?"
"Uh. . . ."
"This isn't like you." Jose continues. "I've never seen you lose it like that." Jose approaches Bink. "Your arm's been hit. Are you okay?"
"Yes."
Ferro comes in. "Jose, we're here." Alfonso is in the hall, standing by the door.
"Ferro. The witness isn't here. Judging by their reaction, I'd say he's hiding in the building somewhere."
"I'll put people on it." Ferro turns to the door. "Alfonso, Amadeo, start at the rooftop and work your way down." She heads to the hall. "Giorgio, watch from the perimeter." She walks down the hall.
Tears in Bink's eyes start to well. Jose removes his suit jacket and puts it around Bink. "Let's go home." He says.
On the rooftop an air vent is removed. Four armed section 2 members surround the open vent. A guy hiding behind the air vent raises his arms. "Please, don't shoot. I surrender!"
Jose escorts Bink to the van marked as a delivery van. Bink still has Jose's suit jacket around her shoulders. Bink steps in through the sliding door, and sits behind Alfonso who is in the driver's seat. Jose sits next to Bink. "Let's go." Jose says to Alfonso.
"Right." Alfonso answers. He starts the van, puts it in gear and drives off.
Bink removes the suit jacket Jose put over her shoulders, revealing a makeshift bandage on her arm. "Jose." She says.
Jose, who was looking forward, now turns to Bink. "Is your arm hurting?"
Bink does not answer his question. She clinches tight on Jose's jacket which she is holding. "I only. . . . I just wanted to help you, Jose." Tears begin forming in her eyes again.
"We'll have a doctor take a look at that arm as soon as we get back."
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Midnight Man"]
[quote="Fernando"]
[quote="Sinclair"]
[\quote]
 - - - - -
 That is very true.<br >Then you got oddballs like me where 8 - 10 meters is nothing when I have the knife and they have the gun- aimed or not. And I dont throw the blade; for that make it 25 meters.
[\quote]
 - - - - -
Do that against a member of SWAT (or better, GSG9) with a bulletproof vest and an automatic assault rifle aimed straight at you, finger on the trigger.
[\quote]
- - - - - -
They might win, Midnight. But least I'll take 1 with me.
Sad thing is, most bulletproof vests are not knife proof.
Even with steel plating added, there still exposed area that can be taken advantaged of by a blade.
Given the oppertunity, I know when to fight and when to give up or walk away. I would walk away from that one, I'll admit. 10-20 years ago though, that would be another story.
Annie Oakley
- - - - -  
Since I am a CJ student do you thing Gadge could make me a bullet AND knife proof vest? Smiley
-End Page 02

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:13pm

Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Annie Oakley"]
Since I am a CJ student do you thing Gadge could make me a bullet AND knife proof vest? Smiley
[\quote]
- - - - -  
a simple chain and/or plate mail will stop a knife, but bullets hitting a rodent, no matter the protection will kill that rodent even if it does not pierce the protection.
Getting hit by a bullet is like being poked hard by a finger, immediately followed by being hit with a sledge hammer.
It is that second force that will kill the rodent.
So, no bullet proof vest made will save a rodent.
It is the same reason why there are no bullet proof hats. That much force being hit on the head, will knock a person out, cause brain damage and even death.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: I have removed the phrase "brain washing" and replaced it with different wording or phrasing to reflect the change in direction of the story. I am putting more emphasis on the special forces training.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
The van marked as a delivery van pulls into the Social Welfare Agency compound in front of the medical facility which is not to be confused with the national hospital where Bink was first brought to. Jose and Bink enter the building through the automatic, sliding glass doors. Bink is prepped for the operation where a doctor working for the agency repairs Bink's arm.
Jose watches through the glass separating the operating room and the adjoining room. He talks to the surgeon through the intercom during the operation. "How's she coming along? Do you think you'll be able to fix her, doctor?"
"The damage was minimal." The doctor answers. "The bullet shaved off some skin and artificial muscle tissue. We won't need to replace the arm."
"That's good to hear."
"Don't misunderstand." The doctor continues. "She'll need surgery every time she sustains injuries. The conditioning process takes a huge toll on their bodies. If she continues to suffer damage, she, or any other units for that matter, could grow dependant on the reconstruction process or suffer from severe memory dysfunction."
"So, you're saying. . . ."
"Any of our implants can be replaced with little effort. They're designed that way. But their impact on the brain and other living tissue is substantial. What happened out there today, anyway? People are saying that she lost it, ignored her orders and spun out of control."
"I don't know." Jose answered. "She claims she killed those people to protect me."
"That's a little disturbing. Sounds like a lost cause if you ask me."
In the chief's office, Jean is addressing Jose. "Jose. You need to increase her level of conditioning. You've got to put a bigger collar on your hunting dog."
"I think you're wrong about that." Jose answers, "Too much conditioning will . . . will shorten her life span."
"Then we just prep a new patient once she's used up. You're too emotionally attached to a tool of the trade."
"Jean, enough." The Chief says. "She may have a few issues, but she's an excellent assassin. It would be wasteful to dispose of Bink. Anyway, we got what we came for, and we lost none of our own. You need to learn to take a broader perspective of things."
"Sir." Jean answers and walks out of the office.
With just the chief and Jose alone in the office, the chief addresses Jose. "Jose, as you know, each handler is responsible for the actions of his own girl in field. Now, if you think Bink can work with little conditioning, then I'd like for you to give it a shot. However, further mistakes are inexcusable. Please make certain this is a lesson she understands."
"Yes, sir."
Jose leaves the office and walks down the hall. The final words of the chief ring clear in his mind:
Jose, I know you're fond of this girl. You think she's special somehow. So don't you think you should increase her level of conditioning? I mean, treating a cyborg assassin like a normal little girl? Come on, that doesn't seem natural.
"Bink stayed as quiet as she could when I first brought her to the agency." Jose Recalled. "Not that I can blame her. Watching her parents get killed, how do you get over something like that? How could she wrap her head around the fact that she, out of everybody, she survived?" Jose thinks back to when he first set eyes on Bink through the glass that separated him from Bink. Bink still had her long hair and was sitting in a wheel chair. "When I first set eyes on her at the National Hospital, her mind and her body were ragged and worn-through. I chose Bink as my partner. Was it because I wanted to do something nice? Or did I choose her out of pity? Whatever it was, I knew I wanted to help her."
After the surgery, Bink wakes up. Her right shoulder and upper for arm are bandaged up. A part of her right hand is bandaged as well. There are tears coming from her eyes.
"Are we awake?" The doctor asks.
Bink set up.
"No baths." The doctor instructs. "No baths until that skin on your arm takes hold." The doctor pauses. "What's the matter? You have a bad dream?"
"I don't think I know." Bink cries. "The tears just started pouring out of nowhere."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
In the late afternoon, Bink is walking along the covered walkway as she is carrying a bag with some blood stained clothes. The girl rabbit runs up to her. "Bink! Rico just told me! You flipped your lid out there today."
"I couldn't control it. I just snapped. Triela, I don't know what to do."
Triela, the girl rabbit, puts her right hand on Bink's right shoulder. "Don't seat it. Hey, I know! We can have a drink in our room."
"A drink?" Bink asks.
"Yeah. Claes has the best tea, and I swear she puts magic in her cakes."
In Claes and Triela's room, Bink and Triela are sitting at a table with a tea set laid out while Claes is reading a book from her top bunk. "You just want to make him proud of you. That's all."
"Yeah, I guess so." Bink considers what Triela said.
"But Triela," Claes says from her bunk with her nose in a book, "isn't that the only thing any of us can do? We all seek approval. And if I were him, that kind of devotion would make me feel uncomfortable."
With her bandaged right hand, Bink picks up the tea cup by the handle as her left hand holds the saucer close to the cup.
Later, in the early evening, Bink returns to her room. She goes to the table, sits in the chair beside it and removes the bloodstained shirt from the bag. There is a knock on Bink's door.
"Bink, are you in there?" Jose asks from behind the closed door.
"Yes." Bink answers as she puts the stained shirt back in the bag. "Come in, please." Bink stands up.
Jose comes in, carries a package in and closes the door behind him. "So, how's that arm of yours doing?"
"Fine." Bink answers. "It still feels kind of heavy, and I'm not use to it, but it's going to work."
"I'd like you to join me on the roof of the main building."
"Okay, I will."
Jose hands Bink the package. "It's cold out so put this on."
As Jose leaves, Bink asks, "Um, are you sure that I'm allowed to accept this?"
Jose does not answer the question. He simply says, "I'll be waiting for you on the roof." He closes the door.
Bink sets the package down, removes the top of the box and pulls out a stylish red coat.
Bink is dressed for the cold, night air. She has her new red coat buttoned up. She walks up the stairs to the roof. At the top landing, Bink opens the door to the roof. She looks up and is greeted with millions of bright stars on a clear night. She looks across the roof and sees Jose waiting for her. He is standing next to a telescope. "Glad you could make it. Come chell this out."
Bink walks over to Jose. "What's that?" She asked, "A telescope?"
"Isn't she beautiful? I wanted to be able to show you the stars, and not through a rifle scope."
"This is. . . . This is the first time I've seen the stars. What made you decide to do this?" Bink asked.
"I haven't seen a better night for stargazing in a very long time. And, it's your reward for all your hard work today."
"You're not angry? About today?" Bink asked.
"Do you want me to be? Take a look. Orion's bright tonight. In Greek mythology, Orion was mistakenly killed by his love, the goddess Artemis."
Bink looks through the telescope.
Jose continues, "Stricken with grief over her love's death, she carried Orion's body high into the sky on her silver moon chariot. And, she left him in the darkest place in the heavens where he would shine the brightest. Such a sad story."
"Jose." Bink says, "You know everything, don't you?"
"Yeah. Yeah, I do."
OOC: The round robin part of the story can officially begin. However, let's not plan the rescue mission just yet.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
OOC: I won;t First part Alex II Training
*In the CIA*
Commander Z: Alex II You need to be train first becasue they are Training Little kids in Italy so You must not hestate to Stund them so your training will began making sure you are sure
Alex II: Right Commander
*Then he went into a Holodect
Commander Z: Began Training Assisatians Little kids now
Then there are Little Kids Surrouinding Alex II as they were Carrying a Volin Case but one Carrying a AK-47 in them so as he began to looking for one, One kid open her case and tooking out the AK-47 but Alex II hear it then he turn around doding the first shots and fire a Stunner into the Little Female Kid Squrrial with the AK-47 as she was stunnd so he went over to her, chelling her then he set the stunner for 10 hours as he picking her up taking her to the getaway car as he got in and placing the Little Female Squrrail in the back then he got in the driver side and drove off to the airport then he got to the airport he took the Little Female Squrrial out of the car got into the airplane and it took off as the slimuiton end*
Commander Z: Good Alex II you Completed Stage one now get some rest tomorow it will be Stage two, if we made contact with the Rescue Rangers We will let you know
Alex II: Ok Commander Z
*Then Alex II went to rest*
Fernando
- - - - -  
From the screen of computer terminal in Holodeck:
Code:
Simulations are great but they are no equal against the living.

- - - - -  
Now, what does intell has on them?
Secondly, start looking for more obvious signs. Ms Bink will not make a move against you unless that move is made against her first. Also- any artillery with ammunitions inside a violin case will be a lot heavier than said violin... keep that in mind when you're looking for her.
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
OOC: Am I right that we've got human-sized rodents in this story?
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Midnight Man"]
OOC: Am I right that we've got human-sized rodents in this story?
[\quote]
- - - - -  
Since its Bink, no way she could carry a human sized violin case, so I'm assuming that everything is scaled down to size.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Bink is using a rodent size violin case and rodent size weapons. Her targets are also rodent size.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Bink is using a rodent size violin case and rodent size weapons. Her targets are also rodent size.
[\quote]
- - - - -  
Thus, a rodent sized violin case carrying a rodent sized AK-47 will be heavier than a rodent sized violin case carrying a rodent sized violin.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
 - - - - -
Thus, a rodent sized violin case carrying a rodent sized AK-47 will be heavier than a rodent sized violin case carrying a rodent sized violin.
- - - - -  
That is true. However, I wonder how much their cybernetic implants are able to compensate? Carrying a FN P90 in a violin case is not a problem. The question is, can their cybernetic implants make it appear as though they are really carrying a violin?
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Fernando"]
  [quote="DOS & Arik"]
  - - - - -
 - - - - -
That is true. However, I wonder how much their cybernetic are able to compensate? Carrying a FN P90 in a violin case is not a problem. The question is, can their cybernetic implants make it appear as though they are really carrying a violin?
- - - - -  
So... they have cybernetic implants? That might change the plan a bit... not going for the Colt 20mm Borg Killer though...
If they have feedback, we need to block it. If they have nasal filters, then gas is probably out of the question. If they have motion detector, we need some way to conceal ourselves. And don't forget the Wolverines...
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
So... they have cybernetic implants? That might change the plan a bit... not going for the Colt 20mm Borg Killer though...
If they have feedback, we need to block it. If they have nasal filters, then gas is probably out of the question. If they have motion detector, we need some way to conceal ourselves. And don't forget the Wolverines...
- - - - -  
It was already mentioned in the story. They have artificial muscle tissue and improved eyesight.
Claes was stabbed and Bink was shot but they only suffered minor damage.
Nasal filters and motion detectors were not included in the story.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Sinclair"]
 - - - - -
It was already mentioned in the story. They have artificial muscle tissue and improved eyesight.
Claes was stabbed and Bink was shot but they only suffered minor damage.
Nasal filters and motion detectors were not included in the story.
- - - - -  
So only improved strength and resistance...
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
- - - - -  
Reflexes and dexterity as well.
-End Page 03

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:14pm

Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Sinclair"]
 - - - - -
Reflexes and dexterity as well.
- - - - -  
Hmm... I'm up to the challenge... :twisted:
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Bink may have a few added advantages but she is not Super Girl.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Commander Z: Next your Fighting skils Bink will be protected by Jose he is a good Fighter, Background Martal Arts, Marakman, Exlecent Shooter, He will knew you be comming for her if you Aprotect him so just incase if he get in your way you must take him out also Bink will help him Fight you too also he will have 10 guards so next Holodeck is Ready so let see if your Martal Arts Skils is still good
Alex II: Ok Sir
*Then he went into the Holodeck 2 as the door close*
Commander Z: Began
*Then He was in a Hotel Wereing a Ninja Suite Bulding in Rome as 10 Guards of Jose came and sround him*
Jose: So you came take Bink Away Never I don't know who you are but you not Geting Bink Guards Get him
*Then Jose and Bink Ran as the Guards Began to Advance towards him*
Alex II (Ninja Suite): Well Let get this Party Started
(SPD Fighting Music)
Alex II: *Went into his Salion Kung Fu Pose* "HEYA!" *Then he Attacked the First guard as he duck the first guard Kick, then he went for a Roundhouse Kick Knocking the First guard out, then the second guard came form the right but Alex II duck his Punch then he grab his hand as he throw him to the Thrid guard as they knock out cold then the Fourth Guard came with a Knife as Alex II Take out his Batwans knocking the Kife out of his hand then Hit him with the Batwans on his head as he was out cold, *then 5,6,7,9 Guards came but he did a Triple Round house kick to knocking them out and the Last Guard Comming towards him he did a Straight kick to knocking him out then he took out his Stunner and clocket it*
Alex II: You can Run Jose but you can't Hide! *Then He Ran to Chase after Jose and Bink
Jose was running with Bink towards there car but Alex II caught them at the Past as he Pounce on them as they fall on to the floor, Alex II Kick Jose off of him then he grab his gun but Blink kick it out of his hand but he grab Bink Foot
Alex II: Sorry Bink *Then he throw her to the ground*
Jose came back but Alex II got out by did a 360 Spin and jump kick Jose but Jose Back up then he did a round house kick but Alex II Blocking it then did a Judio Throw on Jose to the ground thne he saw Bink geting up going for her gun but Alex II was quicker as he grab his Stunner first and Fire the shot as it hit Bink as she was out cold while he seting the dile for 14 Hours then jose come running towards him but he Did a Spinning Kick knock Jose on his back to the ground as Alex II puting his Foot on Jose and Ponting the Stunner on Jose Body*
Alex II: You going to pay for what you done to Bink Making her a Assiasin that a New Low even for you using Kids for Assisains man You guys Make me Sick
Jose; WHO are you
Alex II: I am with the Mafia so You will rember those last words they just sent me to Put a hit on you so See you later and on Say Bye to Bink this is the last time you will see her
*Before Jose have anything to say ALex II Fire his Stunner as Jose went out cold, Aelx II Seting for 15 Hours then placing the Mafia card on his Stomic then he picking Sleeping Bink up as he reporting
Alex II: I Have Bink Ready for Transport
*then the Slimitonal ends as Commander Z came to him
Commander Z: Good Your Martal Art Skils not Russey Well Rest Tomorow you be training with the CIA Specal OPs Rescue and Destory Team That means They Will Rescue Bink and the other Kids being use by the Welfair Socisey Agency then we will destory that Agency after we Rescue the Kids then We will Cover it up make it the Mafia hit that place now get some Rest your Training begans Tomorow with the Specal Ops
Alex II: Yes sir
*Then he head to his Quarters*
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Bink may have a few added advantages but she is not Super Girl.
- - - - -  
Compared to any other normal girl, she is.
CCC
- - - - -  
"I believe I have found something." states the AI bat. It had been busy gathering all the data it could on the murder victims and scanning through it for patterns. "All of the victims so far have purchased vanilla icecream at some point within the last five years."
"Probably coincidence." replied Chip, but he made a note anyway. "Keep looking."
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
All of a sudden, the Cafˆ©'s front door bursts open, and a red-haired squirrel comes running in, heading right for the table around which the Rescue Rangers are sitting. "So here's where you are!" she shouts. "Well, at least you left a note!"
"Tammy!" the Rangers and a handful of Tammyphiles express their surprise. "Nice to see you back," Gadget adds. "Come on, sit down with us."
"Wait," Foxglove says. She is sitting next to Dale as always. "Something's wrong. Her heart rate is not falling, although she isn't running anymore."
"Do you have built-in medical sensors, too?" the AI bat wonders.
"No, but I'm a bat, and I've got a good hearing."
Having a hunch that a big case is coming up, Chip asks, "Alright, Tammy, what's up that you came back all the way from Italy to see us?"
Tammy tells the Rangers the entire story, at least all she knows, from her family's leaving to Italy to the attack to her return, partly under tears.
Fernando analyzes her story. "Bink must have been injured pretty badly, to say the least," he finally says, "but anyway, she won't stay in hospital forever."
"Someone should be there and take care of her when she leaves the hospital," Chip suggests. "Not only because she's a little girl and an orphan now, but also because we don't know anything about the attack and why it happened. Maybe they're after her, too."
"Bonzer idea, mate!" Monty comments. "I 'aven't been t' Italy ferever, 'aven't tasted their fine cheeses..."
Within a few seconds, the table is surrounded by quite a lot of Rangerphiles who want to volunteer.
CCC
- - - - -  
For just a moment, the AI bat seems to stop paying attention. Not for long, though.
"I have found record of fourteen patients with descriptions that could be a match for Bink. Nine of these were released back to their families... of the other five, four are on record as having at least one surviving parent. The last one has a 72.95% chance of being Bink - she was released from hospital into... the Social Welfare Agency."
"I have the address of their head office. I could email them with a query, if you'd like."
"I don't think so." said Chip. "I think it would be far better if we went there to visit Bink in person. Less impersonal."
The AI bat looked blank for a moment, then nodded. "Of course. I see. I could get the tripods to put together a suitable means of transport capable of carrying all interested parties, then. Plane, hovercraft, ship, helicopter, spaceship, submarine, or long-range transporter array? One large vehicle or many smaller vehicles? Take your pick."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
"I have found record of fourteen patients with descriptions that could be a match for Bink. Nine of these were released back to their families... of the other five, four are on record as having at least one surviving parent. The last one has a 72.95% chance of being Bink - she was released from hospital into... the Social Welfare Agency."
"I have the address of their head office. I could email them with a query, if you'd like."
"I don't think so." said Chip. "I think it would be far better if we went there to visit Bink in person. Less impersonal."
- - - - -  
"That is correct," Tammy confirms. "Because I couldn't get anywhere dealing with the staff at the National Hospital in Italy, I had to steal a copy of Bink's hospital records." Tammy removes her copy of Bink's hospital records from her pocket, unfolds it and lays it on the table. "Bink did sustain a lot of injury but she was given artificial muscle tissue and some other cybernetic implants. The record does show that she was discharged to the Social Welfare Agency. When I got there, instead of a normal orphanage like I'd expected, I found a heavily guarded compound. I went to the guard at the front gate, I told him I was looking for Bink and that I am her sister. The guard immediately responds by saying there is no one here by that name. I then showed the cat my copy of Bink's hospital records, pointing out that she was discharged to this place. The cat was then at a loss for words so he gets on the phone. He explains to the person on the other end of the line what I showed him. He pauses then says to the person on the line, 'I see, so what do I tell her?' He pauses again and tells me that the hospital record I have is incorrect. The guy was so transparent I didn't buy it for a minute. I walked away until I was out of the guard's sight and approached the grounds another way, as I got closer I heard some rapid shooting. I also saw what appeared to be an out door shooting range. If it was an archery range, I could understand that. Even summer camps teach kids archery. I went in for a closer look but I was nabbed by several guards. As they were dragging me away, I yelled, 'My sister's in there.' 'You're trespassing' they responded and then threatened me 'Trespass again and we will have you in jail.' I then went to the Italian branch of the International Rescue Aid Society. I could read in their faces that something is wrong when I showed then Bink's hospital records. They then go into this long explanation of Italian bureaucracy and how they can't get her out through official channels. Then I told then 'This is the IRAS, rescue her.' Then they told me how taking back Bink from the Italian government without the official channels would be a diplomatic nightmare for the IRAS. I couldn't believe this. Since when are the IRAS less interested in rescuing someone than how they appear to the Italian government?"
Tammy then refers to Bink's hospital records laying on the table. "This is tangible evidence that Bink was discharged to the Social Welfare Agency which as I pointed out looks more like a military compound than a home for children."
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Midnight Man"]
Fernando analyzes her story. "Bink must have been injured pretty badly, to say the least," he finally says, "but anyway, she won't stay in hospital forever."
- - - - -  
...o0O( Just when I thought I was retired from 'The Agency', I get DRAGGED BACK IN! )
Where is that red-haired munk when I need her?!!
Now, (going into 'agent mode') there are a couple of points to clarify:
1) What condiction was the parents found in? One report (story intro inthe beginning) says that they were found dead. Another report (Midnight's) says that they were found injured...
2) With Bink's disappearence, brainwashing, training and missions done, would have taken weeks, if not months. Why is Tammy coming in now for help?
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
1) What condiction was the parents found in? One report (story intro inthe beginning) says that they were found dead. Another report (Midnight's) says that they were found injured...
- - - - -  
They were found dead.
[quote="Fernando"]
2) With Bink's disappearence, brainwashing, training and missions done, would have taken weeks, if not months. Why is Tammy coming in now for help?
- - - - -  
It has been months. Tammy stayed her in America while her mom, step-dad and sister were living in Italy. Tammy went to Italy to investigate after not being able to get in touch with them.
CCC
- - - - -  
"The guard was an invisible cat?" asks the AI. "Intruiging, but likely largely irrelevant. It will no doubt be possible to remove her from the Social Welfare Agency; the question is whether or not she is in a fit state for removal. To settle that, we will require the participation of one or more medically inclined persons."
"The first four to come to mind are Jeanette Isabelle, Fernando, DOS, and Arik. It is probably important to include at least one of those four on the mission."
(w.r.t. point 2: it must be tough for a squirrel to get here from Italy by ship.)
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
"When were you in last contact with your family?" Fernando asked.
"September of last year." Tammy answered.
"It's June. Why come to us now?"
"As you know, I stayed behind here in New York as Bink and my parents lived in Italy."
Arik chipped in. "This is the first time I have ever met you but I have heard so much about you. As I understand it, your mom is single. Right?"
"Mom got remarried." Tammy corrected.
"I see." Arik continued. "That would explain why your sister and mom were in Italy."
"Exactly." Tammy answered. "When I stopped receiving calls, I called them but the line was no longer in service. I sent them many letters and when I got them back, they were marked 'return to sender.' After that I did what I could to get to Italy, figure out what's going on and get back to New York."
Fernando
- - - - -  
Fernando: Before we start this- What documentation do you have? You know we are going to have to research all that you have before anyone can make a move.
In Tammy's excitement to find help, finds that what she has brought little in terms of documentation and evidence is being challenged by Fernando. This upset her greatly.
JeanetteIsabelle: Thats enough Fernando, you're upsetting her.
Fernando: Having her upset is going to be minor if anyone of us is going to get hurt or worse in trying to find her sister.
Fernando then turns to Tammy.
Fernando: Look Girl, first we are exhaust to find every legal means of getting Bink back for you. If that fails, then we may have to resort to other means in bringing her back.
Tammy: Would you, really?
Fernando: No I wouldn't...
JeanetteIsabelle: Fernando!
Fernando: Look, Tammy... I am not making promises, but I and the others will do our best in getting Bink back. Now if you dont mind, I got a lot of work to do to start this.
Fernando starts to get up to get out of the cafe, but as he does get up, JeanetteIsabelle smacks across the back of the head. Fernando looks at JeanetteIsabelle sternly through his dark glasses, as she stares at him back.
DOS: Meaniehead...
Some of those gathered around snickered. Fernando did is best to leave quietly.
Arik: What was that all about?
JeanetteIsabelle: Mostly personal issues with him.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Sinclair opened his mouth to ask for something, but changed his mind. Instead, he turned to Tammy.
"Maybe they would not be able to do everything, but I'm not bound by political issues. If something needs doing, we do it, one way or another. Although I do not know you, the Rangers give you credibility. You have my word, I'll do anything in my power to help you."
"Th...thank you."
"Now I'd like to know everything about Bink and your family's business in Italy. Why did they went there? What happened after that? When did you loose contact? And as complete description of that 'Welfare Agency as you can. Everything might be important."
Fernando
- - - - -  
Fernando goes to his home, mifted at the whole idea of being dragged into doing Cloak&Dagger mission again. Regardless if an innocent life is involved, certain keywords are not to his liking.
Getting out of his Acorn Medical Tech Garb and into something more comfortable, he walks in his computer & server room. Thinking to himself:
...o0O( I'll bet that somebody out there would want the Cafe's TimeTravellers to go back into time and undo what has hapened. Yeah right, undo several months of events and end up with a major headache created temporal psychosis... Not me, and I wont allow Jeanette to suffer needlessly either.)
Then he starts typing away on the keyboard:
[code]
Apple OSX 2.5v
PASSWORD: *****************
PLACE FINGER ON PAD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
BIOMETRICS IDENTITY: Confirmed
>establish anti-easedropping protocol
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[done]
>connect network: Cloak&Dagger
[establishing virtual private network]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [virtual private network: established]
[connecting]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[connected]
[establishing protocol]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[protocol established]
[connecting to entrypoint server]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[vpn-ip recognized]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [internal system s/n recognized]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[user input required]
USER: *****
PASSWORD: ************
Welcome *****.
Your last log in was on: 6/28/1997, 3:47pm
Menu Options:
[A]ccess Archives
[O]pen New Case (attachment deleted)  

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:15pm

DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[deleted]
Fernando
- - - - -  
Hours pass into the late afternoon, Fernando returns to the cafe in his Acorn Medical Tech uniform, carrying a large folder of printed pages. He see that everyone is still gathered around Tammy, and walks to the group. Once there he drops his folder ontop of the other paperwork.
Chip: What is this?
Fernando: What is this? How about openning it up and reading it, peanut breathe.
Chip opens the folder and goes through the papers within.
Chip: Satellite photographs? Military Operations posing as orphanages? Printed Newspaper clipping? I cant read Italian.
Fernando (as he grabs the paper flips it over for Chip): Siete un tal idiot... Its already translated into English on the flipside.
Chip eyes open up in awe as he skims across the translated page's headlines.
Chip (to himself): Blonde haired squirrely girl kills 3, wounds 1.
Gadget: WHAT?!!
Dale reaches for another newspaper article, flipping it over to the translated side.
Dale: Child Murderer: A New Mafia Trend?
Fernando: I knew this was not going to be easy. Lets hope the others can get better intell than what I got spending a couple of hours typing on my keyboard.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
"Now I'd like to know everything about Bink and your family's business in Italy. Why did they went there? What happened after that? When did you loose contact? And as complete description of that 'Welfare Agency as you can. Everything might be important."
- - - - -  
"Our step-dad is Italian. This is why he, Mom and Bink were living in Italy." Tammy then refers to Bink's hospital records from the National Hospital in Italy. "As you can see here, she was operated on, replacing damaged muscle tissue with artificial muscle tissue. That in of its self is very benign. That in conjunction with her being transported to what seems like a military or research facility posing as a home for children, followed by unreal bureaucracy raises all sorts of flags."
"What do you think that means?" Sinclair asked.
Tammy appears unsure of what's going on. "If it wasn't for the shooting range, I would have assumed that it is a secret research facility and that Bink is being used as a guineapig. After being threatened by the guards, I did hang back to see what kind of traffic enters and leaves that facility. I saw mostly sports cars such as a Porsche and an Audi and I did see a pizza delivery van enter but not leave. When I went to the Italian branch of the IRAS, I knew they knew something they were not telling. Their reaction only heightened my suspicion that it was either a research or a military facility."
Sinclair
- - - - -  
"This is getting interesting... much too interesting. We need to do something. Quickly."
Sinclair browses the folder, taking out satellite photos, plans and searching through the articles for a pattern.
"The complex is well guarded. We need to strike while they are outside. Minimum collateral damage. Assaulting the place would be a Skywalker Surprise. There are probably many Borgs inside."
He flips two more pages.
"Hmm... The first thing to do is get more data. We need to go to Italy. Post lookouts around the complex. If it is indeed a military outpost, then we have to be careful. First priority - identify target. If Bink is indeed in there, we can proceed to complex scan. Get to know who and when comes there, who, when and where leaves."
Fernando
- - - - -  
Fernando reaches into his pockets and tosses several small blue booklets on the table, each with a cafe member's name on it embossed in gold.
Chip: And what are these?
Fernando: I swear- you and your nonsensical questions! What does it look like to you, fool?!! *then to himself* Sheesh, and I'm the one with the vision problems...
Chip: You still have not answered my question.
Fernando: Listen munk- use your freaking eye balls you have in your head. You may lead this little core group here, but you do not lead me. As for you moronic question: they are passports- for you to use to get to Italy.
Chip: And what is with your attitude?
Fernando: It is you... you believe that you can lead a little group of rodentia into a military base and rescue somebody? This is not Nimul or Fat Cat or some scientific complex hold mice in cages, but a miltary base filled with soliders and agents who are shoot to kill first and ask questions later. As far as I am concerned- you and your little La-La group is way out of your league! So it best that you come with all of us, and while we are doing the rescue, you and your little girl pal here sit down and enjoy the pasta.
Monty (getting up and rolling his fisted sleeve): Watch what you are saying and to whom...
Gadget: Monty, dont!
Fernando: I've been waiting for this for a very long time...
JeanetteIsabelle: Fernando, dont you dare.
Fernando: *HMPH!*
Gadget: Then what do you propose?
Fernando: There is no way possible that we can take on a military base. But read here in the newspaper clips- where it states that she was outside of the base when this blonde haired squirrel was in town when the shootings occurred. That means that they must go out and mingle with the public. That means that we can deal with them on a one-to-one fashion. Now, lets start planning. You, Chip- are going to need a larger jacket, since you're going to get fat eating pasta.
Dale: HA! HA!
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Tammy reads the first newspaper clipping from Saturday, December 9, 2006. "A man, suspected with affiliations of the Republican Factions terrorist group, claims he was approached by a guy in a suit, posing as a newspaper reporter, accompanied by a young female squirrel with short blond hair carrying a violin case. The alleged terrorist group affiliate got agitated with the man claiming to be a reporter before he was struck in the head with a heavy violin case by the female squirrel. . . . The shooting rampage appears to be the work of organized crime or a terrorist group."
Arik, pointing out the obvious, said "That was last year. What could have happened since then?"
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then a TV Screan came on as Commander Z was on*
Commander Z: Hello Rescue Rangers I am Commander Z of the CIA we allready heard the Situlation on Bink and this was a Cover up by the Italy government aka Welfare Agency they like us CIA allways covering up there messesed now you be join by 7 our CIA Agents and One you knew
Alex II Came on the screan "Hello Guys"
Chip: ALEX II YOu work for the CIA
Alex II: Well the Sercet is out Chip yep I do long story
Dale: WOw Alex II a Sercet Agent
Alex II: Welll not to brag Dale but We Do Need to Rescue Bink so gust what Rescue Rangers You be Taking orders form Me CIA is Higher than you Unlese if Fernando want to lead the CIA for Old Time Shakes and We knew SWA Knew that Tammy will Find Bink so they will try make it harder for us so We going to use a New Code name New York Mafia becasue We make it like the Mafia did it not us so Your Job is Not to be Requongise, You must Rescue Bink at all cost, and We also Put More Ninja Suites and gear in the Sutecase for you all so they don't Rescuongise you only your eyes and your voice but your Ninja Gear also have Voice senzlisers in them too so you be talking at a diffrent voice and it set on Mafia voice seting so they don't knew you and Tammy you be wereing a Dequisce too it in your Sutecase so once you get to a hotel in Italy Put it on and don't ask Question So Nando What your answer?
Commander Z: So Rescue Rangers Good Luck and Bring Bink HOME
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo, Who had been gone for all the excitement, walked into the cafe. He saw Chip, Fernando, and a large group of folks gathered around the table.
"Hey, y'all. How's it a goin'?" He asked quite innocently. One look from Fernando was all he needed.
"Well, I got to pick up somethin' at HQ. If ya need me, holler!" Hondo said unusually fast and turned toward the door, making a hasty exit.
*If the problems that big to get a look like that from Fernando, I'll wait to find out. I know if they need a movin' target they'll call me.* Hondo thought as he stole a quick glance over his shoulder.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
After receiving video feed from the CIA by Alex II, on an unsecured line, and Hondo walking in on us like nothing is happening, Arik wonders why we're not conducting a private meeting in Grand Central Station.
CCC
- - - - -  
A map appeared on the table; at the same time, the CIA link flickered, and then dropped slightly in quality.
"Hey, what happened?" asked Alex II.
"I switched you onto an encrypted channel, that's what. One kilobyte key, won't be easy to break. Now, here:"
A map of Italy appeared on the table.
"The military orphanage is here."
A grey pin appeared on the map.
"The blonde assassin with the news coverage struck, in order, there, there, there..."
Red pins appeared, one by one, each marking the scene of one or more deaths.
"I can try to take a look over the IRAS computer network if you want, see if I can find out what they know about the subject."
Sinclair
- - - - -  
"Fernando!"
"Yeah?"
"Don't treat Chip like that! He might not be a blind squirrel, nor is he a military commander. But I'm sure he cares for this case no less than you and everybody else. Besides, we're not going for the trench run. We're going for a nice, uninteresting mission. At least as much uninteresting as it can get. Remember we'd have to deal with at least one borg. Also remember they didn't use a passport until now."
"Charlie?"
"Hmm?"
"You realize mate, oi don't understand a word you just said."
"Sorry. I guess I got a bit carried away... A trench run, also called the Skywalker's Surprise, is a mission carrying a 0.0001% survival chance. And what we call interesting you would probably call deadly... Oh and a borg is a cybernetic organism of any kind."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
"I can try to take a look over the IRAS computer network if you want, see if I can find out what they know about the subject."
OOC: The Italian branch of the IRAS does have information on the Social Welfare Agency however they do not plan to use this information in fear of political ramifications. I do plan for them to use this information later in the story when it will not land them in the soup.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Fernando: The plan is simple; arrive, observe, review, observe, review- for as long as it might take. Follow Bink and her companion, see their interactions, what they are doing, where they are going, find a pattern. Take notice of who is with them at all times. We have to figure all this out before we can make a move.
AlexII: OK then, when do we make our move?
Fernando: Not until we figure this all out. *Then looks at Chip* You got lucky once when you saved Gadget years ago. This time bullets are going to be used, not drug loaded darts.
Chip just looks at him, wanting to say something, but cant.
Arik: What action will our move take?
Fernando: "lets assume te following-
1) Bink has a companion, a parnter or supervisor, and she carries a violin case.
2) That violin case has an automatic weapon inside that she has used before
3) They are not alone; there are others like them around them.
So what to do? Simple- at the time of day they are most alone, they have to be incapacitated, the violin case with the weapon taken away and Bink returned to the cafe.
Sinclair- no use of advance technology is to be used. That means, no starships, no teleporters. In JeanetteIsabelle and my case, no Time Travel Tech. In short- we're on our own with what resources we can gather. Since we have to follow by society's rules, that means we have to get our paperwork in order- hence the passports. So, we are going to need the following: a couple of rented cars, and a couple of awaiting planes at an airfield. Perferably something that can fight back since militiary relatilation will definately occur.
Now, lets sit down and deal with the details."
Everyone looks at each other blankly.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: Because DOS does not officially exist, she does not have a passport.
ODS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
So what to do? Simple- at the time of day they are most alone, they have to be incapacitated, the violin case with the weapon taken away and Bink returned to the cafe.
"Fernando." Arik pointed out, "If we are dealing with the type of people I think we are dealing with, chances are Bink will be wearing a concealed handgun in addition to carrying an automatic weapon in a violin case."
-End Page 05
- - - - -  

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:16pm

Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
OOC: Because DOS does not officially exist, she does not have a passport.
- - - - -  
Fernando walks over to Arik and hands him an envelope.
It contains a Baptismal Certificate, a Computer School ID and a passport for Diana Olivia Smith (DOS).
Since a Birt Certificate does not exist for DOS, does not mean that she is not registered as an acknowledged person by some religious organization. A Baptismal Certificate is as good as a Brith Certiificate in 99% of the cases, and the US Gov't does accept it in cases of children.
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
"Fernando." Arik pointed out, "If we are dealing with the type of people I think we are dealing with, chances are Bink will be wearing a concealed handgun in addition to carrying an automatic weapon in a violin case."
- - - - -  
That is why we need to have her incapacitated.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II: Ok We will meet you at the airport Tomorow at 7 AM that measn 0700 GMT
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
Hondo, who had left no farther than the roof, had heard the rest of the conversation.
"Good thing I have good hearing!" Hondo said in a whisper to himself. *Well, I'm a not missing a chance to get shot at. Been too quiet around here anyhow.* with that thought in mind he silently jumped off the roof and into the shadows. *If they're leavin' tomorrow, I'm gone tonight!* he thought as he walked to where he hid his Bronco. *I'll stay out of the way, unless something goes bad.*
Fernando
- - - - -  
Leaning against the driver's side front fender was Fernando, who waited for Hondo to arrive. Once Hondo stepped into view of his truck, he stopped momentarily.
Hondo: How did you get here?
Fernando: For one with great hearing, its very hard to hear a flying squirrel in flight. Maybe only Foxglove could have heard me.
Hondo (as he walked to the driverside door): So, what do you want?
Fernando: I dont care about loose canons. The agency thinks I'm one, and I agree with them. But if we are going to be loose canons, we need to be loose in the same directions. Understand what I am trying say?
Hondo: I think so.
Fernando: Good. Now go back to the cafe and pickup your paperwork, airplane tickets, and a red shirt. And when you get back, chell your grounding strap...
Then Fernando took a steps and flew up into the nearby trees, disappearing into the branches above.
Hondo: damn he's good. But everyone has a flaw.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
On a late, cold evening, Triela has Bink by the hand. Bink is in her new red coat. "Hurry up before he leaves."
"But. . . ." Bink hesitates.
"You want to ask him, right?"
"Yeah. It's just. . . ."
"Come on." Triela pulls Bink by the arm.
Bink and Triela are standing by the parking lot. Bink is standing a few feet in front of Triela, she turns around to look at Triela. Triela nods at Bink.
Jose walks up to his Porsche and unlocks it remotely.
"Jose?" He hears Bink addressing him.
"Yes. What is it, Bink?"
"Um, uh. . . ."
"It's okay." Jose reassures her.
"Well, Christmas is coming up soon, and. . . ."
Triela watches from a distance.
"Yes."
"So I was thinking. . . ."
"How's a drive sound to you?" Jose suggested.
Bink is thrilled. "As long as we get to spend time together, it'll be the perfect Christmas."
"Go back to your room."
"Good night, Jose."
Softly, "Good night, Bink."
Jose starts his Porsche and drives off.
Bink runs to Triela. "Jose said yes. We'll be spending Christmas together."
"See? What'd I say? It's as simple as asking."
"You were right. It really wasn't that hard. Thanks Triela."
Fernando
- - - - -  
OCC: What date/time of year is this?
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
- - - - -  
This is December 2006, a few weeks after Bink's first job.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
[quote="Fernando"]
- - - - -  
OCC: When do you expect us to get to the rescue?
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
OOC: The Italian branch of the IRAS does have information on the Social Welfare Agency however they do not plan to use this information in fear of political ramifications. I do plan for them to use this information later in the story when it will not land them in the soup.
- - - - -  
(OOC: Which doesn't necessarily mean that said information will be on a computer with an internet connection; in fact, for security reasons, they may have good to some lengths to ensure that this was not the case.)
[quote="Fernando"]
Sinclair- no use of advance technology is to be used. That means, no starships, no teleporters. In JeanetteIsabelle and my case, no Time Travel Tech. In short- we're on our own with what resources we can gather.
- - - - -  
"I am advanced technology." states the AI bat. "Therefore, perhaps I should remain largely absent."
[quote="Fernando"]
So, we are going to need the following: a couple of rented cars, and a couple of awaiting planes at an airfield. Perferably something that can fight back since militiary relatilation will definately occur.
- - - - -  
"The tripods form a substantial labour force. Even if I am to remain here, I can instruct them to build a plane or planes to whatever specifications you require."
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
  [quote="Fernando"]
  - - - - -
 - - - - -  
OCC: When do you expect us to get to the rescue?
- - - - -  
It is June 2007 our time. I want to time it just right so that when we rescue Bink, that plot will be in sync with ours. Planning a rescue mission and carrying it out takes less time than it is to go through special forces training.
Sinclair
- - - - -  
@Fernando: I didn't mention anything with a tech level of Star Trek. No teleportation, starships or other were considered in the plan so far. As for transport, I have my Me262 that can fight back pretty neatly, even against the modern Italian fighters.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
"The tripods form a substantial labour force. Even if I am to remain here, I can instruct them to build a plane or planes to whatever specifications you require."
- - - - -  
Hmmm...
How big is a single tripod?
What extreme g-forces can it endure?
How fast can a single tripod take down the controls of a modern day fighter?
In other words, if placed into a small 20-30mm canon shell of a typical fighter aircraft weapon, use it to shoot at another (offending) aircraft, can a tripod attach itself without damage and take over that other aircraft?
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Sinclair"]
@Fernando: I didn't mention anything with a tech level of Star Trek. No teleportation, starships or other were considered in the plan so far. As for transport, I have my Me262 that can fight back pretty neatly, even against the modern Italian fighters.
- - - - -  
"Its not the crate that is flying but the nut behind the controls..."
Then again, Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen repeated what his master, Oswald Boelcke once taught him:
"Every take off- OPTIONAL.
Every landing- MANDITORY!"
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
 [quote="Sinclair"]
 - - - - -
Then again, Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen repeated what his master, Oswald Boelcke once taught him:
- - - - -  
The Polish Minister of Aviation once said: "A Polish pilot, if need be, would fly on a barn door."
And don't forget: "Every landing you can walk away from is a good one."
:mrgreen:

"Now let's see... we have to cross the Atlantic. That wouldn't pose much of a problem. Do you have documents for me, or should I take on one of my identities?"
[quote="Sinclair"]
 [quote="Fernando"]
  [quote="Sinclair"]
  - - - - -

- - - - -
The Polish Minister of Aviation once said: "A Polish pilot, if need be, would fly on a barn door."
And don't forget: "Every landing you can walk away from is a good one."
:mrgreen:

"Now let's see... we have to cross the Atlantic. That wouldn't pose much of a problem. Do you have documents for me, or should I take on one of my identities?"
- - - - -  
"And any landing you can use the plane again is an excellent one."
-That was said of James Ira Thomas "Taffy" Jones, a Scottish Ace who crashed more planes than he shot down. He had a vision perception problem, which made him an ace, but he could not see the ground! :lol:
Go get yours from the pile, I made one for everyone in the cafe of who is ever interested in this little adventure.
-End Page 06

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:18pm

DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="CCC"]
 [quote="DOS & Arik"]
 - - - - -
(OOC: Which doesn't necessarily mean that said information will be on a computer with an internet connection; in fact, for security reasons, they may have good to some lengths to ensure that this was not the case.)
- - - - -  
OOC: What the Rangers don't know yet is that they will be rescuing two kids rather than just one. That is where IRAS Intelligence comes in. The question which waits to be seen is, will the Rangers take one trip to Italy or two trips. That may depend on how quickly they want to get out of Italy once they have Bink.
[quote="Fernando"]
 [quote="CCC"]
 - - - - -
Hmmm...
In other words, if placed into a small 20-30mm canon shell of a typical fighter aircraft weapon, use it to shoot at another (offending) aircraft, can a tripod attach itself without damage and take over that other aircraft?
- - - - -  
If the Rangers do the job smoothly, they wouldn't have to deal with enemy fighters. Also, how much effort is the Italian government willing to put in to retrieve one cyborg assassin?
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="CCC"]
  [quote="DOS & Arik"]
  - - - - -
 - - - - -
OOC: What the Rangers don't know yet is that they will be rescuing two kids rather than just one. That is where IRAS Intelligence comes in. The question which waits to be seen is, will the Rangers take one trip to Italy or two trips. That may depend on how quickly they want to get out of Italy once they have Bink.
. . .
If the Rangers do the job smoothly, they wouldn't have to deal with enemy fighters. Also, how much effort is the Italian government willing to put in to retrieve one cyborg assassin?
- - - - -  
That would depend on 'how much of an investment' either the government or its agency has invested in these little assassin cyborgs. The Italian Government can say "No, Let them go..."; but the Agency Head would demand further actions to the point of possible criminal intent. That is a problem on how goverments deal with their agencies, since sometimes, the agencies think that they are working above the law.
At least with the USA, that is why they have 'Congressional Hearings'.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
I could bring my replica 1932 waco biwing for inconspicuous air recon.
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="Hondo I. Sackett"]
I could bring my replica 1932 waco biwing for inconspicuous air recon.
- - - - -  
1932 biplane in 2007?
Perhaps a Piper arrow, Learjet 100, or even a 737BBJ... but a biplane?
YOU KNOW HOW MANY CENTURIANS YOU ARE GOING TO INVOKE WW1 FLASHBACKS UPON?!! YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE STILL ARMED WITH THEIR ANCIENT WEAPONS?!!
*BANG!* Colpo Tedesco Giˆ¼!
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
hey, it's slow and there are many folk who fly those for fun! especially if there is a vintage air show near by. Folk may look at it and say "cool, it's an old plane." But do you think they would say, "A vintage aircraft? They must be spying on us. If they were joy riding it would be in a new plane that flies so high you can't see the scenery." I no think so.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
hey, it's slow and there are many folk who fly those for fun! especially if there is a vintage air show near by. Folk may look at it and say "cool, it's an old plane." But do you think they would say, "A vintage aircraft? They must be spying on us. If they were joy riding it would be in a new plane that flies so high you can't see the scenery." I no think so.
- - - - -  
Hondo, a vintage biplane over a no-fly zone may attract all sorts of attention.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
you don't fly over it! you fly around and use high powered scope.
this gunslinger knows not to sky-line himself.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Hondo, you know Fernando is right. The key is, you can't fly anything that will draw attention to its self. If someone stops to think, "a vintage aircraft," especially in a setting where a biplane is not expected, your cover is already blown regardless how they rationalize its existence.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Meanwhile, in Italy...

-You got a fix on that?
-Yeah, sounds like an old biplane
-So what you think?
-BRING OUT THE DEATH RAY!

ZAP!!!
(Description of aircraft being with with Death Ray to be left out, to spare those weak hearts and low constitutions)

-Dang it, where's the pilot?
-You're forget, the Death Ray vaporizes the pilot, so we can recycle the plane!
-Oh yeah... I forget! HEY, Lets have a parade!

$#&%@#... Another parade...HA! Wait until they see the bill for the horn section!
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
ok,ok! no plane. But I bring multiple, large concealed knifes,multiple,assorted fire arms, and a large screwdriver!
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
ok,ok! no plane. But I bring multiple, large concealed knifes,multiple,assorted fire arms, and a large screwdriver!
Fernando
- - - - -  
What ever you can sneak past airport metal detectors and touchy-feely custom agents is fine by me. :mrgreen:
Now, if you get caught...
[quote]
We Will Disavow Any Knowledge Of Your Existence!
[\quote]
:twisted:
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
who ever hear of someone getting stopped for airfreighting antique weapons? :twisted: :twisted:
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then Inspector Gagdet and Clueso as they came
Inspector Gadget: I am Inspector Gadget Chife has sent me to Help you Rescue Blink
Clueso: Same as my SUperouis too
Alex II: Thanks We be happy to Appriceated
*Then they head into the SUV about 8 of them as they head to the airport*
[quote="Fernando"]
Hmmm...
- - - - -  
Pretty small.
[quote="Fernando"]
- - - - -  
Not as much as one might expect, but enough for most purposes.
[quote="Fernando"]
- - - - -  
"Take down" as in "Force a landing", or as in "Take control"? The first is a simple matter of unplugging the fuel lines; it would take more time to get there than to do it unless you hit exactly. The second would take a minute or two, but requires three tripods. The first one could build two more from bits of the target plane, but that takes 15 minutes. (Two can build a third in 5 minutes.)
[quote="Fernando"]
- - - - -  
No.
However, a typical fighter aircraft weapon can be modified into an electromagnetic tripod launcher before the mission. It can be made to look like a normal gun, but it will have a slightly lower muzzle velocity than the typical aircraft gun, and will only be able to fire ammunition containing sufficient iron.
Moreover, a swift takeover requires three hits on the same plane.
Computer-aided aiming algorithms can also be added, if required, to increase the probability that a given weapon hits the designated target.
-End Page 07
- - - - -  

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:19pm

DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: I need a head count of how many characters will be on the rescue mission.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II and 7 CIA Search and Rescue and Attack Team Members
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
one of me.
Fernando
- - - - -  
1 medical team
CCC
- - - - -  
How many tripods do you want? 20? 30?
The AI bat is planning to remain back at the Cafe, but is quite willing to do what it can, especially with regard to making sure that any computer with an internet connection does what you want it to do.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Charles_Roberts"]
Alex II and 7 CIA Search and Rescue and Attack Team Members
Eight. Does this number include Inspector Gadget and Clueso?
Sinclair
- - - - -  
Count me in. My crew is not coming.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
1 medical team
- - - - -  
I, my self, am bringing medical gear based on the number going on the mission, minus CCC and DOS as they are able to quickly repair any damage they sustain. Who are you including in your medical team?
Midnight Man
- - - - -  
"It's a pity that bringing your own aircraft is so difficult," Midnight says, "for the best I have to offer you is my plane, The Storm. A North American P-51D 'Mustang' replica, looks like built in the 40s, but is in fact built in 1957 by the Ultra-Flite Labs. Since her refurbishment, a 2006 Christmas present from Gadget to me, she is more of a race plane than ever, and she has been pretty fast when she was built. Additional tanks enable her to cross the Atlantic by her own power, especially at moderate speeds with the supercharger turned off, though I might need to refuel once I'm over European territory. Other modifications, especially compared with the original Ultra-Flite design, include a second seat and an enlarged canopy, giving her a trainer layout. However, since she is no real warbird, she has never carried any weapons, and due to her age, there is no computer technology inside of her.
"Another problem might arise if someone is familiar to Ultra-Flite's test craft and recognizes The Storm in the air. Hardly anyone knows what happened to the Storm after the pilot whom she was given to, Jefferson van Zant, died after a plane crash. And now she suddenly appears over Italy? This would mean that a sort of camouflage would be necessary, a smaller standard canopy hiding the passenger seat, and of course a paint job. I'd prefer you to use paint which can be washed off. Because first I'd like her to get her usual black outfit back after the mission, and second it doesn't matter what she looks like when she's used in a getaway mission as opposed to a recon mission and it happens to rain.
"Of course I'll steer clear of no-fly areas. I'm not planning on attacking the camp, especially not with no weapons at all. But if you need to get someone or something away quickly, I might wait somewhere in the distance, this someone or something might be brought to me, and I'd simply fly away. I doubt that an organization which attempts at giving the appearance of an orphanage has an own air force with supersonic fighter/bomber jets or even SAM launchers hidden on public ground just in case of an aerial attack, and when it's propeller-driven or even rolling on, chances are great that I'll outfly it easily.
"If you need my help otherwise than as a pilot, I can provide black clothes," he pulls his only black trench coat out of a bag he has brought, "I can move around and hide without making any noise and without leaving any traces if necessary, I've got a good hearing, I can see quite well when it's almost dark, and then there's my tranq rifle. However, keep me away from hand-to-hand combat."  
Sinclair
- - - - -  
"How easy would it be to install two 50mm PzBs in pylons under wings? That is, if you even consider such modification..."
HondoI. Sackett
- - - - -  
he can bring a plane from the 40's, but i can't from the 30's!(mumble,grumble) :evil:
oh well, that is kismet! :?
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
he can bring a plane from the 40's, but i can't from the 30's!(mumble,grumble) :evil:
This is a covert mission. We need to remain invisible. Intelligence gathering is needed but we need to remain invisible. Most, if not all recognizance will be ground recognizance. Once you are in the air, you are seen. The question that remains is, what impression will you leave once you are in the air?
Fernando
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 [quote="Fernando"]
 1 medical team
 - - - - -
I, my self, am bringing medical gear based on the number going on the mission, minus CCC and DOS as they are able to quickly repair any damage they sustain. Who are you including in your medical team?
- - - - -  
There is only one other I would ride shotgun with.
The problem is whether or not is she would want too, and we both know that JeannetteIsabelle will not make a move unless she believe she is absolutely ready even though we know that she already is.
Fernando
- - - - -  
Lets say this, people: No planes, except for the 2 or 3 that takes us to Italy and brings us back. Now, that would nean 4 to 6 pilots/co-pilots to fly them.
Why? Italy is such a small place, and its governments and agencies keep a tight regien on its airspace. Even recreational flying must be registered, like here in the USA with the FAA and local control towers. With a small area, there is not much manuvering space.
It also brings suspicion to those caught, and anyone caught will be left behind. The mission itself is going to be dangerous, and though some of us might be loose canons, I would prefer that as loose canons, we swing together in the proper directions we have to go.
Thusly, anyone caught, will be left to their devices to get out, and we will disavow your existance and deny that there is any mission going on. It is for all our protections that it must be so.
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
 - - - - -
This is a covert mission. We need to remain invisible. Intelligence gathering is needed but we need to remain invisible. Most, if not all recognizance will be ground recognizance. Once you are in the air, you are seen. The question that remains is, what impression will you leave once you are in the air?
- - - - -  
No the most important impression, or lack of one, is the one made from landing! Cheesy
-End Page 08
- - - - -  

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2007, 4:21pm

HondoI. Sackett
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
Lets say this, people: No planes, except for the 2 or 3 that takes us to Italy and brings us back. Now, that would nean 4 to 6 pilots/co-pilots to fly them.
- - - - -  
OK, if you need another plane I can borrow a V-22 Osprey replica from a friend, and pilot it, though I warn y'all, I'm use to bush piloting.
[quote]
It also brings suspicion to those caught, and anyone caught will be left behind. The mission itself is going to be dangerous, and though some of us might be loose canons, I would prefer that as loose canons, we swing together in the proper directions we have to go.
[\quote]
- - - - -  
Alright, I may be a loner, or "loose Cannon" as you put it, but I'll let you, Fernando, call the primary shot's or will at least try to let you know before I try something stupid. :wink:
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
OOC: I need a head count of how many characters will be on the rescue mission.
- - - - -  
Here are the twenty-two characters listed so far who are going on the mission. Let me know if I am missing anyone.
Arik
DOS
Alex II
Seven CIA Search and Rescue and Attack Team Members
Hondo
Fernando
Jeanette Isabelle
Sinclair
Midnight Man
Gadget
Monty
Chip
Dale
Tammy
Zipper
Annie Oakley
Fernando
- - - - -  
 [quote="Fernando"]
 - - - - -
OK, if you need another plane I can borrow a V-22 Osprey replica from a friend, and pilot it, though I warn y'all, I'm use to bush piloting.
[quote]
[\quote][\quote]
Alright, I may be a loner, or "loose Cannon" as you put it, but I'll let you, Fernando, call the primary shot's or will at least try to let you know before I try something stupid. :wink:
- - - - -  
Boeing's V-22 Osprey?
You know that the armed forces grounded those things because the prop shafts can snap off under light loads or when shifting flight modes. I would not give them to the Taliban or AlQuida in fear that they might crash on them! Sad to say- its a good design built wrong!
Dont worry, we'll go in class...
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
[quote]
Boeing's V-22 Osprey?
[\quote]
- - - - -  
A replica better built by small hands! Cheesy Gadget tested, Chip approved!
but I could in a pinch get use of a CL-84 "Dynavert" but the range and hauling capacity are not as good.
CCC
- - - - -  
[quote="DOS & Arik"]
Here are the twenty characters listed so far who are going on the mission. Let me know if I am missing anyone.
- - - - -  
CCC
(The AI bat is staying behind, just sending some tripods with. Besides, you forgot someone...)
Zipper: Bzz! Bzz bzzbzt bz!
"One final point. Does anyone have any particular objection to going to watch the second Fantastic Four film?"
The bat gets a series of blank looks. It shrugs. "The cinema database indicates that no less than three people from the Italian Embassy will be there, tomorrow evening. With a little bit of effort -" the bat vanishes, replaced by a crowd of ten rangers and rangerphiles; Arik, Fernando, Chip, Gadget, Dale, Hondo, Jeanette, Sinclair, Midnight, and DOS, all indistinguishable from the originals. All ten speak in chorus: "- I can ensure that the Embassy has proof that at least some of you were on these shores at least part of the time."
Sinclair
- - - - -  
[quote="Fernando"]
- - - - -  
Oh right then. I'm flying with someone else, as a pilot/co-pilot/gunner/passenger/whatever. But what planes would we take then? I propose Screaming Eagle II eight-seater Wink well, 'cause it has place for eight peoples and is armed. Any other suggestions?
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
Fernando suggested a 737-BBJ.
Annie Oakley
- - - - -  
Count me in on this fun.
I am now..........
The CHICK IN BLACK bwa haha
I love it when I get to waer my sunglasses!!!
How many guns can I bring? I'll bring my shoulder holster, belt buckle .22, and many more. And of course knives made out of non detectable materials. 8)
Fernando
- - - - -  
Annie walks through the metal detector...
*BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*
Closest guard to her asks (as others surround the area): Miss, mind you coming here with me?
Cautiously Annie walks over to the gaurd, where he takes a dectector paddle wand and goes over her with it. "You have a wired brazzire, metal garter belt clips, metal implants, so on and so forth?", the gaurd asks as the wand paddle goes off several times.
"Take off the belt please...?", another guard asks. Some behind the gaurd start to put on rubber gloves.
"We might have to body cavity search this one...", one can be heard whispering to another.
Knowing that the gun would be discovered, and not wanting to be cavity searched, Annie runs to the nearest street exit of the airport, and continues running to town.
Severe Weather Eddie
- - - - -  
Well, as I stated the other night on the chat, I won't be participating directly. This is partly due to the fact that work will keep me busy and less online than usual.
However, in one of my apparent continuing roles as the provider of insanely absurd amounts of firepower, I'm kinda-sorta present: my character (and associated crew) is aboard the American battleship USS Texas (the same ship used frequently in the Cafe Foyer) in the Mediterranean Sea as part of a NATO exercise (our cover story for being there.) We're way out in international waters, a couple hundred miles from Italy itself, but the Texas can be used as a base of operations (like, say, a helicopter launching pad) and could be eventually used to help escort Bink home after the mission (assuming success.)
While she cannot directly provide firepower for this particular mission (for obvious reasons) Texas will of course still be available for future missions.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
*Then Alex II and his 7 CIA Agents were on there Privet Plane that can't be Listed*
Alex II: Hay Airk We be following you in our privet plane this one can't be marke or seen by WSA or Italy Army too so this plane is Encriped
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
OOC: Eddie, the first mission, to rescue Bink, will be covert. We will gather intelligence, rescue Bink and leave. We as characters have no reason for staying based on the intelligence we gather during this mission. The second mission, if any, will be to rescue Claes. We will already receive all the intelligence we need for a second mission if we choose to accept it.
Spoiler: The second mission will require fire power. We will not be rescuing Claes from the Social Welfare Agency but from a terrorist cell.
DOS & Arik
- - - - -  
[quote="Charles_Roberts"]
*Then Alex II and his 7 CIA Agents were on there Privet Plane that can't be Listed*
- - - - -  
Alex II: Hay Airk We be following you in our privet plane this one can't be marke or seen by WSA or Italy Army too so this plane is Encriped
Before we pack to go to Italy, there is one other thing I need to know. I assume you will be bringing your own medical gear or do I need to bring an extra medical kit? Each medical kit is designed for eight people.
Charles_Roberts
- - - - -  
Alex II Show Arik his Medical Kit "Yea we bring one too
Hondo I. Sackett
- - - - -  
I have some duct tape, shop towels, and aspirin. that will fix most wounds and cut the pain a little. (well, at least that is what my real medical kit contains)
-End Page 09
- - - - -  

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6