Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 13th, 2024, 2:13am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
GsB 0b: To Live and Die in Italia. (Read 704 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

GsB 0b: To Live and Die in Italia.
Oct 22nd, 2012, 3:41pm

This is the journey Tammy takes to find her family begins. She will discover many things, some she will keep secret, some she will deliberately forget. Some, she never wished she learned.

Though not posted yet, it is finished in its initial writing. I'm comparing it the original GsB and am finding hundreds of mistakes with GsB to make it fit properly. I'm making some adjustments to make things line up, but scathing mistakes will be left alone.

• Like when Tammy was on the ship getting home, GsB has the cars laid out about the ship. But this is not possible since cars are shipped in shipping containers and she would she locked up in one of them. Thus this stays as is on both.

• Furthermore, unless its a rush delivery, most freighters travel less than 30MPH, making the trip three months or longer, though some ships do it in two. Anything done in days is done by aircraft.  So Tammy was in that ship for a very long time. The issue is that this length of time was not discussed in GsB or in the forum notes I have. This it will be kept at 90 days she was in that ship...

Note: In looking at GsB, though I posted about data and situations, people posted my character's actions without my permission and without consultation on how Fernando would act in a given situation. I took the reigns mid-way into the forum's third page, or Chapter 10. Though Fernando was written out of character many times by others, I did not complain one bit. So as for people at the cafe complaining about me taking their characters out of character, they should read my posts with an uninvolved eye and read the stories for what they are - stories - and not attempts to take characters out of character.

To Live and Die in Italia will be posted before the weekend. Enjoy.

-To those I gave out previews too... you have only 50% of the story and much of that has changed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: GsB 0b: To Live and Die in Italia.
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2012, 9:40pm

can't wait to see it all. I'm sure it'll be great as usual. Which out of characters are you talkin' about?

~ Hondo

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: GsB 0b: To Live and Die in Italia.
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2012, 7:31pm

Its 24 chapters long plus an intro. Posted for me by StepDaughter Rachel.

It is up on FF.net:

To Live and Die in Italia

Let me know if there are chapters missing.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1