Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 5:43am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
Preview of GsB III v2.0 (Read 1580 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Preview of GsB III v2.0
Jun 19th, 2008, 12:53pm

GSB III: A Normal Life In Abnormal Times.
(Much of this script is inaccessible to Glass House as to its nature of its existence.)

SPOILER:
In one of the many audience assembly chambers, inside the UN General Assembly Building, a crowd has been gathered for an award ceremony hosted by several nations for a tiny few. The UN Council speaker addresses the audience.

UN Speaker: Love is one of those emotions that can defined differently by all who are asked. But along with Love, there is Devotion for both Service and to one's fellow man. Today we are gathered here to honor those who have been went beyond the call of duty and worked diligently to the Devotion of their Service for the Love for their fellow man. Both Military and Civilian awards are being given, though such awards only cover what they have done, it does not describe the scope of their sacrifices. First set of awards will be given by the Italian Prime Minister.

The audience applauds loudly as the Italian Prime Minister approaches the podium. He starts to speak when it does down.

Italian Prime Minister: I am here to honor those who have given of themselves to the Service of our nation. In putting an end to the shipping routes of the drug smuggling terrorists, Italy has been able to win battles in the War Against Drugs and Terrorism. The first award I have here is for military personnel of other nations who have come to Italy's Aide in this war. The Italian Silver Medals goes to the crews of the US Mediterranean Naval Fleet, is being accepted by the commanding officers for their ships and crews Service:

(As each name is called, they come up to accept the award and wait besides the Prime Minister for all to arrive)

Italian Prime Minister (calling out the names): Fleet Admiral Ranger Ready- USS Enterprise, Captain E. Dixon - USS Texas, Captain L. Hale- USS Jacinto, Captain - USS Winston S. Churchill

Italian Prime Minister: There is one more name, whom without this work could not have been completed. Through hard work and sleepless nights of going over maps, data and intell that the underground routes had been discovered. It is with this discovery that made it possible to put an end to the drug shipments from outside our borders. The Silver Medal for Military Valor goes to this one person; Intelligence Naval Officer W.I. Rose.

The audience applauds loudly for one single name mentioned, as she walks up to the Prime Minister and accepts the award, then joins the others afterwards.

Italian Prime Minister: The next set of awards are for civilians who have come to serve on behalf of Italy's aid, by volunteering their Service, time and skills. It is without them this work could not have been started, researched, and completed. For Service up and beyond the call of duty, this Medal of The Grand Official of the Order of the Republic of Italy goes the following individuals:

(As each name is called, they come up to accept the award and wait besides the Prime Minister for all to arrive, opposite to the military personnel)

Italian Prime Minister: Sinclair, Midnight Man, CCC, and for the Rescue Rangers, Gadget Hackwrench-Maplewood.

The audience applauds loudly for one single name mentioned, as she walks up to the Prime Minister and accepts the award, then joins the others afterwards.

Italian Prime Minister: This next Medal of the President of the Italian Republic for continual work done to the Service of Italy by these three individuals. Along with it, they also receive honorary Italian citizenry and a monetary award of undisclosed value but enough for them to live comfortably when in our great nation. (the audience laughs momentarily, for such awards can as low as 2 million Euros).

(Each of the three names are called, they come up to accept the award and wait besides the Prime Minister for all to arrive, opposite to the military personnel)

Italian Prime Minister: Tammy G. and her sister Bink P. Squirrel, Alex II and Hondo I. Sackett.

The audience applauds momentarily as they walk onto the stage to gather their awards.

Italian Prime Minister: Lastly, the Commendatore of the Italian Republic goes posthumously to one who has given the greatest sacrifice for service to Italy. In unifying Italian and American agencies and military operations together, Fernando G. has done more for our great nation than anyone else in recently history. Alas, he would be assassinated at the end of his work, while in celebration of his newly-wed marriage to Tammy G., proving that such work done is not a safe one to undertake. There will always be bad-guys seeking to make a name for themselves, but that did not deter him from doing the tasks needed to be done. Most notably, he sought no reward for the job, no compensation for the time, energy and money spent. As I was told, all he wanted was to have the right thing done. Fernando G. is currently buried at the South Romano Cemetery; construction is underway for a much more appropriate monument in the Cemetery of Heroes in Northern Rome for him where he will never be forgotten. Here to accept this award is his daughter: Dr. Aiesha G.

Aiesha walks slowly across the stage to accept the award as the audience gives a standing ovation. She receives the award, shakes the Prime Minister's hand and then steps over to A lone spot between the two groups; where a single spot light shone. The audience continues with its ovation for another 2 minutes.

Italian Prime Minister: The next set of awards to be given will be from the Prime Minister of Slovenia.

The Italian Prime Minister walks off the stage, then followed by Aiesha, Tammy and Bink, Hondo and then the others. A few seconds later, the Slovenian Prime Minister approaches the podium.

Slovenian Prime Minister: Though it is through the actions of these people that our nation was attacked, it was not us who were targeted, but those evil individuals, their bases and their activities that were bombed out of existence. It is they who delved in illegal activities, immortal actions and terroristic morals who use borders to cross, hide from national authorities and disrupt peace keeping measures. In collaboration with the Italian and American governments did we mange to put a stop to this activity along the Slovenian/Italian borders. Alas, this does not put an end to the problem of international terrorism, but it sends them a message that such activities will not be taken lightly and that they can not use borders to hide. With names like Hydra, Onyx, Triad, The Black Hand, Padania/The 5 Republics, and Al Quida, these groups believe that they can operate above the laws of nations and think they are the creators of the laws of man. It is they who are to be stopped if we are to have world peace and universal understanding, and if it weren't for people like the ones being honored today, such evil would be more successful. I wish those who were up here did not sit down, for it is they who Slovenia is also honoring.

The audience applauds momentarily.

Slovenian Prime Minister: For military Service to Slovenia, The Order of Freedom of the Republic of Slovenia goes to the ships and crews of the American Mediterranean Fleet: Fleet Admiral Ranger Ready- USS Enterprise, Captain E. Dixon - USS Texas, Captain L. Hale- USS Jacinto, Captain - USS Winston S. Churchill.

They all walk up to the Slovenian Prime Minister, receive their awards, and stand to where they stood before.

Slovenian Prime Minister: Like before, The Silver Order of Freedom of the Republic of Slovenia goes to Intelligence Naval Officer W.I. Rose, for her hard work in isolating and protecting innocent lives from which the terrorists and criminals used to hide and protect themselves from a much more larger assault. It is because of her, no innocent life was killed in the bombardment of the criminal targets. Buildings, towns and roads destroyed in this raid can be rebuilt, but lives can not be replaced, thus I can not say more in this on how grateful we are that in her task- no innocent lives were lost.

The Slovenian Prime Minister signals to Rose to receive her award. The audience gives her an ovation as she walks onto the stage and receives her award.

Slovenian Prime Minister: These next two are The Order for Exceptional Service and The Order for Service in the military or security field, which both goes to one who has worked hard in conjunction with our military and local police departments in this task. It goes to Alex II.

The audience applauds momentarily as he walk onto the stage to gather his award.

Slovenian Prime Minister: These next awards: The Golden Order for Service Medals for civilian, diplomatic, and military/security fields goes to those who had worked in the detective work, sorting over evidence, looking over intell, and interrogating captured criminals. It is without them this work against those terrorist elements could not have been started. They are: Tammy G. and her sister Bink P. Squirrel, and Hondo I. Sackett.

The audience applauds momentarily as they walk onto the stage to gather their awards, and take their place beside the Slovenian Prime Minister, opposite of the military personnel.

Slovenian Prime Minister: This last set of awards, The Golden Order of Freedom
of the Republic of Slovenia and The Medal for Honorable Action, goes to the one who has given the ultimate sacrifice of the cause of life, liberty and safety to Slovenia and its people. To many he is a complete unknown, a face in a crowd of faces, but his actions speaks louder than words. It is without him that none of this would have been possible, and we are deeply sadden by his loss. Like in Italy, a monument will be erected in his honor, school children will remember his name and elders will speak of him as one who fought for our Service. We are a nation of several years in age, but we are a proud country. It is people like him that make one being a Slovenian proud. His daughter, Dr. Aiesha G., a medical professional in her own rite, will be accepting this award, which was just created for him: Fernando G. It is the highest honor that we can bestow.

Aiesha walks slowly across the stage to accept the award as the audience gives a standing ovation. She receives the award, shakes the Prime Minister's hand and then steps over to A lone spot between the two groups; where a single spot light shone. The audience continues with its ovation for another couple of minutes.

Slovenian Prime Minister: The next set of awards to be given will be from the President of the United States.

The Slovenian Prime Minister walks off the stage, then followed by Aiesha, Tammy and Bink, Hondo and then the others. A few seconds later, the President of the Unites States approaches the podium.

US President: Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great honor and pleasure that I stand here in front of you to honor those who had put themselves in great risk in the Service of others. They did not go to do thinking that this would be an easy job or an earned vacation, but because they saw their fellow world citizens in trouble and sought to help them. Nor did they think about rewards for their actions. They simply saw in what they thought was wrong and made it right. To them awards do not justify the means of their hard word and determination, but rather the concern and safety of the fellow man. In this act of selflessness, they have committed themselves into action when nobody else would. We are gathered here today to pay homage and tribute to them and their heroic deeds. To the Members Mediterranean fleet, the Bronze Star Medal is to be awarded to the ships, their captains and their crews. For her work in separating civilian personnel and property from terrorist targets and thus keeping civilian casualties and collateral damage to a minimum of zero, Naval Officer W.I. Rose will receive the Humanitarian Service Medal. To our CIA Operative, Alex II, he shall receive the Distinguished Intelligence Medal. Tammy G., Bink P. Squirrel and Hondo I. Sackett will all receive the Congressional Silver Medal. Lastly these two awards, Congressional Gold Medal and the Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded posthumously to Fernando G, given his daughter Dr. Aiesha G. This is nothing compared to the work that they had done in saving lives and dispelling evil and corruption, and have proven themselves as truly American. We should be so lucky to live out our lives within their shadows.

Though none of those mentioned went to get their Medals, the audience applauds as the president leaves the podium. The UN Council speaker then approaches the podium, and waits for the applauds to subside.

UN Speaker: Furthermore, though not a sanctioned UN mission, The United Nations have decree recognition of honor for his Service and will bestow the family of Fernando G. the Dag Hammarskjold Medal. Celebratory gathering and dinner will commence in the General Assembly chamber.

The UN Council speaker walks off the stage. Slowly the gathered crowd of dignitaries and press also start to leave. The others except for Hondo, Aiesha and Tammy, along with Bink, start to leave the auditorium. The four of them stay behind for a few moments looking at each other.

Hondo: Welcome home.
Tammy: If you can call it that.
Hondo: You have that feeling too?
Tammy: Yes.

The door in the rear opens up and a lone figure enters through it- a pale white female mouse with glasses and dark brunette hair. Her high heels hits the floor hard with each step she takes, making sure that her movements does not go unnoticed. She stops just a few rows away from them. They all had followed her with their eyes until she stops steps away from them.

Hondo: What is it you want Misao?
Misao: Aren't you all going to the party that is held in your honor?
Hondo: Why should I? The one person who all this is for is not here, and no one else on or off this planet can replace him.
Misao: But this was all a team effort.
Hondo: Think about it. Fernando saved Tammy and Bink from their murder attempt. Fernando organized the SWA and the United States Armed Forces into taking positive action. Fernando made sure that all of here would be standing today. So what team effort was there? It was all him.
Misao: There is no 'I' in Team.
Tammy: There is an 'M' and an 'E' for 'ME', as he had once told me.
Misao: I see. And you Doctor Aiesha, you agree with them?
Aiesha: I don't have to agree with anyone or anything. All I know is that these people are my friends and I want to be with my friends. You however, are not, so I would advise you to leave us be.
Misao: Is that supposed to be a threat of some kind?
Aiesha: Take it as you like. Since you claim to know when will be your last day on Earth, do you know what condition your condition before that day will be? I wonder what injuries you will take to the grave. Then again, I might be the one that does your autopsy, so I already know.
Misao: Already know?
Aiesha: Come now, you believe that my father would not pass his time-travel secrets to his only daughter?
Misao: He didn't.
Aiesha: You ever wonder how or why your life is to well scripted? The answer has been staring at you through dark glasses, and yet you refuse to acknowledge that part of your past to yourself. So if you think you know, then you know what is the next words to come out of your mouth.
Hondo/Tammy/Aiesha: In your quest to take over the world, you have left too many openings for others to take advantage of.
Misao: I did not want to take over the world.
Hondo/Tammy/Aiesha: A famous rich man that has everything but the one thing he desires. That one thing is power. Power over others. Power to control. Power to manipulate, to take charge of the people, things and events around them.
Aiesha: Fernando would not have wanted power, money or fame.
Misao: Fernando was nothing more than a power hungry...
Aiesha: I would advise you to shut up. That's my father you are talking about.
Tammy: I am telling you to shut up as well, for he was my husband. And like Aiesha stated, he did not wanted power, money or fame. All he wanted was 1 thing- to be happy with his life. And we were to live that life as best as possible.
Misao: How could you be married to him, he was dead before you two married.
Tammy: We were married before the ceremony. The wedding was just for show to the rest of the Rangers as proof that he cared about me as much as I did him. You can go on about your Almighty Glass House, but you do not realize that while you are looking at one aspect of the Glass house, something else is going on in another part of it.
Misao: It is true that I may be blind to his actions, but if I knew, I would have done something to stop it, and ultimately saved him.
Hondo: Misao- you failed.
Aiesha: And we do not want you here around us... Ever.
Tammy: Go out and play with your Atlantean minions. You have no friends here.
Misao: Why, I never.
Hondo: In Fernando's words- maybe you should every once in a while, and just maybe you might like it. Now if you don't mind- respect our privacy, and leave.
Misao: Hmph!

Misao turns around and starts to walk away. They follow her with their eyes until she leaves the large auditorium. Hondo then raises his left arm to chest height, pulling up on his sleeve, exposing a PAW 721-Unit, which was running the Temporal Gateway program in the back ground. Activating it, he inputs the several passwords that it requests, and then a flash of light appears, and Fernando stands among them when the light fades. He takes a deep breathe as they all look at him.

Aiesha: Everything alright, father?
Fernando: Still not used to that.
Tammy: Fernando, do you remember us?
Fernando: Just barely. I mean, no hard feelings against you, I need time to get over the headaches, and commotion of associated emotions to events that 'I' was not there for.
Hondo: You're lucky that she can not sense you.
Fernando: She? Who?
Hondo: Misao
Fernando: You mean the Goddess Shiva- the destroyer of worlds.
Hondo: Is she really a god?
Fernando: She is an individual with so much power, it would make the gods jealous. But she is still mortal, and this there lies her flaw.
Aiesha: Power?
Fernando: Power, as in the ability to believe that she can control the future by altering the past. That takes the Time Traveler's creed and dams it into the worst possible exuberance of selfish actions.
Tammy: If you could, would you?
Fernando: Don't you think that I have tried at least once?
Tammy: I thought you would say something like that.
Hondo: Lets go, they are waiting for us.

Fernando raises his right arm and lifts up the sleeves, exposing a Paw 3000 device on it, with a Temporal Portal program running on it.

Fernando: They are waiting for you. I got a date with a bed and a few aspirin tablets.
Aiesha: Father- don't take too much. It can do more harm than good.
Fernando: I already know that. Look. I'll be in the party, playing ghost, and put myself in every picture being taken there. Let it be something for the conspiracy theorists argue over for the next 50 or years. Let the believers think that the UN is haunted by my ghost. Either way, I am going to rest first before I do anything.
Tammy: Want somebody to watch over you?
Fernando: Not this time...

Fernando leans over to Tammy and kisses her on the forehead. He then takes a step back, putting his left hand on the PAW device and disappears in a flash of light. Hondo looks at his Paw device.

Hondo: According to this, he should be back in another hour and a half.
Aiesha: Good. We got a party to crash.
Tammy: Crash? Isn't this our party?
Hondo: Well ladies, lets go to the Porsche and drop off our prizes before the fun and games begin.
Aiesha: Now that is a good Idea.

The four of them walk to the elevators and take one down 10 levels to the UN Underground garage where the Porsche was stored. Once there, they put their awards into the rear hatch/trunk area, placing them neatly within the car before going back upstairs to the General Assembly area where the party awaits them. In a few moments if walking around trying to find the place, they make it to the General Assembly Area, which had been converted to a large dining and party area. Dignitaries, ambassadors, agency head from governments world wide were there, along with members from the SWA, The Rescue Rangers, and Fernando's little group. Waiting at the door for Tammy was Marco with his cyborg Angelica. He approaches them once he sees her enter through the door with the others.

Marco (giving Tammy a hug): I thought you would never come.
Tammy (as Marco slowly pulled away): I thought about it.
Marco: Why? All this is for you. And to believe that you were one of the agency's worst Fratello teams.
Tammy: Worst because I wont shot my gun and take my life outright? Marco, you should know better- I wont take a life outright like that, nor will I allow Bink to do the same. But if I have to defend myself, then I will. This killing that you and the agency do has to stop.
Marco: You know that the agency deal with Italy's most dangerous people who believe them to be above the law. Arresting them is not enough, they have to be eliminated.
Tammy: Don't you think I know that? But there has to be a better way.
Marco: Like I told you before, once you figure out how, you let me now. Now, about this party... its so hard to believe that all this is for you.
Tammy: It is not just for me, it is for Hondo and Fernando as well. They are the ones who figured out all the pieces, and found the international drug trade routes for us. Without them, we would still be fighting off LSD crazed addicts in the streets of Rome.
Marco: So hard to believe that a simple drug ring infiltration mission turned into all this. Well, congrats. I'll be around if you need me.

Marco starts to walk away with Angelica.

Aiesha: What was that about?
Tammy: Just job related crap.
Aiesha: If I did not know any better...
Tammy: You do, and yes, he's been 'more friendlier' since Fernando's funeral.
Aiesha: I thought he was trying to hit on you.
Tammy: Furthermore, even though the SWA and the Fratello teams all got Italian awards of their own, some are a bit jealous about what I'm receiving, blaming it on beginner's luck.
Aiesha: I would not worry about it. Like you said- they are all jealous.
Hondo: Only problem is, you and Bink are now internationally celebrities, and the world organized crime syndicates would want to get their claws on you.
Tammy: I cant let that scare me. I have to continue on with life as best as I can, and be prepared for the worst.
Hondo: Its good to think that way.
Aiesha: Shall we separate?
Tammy: No. Lets stay together, so if somebody start asking questions, at least we can back each other up.
Aiesha: Well, least go attack the food table.
Tammy: Good idea, lets go.
Hondo: Its about time!

They walk to the food table and look over the various things it had to offer: American dishes, Italian meals, and Slovenian cooked foods. There were other foods from around the world as well, but in smaller portions than the other 3. It seemed a bit too much but the floor had over 575 people on it, half of them world ambassadors from all over. Hondo managed to pick out some roast beef and ribs with BBQ sauce, mashed potato, corn on the cob and some vegetables, with a bit of corn bread on the side. Tammy got a plate of fancy pasta for her and Bink with vegetables and beef on the side. Aiesha took a plate of a little of everything, with all taking to a can of soda each. They take to their table to sit down and eat. Their meal would not be as peaceful as they would have hoped, as Misao came to the table with the Japanese Emperor in tow.

Misao: Here they are (pointing them out): Dr. Aiesha G.- daughter of Fernando G., Hondo I. Sackett- who worked beside him during the case, and Tammy G.- formerly Tammy Squirrel. She married Fernando just after the case mission was over, shortly before his assassination. She was the one who discovered the LSD Terror plot.
Hondo (whispering to Misao): This is uncalled for!
Japanese Emperor (bows down to them): I am glad to meet you all.
Aiesha: So are we.
Japanese Emperor: I was hoping to meet with you, in hopes to have you come to Japan and help out with our problem with the Yakusa unifying resources and forces with the Triads. You will be given unlimited resources and be greatly rewarded for success of your work.
Tammy: We will have to think about that. Do not get us wrong, but we still are in mourning.
Japanese Emperor: I am deeply sorry for the intrusion then.
Tammy: No, don't be. You did not know, and its no insult to us. But, this is not a good time. I'm sure Misao can give you our contact information, and you can get back to us in about 60 days or so?
Japanese Emperor: It would be my pleasure.
Tammy: Arigato Emperor-wan.
Japanese Emperor: Domo Arigato, Tammy-san.

The Japanese Emperor then bows and starts to walk away, leaving Misao behind with the others.

Hondo: What was the meaning of that?!!
Misao: Its exactly what he said. You help solve Italy's drug problem, in fact, that little stunt cleaned up the drug market for much of southern Europe. Why not do the same with Asia. Japan is a powerful ally to have on your side...
Hondo: You're just pimping us out!
Misao: You misunderstand. People with your abilities should use it to help save the world from its problems.
Hondo: Don't you think we would like some time to rest?
Tammy: The both of you, Enough! Misao, don't be getting ideas into that pretty little head of yours. We want to be left alone for the undetermined time being. Nor do I care about Japan or any other nation and its problems they can not solve themselves.
Misao: But you would be making the world a better place.
Aiesha: A better place for whom? Its not secret that the Japanese Emperor descended from the original Atlantean refugee group you put on Earth 10,000 years ago. So what will it be- Atlanteans or Terrians.
Misao: They have been Terrians for over 10,000 years.
Aiesha: And the fossil records show that we have been around for over 35million years. They are the foreigners, transplanted from another planet from another star system, nor do I care for them. Neither did Fernando. They are supposed to be on their home world planet running their society with their technologies as they see fit by now. Not be in competition with us for resources which were ours by evolutionary rights!
Tammy: Just because they are mice does not mean that they are loving and caring of you because you are a mouse. You are just a means to an end for them, its that you have yet to see that.
Misao: So is that it-mice versus squirrels?
Hondo: Don't go there, miss. I'm a mouse.
Bink: Can I shoot her, Tammy?

Misao looks at Bink who has both her hands under the table, with her gun out of its hidden holster and aimed at her leg. Misao tries to laugh it off, thinking that nothing will happen, although there is a 50 percent chance that what ever happens would go against her script.

Tammy: Bink- put that gun away!
Bink: Awww.
Tammy: Just do what I say, I don't want trouble in this place!
Bink: But the mean mouse lady looks like a threat.
Tammy: She is nothing that I cant handle.
Bink: OK.

Tammy turns to Misao once she sees Bink putting away her gun.

Tammy: Consider yourself lucky that Bink is willing to ask questions before pulling the trigger. Now Misao, for the second time, we wish to be left alone. There wont be a third time.
Misao: Don't count on it. Many here want you to work for them in dealing with their problems. To them, you are a god-send.
Tammy: Then send the Rescue Rangers to work for them. I'm sure that Chip would love to get rewards for leading the Rangers into action. You see where it got Fernando...
Misao: This is all above the Rangers' abilities to do good.
Tammy: Above their ability to do good? Why, because people need to be killed off? Is that it?
Aiesha: I would advise you to turn that mouse tail of yours around and start walking away, Miss.
Hondo: We are not here for the rewards nor for the fight, Misao. Now for the last time, stop being disrespectful and leave us in peace.
Bink: Or be carried away in pieces.

They all look at Bink.

Tammy (still looking at Bink): You heard her Misao- leave or I'll sic Bink on you.
Misao: We will meet again. There is something going on here and I am going to find out what it is.

They all look at her for the moment she stands there. Misao then turn around and walks away.

Hondo: What an arrogant bitch, I swear!
Aiesha: I bet you would do her though.
Hondo: I would not do her the favor if I was skunk-drunk and my life depended in it, I would rather die with the bottle in front of me.
Tammy: Who would do her the favor?
Aiesha: No body from this planet, that's for sure.
Tammy: Figures. I bet she has an Atlantean lover somewhere.
Aiesha: I would not be surprised if she tried to hit on father.
Tammy: She would not dare.
Aiesha: Why not? She wants control over everything and everyone around her. And Fernando is the one thing that eludes her every time. I bet she creams her panties in just the frustration alone.
Hondo: A tight ass like that will only spit out diamonds if you shove coal into it.
Tammy: You been looking at her ass? Ewww...
Hondo: Its an expression- a tight ass, meaning someone who constantly has to squeeze down upon their control in order to keep it. Frankly, If I want to get on that ass of her, I hope I'm driving a mac truck, and hauling a double trailer load when I run her over.
Tammy: And I thought you had had such feelings reserved for Rose.
Hondo: Lets say that I'm an equal opportunity hater. Besides, I'm already over Rose. Its unhealthy to hate so much against somebody who was a friend.
Aiesha: But for Misao?
Hondo: If I knew how to run this time doo-hickey of Fernando's, I would leave her stuck in the far out distant past with nothing more than the silk underwear on her ass and a pack of hungry lions around her.
Aiesha: Ha! That's father's test for intelligence!
Hondo: And she would fail it.
Tammy: Who could pass it?
Hondo (leaning over to Tammy): Tammy- I'll let you in on a little secret... (he whispers into her ear as to what the answer is).
Tammy: Oh... OH! That's it?!!

Both Aiesha and Hondo nods at her, and then smile. Tammy begins to laugh. They then continue on with their meal in a more joyful mood.

At the far end of the room was Chip and Dale with the male contingents of the Rangers, surrounded by several dignitaries. As always, Chip was bragging about events that he was not even part of. Dale and the others stood around proud, nodding to every word Chip had said.

Chip: And there we were, hiding in the trees along the Slovenian border, tracking the drug shipping trucks as they crossed into Italy. With little more than just our bare eyes in the darkness of early morning- 3AM, we had to get descriptions of the trucks, of their drivers and passengers, and license plate numbers. I wanted to set a trap to slow them down, but was ordered not too because it might cause them to take another route if they find their current boobey trapped.

A bright flash of light appeared behind the group of dignitaries, but with so many camera flashes going on, no one seemed to notice. Somebody makes their way towards Chip, that someone being Fernando. Once Fernando makes his way to Chip, he puts his arm around Chip's shoulder.

Fernando: Tell me Chip, (handing out dated photographs to the dignitaries of Chip laying in a hospital bed in a coma) How could you have done all this while laying down on a hospital bed in an LSD induced Coma. In fact, if it were not for the actions of Dr. Aiesha G. and the cure that Fernando G. had found, you would still be there in that bed right now...
Chip: You're Not Fernando- Who Are You?!!
Fernando: Ah, Chip, still a non-believer... Well, you know there is a place in the afterlife for liars, braggarts and non-believers... Ladies and Gentlemen, this 'munk got you had. He was never in Italy, was not part of the mission that we are here celebrating their heroes, but If you want to know who was- (pointing to Gadget who was in a black dress at the far end of the room), You can talk to the little lady over there, she was part of the mission and overseen all Rescue Ranger activities thereof. (slapping Chip on the back of the head) And not this idiot who is feeding you lies.

With a bright flash of light, Fernando disappears from view. The dignitaries all looked at Chip angrily, though confused as to what happened, but taking what was said as fact. They walked away from him, heading towards Gadget.

Naval Officer Rose, Admiral RangerReady23, and the captains of the Mediterranean Fleet were together with military dignitaries from other countries at another part of the room. The Admiral was doing much of the talking. As he told his story, a bright flash of light appeared behind the group, and Fernando made his way through them to the Admiral.

Admiral Ranger Ready: Once we gathered the spy satellite intell, we devised a bombing raid to eliminate the targets. I was sitting on the command chair giving out the orders to fire...
Fernando: Oh, did you now?
Admiral Ranger Ready: FERNANDO!
Fernando: That me...
Admiral Ranger Ready: You're supposed to be dead!
Fernando: I am. But I'm here to make sure that a few things are corrected. First of all... (Reaching the newly received medals on his chest and then ripping them off). These are not for you. (He hands them over to Captain Dixon and to Naval Officer Rose.) Second of all- While The USS Texas, USS Jacinto and the USS Winston S. Churchill were conducting the bombing raid, you had the USS Enterprise hiding at the Strait of Gibraltar. Why is that? Did not want the Enterprise to be connected with this mission in case it went wrong? And lastly, You did not gather the intell, that was hard work done by CIA Agent Alex II and his colleagues, Naval Officer Rose and the Squirrel Android CCC; while Captain Dixon here took charge of the fleet operations for the mission, handled the gathered intell, and planned and conducted the bombing run while you played hide the Enterprise. So Admiral... don't be taking credit from those who properly earned it. It is quite obvious that it was not you, your ship or your crew.

With a bright flash of light, Fernando disappears from view. The dignitaries all looked at Admiral Ranger Ready with disgust and then turned their attention to Captain Dixon, Naval Officer Rose and the other captains who were there. Admiral Ranger Ready walked away as he was ignored.

Another bright flash of light appeared by the food table. The food server behind the table had to do a double take as Fernando stood there in front of the table, picking up a plate and some utensils to eat with. Fernando looks around.

Fernando (pointing at an item): Oooo, is that Mako Shark Sushi?

The food server nods nervously.

Fernando: Pile it on! And that-tuna Sushi, and the salmon sushi too! (then he moves further down the table.) Yeah, dump some of the ravioli this way... and Oh yeah... Roast Beef... hand that over too. Yeah, when I get back to heaven, I must compliment the bull on how tasty his flesh was. And those short ribs- Pile it on!!!

The food server had a wide-eyed expression of uncertainty and disbelief on him upon hearing that. Fernando grabs a bottle of wine and a glass, despite the protests of the drink server who tried to reach to retrieve it back. Instead, Fernando disappears in a flash of light. The two servers then looked at each other and then fainted.

Fernando reappears at Tammy, Hondo, and Aiesha's table. He places his food down before taking his seat.

Aiesha (reaching over to hug him): Father!
Fernando: Its always 'father' when its something serious and 'daddy' when you want something.
Aiesha: I know, I'm sorry...  
Hondo: What are you doing here?
Fernando: Eating.
Hondo: But, the others will see you!
Fernando (pouring the wine into his glass): Since I've been playing ghost with the crowd, most already have.
Tammy: Alright, what have you been doing?
Fernando (as he starts to eat): Did you know that both Chip and Admiral Ranger Ready were trying to take credit away from the others here to make themselves look good?
Tammy: No you didn't!
Fernando: Had too. They were making the others, including you 3, look bad. So I had to straighten out the truths they had dished out. (throws a Mako Shark Sushi into his mouth) Mmm... that is good!
Hondo: What did you say?

It takes a while for Fernando to enjoy the sushi.

Fernando: A little tough, but not bad.
Hondo: Well?
Fernando: In Chip's case- end the fact that he said he was in charge and in the field when his stinking tail was bed-ridden in the hospital from the LSD Poisoning induced coma he was in.
Tammy: And Admiral Ranger Ready?
Fernando: He was telling the international military officers of how he gathered the intell and conducted the bombing raid.
Tammy: But you did all that!
Fernando: And I set them straight on that fact, along with while he was hiding the Enterprise at Gibraltar, Captain Eddie and the others were the ones who stayed behind and did the bombing raid. To add injury to insult, I ripped the medals he received today off his fat chest and handed them over to Rose and Eddie.
Tammy: You didn't!
Hondo: She don't deserve any of it.
Fernando: Relax Hondo. She deserves something for her hard work. Just because you two did not work out does not mean that she should be denied the fruits of her labor. About that, You two should learn how to be friends again, or you will end up having an ex-from-hell. Believe me, you don't want that.
Aiesha: Listen to him, Hondo. You don't want that.
Hondo: Hmph...
Fernando: Don't get indignant on my behave. You two have the rest of your lives to work out your differences, although how long that time is remains to be seen.
Aiesha: What do you mean by that?
Fernando: Nothing. But if one day I tell you to evacuate to the Italian safe houses- do so without delay.
Tammy: You know something but cant tell us?

Fernando nods. He continues eat  

Fernando: So, now your lives are set into stone. Anything and everything you do now will be financially taken cared of by other, unfortunately, they are going to want something in return.
Tammy: Misao already tried.
Aiesha: Yeah- twice.
Fernando: Figures.
Hondo: She wanted us to work for the Japanese Emperor in dealing with his Yucky-saw and Triangle problem...
Fernando: Uhm... that's Yacusa and Triads- one is the Japanese Mafia, the other is Chinese. Alone, they are a bigger problem than what we dealt with. Together, they are a major world wide threat.
Hondo: Bigger than the LSD traffickers we dealt with?
Fernando: Bigger. Consider that the Chinese population right now is 2.13 billion people, and if 1/1000000th of that is in organized crime, its a million times more than the few number of goons we had to deal with.
Hondo: No way we can handle that!
Fernando: Especially when they have wormed their way into governments and major corporations, it's a major undertaking. Hmmm...
Tammy: You're not thinking of doing that, are you?
Fernando: I'm not a fool, but I'll talk to a few 'friends' about this and lets see what happens.
Hondo: Friends?
Fernando: Lets say that I have saved a few people's lives that were better off left alone to rot in the gutters from which they were found. But this would strictly be an intell gathering mission. Nothing more.
Hondo: Why?
Fernando: You want an Atlantean Space Battle Cruiser orbiting over your house with targeting scanners on it? That is what we would have to deal with if either group is going beyond their means for power. But enough of that. I will deal with it. You guys will have smaller international stuff to sort through and look over. Tammy- how is Bink doing?
Tammy: Bink? She's fine. Why?
Fernando: Got enough medication for her?
Tammy: 1/2 a year's supply worth.
Fernando: Good. Bink- if you don't feel good- tell Tammy immediately.
Bink: Yes, sir.

Fernando and the others finish off their meals without disturbance. Fernando then disappears afterwards, reappearing back at his home in his tree. Admiral Ranger Ready leaves early, being unable to undo the correction that Fernando had done, just short of turning him into a laughing stock. The rip on his naval jacket only adds to his insult. Chip keeps a very low profile as the dinner and party continues into the night. Though the Italian and Slovenian Prime Ministers were in attendance, the US President was not, leaving the task to the US Ambassador.

The party ended at about 1AM, but Hondo and the girls left early at 11:30, using Bink's bed time as an excuse to leave. They arrive at Fernando's tree just before Midnight. Hondo waits for the girls to enter Fernando's tree first before going off to his room at the café. He puts away his awards before laying on his bed, for sleep did not come for him during the night.

Aiesha, Tammy and Bink walk into the living room, putting the awards on the coffee table as to be sorted out later. They sit down on the furniture, taking off their shoes.

Tammy: Bink, You can sleep in the guest room upstairs.
Bink: Where will you be?
Tammy: I need to talk with Fernando.
Bink: Uhm...
Tammy: What?
Bink: How can he be Fernando if Fernando was killed in Italy?
Tammy: Its along story, Bink. I'm not sure how to explain it other that it is.
Bink: Are you married to this Fernando?
Tammy: That is what I need to talk to him about.
Bink: Maybe I should be there, in case there is a fight.
Tammy: No, don't worry yourself about that. Fernando cares a lot for me, and he would not hurt me.
Bink: But that is not the same Fernando...
Tammy: Bink-go upstairs.

Bink does as she was told, taking one of the upstairs bedrooms that were there for friends and guests.

Aiesha: That was not nice.
Tammy: But it was necessary.
Aiesha: Has to be a better way in dealing with this.
Tammy: Don't you think I wished it were?
Aiesha: Tammy?

Tammy just sighs.

Aiesha: Even though this Fernando seems to care for you, he may not love you.
Tammy: Don't you think I know that? It hurts, you know.
Aiesha: I know why you want to see him. I just have to say that its too early to do this.
Tammy: How do you know what I want to do.
Aiesha: Because I want to too, but as his daughter, not his wife or lover like you.

Tammy sighs again.

Aiesha: He needs his space and time for now. He has to deal with the temporal psychosis headaches, get things in order inside his head, line up memories and the emotions tied to them so that he can continue as the Fernando we all know and love. And maybe, just maybe, we will have him back. But right now, if you try to sleep with him, you might set him into a negative spin on his recovery.
Tammy: I want to just know that he still loves me, that's all!
Aiesha: He does Tammy. Believe me he does.
Tammy: Then why wont he say or show it?
Aiesha: Because his memories and emotions are not aligned. That kiss he gave you earlier, shows that he cares. Accept that for what its worth.
Tammy: I need more than just a kiss on the forehead, Aiesha.
Aiesha: I know, Tammy. Now just let him heal. OK?

Aiesha gets up and starts walking to her room. Tammy sits alone in the living room. After a while, Tammy reaches over under the sofa and pull on a handle, converting the sofa into a bed. Taking a blanket and pillow from a nearby closet, Tammy takes off her clothes and places them on a nearby chair before retiring under the blankets in just her underwear. Sleep for her came slowly, but it was not a restful one for her.

In the distance, somebody pulls a camera with a lone tele-photo lens away from their face as the lights in Fernando's tree house goes out. She looks at the tree with her unaided eyes.

Misao: Something funny is going on there.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: Preview of GsB III v2.0
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2008, 1:18am

Nice!

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt