Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 7:07am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 
A letter to Indy. (Read 4645 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

A letter to Indy.
Jun 18th, 2008, 2:24pm

This is the text of the second PM I sent to Dr.Indy at the cafe. It is obvious that he is not listening.

You have told all those involved almost a 1/2 a year ago that Gunslinger Girl X CDRR stories would not be allowed in the cafe because of its nature and content. You gave the group a chance to move it and we are greatful that you did.

But Jeanette has been up in arms about this because neither Arik or her have been able to control it like they have had in other people's story threads.

I find Jeanette's character of Misao, Laine and DOS to be nothing more than god-characters created to control a story to go their way. She has taken over and twisted stories about with them, and frankly I am sick and tired of it. And yes, I have spoken to her about it until I was blue in the face.

It is because of her that I limit my access to the story board, as she once had me rewrite entire passages of entries I wrote to satisfy her; but with a warning that she would never be able to do that to me again.

Now she has turned to you and have asked you to relinquish the ban of GsG genre over to her, and you gave her an OK to it- despite that number of NO's you and the rest of the admin staff gave to to me and the GsG/GsB group in the past. That cries of favoritism and hypocracy in my eyes.

If she wants to write such a story, there are outlets such as Fanfiction.com that would accept it. Frankly, the discussion on the chatroom is that no one in the original GsG/GsB group wants to see her do it on the cafe for the reasons stated above. You- the admin staff banned us and warned us to not release another GsG/GsB story into the cafe story board; it would be highly unfair that you would go above said warnings and give her free riegn to do what we cant.

Then again, this is YOUR Forum.

-Fernando.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: A letter to Indy.
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2008, 3:51pm

what do you expect? did you get the note I forwarded to you?

Hondo

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2008, 8:35pm

Yes I got it.
Got connection issues at home, so I might not be online from home later tonight, but I will try.

View Profile   IP Logged
Soda
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2008, 8:51pm

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having there, Fernando.  It does seem unfair that you would be denied the right to distribute Gunslinger Girl × CnDRR fiction on the Acorn Cafe, while Jeanette is granted that same right.

I will admit that I have written to Indy many times regarding his rulings, to my detriment, so I am unsure if his reaction will be favourable.  Perhaps Indy will listen to you, though.  Please let us know how you go.  Good luck, and take care! Smiley

IP Logged
Campisi
Newbies
Seattle

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2008, 3:59am

Framwinkle (trust me, if anyone is wearing the pants in the admin family at the Cafe, it's Fram) probably figured that Jeanette would be a bit less fiery and difficult to control.

I have now waved goodbye to the chipped mug of capless and corporate-logoed biros and rollerballs on my desk, and in their place the Cross resides alone, a writing weapon to be taken seriously, a latter-day Excalibur (though mightier, obviously, because it's a pen) that I shall wield daily in my tireless quest for legible, joined-up truth.
View Profile WWW Campisi+the+Bat   IP Logged
Soda
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:24am

What sort of content caused the problem at the Acorn Cafe in the first place?  I don't know exactly what happened, but if you're ever looking for new places to share your stories, you may find a good audience at Chip 'n' Dale Online.  From my perception of the Acorn Cafe and their rules, we seem a little more relaxed at Chip 'n' Dale Online, and as such it might be another good place to post some of your works. Smiley

IP Logged
Campisi
Newbies
Seattle

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2008, 5:59pm

Quote from Soda on Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:24am:
From my perception of the Acorn Cafe and their rules, we seem a little more relaxed at Chip 'n' Dale Online, and as such it might be another good place to post some of your works. Smiley

It doesn't have that same Big Brother feel as the Cafe, that's for sure.

I have now waved goodbye to the chipped mug of capless and corporate-logoed biros and rollerballs on my desk, and in their place the Cross resides alone, a writing weapon to be taken seriously, a latter-day Excalibur (though mightier, obviously, because it's a pen) that I shall wield daily in my tireless quest for legible, joined-up truth.
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2008, 7:36pm

The Cafe's majority of members are over the age of 18, making them law abiding adults in most nations, including the USA.

But... the cafe's administration treats everyone there like they are kids, and scold them at times without warning or heresay. It is an issue that has always irked me since the beginning, and the only reason I joined is because somebody started using my persona and character, and doing so out of character. I had to straighten that out and a tone of Fernandoisms. No other reason would reason would I even consider joining a place like that!

Lets just say I like me too damn much!

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2008, 1:14am

some one has to, Fernando! Tongue

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Campisi
Newbies
Seattle

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2008, 4:49am

Quote from Fernando on Jun 26th, 2008, 7:36pm:
The Cafe's majority of members are over the age of 18, making them law abiding adults in most nations, including the USA.

But... the cafe's administration treats everyone there like they are kids, and scold them at times without warning or heresay.

... And it's only gotten worse since that chan "invasion" thing that as far as I can tell did very little to no actual damage to anything. It's almost like a Reichstag Fire...

Pages: 1 2