Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 7:07am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
The Value Of Life (Read 940 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

The Value Of Life
Feb 11th, 2008, 1:49am

Well, of all things that I do in life, life saving seems to be a pasttime for me. Somehow I can not figure out how or why I end up in these situations, but it happens, and I end up sticking it out to drag out somebody from the brink of destruction. And for what? Trouble?

Friday night I received an IM from a friend who was worried about an online friend of hers who stated several things, first starting with 'You were one of the few nicest people to me, so I want to tell you goodbye...' to 'Bitch- I Told You To Leave Me Alone!'

Well, its out that the Suicider is a 19yo male, says he lives in Virgina. Reason for his outcry of self destruction- his girlfriend 'left him.'

First I tried to be cordial about it. Be nice, find out what it is that crawled up his ass and is biting him hard. He was not nice about it. So, step two- make him feel guilty about all his friends (who are IMing me at this time) would be deeply sadden if he did kill himself. Step two-B, showing that he is beyond the pain and is able to continue.

Thats when he became biligerant on his comments, threatened me with bodilly harm and death. At this point, I went for the juggular: Told him off that what he is going through is small in comparison to what I went through in life, and that every man has to go through at least 1 heart ache in his life, and will proabably go through more. Then I told him that he was not man enough to go through with life because only cowards take the easy way out.

Dead silence on his end for 10 minutes.

His following posts was of him being appologetic, and seeking knowledge on how to deal with it. I gave him what I did in my time and explained that he should find his way to deal with it.

Then came the bell ringer; reason why she broke up with him was that she told him that he 'raped' her. She was one of the 'friends' IMing me to help this idiot out.

Long story short- on his POV, they have been going out for years, and that they are sexually active for quite some time. This 'rape' happened on the first time that they did it, and that she kept rubbing it in his face. This did not sit right with me, because if she was 'raped', why is he not in jail, why are they still dating, and most of all, why are they still sexually active with each other? I pointed out these facts to him. He was like... 'Duh... I DONT KNOW!'

Her POV: She says that it was rape, even though she was a willing participant, because it was rushed, and it did not turn out the way she wanted it to be. Where was the romance? The fireworks? The Orchestral music? Yeah, she dropped her panties for him, but she was not woman enough to admit to him that it was an awful time for her. I had to tell her off for that one. All she wanted was an appology and acknowledgement for what happened. I told her that at this point of time- its overdue and overdrawn. Its not going to happen, especially since it happened a couple of years ago!

I had to tell him what she wanted. I had to tell her - 'Isn't his suicide enough?'

There is more. oK, he's 19. Not in college, dont have a job, living of the parents home. I had to tell him to fix up his life because no female, no matter how devoted, will continue a relationship with a slob.

Looks like, according to his friends, he went to an airforce recriuter and asked about joining.
The End?

We will have to see about that.
Its definately not 'Happily Ever After', not yet anyways. At least he is not going to off himself.

Back to my friend- I had to explain to her, why have such 'loser firneds'? People who are serious about killing themselves, just do it. People who put up a show, dont. As you can see, this was already predetermined a long time ago.

My feelings on all this? I dont care.
I saved lives for a living, and looks like it is now a past time.
But most importantly, knowing the difference and doing what has to be done about it.
Looks like my training has yet to fail me once again.
I like where I am in my life, despite all the bad thinigs that are going on right now. For me things will improve, just have to wait for it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: The Value Of Life
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2008, 8:33pm

good on ya! It can be rewardin' but stressful, I imagine. and it is true, your past helps you relate to others in trouble and for some, they see they are not in it that bad after all. Keep up the hero work!

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1