Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:28am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1 2 
Time Capsule (Read 5332 times)
Jeanette
Experianced

Time Capsule
Oct 19th, 2018, 12:27pm

I have a thought I want to bring to the discussion table. If it were possible to open a time capsule from the future, twenty years or more, would you want to know what is in it?

Related question: If you could send a time capsule fifty to a hundred years in the past, what would you put in it?

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: Time Capsule
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2018, 6:04pm

Time Capsules are made by those who want those in the future to remember them and their history. Thus they tend to stuff them with technology they use, their recent history and current events (Newspapers/magazines are often found in them), and names of officials and community/political leaders of the area and time.

Now, why wold one from the future send a Time Capsule from their time into the past? Answer that question and you answer your own questions.

But lets take a case, which some say is real, and others deny it ever happened. In the late 70s NASA and other world Astronomical and Space Agencies picked up a signal from the "far end of the Andromeda Galaxy." lets pretend it did happen and follow that they say happened.

This message was encoded in a mathematical formula that creates a "universal pictorial  language of icons," similar what we sent into space with the Aricebo Radio/Space Telescope in Puerto Rico in 1974.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_message

But it took over 20 years to decipher the message. Once they did, they found the message to be a call for help and a warning. A civilization, similar to today's First World Nations of Earth, was dying. Dying from Pollution, War, Famine. They just started interstellar travel but their planetary resources were depleting rapidly. It warns about the use of certain technologies which can be used as weapons (ie: Nuclear), and reliance of fossil fuels. It also warns of over population. It ends with "Help us if you can."

Mind you... The Andromeda Galaxy is 250Million Light Years away. That message took that long to get here, so it was sent when the Earth was in the early stages of the Jurassic Era. For us to get it, it had to be sheer luck or it was planned. If it was planned, they would have to had calculated a lot of factors and think that we would have evolved to a point of getting and deciphering the message, and thinking that we would either be at a stage where we could help them or take and heed their warnings.

What you think?

If you take the TV Show StarGate, there was an episode of some members of the group getting caught in the past and they make a message for their future selves. Of course, this episode was a giant temporal headache from start to finish. But they made it in such a way that they (from the recent future) was sent into and forced to stay in the past, and created a message for their future selves stored in an ancient vessel discovered in their "present" time.

This is another such possible case. What do you think?

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2018, 8:42am

Quote from Fernando on Oct 22nd, 2018, 6:04pm:
Time Capsules are made by those who want those in the future to remember them and their history. Thus they tend to stuff them with technology they use, their recent history and current events (Newspapers/magazines are often found in them), and names of officials and community/political leaders of the area and time.

Now, why wold one from the future send a Time Capsule from their time into the past? Answer that question and you answer your own questions.

After I posted the same question in another forum, I questioned my motive for wanting to send a time capsule to the past. There are three reasons: First, I want to shut the mouths of those who made claims that the world would end or Christians will be raptured on a specific date. Second, I want sci-fi depictions of the future to be more accurate. Back to the Future II was way off the mark. Third, a person could write a story of the future with Arik's journal, a letter, printed copies of E-mail conversations and a couple of drawings by Bill Holbrook as reference material.

As for who I want to get the time capsule, a theoretical physicist or who understands the danger of certain things being released to the general public. Even the items that cannot be released to the public can at least be examined by archaeologists and anthropologists with a fine tooth comb to get a more detailed picture of the future.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2018, 10:02pm

Quote from Jeanette on Oct 23rd, 2018, 8:42am:
Quote from Fernando on Oct 22nd, 2018, 6:04pm:

After I posted the same question in another forum, I questioned my motive for wanting to send a time capsule to the past. There are three reasons: First, I want to shut the mouths of those who made claims that the world would end or Christians will be raptured on a specific date. Second, I want sci-fi depictions of the future to be more accurate. Back to the Future II was way off the mark. Third, a person could write a story of the future with Arik's journal, a letter, printed copies of E-mail conversations and a couple of drawings by Bill Holbrook as reference material.

As for who I want to get the time capsule, a theoretical physicist or who understands the danger of certain things being released to the general public. Even the items that cannot be released to the public can at least be examined by archaeologists and anthropologists with a fine tooth comb to get a more detailed picture of the future.

Jeanette Isabelle

You're seeing a Temporal Psychosis headache the size of the mountain that makes up the state Montana.

You can ask and even hope but until we develop such technology, and if so Time allows it, sending things into the past will not be possible. My Time Travel Paradox Joke/Puzzle explains it best, you just have to wrap your mind around it to understand it...

Quote:
A scientist invents a Time Machine, and allows no one to use it for several days. (this establishes its existence in the recent past). He then decides to test it, and sends a lab rat back into the past by 24 hours - aka a day. What happens next?
The Future will have no lab rat.
The Present will have 1 lab rat.
The Past will have an infinite number of lab rats.

Why is this so? the Lab Rat will be stuck in a Causality Loop that repeats its self and has no way of ending it. But only one rat (the same rat) gets sent to the future, what happens to the others? The original rat maintains the others, once it enters the present, the others have no reason to exist and thus cease to exist. Since the same Lab Rat is sent back in time, it is now immortal within the loop, and can not exist in the future. If the loop is broken, the rat suddenly ages that many times it went through the loop, and if it went through enough loops longer than its life cycle, it will die. This is how you van have 1 rat in the present, no rats in the future and an infinite number of rats in the past.

- - - - -

It is written in the scriptures that No Man Will Ever Know When The End Comes. So that is not ever going to happen, even with time manipulations.

Who cares about movies and other forms of entertainment that discuss fictional events of the future? There are dozen of conspiracy theories on Youtube that says movies like Back to the Future II predicted 911 and other events. But at the same time there are dozens of YouTube videos of movies that discuss the future and compares to hoe right or wrong they were. Watch this video very carefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0TpRGXKdog

To think that somebody exists that you can trust with knowledge from the future, would be putting the entire human race in jeopardy. The temptation of using that information to profit from it would be too great. It is best to leave it alone. Even I with the knowledge of the Construct of Time that I have, can not be trusted with that information.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2018, 4:14pm

Quote from Fernando on Oct 25th, 2018, 10:02pm:
You're seeing a Temporal Psychosis headache the size of the mountain that makes up the state Montana.

You can ask and even hope but until we develop such technology, and if so Time allows it, sending things into the past will not be possible. My Time Travel Paradox Joke/Puzzle explains it best, you just have to wrap your mind around it to understand it...

Quote:
A scientist invents a Time Machine, and allows no one to use it for several days. (this establishes its existence in the recent past). He then decides to test it, and sends a lab rat back into the past by 24 hours - aka a day. What happens next?
The Future will have no lab rat.
The Present will have 1 lab rat.
The Past will have an infinite number of lab rats.

Why is this so? the Lab Rat will be stuck in a Causality Loop that repeats its self and has no way of ending it. But only one rat (the same rat) gets sent to the future, what happens to the others? The original rat maintains the others, once it enters the present, the others have no reason to exist and thus cease to exist. Since the same Lab Rat is sent back in time, it is now immortal within the loop, and can not exist in the future. If the loop is broken, the rat suddenly ages that many times it went through the loop, and if it went through enough loops longer than its life cycle, it will die. This is how you van have 1 rat in the present, no rats in the future and an infinite number of rats in the past.

After I made my post, I considered a lot of things: If Arik read his journal in the early 1980s, would he still write it in the 1990s and 2000? If Bill Holbrook read the E-mail from the 2000s, would he write the Danielle storyline? Would you write to me if you read your E-mail in the Early 80s?

Assuming the information does end up in good hands and those who have received the items decide it is safe to publish them after a specific date, they would have to wait until after January 28, 1986, because the journal has enough information on the Space Shuttle Challenger that NASA would scrub the January 28, 1986 launch.

It is written in the scriptures that No Man Will Ever Know When The End Comes. So that is not ever going to happen, even with time manipulations.

This is what the Bible says:

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." -- 24:36

However, we have idiots like Edgar C. Whisenant who wrote the book 88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be in 1988. We also have idiots who believed that book.

Assuming the last published page is from 2009, a person with some sense can smack Edgar upside the head: "How can the rapture be in 1988 If Jeanette Isabelle's last published E-mail conversation is from 2009?"

The point is the published writings will shut those idiots up for a little while.

Who cares about movies and other forms of entertainment that discuss fictional events of the future? There are dozen of conspiracy theories on Youtube that says movies like Back to the Future II predicted 911 and other events. But at the same time there are dozens of YouTube videos of movies that discuss the future and compares to hoe right or wrong they were. Watch this video very carefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0TpRGXKdog

The video you posted demonstrates why it would be a good idea to set the record straight on what will happen in the future. Women will wear lightbulbs in their hair in the year 2000! How silly is that?

To think that somebody exists that you can trust with knowledge from the future, would be putting the entire human race in jeopardy. The temptation of using that information to profit from it would be too great. It is best to leave it alone. Even I with the knowledge of the Construct of Time that I have, can not be trusted with that information.

How can the information be used for profit other than to sell books and make movies? It's not like there is any financial information. One might argue the 1989 add for a 1990 Lexus could be a stock tip; that add does not tell the reader how well it was received. From that perspective, the Lexus could have failed as easily it could succeed.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2018, 9:22pm

Quote from Jeanette on Oct 26th, 2018, 4:14pm:

After I made my post, I considered a lot of things: If Arik read his journal in the early 1980s, would he still write it in the 1990s and 2000?

No.

If Bill Holbrook read the E-mail from the 2000s, would he write the Danielle storyline?

Would he even care?

Would you write to me if you read your E-mail in the Early 80s?

It would depend on the subject of the email.

But in all three cases, all involved would look into what would happen and try to change it just enough but a change would incur and that could bring on a worse consequence. In my mind:

Arik would make changes to what happened from what he read then to bring a better outcome, which would fail.

Bill Holbrook, remember, at about this time he was exploring ways to make money with his "Kevin & Kell," even though he was making money on his "On the Fast Track" and "Safe Havens." And despite his bitching for money, he was already making over $50K for those two comic strips alone. Add ads on the websites, conventions and fairs, selling art, and so on with all three comics and who knows what else he has, he was making $75K to $100K back then. So, having 1 fan having distress because of a story line? He, like others before him in the Comic Book Industry will force themselves to forget about it and continue on with the story.

Me writing emails to you back then? It depends on the situation back then like it did on those days. I backed you up with the Sock puppet crew tried to make you and Arik look bad, and you did the same for me. It was in those days that we solidify a friendship then that despite the verbal fights and argument we had over the years would not end it. That said a lot - we can disagree to the point of fang and claws but in the end we respect each other. And that is what a true friendship is.

Assuming the information does end up in good hands and those who have received the items decide it is safe to publish them after a specific date, they would have to wait until after January 28, 1986, because the journal has enough information on the Space Shuttle Challenger that NASA would scrub the January 28, 1986 launch.

Not necessarily true. As the "founder" of Computer/Technology Education in NYC in 1984, I was allowed to teach without a license because I did not have a degree but I have advanced skills to teach from. I was also allowed to join the Teachers in Space Program. From there things were Blaise', nothing was allowed to challenge the status quo. I ended up being Teacher #293, I've would have put me in the missions after the Columbia Accident if there would have been no accident.

But again, do not challenge the status quo. I wanted certain computer experiments with my students that are happening now in the ISS with the UK, EU and ESA with the Astro Pi (a Raspberry Pi inside a Space Case: https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/astro-pi-flight-case ). But I was going to use an Atari 800 Computer with their "Science Lab" which has a cartridge of software and various sensors. They considered it too large for a simple shuttle mission. I offered to shrink the package, they still refused it. So I went with something else and Challenger happened. All Teachers in Space program participants were told that the program is over because space missions are deemed too dangerous for civilians.

NASA has had several warning for Challenger and several close calls with Discover and Columbia before. They did not heed those warnings. Any warnings from the future, they would not heed. As Pointus Pilot once stated, they would say, "I wash my hands at this."

This is what the Bible says:

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." -- 24:36

However, we have idiots like Edgar C. Whisenant who wrote the book 88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Be in 1988. We also have idiots who believed that book.

Assuming the last published page is from 2009, a person with some sense can smack Edgar upside the head: "How can the rapture be in 1988 If Jeanette Isabelle's last published E-mail conversation is from 2009?"

The point is the published writings will shut those idiots up for a little while.

There will always be idiots who will say things to get a following. It does not matter that one says or does to prevent or stop it, eliminate one idiot, and another will replace him. That is the problem with Power; eliminate that who is power, and a vacuum will be created and somebody else will be put into or take that position to fill the void.

If anything, these idiots do make life "interesting."

The video you posted demonstrates why it would be a good idea to set the record straight on what will happen in the future. Women will wear lightbulbs in their hair in the year 2000! How silly is that?

Light bulbs in one's hair, they were not too far off on that as I seen an LED net or cap that goes over one's head and LEDs turn on/off and flash in different colors but LEDs are a lot smaller than Light Bulbs. The Past can only guess what the future will be by comparing what it has in terms of technology. They were very close with the Computers though they did not know what computers were in those days; the latest prediction about them was around 1964 with the online shopping and banking, and though computers came in 1977, for computers to do what the prediction foretold (ie: online shopping, et al) it would take another 20 years in 1995 with the advent of the Internet.

How can the information be used for profit other than to sell books and make movies? It's not like there is any financial information. One might argue the 1989 add for a 1990 Lexus could be a stock tip; that add does not tell the reader how well it was received. From that perspective, the Lexus could have failed as easily it could succeed.

Jeanette Isabelle

Lets take Bill Holbrook, if you knew that he would become a (eh...) famous cartoonist, despite what he did with the Danielle story line and hurting a fan in the process, you could approach him before he became famous, invest in his talent and even put insurance on his life and talent in case he would hurt on the job. As soon as he for famous, that investment and its value would grow.

In thinking about Lexus (Infinity and others), those luxury cars did not come out until around 1990. One in 1986 can invest in their parent company (Toyota for Lexus) and then split the stock when the fledgling Lexus comes out in 1990. This would double the stock's value instantly. As is, this a lot more than "a stock tip." It's Insider Trading, which is illegal if it can be proven as such.

Like in the Back To The Future series, two things were shown as past knowledge influencing the future:
1) Biff's Sports Almanac from the future that listed winders of sport events and the lottery. This information made Biff a very rich and powerful man.
2) Doc Brown's investment in the old West and a)inventing air conditioning/freezer (which happened at about that time period and area) and b) Doc Brown's investing in the guy that invented Barbed Wire for fencing. That made Doc Brown rich enough to buy his own steam train, which says a lot within itself.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2018, 2:33pm

Quote from Fernando on Oct 26th, 2018, 9:22pm:
After I made my post, I considered a lot of things: If Arik read his journal in the early 1980s, would he still write it in the 1990s and 2000?

No.

Arik would make changes to what happened from what he read then to bring a better outcome, which would fail.

I'm not sure either way. The journal was written by someone who is troubled by his past. If psychologists accurately decode the diary and find Arik early in his life, then it would be safe to assume that Arik would not have written his journal.

Would you write to me if you read your E-mail in the Early 80s?

It would depend on the subject of the email.

Me writing emails to you back then? It depends on the situation back then like it did on those days. I backed you up with the Sock puppet crew tried to make you and Arik look bad, and you did the same for me. It was in those days that we solidify a friendship then that despite the verbal fights and argument we had over the years would not end it. That said a lot - we can disagree to the point of fang and claws but in the end we respect each other. And that is what a true friendship is.

I have seventy-seven pages of printed E-mail. Most of the exchanges are with you, Aiesha, Isabel Marks, Bill Holbrook and Warren R. Ehn [from the Kevin and Kell forum]. Subjects include Michio Kaku mentoring you, time travel, 9/11 [Only the month, day and location (WTC) are specified. The year, what exactly happened and how it happened are not mentioned.], Aiesha's car accident, her assault, the characters DOS and Yukino, the two-year Danielle war and my stay in the psychiatric hospital.

NASA has had several warning for Challenger and several close calls with Discover and Columbia before. They did not heed those warnings. Any warnings from the future, they would not heed. As Pointus Pilot once stated, they would say, "I wash my hands at this."

If the journal is published before then, people will read about Challenger disaster before it happens and may watch the January 28, 1986 launch to learn if the Journal is accurate. I can picture the reactions.

Lets take Bill Holbrook, if you knew that he would become a (eh...) famous cartoonist, despite what he did with the Danielle story line and hurting a fan in the process, you could approach him before he became famous, invest in his talent and even put insurance on his life and talent in case he would hurt on the job. As soon as he for famous, that investment and its value would grow.

Perhaps it's because I'm not an investor; I don't see how another person can benefit much from knowing Bill Holbrook will draw three comic strips. Bill might gain if the published texts and drawings cause him to be more famous.

In thinking about Lexus (Infinity and others), those luxury cars did not come out until around 1990. One in 1986 can invest in their parent company (Toyota for Lexus) and then split the stock when the fledgling Lexus comes out in 1990. This would double the stock's value instantly. As is, this a lot more than "a stock tip." It's Insider Trading, which is illegal if it can be proven as such.

With me, I have a Stagebill Dallas Opera 1989 season. In it is the add I mentioned. On the bottom of the add, it says: "(c) Lexus, A Division Of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc." The Stagebill also has an add for the Landmark Cafe located in the Omni Melrose Hotel which also has corporate information on the bottom, an add for Prudential-Bache Securities, the Chanel Boutique in Highland Park Shopping Villiage, Northern Trust Bank of Texas, The Watergate Hotel, Park Place Motorcars [a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Dallas], Merrill Lynch, The Claridge "Luxury high-rise residences from $400,000 to $3.5 million.", Delta "We Love To Fly And It Shows", Oakdale "Secured, Exclusive Homesites From The Low One-Hundreds", Campbell Stationers - Engravers, Clotheshorse Anonymous, Communities Foundation Of Texas, Self-Insurance Resource, Inc., The Fairmount Hotel, Alzheimer's Association, American Airlines and Dewar's.

You're right. This Stagebill is such a  goldmine of information I may as well include a copy of The WallStreet Journal from 1989. Providing financial information is not what I want. People need to invest the old fashion way. It's not that I wish for Bill to succeed by becoming more famous, what happened does play a role in the fifteen-year story.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2018, 4:11pm

There will always be idiots who will say things to get a following. It does not matter that one says or does to prevent or stop it, eliminate one idiot, and another will replace him. That is the problem with Power; eliminate that who is power, and a vacuum will be created and somebody else will be put into or take that position to fill the void.

If anything, these idiots do make life "interesting."

You're right. There will always be idiots. There are also people who are serious about understanding the mysteries of end-time prophecy.

If a published set of texts and drawings accurately depict events (when a person is born, what happens in that person's life, the names of three presidents and the destruction of the Challenger on January 28, 1986), then events that have yet to come to pass should be given some weight.

Anyhow, for reasons unknown other than that is how it worked out, the story [a combination of Arik's journal, drawings and printed E-mail] is only fifteen-years-long. An E-mail Aiesha wrote to me on August 11, 2009, completes a story that started on March 19, 1994, the day of Arik's sister's wedding.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeanette
Experianced

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2018, 4:38pm

Quote from Jeanette on Oct 27th, 2018, 2:33pm:

No.

I'm not sure either way. The journal was written by someone who is troubled by his past. If psychologists accurately decode the diary and find Arik early in his life, then it would be safe to assume that Arik would not have written his journal.

What if the contents are never published in its entirety? Instead, allow writers to study the materials so they can write a story based on known future events.

This way, if Arik is unable to read his journal, verbatim, there is a higher likelihood he will write it when the time comes.

Jeanette Isabelle

View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2018, 2:44pm

Quote from Jeanette on Nov 2nd, 2018, 4:38pm:
Quote from Jeanette on Oct 27th, 2018, 2:33pm:

No.

What if the contents are never published in its entirety? Instead, allow writers to study the materials so they can write a story based on known future events.

This way, if Arik is unable to read his journal, verbatim, there is a higher likelihood he will write it when the time comes.

Jeanette Isabelle

Excuse me for making this personal; what if Jeanette (you) got a message from the future about your father's plane crash and of the events to follow that makes you who you are today? You would feel that you should do something about it, no matter what that something might be. Even causing a delay in the event can cause change. In trying to change the outcome of the future, whether it succeeds or not, creates a new future and thus a different Jeanette in the end.

The likely hood that you, Jeanette, will not act is slim. This is true for everyone. And this is why some events are immutable but the attempts in changing it can cause other (unknown) ramifications one has to deal with.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2