Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 4:27am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
GsB2 Edit Project (Read 1035 times)
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

GsB2 Edit Project
Aug 9th, 2010, 2:25pm

well, here goes nothin'.

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Re: GsB2 Edit Project
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2010, 2:33pm

In a small Southern Italian town by the lake with the same name of Nemi, two young female squirrels are were pulled out from a fancy sports car from a near watery grave. One was in her early 20’s, red haired; the other, blond, about 1/2 the age of the first. They share many traits, and as documents found at the scene say- sisters. Among other things found in the documentation, two cards: each with different phone numbers, one was an American phone number.

The local law and public safety authorities call the American number first. The phone rings for several rings, before a sleepy voice answers.

Voice: Hello? I hope who ever you are, that you know it is 3 in the morning here.

Voice says with a very thick Italian accent: Pardon the intrusion, sir. We found this number and would like you to answer some questions for us.

Voice (in a semi angered tone): Oh, you better not be some telemarketer- I am going to kill you if you are!

Italian Voice: My apologies. We are with Nemi Law and Public Safety... I am Officer Povucci.

Voice: Nemi?

Officer Povucci: Nemi... Italy.

Voice: What happened to Tammy?

Officer Povucci: So you do know Miss Squirrel?... Can I ask if you know what she is doing in Italy?

Voice: She just moved over there to be with family. What happened to her?

Officer Povucci: We pulled her sports car out from the town lake, they were barely alive when found. They are alive, but we need more information on them, family history, friends, her job... would you know any of this information?

Voice: I know that their mother married some wealthy Italian over a year ago, and about 1/2 a year later they were murdered. I was with Tammy trying to get her sister, Bink, back from the Social Work Agency who took care of her, but they thought the young girl had no family. It took a long time, but both sisters were reunited and since then have been living in Italy.

Officer Povucci: And who are you?

Voice: Me? I am Fernando, a friend of the family. I work for the World Organization of Rescue Rangers as Emergency Medical Support and Logistics.

Officer Puvucci I See. Is there anyway way for you to come here and identify them?"

Fernando: Are they dead?

Officer Povucci: They are not dead. How do you Americans say- They are in a coma. The doctor says that they are improving.

Fernando: I will be there with my team tomorrow morning. Could you FAX me the information? Same number, just let the number ring until the fax machine in this end pick up.

Officer Povucci: I can send you the information...

Fernando: Have you called anyone else about them?

Officer Povucci: We have another number, which we had not tried yet.

Fernando: Don’t call anyone until after I and my team are there.

Officer Povucci: We will be waiting for your arrival then.

The phone hangs up on their end.

Fernando gets up out of bed, and walks into the bathroom to wash up. Then he gets dressed and starts walking to the Café. It being 3:33 in the morning, hardly anyone was there. Fernando walks behind the alarm and reaches into a box with a mad-scientists knife switch on it. Above it in red large letters covered in dust and cobwebs "Emergency Ranger Call" In small letters under it- "Do Not Use Unless It Is An Absolute Emergency." In tiny letter under that, "This Mean You, Dale!"

An Air raid alarm howls, an old bell in the branches rings and all TV and radios in The Café switch to the Emergency Ranger Galactic Frequency. In minutes, the place fills up with Rangers. The Starship and Naval Captains away on patrols or mission appear on the TV screens. Chip comes out from one of the upper floors of The Café residence area.

Chip: Dale- if you pulled that switch again, so help me!

Fernando walks over to the Center of The Café floor, talking out loud to everyone there.

Fernando: People, Something happened to Tammy and Bink in Italy. I need a small team to go with me check on her and give any assistance. We leave this evening.

GsB II: Acorns and Ergot

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1