Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
May 17th, 2024, 3:57am
News: Welcome to the Cabin! If you want to register send me an e-mail. you can link to my e-mail under the welcome page.

Pages: 1
Death Of Angelica Toni (Read 1671 times)
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Death Of Angelica Toni
Jan 3rd, 2008, 6:15pm

There is this back and forth argument about characters and stories, and that Stories should be written for the characters and not characters written for the story.

Just got Vol. 9 of the Gunslinger Girl Manga in Japanese. It features the death of Angelica Toni, which the Gunslinger Girl Fans everywhere knows her as Angie. Just to throw it at you, she dies in Chapter 48, and buried in Chapter 49. The book starts at Chatper 45 and end in Chapter 50. Why she dies, I'll leave it up to you to read. Even though its in Japanese, a picture says a thousand words.

Its a huge download- 59.4 megs; in Zip format, expands into 6 folders, and the files are in .jpg format.

Just prepare for your heart to be broken on this one.
Here is the link:  http://206.71.145.165/GsG/Manga/Gunslinger_Girl_V9JP.zip

« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2008, 11:01pm by Fernando »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Re: Death Of Angelica Toni
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2008, 7:28pm

View Profile   IP Logged
Hondo I. Sackett
YaBB Administrator
Behind you!

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2008, 5:31pm

I finally read them all and I know somethin' touchin'/sad is goin' on but I can't for the life of me get the message without seein' the words!

Well the cowboy, like the red man, you had to leave your land
You can't raise your stock and plant your crop in the gumbo and the sand
Greed disguised as progress has put us to the test
They won't be glad until we're gone from our home out in the west
It's sad to see those good old days replaced with greed and doubt
Soon we'll leave the country, the campfire has gone out
Bid 'em all adieu, you can't turn the world about
The cowboy left the country, the campfire has gone out
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Fernando
YaBB Administrator
NY City

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2008, 9:48pm

Angie's past was that she was a young girl (between 6 - 7) when she was turned into a cyborg; she was with her dog Perro when her father hit her with the car to collect insurance on her.

As the first cyborg of the SWA, She was the forst to develop problems, primarily memory loss. Angie's memory problems kept see-sawing, as she started to remember her dog Perro. Angie was one of the few cyborgs who was allowed to keep her memories of her past life; but lost most of them.

She has had ups and down with the conditioning medication, but she has always been the best cyborg on the field, and the oldest cyborg of the group although the youngest member of the force (some people dont understnd that one).

Volume 9, as you seen, she gives herself up to save her fratello: Marco. She starts to remember again of her dog, and Marco decides to finally (after several failed attempts) to find the dog for her. He finally finds it before she dies, despite what the hospital staff would say.

As you seen in the end, she dies. From what little Japanese I can read, they say their final goodbyes and 'I love you' in the end. The other cyborgs know Angie died and dont know how to handle it. Worse is Jean as a Handler. Marco will get a new cyborg, but who will she be? And will he tough on her and expect her to pass as Angie did? Angie is the standard which all other cyborgs go on, and for such a little girl, left some very big shoes to fill. Until then, Marco will be given a vacation to sort things out.

Not even the Death of Elsa di Sica shook the other cyborgs as Angie is. Elsa was tolerated, Angie was loved.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1